HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Falls Church Football Will not Win with Aziz
Posted by: ILOVEFALLSCHURCH ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:33PM

Falls Church has never been a powerhouse, but under former Coach Anthony Parker they maximized their potential. I and many other fans are convinced that they will never win under Aziz. I know the excuse,"They have no athletes" What about JEB Stuart? A school that is more diverse but has a competent coach. Looking at his sideline it is obvious that he is sloppy, disorganized and unprepared. The word in the community is that he plays favorites and holds kids to a double standard. Numerous kids refuse to play for him because his ego is out of control. For Falls Church to progress, Aziz needs to go. They have talent but Aziz has no clue what to do with it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Falls Church Football Will not Win with Aziz
Posted by: break ()
Date: October 29, 2011 02:02AM

Give him some time. He is a good guy who works hard. Falls Church is a tough situation to be in athletically.

Posted by: JamesLeeCoach ()
Date: October 29, 2011 02:16AM

Coach Aziz is a good guy, and a hard worker. One of my former players told me that they have a combined 9 juniors and seniors on the Varsity & JV program with about thirty tenth graders. They start 7 tenth graders on defense, and 6 on offense with two freshman. I think anyone would struggle under those circumstances.

Posted by: The man ()
Date: October 29, 2011 07:30AM

What do you mean, FC has never been a powerhouse in football!? They won the region in 1976!

Posted by: 1990 ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:28AM

Grad FC in 1990. They, we, have never been good at football. Get used to it.

Posted by: FCHSFan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:14AM

-How is his ego out of control? Do you know him? Do you work with him?
-What double standard is he using?
-They lost the JEB stuart game b/c Dayshaun was suspended and their QB was hurt.
-The community has changed dramatically since '76.
-How is Coach Parker doing at Edison with talent & athletes? Not too good, they're calling for HIS head.
-FCHS has a couple players that are decent but hardly talent. Plus, their varsity team is practically a JV team.

I'm sorry that your kid is soo terrible that he can't even play for Aziz's Vasity errr JV team. Suck it up, its not Aziz's fault your little darling won't be playing Div 1 footieball.

Posted by: sorrry ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:53AM

yo my man no one gives a shit bout falls church high. hahaah

Posted by: Jerry Falls ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:03PM

FCHSFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -How is his ego out of control? Do you know him?
> Do you work with him?
> -What double standard is he using?
> -They lost the JEB stuart game b/c Dayshaun was
> suspended and their QB was hurt.
> -The community has changed dramatically since
> '76.
> -How is Coach Parker doing at Edison with talent &
> athletes? Not too good, they're calling for HIS
> head.
> -FCHS has a couple players that are decent but
> hardly talent. Plus, their varsity team is
> practically a JV team.
>
> I'm sorry that your kid is soo terrible that he
> can't even play for Aziz's Vasity errr JV team.
> Suck it up, its not Aziz's fault your little
> darling won't be playing Div 1 footieball.

They lost the Stuart game because Stuart is decent this year and FC is not. 5-4 for a school with eastern FFX demographics is pretty good.

Posted by: destewart01 ()
Date: October 29, 2011 02:14PM

Stuart has now had back to back .500 seasons or better. Ferri has done a great job there. Every school has its athletes, but when your school is known for losing at football, the best athletes dont even want to play. Ferri is good at getting to those kids, making them want to play football. The kids love playing for him, and theyve bought into the idea that Stuart can have a winning football team. I hope the taste of success, whether they make playoffs at 6-4 or not, is enough to drive the program forward and keeping the younger classes hungry and dedicated to the program. Stuart will never go 10-0 again, unless another Charlie Garner rolls through. But it's great to see the program return to respectability. Stuart will roll next Friday in the Bell. GO RAIDERS

Posted by: #60 GRAD '09 ()
Date: October 09, 2012 08:26PM

I WONDER HOW YOU ALL WOULD DO AS COACHES? WHY DONT YOU GET TOGETHER AND FIND ONE THATS DECENT AND STOP B**CHING. I USED TO PLAY FOR COACH PARKER AND YES WE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN THE STRONGEST TEAM BUT SOMEONE LIKE COACH PARKER MADE US A "TEAM". SO THINK ABOUT IT. GIVE AZIZ A TRY CAUSE THE SEASON JUST SEMI STARTED OR FIND SOMEONE BETTER THAT HAS EXPERIENCE AND PUT HIS ASS IN THE POSITION TO BUILD "A TEAM" AGAIN...

