HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Occupy Fairfax 10/29 - Starting at 9 a.m. at the Public Parking Garage at 10550 Page Avenue, Fairfax, VA
Posted by: Occupy Now! ()
Date: October 25, 2011 09:07PM

All,

The next "Occupy Fairfax Protest will be held at October 29. Starting at 9 a.m. Fairfax County Public Safety Center at the Public Parking Garage at 10550 Page Avenue, Fairfax, VA. Because this occupy event is so close to the Halloween holiday, feel free to wear your Halloween costumes. We will even a have "Best Halloween/Protester" contest. The winner wins all expense breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the IHOP in Centreville VA.

This will be a peaceful demonstration, so please behave accordingly. For more information about us, the movement, and answers to questions, please check out our FAQ at http://www.occupytogether.org/

Important note: Occupy Together will never ask for any monetary donations. We suggest that, if you want to donate monetarily, that you visit this site to help those who currently Occupy Wall St.
Attachments:
CNBC-occupy-scenes-seoul-44.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Occupy Fairfax 10/29 - Starting at 9 a.m. at the Public Parking Garage at 10550 Page Avenue, Fairfax, VA
Posted by: Super! ()
Date: October 25, 2011 09:10PM

You'll be right next to where all you idiots belong! Jail!

Re: Occupy Fairfax 10/29 - Starting at 9 a.m. at the Public Parking Garage at 10550 Page Avenue, Fairfax, VA
Posted by: Your an idiot ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:12PM

I hope you all go to jail, get a life and find a more productive way to protest, annoying people will only cause the public (like me) to think you are idiots...

Posted by: Uh-Oh ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:21PM

Looks like a few people here don't appreciate the constitutionally gauranteed right to assemble in public. If you don't like it, go to China with the other totalitarian commies like yourselves .

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:30PM

On Monday, my kids will be holding an Occupy Neighbor's Porch protest where they will be demanding candy.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:31PM

Occupy WS people are a bunch of commie losers....just stay outa my way as I make my way to work to pay for welfare for your sorry asses...

GET A JOB LOSERS!

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:34PM

It is not that. You all may want to review the listed criminal charges under Virginia Code.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC18020000009000000000000

Since you all are advocating the wearing of costumes. A review of wearing masks with these costumes would be prudent. Here is the link:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-422

Why not spend the time to get a job?

Uh-Oh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like a few people here don't appreciate the
> constitutionally gauranteed right to assemble in
> public. If you don't like it, go to China with the
> other totalitarian commies like yourselves .

Posted by: WeWhoCare ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:44PM

Your an idiot Wrote:
> I hope you all go to jail, get a life and find a
> more productive way to protest, annoying people
> will only cause the public (like me) to think you
> are idiots...

To Mr. "Your an idiot," Mark J & Troop,

Your an idiot - please learn to spell - "Your" is supposed to be You're.

Second, if it wasn't for people standing up for a cause and protesting what kind of life would the people in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya (hopefully Syria) still be forced to endure.
If you’re too lazy to participate then please sit down and shut up and go back to playing your video games. We’ll find people of character and strength to take your place.

Date: October 26, 2011 12:05AM

First off:

Troop Wrote:
> Why not spend the time to get a job?

I already have one, thank you. Broad generalizations are NOT valid points of argument.

Next:

Troop Wrote:
> Since you all are advocating the wearing of
> costumes. A review of wearing masks with these
> costumes would be prudent. Here is the link:

Yet another broad generalization. I am not advocating the breaking of any law. I am merely supporting, nay, condoning my fellow Virginians attempt to express their dissatisfaction of the current state of affairs. You, on the other hand, are condemning them for it. You seem to be the type of person who would support these public protests on if they were aligned differently politically. Maybe if they were rallying against high tax rates for the rich, they would garner your support. Thank the good Lord you're not in any sort of position to bring the hammer down on these folks. But you know, there's a place in the world where there is only one set of political views allowed; one party, if you will. It's called China. And you should go there some time, you'd fit right in. Commie!

Date: October 26, 2011 01:35AM

To what you "Occupiers" are advocating, you and your lot would fit in very well in China, or the PRNK. I sure hope the Fairfax County Police along with Virginia State Police delcare your "protest" an unlawful assembly and beat the living fuck out of the lot of you. At least I provided you the laws of VA which can be very strict and spun against you to shut down your little fucking game. I too will be going to work and really not giving a crap about your lefty ideals that have been proven time and again that they do not work. At least some crack smoking fecund single mother with a slew of kids from different daddies will get her welfare check because of my taxes that I pay. And how will you contribute to the general welfare by not working and paying taxes while you are at your "protest?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 01:39AM by Troop.

Posted by: Blam ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:30AM

Yeah protest big business, stock market, and banks! Best protester wins a free meal at the national chain restaurant IHOP, owned by parent company DineEquity which is publicly traded on the NYSE under the tag DIN currently at around 40 bucks.

If you live in Fairfax County you likely do not have anything to be protesting about.. go to NVCC for a month and take Principles of Macroeconomics (Microeconomics too while you are at it), instead of art history or music appreciation.

--------------------------------------
DAMN!

Posted by: Pessimistic ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:15AM

Blam Wrote:
> Yeah protest big business, stock market, and
> banks! Best protester wins a free meal at the
> national chain restaurant IHOP, owned by parent
> company DineEquity which is publicly traded on the
> NYSE under the tag DIN currently at around 40
> bucks.
>
> If you live in Fairfax County you likely do not
> have anything to be protesting about.. go to NVCC
> for a month and take Principles of Macroeconomics
> (Microeconomics too while you are at it), instead
> of art history or music appreciation.

Oh really? I think this simple cartoon sums it up well why everyone is protesting:
Attachments:
occupy-wall-street-poster-declaration-79a.png

Posted by: It's Time to Occupy! ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:22AM

I’m sure by now you’ve heard somewhere on the mainstream media that the Occupy Wall St. protestors are a bunch aimless college kids running around not really sure of what it is they are protesting or what it is they want. Well they have released a mission statement and it appears to me that they know exactly what they want and exactly what they are protesting. Check it out below:

As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments.

We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them. They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

To the people of the world,

We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.

Join us and make your voices heard!

Together we can make this country great again, run by the people for the people. No more Corporate Irresponsibility!
Attachments:
cropped-corporate_flag.jpg

Posted by: Tommy Jefferson ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:49AM

Uh-Oh Wrote:
> Looks like a few people here don't appreciate the
> constitutionally gauranteed right to assemble in
> public. If you don't like it, go to China with the
> other totalitarian commies like yourselves .

No we appreciate it, we do not appreciate hypocritical organizations that are protesting and getting nothing done!

Tell me about 1 thing that has changed due to these 'occupations'? C'mon show me!

Posted by: Fight the Power! ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:52AM

Tommy Jefferson Wrote:
> Uh-Oh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Looks like a few people here don't appreciate
> the
> > constitutionally gauranteed right to assemble
> in
> > public. If you don't like it, go to China with
> the
> > other totalitarian commies like yourselves .
>
> No we appreciate it, we do not appreciate
> hypocritical organizations that are protesting and
> getting nothing done!
>
> Tell me about 1 thing that has changed due to
> these 'occupations'? C'mon show me!

I'll answer that for you.

What Has Occupied Wall Street Accomplished?
http://grantlawrence.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-has-occupied-wall-street.html

After one month, the list of "Occupied" has been quite impressive.

Most notably the movement is now truly a global movement. This is humane globalization unlike the fascist corporatist version.

Inspired by the uprisings across the Arab world, and fueled by the feelings of anger and helplessness of everyday Americans, in the past month Occupy Wall Street has:

Gone Global: On October 15th, protests were held from North and South America to Asia, Africa and Europe, with over 1,500 events in 82 countries, as part of a global day of action.

Flourished with Diversity: Occupiers of different ages, races, walks of life, and political beliefs have joined the movement. The mix grew quickly to include students, elderly people, families with children, construction workers on their lunch breaks, unemployed Wall Street executives, Iraq & Afghanistan veterans, moms, and many others.

Gained Support in the Heartland: Occupy actions are happening all across middle America, from Kethcum, ID to Kalamazoo, MI, from Orlando to Anchorage. Every day financial contributions arrive along with clothes, food, and notes of support from all across the country. A couple from West Virginia who have been sending supplies to Liberty Square occupiers writes: “We are so grateful for all of you involved in this defense of America. We firmly believe this is ‘it.’ If we can't grab this democracy this time, we'll sink and it will be a long time before we will have this opportunity again. Thank you for taking time from your busy life to be there.”

Changed the Conversation: The people-powered force of shared anger at a broken system that profits the top 1% at the expense of the rest of us has shifted our national dialogue. The Occupy Wall Street protest has become a cultural phenomenon, mentioned everywhere from jokes on Saturday Night Live to the solemn dedication the national memorial to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by President Obama Sunday. We, the occupiers, have shown our country how to come together and respect differences while working together to build a movement for change.

What a month, and we are only getting started! (occupywallst.org)

Read MORE Here

Related articles
CNN on Why the Media Should Take "Occupy Wall Street" Seriously, "This is No Joke" (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
"Occupy" Protests Working: Republicans Now Admit Too Few Have Too Much (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
Reclaim Your Power: World Wide "Occupy" Protests Oct. 15, 2011 (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
The Unified Message of Occupy Wall Street: If You Can't See, You Won't Hear (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
Why Are They Occupying Wall Street? (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
Michael Rectenwald, Ph.D: "Occupy Wall Mart" (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
Plan Today to Occupy Wall Street (9/17/2011) (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: October 26, 2011 08:55AM

Considering the movement just started a month ago, and its still in its infancy. It's managed to get worldwide attention and is the subject of conversation with people at work, meetings, and on forums like this. Protests have sprung up all over the world and that's something.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what other results come of it. But you can't expect much for only having been around for a month.

Posted by: We, the Fairfax, Virginia General Assembly ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:00AM

Say it is time for you all to FUCK OFF. I say we start:

1. Revoking the privileges of these idiots (civil liberties) as those behaving 'civil' are not protesting a damn thing.

2. Start locking them up and imposing high fines for trespassing, and lewd public display.

3. Start deleting their posts on public forums (i.e. Fairfax Underground) and also ban their IP addresses.

This is seriously becoming a problem.

It's Time to Occupy! Wrote:
> I’m sure by now you’ve heard somewhere on the
> mainstream media that the Occupy Wall St.
> protestors are a bunch aimless college kids
> running around not really sure of what it is they
> are protesting or what it is they want. Well they
> have released a mission statement and it appears
> to me that they know exactly what they want and
> exactly what they are protesting. Check it out
> below:
>
> As we gather together in solidarity to express a
> feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight
> of what brought us together. We write so that all
> people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of
> the world can know that we are your allies.
>
> As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality:
> that the future of the human race requires the
> cooperation of its members; that our system must
> protect our rights, and upon corruption of that
> system, it is up to the individuals to protect
> their own rights, and those of their neighbors;
> that a democratic government derives its just
> power from the people, but corporations do not
> seek consent to extract wealth from the people and
> the Earth; and that no true democracy is
> attainable when the process is determined by
> economic power. We come to you at a time when
> corporations, which place profit over people,
> self-interest over justice, and oppression over
> equality, run our governments.
>
> We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right,
> to let these facts be known.
>
> They have taken our houses through an illegal
> foreclosure process, despite not having the
> original mortgage.
>
> They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with
> impunity, and continue to give Executives
> exorbitant bonuses.
>
> They have perpetuated inequality and
> discrimination in the workplace based on age, the
> color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and
> sexual orientation.
>
> They have poisoned the food supply through
> negligence, and undermined the farming system
> through monopolization.
>
> They have profited off of the torture,
> confinement, and cruel treatment of countless
> nonhuman animals, and actively hide these
> practices.
>
> They have continuously sought to strip employees
> of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer
> working conditions.
>
> They have held students hostage with tens of
> thousands of dollars of debt on education, which
> is itself a human right.
>
> They have consistently outsourced labor and used
> that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’
> healthcare and pay.
>
> They have influenced the courts to achieve the
> same rights as people, with none of the
> culpability or responsibility.
>
> They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams
> that look for ways to get them out of contracts in
> regards to health insurance.
>
> They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
>
> They have used the military and police force to
> prevent freedom of the press.
>
> They have deliberately declined to recall faulty
> products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
>
> They determine economic policy, despite the
> catastrophic failures their policies have produced
> and continue to produce.
>
> They have donated large sums of money to
> politicians supposed to be regulating them. They
> continue to block alternate forms of energy to
> keep us dependent on oil.
>
> They continue to block generic forms of medicine
> that could save people’s lives in order to
> protect investments that have already turned a
> substantive profit.
>
> They have purposely covered up oil spills,
> accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive
> ingredients in pursuit of profit.
>
> They purposefully keep people misinformed and
> fearful through their control of the media.
>
> They have accepted private contracts to murder
> prisoners even when presented with serious doubts
> about their guilt.
>
> They have perpetuated colonialism at home and
> abroad. They have participated in the torture and
> murder of innocent civilians overseas.
>
> They continue to create weapons of mass
> destruction in order to receive government
> contracts. *
>
> To the people of the world,
>
> We, the New York City General Assembly occupying
> Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert
> your power.
>
> Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy
> public space; create a process to address the
> problems we face, and generate solutions
> accessible to everyone.
>
> To all communities that take action and form
> groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer
> support, documentation, and all of the resources
> at our disposal.
>
> Join us and make your voices heard!
>
> Together we can make this country great again, run
> by the people for the people. No more Corporate
> Irresponsibility!

Posted by: Fact Checker ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:01AM

Poll: 43 percent agree with views of "Occupy Wall Street"
By Brian Montopoli
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20125515-503544/poll-43-percent-agree-with-views-of-occupy-wall-street/

Forty-three percent of Americans agree with the views of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll that found a widespread belief that money and wealth should be distributed more evenly in America.

Twenty-seven percent of Americans said they disagree with the movement, which began more than a month ago in lower Manhattan and has since spread across the country and around the world. Thirty percent said they were unsure.

Riot police arrest "Occupy Oakland" protesters

Young and left-leaning Americans were more likely to agree with the movement than were their older and more conservative counterparts. Half of Americans ages 18-29 say they agree with the movement; just one in three Americans age 65 or older say the same. And two thirds of liberals say they agree with "Occupy Wall Street" compared with just one in four conservatives.

Americans with at least some college education are more likely to agree with the movement than those with less education. Nearly half of those with at least some college education say they agree with "Occupy Wall Street"; among those who did not attend college, that figure drops to 37 percent.

Seven in ten Americans say they have heard or read at least something about "Occupy Wall Street."

