HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: FCPS school official's wife reams out kid caller
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: January 23, 2008 01:50PM

MGB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ferfux Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > my dad would seriously beat my ass if I did
> that.
> > Man there is a differance between speaking your
> > mind and invading privacy. that is clearly
> > invading privacy. sheesh.
>
>
> Yeah, but you like it when your dad does that.

no i like it when YOU do that and post it on youtube. but thanks for the big ups

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: re: Calm down ()
Date: January 23, 2008 01:56PM

What is wrong with this? The fact that the phone call has been playing on national news, not local news, national news, this punk should not get this kind of attention.

Posted by: Calm Down ()
Date: January 23, 2008 02:00PM

re: Calm down Wrote:
> What is wrong with this? The fact that the phone
> call has been playing on national news, not local
> news, national news, this punk should not get this
> kind of attention.

Your issue then, is with the media, not the kid. Unless this is Rupert Murdoch's or Ted Turner's kid, it is the media fueling this. It is posters on this site fueling it with three pages. You don't like the attention he is getting? Simple, change the channel, call the TV/Radio network, stop posting. It is pretty simple actually.

Posted by: ADVOCATE ()
Date: January 23, 2008 03:32PM

FCPS ARE OUT OF CONTROL WITH, POOR MANAGEMENT, BAD DECISIONS AND ALL THEY ASK FOR IS MORE MONEY.THEIR POOR DECISIONS FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS HAS LED TO SCHOOLS THAT ARE OVER CAPACITY AND SOME THAT ARE ARE UNDER CAPACITY.MR.TISDADT IS THE KING OF UNSAFE PORTABLE TRAILERS. THEY BELIEVE THAT JUST ADDING TRAILERS TO ANY SCHOOL FIXES THE PROBLEMS. WHAT ABOUT SAFETY, FIRE ALARMS,BATHROOMS, CONTROL OF MRSA, AIR QUALITY AND SECURITY FROM PREDATORS OF STUDENTS WHO LEAVE THE TRAILERS AND ARE FORCED TO THE MAIN BUILDING.

FCPS NEEDS TO ANSWER MORE THEN THE QUESTIONS REGARDING WHO IS OUT OF CONTROL, RATHER THEY NEED TO TELL US WHY SAT SCORES ARE GOING DOWN, WHY DO THEY HAVE HIGH DROP OUT RATES, WHY ARE THEY NOT DOING THE PROPER JOB WITH NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND AND WHY DO THEY HAVE A MAJOR BUDGET SHORT FALL AFTER SPENDING ALMOST 100 MILLION DOLLARS ON THEIR NEW OFFICE SPACE. MAYBE THEY SHOULD WORK OUT OF A PORTABLE TRAILER.

THEY NEED TO GO ASAP.

Posted by: kze600 from Michigan ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:13PM

just a couple things to think about, regarding this topic!!

1. what if the spouse that returned the call was married to a teacher?? would officals ask for a formal conf. with the faculty member??

2. who handled this situation better, the child who was looking for clarification to what defines a snow day, or the spouse who returned the phone. WHICH ONE IS THE ADULT??

finally I do not agree with the child calling the home, but thats what kids do and thats what makes them kids.

the problem I have is with how adults handle themselves under stressful situations when dealing with todays youth.

Posted by: Joanne L. ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:16PM

I would be ''TOTALLY'' embarrassed if I was this snot nosed kids parents - what a dumb ass ''punk'' he is. I just heard the message this lady left at his home from my radio station here in Montreal, Quebec. The concensus here was: Mrs.Tisdadt is a bloody H.E.R.O. Everyone phoning our local station agreed with her and what she did. I myself have two young children, but I can tell you if my husband or I ever found out they did something so moronic,we would surely tear a strip off them. This IDIOT needs to write this family a letter of applogy. Whinny snivley excuse he is ----grow up man !!!!!

Posted by: Pondering ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:29PM

Joanne L. Wrote:
> I would be ''TOTALLY'' embarrassed if I was this
> snot nosed kids parents - what a dumb ass ''punk''
> he is. I just heard the message this lady left at
> his home from my radio station here in Montreal,
> Quebec. The concensus here was: Mrs.Tisdadt is a
> bloody H.E.R.O. Everyone phoning our local station
> agreed with her and what she did. I myself have
> two young children, but I can tell you if my
> husband or I ever found out they did something so
> moronic,we would surely tear a strip off them.
> This IDIOT needs to write this family a letter of
> applogy. Whinny snivley excuse he is ----grow up
> man !!!!!

Holy crap, how did you find out about Fairfax Underground if you are from Montreal Quebec? Personally, I think the kid did not do anything wrong, he made a polite call after several attempts to get a hold of Tisdadt but have not gotten a response before making the fated call.

Posted by: Another Lee parent ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:40PM

Not only should Dean go, but Jack Dale and the entire school board.

They should have zero tolerance, just like all FCPS students must have.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:50PM

Holy crap, this is international news now? Damn

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:51PM

Another Lee parent Wrote:
> Not only should Dean go, but Jack Dale and the
> entire school board.
>
> They should have zero tolerance, just like all
> FCPS students must have.

The should just be Redisctricted to another school board.

Posted by: On the Radio ()
Date: January 23, 2008 05:03PM

AM 630 Hannity is about to replay youtube audio right after the break....

Posted by: YouTubeGone ()
Date: January 23, 2008 05:20PM

Incredible......as Hannity is playing the audio.....the you tube "video" was removed by user......gone forever.

Posted by: Lee Parent ()
Date: January 23, 2008 05:23PM

OK, time for a come to Jesus meeting about Dean Tistadt. Let's summarize his recent acomplishments, forgetting that he is married to a horrible shrew who should not be within 100 ft of a small child:

1. Dean is the one who pushed for the construction of The FCPS version of The Taj Majal-ie Gatehouse where Dale and The SB bobbleheads do whatever they do all day. This building cost us $60 ,illion smackers and is supposed to save us $47 million over the next 30 years. I have asked repeatedly for the "cost savings" analysis and have been told that none exists. Something smells fishy about this savings.

2. Dean is wholly embracing this concept of stuffing our kids into these trailers. We currently use 850 for our students. Many of our schools are underenrolled yet we use over 800 trailers. These trailers are not tested routinely for mold, etc, but only when someone complains of an illness. A new bond was recently passed to buy even more trailers-when will the madness stop?

3. Boundary war Part III. Yes, that is correct, Part III. Dean and his staff of halfwits totally miscalculated and botched the Westfield boundary, and then the SOCO boundary, and now they are at it again, with South Lakes. I say 3 strikes you're out! Why do we trust these people to get it right this time around?

I am not saying the guy doesn't put in the hours- but at some point we should demand competence.

I hope I struck a nerve out there with a few of you. You all need to wake the hell up!

Posted by: HAD ENOUGH WITH FCPS ()
Date: January 23, 2008 06:33PM

This is what we have with FCPS;

1. Teacher growing pot in his home and did he sell it to students and friends?

2. Teacher being arrested for having sexual discussion with what he believed was a 13 year old girl. Suprise, it was a femal detective.

3. We have a teacher calling a FCPS student after the student call her house.

The students has been trying to contact her husband regarding school policies

for the last two months, with know response. Her call was not what you would

expect from a mother or more important from a FCPS employee. She needs anger

management training in order to control her temper.

4. We have more and more FCPS officials who refuse to respond to any questions

by residence of Fairfax County. They are like the three monkeys who see

nothing, hear nothing and say nothing.

They need to understand who they work for and who's money it is.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:30PM

My retirement gig is security at a FCPS school....and to all that say, "Schools should have dismissed out early last Thursday"...it ain't that easy!

I work closely with the bus drivers, and have gotten to know many of them, and a LOT of them have other jobs during the mid-day. So, they are not available to drive buses until the normal dismissal time. How are the kids supposed to get home without a bus?

BTW, all FCPS buses carry a set of chains....they are a ROYAL pain in the ass to put on, but once they are, those heavy buses can go in some pretty deep snow.

Posted by: kze600 from michigan ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:51PM

TO ALL THE PARENTS AND TAX PAYERS OF THIS COMMUNITY:

ACTIONS ARE LOUDER THAN WORDS:
IF YOU REALLY MEAN WHAT YOUR SAYING WHY NOT POST YOUR NAME. A VOICE IS SILENT WITHOUT DIRECTION. YOU SAY THIS SHOULD HAPPEN OR THAT SHOULD HAPPEN--WHY? ARE YOU WILLING TO PUT TIME AND EFFORT INTO MAKING A CHANGE OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO SIT BACK AND COMPLAIN?? I'VE READ A LOT OF THESE POSTS AND WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING IS BEATING A DEAD DOG. INSTEAD OF LEAVING POST ABOUT WHO DID THIS AND WHO DID THAT. POST SOMETHING USEFUL. POST A MESSAGE THAT STATES I AM WILL TO MAKE A STAND TO IMPROVE MY CHILD EDUCATION. LETS US KNOW WHAT YOU GOING TO DO AND PUT THAT PLAN IN MOTION.

