HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I See You...
Posted by: Bengus ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:59PM

Sneaky Sneaky... Po Po's a No No
Attachments:
camero.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I See You...
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: January 24, 2008 04:14PM

It's CAMARO, not camero

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 24, 2008 04:20PM

Ive noticed the new sneaky place on Sutton Road near the Vienna metro. Folks tend to fly down the "hill" coming from Virginia Center Blvd and our loyal donut dunker was there with his LIDAR pointing it at unsuspecting speeders.

Posted by: native ()
Date: January 24, 2008 05:24PM

What I do is, I got a plate cover that bounces the radar laser so it is impossible for the police officer to catch me on the radar. I also have a paper from a ASE certified shop proving in writing that it is impossible for the radar gun to detect speed. Plate covers like that ARE illegal and you would never be able to tell just by looking at it. Well when I got written up for speeding (24 over NON reckless). I took my paperwork to court showing that it is impossible for the cop to radar me. I got charged with improper license plate display which is NON moving $80 violation. Much better then getting charged with speeding. Insurance companies (at least mine, USAA) dont care about non-moving violations

Date: January 24, 2008 06:22PM

Thank you ffxn8v for the grammar check. I appreciate that someone can come to this message board and not only satisfy their gossip and racist appetite but also get the proper education needed to function in this world.

Posted by: Be real ()
Date: January 24, 2008 06:25PM

Ah so

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:20PM

Thats cool Native...where can I get such a plate? LOL! I would much rather have a non-moving violation than a fucking speeding ticket.

Since you have USAA, are you military?

Date: January 24, 2008 07:49PM

Andrea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats cool Native...where can I get such a plate?
> LOL! I would much rather have a non-moving
> violation than a fucking speeding ticket.
>
> Since you have USAA, are you military?

A "plate" like the one suggested, is baloney.

There have been no "good" active jammers for radar avail. for consumers and while the active laser (or LIDAR) jammers and diffusers are more reliable and proven effective, they are not legal in VA, but that is a non-moving equpipment violation.

Look on you tube for key words, "blinder" and lidar or laser jammer. Then go do your homework on their websites.

Posted by: bob ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:51PM

ffxn8v Wrote:
> Andrea Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thats cool Native...where can I get such a
> plate?
> > LOL! I would much rather have a non-moving
> > violation than a fucking speeding ticket.
> >
> > Since you have USAA, are you military?
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> ___________
>
> A "plate" like the one suggested, is baloney.
>
> There have been no "good" active jammers for radar
> avail. for consumers and while the active laser
> (or LIDAR) jammers and diffusers are more reliable
> and proven effective, they are not legal in VA,
> but that is a non-moving equpipment violation.
>
> Look on you tube for key words, "blinder" and
> lidar or laser jammer. Then go do your homework on
> their websites.

Sweet deal - thanks for the post... Do you have any experience with a blinder or laser jammer?

Date: January 24, 2008 07:57PM

bob Wrote:
> Sweet deal - thanks for the post... Do you have
> any experience with a blinder or laser jammer?

No problem.

Do I have experiences.

I will add that on the road, Yes. A laser jamming system such as the blinder works, but you can tell when a car (in your LIDAR) scope has one and the gun is locked.

In the early days of LIDAR, heavy guns and tripods for accuracy were needed. Now you can be tracked with a handheld gun and through glass with a less than (absolutely) steady hand.

Radar is now seldom used in FFX Co. It is mostly still seen on trafic boards, moving patrol (where laser cannot be used with accuracy) and by the VSP (KA band, primarily).

Does this help?

Posted by: Native ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:14PM

No no no , you got it all wrong. There is two ways for a cop to get you speeding that are acceptable in court. One is for a cop catching you with a radar gun as mentioned, second is to match your speed. For instance if the cop is behind you and you are not aware he can match his speed with yours and pull you over if you are going over the limit. HOWEVER you can ask for proof that the police officers speedometer is calobrated and they have to come up with PAPERWORK PROOF on the spot, if they cant-case is dismissed. Back to the plate blocker. YES THEY ARE ILLEGAL but its better then a speeding ticket and cheaper. I have ordered my plate from www.ecklerscamaro.com. I was looking for some parts for my 69 project and came across the plates.NOW, yes a lot of them dont work and maybe even this one doesn't , what you have to do is go a shop that can verify or give you notice in writing that the RADARS cannot bounce the plate. When you are in court and the cop says that he got you on the radar all you have to do is pull out that paper and show it to the judge. As long as the shop is ASE certified the judge will DISMISS the charge. If all elso fails have your shop do a speedometer calibration and show that to the judge, saying that your speedometer was way off and you were not aware of the speed. It humors me when people spend money on lawyers and still get canneed for speeding. I have talked my way out of 74 in 35 just because the cop COULD NOT PROVE that I was speeding withour a lawyer. There is no reason why anyone should be convicted of a speeding charge as there is so many ways around it. You will still get a ticket for a non moving violation(such as for improper tags) but $80 and no dmv points and no higher premiums is a great deal.