Posted by: SL parent ()
Date: October 09, 2012 09:07PM

I went to the South Lakes vs Falls Church scrimmage thinking if SL could manhandle anyone it would be Falls Church. I only stayed for the first half as my kid was bugging me to leave but from what I saw FC executed their offense much better than SL did and looked like they were a better coached team overall.

I know that isn't saying much since it was SL they were playing but SL does have over 2,000 students and has some good athletes. FC will probably do alright next year when they realign the districts.

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: October 09, 2012 09:40PM

I was at that scrimmage too... South Lakes isn't all that great but my son plays on the JV team for South Lakes and he started that scrimmage. Apparently, South Lakes played a lot of Sophomores in that scrimmage. But either way, South Lakes is really bad so that isn't a good reference to decide whether Falls Church is good or not!

Posted by: EdisonPride ()
Date: October 09, 2012 09:48PM

Falls Church took us into overtime. Aziz is doing just fine!

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: October 09, 2012 11:14PM

Falls Church is doing a fine job for the talent they got. You hit it on the head, at smaller schools, which are historic losers it's hard to get the few athletes out to play. Why put in 20+ hours a week to win 1 or 2 games? It sucks, but i've always looked at Aziz as a role model and his teams are organized. Can't ask for much more. It's across the board, Falls Church loses at most sports.

I think the guys coaching football at schools like Falls Church, Stuart, Marshall, etc. should be thanked. It's very difficult and talent comes in waves, kudos to Stuart for their success though.

Posted by: jOne ()
Date: October 10, 2012 12:35AM

I played for Mark Cox at FCHS; he did as best he could with a bunch of us undersized and less than talented players...Aziz is probably going through the same thing, if not with less talent. More power to him for sticking by his guys.

Posted by: El Falls churtch... ese ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:11AM

Falls Church sucks! They have sucked, and will always continue to suck!

Posted by: We will see ()
Date: October 10, 2012 06:48AM

Coach Aziz is a really good coach. He has some young assistants that are full of enthusiasm, loyal and hardworking. We will see how it goes in the next year or two when the kids he has had come up through the system.

Posted by: SunnyD ()
Date: October 10, 2012 07:22AM

It doesn't matter who you have as a coach at Falls Church. Nothing is wrong with Aziz. He cares about his team. The problem is FC has a huge student population of disadvanged kids who need to work to help support their families and don't have time to take advantage of sports, making it hard to fill a team roster.

Date: October 11, 2012 12:07PM

I graduated from FCHS in '92. We sucked in every sport. Every now and then, we could beat a Wakefield or Marshall in something, but that was it. From what I've seen over the years, not much has changed. The school is much smaller than all the schools it plays, so we're never going to have the talent pool to draw from. Way it goes...

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 11, 2012 12:22PM

Aziz.
Thats not an American name is it?
Why is he in my country?

Posted by: Changes ()
Date: October 11, 2012 12:26PM

Aziz has a good thing going at FCHS, wins and loses might not show it, but they have some young assistants with alot of enthusiasm. Aziz has brought in discipline, and has every varsity player wearing a shirt an tie on Fridays, and has the players taking accountability about their grades. He helps kids with school supplies and created fundraisers so the kids won't have to pay for team meals. The freshman football team has been pretty good the past two years, and the JV football team is undefeated. He might not ever take FCHS to the state championship or go 10-0, but he is doing a lot to make the kids feel special. In a few years, it might really show in the wins column.

Posted by: Question for BEH ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:59PM

@BEH

Please define an "American Name".

Posted by: HEHE LOVE IT ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:25PM

Everyone knows American names are ones from Europe!

Posted by: lolnotjusteurope ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:29PM

Question for BEH Wrote:
> @BEH
>
> Please define an "American Name".

