HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Daycare Costs
Posted by: Spendy ()
Date: November 01, 2011 08:40PM

How much do you pay, where do your kids go and what are the ages?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daycare Costs
Posted by: pedo alert ()
Date: November 01, 2011 08:43PM

GTFO!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 01, 2011 09:02PM

Why would a pedophile care about any on this? I'm just a Mom trying to budget.

Date: November 01, 2011 09:04PM

My kid is in fairfax county SACC, it's like 350/mo. When he was last in daycare at age 5 it was 235/week. Definitely don't miss those days... And that's the standard for daycares in the area. A private sitter I'd think is less but I really don't know bc I never did that.

Posted by: Daddy's Girl ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:09PM

From 2 to 4 my daughter was in a Montessori daycare then preschool. Figured a school environment where she could learn would be best. Was about $1K/mo averaged over the year and summer camp. Now she's 5 y.o., in K and it's about $21K+/yr at a different school.

Posted by: PEDO ALERT ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:16PM

Spendy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How much do you pay, where do your kids go and
> what are the ages?

Date: November 01, 2011 09:02PM

Why would a pedophile care about any on this? I'm just a Mom trying to budget.

ur a fucking pedo. searching for where the bait is and trying to see if they're in your range.

anywho who actually posts their real info for their children is a dumbass and your kids are going to get molested\kidnapped or killed. dont respond to this thread with a serious answer. if you really wanted to find a daycare you would use GOOGLE! fucking pedo.

Posted by: MisterSpookey ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:17PM

Any school that costs less than $300 a week is staffed by felons and kid-touchers. And by that I mean a certain ethnic-types that would just as soon rob and stab your kid for their He-Man/She-Ra lunchboxes.

Pricing is for full-day care of course.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It seems to me, at the end of the day, with all that being said, that's not necessary.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Posted by: Do you have kids? ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:19PM

PEDO ALERT Wrote:
> Spendy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How much do you pay, where do your kids go and
> > what are the ages?
>
>
> Posted by: Spendy ()
> Date: November 01, 2011 09:02PM
>
> Why would a pedophile care about any on this? I'm
> just a Mom trying to budget.
>
> ur a fucking pedo. searching for where the bait is
> and trying to see if they're in your range.
>
> anywho who actually posts their real info for
> their children is a dumbass and your kids are
> going to get molested\kidnapped or killed. dont
> respond to this thread with a serious answer. if
> you really wanted to find a daycare you would use
> GOOGLE! fucking pedo.

Posted by: MisterSpookey ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:22PM

PEDO ALERT Wrote:
> Spendy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How much do you pay, where do your kids go and
> > what are the ages?
>
>
> Posted by: Spendy ()
> Date: November 01, 2011 09:02PM
>
> Why would a pedophile care about any on this? I'm
> just a Mom trying to budget.
>
> ur a fucking pedo. searching for where the bait is
> and trying to see if they're in your range.
>
> anywho who actually posts their real info for
> their children is a dumbass and your kids are
> going to get molested\kidnapped or killed. dont
> respond to this thread with a serious answer. if
> you really wanted to find a daycare you would use
> GOOGLE! fucking pedo.

look, one place i know is MWF, 3 hours, 160 a month
OR T/TH, 3 hours, $140/month
OR All day $240~ a week, but this place is full of soon-to-be-thug life G's. So if ur kid ain't be knowing jiu-jitsu or muay thai, u need dolluh-dolluh billz yo to find some place else.

It seems to me, at the end of the day, with all that being said, that's not necessary.

Posted by: Has 2 Kids ()
Date: November 02, 2011 08:31AM

In-home daycare is sketchy but cheaper. We went through infant toddler which felt a little safer. They have regular inspections (once a month instead of once a year by the county) and trainings for their providers. They also give them background checks. We really like who we ended up with and are now sending our second child to her. Rates are around $1100/mo depending on age.

http://www.infanttoddler.com/

Posted by: household61974 ()
Date: November 02, 2011 10:50AM

I did a LOT of research prior to us moving here a year ago (from NC). Our son started K (public school) this year, but lasts year attended a preschool in Centreville. Full time (8am to 4pm) was $1200 per month. Daycare/preschool costs in the area are REDICULIOUS! And that's IF you can find full-time care. Area seems to have a LOT of co-ops if you need to save some money, but I never found any that were full-time. You can pretty much bank on between $1100 and $1300 (so take the average of $1200) per month if you're trying to set a budget. Expect more if you're looking for info on an infant/baby.

