HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Demand Justice for Basie the Wrongly Euthanized Corgi
Posted by: Friends of Basie ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:02PM

Demand Justice for Basie the Wrongly Euthanized Corgi

Basie the corgi mix was 17 years old when she escaped her family's backyard. She was almost completely deaf and slow-moving, so she must have felt some relief when a kind-intentioned stranger brought her to a shelter to wait for her family. Instead, she was euthanized--fewer than three hours after being lost.

Demand justice for this atrocity. »

Basie's owner, Alison, told WUSA9 news, "Basie died alone with strangers, which is the real tragedy. She was a baby, just a helpless little dog, you know?"

The vet who euthanized Basie claims that he was under instruction from the Fairfax Animal Control; Fairfax Animal Control says it gave him no such directions. Regardless of who is at fault, there is only one way to make sure this tragedy never happens again in Fairfax.

Ask Fairfax County to stop euthanizing animals in its shelters!

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! >>>>> http://www.thepetitionsite.com/435/justice-for-basie-stop-euthanizing-animals-in-fairfax-county/

Current Signatures: 2,511

Thanks for taking action!

Kathleen
ThePetitionSite

TROLLS NEEDED TO KEEP THIS ON TOP - THANK YOU!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Demand Justice for Basie the Wrongly Euthanized Corgi
Posted by: A friend of dogs ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:14PM

A lesson to be learned have you dog micro ID chip implanted. It is just around $30 bucks. If you really care for your dog stop being a lazy cheap ass and just do it.

Posted by: head scratcher ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:47PM

FYI a post was made on the original thread about this that is purportedly from the animal hospital involved. Below is a copy-n-paste from that post. For some reason, probably not a real good one, the OP of THIS thread has chosen to not mention that - I personally consider that the equivalent of lying and, frankly, shameful.

=========
For all of you who are leaping to conclusions based on a one-sided news report, here is the vet's explanation. It paints a completely different picture:

INCIDENT INVOLVING THE EUTHANASIA OF 17 YEAR OLD FEMALE DOG NAMED BASIE AT CROSSPOINTE ANIMAL HOSPITAL

On November 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm a client of CPAH called asking if she could bring in a stray dog that she found wandering. The client had seen the dog about 30 minutes earlier and vowed to help this dog if she witnessed it again as she indeed did as she drove through the area. On the 2 viewing of the dog, it appeared decidedly worse, now hardly able to walk and struggling to breath. She stated that the dog looked like it was going to die. A staff member at CPAH told her if she could catch the dog to bring it in right away and that they would do whatever they could to save the animal. CPAH called Fairfax County Animal Shelter to inform them of the situation. The dispatcher was told that a client was bringing in a stray dog that looked emaciated and was possibly in the process of dying. The dispatcher said she would inform Animal Control. At approximately 12:20 pm the client arrived at CPAH with the dog. This female dog was approximately 17 years of age with no tag, no collar, no microchip and no means of readily identifying her. Every effort was made to contact local animal shelters, where no reports had been filed. The dog was unable to walk on her own and had to be carried into the hospital. Upon arrival the dog looked emaciated and was noted to have thick discolored nasal discharge, the inability to stand on her own, and having difficulty breathing. Oxygen was begun to ease the respiratory effort. A doctor at CPAH did a complete physical exam on the dog and discussed the findings with Animal Control Officer Haines at the Fairfax County Shelter. Per ACO Haine’s instructions, CPAH called the Fairfax County Shelter to see if anyone had filed a missing report matching the dog’s description. Unfortunately, there had been no reports filed with a matching description. Upon further discussion with the shelter and the client it was determined that the dog was found in Occoquan. CPAH was then informed to call the Prince William County Animal Shelter because the dog had been found in their jurisdiction. CPAH called PWC and spoke with a dispatcher who checked their records but found no reports of a missing dog fitting the description of the one currently at CPAH. The dispatcher then informed CPAH that if the ACO from Fairfax County said to humanely euthanize the dog then to do so. CPAH asked if PWC would pick up the body but were told that PWC does not pick up bodies. The dispatcher was then asked if he wanted to take a report of the stray dog to which he responded “no.” CPAH again got in contact with ACO Haines from Fairfax County and informed him that PWC would not help and that they needed advice on what to with the dog being dependent on oxygen. ACO Haines informed CPAH that if euthanasia was the most humane option then to proceed in that manner and that he would come out and pick up the body. After conferring with ACO Haines the doctor humanely euthanized the dog to help alleviate its continuing struggle for life. Based on preliminary findings, especially the neurological and respiratory conditions, the possibility that the pet in its wanderings may have been struck by a vehicle could not be dismissed. It turned out the dog was not a stray and the owners contacted Fairfax County Animal Shelter the following day. Despite Fairfax County’s offering to hold the body for 7 days, it instead cremated the dog soon after being taken in by the animal control officer on duty. The owners picked up her ashes at Fairfax County. CPAH spoke with Sgt Powell at Fairfax County in regards to what information could be given out because the owners were requesting the name of the client that brought the dog in. Sgt Powell informed CPAH that they were not required to give that information out and that if the owner’s contacted Animal Control they also would not release that information. Sgt Powell also stated that he was reading over the doctor’s assessment and said that the owner was lucky he did not live in Fairfax County or he might have been fined for animal cruelty. The following statement is reprinted from the code of Va Sec 3.2-6507 regarding injured or sick animals; action by the veterinarian:

1. If a licensed veterinarian is called or by his own action comes upon an animal that is sick or injured and the owner of such animal cannot be immediately located, then the licensed veterinarian, in his professional judgment, may treat, hospitalize or euthanize without the permission of the owner. The veterinarian shall make such reports and keep such records of such sick or injured animals as may be prescribed by the Board of Veterinary Medicine, including the information required under sub section B of 3.2-6557.

2. In no event shall a licensed veterinarian who has acted in good faith and properly exercised professional judgment regarding an animal be subject to liability for his actions in: (i) acting accordance A; or (ii) reporting cases of suspected cruelty to animals.

While Crosspointe Animal Hospital is extremely saddened by the entire situation, they feel as though they cannot apologize for trying to humanely end an animal’s suffering. A patient’s well being is always the first and foremost consideration when deciding on a treatment plan at Crosspointe Animal Hospital and we commend the Good Samaritan who tried to help treat and if possible save this dog.

Posted by: TO: head scratcher ()
Date: November 16, 2011 06:02PM

As a neighbor of Allen and Alison let me see if I can correct the BS in your piece.

