HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where is Sheriff Candidate William Cooper III?
Posted by: Lifelong Republican ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:40PM

Last night our civic association sponsored a candidate forum for the benefit of the voters in my community. I was so embarrassed when the republican candidate for sheriff did not show up for the event. I am a life long republican and I was pleased to see the Republicans had a candidate for sheriff. I previously supported Carl Peed and Wayne Huggins for this office. Obviously Mr. Cooper is not a serious candidate if he cannot make himself available to hear from the voters. I fear this is yet another missed opportunity for the republican party.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where is Sheriff Candidate William Cooper III?
Posted by: I call your B.S. ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:07PM

Where? Not wasting his time on your lying ass. That's where.

Posted by: He's Delusional ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:20PM

I think he was out drumming up some bucks to pay for the following Web site instead.

http://www.dropstanbarry.org/

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:50PM

Last night he was at the Fairfax County Republican Committee meeting, along with most of the other Republican activists in Fairfax, including me.

Posted by: Amen! ()
Date: October 27, 2011 11:23AM

Thanks Brian. Folks need to remember that there are hundreds of civic associations in Fairfax County. I'm sure every candidate would like to attend every one of them. It is simply impossible. Especially for a county-wide race.

Posted by: Bull Honky!! ()
Date: October 27, 2011 12:05PM

Speaking of County Wide races, Sharon Bulova and Spike Williams have had more debates than the Sheriff's candidates. Janet Olezek and John Cook are having 10. Stan Barry has showed up to every single one and Cooper has not attended a single one. Unless the Fairfax County Republican Committee magically made their meetings on every date there has been a debate or a forum then it's pretty clear he doesn't want debate Stan because he'll be torn apart. He hasn't given any specifics on how he is going to do any of the things he wants to do if elected because he knows he can't.

Brian, I know you have to support your party's candidate and I'm sure he was at that one meeting but Cooper owes it to the residents of Fairfax he wants to serve to debate and bring specifics of his agenda to the public and defend them in a debate, wouldn't you agree??

Posted by: sleeper ()
Date: October 27, 2011 08:19PM

Well, I was at the Herndon Homecoming Parade, this last weekend and saw a lot of Cooper for Sheriff Signs, and Bill walking with his kid. I also saw pictures of him at Centreville's Festivities. But nothing sighting of Stan Barry, not even a yellow sign. He made two events Barry made ZERO; maybe living in the Northern Neck is too far to drive in the County SUV on County gas, for a County event.

Date: October 27, 2011 08:48PM

Why doesn't he bring his kid to a debate then? I think one of Brian's own bloggers over at NOVA Commonsense said it best and I'm sure you'd agree that "80% of success is showing up" as noted by Brian's fellow conservative blogger April Jenny.

Also, all these things you mention why doesn't Bill bring them up? It seems he has everyone else doing his dirty work for him. That's probably why he's afraid to debate. Hell, if Janet Oleszek is having ten debates in her district against John Cook I think you candidate owes it to the citizens of Fairfax to at least attend one of the numerous debates?

So, go ahead and bring up issues that aren't even addressed here but why not address the issue of Bill dodging debates...What is he afraid of?

Posted by: No Need to Debate ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:31PM

What's there to debate?
Attachments:
sign.jpg

Date: October 27, 2011 09:44PM

Just like I thought. There is no desire for Bill to debate because it'll be exposed for what he is: A candidate who lacks any substance.....However, in the famous words of a true conservative who was never afraid to debate or defend his position in a debate or public, I'll leave you all with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f97gisa8o4

Posted by: He's Delusional ()
Date: October 27, 2011 11:00PM

Bull Honky!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just like I thought. There is no desire for Bill
> to debate because it'll be exposed for what he is:
> A candidate who lacks any substance.....However,
> in the famous words of a true conservative who was
> never afraid to debate or defend his position in a
> debate or public, I'll leave you all with this.

So, because of your love for Sheriff Barry, you'll vote him into office ... despite his grand scheme of raking Fairfax County over the coals? I think there's only one word that can apply to such an individual: Shyster.

We all know the sheriff position lacks a lot of substance, so why not just dump him come November 8th? Time to send him packing!

Posted by: Vienna Neighbor ()
Date: October 28, 2011 06:44AM

Bull Honky!! Wrote:
> Just like I thought. There is no desire for Bill
> to debate because it'll be exposed for what he is:
> A candidate who lacks any substance.....However,
> in the famous words of a true conservative who was
> never afraid to debate or defend his position in a
> debate or public, I'll leave you all with this.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f97gisa8o4

What's there to debate? Sheriff Barry is the one with the record to attack. Mr Cooper has never been an elected official. I think Mr Cooper is letting the Sheriff off easily.

