HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
fireworks in chantilly area??
Posted by: fireworks ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:28PM

who is shooting off those fireworks in Chantilly?

not just a few, but a bunch... is there some event going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fireworks in chantilly area??
Posted by: Not Indian but... ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:51PM

Festival of lights...it's a Indian thing. It's was right on birch drive...your welcome

Posted by: gcjhvlvil;vilv ()
Date: October 23, 2011 01:55AM

Diwali.

Celebrated by over a billion people in the world.

Get the fuck off of Facebook and learn something.

Posted by: lur king ()
Date: October 23, 2011 10:52AM

I'm confussed by your response gcjhvlvil;vilv, who exactly are you responding too and whats your point?

Diwali or, popularly known as the "festival of lights", is an important festival in Hinduism, celebrated for different reasons, occurring between mid-October and mid-November. For Hindus, Diwali is one of the most important festivals of the year and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. For Jains, Diwali marks the attainment of moksha or nirvana by Mahavira in 527 BC.

Hindu refers to an identity associated with the philosophical, religious and cultural systems that are indigenous to the Indian subcontinent. As used in the Constitution of India, the word "Hindu" is also attributed to all persons professing any Indian religion (i.e. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikhism). In common use today, it refers to an adherent of Hinduism.

With more than a billion adherents, Hinduism is the world's third largest religion. The vast majority of Hindus, approximately 940 million, live in India Other countries with large Hindu populations include Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Fiji and the island of Bali.

Date: October 23, 2011 08:38PM

I was referring to the OP. I may be an Irish Catholic, but I know what Diwali is. In fact, I posted this AFTER I returned from a coworker's Diwali party.

Posted by: Diwali party? ()
Date: October 23, 2011 08:41PM

Please fill us in on the fun.

Date: October 23, 2011 11:37PM

Think of a Christmas party with friends...and throw in some fourth of July fireworks....and fantastic food.

My friends who host is annually are from India, but are very integrated into our culture...and like to share. Similarly, I invite them to my annual Christmas party. We have Muslim friends that attend both events, but those bastards never invite us over for Ramadan. :) They do invite us over at other times of the year however...and their kebabs fucking rock.

I am in software, so my office looks like the UN.

Posted by: fireworks ()
Date: October 26, 2011 03:40PM

TO gcjhvlvil;vilv: No one said anything about not knowing what Diwali is. Not everyone celebrates Diwali by shooting off fireworks, which is why I was wondering WHAT the fireworks were for.

TO everyone else: happy Diwali!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.