This account by the Vet was constructed to try and avoid a lawsuit and it is mostly fiction. My daughter works at Crosspointe and is devastated by this killing. Documentation to show that the Vet lied to many people and constructed the nonsense you copied was copied by my daughter and has been turned over to Allen and Alison should they decide to go forth with a lawsuit.

And let me add a few more things. I saw Basie the day before she was TAKEN and nothing noted by the vet about her condition is accurate except for the fact that Basie walked slow and was hard of hearing. Nothing else "noted" by the vet is accurate.

From the BS piece you posted -

"struggling to breath" - LIE

"bringing in a stray dog that looked emaciated" - LIE (the dog was very clean and had recently had her nails done. Any competent vet looking at Basie would have seen that she wasn't a stray and was a family dog).

"The dog was unable to walk on her own and had to be carried into the hospital." - LIE (according to my daughter Basie was taken out of the car and carried straight into the vet).

"Upon arrival the dog looked emaciated and was noted to have thick discolored nasal discharge" - LIE (my daughter say Basie and did not see "thick discolored nasal discharge - this LIE was added to Basie's chart late in the day when Crosspointe personnel realized they had screwed up). My daughter was going to try today and find the actual chart, not the 1 doctored by Crosspointe personnel.

"Oxygen was begun to ease the respiratory effort." - TRUE (any competent vet would know corgis are prone to breathing issues even as pups - look it up).

"The dispatcher then informed CPAH that if the ACO from Fairfax County said to humanely euthanize the dog then to do so." LIE (the dispatcher came forward today and according to WTOP stressed that "what the vet stated was a lie"). This LIE is an attempt by Crosspointe to pass the buck/avoid a lawsuit.

"the doctor humanely euthanized the dog to help alleviate its continuing struggle for life" - LIE (my daughter is prepared to testify in Court that this is a LIE as Basie was NOT struggling for life but was wagging her tail and seemed to really enjoy the attention she was getting).

"Based on preliminary findings, especially the neurological and respiratory conditions, the possibility that the pet in its wanderings may have been struck by a vehicle could not be dismissed." - LIE (according to my daughter there were NO signs she had been hit by a car and is ready to testify in Court to that fact if asked).

"what information could be given out because the owners were requesting the name of the client that brought the dog in" - (according to the name my daughter gave me, this "client" is a retired Vet Tech who "believed" it was time for Basie to be put down and it was this "client" who TOOK Basie out of the yard - YES the dog was stolen!

"Sgt Powell also stated that he was reading over the doctor’s assessment and said that the owner was lucky he did not live in Fairfax County or he might have been fined for animal cruelty." (had Sgt Powell been told the TRUTH or had spoken with my daughter then Sgt Powell would have learned the "doctor's assessment was fabricated).

AND LET ME STATE THIS AS PLAINLY AS I CAN - I SAW BASIE THE DAY BEFORE SHE WAS TAKEN AND IN NO WAY WAS SHE READY TO BE KILLED - YES - SHE WAS KILLED. Did Basie walk slow - YES - she was 17-years-old. Was Basie hard of hearing - YES - she was 17-years-old. Are senior citizens hard of hearing - YES - do senior citizen walk slowly - YES - BUT WE DON'T KILL PEOPLE WHEN THEY BECOME SENIOR CITIZEN!

THE FACTS I STATED ABOVE CAN BE PROVED WITH DOCUMENTATION OBTAINED BY MY DAUGHTER AND TESTIMONY BY MY DAUGHTER IF THIS SHOULD GO TO COURT.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: November 16, 2011 06:04PM

Thank goodness we have another thread on this, bravely posted!

Date: November 16, 2011 06:11PM

TO: head scratcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a neighbor of Allen and Alison let me see if I
> can correct the BS in your piece.

I don't believe you.

Date: November 16, 2011 06:13PM

PART 2

I forgot to add this to my previous post.

Take a look at this photo, taken several days before she was TAKEN, this was NOT a dog ready to be KILLED!

She's clean with NO nasal discharge and no competent vet could possibly take a look at this dog and say that this dog was ready to be put down.
Attachments:
BASIE.jpg

Date: November 16, 2011 06:24PM

TO: head scratcher Wrote:
> Take a look at this photo, taken several days
> before she was TAKEN, this was NOT a dog ready to
> be KILLED!

Hmmm...why were you taking pictures of your neighbor's dog?

(...)

Date: November 16, 2011 06:46PM

You wrote "Hmmm...why were you taking pictures of your neighbor's dog?"

This photo was taken by my daughter as she was out walking her new puppy. My daughter loved Basie which is why she is devastated by this killing.

I would invite you to my place and take you down to meet Allen and Alison but as a first time visitor to this underground I can safely say you'll are some sick individuals and most of you'll desperately need of psychiatric help if not commitment. So I wouldn't invite you to my place unless you were under Police guard.

I bid you'll a good-day and believe me you'll NEVER see me here again!

Posted by: HUH!? ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:06PM

Wait........so your "daughter", who obviously knows/photographs this dog, 1)works at the hospital where the dog is sent to and 2) sees her and notes her condition, yet chooses to say nothing and let the animal be put to sleep?? Anyway you spin it, that some pretty fu*ked up stuff man!! It looks like everybody can stop pointing fingers, we know who REALLY is to blame now..... Even if you think 3 hrs or whatever is too quick of a time to put the dog to sleep, it seems like that time was spent trying to locate the owner. Guess your daughter could have shared her little secret sooner and saved all this drama

Posted by: To: The Dog's Neighbor ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:13PM

Have printed your statements and will deliver to Crosspointe. Your daughter probably needs to start looking for a new job, if your claim is true that she copied records belonging to her employer and removed same from the premises.

Also, if she knew the dog, why didn't she identify it?

I'm calling BS

Date: November 16, 2011 07:20PM

head scratcher Wrote:
> FYI a post was made on the original thread about
> this that is purportedly from the animal hospital
> involved...

It turns out there is nothing purported about it - the same text is on the animal hospital's web site:

http://www.crosspointeanimalhospital.com/Basie-s-Story.html

So it's about as "official" as one could get publicly (though we, of course, don't know who actually wrote and put the text out there, it's probably safe to assume someone important at the hospital approved it).

So if the "neighbor" is to be believed, a business officially lied about just about everything (including to the police (that's who "Animal Control" is) and purposefully killed a dog due to philosophy rather than medicine.