Anything from the King James Bible or any name that came from pre 1950 immigration not including the railroad chinese and african slaves. Not even that I-talian stuff. Just irish and engalish please. Azeeez sounds like that sand nigger on parks and recreation. Don't want to see them on my TV and def not in my schools! YEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW

Posted by: uassclown ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:47PM

If memory serves the Irish were looked down upon for quite some time, along with the I-Talians. My first and last name aren't from the King James bible however I'm Western European. I was curious how you would define an "American Name" and it certainly proved to be equal parts entertaining and ignorant.

Posted by: BEH blows ()
Date: November 04, 2012 04:14PM

Well going 0-10 with a bunch of 9th and 10th graders, 3-7 with 10th and 11th graders, and beating your arch rival in the last game. Majority of the players returning next year! I don't think he is doing that bad. Whomever started this thread is a spineless coward.

Posted by: FCHS '76 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 04:45PM

BEH blows Wrote:
> Well going 0-10 with a bunch of 9th and 10th
> graders, 3-7 with 10th and 11th graders, and
> beating your arch rival in the last game.
> Majority of the players returning next year! I
> don't think he is doing that bad. Whomever
> started this thread is a spineless coward.

Is it still a rivalry? Do they still play for "the Bell"? I saw the score and was wondering...

Posted by: Cult of Reality ()
Date: November 04, 2012 04:53PM

FCHS '76 Wrote:
> BEH blows Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well going 0-10 with a bunch of 9th and 10th
> > graders, 3-7 with 10th and 11th graders, and
> > beating your arch rival in the last game.
> > Majority of the players returning next year! I
> > don't think he is doing that bad. Whomever
> > started this thread is a spineless coward.
>
> Is it still a rivalry? Do they still play for
> "the Bell"? I saw the score and was wondering...

Class of '76?!?!?! So, you're 53 years old and still following your high school's football team? What a loser...

Posted by: FCHS '04 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 05:07PM

Yep, Falls Church won the bell back the other night 49-20. By the looks of things, it will never go back to JEB.

Posted by: ISO ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:18PM

First of all, thank you, I've been busting my butt off the last two years with a the freshman team that averaged 25-30 ppg. Now, those same freshman that I coached, are seniors. Guess what?

FALLS CHURCH IS 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVERAGING 35 PPG. LED BY INCREDIBLE TALENT. A LOT OF SPECIAL JUNIORS TOO THAT WILL CONTINUE HAVING FALLS CHURCH RISING.

WHEN THEY WERE FRESHMAN, I CALLED IT, THAT THEY WERE THE ONES THAT WILL BE THE BEGINNNING OF THE EVOLUTION. 4 OF THE PLAYERS ARE ON ALLMETSPORTS EVERY WEEK.

AZIZ is a sensational coach! so whom ever started this, you have no idea how coaching is.

Posted by: Fool ()
Date: October 31, 2013 11:03AM

Whatever loser started this thread, needs to by every kid at Falls Church chipotle! Than stand outside the school with a sign saying " I am a fucking retard, and my life sucks."

Posted by: Dean Southee ()
Date: November 01, 2013 09:39PM

Ex Jag football player, class of 80. Falls Church was very good in lots of sports back,then . . . . . including football. Today, the Jags are looking good again . . . . .GO JAGS!

Posted by: Unique ()
Date: November 15, 2013 10:28PM

I used to go to falls church. I was one of those 10th graders on the varsity team that went 0-10. All i got to say is Coach aziz and The Jaguars Proved All of y'all wrong. Not only did they win with aziz they are advancing in the playoffs Today. #TURNUP #JaguarNation

Posted by: Thread bitch ()
Date: November 16, 2013 12:58PM

Come on bitch! We are waiting for the person who
Started this thread to buy every single
Fchs student chipotle!!!

Posted by: Step UP! ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:03PM

Can the person who started this thread please come forward?

Posted by: Hold on a minute.... ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:20PM

Before you get all loco, Falls Church beat Albermarle by ONE POINT!

That is the same Albermarle team that lost to 1-8 Orange just the week before.

The same Orange team that has now won FOUR games in two years, and FC was at home.

I'll give you Falls Church plus 35 this week, when they finally face a real team.

Good bye, FC - season over and out.

