HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Taxpayer's alert
Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: February 03, 2008 12:56AM

I was just at a gathering tonight of Fairfax County school employees. We are all either teachers, retired teachers, administrators, tech support people, etc. One friend told me that she has been busy with the South Lakes redistricting but that it has helped her tremendously. I asked why. She told me that they have these neighborhood meetings for the people who might be redistricted. As a FCPS employee in a cluster office, she conducts smaller meetings in the evening and shows the people the plans and gives info and answers questions. For each meeting, they are paid $250 extra on top of their rather generous salaries. Just thought you might like to know where your school money is spent.

PS. It's not on the kids!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Taxpayer's alert
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: February 03, 2008 07:02AM

God forbid a teacher gets paid for once putting in a 50 hour week. Your post is bogus

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:04AM

Even as skeptical I am of the public school budget, I have to agree here that extra time spent should equal more pay. And the alternative is NOT having people there to distribute information.

Posted by: Rowsdower ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:27AM

If the $250.00 fee is accurate, that is pretty nice compensation for hosting a meeting, even if they pick up a couple boxes of donuts.

One hour meeting = $250.00 an hour
Two hour meeting = $125.00 an hour
Three hour meeting = $83.00 an hour
Four hour meeting = $63.00 an hour
Five hour meeting = $50.00 an hour

Posted by: Criminy ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:42AM

http://www.fcps.edu/DHR/salary/scalepdfs/fy08/08tchr194.pdf

They don't make that much for the area. And it's not like they're doing this every night. Give them a break and get back to monitoring your scanners for jaywalkers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.