Boy, are THEY in for SERIOUS trouble!

Hmmm...

Date: November 16, 2011 07:22PM

> ...Your daughter probably needs to start looking for a new job...

Yeah, when I read the spew above I was wondering if the "neighbor" got permission from the source to publicly post the stuff. Major family fight ahead if not!

Posted by: You're problem is obvious ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:03PM

Well if ya'll loved this stupid animal so much why didn't it have

1) a collar on so ownership could be ID'd (why would a citizen who cares enough about animals not use info from a collar id tags to return to owner?)
2) as mentioned before 30 bucks and it's chipped..especially a dog that has medical issues...ya'll must really be idiots who shouldn't own an animal
3) no one noticed this beloved dog of the complex was missing until the next day? Normally go an entire day without wattering, or feeding?

so your list of "lies" really does not add up...sounds more like the lies are coming from you.....not the vet

Why would a vet use up his $$$ to administer anything to a dog unless it was needed?

Again your stories just don't add up....theirs does...

Next time buy a freaking leash, build a fence...and keep an eye on your animals..dog on the loose = dead dog in my neighborhood

Posted by: Terrible! ()
Date: November 16, 2011 08:26PM

I demand justice!!!
Attachments:
2694005_370.jpg

Posted by: Fong ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:14PM

A couple of days ago I saw three Chinese guys with chopsticks chasing a little dog near Occoquan. The dog looked really tired. Please, please tell me this wasn't little Basie. If it was, no wonder she was foaming at the mouth and couldn't stand. Mercy me.

Posted by: J Wang ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:50PM

Basie was not delicious. A bit tough, no doubt due to her old age. Will try to stick with puppies in future, and will try a different recipe.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: November 16, 2011 10:06PM

Looks like J. Wang took Basie for a wok!

Posted by: PRAY FOR THEM ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:07PM

You all are some SICK MOTHER-FUCKERS:

Alpha Male
J Wang
Fong

You 3 are the biggest TROLLS this web site has. I feel sorry for your family and friends have to put up with such sick people.
I really hope you take the steps needed to get help.
Why the 3 families of these sick individuals haven't gotten them psychiatric help... unless... other family members of these sick individuals are also mentally unbalanced and can't see how sick their sons are.

Looking at the writings of:

Alpha Male
J Wang
Fong

gives me a better idea of what makes a serial killer...

BUT, you 3 will have to answer to your sick ways...

Alpha Male
J Wang
Fong...
Attachments:
Mental-Health-advice.jpg
Pray for them.jpg

Posted by: PRAY FOR THEM ()
Date: November 17, 2011 01:18AM

PRAY FOR THEM - THEY ARE NOT WELL - LETS GIVE THEM STRENGTH AS THEY COME TO TERMS WITH THEIR MENTAL ILLNESS - AND GIVE THEM STRENGTH TO SEEK THE HELP THEY SO DESPERATELY NEED...
Attachments:
Pray for them - with Jessika.jpg

Posted by: Shaquita ()
Date: November 17, 2011 01:20AM

PRAY FOR THEM Wrote:
> PRAY FOR THEM - THEY ARE NOT WELL - LETS GIVE THEM
> STRENGTH AS THEY COME TO TERMS WITH THEIR MENTAL
> ILLNESS - AND GIVE THEM STRENGTH TO SEEK THE HELP
> THEY SO DESPERATELY NEED...

My god, you have way too much time on your hands. I bet you're one of those occupier queers, aren't you?

you white poeple are fuckin crazy

Posted by: Chris Holmes ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:26AM

Thank you, Head Scratcher, for your insistance on pushing-back for the sake of pushing back. Thank you, others, who continue to lay out.

To whoever this other person is who stated:

3) no one noticed this beloved dog of the complex was missing until the next day? Normally go an entire day without wattering, or feeding?

It was 15 minutes. You're obviously unaware of the situation. As the son of Allen and Alison,as someone that had the priviledge to interact with Basie for the 17 years she was with us, and as someone that has participated in rescue programs, positive reinforcement training, etc with dogs for years, I must ask, who on earth are you to make inaccurate assertions about how we care for our dog?

She was taken FROM THE YARD, not after wandering from the yard. The woman that picked Basie up KNEW Basie, knew the family she belonged to, yet picked the dog up out of the yard and took the dog ACROSS COUNTY LINES to a vet and DID NOT knock on our door. The numerous shelters, PWC Animal Control, etc.. had no record of where Basie was, if she was taken in to any of these places, etc. because the 'good samaritan' took our dog across county lines to kill her.

Anyone with experience with vets knows they don't have a revolving door for charity cases and if this woman had any intention of 'rescuing' Basie, she would not have taken her to . Anyone with experience with Fairfax County Law Enforcement or PWC Law Enforcement knows that if proper procedures were followed, Basie would not have been euthanized within an hour of being taken from our yard. This just goes to further show Crosspointe was not telling the truth. A follow up with Fairfax County Animal Control would confirm that they were not consulted and would never advise such action on a dog picked up within the hour not mortally wounded.

Unfortunately, Basie was not wearing a collar. As mentioned numerous times, she was 17 years old, and while not ill enough by any means to warrant an immediate euthanization, she did have some medical issues that would be expected of a dog over the age of 13. Equally unfortunate is that she was not microchipped. Once again though, she is 17. From experience working with rescue organization and other trainers, I know (and you're dumbass shoudl know, apparently knowing so much about people and their dogs) that the vast majority of household pets are NOT microchipped, and while looking in hindsight it is easy to think about what should have been done, but as someone that has worked tirelessly for dogs and knowing Basie personally, I would never have microchipped her if the decision was mine as she hangs out in the yard or on the porch, has done so for countless years when outside and isn't the type of dog you'd expect a microchip to be beneficial for.

Since you all have such great hindsight, anyone want to advise on how to prevent your dog being taken from your yard into another county to a facility where they're destined to be put down?

I have no idea who posted earlier, but I can't agree more with their assertion that the majority of you come off as 1) terrible people or 2) someone who thinks they're the bees knees because they can post in anonymity behind a computer screen in the comfort of their home. This is in noway a challenge to any of you, I have no interest in that, but rather a chance for you to take a look at yourself in the mirror and realize how pathetic you actually are that you have to take out your shortcomings and depressing life on other people!