One thing I will say is that in most areas you're more likely to find good care for a child, rather than bad. It's just finding a school that has a slot available!

Posted by: Back in the Day ()
Date: November 02, 2011 11:10AM

My child is now an adult, but back in the day we sent him to University View (I believe that's what it's called) right next to the Salvation Army in Fairfax on 123 near University Mall. The price was competitive, and he loved it there. The place has been around for years, and they have very good teacher retention (back then, I believe they required that teachers have a degree; some teachers had been there for 20 years). You might want to pay them a visit. Only drawback - parking can be tough, and its not an easy place to get out of if you're going South on 123.

Date: November 02, 2011 12:37PM

If you are doing full-time daycare, expect to pay between $800 to $1K a month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Jokes on them!! ()
Date: November 02, 2011 02:25PM

at least 1k with brining food, 1500+ if not. Anything lower and its shit

Posted by: arlington co transplant ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:03PM

We had my 2 y.o. in a Bright Horizons Facility (for fed employees) in Arlington for $1700/month, full-time daycare. Price drops as age goes up, but seriously - that is expensive. We looked into nanny shares and other options, but decided we wanted to go with a care situation where there would be more than one worker around our child.
Now that I'm a stay-at-home, we have her in a preschool in Annandale for something like $275/month, 3 day/week for 4 hours each time.
A lot of your question depends on what you are looking for and what age your child(ren) are.

Posted by: lucky pierre ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:11PM

Maybe you qualify for government assistance. Call Sharon Bulova, she seems extra generous these days

Posted by: caw!!!! ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:21PM

Stop popping out babies and trying to take our tax power money!!!! its called birth control or condom you dumbazz

Posted by: beendownthatroad ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:31PM

The best childcare places are going to be NAEYC acredited - and they will also be the most expensive. The laws for Virginia & day care workers are pretty lax, and rules you have to follow in order to pass the NAEYC testing for your center are much MUCH stricter. You get what you pay for. It is ~very~ difficult to get a daycare center NAEYC approved so if you find one know that they are constantly being checked and have much higher standards that the state of VA requires.

(look up NAEYC - National Association for the Education of Young Children - www.naeyc.org)

You want to know - what is the ratio if adult to child in each classroom - for infants it should be something like 3 kids to every 1 adult, but I think VA allows daycare centers to get away with a 6:1 ratio, and as the kids get older you can have more for the same amount of teachers.

Ask about turnover, how long have the staff been there, who has been there the longest, who is the newest employee, how long do people stay - anyplace that rotates staff isn't good for your kid plus a red flag that something is wrong with management. Also - what is the education of the staff - how many of them are CPR certified, anyone with Master's Degrees in Childhood Education, are staff encouraged to continue schooling? What about the manager - how long been employed, where previously, who do you go to if you have questions or concerns?

Check out the facilities - toys being washed? age appropriate? How clean is the place? Lids on trashcans? Staff using gloves? Things bright and cheerful for the kids, lots of light, posters, signs, things labeled to assist with learning to read - things like that. What about the furniture - broken or needs repair? How often do the kids get outside - is there a playground? How do they get there? Buggies?

Daycare can be crazy expensive but you need to find a place that you feel comfortable leaving your kid everyday where you won't be worried - and that's priceless.

Posted by: Expert ()
Date: November 02, 2011 05:41PM

If you can find the right Home Daycare, then I suggest you go for it. Especially if the kid is young. I emphasize the RIGHT HOME DAYCARE! It is hard to find. When a kid is below 2, the last thing you want to do is send him/her to one of those Child Care factories. They need tender love and care, which they WILL not get in a Center or "Academy." Once the kid turns 3, it is important they are in a place that has a solid pre K currriculum. IF you are one of the lucky ones who has found a HOME day care that has all of these things, then you are blessed. If you cant find a home day care that has all of this, then you should fork over the cash to one of those overpriced centers. Youll have no choice.

Posted by: Lou ()
Date: November 02, 2011 06:28PM

Spendy Wrote:
> How much do you pay, where do your kids go and
> what are the ages?

81 and 84. 3.5k and 7k.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.