THIS MAN SHOULD NOT BE FIRED BECAUSE OF A PHONE CALL BY HIS WIFE. HE SHOULD BE JUDGED BY JOB PERFORMACE (WHICH I HAVE NO COMMON KNOWLEDGE OF). YES HIS WIFE MADE A MISTAKE, HEY WHO HASN'T. I KNOW I HAVE AND I KNOW YOU HAVE TOO. YES THIS WOMAN DOESN'T KNOW WHO TO COMMUICATE WITH OUR YOUTH, I UNDERSTAND THAT. ITS JUST TO FAR COMMON THESE DAYS. PRETTY SAD

TO THE PARENTS OR PARENT OF THIS CHILD, YOUR SON HAS TO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS. DOES HE PUT JUST AS MUCH TIME INTO HIS HOMEWORK THAT HE PUTS INTO FINDING OUT WHAT IS A SNOW DAY AND WHAT ISN'T?? IF YES CONGRATS BECAUSE HE SHOULD GET A FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO A MAJOR UNIVERSTIY.

I DO GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR STANDING UP AND DEMANDING ANSWERS. TO BAD IT WASN'T A USEFUL SUBJECT MATTER.

Posted by: Cat ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:52PM

Well, if it is true Ms. Tisdadt is a teacher herself, a closer look should be taken of her ... at least in this instance, she set a very poor example and to me sounded to be both unstable and unhinged.

I might add that I sure hope there are no guns in the Tisdadt household as the combination of a firearm and a nut with a hair-trigger temper is a tragedy waiting to happen.

I hope she gets help.

Posted by: Pondering ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:56PM

So now the news of the ill-fated call has reached across the US as well as internationally? Holy crap.

Posted by: A Parent ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:04PM

Lee Parent Wrote:
> OK, time for a come to Jesus meeting about Dean
> Tistadt. Let's summarize his recent
> acomplishments, forgetting that he is married to a
> horrible shrew who should not be within 100 ft of
> a small child:
>
> 1. Dean is the one who pushed for the
> construction of The FCPS version of The Taj
> Majal-ie Gatehouse where Dale and The SB
> bobbleheads do whatever they do all day. This
> building cost us $60 ,illion smackers and is
> supposed to save us $47 million over the next 30
> years. I have asked repeatedly for the "cost
> savings" analysis and have been told that none
> exists. Something smells fishy about this
> savings.
>
> 2. Dean is wholly embracing this concept of
> stuffing our kids into these trailers. We
> currently use 850 for our students. Many of our
> schools are underenrolled yet we use over 800
> trailers. These trailers are not tested routinely
> for mold, etc, but only when someone complains of
> an illness. A new bond was recently passed to buy
> even more trailers-when will the madness stop?
>
> 3. Boundary war Part III. Yes, that is correct,
> Part III. Dean and his staff of halfwits totally
> miscalculated and botched the Westfield boundary,
> and then the SOCO boundary, and now they are at it
> again, with South Lakes. I say 3 strikes you're
> out! Why do we trust these people to get it right
> this time around?
>
> I am not saying the guy doesn't put in the hours-
> but at some point we should demand competence.
>
> I hope I struck a nerve out there with a few of
> you. You all need to wake the hell up!

I am with you, Lee Parent. Personally, my 4th grader's class is in a trailer and I have a rising 9th grader in which we are in a boundary war and it reeks, it really does because of the way the study was carried out. Anyway, I have asked my 4th grader how she likes being in a trailer..she said she loves her teacher, but hates it when she has to step out in the rain or lousy weather if she needed to use the bathroom or go to the school for something. Soooo, when I heard about the description of the Gatehouse building where Dale, Tisdadt and these SBs work, my blood boiled just thinking about my kid and many other kids being cooped up in trailers while these nitwits enjoy their posh offices. Time to step up and say enough is enough!

Posted by: bender ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:45PM

The audio and story are now on the front page of Yahoo. Fairfax hits the big time.

Posted by: Jason Frazier ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:46PM

Does anyone have the address for the school at which Dean Tisdat is an administrator? I feel like writing a strongly worded letter to him regarding his wife's WAY OUT OF LINE conduct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:54PM

this thread is starting to take off. it would seem high school redistricting thread has given birth to this abomination.

parents + school + forum = pages upon pages of typographical vomit.

see you jerks on page 50! :D

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Cactus Jack ()
Date: January 23, 2008 08:54PM

I have a friend that works at the Chilis near the government center. She said the county workers would come in for lunch and sit for two hours. She really hated them because they were demanding and would leave very little if any tip.

Candy for a Baby
Posted by: Tisdadt's Fan ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:03PM

You GO girl! You've expressed what everyone over 30 thinks of this generation. There's too many lazy, spoiled, entitled teens, kids, and twixters who think they can skate through life with no responsibility or expectations. As a teacher myself, I have often wanted to talk like that to a student. THANK you for speaking for all of us!

Date: January 23, 2008 09:14PM

Above post states audio is gone from Youtube. I found it just by entering Tisdadt on the search option.
Being above 30 I am not a Tisdadt fan, at least not of his wife. First the call was not directed at her and second she works for the school system and I hope she has better control over her temper than she displayed here.
The student may have been wrong on calling the guys home but she was also wrong on leaving him an angry response that included name calling and a childish attitude.

Posted by: A.P.L. ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:19PM

Reading about this in Montana.

What an appalling lack of manners on Candy's part. There is no evidence the student did anything wrong, unless calling an administrator at home and leaving a polite message after he ignores your previous at school attempts is wrong and it certainly is not.

There is absolute proof, namely her own voice and words, that Cindy Tisdale was rude, belligerent, immature and inappropriate. I hope that she is mortified that the public is aware of her gross incivility. I am surprised to read that she also works in education. This woman does not belong anywhere near children.

The appropriate way to handle this was for Mr. Tisdale to return the call, apologize for failing to get back to the student earlier, and address his concerns.

'nuff said.

If people want something positive to come out of this little American "dog poop lady" incident, perhaps it will make Mr. Tisdale more responsive to the students that he serves, and perhaps someone could send Ms. Tisdalea nice "Etiquette for Dummies" book to help her avoid this problem in the future.

Posted by: Couple states away...but oddly intere ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:43PM

Hmmmmm...I've gotten to know (and become friends) with many, if not most, of my daughter's teachers over the years and they have been exceptional teachers. Thank God none of them (or I..and I'm OVER 30) have had such a sad impression of children (such as "Tisdadt Fan"). To categorize an entire generation that YOU are teaching as lazy, spoiled, etc... shows a lack of passion for what you do (and a lack of compassion, as well). Perhaps teaching isn't for you.
As for Candy Tisdadt... From the combination of words and tone, I get a vibe that SHE might be a little "spoiled" and "entitled" also. Maybe a bit of an "elitist"?? Perhaps a little arrogant as well??? I'd love to hear an opinion of her from someone who knows her (just curious).
My overall take on the situation... The Kid: Big deal, so he called their home phone. Biiig deeeeal. Sounds like he tried every other avenue to contact Tisdadt. And I'm betting this Tisdadt makes enough money to compensate for his many meetings AND incentive to return attempted contacts by a student.
Angry Wife: Lexipro

Posted by: First Timer ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:48PM

OK... this is the first time I have ever entered a forum, blog, chatroom, etc. However, I am a FCPS employee and was curious about this situation, so I googled it, and this site appeared. Perhaps this is the way things go on these types of sites - but wow there is a lot of misinformation going on here. I do not personally know Mr. Tisdadt - nor have ever been in the same room with him or his wife. However, I have been in education for 15 years.

1. I strongly believe that it is crossing a line to call any educator at home unless you have been given permission to do so. I go back to the widget description given earlier. It was a good analogy. Many people turned that analogy around and said that students are "employees" and they have to right to complain. Well... they are not employees, they are customers. They have the right to be safe and the right to an education. They have the right to complain - but not on someone's home phone. If you worked in a restaurant, retail store, or a variety of other customer-oreinted industries - you would not expect a customer to call you at home to complain - they complain at the place of business. Dave Kori is not an employee of FCPS - he is a student/customer. We are providing him with a service (thus a customer), he is not supplying FCPS with a service (which an employee does). I am not agreeing with Mrs. Tisdadt's actions - she should have had used better judgement - but we all have those days - and we do not know what was going on that precipitated her returning Dave Kori's call.