While there are different agendas within the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, nearly all of the protesters say that wealth has become too concentrated among a relatively small group of Americans. The poll found that most Americans agree with that assessment: Two in three say that wealth is not distributed as equitably as it should be, while just one in four says wealth is distributed fairly.

Republicans were far more likely than Democrats or independents to say the current distribution of income is fair. Fifty-five percent of Republicans say the current distribution is fair, compared to just seven percent of Democrats; 86 percent of Democrats, 67 percent of independents and 36 percent of Republicans say wealth should be distributed more evenly.

Forty-six percent of Americans say "Occupy Wall Street" represents the views of most Americans, compared to 34 percent who say it does not. Asked specifically what they think about "Occupy Wall Street" as a movement - as opposed to the ideas behind it - Americans were more reticent to offer an opinion: 25 percent said they had a favorable impression of the movement, 20 percent said they have an unfavorable impression, and 53 percent said they were undecided or haven't heard enough.

(Credit: CBS News) Forty-three percent of Americans agree with the views of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll that found a widespread belief that money and wealth should be distributed more evenly in America.

Twenty-seven percent of Americans said they disagree with the movement, which began more than a month ago in lower Manhattan and has since spread across the country and around the world. Thirty percent said they were unsure.

Riot police arrest "Occupy Oakland" protesters

Young and left-leaning Americans were more likely to agree with the movement than were their older and more conservative counterparts. Half of Americans ages 18-29 say they agree with the movement; just one in three Americans age 65 or older say the same. And two thirds of liberals say they agree with "Occupy Wall Street" compared with just one in four conservatives.

Americans with at least some college education are more likely to agree with the movement than those with less education. Nearly half of those with at least some college education say they agree with "Occupy Wall Street"; among those who did not attend college, that figure drops to 37 percent.

Seven in ten Americans say they have heard or read at least something about "Occupy Wall Street."

While there are different agendas within the "Occupy Wall Street" movement, nearly all of the protesters say that wealth has become too concentrated among a relatively small group of Americans. The poll found that most Americans agree with that assessment: Two in three say that wealth is not distributed as equitably as it should be, while just one in four says wealth is distributed fairly.

Republicans were far more likely than Democrats or independents to say the current distribution of income is fair. Fifty-five percent of Republicans say the current distribution is fair, compared to just seven percent of Democrats; 86 percent of Democrats, 67 percent of independents and 36 percent of Republicans say wealth should be distributed more evenly.

(Credit: CBS News)

Forty-six percent of Americans say "Occupy Wall Street" represents the views of most Americans, compared to 34 percent who say it does not. Asked specifically what they think about "Occupy Wall Street" as a movement - as opposed to the ideas behind it - Americans were more reticent to offer an opinion: 25 percent said they had a favorable impression of the movement, 20 percent said they have an unfavorable impression, and 53 percent said they were undecided or haven't heard enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This poll was conducted among a random sample of 1,650 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone October 19-24, 2011. Phone numbers were dialed from random digit dial samples of both standard land-line and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher. An oversample was conducted for this survey which will be analyzed in a future poll release.

This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.
Attachments:
table_money_wealth_102511.gif
pie_occupy_102511.gif

Posted by: it is a fad..... ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:02AM

Like the Macarena!

Two Cents Wrote:
> Considering the movement just started a month ago,
> and its still in its infancy. It's managed to get
> worldwide attention and is the subject of
> conversation with people at work, meetings, and on
> forums like this. Protests have sprung up all over
> the world and that's something.
>
> I guess we'll have to wait and see what other
> results come of it. But you can't expect much for
> only having been around for a month.

Posted by: Polls are skewed ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:03AM

Fact Checker Wrote:
> Poll: 43 percent agree with views of "Occupy Wall
> Street"
> By Brian Montopoli
> http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20125515-50
> 3544/poll-43-percent-agree-with-views-of-occupy-wa
> ll-street/
>
> Forty-three percent of Americans agree with the
> views of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement,
> according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll
> that found a widespread belief that money and
> wealth should be distributed more evenly in
> America.
>
>
> Twenty-seven percent of Americans said they
> disagree with the movement, which began more than
> a month ago in lower Manhattan and has since
> spread across the country and around the world.
> Thirty percent said they were unsure.
>
>
> Riot police arrest "Occupy Oakland" protesters
>
>
> Young and left-leaning Americans were more likely
> to agree with the movement than were their older
> and more conservative counterparts. Half of
> Americans ages 18-29 say they agree with the
> movement; just one in three Americans age 65 or
> older say the same. And two thirds of liberals say
> they agree with "Occupy Wall Street" compared with
> just one in four conservatives.
>
>
> Americans with at least some college education are
> more likely to agree with the movement than those
> with less education. Nearly half of those with at
> least some college education say they agree with
> "Occupy Wall Street"; among those who did not
> attend college, that figure drops to 37 percent.
>
>
> Seven in ten Americans say they have heard or read
> at least something about "Occupy Wall Street."
>
>
> While there are different agendas within the
> "Occupy Wall Street" movement, nearly all of the
> protesters say that wealth has become too
> concentrated among a relatively small group of
> Americans. The poll found that most Americans
> agree with that assessment: Two in three say that
> wealth is not distributed as equitably as it
> should be, while just one in four says wealth is
> distributed fairly.
>
>
> Republicans were far more likely than Democrats or
> independents to say the current distribution of
> income is fair. Fifty-five percent of Republicans
> say the current distribution is fair, compared to
> just seven percent of Democrats; 86 percent of
> Democrats, 67 percent of independents and 36
> percent of Republicans say wealth should be
> distributed more evenly.
>
> Forty-six percent of Americans say "Occupy Wall
> Street" represents the views of most Americans,
> compared to 34 percent who say it does not. Asked
> specifically what they think about "Occupy Wall
> Street" as a movement - as opposed to the ideas
> behind it - Americans were more reticent to offer
> an opinion: 25 percent said they had a favorable
> impression of the movement, 20 percent said they
> have an unfavorable impression, and 53 percent
> said they were undecided or haven't heard enough.
>
>
>
> (Credit: CBS News) Forty-three percent of
> Americans agree with the views of the "Occupy Wall
> Street" movement, according to a new CBS News/New
> York Times poll that found a widespread belief
> that money and wealth should be distributed more
> evenly in America.
>
>
> Twenty-seven percent of Americans said they
> disagree with the movement, which began more than
> a month ago in lower Manhattan and has since
> spread across the country and around the world.
> Thirty percent said they were unsure.
>
>
> Riot police arrest "Occupy Oakland" protesters
>
>
> Young and left-leaning Americans were more likely
> to agree with the movement than were their older
> and more conservative counterparts. Half of
> Americans ages 18-29 say they agree with the
> movement; just one in three Americans age 65 or
> older say the same. And two thirds of liberals say
> they agree with "Occupy Wall Street" compared with
> just one in four conservatives.
>
>
> Americans with at least some college education are
> more likely to agree with the movement than those
> with less education. Nearly half of those with at
> least some college education say they agree with
> "Occupy Wall Street"; among those who did not
> attend college, that figure drops to 37 percent.
>
>
> Seven in ten Americans say they have heard or read
> at least something about "Occupy Wall Street."
>
>
> While there are different agendas within the
> "Occupy Wall Street" movement, nearly all of the
> protesters say that wealth has become too
> concentrated among a relatively small group of
> Americans. The poll found that most Americans
> agree with that assessment: Two in three say that
> wealth is not distributed as equitably as it
> should be, while just one in four says wealth is
> distributed fairly.
>
>
> Republicans were far more likely than Democrats or
> independents to say the current distribution of
> income is fair. Fifty-five percent of Republicans
> say the current distribution is fair, compared to
> just seven percent of Democrats; 86 percent of
> Democrats, 67 percent of independents and 36
> percent of Republicans say wealth should be
> distributed more evenly.
>
>
> (Credit: CBS News)
>
> Forty-six percent of Americans say "Occupy Wall
> Street" represents the views of most Americans,
> compared to 34 percent who say it does not. Asked
> specifically what they think about "Occupy Wall
> Street" as a movement - as opposed to the ideas
> behind it - Americans were more reticent to offer
> an opinion: 25 percent said they had a favorable
> impression of the movement, 20 percent said they
> have an unfavorable impression, and 53 percent
> said they were undecided or haven't heard enough.
>
> ------------------------------
> This poll was conducted among a random sample of
> 1,650 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone
> October 19-24, 2011. Phone numbers were dialed
> from random digit dial samples of both standard
> land-line and cell phones. The error due to
> sampling for results based on the entire sample
> could be plus or minus three percentage points.
> The error for subgroups is higher. An oversample
> was conducted for this survey which will be
> analyzed in a future poll release.
>
>
> This poll release conforms to the Standards of
> Disclosure of the National Council on Public
> Polls.

Funny how we do not know a single soul who participates in these 'polls'!

Posted by: Citizen X ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:08AM

We, the Fairfax, Virginia General Assembly Wrote:
> Say it is time for you all to FUCK OFF. I say we
> start:
>
> 1. Revoking the privileges of these idiots (civil
> liberties) as those behaving 'civil' are not
> protesting a damn thing.
>
> 2. Start locking them up and imposing high fines
> for trespassing, and lewd public display.
>
> 3. Start deleting their posts on public forums
> (i.e. Fairfax Underground) and also ban their IP
> addresses.
>
> This is seriously becoming a problem.
>

Revoking civil liberties? Locking up people for protesting (A constitutional right)? Sounds like to me your more like a Nazi than an American. Heck even the Virginian Flag is dedicated to overflowing tyranny.....

A deep blue field contains the seal of Virginia with the Latin motto " Sic Semper Tyrannis" - "Thus Always to Tyrants". Adopted in 1776. The two figures are acting out the meaning of the motto. Both are dressed as warriors. The woman, Virtue, represents Virginia. The man holding a scourge and chain shows that he is a tyrant. His fallen crown is nearby.
Attachments:
nunst076.gif

Posted by: FAIRFAXIAN ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:13AM

Let's take these one by one.......
(MY RESPONSES IN CAPS)

We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.
AGREED

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN TAKE YOUR HOME IS IF YOU STOPPED PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE, IN WHICH CASE YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR HOME TAKEN BACK AS IT WAS COLLATERAL FOR YOUR LOAN.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
A SMALL NUMBER OF COMPANAIES (BANKS, AUTO MAKERS, FANNIE AND FREDDIE) HAVE RECEIVED GOVERNMENT BAILOUT MONEY TO KEEP THEM FROM GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. MOST HAVE PAID BACK THOSE FUNDS. 99% OF CORPATIONS DID NOT GET BAILOUT MONEY AND THEY HAVE TO ANSWER TO THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, WHO OWN THE COMPANY, ABOUT THE COMPENSATION OF THEIR EMPLOYEES

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST SUCH DISCRIMINATION - (ALTHOUGH, TO MY KNOWLEDGE NOT GENDER IDENTITY - WHATEVER THAT IS)

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
I EAT FOOD EVERYDAY AND HAVE NOT BEEN POISONED SO THIS IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless nonhuman animals, and actively hide these practices.

AGAIN, THERE ARE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS DEALING WITH ANIMAL ABUSE. IN MOST CASES I READ ABOUT ITS PEOPLE THAT ABUSE ANIMALS BECAUSE THEY ARE NUTS (I.E. MIKE VICK) NOT CORPORATIONS.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

I THINK YOU MEAN TO SAY STRIP EMPLOYEES OF THE RIGHT TO "COLLECTIVELY BARGAIN". IN OTHER WORDS UNIONIZE. THERE ARE LAWS ON THE BOOKS TO GIVE BOTH UNIONS AND COMPANIES RIGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT. IN A NON-UNION ENVIRONMENT, YOU NEGOTIATE FOR YOURSELF WITH YOUR EMPLOYER. ARE YOU EQAUALLY OUTRAGED WHEN UNIONS ABUSE WORKERS? DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST UNION PROTESTS - THE ONES IN FRONT OF BUILDINGS WITH THE DRUMS ETC -- ARE DONE USING DAY LABORERS MAKING MINUMUM WAGES AND NO BENEFITS? THEY ARE WORKING FOR THE UNIONS ALLEDGEDLY TO PROTECT WORKING CONDITIONS YET THE UNIONS THEMSELVES DON'T PROVIDE BENEFITS THAT THEY WANT THE EMPLOYERS TO PAY! HMMMMM i WONDER WHY?

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

STUDENTS APPLIED FOR THOSE LOANS AND AGREED TO REPAY THEM- THE DEBT WASN'T FORCED UPON THEM. THEY COULD HAVE VOLUNTEERED, APPLIED TO A CHEAPER SCHOOL, EDUCATED THEMSELVES, GOT A JOB AND SAVED MONEY FOR COLLEGE, JOINED THE MILITARY AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF GI BENEFITS ETC. HOWEVER, INSTEAD, THEY CHOSE TO APPLY FOR LOANS AND TAKE DEBT OBLIGATIONS UPON THEMSELVES. CORPORATIONS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A TRANSACTION BETWEEN A BANK AND A BORROWER.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE A COMPANY'S POLICIES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE DID SO THEY'D BE FORCED TO CHANGE THOSE POLCIES OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS. IF ALL CLOTHES AND SHOES WERE MADE IN THE USA BY UNION WORKERS A TEESHIRT WOULD COST $200. WOULD YOU BE OUTRAGED BY THAT AS WELL? WOULDN'T THAT BE OUTRAGEOUS TOO IF ALL COMSUMER GOODS COST DRAMTICALLY MORE THAN THEY DO TODAY?

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

UNTRUE. READ SARBANES-OXLEY, DODD-FRANK, THE TAX CODE OR ANY OTHER OF THE THOUSANDS OF STATUTES THAT HOLD CORPORATE EMPLOYEES CRIMINALLY LIABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. BY THE WAY CORPORATIONS ARE JUST A GROUP OF PEOPLE RUNNING A COMPANY.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
AND OTHERS HAVE SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO FIND WAYS TO FORCE THEM TO PAY MORE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE. ALL IN ALL, ITS A WASH.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
OPT OUT OF THEIR MARKETING PROGRAMS.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.

WHEN? WHERE? I HADN'T HEARD THAT THE MARINES AND SOLDIERS WERE USED TO FORCIBLY PREVENT NEWSPAPERS FROM REPORTING STORIES. I ALSO DIDN'T REALIZE THAT CORPORATIONS CONTROLLED THE US MILITARY.