Posted by: Murof Tsil ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:24PM

SL parent Wrote:
> I went to the South Lakes vs Falls Church
> scrimmage thinking if SL could manhandle anyone it
> would be Falls Church. I only stayed for the
> first half as my kid was bugging me to leave but
> from what I saw FC executed their offense much
> better than SL did and looked like they were a
> better coached team overall.
>
> I know that isn't saying much since it was SL they
> were playing but SL does have over 2,000 students
> and has some good athletes. FC will probably do
> alright next year when they realign the districts.

Your prediction came true and so much more. Falls Church only lost to the larger National District 6A North schools (by very close scores) and easily captured the Capitol Conference 13 title. Falls Church looks to be a force within the Capitol Conference for the next few years at least if not longer. I expect some good things from Wakefield also. Hopefully with the next VHSL realignment the Capitol Conference will become the Capitol District to put an end to awarding both district and conference champions.

Posted by: jeffs123 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:47PM

they said the same shit back 1976

Posted by: Let's evaluate... ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:02AM

Massaponax let a 2-8 team put up 41 points against them. FC's defenses strong suit? Stopping the run. 'Ponax's offense? Running the ball. FC's offense'a strong suit? Passing the ball and passing the ball well. 'Ponax's defensive flaw? Stopping the pass. FC has lost by a total of 14 points this season, to teams like Yorktown and Washington-Lee, who are top teams in 6A! This is a major upset alert. This will be a high scoring game, but don't be suprises if FC comes out on top.

Posted by: 02jag ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:01PM

Can someone put a pic of Aziz? I think i went to high school with this guy.

Posted by: Adam Daly ()
Date: March 10, 2014 08:53AM

I feel like this is a good place to congratulate Coach Aziz for being named the 2013 5A Northern Virginia Football Coach of the Year. Also, shoutout to the person who created this thread; it is people like you that Coach Aziz and his players have striven to prove wrong for the past 3 years. Couldn't be more proud to be a jaguar, I love this school and this football program and truly could not have asked for a more dedicated and passionate football coach.

P.S. "...but under former Coach Anthony Parker they maximized their potential."
Best Falls Church record under Coach Parker: 5-5
Best Falls Church record under Coach Aziz: 7-3
2013 score of Coach Parker's Edison Eagles vs Coach Aziz's Falls Church Jaguars: Falls Church: 49 Edison: 26
GO JAGS!

Posted by: 2ILOVEFALLSCHURCH ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:05AM

The Jags are 6-2 this year. The person who started this thread needs to identify themselves so everyone at Falls Church can pelt you with balls of shit.

Posted by: Admirer ()
Date: October 31, 2014 09:06AM

Aziz has done an awesome job and should be congratulated!

Posted by: Frozendairybar ()
Date: October 31, 2014 04:27PM

Good luck tonight!

Posted by: Ap-sizzle ()
Date: November 17, 2014 07:46AM

He lost a playoff game at home 0-41, how is this a great job?

Posted by: Big Boss ()
Date: November 25, 2014 03:00PM

But for the past two seasons the Fc Jags has had a successful program. Last year they were 8-4 and this year the ended the season at 7-4

Posted by: Fag Jag ()
Date: November 25, 2014 03:09PM

Best thing about FC is their walking taco bag

Posted by: Qasay ()
Date: November 25, 2014 03:21PM

ILOVEFALLSCHURCH Wrote:
> Falls Church has never been a powerhouse, but
> under former Coach Anthony Parker they maximized
> their potential. I and many other fans are
> convinced that they will never win under Aziz. I
> know the excuse,"They have no athletes" What
> about JEB Stuart? A school that is more diverse
> but has a competent coach. Looking at his
> sideline it is obvious that he is sloppy,
> disorganized and unprepared. The word in the
> community is that he plays favorites and holds
> kids to a double standard. Numerous kids refuse
> to play for him because his ego is out of control.
> For Falls Church to progress, Aziz needs to go.
> They have talent but Aziz has no clue what to do
> with it.

Are you talking about Tariq Aziz?

b0c015_tarek-aziz-300x350.jpg

He's still alive?

