HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
University Mall Access Blocked by Police (10/29 @ 6pm)
Posted by: Putterman ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:26PM

Any thoughts as to why the police are blocking the access points for University Mall? I was able to walk from the Sunoco to Cardinal Bank to use the ATM, but the officer told me that vehicles were not being allowed in at this time. Looks to be 10-15 patrol cars from GMU, FCPD and VSP, but since they are letting people move around it does not seem to be in support of an investigation.

For what it's worth, the Dunkin Dounts looked to be in good shape.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: University Mall Access Blocked by Police (10/29 @ 6pm)
Posted by: Ryan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:52PM

I saw it as well around 6:45. Seems odd that they'd let you walk around but not let cars in. I've got no idea what it could be, though.

Posted by: Ryan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:57PM

On wjla.com, it says there were a string of bank robberies in the area today. I can only imagine it's in connection with that.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:59PM

Another thread has a guy claiming a truck had a car attached to its side on 123 and was trying to tow it that way but I am guessing that is total BS.

Posted by: hhmmm ()
Date: October 29, 2011 07:17PM

So instead of asking the officer what was going on at the time, you come on here and ask ?

Posted by: wastheretoo ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:06PM

I'm not sure what was going on, but I was at the theater watching a movie and the theater manager told us there was a "situation with a guy outside" and that we were not "allowed" to leave the theater. When we finally got the go ahead to leave, there were about 25 cops in the parking lot standing in a huddle. Since I was with my 12 year old son, I wanted to get out of there.

Posted by: Putterman ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:26PM

Have you ever really tried that and gotten an answer other than "it is a police operation" or something similar? Unless you are talking to the PIO or the problem is something totally benign a cop in a scout car is going to tell you dick.

It did not seem too serious since the cops were only controlling vehicle access to the parking lot. Otherwise, I would have expected FFX1 to be in the area.

Any chance that it was security for a Federal or foreign protectee eating at the Japanese place?

Posted by: made my day ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:28PM

wastheretoo Wrote:
there were about 25 cops in the parking lot
> standing in a huddle. Since I was with my 12 year
> old son, I wanted to get out of there.

Congrats on being the only sane parent left in NoVa. Most parents would have drug their kid over there and with cell phone camera running began bugging the cops demanding to know what was going on.

Posted by: I was there ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:30PM

Attachments:
officer_barbrady_move_along_sm.jpg

Posted by: Lawman ()
Date: October 30, 2011 01:43AM

A patron of Fat Tuesday's wife had called in to the Police that her husband was out drinking and that he's a bad alcoholic and such. Didn't catch the details on that, but they were looking for the man and had his car blocked in the parking lot and blocked all entrances and exits anyways. Man was found and arrested.

Everybody showed up to this party; at least 4 GMU cars, 2 State cars and another 3 or 4 County cars.

Posted by: barney for sheriff ()
Date: October 30, 2011 03:56AM

Wouldn't it be great way to set up a break in near by by staging some stupid shit like this.

saw a an accident at route 29 and gallows a few weeks back must have been 7 county cops who responded and noticed a number of other county cop cars cruising by to rubberneck

don't they have assigned areas to patrol or they can go off and check out other stuff even if they ain't really needed

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:48AM

If that is true that is awesome, block off an entire area of public commerce because someone was reported drunk in the area. Within 200 yards of a college dormitory.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:57PM

Perhaps it was this....

FAIRFAX COUNTY CRIME SOLVERS
News Release

Release Date: November 4, 2011
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
Office – 703-246-2253
www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org

Tip Leads to Large Seizure of Synthetic Marijuana and Arrest
West Springfield Police District - Police have arrested a 59-year-old woman for the illegal possession and sale of synthetic marijuana, also known as K-2. Detectives received an anonymous tip through Crime Solvers in early October. The tip alleged that Un Y. Lahr was selling the illegal substance, K-2, to George Mason University students at Lee’s Market, located at 10685 Braddock Road in University Mall.

Detectives conducted a detailed investigation and determined Lahr would only sell the synthetic substance to teenagers and students who presented college identification. George Mason University Police assisted Fairfax County Police detectives in the investigation. Several purchases of synthetic marijuana were made by an undercover officer.