2. Several people have said that Dave Kori has tried for weeks to get a hold of Mr. Tisdadt to discuss the early closing process. It is CLEARLY explained on the FCPS website - there's even a video. Mr. Kori is quick to spout his first amendment rights, and several people here have jumped to his defense, referencing Dave's academic abilities. I have no knowledge of his academic capabilities or his "niceness quotient," however, he obviously is not paying attention in his 12th grade Government nor did he in his 8th grade Civics class, or he would have known the proper channels to route his questions and register his complaints. If you are going to use the Bill of Rights to provide your defense - make sure you know your responsibilities as a citizen to follow the procedures set by our government. For these procedures are what help to make us a civilized society, aren't they? (Before someone jumps in with "this is a school issue, not a government issue" - the format for inquiries/complaints to the district level in FCPS are very similar to those of the government - Dave has a Student Government at Lake Braddock, and I am sure there is someone at his school who is on the county-wide student government association - who could have provided assistance in going through the proper channels.) I do not totally blame Dave - it's today's media which has desensitized the world to what someone referenced as a "civility gap." The media would have no problem publishing an irate call that Michelle Obama or Cindy McCain could potentially make. So why would a 17 year old think it is wrong? I think the bigger issue in this entire scenario is --- not the actions of these two individuals - but what it says about our society and what our society is willing to accept as appropriate behavior. However, I am much more concerned about the actions of Dave Kori - he started the process, and he is the one who brought it to the attention of the world by posting information on the web (or supplying a friend with the message to post).

3. As far as the whole snow situation - I don't think any schools in the area closed early on that date! Also, because we are so immense - the decision has to be made by 10 AM - in order to get all the buses to their THREE schools - elementary, middle, and high and then get all those kids home. There was no snow at 10 AM.

4. Jason Frazier - you obviously know nothing about this or our school system - so why would you think it is appropriate to write to Mr. Tisdadt? FYI - he is not in a school - he is in one of the central offices for our county.

5. Cactus Jack - what does the government center have to do with FCPS - FCPS employees do not work at the government center in Fair Oaks. They work at Gatehouse in Annandale. I know several people in a central office - and those employees do not have time for two hour lunches.

Now we see why I haven't ever participated in these things... I tend to ramble.

Posted by: FCPS PR GURU ()
Date: January 23, 2008 09:57PM

Here's a good response from FCPS typical of the arrogance..

Dave Kori,

You brought this on yourself when you put the phone-mail message on the website (along with, I understand, Mr. Tistadt's home phone number, leading to further harassing calls from other young people). Calling his home is in itself harassment. What you call a "generation gap" is a civility gap. Others your age understand what is acceptable and what is not in these situations.

I hope that you learn some manners from this incident but fear from your self-righteous e-mail that you will not.

Paul Regnier, Coordinator
Community Relations
Fairfax County Public Schools

Posted by: FED UP ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:19PM

Once again we have FCPS officials not willing to take the blame for anything.

CIVILITY GAP, I believe the gap is with you and other FCPS officials when you refuse to answer questions and when you hold meetings where you control the meeting by breaking residences into small groups and hide behind closed doors.

Just look back at the boundary meetings for who has the CIVILITY GAP.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:28PM

bender Wrote:
> Above post states audio is gone from Youtube. I
> found it just by entering Tisdadt on the search
> option.

Wow! Imagine what you would find if you could spell his name!

Posted by: ANGER MANAGEMENT ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:31PM

The problem is not the first call, but rather a no response from a FCPS official and the unprofessional way his wife responded. I believe she should not be around children and students anymore. Also, who does Tistadt think he is when he refuses to return emails and phone calls. ELITIST'S

Posted by: taxpayer to people not from here ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:33PM

This is one of the largest school districts in the country in one of the richest counties in the USA. They have so much money that this school system added a 600 kid addition to building and now says they don't want to use it. They are adding onto a school far away from where some of the people live to avoid sending them to schools with higher numbers of minorities. bussing almost 15 miles instead of as low as 1.5. All of this area is suburbs. The school bussed to has many important people's children like possibly your house of reps types of kids, major national players etc.

You have no idea of the level of BS we have here - trailers? Most areas of the country would be astonished at the level of waste but here there is no one to ven complain to.
Plus our property taxes have more than doubled in a brief period.
kze600 from michigan Wrote:
> TO ALL THE PARENTS AND TAX PAYERS OF THIS
> COMMUNITY:
>
> ACTIONS ARE LOUDER THAN WORDS:
> IF YOU REALLY MEAN WHAT YOUR SAYING WHY NOT POST
> YOUR NAME. A VOICE IS SILENT WITHOUT DIRECTION.
> YOU SAY THIS SHOULD HAPPEN OR THAT SHOULD
> HAPPEN--WHY? ARE YOU WILLING TO PUT TIME AND
> EFFORT INTO MAKING A CHANGE OR ARE YOU JUST GOING
> TO SIT BACK AND COMPLAIN?? I'VE READ A LOT OF
> THESE POSTS AND WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING IS BEATING
> A DEAD DOG. INSTEAD OF LEAVING POST ABOUT WHO DID
> THIS AND WHO DID THAT. POST SOMETHING USEFUL.
> POST A MESSAGE THAT STATES I AM WILL TO MAKE A
> STAND TO IMPROVE MY CHILD EDUCATION. LETS US KNOW
> WHAT YOU GOING TO DO AND PUT THAT PLAN IN MOTION.
>
>
> THIS MAN SHOULD NOT BE FIRED BECAUSE OF A PHONE
> CALL BY HIS WIFE. HE SHOULD BE JUDGED BY JOB
> PERFORMACE (WHICH I HAVE NO COMMON KNOWLEDGE OF).
> YES HIS WIFE MADE A MISTAKE, HEY WHO HASN'T. I
> KNOW I HAVE AND I KNOW YOU HAVE TOO. YES THIS
> WOMAN DOESN'T KNOW WHO TO COMMUICATE WITH OUR
> YOUTH, I UNDERSTAND THAT. ITS JUST TO FAR COMMON
> THESE DAYS. PRETTY SAD
>
> TO THE PARENTS OR PARENT OF THIS CHILD, YOUR SON
> HAS TO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS. DOES HE PUT JUST
> AS MUCH TIME INTO HIS HOMEWORK THAT HE PUTS INTO
> FINDING OUT WHAT IS A SNOW DAY AND WHAT ISN'T??
> IF YES CONGRATS BECAUSE HE SHOULD GET A FULL
> SCHOLARSHIP TO A MAJOR UNIVERSTIY.
>
> I DO GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR STANDING UP AND
> DEMANDING ANSWERS. TO BAD IT WASN'T A USEFUL
> SUBJECT MATTER.

Posted by: FCPS Student ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:42PM

>First Timer

It started to snow way before 10 AM. Just to let you know.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:02PM

1. The kid was wrong for calling this guy's house at 4 am.

2. The wife was wrong for leaving a voice mail berating the kid for making the call.

3. The media are wrong for turning this inane topic into a national news story when real news is being ignored (people losing homes due the the sub-prime mess, the military build up in China, the crackdown on liberties in Russia, Darfur).

Frankly, I think the media are acting more immature and out of control than either the kid or the wife in this situation.

Posted by: UNSAFE CODITIONS ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:03PM

Mr. Tistadt in not only in charge of snow decisions but also puts our students in unsafe conditions by having them attend class in portable trailers.

Phone calls are just a small part of his problems.

ONCE AGAIN FCPS OFFICIALS FAIL TO TAKE ACTION IN ORDER TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF THAT ATTEND CLASS IN UNSAFE PORTABLE TRAILERS.

THEY FORCE OUR CHILDREN TO ATTEND CLASS IN THESE UNITS, WHEN THEY GO TO WORK EACH DAY IN A BUILDING THAT COSTS THE TAX PAYERS OF THIS COUNTY ALMOST 100 MILLION DOLLARS.

WITH 100 MILLION DOLLARS HOW MANY SCHOOLS COULD HAVE BEEN BUILT IN ORDER TO GET THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS OUT OF UNSAFE UNITS?

TO ALL ON THE BLIND COPY LIST SEND TO ALL WHO CARE AND WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE FAILURES OF THE FCPS SYSTEM.

Mr. Dale
Mr. Storck and the FCPS School Board

Since you refuse to do any of the following, I believe you are putting students in harms way who attend class in these unsafe portable units.