Posted by: holy cow ()
Date: October 28, 2011 07:15AM

Has everyone lost their collective minds? Does it really effing matter if the sheriff is a repub or dem? republicans so desperate to win a county wide election that they turned the spotlight on this race. Barry is fine. Im sure cooper is fine too but who the hell cares. I care about jobs and keeping my taxes low. Huge fail on prioritizing from fairfax repubs on this one. Get your head out of your arse and focus on the races that matter

Posted by: So True ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:28AM

holy cow Wrote:
> Has everyone lost their collective minds? Does it
> really effing matter if the sheriff is a repub or
> dem? republicans so desperate to win a county wide
> election that they turned the spotlight on this
> race. Barry is fine. Im sure cooper is fine too
> but who the hell cares. I care about jobs and
> keeping my taxes low. Huge fail on prioritizing
> from fairfax repubs on this one. Get your head
> out of your arse and focus on the races that
> matter

Couldn't agree more. It is somewhat insignificant as far as the big picture goes, but consider the message. Do we want someone that considers the office of sheriff to be a matter of personal fiduciary gain? How about any elected office? I'd feel the same way if it were the elected dog catcher.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 28, 2011 01:19PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 03:56PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Sheriffs Office Employee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:37PM

Sheriff Candidate Cooper violating my privacy
Posted by: Sheriffs Office Employee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:19PM

Can someone tell me how retired Sheriff's Employee Bill Cooper gained access to my private home address? I work in the Sheriffs Department, in the jail. I only provide my home address when legally required to do so. I have received campaign mail from Coopers campaign addressed to me as a Sheriffs Office employee. I did not give anyone permission to give my private address to Bill Cooper. He and someone in the Sheriffs Office has violated county policy and my legal right to privacy. Maybe I should check my credit report in case he has my social security number also. Cooper needs to stop claiming he is earning anyones trust and confidence. I am pissed and I know a lot of other deputies are upset about this as well. Well???

Posted by: matt dileo ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:39PM

someone needs to consolidate the sheriffs posts on here, like the Redskins one is enough for all this back and forth

Posted by: 15 year Employee ()
Date: October 28, 2011 07:30PM

Totally agree. We should have two threads. One for Cooper supporters and one for tools like Sheriffs Office Employee. Funny, the mail she speaks of went out months ago. Now she bitches about it.

Posted by: Centreville Parent ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:14PM

Cooper's the man. Met him last night at the Centreville game. Seemed decent enough. Lived here for 30 years and have never met the other guy. Didn't even know his name until I googled the Sheriff's race. I guess the question for this thread should be: Where has Sheriff Barry been?

Posted by: Lifelong Republican ()
Date: October 31, 2011 05:52PM

Apparently Sheriff Barry has been at all the established campaign forums (debates) listening to the voters and answering their questions. Cooper has not. Must have been at a football game or republican strategy session instead. See the newspaper endorsement below.

http://www.sungazette.net/mclean-greatfalls-vienna-oakton/commentary/endorsement-barry-for-fairfax-county-sheriff/article_3fe51270-0322-11e1-abe4-001cc4c03286.html

Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: October 31, 2011 06:30PM

I really really really wanna see a cooper - Barry debate. Will there be one?

Posted by: A voter ()
Date: October 31, 2011 08:47PM

There have been plenty, but Cooper didn't show up.

Posted by: Politico ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:00PM

Interesting set of lies, (please provide documentation where a debate was agreed upon by both parties). But the real question is where is the county attorney? Barry says he made a special deal with him regarding his written DROP committment but refuses to comment. Tony Griffin is silent regarding this special arrangement and Bulova refuses to comment. Barry continues to say he got a special deal, but nobody can confirm this. Citizens of fairfax county deserve to see documentation regarding back room deals and are not really concerned about candidate forums. You can continue to try and post inane bullshit, but we really want to see the deal the sheriff brokered in 2009.

Posted by: Bill and Dve ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:08PM

Sounds like some people are getting nervous!!Leave it alone girls and remember-after this election, you can go back to this prior job you had!!Fabulous!!!
http://youtu.be/InBXu-iY7cw

Posted by: Dumb Rookie ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:19PM

I don't think it matters on the number of agreed upon debates but rather why hasn't Cooper attempted to attend a single one? Wouldn't he want to discuss how he'll bring "integrity" back to the Sheriff's office? And, in my opinion, he could have put Stan on the defense in public numerous times over the DROP issue.

As much as the DROP issue is supposedly bad I think voters really want to know what Cooper has to hide and given the recent endorsement of Stan Barry due to Bill's absenteeism throughout the campaign I think that appears to be an even bigger issue. I would figure someone from the Cooper campaign would have realized that every debate or forum that only Stan goes to that allows him to give his side of the story without any rebuttal or anything else and I'm sure he's doing a great job educating voters on the facts from his perspective. I think that when a political party, and not the candidate is making an issue of something and consistently attacking a politician and the opponent making little to any comments comes off as dirty and negative politics.