Thanks to those that claim to know my family, live in the Occoquan area. People unfamiliar with the story, or getting slightly altered versions (Huffington Post reported 'escaped from yard') have no idea what is going on, and while I appreciate everyones input (I AM an advocate of microchipping, but I don't walk around with my head up my ass thinking because a dog wasn't chipped she deserved to be put down), it's hard to comprehend what is going through half of your minds..

Re: You're problem is obvious
Posted by: Not a moron ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:35AM

YOu obviously have no experience working with vet clinics. This is what happens when pets are brought in and the owners are either not there [such as this case] 2) or the dog is injured in an accident and can't be saved [massive blood loss, trauma, etc].

Proper procedures would have led to a call to Fairfax County Animal Control, which was not made and is verified by Fairfax County as well as their assertions that the chain of events does NOT coincide with policy they would advocate. Minimum time, etc..

The occurence itself is not the 'shocking' portion of this, as this happens at vets around the country every day (yes, you retard, vets everyday use their money to put down pets that aren't paying customers).

What is shocking is that the dog was taken from the owners yard by someone else to be euthanized (Crosspointe has provided this information as well in another attempt to deflect attention away from them).

What makes even less sense is why Crosspoint is popping up with changing comments on the matter all over the place that any serious business (or a business going by the rules) would refrain from making.

Posted by: Not a moron ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:38AM

FYI, Basie was not cremated. Animal Control never had her body in their posession. Hey, 2 fallacies in once sentence! They must be right!

keep scratchin that head

Posted by: Fong ()
Date: November 17, 2011 12:03PM

Why would anyone take a 17 year old dog from their yard? Everyone know that a 17 year old dog will be too tough to use for General Tso Chicken. Why bother?

Date: November 17, 2011 12:13PM

This gets stranger as time goes on - someone, not sure who, is mad at a vet for doing what vet's do. Yet apparently the now-dead dog did NOT wander off but was taken from a yard by a nonowner?

Uh...shouldn't the anger (ALL the anger) be directed at that someone who took the dog?

In actual fact, and assuming the 479 different versions fo the "theft" story are true, isn't there a REAL crime involved here rather than mere (severe) disappointment?

Pardon, but something isn't computing here.

Date: November 17, 2011 12:18PM

Crosspoint's website has been "enhanced" with a statement from the person who "picked up" the dog:

STATEMENT PROVIDED BY GOOD SAMARITAN WHO PICKED UP 17 YEAR OLD FEMALE DOG NAMED BASIE.

On Tuesday, November 1, I was driving in Occoquan, near the corner of McKenzie and Ellicott St. I saw what appeared to be a stray dog walking in the vicinity. As I took a closer look, I realized the dog appeared to be severely injured. I continued past the dog but later returned to the area about 20 minutes later to see if the dog was still there. I walked up to the dog and noticed how horrible her condition appeared. She looked emaciated and when I offered her a piece of bread, she showed no interest in eating. She had a very difficult time walking and looked as though her back legs were injured. She was walking almost completely on her front legs, almost dragging her hind quarters. The dog was also having trouble breathing and I could see excessive mucus coming from her eyes and nose. After a few minutes assessing whether it was safe to pick her up, I then put her in my car. I decided to call CPAH instead of Animal Control because I knew that she would receive a more compassionate level of care at their facility. I called the staff and informed them that I was bringing in a stray dog that was in terrible condition. The staff at CPAH took immediate action once I brought her in and within minutes, followed proper procedure by contacting both Fairfax County and Prince William County Animal Control. I also know that CPAH would not and did not euthanize the dog until animal control approved the procedure, as I stayed with the dog for 45 minutes until we awaited confirmation.

==========

BTW, not yet mentioned by the theoretically-injured parties is whether or not they contacted Animal Control (ANY animal control) on the day the dog went missing and when, in comparison to the dog's killing, that was done.

Posted by: Verification Request ()
Date: November 17, 2011 12:19PM

So the picture of Basie that was taken "a few days" ago. I noticed that the grass is pretty green for the middle of November and the leaves still on the branches, no discoloration as most of the leaves have turned/fallen by now. I beleive the branch leafs are dogwood, which discolor early October, not early November. Of course, you can remove all doubt by posting a recent photo of that area.

You can provide a picture you take today showing the foliage and grass so we can compare, otherwise, I am skeptical that being a recent photo. This really goes to the veracity of your side of the story. If you have enough time to post that photo then you should have enough time to follow it up with more proof that buttresses your assertions. You want help, here it is, but before I get on your train, I want you to verify your side of the story.

If you can provide proof that it is a recent photo, I will gladly sign your petition and promote it generously across the swath of friends and aquaintances I know. If not, well, then I say you are being disengenuous. Either way, sorry for your loss. Thank you for your consideration.

Posted by: Two Sides ()
Date: November 17, 2011 04:18PM

For those of you who claim this woman took the dog from the yard, what evidence do you have? You didn't see it happen or you presumably would have tried to stop her. You should not make inflammatory accusations when you have nothing other than speculation to support them.

For those of you who are accusing the vets of being a dog-killers, what exactly would the motive be? It couldn't have been money because no one was going to pay the bill. Do you really think these vets did all the work to enter into this profession because they hate animals and their life's ambition is to kill dogs for free when they get the opportunity?

For those of you who claim this dog was just fine earlier, that's like saying your 95-year-old grandmother was fine the last time you saw her. Health can go downhill quickly. That becomes increasingly true with advanced age, and it is especially true when a 17-year-old dog is left alone and starts wandering around unattended. Based on what they saw, the vet thought the dog might have been hit by a car. Whatever happened, she obviously didn't arrive at the vet's office in the same shape as when you saw her before.

These owners need to take responsibility themselves for what happened. If they were so worried about their dog, why did they leave her all alone outside their house?

Posted by: Mr. Dearfoam ()
Date: November 17, 2011 06:35PM

Anyone have a sense of how many Corgi's it would take to make a pair of furry slippers?