1. Ensure that ventilation units operate properly.

2. Ensure there are no obstructions blocking air intakes.

3. Check for nest and droppings near outdoor air intakes.

4. Determined that dumpters are located away from doors, windows, and outdoor air intakes.

5. Check potential sources of air contaminants near portable trailer.

6. Ensure that vehicles avoid idling near outdoor air intakes.

7. Minimize pesticide application.

8. Ensure proper drainage away from building.

9. Ensure that there are no signs of MOLD AND MILDEW GROWTH.

10. Check for peeling and flaking paint (if the portable trailer was built before 1980, this could be a LEAD HAZARD.

11. Do indoor air quality test in portable classrooms.

One of your jobs is to keep the students of the FCPS system SAFE. By doing nothing, your policy is to not test so you will not know if there is unsafe conditions.

SOUNDS LIKE DO NOT ASK, DO NOT TELL.

I care about the safety of the students in the FCPS system. THE QUESTION FOR YOU IS, DO YOU CARE? IF YOU DO YOU WILL TEST.

Posted by: unsafe ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:15PM

FCPS have more then phone call problems.

This is what I know;

FCPS has 15,000 students who attend school in almost 1,000 portable class rooms every day.
FCPS does not perform any air quality test in any of these 1,000 portable class rooms.
FCPS does not perform any inspections of these portable class rooms either inside or out.
FCPS does not have security of students that must walk between these portable units and the main building and back.
FCPS does not have fire alert systems in these units.
FCPS has some schools that have to many students.
FCPS has some schools that do not have enough students.

What do we need to know;

What short term plan does FCPS have to reduce the number of students in these units?
What long term plan does FCPS have to eliminate these portable units?
Why does FCPS not test the air quality in these units?
Why does FCPS not perform inside and outside inspections of these units?
Why does FCPS not insure security of students that move between the portable units and the main building?
Why does FCPS not have fire alarms in these portable units?
Why does FCPS have school with to many students?

Posted by: Laughing in Indiana ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:17PM

I wonder if Mrs. Tisdadt regrets making a complete and utter ass of herself. I would be so imbaressed if I were this women.... hello Mrs. Tisdadt welcome to "YouTube." Why on earth would they not have a non-published phone number? All the lady had to do was not answer the phone and let it go into VM. Or maybe she doesn't know VM exists yet.

Posted by: KZE FROM MICHIGAN ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:21PM

WOW R YOU KIDDING ME???
TRAILERS///600 KID ADDITION--IS IT EMPTY? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY USING IT FOR?

HOW SAD, SOUNDS LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHICH SIDE OF 8 MILE YOU GREW UP ON.!!

IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW OUR LEADERS CAN FAIL US.

Posted by: Graviis ()
Date: January 23, 2008 11:59PM

Candy Tisdadt has been revealed for the arrogant, mean, nasty, vicious, hateful bully that she is. It's sad, tragic, and frightening that she works in the school system.

Date: January 24, 2008 12:00AM

I have a feeling Mrs. Tisdadt's outburst is going to end up costing her husband his job.

Thanks, sweety.

Dumb beeyatch.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:04AM

Lee Parent Wrote:
> a small child:
>
> savings.
>
>
> this time around?
>
>

Dean works for the SB. They decide boundaries, Dean just carries out what they tell him to do. The School board also decides the budget and the CIP. The board runs the schools, staff just does what they're told by the school board.

Date: January 24, 2008 12:06AM

unsafe Wrote:
> FCPS have more then phone call problems.
>
>
> This is what I know;
>
> FCPS has 15,000 students who attend school in
> almost 1,000 portable class rooms every day.
> FCPS does not perform any air quality test in any
> of these 1,000 portable class rooms.
> FCPS does not perform any inspections of these
> portable class rooms either inside or out.
> FCPS does not have security of students that must
> walk between these portable units and the main
> building and back.
> FCPS does not have fire alert systems in these
> units.
> FCPS has some schools that have to many students.
> FCPS has some schools that do not have enough
> students.
>
> What do we need to know;
>
> What short term plan does FCPS have to reduce the
> number of students in these units?
> What long term plan does FCPS have to eliminate
> these portable units?
> Why does FCPS not test the air quality in these
> units?
> Why does FCPS not perform inside and outside
> inspections of these units?
> Why does FCPS not insure security of students that
> move between the portable units and the main
> building?
> Why does FCPS not have fire alarms in these
> portable units?
> Why does FCPS have school with to many students?

Ask the School Board the county voters just re elected by large margins. You get the government that you deserve.

Date: January 24, 2008 12:07AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> 1. The kid was wrong for calling this guy's house
> at 4 am.
>
> 2. The wife was wrong for leaving a voice mail
> berating the kid for making the call.
>
> 3. The media are wrong for turning this inane
> topic into a national news story when real news is
> being ignored (people losing homes due the the
> sub-prime mess, the military build up in China,
> the crackdown on liberties in Russia, Darfur).
>
> Frankly, I think the media are acting more
> immature and out of control than either the kid or
> the wife in this situation.

The kid called at noon. I hear the story made the early morning national television news programs, complete with call in comments. Not a good thing for FCPS.

Date: January 24, 2008 12:08AM

I wonder why the youtube audio was removed? It's a bit late now.

Posted by: Im cool ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:46AM

WashingToneLocian
Date: January 24, 2008

I have a feeling Mrs. Tisdadt's outburst is going to end up costing her husband his job.

Thanks, sweety.

Dumb beeyatch.

Dumb bitch, is probably what you meant to write. Or, do you think its cool to be a black gangster piece of shit?

Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: January 24, 2008 05:50AM

KZE FROM MICHIGAN Wrote:
> WOW R YOU KIDDING ME???
> TRAILERS///600 KID ADDITION--IS IT EMPTY? WHAT THE
> HELL ARE THEY USING IT FOR?
>
> HOW SAD, SOUNDS LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHICH
> SIDE OF 8 MILE YOU GREW UP ON.!!
>
> IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW OUR LEADERS CAN FAIL US.

They built a 2500 kid school [Westfield]less than 10 years ago and stuffed it - then just finished the 600 kid addition [might not even be fully occupied now] while at the same time renovating and expanding another school[South Lakes]. That school was so empty it could fit about 700 more kids. They put an addition on that to for a 2 story art wing. The far away school has people so close to another school [Herndon]in suburbia they can hear the roar of a crowd and the band at a football game but they are bussed far away. They are getting an addition - but there was a delay due to a run-off problem with the site. The reality was the administrators allowed a contractor buddy or booster club friend to dump about 200 trucks of fill behind the school[Langley]. No permit and it's on the watershed [?] backing up to the Potomac River. The Redskins owner Dan Snyder messed with The River by cutting down trees to get a better view and got into all sorts of messes complete with news articles.
Heard of Mount Vernon? There's a high school here by that name and it's renovated and so under filled you could have a middle school in it also.
Tonight they will be voting on whether or not to chnage the line-up for renovating schools in deplorable condition to build a new middle school when a few hundred of those kids could go to a school next door - in fact live closer than many who go to that school. Lake Braddock is newly renovated and has an addition for them. Add to this the 100 million dollar luxury building for administrators while kids are in trailers.

There is a pesky "little" Federal law about sending kids to schools closest to their residence related to anti-discrimination.

Posted by: TAXPAYER 2 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 06:06AM

Not only are your children in harms way by out of controlled FCPS officials via phone calls, read below how FCPS are doing nothing to protect your child from sexual predators.

Mr. Dale
Mr. Storck

You need to protect all students in FCPS from sexual predators. Mr. Curran has indicated to me that coaches, assistants and helpers can come in contact with students by having one coach vouch for another coach/ assistants without no background check or have them certify that they have not been convicted of any offense involving the SEXUAL MOLESTATION OR PHYSICAL OR SEXUAL ABUSE OR RAPE OF A CHILD.

By you allowing the above policy, students are in harms way by potential predators.

Please change the above and have all who come in contact with FCPS students are required to have background checks performed.

Waiting on you to do the right thing,

Posted by: TAXPAYER 3 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 06:13AM

More evidence that FCPS does not protect your child.

TO ALL FCPS OFFICIALS AND THE SCHOOL BOARD

THE BELOW CERTIFICATION AND SIGNED STATEMENT BY INDIVIDUALS WHO COACH, IS USED BY FCPS TO PROTECT OUR STUDENTS FROM SEXUAL MOLESTERS OR, SEXUAL ABUSE OR RAPE OF CHILDREN.

"I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY OR ANY OFFENSE INVOLVING THE SEXUAL MOLESTATION OR PHYSICAL OR SEXUAL ABUSE OR RAPE OF A CHILD: AND THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME OF MORAL TURPITUDE [LYING OR STEALING)."

THIS WAS PROVIDE TO US BY MR. CURRAN AS ONE OF THE WAYS FCPS PROTECTS STUDENTS FROM SEXUAL PREDATORS.

PLEASE STOP THIS PRACTICE ASAP.