Also, in all these forum, none of the Cooper supporters have given any specifics as to how they would run the agency different or what Stan Barry has done wrong where he doesn't serve to be elected.

But what do I know, I'm just some dumb rookie.

Posted by: Goo Goo ()
Date: November 01, 2011 04:37AM

Stan Barry: Politician for the lat 12 years.

Bill Cooper: Law Enforcement Officer for the last 23 years.

Is anyone stupid enough to believe Cooper would beat Barry in ANY debate, in ANY subject? Seriously. Even if the subject was light bulbs. Don't forget how Barry became Sheriff, and the funny business he played up in 1999. Let's stick to the real issue: Did Sheriff Barry get caught with his hand in the cookie jar?

Posted by: Just Saying ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:07AM

Debates are just part of the deal if you want to run for, and get elected to, public office. You can't skip them because you think you will lose. That shows the public that you are afraid to confront your opponent and the issues.

The part about lack of experience does not wash either. In 1999 Peed was a 10 year incumbent and Barry had never run for political office. They had 16 debates and by every account that I have heard, even from hardcore Barry supporters, Peed won all of them. Peed was better versed on the issues and he had lots of supporters at the forums. That did not end up being a major factor because Barry showed up and was willing to go toe to toe with Peed.

To use a current example, the candidates for Braddock Supervisor have had 10 debates. All but the most partisan people agree that the democrat was soundly defeated at each debate by the incumbent Cook. That race is probably going to be very close. Imagine how different that would be if Oleszek had not shown up for a single debate because she knew Cook would do better. I think we all know she wouldn't have a chance.

Just saying, this is why people are being so hard on Cooper for not showing up. I am sorry that he missed this opportunity, he may have done better than he thinks and he would have brought some issues forward that need to be addressed in the Sheriff's Office.

Posted by: FxCo ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:14AM

The race is over. Barry already won. Now you jailers can go back to your crappy jobs. At least you will be kept in jail for four more years.

Posted by: nomad ()
Date: November 02, 2011 10:49PM

Agree!

Posted by: FxCo ()
Date: November 03, 2011 03:45AM

Date: November 03, 2011 08:00PM

The same can be said for Sheriff Barry, where has he been for the last three years. Or better yet where has he been since March 2009? Almost a dozen child ID events in October, and he made most of them. Prior to that there was not even 12 a year. Shop with the Sheriff, Barry showed up once in his term. You guessed it this year, with his D buddies in tow: Bulova, McKay and Gross. Go to the Target in Burke and look, 2010 he could not be found to sign the Appreciation Certificate.

Cooper has worked hard, and has appeared, yes not at debates, but he has been approachable. He has been at Friday night football games, Merto and VRE stations in the AM and PM rushes. Many parades, community events, and law enforcement events. The zeal Bill has demonstrated over the past months have been impressive!

Bill Cooper, the Republican Candidate for Sheriff is the hands on law man Fairfax County needs. Not the politician, Stan Barry who shows up in the final months.

Posted by: One question ()
Date: November 03, 2011 08:57PM

Why didn't he want to debate? I think voters deserve to know. In my opinion is me insulting to voters to not see a public debate between the candidates.

And if you are not going to answer the question just say so instead of taking about something completely off topic not related to my above question. Thank you.

Posted by: AMF ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:19PM

Insulting to voters? You mean the twenty that showed up for the 'debate'? Cooper was where sleeper said he was. Metro stops, train stations, reaching out to voters. He was also raising money for his campaign. Barry doesn't need to raise money. He's getting a million bucks from the taxpayers that Cooper disappointed by not debating a politician.

You're welcome.

Posted by: One question ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:25PM

I'll again submit my question for a hopeful answer:

Why didn't he want to debate? I think voters deserve to know. In my opinion is me insulting to voters to not see a public debate between the candidates.

And if you are not going to answer the question just say so instead of taking about something completely off topic not related to my above question. Thank you.

Date: November 03, 2011 09:25PM

Politico Wrote:
> Interesting set of lies, (please provide
> documentation where a debate was agreed upon by
> both parties). But the real question is where is
> the county attorney? Barry says he made a special
> deal with him regarding his written DROP
> committment but refuses to comment. Tony Griffin
> is silent regarding this special arrangement and
> Bulova refuses to comment. Barry continues to say
> he got a special deal, but nobody can confirm
> this. Citizens of fairfax county deserve to see
> documentation regarding back room deals and are
> not really concerned about candidate forums. You
> can continue to try and post inane bullshit, but
> we really want to see the deal the sheriff
> brokered in 2009.

