HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DC Medical Marijuana: Usage in VA?
Posted by: Interested.. ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:50PM

What's the deal with this? I know they passed the law in June or July of 2010, but is there any updated info? Only article I could find was:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/official-medical-marijuana-in-dc-by-may-2012/2011/07/24/gIQA2aGThI_story.html

which makes it seem like medical marijuana dispensaries are opening up in May of 2012.

Is it going to be possible for people in VA and MD (maybe just certain counties in VA/MD close to DC) to get a prescription for DC dispensaries? I know they're limiting it to only HIV/Cancer/Glaucoma/etc. but I wonder if they'll ever get as lax as California where you can get it for insomnia or saying your back hurts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DC Medical Marijuana: Usage in VA?
Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:21PM

If you want to be a pothead, move to the West Coast or some other place that is more tolerant of that lifestyle.

Posted by: blazeworth ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:26PM

I've researched this a good bit myself, outta....curiousity....and you need to literally be a resident of dc in order to qualify for something like this, maryland or virginia residence is not enough.
so, no. ya can't roll down through fredrick md or leave gmu class early to pick up some med quality..you're free to smoke all the tree you want, but i can assure you this county isnt going to be a green triangle any time soon.

Posted by: U Mad Bro? ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:37PM

Attachments:
U Mad Gif.gif

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.