Date: January 24, 2008 08:22PM

then again you could just go the speed limit but where is the fun in that. My record has no moving violations and I have been pulled over for speeding 7 times in the last 2 years(twice on base). You have to be carefull when and where you decide to speed. going down main st doing 20 over is obviously dumb but there is a time and a place where you can get away with it. Everybody speeds daily no matter who you are. I have seen mothers in their mini vans on the phone with kids in the back weaving between the cars and then bitch about other drivers. It's just a matter of getting caught and talking your way out of it. If you personally know a few mechanics, even better. Take care of your mechanics and they will save your ass in the long run.

Posted by: yah, right ()
Date: January 25, 2008 11:22AM

You may have a license plate jammer, but it doesn't jam the radar making contact with the rest of your vehicle. Go blow smoke somewhere else.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:35PM

what you have to do is go a shop that can verify or give you notice in writing that the RADARS cannot bounce the plate. When you are in court and the cop says that he got you on the radar all you have to do is pull out that paper and show it to the judge. As long as the shop is ASE certified the judge will DISMISS the charge.

explain that a little more if you don't mind..

Posted by: yah, right ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:55PM

Show the proof. Mythe Busters did a show on it and the lidar and radar always picked up the correct speed.

Posted by: one who knows ()
Date: January 25, 2008 01:30PM

Radar or Lidar for that matter, do not need to bounce or reflect off the license plate for a reading. How else could a motorcycle be tracked with a lidar or radar unit? Motorcycles don't have front tags.......

If that was the case, everyone would save their money on buying these worthless plate covers, and just take off their front plate and take the ticket for not displaying both tags. And motorcycles would never be ticketed for speeding.

The plate covers that may have a shot at working are the ones that blur the plate when a red light camera takes a picture.

Radar and lidar reflect off the surface of the car, be it the bumper, hood, whatever. It's called reflective capability.

Date: January 25, 2008 02:46PM

first of it's not like I am trying to promote a specific product. I am just leeting you know what worked for me. The most important step is to have a shop provide you with a documentation in WRITING stating that the radar cannot pick up the tag. That is all you need in court to prove your case and get dismissed. Just like if you can have your shop write you up for miscalibrated speedometer you will have the case thrown out as well.

Date: January 25, 2008 02:49PM

oh and by the way the so called Myth Buster used plain covers and then foil paper and dumb shit like that. They havent used any of the quality products. I am sure that episode was sponsored by the police department in order to discourage people from buying those.

Date: January 25, 2008 02:53PM

All I have to say is that the Menudo CD that I have hanging from my rear view mirror has been very effective in bouncing radar. I also combined that with a sticker of the flag of Honduras and I'm pretty much invisible to cops.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: January 25, 2008 03:17PM

What does the shop have to do with anything? Shouldnt a certification come from the manufacturer of the product?

just because a shop installs something doesnt mean they can approve of its fuction - only that it is installed correctly..

so explain a little more please..

---

Radar or Lidar for that matter, do not need to bounce or reflect off the license plate for a reading.

i'm not sure why this is being argued... you're right, thats not how it works - why the hell would that make sense???

the gun's laser hits your car and goes back, and it uses a series of pulses to calculate speed... the jammers send fake signals back and confuses the gun...

all he is saying is that system is built into the frame...

it could work, sure... and i'm sure it would work a lot better if the infared emmitters were more spaced out.. and more of em..

Posted by: Taco Bill ()
Date: January 25, 2008 04:03PM

I remember the one picture making the rounds of a red light camera photo. The guy removed his rear tag and went through the light and had another guy in the back of his Jeep. The guy was mooning the camera. Priceless.

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: January 25, 2008 04:11PM

Any document you got from a shop would be considered hearsay and would not be admitted into evidence.

Posted by: Lawdog ()
Date: January 25, 2008 04:23PM

watcher Wrote:
> Any document you got from a shop would be
> considered hearsay and would not be admitted into
> evidence.

Hearsay, yes. Admissible, yes - business records exception.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: January 26, 2008 04:37PM

one who knows Wrote:

>
> Radar and lidar reflect off the surface of the
> car, be it the bumper, hood, whatever. It's called
> reflective capability.

My thoughts exactly, the license plate cover theory is complete BS.....but great job to the dumbass who thinks it works and is driving around with an illegal cover, awesome!

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:15PM

Wow, there is alot of mis-information being spewed out here..

1. Police are instructed to aim at your front plate, b/c it is highly reflective, BUT not because it it the only thing that will reflect. Im not sure on the exact distance, but at approx 200m the lidar pattern is wider than a lic plate.

2. Lic plate covers only work for red light cam picture taking NOT lidar.

3. The active laser jammers work VERY, VERY well, and yes SOME lidar guns will show that it is being jammed. ( not all of FCPD lidar guns have this option). BUT it is sometimes difficult to be sure it is the same car you are aiming at, due to beam scatter. Only in europe do they have the anti-jamming laser guns.

4 RADAR and LIDAR can be affected if you go out of your way to cover up reflective material, i.e. headlight covers, remove front plate, cover up emblems, and chrome, slope of windshield, ( think volvo compared to camaro) etc etc. BUT this will only limit the distance the gun will get a lock, and not by much. But every bit helps.

I would have enjoyed to have been at court when you proved the Lic plate cover doesnt allow a LIDAR lock..lol. Its like saying the cop didnt get me, cuz my radar detector didnt go off..lol. or My gun doesnt work so I couldnt have robbed that bank.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.