This is the real issue.

Date: November 03, 2011 10:12PM

One question Wrote:
> I'll again submit my question for a hopeful
> answer:
>
> Why didn't he want to debate? I think voters
> deserve to know. In my opinion is me insulting to
> voters to not see a public debate between the
> candidates.
>
> And if you are not going to answer the question
> just say so instead of taking about something
> completely off topic not related to my above
> question. Thank you.

Thanks AMF! I think I can answer the question before I go to sleep.

One Question: first of all they were "candidate forums," not "debates." Second, there were two scheduled each day at the same time. So how does a candidate choose which "forum" to go to? My guess is where he will influence the most votes. So A Dem would go to Great Falls to gain some R votes; where a Rep would go to Annandale to turn D votes his way. Both these "Forums" drew less than 70 voters total. A Friday night football game you have an opportunity to meet more than 100 voters from two different areas of the county. Finally my question to One Question, what did you think of Sheriff Barry's answer to the question of jail population, and staffing numbers?

Posted by: end game ()
Date: November 03, 2011 11:05PM

AMF mentioned Bulova-
"Bulova refuses to comment".Yet in the Post blog by Tom Jackman it says- The question of whether Barry has done a good job in a dozen years as sheriff is largely overlooked. Fairfax Board Chairwoman Sharon Bulova, a fellow Democrat, said the jail was safe, well run and cost effective, as are the sheriff’s other functions.

“He is not double dipping. He’s not taking some kind of unfair advantage,” she said. Bulova said Barry approached her about running again and then serving for no salary. “I told him it would be just as confusing” as the current proposed setup. “I don’t know if that would’ve resolved anything.”
She will win 61-39 over a lackluster opponent.The other 9 districts in FFX are 6-3 Democratic with all incumbents regardless of party expected to win,although 1 of those 3 Republican holds a very close race,in Bradock.That will help drive up Dems vote total county wide.Barry will win 56-44 because mainly Bulova's coattails.The upset to watch may be some of the school board races.Anyone doubting Bulova's commitment to a fellow Dem county wide is not well read.FFX GOTV (get out the vote) efforts by Dems are hard to overcome. I work for a Repub in PWC, and feel for you guys.Move to PWC -we are the only jurisdiction in metro area run by Republicans!

Date: November 04, 2011 07:07AM

Unfortunately, end game may be right. Still doesn't make these politicians ethical.

Date: November 04, 2011 07:15AM

What will be the effect of not indicating party on the ballot?

Posted by: Cujo ()
Date: November 04, 2011 09:04AM

"What will be the effect of not indicating party on the ballot?"

None. Local candidates have never been ID'd by party. All the partisans grab a sample ballot from their respective parties as they go in and vote party ticket that way. Others are voting for the person, not the party. Voters in these local elections tend to either be strong party people that vote a straight ticket or really educated voters that have a good idea what is going on.

Posted by: Dumb Rookie ()
Date: November 04, 2011 01:00PM

What about a sample ballot? Who's on top? Incumbent or challenger??

Date: November 04, 2011 01:39PM

Looks like the challenger is on top of the Sheriffs race ballot.

Posted by: Cujo ()
Date: November 04, 2011 02:28PM

All republicans are first on the ballot this year.

Date: November 04, 2011 03:54PM

Why is that?

Posted by: MFer ()
Date: November 09, 2011 01:33AM

Nice try guys..great strategy going negative!!I really enjoyed kicking your ass back to hell!!Had so many folks tell me how the negative signs turned them off!!I even put some back up for you when I saw they were down!!And hey- even better when you dis your base out in McLean and Dranesville by not not showing up at candidate forums(yes boys and girls they are just forums-the Sheriff candidates do not hold Kennedy-Nixon debates).EVEN BETTER-you then tell the newspaper in that area that you did not attend because you were in a strategy meeting with the Republican party! Your strategy worked perfect-for us!It is like the Seinfeld episode with opposite George!!

Posted by: Not Spike Williams ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:31AM

You know, come to think of it maybe Bill "I got officers in LA supporting me" Cooper should have attended the debate in Great Falls because the Republicans strategy session obviously didn't do him any favors on election day!!

Posted by: loving not Spike Williams ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:47AM

Hey- I want EVERYONE to remember!! Cooper was "SUPPORTED" by Deputies,Police, and Firefighters!!!! Holy crap! I had so many people approch me at the polls and ask about it-and of course I set them straight-it was comical. I almost forgot-thanks again bitches for the help! I laughed my ass off most of the day at the polls!!