Posted by: TAXPAYER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS ()
Date: January 24, 2008 06:26AM

Once again the school board and Jack Dale have failed to do their job. They are good at approval of plush office space for themselves, but refuse to protect the students in FCPS from possible sexual predators.

Mr.Jack Dale
Mr. Storck

Please review the attached and tell me based on what happen yesterday should we:

Review, remove, or change Policy 1530, school board, Dated July, 1 1986.

In today's world with sexual predators, should you allow moral turpitude contracts?

It states in part the following:

I hereby certify that I have not been convicted of a felony or any offense involving the sexual molestation or physical or sexual abuse or rape of a child: and that I have not been convicted of a crime or moral turpitude (lying or stealing). IS THIS STATEMENT A JOKE? I guess all FCPS students should feel safer with this statement?

Based on the above is FCPS not doing background checks and just taking someone's word? Watch out, you are asking for a lawsuit if you allow this policy to continue.

I believe Mr. Curran has mixed up event volunteers with volunteers who come in contact with student/players daily and help school coaches. He also states in the attached that coaches can VOUCH For these assistants/volunteers. Who is liable in the event that someone who is vouched for or signs a statement molest a child?

This problem has been brought to the attention of FCPS officials for the last year and have been stonewall to date.

We believe that all who come in contact with students/players must have background checks performed.

This email is a record of this very serious problem that FCPS is permitting.

Since you have taken the position that you do not have to deal with or respond to issues, we will continue to bring issues to your attention for the record.

PS WE BELIEVE THAT SAFETY OF THE STUDENTS IN FCPS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST FOR MR.DALE AND THE ENTIRE SCHOOL BOARD.

Posted by: NATIONAL DISGRACE ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:17AM

FYI

It is 6:40 am on 1/24/08 and Fox news is providing the complete story of the now infamous phone call by one of your employees. They provided pictures of Mr. Tistadt and the entire verbal assault on a FCPS student by one of your employees.

Way to go, you may be one of the largest school systems in the nation that has made national news in such a negative way by not responding to questions from students and not dealing with employees who are out of control.

Seems like the above is how you operate. ARE YOU A GROUP OF ELITIST WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE RESIDENCES WHO YOU WORK FOR?

THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE A GOOD ONE FOR YOUR CHANNEL 21. You could hold interviews with the student and his family and bring in all FCPS employees who were involved in this political disaster.

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:23AM

NATIONAL DISGRACE Wrote:
> FYI
>
> It is 6:40 am on 1/24/08 and Fox news is providing
> the complete story of the now infamous phone call
> by one of your employees. They provided pictures
> of Mr. Tistadt and the entire verbal assault on a
> FCPS student by one of your employees.
>
> Way to go, you may be one of the largest school
> systems in the nation that has made national news
> in such a negative way by not responding to
> questions from students and not dealing with
> employees who are out of control.
>
> Seems like the above is how you operate. ARE YOU A
> GROUP OF ELITIST WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE
> RESIDENCES WHO YOU WORK FOR?
>
>
> THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE A GOOD ONE FOR YOUR CHANNEL
> 21. You could hold interviews with the student and
> his family and bring in all FCPS employees who
> were involved in this political disaster.

And also watch Channel 21 for the public hearings on the South Lakes boundary change--it is on Jan 30 & 31 I believe at 7:30 pm. I could be wrong about the time though.

Posted by: RAT'Z AZZ ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:25AM

It is a National Disgrace that you can't read or watch and comprehend.

It was the employee's WIFE that laid the little smart ass crybaby liberal in training, low. NOT THE EMPLOYEE you LEFTARD. You thought you had an opportunity to bash the local school admin and you have failed miserably, go back to the school redistricting post where you belong and take your other whiner friends with you.

Posted by: YEP 2 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:01AM

TO ALL FCPS Officials and the entire School Board

What are you going to do about the racial and economic imbalances in the following schools?

The bottom 9 schools (South Lakes, West Pot, Hayfield, Edison, Lee, Falls Church, Mt Vernon, Annandale and Stuart) have the following averages:

36% White, 19% Black and 24% Latino.

The racial breakdown among all FCPS students is as follows:

White 50.2%
Asian 17.40%
Black 10.80%
Latino 16.00%
Other 4.90%

You need to do more than just redistrict some schools, because you are just scratching the surface of the racial imbalances in FCPS. Your goal should be that you schools reflect the county's demographics.

The top 8 schools (Madison, Langley, Oakton, Robinson, McLean,Woodson, Chantilly and Westfield have the following averages:

White 66%
Black 4.76%
Latino 7%

So these schools have half the FCPS proportion of Blacks students and less than half the proportion of Latino students.

Do we have segregated schools in FCPS? Are schools made up of the haves and the have not?

The key question is who allowed this to happen and what are you going to do about bringing racial balance to the entire FCPS system?

Date: January 24, 2008 08:04AM

Im cool Wrote:
> WashingToneLocian
> Date: January 24, 2008
>
> I have a feeling Mrs. Tisdadt's outburst is going
> to end up costing her husband his job.
>
> Thanks, sweety.
>
> Dumb beeyatch.
> ___________________________
>
> Dumb bitch, is probably what you meant to write.
> Or, do you think its cool to be a black gangster
> piece of shit?

What the hell are you talking about? People throw beeyatch around like they throw arse around. Beeyatch has become the kindler, gentler "bitch."

Date: January 24, 2008 08:20AM

YEP 2 Wrote:
> TO ALL FCPS Officials and the entire School Board
>
> What are you going to do about the racial and
> economic imbalances in the following schools?...
> The top 8 schools (Madison, Langley, Oakton,
> Robinson, McLean,Woodson, Chantilly and Westfield
> have the following averages:
>
> White 66%
> Black 4.76%
> Latino 7%...

Racial Balance? FCPS does whatever it feels like doing and with a DOJ attorney as one of the leaders in the charge.

There's a pesky little federal thing about schools closest to residences and where students are assigned to attend if they're in the same school district[called division in Virginia]:

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/edo/filecomp.htm

"d. Assignment to other than the school closest to residence within the school district of residence which results in greater segregation on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin."

About 8 schools got IB and many are mentionned on the demographics list in another post- it has come up that they are the schools who got IB because they didn't have AP solidly in place and IB trained staff etc to teach. It's like the suburban version of Edison schools in these parts.

These are not inner city ghetto schools.

Posted by: YEP 3 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:24AM

Why has FCPS not done their job with boundary problems in the entire FCPS system.

In review of the current boundaries of the following schools there are significant enrollment and capacity imbalances.

Westfield OVER CAPACITY
Chantilly OVER CAPACITY
Herndon UNDER CAPACITY
Oakton OVER CAPACITY
Madison OVER CAPACITY

South Lakes UNDER CAPACITY BY ALMOST 800 STUDENTS

Why have the SAT scores at South Lakes dropped over the last four years with less students?

How did you let these capacity and imbalance problems take place? Who was watching the store? Who failed to make adjustments in order to insure that all students are treated in a fair way and that they all receive the same services?

As you start your meetings with the public you need to make decisions that adjust boundary lines for the present and the future.

You have serious problems that have to be addressed by serious people who want to make the right decisions for all students in the FCPS system.

I believe you have lots of parents who are very upset with what you have failed to do and what you may do. I hope you make the right decisions for the students.

You better have answers for the parents at the upcoming West County Boundary meetings, because they are going to be very CONTENTIOUS.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:59AM

This is not the school redistricting thread. If you want to discuss that, please post on that thread.

Trickie

Date: January 24, 2008 09:07AM

YEP 3 Wrote:
> Why has FCPS not done their job with boundary
> problems in the entire FCPS system.
>
> In review of the current boundaries of the
> following schools there are significant enrollment
> and capacity imbalances.
>
> Westfield OVER CAPACITY
> Chantilly OVER CAPACITY
> Herndon UNDER CAPACITY
> Oakton OVER CAPACITY
> Madison OVER CAPACITY
>
> South Lakes UNDER CAPACITY BY ALMOST 800...
> STUDENTS

Don't forget to add Falls Church [about 700 under]since that is on the other side of Oakton and Madison sections near South Lakes. It's even near over crowded getting additions Woodson plus Woodson and Falls Church both have islands.

On the subject of islands, I don't see how McNair and Floris which are disconnected residentially but connected via Dulles Runways and Highways to Westfield are not more of actual islands than most of the madison island.