They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
WE HAVE LAWS TO PUNISH THOSE WHO DO THIS. CALL THE CPSC IF YOU HAVE ANY KNWOLEDGE FO SPECIFIC PRODUCTS CAUSING HARM.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
THE GOVERNMENT, NOT CORPORATIONS, SETS ECONOMIC POLICY. WE ELECT THE GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND WE CAN AND SHOULD HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE ON OUR BEHALF.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians supposed to be regulating them. They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
UNDER US LAW, CORPORATIONS CANNOT MAKE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS ONLY U.S. CITIZENS CAN DO SO. CONGRESS HAS PASSED HUNDREDS OF LAWS PROMOTING WIND, SOLAR, GEOTHERMAL, NATURAL GAS, CLEAN COAL, ETC TO GET US OFF FORIEGN OIL. BY THE WAY, COPRORATIONS DON'T JUST INCLUDE OIL COMPANIES, MANY CORPRATIONS MAKE SOLAR PANELS, WINDMILLS, AND GREEN PRODUCTS AS WELL. ARE YOU OUTRAGED BY THESE COPRORATIONS TOO?

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantive profit.
I TAKE A GENERIC EVERYDAY SO THEY HAVEN'T BLOCKED ALL GENERICS. ALSO, THEY INVEST BILLIONS PER YEAR IN R&D TO CREATE DRUGS THAT FIGHT CANCER, MS, AIDS ETC. IF THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY ON THE SMALL PERCENTAGE OF DRUGS THAT GET APPROVED, WHO WILL FUND FUTURE R&D TO FIND CURES? TODAY THEY CAN EXCLUSIVELY PROFIT ON THE DRUGS THEY MAKE FOR 8 YEARS (i BELIEVE) THEN THE DRUGS CAN BE PRODUCDED GENERICALLY AT A LOWER COST. SEEMS FAIR.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
AGAIN, WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST ALL OF THESE THINGS. MANY PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO JAIL FOR SUCH CRIMES. YOU CANNOT INDIGHT ALL PEOPLE OR CORPORATIONS FOR THE ACTS OF A FEW BAD ACTORS.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
I READ MEDIA ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM AND THEM USE MY OWN COMMONN SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE TO FORM MY OWN OPINIONS,- YOU SHOULD TRY IT, IT WILL INSURLATE YOU FROM THIS CONCERN.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
CORPORATIONS MURDER PRISIONERS? NOT SURE HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS ONE BUT AGAIGN WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST MURDER,

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT US CORPORATIONS?

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *
THE GOVERNMENT ORDERS THE WEAPONS - IF THERE WAS NO BUYER, THE COMPANY WOULDN'T MAKE THEM. IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM TO ORDER MORE WEAPONS, YOU NEED TO HOLD YOUR ELECTED OFFICALS ACCOUNTABLE.

To the people of the world,

We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

AGREED. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE. LET'S HEAR YOUR SOLUTIONS.

To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.

Join us and make your voices heard!

Together we can make this country great again, run by the people for the people. No more Corporate Irresponsibility!

Date: October 26, 2011 09:16AM

It should also be noted that the Fairfax Occupation movement is also protesting Illegal Immigration. Some law makers are contemplating bills to allow the illegals here in fairfax to work even if they are just beginning the process for getting a work visa to work here. So essentially these illegals would get work visas, permits, etc to work in VA without a background check.

Even if you do not agree with the movement (and this is your indisputable right to disagree), feel free to protest "Illegal Immigration" in this county.
Attachments:
Occupy-Wall-St-ALAN-test.jpg

Posted by: Anti-OES movements.... ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:24AM

Then perhaps you all need to change your motto about being the 99%, because I am not with you.

And for the NAZI finger pointing comments, yeah go smoke some more of your dope! OR why don't you go shoot up using the veins in your anus.

Go out and get permits before just going and occupying lands that we the 'tax' payers pay to use, because as of right now it appears as though you have no job, so you cant be a tax payer.

FUCK OWS, Occpation Fairfax, and all the other fucking idiots who think they are doing something for the greater good.

I cant wait till you all go away to a life of disparity and eternal suffering.

Sincerely,

Capitalism RULES!

Date: October 26, 2011 09:28AM

Troop Wrote:
> To what you "Occupiers" are advocating, you and
> your lot would fit in very well in China, or the
> PRNK. I sure hope the Fairfax County Police along
> with Virginia State Police delcare your "protest"
> an unlawful assembly and beat the living fuck out
> of the lot of you. At least I provided you the
> laws of VA which can be very strict and spun
> against you to shut down your little fucking game.
> I too will be going to work and really not giving
> a crap about your lefty ideals that have been
> proven time and again that they do not work. At
> least some crack smoking fecund single mother with
> a slew of kids from different daddies will get her
> welfare check because of my taxes that I pay. And
> how will you contribute to the general welfare by
> not working and paying taxes while you are at your
> "protest?"

This is what I'm talking about. God forbid there's opposing political viewpoints to your own. And you want to shut them down in a brutal fashion too? Now where have I heard that... oh yeah, China. I bet you think life would be a lot easier if there was only one political party, huh? Your problem is is that you're un-democratic, un-American and rely far too much on generalizations to get your incorrect points across. I hope you're boarding a plane to China now, because that's where totalitarian commies like you belong. Try not to shit on the Consitution on your way out.

Posted by: Concerned Parents ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:35AM

Anti-OES movements.... Wrote:
> Then perhaps you all need to change your motto
> about being the 99%, because I am not with you.
>
> And for the NAZI finger pointing comments, yeah go
> smoke some more of your dope! OR why don't you go
> shoot up using the veins in your anus.
>
> Go out and get permits before just going and
> occupying lands that we the 'tax' payers pay to
> use, because as of right now it appears as though
> you have no job, so you cant be a tax payer.
>
> FUCK OWS, Occpation Fairfax, and all the other
> fucking idiots who think they are doing something
> for the greater good.
>
> I cant wait till you all go away to a life of
> disparity and eternal suffering.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Capitalism RULES!

Its people like this that got us into this mess in the first place. I wasn't going to go protest but now I am. No more fascists!

Posted by: farting into wine glasses ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:44AM

Concerned Parents Wrote:
> Anti-OES movements.... Wrote:
> -----
> > Then perhaps you all need to change your motto
> > about being the 99%, because I am not with you.
> >
> > And for the NAZI finger pointing comments, yeah
> go
> > smoke some more of your dope! OR why don't you
> go
> > shoot up using the veins in your anus.
> >
> > Go out and get permits before just going and
> > occupying lands that we the 'tax' payers pay to
> > use, because as of right now it appears as
> though
> > you have no job, so you cant be a tax payer.
> >
> > FUCK OWS, Occpation Fairfax, and all the other
> > fucking idiots who think they are doing
> something
> > for the greater good.
> >
> > I cant wait till you all go away to a life of
> > disparity and eternal suffering.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Capitalism RULES!
>
> Its people like this that got us into this mess in
> the first place. I wasn't going to go protest but
> now I am. No more fascists!

Good, I hope when they lock you up for disturbing the public and protesting without permits....CPS comes to your house to evaluate your living situation.

But don't forget you are a hypocrite wearing your name brand clothes, shopping for food at big chain supermarkets, having cable television, using the internet, driving your corporation made vehicle....feel free to protest. Everyone I know thinks you are worthless.

Posted by: Concerned Parents ()
Date: October 26, 2011 10:17AM

farting into wine glasses Wrote:
> Concerned Parents Wrote:
> -----
> > Anti-OES movements.... Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Then perhaps you all need to change your
> motto
> > > about being the 99%, because I am not with
> you.
> > >
> > > And for the NAZI finger pointing comments,
> yeah
> > go
> > > smoke some more of your dope! OR why don't
> you
> > go
> > > shoot up using the veins in your anus.
> > >
> > > Go out and get permits before just going and
> > > occupying lands that we the 'tax' payers pay
> to
> > > use, because as of right now it appears as
> > though
> > > you have no job, so you cant be a tax payer.
> > >
> > > FUCK OWS, Occpation Fairfax, and all the
> other
> > > fucking idiots who think they are doing
> > something
> > > for the greater good.
> > >
> > > I cant wait till you all go away to a life of
> > > disparity and eternal suffering.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > >
> > > Capitalism RULES!
> >
> > Its people like this that got us into this mess
> in
> > the first place. I wasn't going to go protest
> but
> > now I am. No more fascists!
>
>
> Good, I hope when they lock you up for disturbing
> the public and protesting without permits....CPS
> comes to your house to evaluate your living
> situation.
>
> But don't forget you are a hypocrite wearing your
> name brand clothes, shopping for food at big chain
> supermarkets, having cable television, using the
> internet, driving your corporation made
> vehicle....feel free to protest. Everyone I know
> thinks you are worthless.

Well my neighbors and I will be there wearing our "name brand clothes" and fighting for our (and your) rights. I understand why you won't be there, after all you don't stand for anything so people will always stand on top of you.

Posted by: American Jobs for Americans! ()
Date: October 26, 2011 10:26AM

Occupy Now! Wrote:
> It should also be noted that the Fairfax
> Occupation movement is also protesting Illegal
> Immigration. Some law makers are contemplating
> bills to allow the illegals here in fairfax to
> work even if they are just beginning the process
> for getting a work visa to work here. So
> essentially these illegals would get work visas,
> permits, etc to work in VA without a background
> check.
>
> Even if you do not agree with the movement (and
> this is your indisputable right to disagree), feel
> free to protest "Illegal Immigration" in this
> county.

Why are they trying to give American jobs to illegal aliens? We have thousands of VETs coming back home from overseas and they need jobs. Why does the government give these foreign nationals jobs in OUR country? No more!
Attachments:
Occupy Fairfax Large.PNG

Date: October 26, 2011 11:39AM

Pessimistic Wrote:
> Blam Wrote:
> -----
> > Yeah protest big business, stock market, and
> > banks! Best protester wins a free meal at the
> > national chain restaurant IHOP, owned by parent
> > company DineEquity which is publicly traded on
> the
> > NYSE under the tag DIN currently at around 40
> > bucks.
> >
> > If you live in Fairfax County you likely do not
> > have anything to be protesting about.. go to
> NVCC
> > for a month and take Principles of
> Macroeconomics
> > (Microeconomics too while you are at it),
> instead
> > of art history or music appreciation.
>
> Oh really? I think this simple cartoon sums it up
> well why everyone is protesting:

I like how you just skipped over why you are a hypocrite. You are giving a reward for protesting big business by... supporting big business.

All of you are massive hypocrites, as big as they come, especially due to the fact that you live here in Fairfax County, one of the wealthiest counties in the country.

You all sit in the basements of your parents homes, stalking on facebook and playing with your latest iPhones... then it hits you; "oh, this degree art history is worthless! But this isn't my fault, I better blame someone else.. particularly big business and banks! And while I'm at it I'll start suddenly believing in communism and completely forget everything I was taught in the 8th and 9th grade! I'll buy a new iPhone to help organize and a new camcorder to film all the not job finding I'll be doing, that will show them!"

If you protesters really were serious, you'd first of all get out of Fairfax County, but I understand if you don't.. you'd rather protest with class. Instead you should ship over to Montgomery County and live on the streets for a month, then you'll know what its like to have no job in a tough economy with no parents to support you, or feed you for that matter as well.

You bums don't realize how good you still have it here, and the time you waste standing around annoying normal people is time you could spend looking for work, or at least begging your parents to send you back to school to get a degree in something that isn't complete horse shit.

DAMN!

Posted by: Justice is Coming? ()
Date: October 26, 2011 11:39AM

Dam thats a scary pic!!!

Posted by: Pessimistic ()
Date: October 26, 2011 11:51AM

Blam Wrote:
> Pessimistic Wrote:
> -----
> > Blam Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yeah protest big business, stock market, and
> > > banks! Best protester wins a free meal at
> the
> > > national chain restaurant IHOP, owned by
> parent
> > > company DineEquity which is publicly traded
> on
> > the
> > > NYSE under the tag DIN currently at around 40
> > > bucks.
> > >
> > > If you live in Fairfax County you likely do
> not
> > > have anything to be protesting about.. go to
> > NVCC
> > > for a month and take Principles of
> > Macroeconomics
> > > (Microeconomics too while you are at it),
> > instead
> > > of art history or music appreciation.
> >
> > Oh really? I think this simple cartoon sums it
> up
> > well why everyone is protesting:
>
>
> I like how you just skipped over why you are a
> hypocrite. You are giving a reward for protesting
> big business by... supporting big business.
>
> All of you are massive hypocrites, as big as they
> come, especially due to the fact that you live
> here in Fairfax County, one of the wealthiest
> counties in the country.
>
> You all sit in the basements of your parents
> homes, stalking on facebook and playing with your
> latest iPhones... then it hits you; "oh, this
> degree art history is worthless! But this isn't
> my fault, I better blame someone else..
> particularly big business and banks! And while I'm
> at it I'll start suddenly believing in communism
> and completely forget everything I was taught in
> the 8th and 9th grade! I'll buy a new iPhone to
> help organize and a new camcorder to film all the
> not job finding I'll be doing, that will show
> them!"
>
> If you protesters really were serious, you'd first
> of all get out of Fairfax County, but I understand
> if you don't.. you'd rather protest with class.
> Instead you should ship over to Montgomery County
> and live on the streets for a month, then you'll
> know what its like to have no job in a tough
> economy with no parents to support you, or feed
> you for that matter as well.
>
> You bums don't realize how good you still have it
> here, and the time you waste standing around
> annoying normal people is time you could spend
> looking for work, or at least begging your parents
> to send you back to school to get a degree in
> something that isn't complete horse shit.

It's pancakes at IHOP dipshit, not a brand new car. Jesus retards like "Blam" should be neutered.
Attachments:
retard.jpg

Posted by: Are you part of the 99%? ()
Date: October 26, 2011 12:11PM

Occupy Together

For more information about us, the movement, and answers to questions, please check out our FAQ.

Important note: Occupy Together will never ask for any monetary donations. We suggest that, if you want to donate monetarily, that you visit this site to help those who currently Occupy Wall St.

http://www.occupytogether.org/
Attachments:
occupy-wall-street-signs09.jpg

Date: October 26, 2011 12:17PM

But if you fools were as serious as you claim to be, you wouldn't do anything to support any big business at all. In fact you shouldn't do anything to support ANY business that strives to make profits. You ought to farm wheat and make your own pancake, then I'd say you were committed.

But no, you wont, and that's the point; you have it so good here with the comforts of your IHOPs and your iPhones; surrounded by the luxuries of your parents wealth and what big business has created all around you. Yet things aren't going your way, likely due to your own personal failures and shortcomings, so you have nothing left to do but protest the very things you take for granted every moment of your life.

However you won't listen, because your the kind of child who suggests to neutering people who don't agree with you, then follow up with some form of immature picture likely acquired from 4chan, a site notoriously known for immaturity and child pornography. Yeah you seem like a real stable person, people used to think like you back in the dark ages.. well some still do now in the middle east.. oh well.