Posted by: Tin Man ()
Date: November 09, 2011 06:54PM

As I watched you travel down the Yellow Brick Road in search of OZ I really suppose. There was Amy,Carl,Cory,Dwight,Nathan,Ryan,Sonny,Tony,Paul I don't support Cooper and of course Dave the biggest Fool of all.
You left your job and returned to find the Sheriff gave you your rank once again. You turned your back on a Friend only have an epipthany on election day.
You were awaken to find there was no Yellow Road paved to that magical place called OZ.Yes the Wizard Bill and Jimmy had a bag full of tricks, but the rabbit was not helping a bit.
Dwight said I will get you the SEIU Endorsement once and for all.
But you all were awkaken to Carl playing his pipe, It was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road witch it did never exsist. Dwight realized he was the biggest fool of them all.Dave said to Paul you are one big fat Fool.

The Tin Man has to go, Dorthy awaits me to DROP one more load

Date: November 09, 2011 07:40PM

We laughed and we drank and acted like fools and toasted your future once and for all

Posted by: holy cow 2 ()
Date: November 09, 2011 07:46PM

as was pointed out earlier on this thread, the FCRC leadership lost their collective minds by focusing on this race. Glad to hear Bedell is finally leaving as Chairman--let's hope he takes his minions with him. And glad his dumb luck has finally been exposed. Bedell had the chance to hand the Governor a clear majority in the Senate and instead he wasted time and money on the lousy drop stan barry stuff that was so dense and didn't make much sense....much like Bedell.

Posted by: ConcernedGOPVoter ()
Date: November 09, 2011 07:54PM

And to think when I was raising these concerns I was being attacked by the Cooper supporters here. I am pretty certain now that these people were not true Cooper supporters or even cared about the race but rather saw this forum as an opportunity to talk shit to one another about issues within the Sheriff's Office that your average voter could care less about. Do you deputies really believe that there aren't problems like this in corporations and government agencies everywhere.

I'm certain that Bedell thought by raising the DROP issue he would have drew up a lot of anger with voters and get them out to the polls but he didn't recognize that they were already going to the polls for the Senate races. The problem is that Bedell, Cooper and even Spike Williams gave voters, even GOP voters no reason to vote for the two county wide candidates. Bedell and Cooper never had a SINGLE disagreement with how Sheriff Barry runs the agency. Fairfax County does not like negative campaigns and I'm not sure how the head of the County Republicans didn't know that.

So go ahead and make your childish comments against me but I've been the only consistent GOP voice throughout these Sheriff election threads.

Date: November 09, 2011 08:54PM

Concerned GOPVoter don't get all bent of shape. Rember you can't Reason with Stupid.

Posted by: ConcernedGOPVoter ()
Date: November 09, 2011 09:04PM

I am usually saying that about Democrats but sadly it fits perfectly with Bedell, Cooper and Williams!

Date: November 09, 2011 09:11PM

Bill thanks for the laughs. What an awsome campaign you ran.
Please do me a favor an let us have the same amount of Fun next election.
And as always Please include Diamond Dave, Let me run around Naked in the Locker Room. Don't want to miss all the good entertainment.

Date: November 09, 2011 09:14PM

Bill please come back next election. You and Diamond Dave "Let Me Run Around Naked in the Locker Room" are so entertaining. Don"t want to miss the next show.

Date: November 09, 2011 09:17PM

Sorry I forgot Diamond Dave wanted to Retire at 55. My bust. I guess the Sheriff of Prince William County Does not know that. Please Sheriff let Dave Retire.

Date: November 13, 2011 11:22AM

One last bit of advice before I must go.
Don't go to the races and bet on the horses because you surely don't know a winner when you see one!

Now Dorothy and I are off to see the Real Wizzard of OZ,to that place we will always reside. Please feel free to DROP in us if you find the Yellow Brick Road.
" There's no place like home"

Posted by: SCARECROW ()
Date: November 13, 2011 11:35PM

You forgot one..the wicked witch..-in Chantilly..with her big nose out of joint- "I 'll get you my little pretty..and your little dog too"! F-u !

Date: November 14, 2011 11:35AM

SCARECROW, The wizzard gave me heart,But you asked for a Brain no wonder you so smart!

Date: November 14, 2011 11:50AM

They never did understand all, to get to O.Z. all you had to do was follow the Yellow Brick Road to 4110 Chainbridge Road.

Posted by: LSD ()
Date: November 16, 2011 01:33PM

You would think the S.O. drug tests employees. I guess not.

Posted by: Rusty Trombone ()
Date: November 16, 2011 09:50PM

Pretty fucked up. Not only looped out on dope but illiterate too. What a bunch of assholes. I'm sure the sheriff is proud.

Posted by: Bigdog ()
Date: November 17, 2011 04:20PM

Now that he has lost the election could he please clean up his signs... thank you

Posted by: play misty for me ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:48PM

Rusty Trombone...get your nose fixed bitch..hugs and kisses! Nice tats..

