HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax just wishes it was California
Posted by: Caliman ()
Date: February 02, 2008 06:08AM

As a Californian its easy to see how Fairfax and all these eastcoast cities would love to be like California. I have been to most cities in the east (b.more, NYC, DC, Richmond) and i have yet to find a decent authentic mexican restaurent. Can anyone tell me anything Fairfax is good at? You guys all have it over yourhead that your important cuz you live steps away from DC, fuck it. People out here are so uptight and stupid and racist that it amazes me. I know most of you hate California, but without California you wouldn't have Hollywood, Apple, Intel, Silicon Valley and so many more. So Fuck Fairfax and the Eastcoast, nothing good has ever came out of it. Legalize Marijuana.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax just wishes it was California
Posted by: GARBAGE ()
Date: February 02, 2008 06:16AM

Caliman, STFU

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 02, 2008 10:22AM

Oh Sure we really miss the Bloods and Crips, WildFires ranging when the Santa Anna Winds come every year, the Rampant High Taxes and overcrowding, the threat of EarthQuakes ALL year round just to name a FEW things we Easterners are jealous of! Wow you are SO RIGHT!

California, keep it!
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: February 02, 2008 10:27AM

Out of the 50 States, there are two that I wound not EVER consider living in, unless there was absolutely NO OTHER WAY!

California and New York. In that order.

Posted by: SKINS 4 LIFE ()
Date: February 02, 2008 10:58AM

I would love to live in cali, the weather, palm trees, mountains, beaches, beeches,cars.. but i dont see how not having an authhentic mexican restaurant makes faifarx wanna be cali... go down to manassas or the crossroads or off rt1.. ull find some mexican spots..especially out in manassas.
PEACEEE

Posted by: GAD ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:14AM

Caliman,

What a delightful, tolerant, and worldly person you seem to be. Tell me, how did you become some enlightened?

Teach us more, oh wise sage.

We yearn for your insights.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:18AM

Caliman is just grumpy 'cause he didn't get his soy/wheat grass smoothie this morning. Maybe once he's recovered, he'll discover the Search link.

Posted by: Tomahawk ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:25AM

caliman just misses his legal weed vending machines.

There's plenty of good latino food joints around here, one on every corner it seems. Maybe if you'd get outdoors once in a while you'd notice.

Of course, caliman, there is a shortcut: just hit ALT-F4 on your keyboard and a list of good local Mexican joints will load up in your browser.

Posted by: say what ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:49AM

Using the age old logic, if it is so great there what are you doing here?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 02, 2008 03:42PM

gah. i hate california. i would never want to be live those dirty hippie eco-freaks.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: February 02, 2008 04:03PM

Caliman,
Just go by any 7-11 in the morning or afternoon and ask one of the Mexicans hanging around in front of the store where you can get authentic Mexican food. This will kill 2 birds with one stone. You'll find your mexican food and be surrounded by illegals, just like you were in Cali. It'll feel like home again.

Posted by: Julio ()
Date: February 02, 2008 04:08PM

Its now known as Mexifornia. We know why you left.

Date: February 03, 2008 08:46AM

I am only out here for a project and would be returning to my beloved Cali as soon as its done and not one day longer. Granted you guys have a decent working public transit (wouldn't be surprised if it was financed with monies from California, knowing california pays more taxes into the feds than it receives - we are tax donors), thats the only good thing to speak of out here. And whats up with all these racist remarks on the board, i swear to god almost every other post is about illegals, mexicans, or arabs. Your collective racism is only matched by your ignorance of history, these people you are calling illegals (mexicans) owned half of the south western US. We drove them out of their land for our own greedy purposes, no wonder some in cali want to secede from your Jesusland.

Posted by: Calisux ()
Date: February 03, 2008 09:15AM

You didn't mention the rolling brownouts, massive state debt, scientology, Berkley freak-show, over-priced homes (worse than here), smog, traffic (again, worse than here). Hurry up and go back. Delta's ready when you are.

P.S. You do have some pretty hot women out there...

Date: February 03, 2008 09:25AM

I'm sorry for all the bad things I said about Fairfax. It is really growing on me these past few hours, instead of sitting on the internet in this smelly motel I decided to go and actually look for things to do. But now I have a new question, who are all those beaners waiting on the corner around Annandale?

Posted by: El Barto ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:44AM

Caliman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But now I have a new question, who
> are all those beaners waiting on the corner around
> Annandale?

Just trying to get back to CA amigo.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: February 03, 2008 10:53AM

Caliman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am only out here for a project and would be
> returning to my beloved Cali as soon as its done
> and not one day longer. Granted you guys have a
> decent working public transit (wouldn't be
> surprised if it was financed with monies from
> California, knowing california pays more taxes
> into the feds than it receives - we are tax
> donors), thats the only good thing to speak of out
> here.

------------------------------------

You have no clue. Please go back to California, now.

This area is very prosperous and has a HUGE tax base. What we do get frustrated with (aside from Californians without a clue) is the fact that the majority of our tax dollars go to Richmond, never to return.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: February 03, 2008 05:26PM

Caliman, I am born and raised SoCal and the closest you will get the decent mexican here is baja fresh. CA is extremely fucked up politically and has a higher cost of living than anywhere but the hot women per capita waaaay out number anything around here. Factor in the women and the 12 months of sunshine and Cali is worth it. I'll prolly be moving back before too long if only jobs weren't so good out here...

Posted by: Bean Machine ()
Date: February 03, 2008 05:44PM

goto El Churrito off Washington blvd in Arlington

Posted by: ... ()
Date: February 03, 2008 08:26PM

Dude, Have you tried Taco Bell?

Yummy.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 03, 2008 08:34PM

Some of you may have heard of a magician, juggler, and comedian named Johnny Carson. He used to have a show on NBC. Johnny lived in Malibu. He once asked - "Mudslides, wildfires, earthquakes- how can you live there?"

Mr. Carson was quick to reply "You should see it the other 364 days of the year".

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: February 04, 2008 12:00PM

BAJA FRESH surely you jest or have your reefer influenced cognitive skills taken over? BF SUCKS OUT LOUD.

CALIMAN-STFU As say what so eliquently put it...if it so good out there why are you here go back to the land of "FRUITS and NUTZ" ASAP AZZWHIPE

Posted by: :burpgun: ()
Date: February 04, 2008 02:54PM

Lauriol Plaza on 18th St. in Adams Morgan rocks the Mexican food.

And Cally will be the first to have open racial warfare in the streets - no wait, they already had that, a few times...

Posted by: real answer ()
Date: February 04, 2008 07:41PM

go to el paso cafe in arlington by far the best tex mex ever and really great service!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.