DAMN!

Date: October 26, 2011 12:24PM

It's okay to disagree. This protest is not about dividing America but uniting us. Things are clearly out of balance in the economy and our goal to right that wrong.

For more information about us, the movement, and answers to questions, please check out our FAQ at http://www.occupytogether.org/

Posted by: 60's Relic ()
Date: October 26, 2011 12:58PM

Occupy Now! Wrote:
> It's okay to disagree. This protest is not about
> dividing America but uniting us. Things are
> clearly out of balance in the economy and our goal
> to right that wrong.
>
> For more information about us, the movement, and
> answers to questions, please check out our FAQ at
> http://www.occupytogether.org/

I'm a relic of the 60's.

However, and I mean this seriously, how is sitting in park somewhere with an ill defined agenda going to unite anyone or better yet change anything?

During the Civil Rights protests there was a defined purpose, during the anti-war protests there was a clearly defined agenda. These were the primary protests from which the current crop of protesters think they emulating, but clearly they are not. I do recall with fondness the concept of free love that seemed to permeate the demonstrations/rallies/protests. I think that's why most guys attended anyway.

I have a novel idea, why not protest Sharia Law and the discrimination against women that it foments. That is a real threat to equality! Consider the plight of women in places like Afghanistan or Pakistan, Sharia law prohibits them from getting medical treatment or education.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: October 26, 2011 01:10PM

Not actually a supporter of Occupy wherever but a few points...

FAIRFAXIAN Wrote:
> Let's take these one by one.......
> (MY RESPONSES IN CAPS)
>
> We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right,
> to let these facts be known.
> AGREED
+1
>
> They have taken our houses through an illegal
> foreclosure process, despite not having the
> original mortgage.
>
> THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN TAKE YOUR HOME IS IF YOU
> STOPPED PAYING YOUR MORTGAGE, IN WHICH CASE YOU
> DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR HOME TAKEN BACK AS IT WAS
> COLLATERAL FOR YOUR LOAN.
>
Actually, it's happened repeatedly, the story that comes to mind first though is the one where the couple took Bank of America to court and won...and then foreclosed on the bank when they wouldn't pay them the amount the court ordered. There's a history of sloppy paperwork and the repeated selling of mortgages without actually owning the mortgage in the first place. Lots of court cases going on with that.

>
> They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with
> impunity, and continue to give Executives
> exorbitant bonuses.
> A SMALL NUMBER OF COMPANAIES (BANKS, AUTO MAKERS,
> FANNIE AND FREDDIE) HAVE RECEIVED GOVERNMENT
> BAILOUT MONEY TO KEEP THEM FROM GOING OUT OF
> BUSINESS. MOST HAVE PAID BACK THOSE FUNDS. 99%
> OF CORPATIONS DID NOT GET BAILOUT MONEY AND THEY
> HAVE TO ANSWER TO THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, WHO OWN THE
> COMPANY, ABOUT THE COMPENSATION OF THEIR
> EMPLOYEES
>
While essentially true, I think the point is the 'shareholders' are part of the 1% and therefore part of the problem. Also, not everything has been paid back (http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/main/summary) well, at least according to that source.

>
> They have perpetuated inequality and
> discrimination in the workplace based on age, the
> color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and
> sexual orientation.
> THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST SUCH DISCRIMINATION -
> (ALTHOUGH, TO MY KNOWLEDGE NOT GENDER IDENTITY -
> WHATEVER THAT IS)

Gender identity is covering the transgender population (the men that dress/act/etc as women and vice versa)

>
>
> They have poisoned the food supply through
> negligence, and undermined the farming system
> through monopolization.
> I EAT FOOD EVERYDAY AND HAVE NOT BEEN POISONED SO
> THIS IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT.
>
Actually, there are numerous lawsuits everyday around the country regarding businesses dumping hazardous substances in the ground or local waterways or through the exhaust from smoke stacks, etc. The big businesses also have the funds to hire lobbyists to neutralize/lessen the government regs, and they've been pretty successful. (one case, http://blogforcleanair.blogspot.com/2011/07/public-health-groups-protest-what.html)

as an example, there is an investigation into the Listeria outbreak to see if there was a water contamination that was the original cause. ANd there was a whole controversy over chicken waste as well (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/29/us/29poultry.html?pagewanted=all)
>
> They have profited off of the torture,
> confinement, and cruel treatment of countless
> nonhuman animals, and actively hide these
> practices.
>
> AGAIN, THERE ARE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS DEALING
> WITH ANIMAL ABUSE. IN MOST CASES I READ ABOUT
> ITS PEOPLE THAT ABUSE ANIMALS BECAUSE THEY ARE
> NUTS (I.E. MIKE VICK) NOT CORPORATIONS.
>
It still happens though, and it is corporations. (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r-video/19073199/detail.html) & (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=chicken%20farm%20abuse%20video&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ktvu.com%2Fnews%2F16177636%2Fdetail.html&ei=ejeoTsehPIbk0QHagPGJDg&usg=AFQjCNGch5qMEW-KPkLnACFqDqjnekAi9Q)
>
> They have continuously sought to strip employees
> of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer
> working conditions.
>
> I THINK YOU MEAN TO SAY STRIP EMPLOYEES OF THE
> RIGHT TO "COLLECTIVELY BARGAIN". IN OTHER WORDS
> UNIONIZE. THERE ARE LAWS ON THE BOOKS TO GIVE
> BOTH UNIONS AND COMPANIES RIGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT.
> IN A NON-UNION ENVIRONMENT, YOU NEGOTIATE FOR
> YOURSELF WITH YOUR EMPLOYER. ARE YOU EQAUALLY
> OUTRAGED WHEN UNIONS ABUSE WORKERS? DID YOU KNOW
> THAT MOST UNION PROTESTS - THE ONES IN FRONT OF
> BUILDINGS WITH THE DRUMS ETC -- ARE DONE USING DAY
> LABORERS MAKING MINUMUM WAGES AND NO BENEFITS?
> THEY ARE WORKING FOR THE UNIONS ALLEDGEDLY TO
> PROTECT WORKING CONDITIONS YET THE UNIONS
> THEMSELVES DON'T PROVIDE BENEFITS THAT THEY WANT
> THE EMPLOYERS TO PAY! HMMMMM i WONDER WHY?
>
This is entirely in response to the Wisconsin public employee debacle, I suspect. Though I agree with you, Unions are not the entirely wonderful things they make themselves out to be.
>
>
> They have held students hostage with tens of
> thousands of dollars of debt on education, which
> is itself a human right.
>
> STUDENTS APPLIED FOR THOSE LOANS AND AGREED TO
> REPAY THEM- THE DEBT WASN'T FORCED UPON THEM.
> THEY COULD HAVE VOLUNTEERED, APPLIED TO A CHEAPER
> SCHOOL, EDUCATED THEMSELVES, GOT A JOB AND SAVED
> MONEY FOR COLLEGE, JOINED THE MILITARY AND TOOK
> ADVANTAGE OF GI BENEFITS ETC. HOWEVER, INSTEAD,
> THEY CHOSE TO APPLY FOR LOANS AND TAKE DEBT
> OBLIGATIONS UPON THEMSELVES. CORPORATIONS HAVE
> NOTHING TO DO WITH A TRANSACTION BETWEEN A BANK
> AND A BORROWER.
>
I agree wholeheartedly, and education is not a right, it's a privilege, something more Americans need to understand and teach their kids.
>
> They have consistently outsourced labor and used
> that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’
> healthcare and pay.
> IF YOU DON'T LIKE A COMPANY'S POLICIES, YOU HAVE
> THE RIGHT NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. IF ENOUGH
> PEOPLE DID SO THEY'D BE FORCED TO CHANGE THOSE
> POLCIES OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS. IF ALL CLOTHES
> AND SHOES WERE MADE IN THE USA BY UNION WORKERS A
> TEESHIRT WOULD COST $200. WOULD YOU BE OUTRAGED
> BY THAT AS WELL? WOULDN'T THAT BE OUTRAGEOUS TOO
> IF ALL COMSUMER GOODS COST DRAMTICALLY MORE THAN
> THEY DO TODAY?

+1000 And outsourcing was in direct response to GOVERNMENT actions.
>
>
> They have influenced the courts to achieve the
> same rights as people, with none of the
> culpability or responsibility.
>
> UNTRUE. READ SARBANES-OXLEY, DODD-FRANK, THE TAX
> CODE OR ANY OTHER OF THE THOUSANDS OF STATUTES
> THAT HOLD CORPORATE EMPLOYEES CRIMINALLY LIABLE
> FOR THEIR ACTIONS. BY THE WAY CORPORATIONS ARE
> JUST A GROUP OF PEOPLE RUNNING A COMPANY.
>
>
> They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams
> that look for ways to get them out of contracts in
> regards to health insurance.
> AND OTHERS HAVE SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO FIND
> WAYS TO FORCE THEM TO PAY MORE FOR HEALTH
> INSURANCE. ALL IN ALL, ITS A WASH.
>
>
> They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
> OPT OUT OF THEIR MARKETING PROGRAMS.
>
> They have used the military and police force to
> prevent freedom of the press.
>
> WHEN? WHERE? I HADN'T HEARD THAT THE MARINES AND
> SOLDIERS WERE USED TO FORCIBLY PREVENT NEWSPAPERS
> FROM REPORTING STORIES. I ALSO DIDN'T REALIZE
> THAT CORPORATIONS CONTROLLED THE US MILITARY.
>
>
> They have deliberately declined to recall faulty
> products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
> WE HAVE LAWS TO PUNISH THOSE WHO DO THIS. CALL
> THE CPSC IF YOU HAVE ANY KNWOLEDGE FO SPECIFIC
> PRODUCTS CAUSING HARM.
>
Plenty of cases out there, there is a vagueness to the law that allows for businesses to continue to sell a product even if a person has been harmed by it. Though you are correct that contacting the government can usually precipitate a recall. Amazingly, like so many of these topics, if the citizen actually assumes some responsibility they can make a difference.
>
>
> They determine economic policy, despite the
> catastrophic failures their policies have produced
> and continue to produce.
> THE GOVERNMENT, NOT CORPORATIONS, SETS ECONOMIC
> POLICY. WE ELECT THE GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND WE
> CAN AND SHOULD HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE
> ACTIONS THEY TAKE ON OUR BEHALF.
>
+1000
>
> They have donated large sums of money to
> politicians supposed to be regulating them. They
> continue to block alternate forms of energy to
> keep us dependent on oil.
> UNDER US LAW, CORPORATIONS CANNOT MAKE CAMPAIGN
> CONTRIBUTIONS ONLY U.S. CITIZENS CAN DO SO.
> CONGRESS HAS PASSED HUNDREDS OF LAWS PROMOTING
> WIND, SOLAR, GEOTHERMAL, NATURAL GAS, CLEAN COAL,
> ETC TO GET US OFF FORIEGN OIL. BY THE WAY,
> COPRORATIONS DON'T JUST INCLUDE OIL COMPANIES,
> MANY CORPRATIONS MAKE SOLAR PANELS, WINDMILLS, AND
> GREEN PRODUCTS AS WELL. ARE YOU OUTRAGED BY THESE
> COPRORATIONS TOO?
>
Actually the Supreme Court said that they can, Corporations CAN and DO make contributions to politicians.
(http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june10/supremecourt_01-21.html)
>
> They continue to block generic forms of medicine
> that could save people’s lives in order to
> protect investments that have already turned a
> substantive profit.
> I TAKE A GENERIC EVERYDAY SO THEY HAVEN'T BLOCKED
> ALL GENERICS. ALSO, THEY INVEST BILLIONS PER YEAR
> IN R&D TO CREATE DRUGS THAT FIGHT CANCER, MS, AIDS
> ETC. IF THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY ON THE SMALL
> PERCENTAGE OF DRUGS THAT GET APPROVED, WHO WILL
> FUND FUTURE R&D TO FIND CURES? TODAY THEY CAN
> EXCLUSIVELY PROFIT ON THE DRUGS THEY MAKE FOR 8
> YEARS (i BELIEVE) THEN THE DRUGS CAN BE PRODUCDED
> GENERICALLY AT A LOWER COST. SEEMS FAIR.

Actually, the big companies DO block certain drugs, particularly to sell in the US and they overprice the drugs in the US market. That would be why there's a number of people that travel to Canada and other places to get cheaper drugs.
>
>
> They have purposely covered up oil spills,
> accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive
> ingredients in pursuit of profit.
> AGAIN, WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST ALL OF THESE THINGS.
> MANY PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO JAIL FOR SUCH CRIMES.
> YOU CANNOT INDIGHT ALL PEOPLE OR CORPORATIONS FOR
> THE ACTS OF A FEW BAD ACTORS.
>
> They purposefully keep people misinformed and
> fearful through their control of the media.
> I READ MEDIA ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL
> SPECTRUM AND THEM USE MY OWN COMMONN SENSE AND
> KNOWLEDGE TO FORM MY OWN OPINIONS,- YOU SHOULD TRY
> IT, IT WILL INSURLATE YOU FROM THIS CONCERN.
>
Ditto
>
> They have accepted private contracts to murder
> prisoners even when presented with serious doubts
> about their guilt.
> CORPORATIONS MURDER PRISIONERS? NOT SURE HOW TO
> RESPOND TO THIS ONE BUT AGAIGN WE HAVE LAWS
> AGAINST MURDER,
>
I suspect they're talking about some of the mercenary groups that were hired for Iraq, like Blackwater.
>
> They have perpetuated colonialism at home and
> abroad. They have participated in the torture and
> murder of innocent civilians overseas.
> ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT US CORPORATIONS?

Not a clue what they are talking about.
>
>
> They continue to create weapons of mass
> destruction in order to receive government
> contracts. *
> THE GOVERNMENT ORDERS THE WEAPONS - IF THERE WAS
> NO BUYER, THE COMPANY WOULDN'T MAKE THEM. IF YOU
> DON'T WANT THEM TO ORDER MORE WEAPONS, YOU NEED TO
> HOLD YOUR ELECTED OFFICALS ACCOUNTABLE.

Oh there are plenty of non-us gov customers out there. Really. It IS a business after all.

>
> To the people of the world,
>
> We, the New York City General Assembly occupying
> Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert
> your power.
>
> Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy
> public space; create a process to address the
> problems we face, and generate solutions
> accessible to everyone.
>
> AGREED. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE. LET'S
> HEAR YOUR SOLUTIONS.
>
> To all communities that take action and form
> groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer
> support, documentation, and all of the resources
> at our disposal.
>
> Join us and make your voices heard!
>
> Together we can make this country great again, run
> by the people for the people. No more Corporate
> Irresponsibility!

