HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
school bus drivers
Posted by: just curious ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:30AM

get a raise , (2%)....now cutting hours dramatically and trying to get rid of 35 hr guarantee?? anyone else experiencing this?
Just curious......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: school bus drivers
Posted by: ASK THE OM ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:18AM

Ask your supervisors, rangers and operations managers.

Posted by: driver ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:04PM

I believe the raise was 1% plus a step. I got 19 cents an hour, or about 7 bucks a week before taxes.

The step increase should be a little more but you don't get it until your anniversary date, which for me is next May.

I voluntarily gave up the 35 hour guarantee because there was some shit required that I wasn't willing to do.

Yeah, they like to cut hours but all you have to do is listen to the radio to get extra hours. Or tell all the drivers you know that you will do their garage trips for them. Lots of drivers hate taking their buses in for service, especially Newington or Alban since they almost never have spare buses.

About asking supervisors, that's a joke. Most of them don't take phone calls and if they do it's like talking to the wall. Besides, they're quitting right and left where I'm at.

Posted by: driver too ()
Date: November 01, 2011 04:59AM

almost fell out of my chair ask your supervisors,etc...major joke...like talking to a plane white wall,

I fought for hours asking other drivers etc...got up to 38,supervisor wants me to drive the highways and take 15 to 20 min off my start time,
mean while my attendant shows up late everyday and puts down my time as hers(midday)and for the morning run comes 10 min late because the bus is to cold.I can't turn her in or I'm the bad guy......oh well!!!!

Posted by: no whining ()
Date: November 03, 2011 05:16PM

You should quit. Try going outside FCPS and see what u can get with benefits. IT IS A JOB PEOPLE, IT IS NOT A CAREER. DAMN WHINERS.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.