Posted by: Shaquita ()
Date: November 17, 2011 06:56PM

I heard corgi is the new thanksgiving turkey

Posted by: reality ()
Date: November 17, 2011 07:50PM

Friends of Basie Wrote:
> Demand Justice for Basie the Wrongly Euthanized
> Corgi
>
> Basie the corgi mix was 17 years old when she
> escaped her family's backyard. She was almost
> completely deaf and slow-moving, so she must have
> felt some relief when a kind-intentioned stranger
> brought her to a shelter to wait for her family.
> Instead, she was euthanized--fewer than three
> hours after being lost.
>
> Demand justice for this atrocity. »
>
> Basie's owner, Alison, told WUSA9 news, "Basie
> died alone with strangers, which is the real
> tragedy. She was a baby, just a helpless little
> dog, you know?"
>
> The vet who euthanized Basie claims that he was
> under instruction from the Fairfax Animal Control;
> Fairfax Animal Control says it gave him no such
> directions. Regardless of who is at fault, there
> is only one way to make sure this tragedy never
> happens again in Fairfax.
>
> Ask Fairfax County to stop euthanizing animals in
> its shelters!
>
> PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! >>>>>
> http://www.thepetitionsite.com/435/justice-for-bas
> ie-stop-euthanizing-animals-in-fairfax-county/
>
>
> Current Signatures: 2,511
>
> Thanks for taking action!
>
> Kathleen
> ThePetitionSite
>
> TROLLS NEEDED TO KEEP THIS ON TOP - THANK YOU!

"She was almost completely deaf and slow moving"

the dog was probably going somewhere to die. mostly deaf, lethargic, and two years past life expectancy, it was ready to go. dogs do that. i had dog that was so old and fucked up he could barely move, but damned if he didn't break out and go find some place to lay down and die.

all this outrage is baloney. unless the owners are in worse shape than that dog was there's no reason why they couldn't contain a geriatric corgi or at least hold it down long enough to put a collar on it. blaming the hospital is stupid.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: November 17, 2011 07:51PM

@PRAY FOR THEM: thank you for honoring me with your post and custom-designed ribbon thingy. You're still a weird douchebag with WAAAYYY too much time on your hands, but that's OK. You have real talent.

Back to the matter at hand, however. Nobody really gives a fuck about this dog. Make a nice wallet out of its hide and get on with life.

Posted by: Jill ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:37PM

I still can't believe they KILLED this poor dog. I saw this on the news and I haven't slept well since. What were these so-called "vets" thinking anyway?

Posted by: hehehehehhe ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:03AM

Jill,

Reading comprehension really isn't something you have, is it?

If you read more of the information in this thread and in the forum, you'd know that the dog was sick and elderly, and that the owners neglected to keep valid tags on it. Also, the owners were too stingy to have the dog chipped.

Put plainly, the owners are the reason the dog is dead.

Frankly, who cares?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh,and END OF COMMENTS, lick my balls. NO MORE SPAMMING!!! teeheehee

Posted by: Capt obvious ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:48AM

Chris Holmes Wrote:
> Thank you, Head Scratcher, for your insistance on
> pushing-back for the sake of pushing back. Thank
> you, others, who continue to lay out.
>
> To whoever this other person is who stated:
>
> 3) no one noticed this beloved dog of the complex
> was missing until the next day? Normally go an
> entire day without wattering, or feeding?
>
> It was 15 minutes. You're obviously unaware of the
> situation. As the son of Allen and Alison,as
> someone that had the priviledge to interact with
> Basie for the 17 years she was with us, and as
> someone that has participated in rescue programs,
> positive reinforcement training, etc with dogs for
> years, I must ask, who on earth are you to make
> inaccurate assertions about how we care for our
> dog?
>
> She was taken FROM THE YARD, not after wandering
> from the yard. The woman that picked Basie up KNEW
> Basie, knew the family she belonged to, yet picked
> the dog up out of the yard and took the dog ACROSS
> COUNTY LINES to a vet and DID NOT knock on our
> door. The numerous shelters, PWC Animal Control,
> etc.. had no record of where Basie was, if she was
> taken in to any of these places, etc. because the
> 'good samaritan' took our dog across county lines
> to kill her.
>
> Anyone with experience with vets knows they don't
> have a revolving door for charity cases and if
> this woman had any intention of 'rescuing' Basie,
> she would not have taken her to . Anyone with
> experience with Fairfax County Law Enforcement or
> PWC Law Enforcement knows that if proper
> procedures were followed, Basie would not have
> been euthanized within an hour of being taken from
> our yard. This just goes to further show
> Crosspointe was not telling the truth. A follow up
> with Fairfax County Animal Control would confirm
> that they were not consulted and would never
> advise such action on a dog picked up within the
> hour not mortally wounded.
>
> Unfortunately, Basie was not wearing a collar. As
> mentioned numerous times, she was 17 years old,
> and while not ill enough by any means to warrant
> an immediate euthanization, she did have some
> medical issues that would be expected of a dog
> over the age of 13. Equally unfortunate is that
> she was not microchipped. Once again though, she
> is 17. From experience working with rescue
> organization and other trainers, I know (and
> you're dumbass shoudl know, apparently knowing so
> much about people and their dogs) that the vast
> majority of household pets are NOT microchipped,
> and while looking in hindsight it is easy to think
> about what should have been done, but as someone
> that has worked tirelessly for dogs and knowing
> Basie personally, I would never have microchipped
> her if the decision was mine as she hangs out in
> the yard or on the porch, has done so for
> countless years when outside and isn't the type of
> dog you'd expect a microchip to be beneficial
> for.
>
> Since you all have such great hindsight, anyone
> want to advise on how to prevent your dog being
> taken from your yard into another county to a
> facility where they're destined to be put down?
>
> I have no idea who posted earlier, but I can't
> agree more with their assertion that the majority
> of you come off as 1) terrible people or 2)
> someone who thinks they're the bees knees because
> they can post in anonymity behind a computer
> screen in the comfort of their home. This is in
> noway a challenge to any of you, I have no
> interest in that, but rather a chance for you to
> take a look at yourself in the mirror and realize
> how pathetic you actually are that you have to
> take out your shortcomings and depressing life on
> other people!
>
> Thanks to those that claim to know my family, live
> in the Occoquan area. People unfamiliar with the
> story, or getting slightly altered versions
> (Huffington Post reported 'escaped from yard')
> have no idea what is going on, and while I
> appreciate everyones input (I AM an advocate of
> microchipping, but I don't walk around with my
> head up my ass thinking because a dog wasn't
> chipped she deserved to be put down), it's hard to
> comprehend what is going through half of your
> minds..

Where do you pull this information from? Your ass? Story now changes to the dog was stolen from a yard? If they properly tagged their dog(law) this all would of been avoided, what medical issued does a dog have that it can't wear a collar?? Head smaller than neck syndrome? Don't get all uppity because the owners failed their pooch.....

Posted by: Verification Request ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:23AM

Still waiting for that photo and I am fully onboard. I'll keep checking back.