Sounds like they want a lot of regulations enacted. Not that they've actually given any real solutions.

Date: October 26, 2011 01:28PM

60's Relic Wrote:
> Occupy Now! Wrote:
> -----
> > It's okay to disagree. This protest is not
> about
> > dividing America but uniting us. Things are
> > clearly out of balance in the economy and our
> goal
> > to right that wrong.
> >
> > For more information about us, the movement,
> and
> > answers to questions, please check out our FAQ
> at
> > http://www.occupytogether.org/
>
>
>
> I'm a relic of the 60's.
>
> However, and I mean this seriously, how is sitting
> in park somewhere with an ill defined agenda going
> to unite anyone or better yet change anything?
>
> During the Civil Rights protests there was a
> defined purpose, during the anti-war protests
> there was a clearly defined agenda. These were
> the primary protests from which the current crop
> of protesters think they emulating, but clearly
> they are not. I do recall with fondness the
> concept of free love that seemed to permeate the
> demonstrations/rallies/protests. I think that's
> why most guys attended anyway.
>
> I have a novel idea, why not protest Sharia Law
> and the discrimination against women that it
> foments. That is a real threat to equality!
> Consider the plight of women in places like
> Afghanistan or Pakistan, Sharia law prohibits them
> from getting medical treatment or education.

For our protests, we have been protesting at locations and events, but have not stayed there. In New York our fellow protesters have "occupied" Wall Street and have been there for a month. Here in Northern VA, we will protest at events, government centers, etc and then go home. We would not say occupy the Fairfax Government Center 24/7 because here in Northern VA it just would not be productive to do so. Now if we were in New York or in Washington DC (or some other major city) we would stand, protest, and occupy that area. Here we are attempting to protest in a way that does not add to the problems of the local community. We strive to bring people together, and not tear them apart. We also take great pains not to cause or backup traffic in their commutes, nor do we do things that would endanger people or their children. We are a "People Friendly" group of protesters and invite you to join us on October 29th. Remember we're all in this together. ;)

Date: October 26, 2011 01:43PM

Yeah right, you all pussies will not do the same things here as your commie ilk in other cities cause you know Fairfax County will enforce the laws. It was great watching the Oakland PD kick the shit out of the illegal occupiers disrupting the lives of normal citizens. How'd that start? The fucking commie bastards started by throwing rocks and glass bottles at the police after the police legally told the criminal elements to disperse.

It's you liberal non-tolerant shit stains that are dragging this great Nation down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 01:44PM by Troop.

Posted by: We're not gonna take it! ()
Date: October 26, 2011 01:46PM

......Sing it baby! Sing it!

Posted by: Fairfaxian ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:01PM

RESPONSE to SHADOW (don;t want tio quote entire lengthly post again:

1) "While essentially true, I think the point is the 'shareholders' are part of the 1% and therefore part of the problem".

NOT ALL SHAREHOILDERS ARE PART OF THE 1% ONFACT MOST ARE WORKING STIFFS WHO OWN STOCK THROUGH 401(K) PLANS, RETIREES, ETC. iT'S IN THEIR BEZT INTEREST FOR COMPANIES TO MAKE MONEY SO THEIR PORTFOLIOS GO UP. eVEN IF THEY ONLY OWN A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS WORTH OF STOCK.

2) Actually, there are numerous lawsuits everyday around the country regarding businesses dumping hazardous substances in the ground or local waterways or through the exhaust from smoke stacks, etc. The big businesses also have the funds to hire lobbyists to neutralize/lessen the government regs, and they've been pretty successful.

TRUE, but lawsuits can be filed for anything they don;t mean that the defendant is guilty or liable. Also, for those that are bad actorsm they are dealt with by lawsuits and the EPA etc. so it's not like they're getting off scott free.

3)This is entirely in response to the Wisconsin public employee debacle, I suspect. Though I agree with you, Unions are not the entirely wonderful things they make themselves out to be.

No, this is based upon a conversation I had with a guy protesting in front of the madison hotel in DC a few weeks ago. I asked him what he was protesting- he didn't knwo. I asked if was a hotel worker. he said no, a day laborer hired for minimum wage and no benefits to picket for the hotel union.

Actually the Supreme Court said that they can, Corporations CAN and DO make contributions to politicians.
(http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june10/supremecourt_01-21.html)

INCCORRECT - THE COURT SPECIFICALLY SAID CORPORATIONS CANNOT CONTRIBUTE CORPORATE MONEY TO THE REELECTION CAMPAIGNS OF FEDERAL ELECTED OFFICIALS. THAT REMAINS ILLEGAL. THE COURT DID ALLOW THEM, ON FREE SPEECH GROUNDS, TO SPEND CORPORATE DOLLARS ON POLITICAL ADS SO LONG AS IT WAS NOT DONE THROUGH A CANDIDATE'S CAMPAIGN. SO IF THE CORPORATION HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT POLITICS IT CAN SAY IT DIRECTLY.

(THANKS FOR THE INTELLEGENT DISCUSSION AND CONSTRUCTIVE DISAGREEMENT)

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:15PM

I enjoy the intelligent discussion on these issues.

Posted by: Jimmy Redstone ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:22PM

Hey where can I learn about being a protestor. Like I wanna protest against my rich parents for buying me clothes. I am only 12, but I can scream loudly! LOL. I can spread the word on Plaxo and Linked In, and maybe Club Penguin.

My older brother can drive me and my posse to this place. We can do skateboard tricks and tag OCCUPY on the ground. This week is red ribbon week, and when they ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I'm going to say a protestor....

Posted by: ACORN ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:28PM

http://nation.foxnews.com/acorn/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-occupy-movement

EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement

By Jana Winter

Published October 26, 2011 | FoxNews.com

The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed “leaderless” Occupy Wall Street movement, organizing “guerrilla” protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities, sources tell FoxNews.com.

The former director of New York ACORN, Jon Kest, and his top aides are now busy working at protest events for New York Communities for Change (NYCC). That organization was created in late 2009 when some ACORN offices disbanded and reorganized under new names after undercover video exposes prompted Congress to cut off federal funds.

NYCC’s connection to ACORN isn’t a tenuous one: It works from the former ACORN offices in Brooklyn, uses old ACORN office stationery, employs much of the old ACORN staff and, according to several sources, engages in some of the old organization’s controversial techniques to raise money, interest and awareness for the protests.

Sources said NYCC has hired about 100 former ACORN-affiliated staff members from other cities – paying some of them $100 a day - to attend and support Occupy Wall Street. Dozens of New York homeless people recruited from shelters are also being paid to support the protests, at the rate of $10 an hour, the sources said.

At least some of those hired are being used as door-to-door canvassers to collect money that’s used to support the protests.

Sources said cash donations collected by NYCC on behalf of some unions and various causes are being pooled and spent on Occupy Wall Street. The money is used to buy supplies, pay staff and cover travel expenses for the ex-ACORN members brought to New York for the protests.

In one such case, sources said, NYCC staff members collected cash donations for what they were told was a United Federation of Teachers fundraising drive, but the money was diverted to the protests.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/acorn/2011/10/26/exclusive-acorn-playing-behind-scenes-role-occupy-movement#ixzz1buibKQrl

(why?? because I dislike protesting hippies!)

Date: October 26, 2011 02:34PM

LOL, ACORN has nothing to do with our protests. For that matter, we run on private donations here. Now I can't speak to other "Occupy" groups, I can definitely say that there are no corporations, companies, or rich individuals donating money of any kind to our movement.
Attachments:
Occupy%20DC%20-%20Molly%20Riley%20Reuters%20-%20banner.jpg

Posted by: Occupation Blogger ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:35PM

Start here for an overview…

http://theoccupywallstreetblog.blogspot.com

Boycott the bailed out banks…

http://bankofamericawatch.blogspot.com
http://citibankwatch.blogspot.com
http://fiacardserviceswatch.blogspot.com
http://jpmorganchasewatch.blogspot.com
http://wellsfargowatch.blogspot.com

Boycott companies using Experian, because Experian, as a matter of policy, sells data to convicted criminals and fugitives. This is a recipe for harassment and identity theft!

http://experianwatch.blogspot.com

Posted by: all the same, different name ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:36PM

http://biggovernment.com/jpollak/2011/10/26/revealed-occupywallstreet-public-relations-strategy-for-reports-of-violence-against-cops-blame-someone-else/

Nice YouTubes embedded in link above.

Big Government has learned that Occupy Wall Street activists and supporters are circulating this blog post from the left-wing site Firedoglake, entitled: “What to Do When the Media Says a Protester Attacked a Cop.”

The plan is simple: find someone else to blame for Occupy violence against police.

The Firedoglake post was published on Saturday, October 22. By then, there had already been several incidents of violence and attacks on police at Occupy demonstrations throughout the country. Moreover, it had become clear that some Occupy activists were determined to initiate or provoke clashes with police, such as those witnessed on the streets of Oakland last night.

Once posted on Firedoglake, the proposed public relations strategy for dealing with accusations of anti-police violence was then circulated via email to organizers of the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) demonstrations.

One activist suggested: “Might it be useful to put it out to the media that OWS is expecting infiltration and agent provocateur violence, and OWS is concerned about how it will play out, since OWS is peaceful?” (See below – email addresses redacted.)

OWS Media Strategy

The Occupy strategy outlined on Firedoglake consists of five steps:

1) Challenge the assumption that the violent protester(s) are actually Occupy Wall Street protesters…

2) Scour all the footage and photos you can find of the instigators of the violence at the protest…

3) Crowd-source the images and ask for help identifying them…

4) Write a post about it on a blog with info on the person(s) andtheir background…

5) Contact the media and point out who that protest was started by…

“That is what you do in this age of easy access to video, photos and social media,” the post continues.

The problem is that video, photos, and social media from the Occupy activists have often captured evidence of their own enthusiasm for violence and provocation.

Occupy activists sometimes try to edit out that evidence–as in the following example, in which a policeman is shown swinging a billy club at demonstrators:

However, that video appears to be an edited version of the one below, in which it is clear that the activists attacked the police first.

The first seventeen seconds of the second video are missing from the first. The last seventeen seconds of the second video–in which activists taunt police with profanity and shouts of “Whose streets? Our streets!”–are also missing from the first video.

It would be far simpler for Occupy to avoid embarrassment if it were a proudly and self-consciously non-violent movement.

But that’s not what Occupy’s leading organizers, like Lisa Fithian, want or believe. For the anarchists and socialists of Occupy–to whom President Barack Obama, the unions, and the Democrats are inextricably tied–non-violence is merely a dispensable tactic.

The sad truth is that there is no PR strategy slick enough to hide the true face of Occupy–not when so many Occupy activists are so eager to reveal it themselves.

Posted by: Slick Willy ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:39PM

A conspiracy of transparency behind Occupy Wall Street

The #occupy movement cannot lie.

Here in Freedom Plaza, reporters are constantly asking, “Who is behind all this? What do you say to the rumor that [so and so said that and so] is funding all of this?” The answer never seems to be satisfactory to them. “Nobody…Everybody?” They can’t wrap their minds around it. Or maybe they know their Editors won’t. Either way, it’s a shame, because that’s the real story. That’s the real breaking news.

Who thought of it first? Who cares. The mythical “Who”, if there was one, would probably report that many people, in many different places, felt the same thing at the same time. They felt it was time to act. One suggestion about what to do was to, say, occupy Wall Street, Tahrir-style. So some people tried it out, and it sparked a fire.

Freedom Plaza in Manhattan

From my point of view, the reason this movement took off is that our environment–physical, political, and emotional–has become so toxic, so corrupted, and so traumatic that something simply had to give. The #occupy movement was born because Life has a way of finding out a way to keep living. Life mutates constantly, and sometimes the mutation is beneficial. A leaderless, experimental, and nonviolent uprising is now thriving because idealism, proudly proclaimed and free from manipulation, found open and fertile ground in our collective hearts.

It isn’t without it’s problems. Neither is nature itself. It’s hard. Instead of relying on money, bureaucracy, and hierarchy, this experiment requires that we instead develop our patience, compassion and thoughtfulness.

This time, we are choosing to evolve. We’re steering this moment of evolution.

[PS: I started a tumblelog--or whatever you call it--that I'm using to report from #ows

Source: http://www.peacefuluprising.org/a-conspiracy-of-transparency-behind-occupy-wall-street-20111023

An Occupy Wall Street Book Is Being Created In Zuccotti Park, Using A Process That Mirrors The Occupation Itself
Posted by: Brothers in Protest ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:42PM

An Occupy Wall Street Book Is Being Created In Zuccotti Park, Using A Process That Mirrors The Occupation Itself
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/25/occupy-wall-street-book_n_1031721.html

How do you tell the story of Occupy Wall Street? An anonymous collective called "Writers for the 99%" is trying to do just that, creating a book for progressive publisher OR Books using a revolutionary writing method inspired by the movement's own democratic structure.

The book was announced yesterday, and OR Books co-founder, Colin Robinson, told The Huffington Post that their chosen writing method is both "terrifying and exhilarating." He spoke to us on the telephone from his home in New York.

Who are 'Writers for the 99%'?

I can't tell you at this point. They are a mix of people who are active in the occupation, and people who are supportive of it. Some of them are quite well-known writers.

Who approached whom?

We approached them. I've been going down to the occupation since it started, because it's such a great thing. I know a lot of people who are involved in it.

When did you think it was a good subject for a book?

About two weeks ago. It's going to describe what happened over the first month of the occupation. It's not an analytical book, it's too early to develop an analysis, I think. This is also not a neutral book, it's a book in support of the occupation.

While events are still fresh in people's minds, what we can do is put together their recollections on what happened. People's perception does change over time, which is one of the reasons for doing something so quickly. There's a kind of rawness to the fact that it won't have the benefit of hindsight to it.

We really want to give the feel of being involved in the action, and that extraordinary feeling of solidarity that you get when you go into the park. If we can convey that to an audience that hasn't been involved, then I think it will great in terms of helping to spread the action.

Is it going to be a guide on 'How To Occupy'?

I think that's going to be a large part of it. It's going to drill down into the daily detail of life in the square, which is a remarkable thing. They've constructed an alternative society in the middle of Wall Street.

I think the quotidian detail of what's happening there is very interesting - how the general assembly runs, how the kitchen runs, how they're running security, the medical center and the meditation center, all those things. We want to tell the story of how those developed, and to tell the stories of the people involved in them. I think, if this book's going to work, it's going to bring a lot of detail vividly to life.

What is the writing process?