Posted by: Not Rusty Trombone ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:59PM

Rusty Cocksucker
You sound like a sore loser. Why don"t you go back to being Dave's Bitch and lie down on your stomach and spread your cheeks!Take it like the Bitch you are. Whats a matter didn't get your way again.
Barry 1, Cooper 0.
Set, Game, Match

Posted by: play misty for me ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:10PM

Not Rusty Trombone-
You obviously know of this cocksucker of which you speak..does he partake of the tube steak? Or does he hunt for other exotic meat like Dave of the Dupont?

Posted by: MF-aka end game ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:40PM

Did I call this or what?
Posted by: end game ()
Date: November 03, 2011 11:05PM

AMF mentioned Bulova-
"Bulova refuses to comment".Yet in the Post blog by Tom Jackman it says- The question of whether Barry has done a good job in a dozen years as sheriff is largely overlooked. Fairfax Board Chairwoman Sharon Bulova, a fellow Democrat, said the jail was safe, well run and cost effective, as are the sheriff’s other functions.

“He is not double dipping. He’s not taking some kind of unfair advantage,” she said. Bulova said Barry approached her about running again and then serving for no salary. “I told him it would be just as confusing” as the current proposed setup. “I don’t know if that would’ve resolved anything.”
She will win 61-39 over a lackluster opponent.The other 9 districts in FFX are 6-3 Democratic with all incumbents regardless of party expected to win,although 1 of those 3 Republican holds a very close race,in Bradock.That will help drive up Dems vote total county wide.Barry will win 56-44 because mainly Bulova's coattails.The upset to watch may be some of the school board races.Anyone doubting Bulova's commitment to a fellow Dem county wide is not well read.FFX GOTV (get out the vote) efforts by Dems are hard to overcome. I work for a Repub in PWC, and feel for you guys.Move to PWC -we are the only jurisdiction in metro area run by Republicans!
Secret is- I work for the man!

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:11AM

Citizens of Fairfax County,
If you're ok with the behavior displayed above, then I guess I am too. This is your Sheriffs Office. Intentionally hidden from public view. Its obvious that these are employees, yet nothing will be done about it. Funny thing is, these posts are probably coming from the jail on night shift. This is on the county dime.

Posted by: Not Bill Cooper ()
Date: November 18, 2011 08:52AM

Do you think the Sheriff has more important things to do than to track down IP addresses in which he'd probably have to go to court to obtain and deal with a lot of legal fighting? He's busy "Keeping Fairfax Families Safe."

Oh wait, that was Billo's line! Besides, I'm sure if Cooper had gotten elected he would have done nothing about this because his supporters threw out a lot of complete garbage and absolute lies on here that was nothing more than a smear campaign. Let the Cooper supporters on here talk their shit because they've been quite humbled and embarrassed returning to work after all the shit they were talking prior to the election.

Besides, unless they are identifying themselves by name and everything else this is nothing more than a simple expression of free speech. You know, that damn little thing called the First Amendment.

Posted by: from the bottom ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:44AM

Cooper's team were so negative. I thought 'Do I want to work for these people?' I'm nobody under Stan Barry and will never get promoted. Every work place can use an improvement. But I read all the post about the two candidates and I am ashamed to call myself one of them.

To the public, there are a lot of nice people who work here who go out of their way to help coworkers and the public. They are professional and we have to put up with a lot of crap from career criminals with no remorse. Criminals think they are the victims for stealing your credit cards, breaking into your house, pointing a gun at someone and even raping strangers. I sympathize with people who are caught up with drugs and alcohol and is going through a rough divorce or passing through the jail at one point in their lives. But most of the criminals are repeat offenders who have been going in and out of institutions all their adult lives. Like Bernie Madoff (who scammed $50 billion dollars), these guys do not regret what they did to us. They are just sorry they got caught.
So please forgive my few friends who vented here on this site in the last two months. For the next four years, we will do as we always do. Quietly watch the sinners and pray for their reform. I like to believe we are the good guys and we should not let an election change how we behave every day. It hurts to see Deputies who watch eachother's backs and put their lives in one another's hands run such a negative campaign. I agree that some people who became supervisors under Stan Barry have acted like bullies but for the most part there are enough good supervisors who listen to the people on the bottom and care enough to implement changes almost every week. If you were promoted under Stan Barry and you really support him, you should work hard to make HIM look good for promoting you instead of being lazy and shutting down the low ranking guy who is just trying to do his job. I don't blame Stan Barry, because things are a million times better under Barry than it was with the Sheriff before him. Could things have been even better? Yes. Stan Barry could have been more popular than any local board member. But the reason he is not is because Law Enforcement is dirty job. Do you think cops right now decided to beat unarmed protestors? Or have they been ordered to by politicians too scared to confront these social issues.
The negative overspill you see on this site does not reflect the Sheriff or the employees of the Sheriff's Office. It is the damage we got from working around crimnals for years and years. For all the deputies reading this, please invest in your families before you lose them. Don't let the negativity become who you are. We tell inmates to do the right thing everyday. We should do the same thing on an even higher level. So Mr Cooper and Friends, we forgive you for running a negative campaign and posting a lot of BS on this site. Mr Barry please don't let your middle management ruin all the great things you have done. And yes I do think the criticisms against Barry are unfair but that is because Law Enforcement it self is a negative profession with a lot of stress and a high divorce rate. Its not like running a school board or a corporate office. I'm not saying the two mentioned are easy or doesn't have its challanges but Law Enforcement's culture is very negative. But out of all the difficulties, we get great heros who go to the Iraq war, save a nurse from a hostage taker, prevent gangs from putting out hits on prosecuters, stop to assist in emergencies, start religous organizations and help with charities. There are a lot of good people here, please don't judge us by what you read here on this site.

