HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Too good to be true???
Posted by: Native ()
Date: January 31, 2008 04:49AM

I went to court with a buddy of mine the other day for a speeding ticket and one thing I did not know about him is that he has 41 points (YES fourty one) on his license and he still has a regular non restricted VIRGINIA license. I believe he accumulater all these points over a 24 month period with only a 3 month license suspension by the dmv in between . With his luck the officer did not show up and his case along with many others got dismissed. I am just wondering how can you have so many points and still have a license??? Isn't there a cut off line when a dmv tells you to go fuck yourself and take your license for a WHILE??? Also, somehow he has auto insurance at $31 a month (liability only w/ USAA) something just doesn't add up in my head about all this. Although please know that he does not have any accidents , reckless , dui ect ect ect on his record, no major violation, just speeding ( and a lot of them) and some non moving violations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too good to be true???
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: January 31, 2008 06:30AM

Theoretically he could have done this if he got the correct number of tickets before his first license suspension. It would be an amazing feat of stupidity, but it is possible due to the fact that DMV lets you back on the road in 90 days if you get suspended for points, but the points stay on your record for two years. The right combination of tickets and the dates he was convicted could theoretically be limitless, given the possibility of continuances and such.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: January 31, 2008 07:28PM

I think he's pulling your leg...about the insurance anyway. USAA only insures military officers and high ranking enlisted. Is he a military dependent?

From what I know of USAA, they're a very conservative outfit and I don't believe they would insure someone with 41 points for any price, let alone for $372 a year!

Posted by: native ()
Date: February 01, 2008 05:18AM

once again DUH.......wrong!. I opened my account with USAA when I first joined the service after my ait with the private rank. Go to www.usaa.com and read their list. Even while my record is no where near 41 point I have gotten a much cheaper rate with them then anyone elso

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: February 01, 2008 08:58AM

I've been with USAA all my life, I'm not military or government. They will open insure as long as someone that was government or military invites you to be a member. Once you are a member, you can invite others to join as well. Kind of like most government or military credit unions.

Date: February 01, 2008 04:33PM

not true, you have to be military or military civilian. You can also enroll if you are a military dependant or if anyone in your family is military/military civilian and invite you . I have checking,savings, credit card, auto and renters insurance with them and I would NOT be able to just invite any of my friends. If I got married I could get my wife to enroll but not my friends.

Posted by: Billy ()
Date: February 01, 2008 05:20PM

duh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's pulling your leg...about the
> insurance anyway. USAA only insures military
> officers and high ranking enlisted. Is he a
> military dependent?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, USAA does insure Federal Investigators and that would include spouses, children etc. Even if the insured, kicks the bucket, the spouse, kids continues with insurance.

Date: February 01, 2008 07:08PM

native Wrote:
> once again DUH.......wrong!. I opened my account
> with USAA when I first joined the service after my
> ait with the private rank. Go to www.usaa.com and
> read their list. Even while my record is no where
> near 41 point I have gotten a much cheaper rate
> with them then anyone elso

You're right, my bad.

Key Dates:
1922: USAA is established in San Antonio to provide auto insurance for Army officers.
1941: Membership in the association exceeds 22,000.
1948: A New York office is opened.
1956: A new headquarters is completed in San Antonio.
1973: Membership opens to National Guard and Reserves.
1983: USAA Federal Savings Bank and USAA Brokerage Services are established.
1997: Membership extended to enlisted personnel.
1999: A Web site is launched.

They have only insured enlisted for the last 10 years...which seems like one year when you're my age. But it was officers only for 75 years! LOL

I still don't believe that USAA insures a moron with 41 points for 30 bucks a month. USAA has tough underwriting standards because their mission is to provide their target market with the lowest cost insurance possible. The only way to do that is to control costs (claims). And a guy that drives that bad will cost them PLENTY one day...it's just a matter of time.

Date: February 01, 2008 07:22PM

Well said DUH. I dunno maybe he didnt declare all of his tickets or something

Posted by: Billy ()
Date: February 01, 2008 09:42PM

Truthbetold, USAA has been insuring the Feds for at least 20 years...but, someone with 41 points,I say boot him out. LOL

Posted by: BirdLover ()
Date: February 01, 2008 11:21PM

sorry, wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 11:28PM by BirdLover.

Posted by: tickets ()
Date: February 01, 2008 11:33PM

How many points does a reckless driving charge give you?

Date: February 01, 2008 11:51PM

tickets Wrote:
> How many points does a reckless driving charge
> give you?

Six

Date: February 02, 2008 04:18AM

six points, an ass beating, $50000 in fines, 5 years in maximum security prison and when you get out an army active duty contract for 19 years in infantry unit at lwood. Speed away. I got a few speeding tickets a while back ago and I am FUCKED!!!

Posted by: NATIVE and JAKES CAN'T SLEEP ()
Date: February 02, 2008 05:57AM

Good morning, native.

Why can't you sleep, native? Jakes been having the same problem. Why don't you bunk with him.

Date: February 02, 2008 09:13AM

oh fuck bunking, I will spoon with him. I dont know why I cant sleep I put my self on the routine where I sleep during the day, then work then go to the gym and repeat. Besides I just broke up with this bitch so I had to listen to her whine at me first half of the night and then blow up my phone and aparently all of my shit that I have ever left at her apartment is in the dumster so excuse me while I go dive in and retrieve my shit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.