We're going to do about two weeks of interviews with people who have been involved with the occupation, some carried out by people who have been in the occupation, and then we're going to spend two weeks with a team of writers, writing it as prose. We want to try and keep this as open and as participatory as we can, because that's the spirit of the occupation.

The shape of the book will be to some degree determined by the input of people at our meetings. It's not just going to be me sitting down deciding this is the structure of the book.

There will be discussion in open groups. We're going to try and operate it through the basis of consensus, the way the occupation does. You can't have consensus over every sentence of the book, obviously. But I think we can discuss it collectively and try to come up with an approach and a structure that the people who want to be involved in the book broadly agree on.

On the other hand, the occupation is a political movement, and this is a book, so you can't work in exactly the same way. In the end, a small group of people are gong to have to write it, because it's not going to be just reprinted interviews, it's going to be a narrative. To do that, you can't write by a committee.

Have you ever made a book in this way before?

No. (Laughs) It's an absolute nightmare. But I think there's something very exciting about it too. I'm a publisher, I've been doing progressive political books all my life, and I'm thrilled by Occupy Wall Street. I think it's one of the greatest actions that I've ever witnessed first hand.

So to try to bring the skills that we've got in editing and writing to help build the movement is something I regard as a great privilege. It's sort of exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.

How current will its content be?

We're talking about having copies of the book December 17th, which means we're going to have to have it typeset and ready to go to the printer in the first week of December.

We're very, very fast. We're quite different from other publishing companies, we only sell print on demand or eBooks via the internet. The rather protracted length of time involved in the conventional distribution system is not an issue for us, and because we're print on demand, we print much faster than conventional publishers.

Will you update the book as events develop?

We haven't decided that yet, but certainly our system of publishing allows us to do that very very easily, and we might do that. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Do you think that you will donate copies of the book to the ad hoc libraries that have sprung up as part of the Occupy demonstrations?

I do now! That's a great idea.

"Occupying Wall Street: The Inside Story of an Action that Changed the Course of America" (OR Books, $15 paperback/$10 eBook) will be published on December 17th. All profits will be given to the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Posted by: Jorge Suros ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:43PM

The Brains Behind 'Occupy Wall Street'

This isn’t the 60s. And it isn’t the pre-Iraq War protests either. Occupy Wall Street, supposedly, is different. It has no leader. It has no political action committee behind it. One can argue that the protests against Wall Street this month really started in Tunisia. That’s where the idea came from. But the guys who took that Arab movement and ran with it are based in Vancouver.

Kalle Lasn, 69, is their quasi leader. He’s the publisher and editor of Adbusters magazine. It’s a small, non-influential critical and artsy magazine with a decent following of around 90,000 who call themselves “culture jammers”. Occupy Wall Street began in the conference rooms at that Vancouver mag.

I spoke with Lasn in July, right after the new edition of Adbusters hit the news stands with the now famous image of a ballerina balancing on the Wall Street bull. Above her head read the Twitter hashtag #OccupyWallStreet. Lasn didn’t know what this movement would become. Just two and a half short months later, it’s the talk on The Talk, The View and every major news channel.

I spoke with him again this afternoon about this weekend’s European wide protest, the G-20 and a worldwide Robin Hood tax.

Kenneth R: The Washington Post calls you the leader of Occupy Wall Street. What do you make of that?

Kalle L: This is a leaderless movement. But the founding of the idea came out of lots of brainstorming here among our staff editors, photographers, freelancers and people on our list-serve. Back in the summer we were all talking about what we were going to do next with the magazine and we were all inspired by what happened in Tunisia and thought that America was ripe for this type of rage. We put feelers out on our forums. So it was relatively recent, in June, when we came up with this idea and launched the hashtag in mid-July with the magazine and then it just took off. Once that issue was published, we started putting out tactical briefings to our list serve.

Kalle is a man of the world, so it is no surprise to him or his network of culture jammers, that a Wall Street protest was conceived far away in Vancouver, Canada. That’s fairly close to the site where another surprising protest in U.S. history took place. The 1999 anti-globalization protests caught everyone by surprise in Seattle during the annual meeting of the World Trade Organization. Back then, the model was to attack corporate control over the public sphere like a pack of wolves. There was an alpha male and those who followed behind in a pack. The new model has evolved from a pack…to a swarm. Kalle gets inquiries and emails about Occupy Wall Street from London to Shanghai, but he’s not ringing his hands and sticking pins in a wall-sized map about where his next diabolical plan against capitalism will take shape.

Kalle was born in Estonia and moved to Australia when he was 7. He hit Canada in his 30s and has been in Vancouver ever since. He traveled to the U.S. for a year, back in the 1960s. We joked a little tongue in cheek. (This is me getting my Fox on.)

KR: Of course, you did. You were a hippy and you were radicalized in San Francisco.

KL: I went to a Jimi Hendrix concert.

KR: See.

KL: But it wasn’t the concert that radicalized me. I remember the people there were so alive. The young people in Occupy Wall Street are a lot like that.

KR: Seriously? Everyone thinks their movement is the one to really change things.

KL: You can’t think too rationally about this. These movements are best understood years after they are gone. We have a long history of movements that have just fizzled out, but I think this time it’s different. This movement has an edge. First, it is a global moment. We are all living in dire times. We are all facing major tipping points around the world. We are faced with a political crisis in the U.S. and concern that the U.S., with no help from Washington, is now in irreversible decline. The economy is surely in decline. So people see this, young people see this, and they wonder what their future holds for them given those circumstances. The future doesn’t compute. The backbone of the movement that helped end the Vietnam war was the fact that young people were faced with the draft. Their bodies were on the line. They could get scooped up from wherever they were and sent to Vietnam to killed by the Viet Cong. When your future is on the line, when your kids’ future is on the line, people will fight for what they want. Occupy Wall Street says our future is on the line. Is there a chance that this will all fizzle out? Yes, but I think over time we will pull it off and are getting our point across.

KR: Who’s on your side in DC?

KL: Nobody is on our side in DC. We don’t want to hop into bed with anyone. We don’t mind Al Gore saying ‘Hey, I like you guys’, that’s fine with us. But we are not going to hop into bed with the Democratic Party the way the Tea Party did with the Republicans. Once you do that, you’re dead. You align yourself with existing power players. The Tea Party got a few people elected, had a few protests, but that’s it. Now it’s our turn.

KR: Talk about divide and conquer. We have a long history of that in the West, when public movements are overthrown by splitting the public up on the issue. Should Occupy Wall Street guys and Tea Party guys join forces?

KL: Forget divide and conquer. It’s too soon for that. And it may happen. I don’t know. The good thing about the Tea Party is that deep down in their guts they understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with our system. But they want to recapture the past when there is no going back. Their target is the government. Our target is the people who run the government: corporations and Wall Street. If some Tea Party people want to come out and protest, please come. They know we have to take away some of the powers the financial markets and speculators have over our system. They know that we have to make money less important in politics or this democracy is in very big trouble.

KR: Where is this all going?

KL: We don’t know. We will see what happens in Europe this weekend. Social movements there have been planning protests for Saturday. We could have some Occupy Wall Street people involved in that, as well. Then on Oct. 29th we are thinking about protesting in Paris ahead of the G-20 meeting. Look, people of all ages are looking at their political leaders, they are looking at Wall Street or the London Stock Exchange and they are saying, ‘fuck you guys. You don’t know what you are doing. All you can talk about is stimulus and cuts and should we provide stimulus here or should we provide stimulus there.’ It doesn’t address the problem the financial sector has over our lives.

KR: What should they do?

KL: We would like to see a 1% Robin Hood tax on all financial transactions. We want to push for that. We want to kill some of the global casino and one way to do that is to slow down the fast money, the derivatives markets, the credit default swaps and exotic financial products that wiped us out in 2008; a way to slow that market is with a tax.

KR: This is going from being a national conversation to a global conversation.

KL: Lots of people are coming to our website from outside the U.S. and Canada. It is already a global conversation.

Kalle seems younger than his years let on. He’s as alive as the young protesters he’s talking about. So as a former reader of Adbusters, I had to have some fun with Kalle in the last few minutes of our call.

KR: Okay, I’m looking through an old Adbusters magazine and see that George Soros is on your editorial board. He must tell you what to write and give you money for all of this. Is he your main funder?

KL: Sadly, George Soros is not on our editorial board.

KR: He must be a subscriber and donor.

KL: I don’t know if he is a subscriber. I know he is not on the board. He has never sent us any money, though I wish he would. I liked a few of his books, though.

KR: When are you going to do an Occupy K Street?

KL: We’ll have to talk about that one.

Ya'll need to drink some more kool aid!
Posted by: Da Kool Aid Kid ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:47PM

"Occupying Wall Street: The Inside Story of an Action that Changed the Course of America"

Whut?? The only thing this is doing, is splitting the people into two groups...

Lowsy dirty hippie protestors.

Average working citizen who think the protestor are making things worse.

Posted by: Just Say "No" to Corporate Greed ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:49PM

Police and neighbors in some cities are starting to lose patience with the Occupy Wall Street protesters, who are preparing to settle in for the winter months. (Oct. 26)

Posted by: WORD! ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:52PM

In today's episode I ask "Who's REALLY involved in the Occupy Wall Street protests? Where are these people coming from? When will it end?" And on today's Moment of Clarity I read an email from a former marine that might just make you cry. Get the podcast at www.LeeCamp.net or subscribe for free on iTunes or get the Android app.

Posted by: Big Brother Isn't Happy ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:52PM

The Protests are starting in the USA and Big Brother is not happy. Please support our protesters and end this Elite run system once and for all.

http://www.occupywallst.org

http://givenoground.org/occupy-the-world/

Posted by: Mc Donalds ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:53PM

Just Say "No" to Corporate Greed Wrote:
> Police and neighbors in some cities are starting
> to lose patience with the Occupy Wall Street
> protesters, who are preparing to settle in for the
> winter months. (Oct. 26)
>
>
>

Swwwwweeet! da du dum dum dum, Im lovein it!

Posted by: whatever..... ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:58PM

WORD! Wrote:
> In today's episode I ask "Who's REALLY involved in
> the Occupy Wall Street protests? Where are these
> people coming from? When will it end?" And on
> today's Moment of Clarity I read an email from a
> former marine that might just make you cry. Get
> the podcast at www.LeeCamp.net or subscribe for
> free on iTunes or get the Android app.
>
>

Ok dude, get back on your meds.....not PCP.....

Posted by: Occupy Together ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:59PM

Working Group Proposal for Communication & Networking
October 20th, 2011 · Ella

People are occupying spaces in over 150 communities throughout the nation and many more worldwide. We have all become part of a network of people who are working together for something much bigger than any single person, idea, or group. The growth of this movement has been vast and rapid. As we are growing, it is important for us to be able to communicate with one another so we can support each other, share ideas, information and knowledge. This is how we will grow stronger. We have already seen a couple of locations start to form working groups taking on the large task of networking and opening up communication.

Occupy Together is humbly submitting a proposal for consideration: a working group formed by each general assembly that would communicate and network with other “occupations.” Since often times specific working groups from one area want to speak with similar working groups in another, ideally this new working group would be comprised of liaisons or a sampling from the others within the general assembly.

This is only a proposal, if and how these groups are formed and which communication tools they use is up to each general assembly.

Occupy Together is first and foremost a website to aggregate and accessibly distribute information. Outside of this, we try to stay as neutral as possible. We feel that we are simply serving a function as part of this decentralized movement. We never intended on being—and don’t want to be—any kind of organizer, voice or leader of this movement. We feel that we’ve made our intentions clear to everyone who has visited our site or has contacted us and acted accordingly.

That being said, since we’re at least loosely connected with all of the general assemblies forming around the country, we’re in a unique position to be monitoring and hearing what the current needs across the nation and world are. We feel that communication between general assemblies is crucial and is already past due. With this information presented, we felt it was outside of our scope and mission to be creating these communication tools. We did, however, see the urgency and necessity for them so we started talking with others who were beginning their development. When it comes down to it, we just want to be able to inform everyone of how they can be in contact with one another.

Here are some tools in place that can currently be used for this kind of communication:

One method of communication is a listserv. A listserv essentially acts as a way to mass email each other in a more organized manner.

Occupy Together has a listerv that is hosted on TakeTheSquare’s private server open to use. This listserv is already created and ready to go. There is also a listserv that was set up at interocc@occupyeverywhere.org for discussing communication strategies.

In addition to the listserv, an IRC room can be created where those involved with the working groups will have voice priority. Meaning, if the room gets out of hand the moderators can stop the chat so that those involved in the working groups are able to talk to each other. There is an IRC phone app that can be used for wider access for those who don’t have computer access.

For now, there is an IRC room at #occupytogether in chat.indymedia.org where you can come to discuss.

TakeTheSquare has offered assistance in setting up N-1, an open-source social networking program. They have used this extensively in the Madrid uprising.

Also, there is a voice-chat service that is being developed at OccupyGlobal.net. (can also be used on any smart phone)

Ultimately, Occupy Together is neutral on which tools are used to communicate. We just want to inform you of ways you may be able to effectively communicate. If these working groups do form and want to start by using one or more of these tools, they are available. If better tools or better ways of communicating come along they can be used at any moment.

EDIT:
Also, nycga.net just launched a new site with open discussion forums to communicate with each other and others. Anyone can register and discuss.

Several people have mentioned diasporafoundation.org which looks like a very interesting option! Again, what it comes down to is that Occupy Together doesn’t want to influence which tools are used or how communication is organized. We’ve just already seen a few locations take a similar approach as this and thought we should spark the dialogue.
Attachments:
Occupy Together.PNG

Posted by: take the power back....from? ()
Date: October 26, 2011 03:16PM

11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200 Los Angeles California

http://www.madetoorder.com/About/ContactUs.aspx

^^They are the listed registrants of the OWS Web site....

There office is located in get this:

http://www.regus.com/locations/US/CA/LosAngeles/CaliforniaWestLosAngelesExecutiveTower.htm

I think this is getting worse by the minute. Or this could be a giant psychological operation, but for what reason?

Date: October 26, 2011 03:30PM

Whole lot of copy/paste in here by people who don't know shit, whole lot of TL'DR.

DAMN!

Posted by: the answer is obvious ()
Date: October 26, 2011 04:18PM

My wife and I would like to help you with your little protest but we decided to really help the American economy, in particular, small business owners. Instead of sitting in the rain beating a bucket we are going to a Bed and Breakfast and visiting some area wineries and making purchases.We can do so because we have some disposable income from working hard for the past 34 years, starting out without anything and now being able to enjoy life from the 50 and 60 hour weeks we put in. Large corporations didnt screw us over.We saved, invested wisely and never lived beyond our means. Ill toast you over a nice glass of Merlot and good dinner. Maybe try earning some money and spending it would be just as easy as waiting around for the government to sort out your problems.