Posted by: SapphicHokieMom ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:08AM

YEP 3 Wrote:
> Why has FCPS not done their job with boundary
> problems in the entire FCPS system.
>
> In review of the current boundaries of the
> following schools there are significant enrollment
> and capacity imbalances.
>
> Westfield OVER CAPACITY
> Chantilly OVER CAPACITY
> Herndon UNDER CAPACITY
> Oakton OVER CAPACITY
> Madison OVER CAPACITY
>
> South Lakes UNDER CAPACITY BY ALMOST 800
> STUDENTS
>
> Why have the SAT scores at South Lakes dropped
> over the last four years with less students?
>
> How did you let these capacity and imbalance
> problems take place? Who was watching the store?
> Who failed to make adjustments in order to insure
> that all students are treated in a fair way and
> that they all receive the same services?

You are applying 20/20 hindsight here. SAT scores and SOL performance are lagging indicators and anyone with a basic understanding of statistics knows that you cannot identify a trend with data from one or two years. Unfortunately, once you see a pattern develop it takes a few years for any changes to show an impact. For better or worse the SB is acting now to address the issues you and others point out. It needs to start somewhere and delaying the process does nothing to help the situation.

Posted by: Taormina ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:18AM

FYI, Zabasearch is a quick, free online research to find someone's address and phone number. If anyone would like to share their feelings on this matter directly with Devraj Kori and his family, you can contact them at:

9517 CLAYCHIN CT
Burke, VA 22015
(703) 451-7112

Posted by: noVafamily ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:26AM

FYI Rat'z Azz.....

The "WIFE", known as Candy Tisdadt IS an employee of FCPS. She works in the office at Eagle View Elementary School in Fairfax.

It is a National Disgrace that YOU can't read or watch and comprehend!!!!

Posted by: Good Morning America ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:58AM

Story made it to "Good Morning America"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4176101

Posted by: rocket ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:19AM

The kid is just another whiner in a generation of excuse makers and blame layers. Lets see how Mr. valedictorian handles some inconvienence when he gets a job, that is if anyone will hire him. They might be afraid he will post his work issues on you tube. Please grow up.

Posted by: AVI ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:33PM

Personally, i think it's absolute bullshit that Tisdadt and his wife were whining about phone calls throughout the night especially at 4am because i am a fcps student myself and many students wake up at 4am while he's sleeping next to his fat wife who has too big of a mouth to keep shut. He's getting paid out of the ass to even wake up then. I understand that one of the main reasons taht they want to keep students in school before the SOL's is because they want people to get as much preperation as possible, but does he ignorant miniscule mind not realize that when theres loads of snow pouring outside, not one student in that school is paying attention to what the hell the teachers are saying, they're more worried about what they're going to do when they get out of school, and how long it will take for them to get home and how. Food For Thought smartass.

Posted by: Observer ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:39PM

Now this little whiner is all over the news asking that this controversy "just go away" and he had the stupididy to mention that there are problems in Dafur and that we should concentrate on that. Well hello moron? If you had not made the phone call and uploaded the reply to the Internet there would not be a controversy and no one would know your name. I wish I could see you next year when you are at some wuss/liberal college and it snows five inches and you are whining to the dean about having to go to classes.

Date: January 24, 2008 12:51PM

AVI Wrote:
> because i am a fcps student myself

Dude...I am guessing that you are in school right now using an FCPS computer to write this message. Is this an acceptable use of computer resources as defined in the SR&R which you and your parents signed?

Posted by: Not a student. ()
Date: January 24, 2008 12:59PM

SapphicHokieMom Wrote:
> AVI Wrote:
> -----
> > because i am a fcps student myself
>
> Dude...I am guessing that you are in school right
> now using an FCPS computer to write this message.
> Is this an acceptable use of computer resources as
> defined in the SR&R which you and your parents
> signed?

I am not a student, but was intrigued after reading your post. After reading the FCPS Student's Rights and Responsibilities document on the FCPS website, I believe it is an acceptable use of computer resources. The colorful language could have been omitted though.

Posted by: OBSERVER TWO ()
Date: January 24, 2008 01:48PM

FYI

IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT FCPS EMPLOYEES HAVE USED AND ARE USING THEIR FCPS COMPUTERS FOR ALL KINDS OF PERSONAL USE.

IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT FCPS EMPLOYEES HAVE USED AND ARE USING FCPS PHONES FOR THEIR PERSONAL USE.

IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT FCPS EMPLOYEES HAVE USED AND ARE USING THEIR FCPS EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THEIR PERSONAL USE.

I HAVE BEEN A WITNESS TO ALL OF THE ABOVE AND FCPS ALSO KNOWS THAT THIS HAS HAPPEN AND STILL IS HAPPENING.

NOW WHO IS BREAKING THE RULES?

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: January 24, 2008 01:48PM

I normally hate it when people type in CAPS,, but this deserves it..

This is like watching a game of telephone..2/3's of the people making these blanket statement blasting this kid or school admin who left the v/m, are either making shit up, or getting info 5th or 6th hand.

GET THE STORY STRAIGHT.. HE DID NOT CALL AT 4AM! The 4am came from her v/m saying her husband was up at 4am checking the weather.He did not have a problem going to school, he was attempting (albeit in an unorthadox way) to get county officials pinned down on a legitimate policy regarding school closures. The county does have a policy, it is rarely followed. But in the end, if the weatherman cant get it right, how could the Mr Tisdadt (sp?)

THE STUDENT DID NOT CALL AT 4 AM !!!!!!!!!!!
THE STUDENT DID NOT CALL AT 4 AM !!!!!!!!!!!
hey gravis see you again on page 10..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 02:11PM by Take a Stand.

Posted by: OBSERVER 3 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:08PM

The FCPS official who returned a call to a student in an out of controllrd way is not the only problem that Jack Dale and the School Board have.

Look at the below list;

The following list is what needs to happen in the FCPS system in 2008.

Improve SAT scores for all FCPS students.

Reduce drop out rates in the FCPS system.

Make sure that NO CHILD IS LEFT BEHIND.

Reduce the number of portable trailers in use by FCPS.

Make sure that the minority report shows improvement for all minority students.

Make sure that all facilities in FCPS are safe for all students.

Insure that all students/players are treated in a fair way when they choose to play or tryout for school sports in FCPS.

Take action against FCPS employees who are in violation of FCPS ethic and conduct rules.

Insure that all boundary issues are treated in a fair way for all students.

Jack Dale and the School Board members need to address questions from Fairfax County residence.

Operative the school budget in a way that restrict wild spending and any pork barrel spending.

We hope that this list will also be part of your list for improvement in the FCPS system.

All Taxpayers in Fairfax County should be concerned with the above list.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:31PM

Observer Wrote:
> Now this little whiner is all over the news asking
> that this controversy "just go away" and he had
> the stupididy to mention that there are problems
> in Dafur and that we should concentrate on that.
> Well hello moron? If you had not made the phone
> call and uploaded the reply to the Internet there
> would not be a controversy and no one would know
> your name. I wish I could see you next year when
> you are at some wuss/liberal college and it snows
> five inches and you are whining to the dean about
> having to go to classes.

While I agree there are bigger issues than this in national news.

I have to ask why you think the student is just a whinner.. and if he goes to a college it would have to be "Wuss/liberal".

Yes it made national news, but was it his fault that the media suck? if it wasnt this story, they would be covering more Britney Spears. Hell they are covering Ledger's death like the pope died or something. How can you lay blame on him for that. It was the medias idea to pick this up and run it into the ground

It sounds like your anger comes from a missed opportunity to attend one of these liberal/wuss colleges. Are all forms of higher education wuss and liberal, or just the ones you say are?

If I call my state Rep to complain about "civil remedial fees" am I just a whiner, or someone who is concerned about our government enough to get involved? When people call their congress complaining about new taxes , are they whining?

When YOU complain about a student calling their county school rep , are you whining?!

Posted by: FCPS ARE OUT OF CONTROL ()
Date: January 24, 2008 03:19PM

FCPS PR GURU Wrote:
> Here's a good response from FCPS typical of the
> arrogance..
>
> Dave Kori,
>
> You brought this on yourself when you put the
> phone-mail message on the website (along with, I
> understand, Mr. Tistadt's home phone number,
> leading to further harassing calls from other
> young people). Calling his home is in itself
> harassment. What you call a "generation gap" is a
> civility gap. Others your age understand what is
> acceptable and what is not in these situations.
>
> I hope that you learn some manners from this
> incident but fear from your self-righteous e-mail
> that you will not.
>
> Paul Regnier, Coordinator
> Community Relations
> Fairfax County Public Schools

Once again we have a FCPS official who circles the wagons every time one of their employees does something wrong.Mr. Regnier people your age should also know what is right and what is wrong? Are you saying that the FCPS employee who called the student did the right thing by reaming him a new a-- h---?

If you do, then you need to retire with her ASAP.