Posted by: Ben Anderson ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:54AM

Coach Aziz is a way better coach than Coach Parker! Coach Parker ran FC’s program right into the ground, no discipline, no weight room! Coach Aziz got us an 8-4 in 2013 and a 7-4 in 2014 and 2016! 2013 we had our first playoff berth, home game and win in about 40 years, the Mosaic Miracle and our first winning record since 2005! In 2014 we beat Yorktown for the first time since 2005 and had a playoff season the second year in a row! In 2016 we won the conference undefeated! 3-0 start in 2013 and 4-0 in 2014, pretty impressive! The Classes of 2014 and 2015 got the school spirit at its height with the Jungle getting attention from even the news media! Coach Aziz Won Coach of the Year in NOVA in 2013 which is respectable and he builds up players of the year in conference and region, as well as all-State and all-Met players! I thank Coach Parker though for running Edison into the ground, thanks to him we’ve never lost to them again! The only reason the team was horrible when Coach Aziz first got to FC is because he was operating off of Coach Parker’s legacy and a bad offensive coordinator, it takes a few years to build up a good program!

Date: September 12, 2018 03:07AM

Since 2012 Coach Aziz has won us about 70% of our games and he works hard and does a lot to turn about 90% of freshmen who have never played before into a winning team and he’s a great sport! Based on the demographics and the rest of our conference we do a great job! And by the way Stuart’s team is crap!

Posted by: Coacleats #2 ()
Date: September 12, 2018 12:40PM

I have heard him speak several guys.

He should have gotten the Woodson Job.

Posted by: regionguy ()
Date: September 12, 2018 01:39PM

He has done a good job at Falls Church. I think he is ready to move up a notch to a bigger program.

I am not sure what opportunities will open up after this season, its to early to tell.

Any ideas?

Date: September 12, 2018 03:42PM

I honestly think FC needs Coach Aziz!

Posted by: FBwatcher ()
Date: September 13, 2018 10:43PM

He has been offered a few jobs, but turned them down. Would probably take something like Robonson, SoCo, or Hayfield.

He may not have a chance after this year. What the heck is going on over there this year? They dropped to 0-4 tonight.

Date: October 21, 2018 12:59PM

Now they’re 5-4 and if they get the Bell back they will also get yet another District title! FC cannot win without Coach Aziz! Tell me how many District titles did Coach Parker get!

Posted by: HS Sports ()
Date: October 21, 2018 03:56PM

80% of coaching on the high school level comes down to the players. A bad coach can discourage people from coming out for the team, but a good coach can't take a bunch of kids lacking in talent and turn them into a good team over one season.

Date: October 28, 2018 02:24PM

The first part maybe true but Coach Aziz is not a bad coach and sure a coach can do that, I’ve seen it be done before! Know what you’re talking about before saying something!

Posted by: FFXU online internet troll ()
Date: October 28, 2018 02:29PM

So what is it, do they win with or without this towelhead? Y did anybody revive a 7 YO thread, anyhow?

What a bunch of fucking morons.

Posted by: Champs ()
Date: November 04, 2018 09:55AM

Some starting 0-4, coach Aziz and the Falls Church Jaguars are district champs again! Do not disrespect his Towel :)

Date: November 22, 2018 11:25PM

7 wins in a row after a 0-4 start! They get the Bell back, win the District title and the first playoff game!

Date: November 22, 2018 11:28PM

That’s another District title under Coach Aziz’s belt and tell me how many did Coach Parker win! This is the biggest turnaround and win streak I’ve seen for FC!

Posted by: Warrior’s Way ()
Date: November 29, 2018 03:44PM

Ben Anderson Wrote:
> That’s another District title under Coach
> Aziz’s belt and tell me how many did Coach
> Parker win! This is the biggest turnaround and win
> streak I’ve seen for FC!

Name two quality opponents they beat.

Posted by: HS Coaching Overrated ()
Date: November 30, 2018 06:41AM

HS Sports Wrote:
> 80% of coaching on the high school level comes
> down to the players. A bad coach can discourage
> people from coming out for the team, but a good
> coach can't take a bunch of kids lacking in talent
> and turn them into a good team over one season.

This.

Posted by: Regionwatcher ()
Date: December 02, 2018 09:14PM

I heard he is finally leaving, where is he going?

Date: February 05, 2019 01:42AM

Potomac Falls and Albemarle

Date: February 05, 2019 01:44AM

He says he wants to retire, but I heard he’s always saying he’s gonna leave so we don’t know it for sure!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.