Posted by: Jamal ()
Date: October 26, 2011 04:39PM

Looks like it is time to order another couple cases of 5.56 from Cabelas...

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 26, 2011 04:46PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2013 01:09AM by chuckhoffmann.

Date: October 27, 2011 06:29AM

All, Just a Reminder....

The next "Occupy Fairfax Protest will be held at October 29. Starting at 9 a.m. Fairfax County Public Safety Center at the Public Parking Garage at 10550 Page Avenue, Fairfax, VA. Because this occupy event is so close to the Halloween holiday, feel free to wear your Halloween costumes. We will even a have "Best Halloween/Protester" contest. The winner wins all expense breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the IHOP in Centreville VA.

This will be a peaceful demonstration, so please behave accordingly. For more information about us, the movement, and answers to questions, please check out our FAQ at http://www.occupytogether.org/

Attachments:
Occupy-Wall-Street-posters-46.png

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:18AM

So you guys are going to clog up a garage that is used by people that need to go to the courthouse, probably because of tickets.

You guys are going to win a bunch of people over with that.

Posted by: ghost town ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:22AM

Clobbersaurus Wrote:
> So you guys are going to clog up a garage that is
> used by people that need to go to the courthouse,
> probably because of tickets.
>
> You guys are going to win a bunch of people over
> with that.

Hey tall guy, its on a Saturday, so not a soul will be around. But I hear you, the county should give these people permits at all.

Posted by: Amazed ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:26AM

I find it so amusing how these occupiers think that anyone gives a crap or that they are making any difference whatsoever

I drive past the dwindling campers in DC every day (on my way to work) and people simply ignore them like the homeless or pigeons or whatever else you see as you walk down the street.

I find it incredibly naive that the think that camping in a park is going to change anything and furthermore they can't even articulate what they want changed.

As far as I can tell they are mad that some people are rich and it's not them -- join the freaking club! I'm not rich either but I work hard everyday to change that. I don't want a hand out or a government that redistributes wealth.

Hard work and personal responsibility are what make this country great. So protest all you want, sleep in tents, whatever floats your boat let's be clear that you have zero impact on anything but doing so.

Posted by: high timer ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:29AM

Are you Occupy dickwads still around? Your fifteen minutes are up. Why dont you go Occupy an employment office and get the fuck off my internet.

Date: October 27, 2011 10:44AM

ghost town Wrote:
> Clobbersaurus Wrote:
> -----
> > So you guys are going to clog up a garage that
> is
> > used by people that need to go to the
> courthouse,
> > probably because of tickets.
> >
> > You guys are going to win a bunch of people
> over
> > with that.
>
> Hey tall guy, its on a Saturday, so not a soul
> will be around. But I hear you, the county should
> give these people permits at all.

There is a Fairfax County event that day, they are going to be there at the same time as that event so many people from the county will be there as well as the protesters.

Posted by: FRAUDSTERS ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:05PM

QUOTED FROM http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=43412.

Click for the rest of the article.

Article brought to you by: Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

Disgraced ACORN taints Occupy Wall Street with corruption
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
10/27/2011
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)

The disgraced community activist group ACORN, appears to have reared its ugly head once again. This time, in support of the Occupy Wall Street protests. As the unscrupulous and unethical activities of the reconstituted group are exposed, they taint would could otherwise be a growing protest movement in the country.
NEW YORK, NY (Catholic Online) - As reported by Fox news, the former director of the New York branch of ACORN, Jon Kest, and his affiliates are now canvassing communities seeking donations for various causes, then funneling the money to the Occupy Wall Street movement. They are masquerading as New York Communities for Change (NYCC).

The NYCC was formed in late 2009 after ACORN lost Congressional funding in the wake of scandal.

Fox news is reporting that they have spoken to several people, including homeless shills who have been recruited by the organization and paid $10 per hour to participate in protests. Fox news is making an effort to uncover the truth about the connection between Occupy Wall Street and the NYCC.

There is nothing illegal about fundraising, nor going door to door to do it. However, misrepresenting oneself then spending that money on a cause for which it was not collected is fraudulent.

The NYCC and ACORN are virtually the same organization. According to reports, they use the same offices and even old ACORN stationery. The NYCC has hired approximately 100 former ACORN affiliated staff from other cities, and is reputedly paying some of them $100 a day to participate in Occupy Wall Street events.

Posted by: Truth About Obama & OWS ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:06PM

The below is an interesting excerpt from: http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_212388076.shtml

Obama was elected President in 2008 because the nature of his relationship with ACORN and the illicit connection between his presidential campaign and ACORN's Project Vote were little known and his promise of hope and change and his soft-spoken, non-threatening manner masked what he meant by "fundamental transformation."

On August 22, 2011, Judicial Watch issued an important special report titled "The Rebranding of ACORN".

The 28-page report rightly concluded that (1) "rumors of ACORN's demise are completely false" because "ACORN lives on in the form of its affiliated organizations, such as Affordable Housing Centers of America, The Advance Group, The Black Institute, and Project Vote" and "ACORN's newly formed state organizations will continue to carry on...'ACORN's work of organizing low- and moderate-income folks"; (2) ACORN's bankruptcy papers "appear to be incomplete and/or inaccurate" and "investigators believe these papers do not account for tens of millions of dollars in ACORN funds"; (3) "Project Vote is clearly going to continue to undermine the rule of law and the integrity of elections through fraudulent voter registrations" and "has retained voter registration fraud-tainted staff," so "the scandal of 2008 is bound to be repeated in 2012"; and (4) "ACORN leaders at both the state and national levels seem to have systematically violated numerous laws, and yet, the Obama Justice Department, likely due to the president's personal and political ties to the organization, refuses to investigate."

The report focused on the rebranding of ACORN, but the key to defeating Obama is his ACORN history and lying about it.

Judicial Watch did state: "Barack Obama served as a former employee of Project Vote and has said publicly that he's 'been fighting alongside' ACORN his entire career. Despite clear evidence of corrupt and criminal behavior by ACORN and its employees, the Obama Justice Department has thus far failed to take any ACORN organizations to account."

In addition, Judicial Watch cited an article of mine, "Is Project Vote Really Nonpartisan?" to support this statement: "Without question Project Vote's objective is to help Barack Obama and other leftist candidates nationwide to get elected (or re-elected). ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief, a former Project Vote staffer, reported in 2008 that the organization was given a donor list from the presidential campaign of Barack Obama for fundraising efforts. Expect Project Vote to return Obama's generosity in 2012."

All true, but only part of the testimony that MonCrief has to offer.

See my "Why Obama and ACORN Fear Anita MonCrief" (October 29, 2008) and MonCrief's "ACORN Zombies, Obama and Stealth Socialism" (February 9, 2011) for what the liberal mainstream media does not share with you.

Posted by: OWS = paid protest ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:08PM

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ex_acorn_operatives_playing_role_s3zSPpX4NnFRoMpEGIxUBK

Ex-ACORN operatives playing role in 'Occupy Wall Street' movement

Last Updated: 4:29 PM, October 26, 2011

Posted: 1:39 PM, October 26, 2011

The former New York office for ACORN, the disbanded community activist group, is playing a key role in the self-proclaimed "leaderless" "Occupy Wall Street" movement, organizing "guerrilla" protest events and hiring door-to-door canvassers to collect money under the banner of various causes while spending it on protest-related activities.

Sources told FOXNews.com that the former director of New York ACORN, Jon Kest, and his top aides are now busy working at protest events for New York Communities for Change (NYCC). That organization was created in late 2009 when some ACORN offices disbanded and reorganized under new names after undercover video exposes prompted Congress to cut off federal funds.

NYCC's connection to ACORN is not a tenuous one. It works from the former ACORN offices in Brooklyn, uses old ACORN office stationery, employs much of the old ACORN staff and, according to several sources, engages in some of the old organization's controversial techniques to raise money, interest and awareness for the protests.

Sources said NYCC has hired about 100 former ACORN-affiliated staff members from other cities -- paying some of them $100 a day -- to attend and support "Occupy Wall Street." Dozens of New York homeless people recruited from shelters are also being paid to support the protests, at the rate of $10 an hour, the sources said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ex_acorn_operatives_playing_role_s3zSPpX4NnFRoMpEGIxUBK#ixzz1c1hcUFsQ

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:40PM

you NAZI's need to a fucking job ....

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 27, 2011 07:55PM

Troop Wrote:
> It is not that. You all may want to review the
> listed criminal charges under Virginia Code.

I see Muslim women wearing full burkas all the time. They never get charged. There's no exemption for that either.

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:17PM

Get the occupying done now, it'll be cold soon. I suppose the occupy Phoenix, Miami and LA will still go on, but doubt you folks will continue on up here.

Posted by: #occupyracism ()
Date: October 27, 2011 10:54PM

#occupyracism

Occupy Wall Street: It’s Not a Hippie Thing
Posted by: Bloombergweek ()
Date: October 28, 2011 06:23AM

Occupy Wall Street: It’s Not a Hippie Thing
Don’t be fooled by the drum circles. Today’s protests have more in common with the anti-Hoover 1930s than the antiwar ’60s and ’70s
By Roger Lowenstein
Bloomberg Businessweek
updated 10/27/2011 4:00:00 PM ET 2011-10-27T20:00:00
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45071151/ns/business-us_business/

For all its social snootiness, Wall Street has suffered far more from the meddling of members of its own class than from intrusions by those outside it. It was Franklin D. Roosevelt, an aristocrat, who held the lords of finance responsible for the Great Depression—securing legislation to establish the Securities and Exchange Commission, asserting federal authority over the stock exchange, and appointing a wealthy stock trader, Joseph Kennedy Sr., to ride herd. Not much better, from Wall Street’s perspective, was FDR’s Cousin Teddy, who as President prosecuted trusts as illegal monopolies. Or Louis Brandeis, a Harvard-trained corporate attorney turned crusader against the concentration of wealth and power.

These men changed the system from within, as have the ablest regulators in recent times. Arthur Levitt Jr., a vigorous SEC chairman under President Bill Clinton, was first the president of Shearson Hayden Stone. (Levitt is a member of the board of Bloomberg L.P., owner of Bloomberg Businessweek.) Paul A. Volcker cut his teeth at Chase Manhattan before running the Federal Reserve and becoming the gruff animating voice behind the Volcker Rule, which bans commercial banks from engaging in proprietary trading. It’s hard to imagine any of these “opponents” of Wall Street mounting a barricade. They didn’t need to storm the castle to know where the secrets were hidden.

In its very amateurism, Occupy Wall Street represents something new. Although it’s attracted some celebrities and well-heeled supporters, participants come chiefly from outside Wall Street. Many are unemployed or poorly employed. These are not bankers or reform-minded professors; these are also-rans in the capitalist race, upset with the system itself. Their chief weapon is neither eloquence nor argument, but their physical presence.

As critics have noted, the protesters are not in complete agreement with each other, but the overall message is reasonably coherent. They want more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, less profit (or no profit) for banks, lower compensation for bankers, and more strictures on banks with regard to negotiating consumer services such as mortgages and debit cards. They also want to reduce the influence that corporations—financial firms in particular—wield in politics, and they want a more populist set of government priorities: bailouts for student debtors and mortgage holders, not just for banks.

In its grassroots and leftist character, Occupy Wall Street bears a superficial resemblance to protests from the ’60s and early ’70s. But the Woodstock Era was different in ways that tell us important things about the current siege. Then, radical students preached an affinity with the “working class,” but it was rare that the students and any members of the working class actually joined arms.

Consider the morning of May 8, 1970, when 1,000 young people, mostly students, converged on the New York Stock Exchange to demonstrate against the killing four days earlier of four antiwar protesters at Kent State University in Ohio. I’d been at many such affairs (though not this one) in which “capitalism” and “corporations” were casually excoriated. Socialism, to many of my peers, was appealing; making a profit was not.

On that morning, the protesters demanded an end to the war and a cessation of military research on university campuses. Several hours into the demonstration, about 200 construction workers—wearing their hard hats for emphasis—began a counter, pro-war demonstration organized by Peter J. Brennan, president of the Building and Construction Trades Council of Greater New York. Around noon, the hard hats broke through a thin line of police, charged the students, and beat up scores of long-hairs, 70 of whom were hospitalized. Several Wall Street bankers and lawyers, in an apparent gesture of solidarity—the kids, after all, could have been their kids—tried to shelter protesters and were themselves beaten. Only six people were arrested.

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesThe Hard Hat Riot epitomized the battle lines of the era: protesters and workers on opposite sides. The former didn’t empathize with workers because the latter were judged to be pro-war, pro-Establishment, pro-U.S. government. And factory workers had little use for Janis Joplin or free love. The movement wasted little effort on corporate villains—and none on banks. The enemy was the government, the Defense Dept., and the select corporate contractors who did its bidding, such as Dow Chemical.

White suburban protesters were free to indulge their indignation because they were largely unperturbed by financial issues. Most were affluent, or at least middle-class, and upward mobility was a birthright. People feared the cops, the draft, authority figures in general—we didn’t fear unemployment. At 16 my peers and I discussed politics always; the stock market never. Young people expressed solidarity with nonunion minority workers such as migrant farm workers because theirs was a political struggle as much as an economic one. There was no solidarity with the teamsters.

Although neither side would have believed it then, it’s the hard hats who were the forefathers of today’s protesters. They were the vulnerable ones, and the next few decades would prove just how endangered their livelihoods would become.

Economically, the U.S. is a different country than it was in 1970—and it will remain so regardless of how long the Occupy Wall Street protests endure. In the America of the early postwar decades, economic progress and a plenitude of jobs were axiomatic. Today they are not. Then, blue-collar jobs in steel, autos, machinery, and similar industries lifted families into the middle class; today, new workers at General Motors are hired at $29,000 a year, and even people with college degrees are hurting. Median household income, adjusted for inflation, is no higher today than it was in 1989. During the just-ended economic cycle (ending before the bust), median income actually fell. Capitalism may have triumphed in China—even in Vietnam—but in America it’s in a quagmire. This is what has brought the protesters to Wall Street.

Zuccotti Park sits in the shadow of One Liberty Plaza, a soaring black skyscraper that’s home to Nasdaq, Goldman Sachs, and other financial tenants. In the ’80s, I used to play chess in the park with a dark-suited employee of Merrill Lynch who, when advancing one of the small pieces in the second row, would knowingly proclaim, “Pawns are people too.” Today, it’s the people who are pawns—or such is the rhetoric in Zuccotti Park. Merrill, then, was the people’s broker; today, as a result of its reckless speculation in mortgage securities, Merrill is a ward of Bank of America, which is staggering under the weight of its own mortgage miscues and is cited as a villain by many of those who are occupying Wall Street.