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:24PM

I've been watching these threads with great interest and noticed both sides pick at each other, but I've never seen such poor comments as the ones made by the guys above. What's completely shameful is they act as though graciousness doesn't apply. What's more shameful is that these people were embraced by the Sheriff and are still on the County payroll. God, would I hate to work with those people and it bothers me that they are employed by the taxpayer. As for obtaining IP addresses, Mr Barry should give it a shot. These are law enforcement officers hiding behind the very Constitution that they swear by. And a fine example they are. This is not what we expect. An embarrassment is what they are.

Posted by: Profiler ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:31PM

As someone who's been in the psych business for a few years, I've got to say that one person in particular has attracted much attention. Firstly, he (yes, he) has medium to low self esteem. This is displayed in his rabid desire to continually plug away at his opponent's defeat or loss. The fact that he continually posts abusive and insulting comments is a problem. For him, mostly. Insecurity rules his world and he can only rise above his own inadequacies by hurling abuse at others. Anonymously. He rarely confronts people face to face. Most likely makes challenges to rules and finds reasons for his behavior deep in obscure policies. Also; the fact that he consistently mentions penises and sexual acts, is well.. I'll let the reader figure this out. It wouldn't be hard to find out who this is. He most likely has problems at home. Divorced at least once. He probably finds himself at the core of controversy (always being the victim). Whenever he isn't the center of attention, he makes sure he's somehow involved. Probably encourages others' bad behavior. Definitely law enforcement and has the very strong potential to bring negative attention to his department. I'll check back next week. No charge for my 5 minutes of time here. Have a great weekend and try to get along with each other. It can only do you well.

Posted by: Thanks ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:50PM

What now, asshole? Looks like Profiler shut your big fucking mouth.

Posted by: profiler ()
Date: November 22, 2011 08:26PM

To THANKS-
Yeah I shut his mouth and yours with my slightly crooked yet manly cock.Hope you enjoy "THANKS" you dirty little whore....by the way- F-Cooper...

Posted by: Profiler ()
Date: November 22, 2011 09:48PM

I knew you'd be back. Couldn't help yourself. Hey, how's that penis obsession going, Deputy?

Posted by: real profiler ()
Date: November 22, 2011 09:55PM

profiler-at 948 pm-stop trying to copy me-you disgust me with your penis references..

Posted by: confused ()
Date: November 22, 2011 10:02PM

Which one of you is the real profiler? Who gives a fuck?you are both deputies with way too much time on your hand.Here is an idea- face the fact Cooper lost and those who supported him must bear that shit for 4 years! Shut the fuck up and start watching maggots for 4 years!!

Posted by: cry bitch ()
Date: November 22, 2011 10:15PM

To " From the bottom"..
Bitch are you serious? I have never heard such a load of shit! Why don't you go and hug a tree? Can't we all just get along? What a douche!!Your boy lost big time-Cooper-and now just suck it up!!Open wide and say ahh!!

Posted by: tin man is a pussy ()
Date: November 26, 2011 11:03PM

Tin Man Wrote:
> As I watched you travel down the Yellow Brick Road
> in search of OZ I really suppose. There was
> Amy,Carl,Cory,Dwight,Nathan,Ryan,Sonny,Tony,Paul I
> don't support Cooper and of course Dave the
> biggest Fool of all.
> You left your job and returned to find the Sheriff
> gave you your rank once again. You turned your
> back on a Friend only have an epipthany on
> election day.
> You were awaken to find there was no Yellow Road
> paved to that magical place called OZ.Yes the
> Wizard Bill and Jimmy had a bag full of tricks,
> but the rabbit was not helping a bit.
> Dwight said I will get you the SEIU Endorsement
> once and for all.
> But you all were awkaken to Carl playing his pipe,
> It was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road witch it did
> never exsist. Dwight realized he was the biggest
> fool of them all.Dave said to Paul you are one big
> fat Fool.
>
> The Tin Man has to go, Dorthy awaits me to DROP
> one more load

you talk a lot of shit for hiding behind they keyboard...howabout your first name there champ?

or too skeered?