Posted by: Kardiac ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:11AM

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

Posted by: Wolfgang Puck ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:45PM

It sounds like they were one Step 1 with Basie, but they just went a little too long.

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/filipino/00/rec0001.html

Posted by: Shalom! ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:53PM

Really? All this over a Dog? "DEMAND Justice for a dog?"

How many human fucking beings are dying in this county due to someone's neglect/criminal behavior?

Holy shit, you people need a reality check, or at least some friends who speak words and walk on two legs.

Posted by: lovely! ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:06PM

It's threads like this that keep me coming back to FFU. This shit is better than a night at the movies!

Date: November 18, 2011 06:37PM

Shut up, hehehehe. I have read the thread. So WHAT if the owners forgot a collar?? That doesn't give the "vet" license to KILL that poor little dog. It is terrible what they did and you have the gall to blame it on the owners??? You're a sorry excuse for a person and I'd MUCH rather spend time with animals than someone like you.

Posted by: Enough with the Dog already ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:17PM

The vet claims to have acted in accord with Virginia law. Proving otherwise would be difficult.

If the dog really was taken from the yard, the owners can press theft charges, since dogs are personal property under Va. law. If they have proof, bring a case against the dog-napper.

Either way, give it a rest, already! Losing a pet is awful, but grieving works better in private than it does on FFU.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 09:52PM

What is the best way to cook Corgi?

Posted by: Julia Childs ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:48AM

A turkey fryer works well for Corgi, but most prefer to marinate and roast slowly so as to accentuate the natural flavors.

Posted by: kardiac ()
Date: November 19, 2011 12:35PM

Slowly turning over an open pit fire. Baste frequently

Posted by: hothothot ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:34PM

Crosspoint got it totally wrong. It sounds like they totally overcooked Basie.

Posted by: Rover ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:13PM

Jill Wrote:
> I still can't believe they KILLED this poor dog.
> I saw this on the news and I haven't slept well
> since. What were these so-called "vets" thinking
> anyway?

I still cant believe the irresponsible owners let this poor old dog loose to be hit by a car or whatever. I love dogs and it pisses me off that these two selfish stupid people are even allowed to own a dog. Sadly there are lots of purely selfish dog owners out there.

Posted by: Still waiting ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:58PM

Still waiting for a confirmation photo. About this time I start to think that the story is got a few holes and maybe this is a ploy for some sort of tort action. Well, I'm losing a lot of faith in the accusers about now. Had plenty of time to respond and yet, nothing.

Date: November 20, 2011 10:02PM

Rover Wrote:
> Jill Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I still can't believe they KILLED this poor dog.
>
> > I saw this on the news and I haven't slept well
> > since. What were these so-called "vets"
> thinking
> > anyway?
>
>
> I still cant believe the irresponsible owners let
> this poor old dog loose to be hit by a car or
> whatever. I love dogs and it pisses me off that
> these two selfish stupid people are even allowed
> to own a dog. Sadly there are lots of purely
> selfish dog owners out there.

Shut up, Rover. The vets are to blame not the owners. I still can't get over the image of this in my head. It's just like when they shaved Aslan in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Just terrible. :(

Posted by: Dresia Vaughn ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:08PM

Mother F*ck. Tell you this, I better, ever not see someone trying to hurt my dogs chopsticks, what ever. They will bury you. I will die for my animals trust me when I say that.

Why didn't the BASTARDS call the person back that put the dog to death. Had that been a human being, would he have done the same thing, NO, then why not give the animal a chance at life. Dam, that's why I don't like people too much. Bunch of wolves in sheep clothing.

Posted by: Dresia Vaughn ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:12PM

And let me add one more thing,If the owners neglected this dog and let him loose to get rid of it because of expenses, shame on you. Would you do that to one of your children? What kind of compassion to you have letting the sick and helpless dog out? hoping just what the dog got, to be hit by a car. What kind of person would do that to their animals, an animal that loved you unconditionally. I don't ever want to meet you because I will have some harsh words for you. That's almost like putting a baby out on the streets to fend for him/herself. Shame on you.

Posted by: Rover ()
Date: November 22, 2011 07:45PM

Dresia Vaughn Wrote:
> And let me add one more thing,If the owners
> neglected this dog and let him loose to get rid of
> it because of expenses, shame on you. Would you do
> that to one of your children? What kind of
> compassion to you have letting the sick and
> helpless dog out? hoping just what the dog got, to
> be hit by a car. What kind of person would do that
> to their animals, an animal that loved you
> unconditionally. I don't ever want to meet you
> because I will have some harsh words for you.
> That's almost like putting a baby out on the
> streets to fend for him/herself. Shame on you.

My understanding is that the dog owners kept this poor dog alive well after it needed to be put down. They let the poor animal suffer for their own selfish reasons. The dog was very lucky to get away.

Posted by: Vet=animal lover? ()
Date: November 22, 2011 09:27PM

He could have waited a few days. Even if the dog was old the dog should have been treated better.

Can you imagine if grandma with a brain disease was lost for a week and we let the state kill her it would be a compassion killing? Not!

Posted by: Emelio Ochoa ()
Date: November 23, 2011 07:16AM

People, can we please stay on topic here? It's Corgi Recipes that are up for discussion! I enjoy Corgi Scampi on a periodic basis. What's your preferred way to prepare Corgi? Corgi Tartar? Filet of Corgi? Curried Corgi? Let's hear it!

Posted by: JustinTime2 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 08:48AM

Vet=animal lover? Wrote:
> He could have waited a few days. Even if the dog
> was old the dog should have been treated better.
>
> Can you imagine if grandma with a brain disease
> was lost for a week and we let the state kill her
> it would be a compassion killing? Not!

Chances are, that wouldn't happen, because Grandma is a person, and this dog was a dog. I realize that for you that may be difficult to differentiate between, but that's why we have laws preventing people like you from making decisions.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 23, 2011 09:43AM

Oh animal rights people, priceless.

If you do not have any identification on your pet it is at risk of euthanasia. The county and private veterinarians do not have the resources to take care of all of the cute doggies in the area. Euthanasia is a very real fact of life, and just like stupid people we all have to live with it. The owners of this dog were grossly irresponsible and couldn't be bothered with spending five dollars on a collar or $30 bucks for a microchip. The family has no right to be upset about this beyond the grief of losing a pet. They didn't report the dog as missing to local authorities, they didn't have the dog in any way identifiable and they are trying to discredit an animal hospital with a frivolous lawsuit and slander. As one of the ACO's stated in a released statement "that the owner was lucky he did not live in Fairfax County or he might have been fined for animal cruelty".