Posted by: kze600 from Michigan ()
Date: January 24, 2008 03:20PM

taxpayer Wrote:
> KZE FROM MICHIGAN Wrote:
> -----
> > WOW R YOU KIDDING ME???
> > TRAILERS///600 KID ADDITION--IS IT EMPTY? WHAT
> THE
> > HELL ARE THEY USING IT FOR?
> >
> > HOW SAD, SOUNDS LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
> WHICH
> > SIDE OF 8 MILE YOU GREW UP ON.!!
> >
> > IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW OUR LEADERS CAN FAIL US.
>
> They built a 2500 kid school less than 10 years
> ago and stuffed it - then just finished the 600
> kid addition while at the same time renovating
> and expanding another school. That school was so
> empty it could fit about 700 more kids. They put
> an addition on that to for a 2 story art wing.
> The far away school has people so close to another
> school in suburbia they can hear the roar of a
> crowd and the band at a football game but they are
> bussed far away. They are getting an addition -
> but there was a delay due to a run-off problem
> with the site. The reality was the administrators
> allowed a contractor buddy or booster club friend
> to dump about 200 trucks of fill behind the
> school. No permit and it's on the watershed [?]
> backing up to the Potomac River. The Redskins
> owner Dan Snyder messed with The River by cutting
> down trees to get a better view and got into all
> sorts of messes complete with news articles.
> Heard of Mount Vernon? There's a high school here
> by that name and it's renovated and so under
> filled you could have a middle school in it also.
> Tonight they will be voting on whether or not to
> chnage the line-up for renovating schools in
> deplorable condition to build a new middle school
> when a few hundred of those kids could go to a
> school next door - in fact live closer than many
> who go to that school. Lake Braddock is newly
> renovated and has an addition for them. Add to
> this the 100 million dollar luxury building for
> administrators while kids are in trailers.
>
> There is a pesky "little" Federal law about
> sending kids to schools closest to their residence
> related to anti-discrimination.

"In the absence of justice, what is soverignty but organized robbery?"
Saint Augustine

Date: January 24, 2008 03:37PM

Sorry Duh, I did not spell his name correctly. I am not a memeber of Mensa. I posted what I thought would help readers find the link. I entered Tisdadt and up popped the audio on youtube.
I did not know you worked undercover for the grammer police. Keep up the good work.

Date: January 24, 2008 03:38PM

Not a student. Wrote:
> SapphicHokieMom Wrote:
> -----
> > AVI Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > because i am a fcps student myself
> >
> > Dude...I am guessing that you are in school
> right
> > now using an FCPS computer to write this
> message.
> > Is this an acceptable use of computer resources
> as
> > defined in the SR&R which you and your parents
> > signed?
>
> I am not a student, but was intrigued after
> reading your post. After reading the FCPS
> Student's Rights and Responsibilities document on
> the FCPS website, I believe it is an acceptable
> use of computer resources. The colorful language
> could have been omitted though.

I am fairly certain that there is a supplement to the SR&R regarding acceptable use of computer resources and it is included as an attachment to R6410.8. From FCPS Regulation 6410.8 Section IV.A - "All users are prohibited from knowingly accessing portions of the Internet that do not promote the educational or instructional mission or administrative function of FCPS."

I am not trying to get into an argument whether faculty and staff spend time on eBay or checking their stocks online. It would be a stretch to argue that FU "promotes the mission of FCPS" and I believe this is not appropriate according to the rules and it is just one more example of the lax oversight in the classroom.

Posted by: Not a student ()
Date: January 24, 2008 04:15PM

SapphicHokieMom Wrote:
> I am fairly certain that there is a supplement to
> the SR&R regarding acceptable use of computer
> resources and it is included as an attachment to
> R6410.8. From FCPS Regulation 6410.8 Section IV.A
> - "All users are prohibited from knowingly
> accessing portions of the Internet that do not
> promote the educational or instructional mission
> or administrative function of FCPS."
>
> I am not trying to get into an argument whether
> faculty and staff spend time on eBay or checking
> their stocks online. It would be a stretch to
> argue that FU "promotes the mission of FCPS" and I
> believe this is not appropriate according to the
> rules and it is just one more example of the lax
> oversight in the classroom.

Thank you for pointing out the supplement. I had not seen it and it certainly lends credence to your point of view. That being said, I would however, continue to contend that viewing this site and participating in a discussion on it does not violate the regulation. While, yes, many posts on this site are sophomoric and offensive, many are not. Many deal with issues that young men and women may be or will be confronting in the near future. In a "liberal arts sense," I believe it can contribute to their education. On this site, you will find "common man" opinions on issues ranging from education, taxes, government, transportation, and civil liberites. Not everything can be learned from books.

Posted by: WE HAVE PROBLEMS ()
Date: January 24, 2008 04:31PM

kze600 from Michigan Wrote:
> taxpayer Wrote:
> -----
> > KZE FROM MICHIGAN Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > WOW R YOU KIDDING ME???
> > > TRAILERS///600 KID ADDITION--IS IT EMPTY?
> WHAT
> > THE
> > > HELL ARE THEY USING IT FOR?
> > >
> > > HOW SAD, SOUNDS LIKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
> > WHICH
> > > SIDE OF 8 MILE YOU GREW UP ON.!!
> > >
> > > IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW OUR LEADERS CAN FAIL
> US.
> >
> > They built a 2500 kid school less than 10 years
> > ago and stuffed it - then just finished the 600
> > kid addition while at the same time renovating
> > and expanding another school. That school was
> so
> > empty it could fit about 700 more kids. They
> put
> > an addition on that to for a 2 story art wing.
> > The far away school has people so close to
> another
> > school in suburbia they can hear the roar of a
> > crowd and the band at a football game but they
> are
> > bussed far away. They are getting an addition
> -
> > but there was a delay due to a run-off problem
> > with the site. The reality was the
> administrators
> > allowed a contractor buddy or booster club
> friend
> > to dump about 200 trucks of fill behind the
> > school. No permit and it's on the watershed
> [?]
> > backing up to the Potomac River. The Redskins
> > owner Dan Snyder messed with The River by
> cutting
> > down trees to get a better view and got into
> all
> > sorts of messes complete with news articles.
> > Heard of Mount Vernon? There's a high school
> here
> > by that name and it's renovated and so under
> > filled you could have a middle school in it
> also.
> > Tonight they will be voting on whether or not
> to
> > chnage the line-up for renovating schools in
> > deplorable condition to build a new middle
> school
> > when a few hundred of those kids could go to a
> > school next door - in fact live closer than
> many
> > who go to that school. Lake Braddock is newly
> > renovated and has an addition for them. Add
> to
> > this the 100 million dollar luxury building for
> > administrators while kids are in trailers.
> >
> > There is a pesky "little" Federal law about
> > sending kids to schools closest to their
> residence
> > related to anti-discrimination.
>
>
> "In the absence of justice, what is soverignty but
> organized robbery?"
> Saint Augustine

RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE;

If any of the above is true, we may have FCPS officials who have committed malfeasance of duty and wrongful conduct in the performance of their duties. Also, if any part of the above is linked to corruption or pay offs, then it would be a sad day for FFC?

Posted by: CONCERNED ()
Date: January 24, 2008 04:48PM

Lee Parent Wrote:
> a small child:
>
> savings.
>
>
> this time around?
>
>

Once again FCPS are out of control with your money

Mr. Dale
Mr. Storck and the FCPS School Board

Once again you have failed to do your job as indicated by the mess you have at South Lakes HS and as many as six other schools in that area. South Lakes has only 1,443 students and has over 700 empty classroom seats. Most of the other six schools are exceeding their design capacities.

In addition, you have spent $63 million on renovation at the South Lakes HS at a cost of $43,000 per student. Since you project the enrollment at most schools will decline in the next few years and over 2,000 people have signed an online petition seeking to halt the whole process and leave all schools the way they are today, one wonders what is going on.

As a tax payer of Fairfax County what are you doing with our money? You have screwed up Hayfield HS and Lee HS the way to handled the opening of the South County HS. South County has to many students and Lee and Hayfield do not have enough.