Posted by: Tin Man's Man ()
Date: November 27, 2011 09:34PM

I know Tin Man. He's all pissed off because I promised I wouldn't spooge in his mouth. He's definitely a coward though. He's the one looking you in the eye and enthusiastically greeting you. A snake. A low life. I sure as hell wouldn't go against the Sheriff, but this fucker found sanctuary with him. All of a sudden his arch enemy seems to be his best friend. Four more years of this bullshit is enough to drive you crazy.

Posted by: tin man ()
Date: November 28, 2011 01:27AM

My name? You can call me cocksucker. I'm obsessed with the male member. The bigger the better.

Posted by: eagle eye ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:20AM

SHERRIF COOPER WHY ARE YOU LOITERING IN A VIENNA PARK ON A MONDAY MORNING SURELY YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF WORTH TO ATTEND TO

Posted by: fffuuuu ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:26AM

Didn't read thread, assumed cooper won. whomever is now sheriff please cease loitering in parks with the taxpayers money, thanks.

Posted by: Barney Frank ()
Date: November 28, 2011 11:10AM

Now that I'm retiring, I can spend more time with Tin Man. He's the BOMB!

Posted by: Confession ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:35PM

All right players- here I go...I am the real Tin Man- and my name is ..oops!

Posted by: take it out it hurts ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:39PM

Tin Man's a pussy-
I bet this this applies to you-and I quote someone else...
Dupont Dave Wrote:
> Hi guys- been busy for the last few months giving
> bad advise to a dumbshit!! Promise I will not walk
> around the locker room naked any more!!However-
> with my new "downtime" that I will have avaiable-
> I promise to think about the guys who I once f-ed
> with every day and have that torture burn in my
> ass for the rest of my life!!All my love!
> Bitch!!

Posted by: Tin Man remembered ()
Date: November 28, 2011 09:51PM

Never forget-
As I watched you travel down the Yellow Brick Road in search of OZ I really suppose. There was Amy,Carl,Cory,Dwight,Nathan,Ryan,Sonny,Tony,Paul I don't support Cooper and of course Dave the biggest Fool of all.
You left your job and returned to find the Sheriff gave you your rank once again. You turned your back on a Friend only have an epipthany on election day.
You were awaken to find there was no Yellow Road paved to that magical place called OZ.Yes the Wizard Bill and Jimmy had a bag full of tricks, but the rabbit was not helping a bit.
Dwight said I will get you the SEIU Endorsement once and for all.
But you all were awkaken to Carl playing his pipe, It was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road witch it did never exsist. Dwight realized he was the biggest fool of them all.Dave said to Paul you are one big fat Fool.

The Tin Man has to go, Dorthy awaits me to DROP one more load

Date: November 29, 2011 01:54PM

Tin man = Coward. He will never show his face. I know him. If he keeps up this bullshit, I'll give a few hints each time. We can start with his family life, which is a total fucking wreck.

Date: November 29, 2011 01:55PM

Profiler Wrote:
> As someone who's been in the psych business for a
> few years, I've got to say that one person in
> particular has attracted much attention. Firstly,
> he (yes, he) has medium to low self esteem. This
> is displayed in his rabid desire to continually
> plug away at his opponent's defeat or loss. The
> fact that he continually posts abusive and
> insulting comments is a problem. For him, mostly.
> Insecurity rules his world and he can only rise
> above his own inadequacies by hurling abuse at
> others. Anonymously. He rarely confronts people
> face to face. Most likely makes challenges to
> rules and finds reasons for his behavior deep in
> obscure policies. Also; the fact that he
> consistently mentions penises and sexual acts, is
> well.. I'll let the reader figure this out. It
> wouldn't be hard to find out who this is. He most
> likely has problems at home. Divorced at least
> once. He probably finds himself at the core of
> controversy (always being the victim). Whenever he
> isn't the center of attention, he makes sure he's
> somehow involved. Probably encourages others' bad
> behavior. Definitely law enforcement and has the
> very strong potential to bring negative attention
> to his department. I'll check back next week. No
> charge for my 5 minutes of time here. Have a great
> weekend and try to get along with each other. It
> can only do you well.

Looks like Profiler knows him pretty well too.

Posted by: Once Again ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:21PM

I know Tin Man. HUGE piece of shit. If he liked his job so much, he might actually come to work. Quit calling in sick, you whining baby!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.