Although jammed with tarps, tents, a “mobile library” consisting of hundreds of books in plastic bins, the inevitable food station, and hundreds of people, Zuccotti Park has a similar feel to Speakers’ Corner, the open-air site for public orations in London’s Hyde Park. The run of opinions ranges from informed and specific—one morning a man in his 20s, recently laid off from teaching at a charter school, was holding forth against the tax break for “carried interest”—to rambling and unsophisticated. “It’s unfair how investment banks can print money and use it for what they want,” said Ryan Vener, before correcting himself and substituting the Fed for banks. Stan Rogouski, outfitted in a red and black lumber jacket, held a sign saying, “America Be No. 1 Again by Getting Rid of the 1%.” Rogouski said he hoped to put the corporate media, including me, out of a job.

Far from battling unions, Occupy Wall Street has their active support. David Martinez, a shop steward for Teamsters Local 814, has been shuttling between Zuccotti Park and Sotheby’s, the Upper East Side auction house that’s in a labor dispute with its art handlers. Martinez, in a green Jets cap, says the workers have been locked out and replaced by temporary staff since their contract expired in July. According to the union, Sotheby’s has offered 1 percent annual increases on the hourly wage, increased health-care premiums (which will match rising benefit costs), and continued contributions to the 401(k) program, but wants to cut back on hours, tighten overtime, and gain flexibility to hire nonunion workers. “The most evil part is that they want future workers to be temporary, not union,” Martinez says. Sotheby’s spokesperson Diana Phillips says, “We offered a fair contract with wage increases in every year. We very much want our union colleagues to come back to work.”

Martinez, the son of a fireman, will turn 50 in November. He graduated from Pomona College, an elite school in Southern California, got a master’s in religious studies from Yale, and started work on a PhD. He dreamed of being an artist while teaching religious studies; the closest he came was handling art for Sotheby’s, and now even that job is on the ropes. Martinez was vague about why his career plan didn’t work out, but he’s still a serviceable metaphor for the downward path of the country’s economy: fireman’s son to Yale University to “locked out,” all in one generation.

Martinez’s cohorts in the park speak a dialect (or dialectic) unrecognizable to the financiers who work in the neighborhood. Capitalism teaches that personal ambition is a social good; it does the work of the invisible hand, achieving gains for the one and growth for society. People in the park do not believe this. They have not seen the gains, and they do not think the top 1 percent should earn a fifth or so of the total income while others go without. They resent that corporations are organized for profit; indeed, they see “profits” not as the return on capital invested well, but as evidence that companies are overcharging their customers. At an emotional level they nostalgically yearn for a less “financialized” country—one in which markets are more regulated and with fewer opportunities for speculating on financial assets. Most bankers—probably even most people who regulate banks—think it’s good for the economy that banks have the ability to package mortgages into securities and trade them. The protesters do not.

To the extent that the movement offers remedies, most are unresponsive to the problems that inspired it. Wall Street suffers from two essential flaws. Most obvious is compensation: It’s simply too high. Not only does that create a sense of injustice, it incentivizes recklessness. (A related issue is that bankers are systemically unaccountable. Most firms are public, thus the risk-takers tend to lose neither compensation nor capital when risks go bad.) Secondly, the Street is increasingly indistinguishable from a casino. There’s far too much trading—a zero-sum game that rewards only traders and renders markets more volatile. And some trading, including in many derivative products, serves no economic purpose.

Those problems could be addressed by regulation—for instance, a Tobin-type tax on financial transactions, especially short-term trades. And to some extent, unnoticed on the barricades, they are being addressed. Dodd-Frank has raised the requirements for bank capital, thereby diminishing risk. The Volcker Rule will limit trading. Compensation hasn’t been fixed, nor has the perception that the government, if need be, will bail out banks. Still, bank trading is down, bank risk-taking is down, and profits are down. This is not a happy time for banks.

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesThis should please the protesters, but reforming the 1 percent will do little to fix what ails the 99 percent. High bonuses aren’t the cause of poor job growth or of steadily flattening wages. What contributes most to income disparity in the bottom and the middle of the scale are technology and globalization. People in San Diego and New Delhi now compete in the same labor market, and the connectivity created by high tech means that more Americans—even educated Americans—work in jobs that can be shipped overseas. According to research conducted by Matthew Slaughter, an economist at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, incomes are falling even for people with college degrees. David Martinez has one of the few jobs that cannot be outsourced (handling art), but he’s competing in a labor market in which millions of other people are vulnerable—and Sotheby’s knows it.

Globalization and technology do boost incomes at the upper end, since each allows economic winners to reach a wider market. But these gains are fairly earned. If Amazon.com is able to sell books in China—and the Chinese can sell computers in the U.S.—it’s unclear how, or why, the government should try to stop it. This is the great dilemma of the 99 percent.

The easy political responses—starting a trade war with China, or rounding up all the people who might be undocumented immigrants—won’t accomplish anything. Improving the educational system, investing in infrastructure, and incentivizing corporate investment would, but such steps will take decades, not weeks. If Occupy Wall Street plans on hanging in for real change, the protesters will need to start trading in their tents for drywall.

There are now protests flourishing around the country, including my hometown. Occupy Boston is at the foot of the financial district in Dewey Square, which is given over to scores of closely packed, brightly colored camping tents. On the same day I toured the site, Ben S. Bernanke visited the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, right across the street, though no one on the square seemed to know it. Nor did Bernanke wander over.

The message in Boston is the same as in New York, but with a more desperate edge. Stan Malcolm told me he had been working in flooring—an industry hit hard by the real estate slump—until 18 months ago, when his employer shut down. “There ain’t no work anywhere,” he said. Since then he has been doing day labor and eating at soup kitchens. I asked what he will do when the cold weather comes. Wasting not a syllable, he replied: “Bundle up.”

Posted by: You just got served, beeach! ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:59AM

Fact Checker Wrote:
>
> There is a Fairfax County event that day, they are
> going to be there at the same time as that event
> so many people from the county will be there as
> well as the protesters.

Not a soul I know will be there! Also what County event is happening at the Page Ave. garage? Next to the Jail?

Fairfaxpalooza?

Oh and BTW...

Here's a text-only version of the Fairfax County Government Event Map, which features selected government-sponsored events:
October 25

Merrilee Park Master Plan Public Comment Meeting
Meet the Author of "The Zombie Survival Guide" Max Brooks

October 28

Family Autism Night/Fall Fun Festival

October 29

Craft and Bake Sale at Lorton Senior Center

November 4

Library Presents "39 Clues" Author Gordon Korman

November 8

Election Officers Need for Election Day

Web site: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/eventmaptext.htm

Posted by: Carrot Top's Cousin ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:02AM

#occupyracism Wrote:
> >
> #occupyracism

This guy needs to occupy a barber shop!

XOXOXO,

Plum Crotch

Date: October 28, 2011 11:17AM

You just got served, beeach! Wrote:
> Fact Checker Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > There is a Fairfax County event that day, they
> are
> > going to be there at the same time as that
> event
> > so many people from the county will be there as
> > well as the protesters.
>
> Not a soul I know will be there! Also what County
> event is happening at the Page Ave. garage? Next
> to the Jail?
>
> Fairfaxpalooza?
>
> Oh and BTW...
>
> Here's a text-only version of the Fairfax County
> Government Event Map, which features selected
> government-sponsored events:
> October 25
>
> Merrilee Park Master Plan Public Comment
> Meeting
> Meet the Author of "The Zombie Survival Guide"
> Max Brooks
>
> October 28
>
> Family Autism Night/Fall Fun Festival
>
> October 29
>
> Craft and Bake Sale at Lorton Senior Center
>
> November 4
>
> Library Presents "39 Clues" Author Gordon
> Korman
>
> November 8
>
> Election Officers Need for Election Day
>
>
> Web site:
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/eventmaptext.htm

You absolutely suck, its right here on the Fairfax County Newswire as well as a million other events you "couldn't find". Jesus H Christ! Was your mother dropping acid when she was pregnant with you? Hahhahahaha!

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/all-newswire.htm

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/sheriff/news/safetyseat.htm

Attachments:
epic-fail-sports-fail-epic-forehead-weak-retard-demotivational-poster-1206344902.jpg

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: October 28, 2011 12:40PM

WeWhoCare Wrote:
> Your an idiot Wrote:
> -----
> > I hope you all go to jail, get a life and find
> a
> > more productive way to protest, annoying people
> > will only cause the public (like me) to think
> you
> > are idiots...
>
>
> To Mr. "Your an idiot," Mark J & Troop,
>
> Your an idiot - please learn to spell - "Your" is
> supposed to be You're.
>
> Second, if it wasn't for people standing up for a
> cause and protesting what kind of life would the
> people in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya (hopefully
> Syria) still be forced to endure.
> If you’re too lazy to participate then please
> sit down and shut up and go back to playing your
> video games. We’ll find people of character and
> strength to take your place.

Couple of things:

First - As long as you want to be the grammar nazi, you might want to know something about the subjunctive mood and the use of wasn't vs weren't

Next - think about this, those costumes you are promoting were most probably produced in a 3rd world country, clearly not a benefit to the American worker

And finally - if you think the results of the "Arab Spring" have produced such desireable results, well then I recommend you go and protest there. Please do come back and report on your experience.

Posted by: communist occupy ()
Date: October 28, 2011 01:31PM

The whole problem is that their platform is inherently communist.

They support unions. They support big government. They support heavy regulations.

They hate businesses that outsource.

They claim to be enslaved by the school loan lenders (not my fault they took the loans)

They are just irresponsible kids who want something for free.

Granted there was fraud on Wall street, but rather than focus on the actual policies (fannie mae and freddy mac low income home loans, perpetuated by US government) they focus on a long list of unattainable things (the majority which will make the economy worse)

Posted by: #OccupyRape ()
Date: October 28, 2011 01:54PM

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/15734592/activist-said-she-was-raped-at-occupy-event?utm_source=va&utm_medium=rec&utm_campaign=content

"CLEVELAND, OH (WJW/CNN) - Police are investigating an alleged rape at an Occupy protest in Ohio over the weekend.

The 19-year-old victim said she was among the activists at the Occupy Cleveland rally who stayed overnight in tents that had been set up across from Public Square.

She told investigators she was instructed to share a tent with a male known only as "Leland," who raped her during the night."

Posted by: What retards ()
Date: October 28, 2011 03:11PM

Do not know how to put in a child safety seat? Too bad the sheriffs office will have to deal with not only the illiterate, but with those occupy gangbangers!

The Public doesn't care about you protestors! You are all sodomites!

Date: October 29, 2011 09:18PM

Thanks everyone for the fine turnout today despite the weather. Also kudos for Fairfax County Police for being so supportive and understanding, truly a class act all the way!

Thanks everyone!
Attachments:
65680668.jpg

Posted by: hit the road ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:23PM

why were you not at the Lamb Center dishing out bowls of soup to the truly homeless and lower class, stupid punks.

I bet if asked to state one reason you are protesting and asked that it be backed up by facts you would be lost. Get a job then get back to me on how you feel about handing over your pay to a bunch of able bodied bums on the dole.

Posted by: Brian Williams double ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:27PM

What a massive crowd, must be at least ten protestors. Did the major media cover your event?

Please tell me the cops didnt assign more than two officers for this waste of time and space.

Posted by: I see ghosts ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:34PM

I will be glad when it gets really cold so all this OWS bullshit goes away and you find something else to bitch about.
Americans have it made compared to the rest of the world and certainly better than third world countries. Let me know the next time a dictator takes over or you live in a desert with no water, then you have something to bitch about

Posted by: Qwest ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:23PM

When does cable television become a basic human right?

Posted by: Half percent ()
Date: October 30, 2011 04:11AM

ON!, we ah so cleva, Dawling! I hope none too many of our charmin' supporters recognize us in the photo you posted of us stealing that young man's shoes! Anyway, with any luck, and continued positive feedback on our eBay "new and expensive" shoe page, we'll be in the .25% in no time! Xo

Posted by: Bobs ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:54PM

I'm glad that people are flexing their rights, for whatever reason, at least they are trying to bring attention to something that they are unhappy about.
Apathy is deplorable.
However, I hope that these people end up voting in state and national level elections (educating themselves on the records of all candidates beforehand, of course), so that we can start putting proper politicians (who follow law) in office en masse for once in this nation's history.
We'd have a lot less disgruntled people wanting to protest.

Posted by: sleepy ()
Date: November 02, 2011 02:22PM

Bobs Wrote:
> I'm glad that people are flexing their rights, for
> whatever reason, at least they are trying to bring
> attention to something that they are unhappy
> about.

As you are here, bravely posting anonymously from your chair wherever you are.

> Apathy is deplorable.

Agreed, firmly stating your position anonymously on an internet forum is the definitional opposite of apathy.

hypocrite much?

> However, I hope that these people end up voting in
> state and national level elections (educating
> themselves on the records of all candidates
> beforehand, of course), so that we can start
> putting proper politicians (who follow law) in
> office en masse for once in this nation's
> history.
> We'd have a lot less disgruntled people wanting to
> protest.

Posted by: STOP PROTECTING-DON'T GET ARRESTED ()
Date: November 03, 2011 07:28PM

ENOUGH already!!!!!!

I do not feel sorry for you sorry-dweebs protesting. Ok. People get laid off from time to time from jobs. Happens. Ok? Instead of walling around holding your signs and standing around shouting whatevers, please; do something for yourselves such as anything you can to get some type of education, get an education and apply for jobs. Do resumes. Persistance pays off. Apply like crazy until you get whatever you job you recognize you need. Take into consideration of what health and retire benefits the job has. Hours. Etc. Ok? Point is folks, stop protesting and take care of yourselves. No one's going to do those type of actions for you. If not, you'll end up poor and living on the streets homeless with nothing.

Posted by: STOP-PROTESTING-DON'T GET ARRESTED ()
Date: November 03, 2011 07:31PM

Typo in the screen name.

STOP YOUR PROTESTING AND CRYING POOR!!! GET A JOB EVEN IF IT MEANS GETTING A JOB YOU DON'T LIKE. IT'S BETTER THAN NOT HAVING A JOB AT ALL TO HAVE ROOFS OVER YOUR HEADS/FAMILIES AND FOOD ON THE TABLE. BETTER TO HAVE, SURVIVE THAN BE HOMELESS. IT'S AWFUL TO BE HOMELESS!!! DON'T BECOME HOMELESS OR YOU PEOPLE WILL END UP SUFFERING!!!

QUIT PROTESTING BEFORE MORE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.