HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Blame it on 9/11, not the real reason.....
Posted by: FUNMdamental ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:03PM

I took my kids into DC today. First we went to Gravely point (technically DC, because of the airport), then the Awakening, then Capitol Hill. We went around the Capitol to the area marked off for entry. When we got there, the usher/guard told us all tours were full, and we couldn't go in. I asked if I could just take the kids to see the Rotunda, and he said you had to be on a tour. I said that we used to be able to walk in, and he stated "that ended on September 11, 2001."

I was shocked, mad, angry, and disappointed at the lie he had just said.

I told him I could remember going into the Capitol in early and late 2002 without a tour. The restrictions, including all the barricades around the Capitol, came about, not right after September 11, 2001, but started in mid to late 2002, right before the President started talking shit about Iraq, and building forces around Iraq. He said he was told it was because of September 11.

What can we do about misinformation, and tying everything to 9/11, and not juxtaposing it with its true partner Bush's invasion of Iraq for no real f'ing reason at all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blame it on 9/11, not the real reason.....
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:11PM

lied to by guy with a gun and a little bit of power? sounds like a cop. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: X-26 ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:26PM

Just because the barriers didn’t magically pop up on Sept. 12th doesn’t mean that it wasn't because 9-11. I would like to point out that there is allot of government in D.C. which means lots of people who all think that there opinion matter and want to be running things. The screwy liberals think if we hug enough people everyone will love use try to counter what the paranoid conservatives that believes everyone is out to kill us want to do and vise versa. It is a delicate balance that requires both parties to come to a conclusion and that conclusion may end up taking a year or two. Not to mention it’s an evolving process and didn’t happen all at once. Everyday the security there gets tighter.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: February 02, 2008 07:53PM

Next time go on a weekday. Contact your member of Congress and ask for a tour. They will give you some clueless intern who can walk you around the place. You can even ride on the Capitol Hill subway!

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: February 02, 2008 07:58PM

The President planned using 9-11 as an excuse for invading Iraq; everyone around him at the time who had since left the administration (except the best military strategist since Custer- Rumsfeld) has stated that clearly. Every account tells us as soon as the 10 year old Iraq war plans were updated at the Pentagon after 9-11, by the request of The White House, the barriers went up around the city and and we were frightened by Iraq's 15 minute strike capability and biological weapons produced by Iraq and al Qeda that were destined for our shores. The President prepared the city for a worldly unpopular invasion and war. Now, I can't take my kids to the Rotunda, as my father took me.

Perhaps, if we didn't invade an oil rich country in the Middle East, as osama had been scaring Middle Easterners for years the American "demons" were planning to do, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

Remember, Colin Powell admitted he had presented an inaccurate case to the United Nations on Iraqi weapons, and the intelligence he was relying on was, in some cases, "deliberately misleading."

Take a line from Reagan. "Are you beter off now than you were five years ago?" "Are the Iraqi people better off now than they were five years ago?"
The answer is "Hell no." Thank you President Bush; as Peggy Noonan, no friend of the Democrats, statedHe has "destroyed the Republican Party."

Date: February 02, 2008 08:10PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Next time go on a weekday. Contact your member of
> Congress and ask for a tour. They will give you
> some clueless intern who can walk you around the
> place. You can even ride on the Capitol Hill
> subway!

I used to to ride the subway all the time and ride the members' only elevator. All you had to do was start a conversation with member while waiting for the vator to come down. I don't need no stinking interns, I can navigate those cavernous tunnels better than most of them. I even know which elevator to use to get to periodical press gallary in the Capitol. I know that building well.

My kids are in school during the week and I work to support them. Damn President Bush for f'ing up everything.

Posted by: Do YOu agree? ()
Date: February 02, 2008 08:31PM

Posted by: STFU ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:07PM

Do YOu agree? Wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1
> &item=140201755681&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=004

Go to hell spammer!

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: February 04, 2008 05:43PM

Maybe it is part of the ever increasing attempt to remove the people out of its own government....

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: February 04, 2008 08:09PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
> Maybe it is part of the ever increasing attempt to
> remove the people out of its own government....

You make a good point here.

Transparency in government, vote Ron Paul!

Date: February 05, 2008 12:30PM

The Economist Wrote:
> Take a Stand Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe it is part of the ever increasing attempt
> to
> > remove the people out of its own government....
>
>
> You make a good point here.
>
> Transparency in government, vote Ron Paul!

Right! Vote Ron Paul, who needs the FDA anyway?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.