You can whine and moan all you want about this but nothing will come of it. The lovely organization that so many people love, PETA is the largest single euthanizer of animals, have a word with them and get them to change their policies before you try to force a local private entity to change their legal obligations. If this dog was truly suffering they were required to put it down or they could deal with animal cruelty charges.

I had to put my dog down two years ago when he was 15. He was pissing blood and could barely stand on his own. I had to make the difficult decision to have him put down because I knew he was suffering. Veterinarians do not just put down animals for the 'fun of it', there is too much paperwork and harrasment to deal with even when done legally so most aren't going to sit there and kill animals for kicks. Say what you will but as usual, this is just another bleeding heart whining thread.

Posted by: Jim Peta ()
Date: November 23, 2011 06:35PM

Basie's former owners should be euthanized for their negligence.

Date: November 23, 2011 08:58PM

The simple fact is that these "vets" had blatant disregard for Basie just because she was "old". By all accounts Basie was a wonderful dog from a loving family who met an unnecessary and untimely death. It's just horrible.

Posted by: Basie's Neighbor ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:03PM

Basie's family didn't want to pay to put her to sleep, so they took off her tags and sent her to play on the highway. Now she's finally gone, thanks to a merciful vet. About time. How long will you idiots keep dwelling on this?

Date: November 26, 2011 08:52PM

Basie's owners *DIDN'T* want her dead. If it weren't for the butcher vets she'd still be here. Those vets should lose their license. I'd really like to organize an Occupy Crosspointe movement.

Posted by: New to this thread ()
Date: November 26, 2011 10:46PM

Could someone please clarify - were Basie's owners trying to kill her or not? If not, why did they neglect her and let her loose with no tags, no microchip, and no concern for her well-being?

And second, is it true that Basie's owners sold her remains to a Korean restaurant? What's the going rate for Corgi meat?

Posted by: capt obvious ()
Date: November 26, 2011 10:58PM

Jill Wrote:
> Basie's owners *DIDN'T* want her dead. If it
> weren't for the butcher vets she'd still be here.
> Those vets should lose their license. I'd really
> like to organize an Occupy Crosspointe movement.

Actually if the owners watched their animal, and didn't let it run loose with no tags, id, chip, anything....it wouldnt be dead...go occupy a clue

Posted by: Get Real ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:13PM

Not only that, but as far as I can see from the News 9 report the owners' yard didn't even have a fence. Instead of blaming the vet or the woman who picked up a dog in poor health running unattended without any ID, blame the owners.

Date: February 18, 2012 05:59PM

Has anyone done anything about Crosspointe yet? Are they still killing animals?

Posted by: Will Someone ()
Date: February 18, 2012 10:15PM

With any luck, someone will pick up the retard troll Jill and drop her off at Crosspointe for "treatment".

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: February 18, 2012 11:25PM

The vet was prolly trying to give the poor old dog a Jackson nap to perk it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 11:25PM by Mikeymike.

Date: June 06, 2012 09:19PM

I'm very disappointed the petition ended with only 52k signatures. Does anyone know how to start a new petition? I feel horrible every time I think of poor Basie.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 06, 2012 09:23PM

well then..............make sure Basie's next owners care for her better then.............

Posted by: Dog Catcher ()
Date: June 06, 2012 09:25PM

I hope animal control wrote those owners a ticket for having an unrestricted dog.

Also, how did you start that petition? I'd like to start one to euthanize all corgi's.

Re: ALDemand Justice for Basie the Wrongly Euthanized Corgi
Date: June 06, 2012 09:55PM

I like Corgis :)
Attachments:
corgi1.jpg

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: June 06, 2012 10:05PM

Corgis are little arsonists!

Posted by: JenK ()
Date: June 06, 2012 10:22PM

Don't attack Crosspoint, they take in stray/feral cats and tame them so they can have homes.

Long and short-dogs are supposed to have a collar with their rabies vacc tag on it. If they obeyed dog laws, they'd still have the dog...

Date: June 06, 2012 10:25PM

and yet, so awesome LoLz

:)
Attachments:
corgi2.jpg

Date: June 06, 2012 10:31PM

hoocoodanode Wrote:
> Corgis are little arsonists!
>
>

Love how the guy runs out of the house, leaving his wife/girlfriend and dog to die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: June 06, 2012 10:33PM

I believe this is being handled in the courts.

funny-dog-pictures-corgi-c-corgster-atto

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 06, 2012 11:40PM

Yeah, that Veterinarian should lose their license to practice, what a POS. They're worse than Animal Control.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 07, 2012 04:29AM

I'm definitely an animal lover, but I don't see how the vet is to blame for this.

The first problem is that the dog was on its own without any means of identification. As previously pointed out, collars and microchips are not expensive, and they're certainly not new technology. Any time our dogs were outside, they were either supervised at all times or had a collar on. That's just common-sense pet ownership. It's sad, yes, but all the outraged pet owners on here should learn a valuable lesson from this.

If the dog was stolen from the yard as some people claim... aside from the fact that a geriatric corgi is not a prime target for dog thieves, then the person who stole the dog is to blame.

There's no telling what kind of injuries or trouble a small, 17 year-old dog who's mostly deaf and barely able to walk can get into. Even if the dog was fine when the owners last saw her, who's to say she didn't get injured or eat something bad between the time she went missing and the time she showed up at the vet? If she'd been hit by a car and killed, would people be "demanding justice" from the driver?

People don't become vets because they hate animals and relish the opportunity to murder a dog. Also, a vet isn't going to risk their license, the negative publicity, their reputation, and the liability involved with putting a perfectly healthy animal down for no reason. If there are a lot of other independently-verifiable instances of healthy animals being euthanized outright upon being brought to Crosspoint Animal Shelter, then I'd agree that there's a trend of shady practices that should definitely be investigated. That doesn't sound like the case here.

If it were me in this situation, I'd be upset and sad, but I wouldn't start a public campaign to demonize this animal shelter that hinges on people ignoring my own negligence.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: county resident 286 ()
Date: June 07, 2012 05:07AM

Jill Wrote:
> Basie's owners *DIDN'T* want her dead. If it
> weren't for the butcher vets she'd still be here.
> Those vets should lose their license. I'd really
> like to organize an Occupy Crosspointe movement.