Detectives served a search warrant at Lee’s Market on Thursday, November 3. Pursuant to the search warrant, they seized a large quantity of synthetic marijuana, currency and drug paraphernalia. Further investigation led them to two residences owned by Lahr. Consent searches at both homes resulted in the seizure of additional synthetic marijuana, currency and drug paraphernalia. The synthetic marijuana has a street value of approximately $20,000. Numerous additional substances were seized that are awaiting lab analysis.

Un Y. Lahr, of 9519 Vandola Court in Burke, was transported to the Adult Detention Center and charged with possession with the intent to distribute synthetic marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a common nuisance and two counts of distribution of synthetic marijuana.

In March of this year, Governor Bob McDonnell signed into law a new statute (18.2-248.1:1) that made the manufacturing, possession and distribution of products containing synthetic cannabinoids illegal. There are nine different chemicals in this statute that are now illegal. These synthetic cannabinoids create effects similar to THC, found in marijuana. They are sold illegally under a variety of different names, such as K-2.

Posted by: Near Georege Mason ()
Date: November 04, 2011 03:15PM

Totally believe that, We always wondered about the place as we would see large groups of teans go in together. Thought that they were planning to rob the place. Now we know.

Posted by: Student ()
Date: November 04, 2011 05:46PM

Yeah I def got the feeling that something else was going on at that little convenience store besides selling cigarettes or soda.

Posted by: wrong ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:14PM

thats not what that was about. this happened last night.

Tip Leads to Large Seizure of Synthetic Marijuana and Arrest

West Springfield Police District - Police have arrested a 59-year-old woman for the illegal possession and sale of synthetic marijuana, also known as K-2. Detectives received an anonymous tip through Crime Solvers in early October. The tip alleged that Un Y. Lahr was selling the illegal substance, K-2, to George Mason University students at Lee’s Market, located at 10685 Braddock Road in University Mall.

Detectives conducted a detailed investigation and determined Lahr would only sell the synthetic substance to teenagers and students who presented college identification. George Mason University Police assisted Fairfax County Police detectives in the investigation. Several purchases of synthetic marijuana were made by an undercover officer.

Detectives served a search warrant at Lee’s Market on Thursday, November 3. Pursuant to the search warrant, they seized a large quantity of synthetic marijuana, currency and drug paraphernalia. Further investigation led them to two residences owned by Lahr. Consent searches at both homes resulted in the seizure of additional synthetic marijuana, currency and drug paraphernalia. The synthetic marijuana has a street value of approximately $20,000. Numerous additional substances were seized that are awaiting lab analysis.

Un Y. Lahr, of 9519 Vandola Court in Burke, was transported to the Adult Detention Center and charged with possession with the intent to distribute synthetic marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a common nuisance and two counts of distribution of synthetic marijuana.

In March of this year, Governor Bob McDonnell signed into law a new statute (18.2-248.1:1) that made the manufacturing, possession and distribution of products containing synthetic cannabinoids illegal. There are nine different chemicals in this statute that are now illegal. These synthetic cannabinoids create effects similar to THC, found in marijuana. They are sold illegally under a variety of different names, such as K-2.

Posted by: 7ne77 ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:14PM

110411lahrunk2arrest.jpg

Posted by: drugs drugs drugs ()
Date: November 04, 2011 06:15PM

"LAHR ","UN ","Y","052"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","10/12/2004","DRUG PARAPHERNALIA SALE OF "
"LAHR ","UN ","Y","052"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","10/12/2004","P/ID PARAPHERNALIA "
"LAHR ","UN ","Y","054"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","07/27/2006","S/M METHAMPHETHAMINE (SPEED) "
"LAHR ","UN ","Y","055"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","07/27/2006","S/M METHAMPHETHAMINE (SPEED) "
"LAHR ","UN ","Y","057"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","07/10/2009","NO/STATE INSPECTION "
"LAHR ","UN YON "," ","053"," 9519","VANDOLA ","CT","BURKE ","VA","10/12/2004","SALE POSS PARAPHERNALIA

110411k2arrest2.jpg

Posted by: atrous ()
Date: November 10, 2011 08:03PM

What does S/M stand for on the two Methamphetamine charges? Sale/Manufacture?

Posted by: mr.s ()
Date: December 12, 2011 07:27PM

I bet the S/M METHAMPHETHAMINE charge comes from selling "bath salts" or other fake/synthetic speed substances.

Posted by: Tired of it ()
Date: December 12, 2011 09:23PM

After the bust now places won't sell K2 or anything of that type. This is absurd. Police need to worry about serious crime, not some people just trying to catch a buzz.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.