HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
upgrading FIOS set top boxes/ dvr
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:02PM

I have the motorolla set top box and dvr for fios and would like to upgrade to the newer cisco ones anyone know the best way to do this? I would really prefer not to dig through their tech support levels and transfers.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: upgrading FIOS set top boxes/ dvr
Posted by: Fios Guy ()
Date: November 16, 2011 01:20PM

The cisco boxes are nice (when activated correctly and the data networks will actually communicate with them) there are alot of issues and bugs along with the new boxes. The Motorolas have better communication and support to date IMHO. Verizon is already in process of phasing out the motorolas and replacing equipment with cisco hardware regardless of customers trying to upgrade, However i have not heard of customers get new boxes just bc they wanted newer stuff. it is done box for box along with service trouble tickets called into the customer svc centers. that said most of the boxes you receive via mail or install technicians are refurbished units anyway. Good Luck

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: November 16, 2011 04:20PM

So is there any way to get a free new cisco box?

Posted by: GARY ()
Date: January 18, 2012 10:38PM

if you have a plasma tv the new cisco set top box remote will not work with your tv. if you turn it off it will work or cover your screen with a blanketthe light from the tv is just to strong for it to work. hey fios fix the problem. im sure a lot of people like me who just got fios instaled have gone back to there old provider

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.