Basie's owners are a couple of sick people who were keeping a poor suffering animal alive for their own selfish sick pleasure. Thankfully the poor animal managed to escape her restraints and found someone compassionate that helped her.
Thank God they cannot hurt Basie any more, she has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Date: June 07, 2012 10:03AM

120609++Dott+Angel+ss.JPG

Date: June 07, 2012 03:18PM

You all are AWFUL. I don't know how you can blame the owners. It's also terrible how you make fun of that poor dog. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how poor Basie left this world at the hands of strangers. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Date: June 07, 2012 03:23PM

@Jill - they didnt have a damn tag on the dog. I mean it's what? 10-15 to license the dog. Hell you can just get a Walmart tag for like $5 they didnt even do that?

Posted by: TSki ()
Date: June 07, 2012 03:30PM

We are talking about a 17-year-old dog here right?

I have to agree with everyone else here. If the owners put SOME form of ID on the dog, this wouldn't have happened. The vet did the right thing. Who knows how much that dog had been suffering before it was brought to the vet and what its condition was.

I'm sure the vet put the dog down as humanely as possible. Its not like they beat it to death with a pipe.

Posted by: Basie from the grave ()
Date: June 07, 2012 03:30PM

Will you all just shut the fuck up already, my owners sucked, now i'm dead. case closed.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 07, 2012 03:46PM

Jill Wrote:
> It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how
> poor Basie left this world at the hands of strangers.

I hate to break it to you, but if the dog was sick or injured and the owners had to take her to the vet themselves, she still would have left the world in the "hands of strangers." Vets don't typically let the owners hold the pet while they're euthanizing it. You take the pet in, it goes in the back, and you go back a couple days later for the ashes.

Whatever happened to a pet dying and people just imagining it running through fields chasing butterflies while it waits for its owner?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: June 07, 2012 07:31PM

I got to hold my doggie when they euthanized her :(

the 24HR place in Vienna

man, I cried like a little girl LoLz

but it is a VERY humane procedure, that's for sure.

It's funny how the same ppl coming down on the vet for putting the dog down will excuse the idea that the dog would have died more painfully without vet help. AND ALL BECAUSE THE F**KING OWNERS DIDNT FOLLOW THE LAW AND TAG THEIR DAMN ANIMAL.....................

Date: June 07, 2012 08:06PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> I got to hold my doggie when they euthanized her
> :(
>
> the 24HR place in Vienna
>
> man, I cried like a little girl LoLz
>
>
> but it is a VERY humane procedure, that's for
> sure.
>
> It's funny how the same ppl coming down on the
> vet for putting the dog down will excuse the idea
> that the dog would have died more painfully
> without vet help. AND ALL BECAUSE THE F**KING
> OWNERS DIDNT FOLLOW THE LAW AND TAG THEIR DAMN
> ANIMAL.....................

Gordon, I'm so glad there is another dog lover on here. Sometimes I feel I'm all alone. I truly wish Basie's owners could have been there for her, but, unfortunately, it didn't happen because of the over eager vets. So sad...

Posted by: Dicky Roberts ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:36PM

Friends of Basie Wrote:

>
> Basie the corgi mix was *17 years old* when she
> escaped her family's backyard. She was *almost
> completely deaf and slow-moving*, so she must have
> felt some relief when a kind-intentioned stranger
> brought her to a shelter to wait for her family.

Who cares? The dog was old as shit and obviously on its' way out. Sounds like they did the right thing.

Date: June 07, 2012 08:39PM

@Jill - I'm sorry but I just dont see how any vet could be "eager" to end the life of an animal.
My dog was treated by 5 different vet hospitals from coast to coast in her lifetime and EACH AND EVERY ONE was obviously an animal lover, and each in their own unique way.

I'm sure Basie's owners cared for her...............but it is County law for license yr dog. As far as has been described, her owners did not do that for her which is one of the main reasons her owners were not contacted.

When I was out west, EVERY 4th of July was a friggin ritual for me. After the city's fireworks show, I'd hang out in the front yard and SURE ENOUGH, some dog would walk by. One year, 3 dogs LoLz. All those dogs were EASILY returned cause all you had to do was check the leash, make a phone call.

All I'm saying to that to paint Crosspointe as like "evil" or whatever for what happened is just wrong. You know damn well they didnt want to do it, but felt they had to.

Ppl dont run a vet hospital for sheer profit. Or at least I've never in my life seen a vet hospital run of any other reason than love of animals, is all............ I know this cause each and EVERY ONE of those 4-5 vet hospitals I talked about (coast to coast, mind you), EACH ONE hooked me up with a payment plan when the dog needed surgery or something. And NONE of them had to hook me up the way they did. But EACH AND EVERY ONE did it.

Just think about what I said, k?

Posted by: secret squirrel ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:45PM

Does anyone know for sure that the neglectful owners were not charged with a crime?

Date: June 07, 2012 08:54PM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> Whatever happened to a pet dying and people just
> imagining it running through fields chasing
> butterflies while it waits for its owner?

Fuck, yeah!

wtf-photos-videos-corgi-is-a-hell-of-a-d

Date: June 07, 2012 10:50PM

In case it hasn't been obvious from my incessant posts beating a dead horse here, I am an ignorant slut. Fugly too. But I love dogs and doggie style. Especially with a big German Shepherd.

Posted by: Jill J. ()
Date: January 10, 2013 09:25PM

Oh my goodness!!! I went to check on Fairfax Underground a few months back and I thought it was gone. But it's back, thankfully! I'm so sad that the same cannot be said for poor Basie.

I cannot believe how mean some of the posts are here. The one above is especially unkind. Someone has posted under my name and said terrible things about me and taken my login name. It's no wonder folks like you don't like dogs and like to see them harmed. I will not lower myself to your level, however. Though it's painful to me, the pain cannot compare to the pain Crosspointe cause Basie and her owners.

Has there been any more word on the boycott of Crosspointe?

Posted by: Jill. ()
Date: January 11, 2013 08:09AM

P.S. Though I'm now over 400lbs, I still like to do it doggie-style!

Date: January 11, 2013 08:17AM

@Jill J - there is no boycott - that's just a silly idea that will do NOTHING to solve whatever problem you believe there currently is

Date: January 13, 2013 10:14PM

I do not weigh 400lbs. I stay healthy by walking my pets. What does "doggie-style" mean?

Jill. Wrote:
> P.S. Though I'm now over 400lbs, I still like to
> do it doggie-style!

Date: January 14, 2013 08:17AM

Is doggie-style referring to the way I take it from my German Shepherd?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.