HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How would you improve I-66? The Virginia Department of Transportation wants to know
Posted by: FFX County Traffic News ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:16AM

How would you improve I-66?

The Virginia Department of Transportation is using a wide-ranging online survey to ask drivers who use I-66 for their opinions on possible changes to the highway.

Online survey seeks to improve I-66 commutes
Monday - 10/31/2011, 3:47am ET
Max Smith, wtop.com
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2613636

WASHINGTON -- The Virginia Department of Transportation wants to know what would make your commute better.

The agency is using a wide-ranging online survey to ask drivers who use Interstate 66 for their opinions on possible changes to the highway.

The survey focuses on rush-hour commuters, asking questions about how often drivers use the road, what time they leave the house and what other roads and modes of transportation they use as part of their commutes. It also asks about possible changes to High Occupancy Vehicle lanes and about adding tolls or High Occupancy Toll lanes like those being built on the Capital Beltway.

It asks about proposals to require three people in vehicles using the HOV lanes, building new lanes, adding what amounts to express buses and making it easier to carpool or slug.

There also are questions aimed at working out which is most important to you -- commuting time, commuting cost or commuting convenience.

You can take the VDOT online survey here...
http://www.logicdepot.com/surveys/run/start.cfm?skey=5FFJZ-P3YST

I-66 is one of the region's busiest highways. (Courtesy of Trafficland)
Attachments:
164847.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How would you improve I-66? The Virginia Department of Transportation wants to know
Date: October 31, 2011 11:18AM

Level Arlington and make I-66 20 lanes with no HOV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Re: How would you improve I-66? The Virginia Department of Transportation wants to know
Posted by: FFX County Traffic News ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:20AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Level Arlington and make I-66 20 lanes with no
> HOV.

HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA!

Posted by: fi ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:23AM

Send all those Loudoun and Price William County maggots back where they came from.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:29AM

Arlington can go suck a bag of dicks
They refuse to widen I 66
Their lack of empathy shows
Blocking lanes with orange cones
And doing road work in rush hour for kicks

You're all welcome for the dose of culture you've just received.

Date: October 31, 2011 11:33AM

Here's the bug that's crawled up Arlington's ass.

huge-bug-02.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:38AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arlington can go suck a bag of dicks

If there's no traffic, Arlington's property values go down. So surely you can understand why they'd prefer the highways be as narrow as possible.

Arlington loves congestion.

Posted by: Block Arlington ()
Date: November 02, 2011 03:07AM

If Arlington doesn't want 66 widened, then VDOT should just close every entrance ramp onto 66 from Arlington.

While Ballston may be attractive to companies due to the metro access, make it virtually impossible to access North Arlington by car and suddenly it's not such a great place to work and live.

Posted by: Jack Herrity ()
Date: November 02, 2011 03:39AM

Stop the Silver Line, which is more of an economic development project than a traffic enhancement project , probably will make things worse, at the Dulles Access Road and build the Orange Line out to Gainsville

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.