Posted by: ALSO CONCERNED ()
Date: January 24, 2008 05:01PM

CONCERNED Wrote:
> Lee Parent Wrote:
> -----
> > OK, time for a come to Jesus meeting about Dean
> > Tistadt. Let's summarize his recent
> > acomplishments, forgetting that he is married to
> a
> > horrible shrew who should not be within 100 ft
> of
> > a small child:
> >
> > 1. Dean is the one who pushed for the
> > construction of The FCPS version of The Taj
> > Majal-ie Gatehouse where Dale and The SB
> > bobbleheads do whatever they do all day. This
> > building cost us $60 ,illion smackers and is
> > supposed to save us $47 million over the next
> 30
> > years. I have asked repeatedly for the "cost
> > savings" analysis and have been told that none
> > exists. Something smells fishy about this
> > savings.
> >
> > 2. Dean is wholly embracing this concept of
> > stuffing our kids into these trailers. We
> > currently use 850 for our students. Many of
> our
> > schools are underenrolled yet we use over 800
> > trailers. These trailers are not tested
> routinely
> > for mold, etc, but only when someone complains
> of
> > an illness. A new bond was recently passed to
> buy
> > even more trailers-when will the madness stop?
> >
> > 3. Boundary war Part III. Yes, that is
> correct,
> > Part III. Dean and his staff of halfwits
> totally
> > miscalculated and botched the Westfield
> boundary,
> > and then the SOCO boundary, and now they are at
> it
> > again, with South Lakes. I say 3 strikes
> you're
> > out! Why do we trust these people to get it
> right
> > this time around?
> >
> > I am not saying the guy doesn't put in the
> hours-
> > but at some point we should demand competence.
> >
> > I hope I struck a nerve out there with a few of
> > you. You all need to wake the hell up!
>
> Once again FCPS are out of control with your
> money
>
>

>
> Once again you have failed to do your job as
> indicated by the mess you have at South Lakes HS
> and as many as six other schools in that area.
> South Lakes has only 1,443 students and has over
> 700 empty classroom seats. Most of the other six
> schools are exceeding their design capacities.
>
> In addition, you have spent $63 million on
> renovation at the South Lakes HS at a cost of
> $43,000 per student. Since you project the
> enrollment at most schools will decline in the
> next few years and over 2,000 people have signed
> an online petition seeking to halt the whole
> process and leave all schools the way they are
> today, one wonders what is going on.
>
> As a tax payer of Fairfax County what are you
> doing with our money? You have screwed up Hayfield
> HS and Lee HS the way to handled the opening of
> the South County HS. South County has to many
> students and Lee and Hayfield do not have enough.

FYI More examples of problems in FCPS

In review of the FCPS Bond Referendum it indicates that you are going to spend $12,500.000 on 42 more portable classrooms. Since you refuse to manage the problem and reduce the number of portable classrooms like the Montgomery school system is doing, I suggest the following:

The Montgomery school system is going to reduce over the next five years 200 portable classrooms, therefore why not save money and buy these used units from them, since you only want to increase your total number of portable classrooms anyway. 1,000 units and counting.

You could use the savings to pay down your debt?

One more suggestion, instead of moving ahead with phase two of the new administrative building, why not use portable trailers instead and save a ton of money that could be used to build five or six schools.

Real concerns and Real issues that must be addressed by FCPS.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: January 24, 2008 05:01PM

Ha...Robin covered the story on Stern today.

Date: January 24, 2008 06:08PM

I have been trying to become a public school teacher for over thirty years. I have two M.Ed. degrees, on in currriuclum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University,and the other in Special Education from the University of Virginia. I also possess a B.A. in psychology and a B.S. in biology from George
Mason University and an A.A.S. in medical technology from Marymount University. I have worked in other scientific and medical fields before attempting to try to go into teaching. After endlessly interviewing with school systems, I taught for four day in Fauquier County and then quit in the beginning of the year. I was consistently late for home room, not my classes. I was a new techer and trying to make a lot of adjustments, which I do not have time to go into at this point, but they centered around having to start teaching without textbooks, having my mentoring teacher unavailable because her husband was in the hospital, rewritng my lesson plans to please the principal who was a mucic major in college and I was teacng science,-- a variety of b.s. which should not have been heaped upon me at the begining of the year. Also, I was teaching in the same school where someone with a similar name had taught before and quit abruptly mid-year-- and I had to explain to a lot of other people that I was not the same person! At any rate, the circumstances were not conducive to a smooth transition to teaching, and none of the other teachers were willing to cut me any slack, and neither was the principal. Why? Well, it probably has more to do with the CURRENT SES make-up of the schools, central offices, school offices and administrators more than anything else. Let's face it, the Fairfax County superindendent's wife sounded like a gutter snipe, not some rich Republican matron as others have alluded. There is a selective gradient against hiring middle class teachers or teachers from a high SES background. The same is true for administrators. In theory, low SES teachers and administrators teach low SES students better--- but Fairfax County is not made up entirely of low SES people! I know! I used to live in Fairfax County! The folks who grew up in the country clubs are not the ones running the schools. Perhaps in the past they ran the schools. If they are running the schools now, they are having to bow to the pressure from others who came from less affluent means and object to any signs of favorism or simply civilty which may be shown to any other teachers. Into that backdrop, new superintendents are hired, and generally they do not come from genteel circumstances, either. My guess is that the Fairfax County superindendent and his wife come from essentially the same kind of background! I think the whole thing was deplorable! However, in my thirty years of trying to become a teacher, I have heard it said that only teacher education programs are filled with applicants from low SES groups. That is not true! My own father retired as a professional engineer in the field s of electrical and mechanical engineering-- but, to those running teacher ed programs, electrical and mechanical engineering is the same as sanitation engineering. Also, I held a very low SES job as a medical technician for the American Red Cross and even worked in the inner city before entering into a teach ed program-- and that in itself should have made me a shoe-in, but it did not! At any rate, there is a problem in education. In my opinon, most of the problems lie in the staffing of the central offices from the top-down. It seems like Che Guevera is in charge, and what happened in Fairfax County is the result of Che's selection!

Posted by: "tishdat" a new term for bitching ()
Date: January 24, 2008 06:17PM

I think we have a new slang word "tishdat" I herd my teenager saying his friends mom gave him the "tishdat" for a poor grade in trig.

Posted by: I Fly ()
Date: January 24, 2008 07:02PM

Ms. Shumate,

Your story is compelling. Clearly you should have been a 'shoe in', but maybe there were circumstances of which you were unaware. You, yourself, admit to being late on a consistent basis.

I do have one question:

Were you an IB student in high school?

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: January 24, 2008 08:43PM

Dear Carol,

Even though you have veered off the topic of the phone call, I feel like I need to respond. First of all, though your multiple degrees may look impressive on paper, none has given you any real background or basis to become a teacher and actualy make it in the classroom. Knowing curriculum and having a degree in psych really is of no practical help in teaching children, preteens or adolescents. Also if you have a special ed. degree and you were teaching kids with problems, many local school systems ( FCPS in paricular) simply put kids with behavior problems or major mental problems in those classes as they purport to educate them by mainstreaming. Teachers have long been vocal about the negatives of this. If you taught regular ed. kids, those degrees are not very helpful. Most teachers teaching grade 7 through 12 do much better if they have a major in the subject area they are teaching.

Also from your story, it sounds like you had little or no guidance in the form of mentoring or guidance from a colleague. New teacher and even career changer teachers who have been successful and stayed in the classroom all say that good mentors and help from non-judgmental colleagues has helped them tremendously. FCPS uses the Great Beginnings program and it is very good.

Also I assume that SES stands for social economic ?? and you say that there should be more middle class or country club elitists working in our schools. To me, from just reading your statements, it makes me think that you are sort of stuck up. Forgive me if I misinterpeted that. I have never noticed that any particular class or race or status made any difference in who makes a good educator. Teaching is a job for people oriented folks with a good sense of humor and a lot of kindness.

I am sorry that your experience in Fauquier County did not work out. Right now all the northern Va. school systems are experiencing a teacher shortage. You should have no problem getting a job and the job fairs will all begin soon.
Good luck to you.

Trickie

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:34PM

Well now just about every news station across the country and some internationally have carried this story.

Many other FCPS problems have come to light.

And yet, nothing will be done about any of it.

Posted by: Lenny ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:37PM

candy Tisdadt is a miserable wretch of a human being. And the fat ho makes a comfortable living off the "snot nose brats" she so despises. Get her the phuk away from kids.

Posted by: Bart ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:40PM

Here's the thing. That witch Candy Tisdadt is positively despicable. She never would have berated an adult in that manner. She a gutless grotesque coward.

Posted by: taxpayer10 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:47PM

Lenny Wrote:
> candy Tisdadt is a miserable wretch of a human
> being. And the fat ho makes a comfortable living
> off the "snot nose brats" she so despises. Get her
> the phuk away from kids.

Unbelievable how we taxpayers pay for the county to work for us and we get these? Idiots. Yes, Candy needs to lighten up. The kid did not do anything wrong--he got guts and called at an appropriate time. Candy should not have made that kind of statement saying "snotty nosed brats" whether she is on PMS or not or having a bad hair day..it is called rational self-control. She was out of line.

Posted by: JoyLeaf ()
Date: January 25, 2008 02:17AM

Did any of you reaming the kid read any of the articles? He did not call at 4am he called during his lunch break, at most schools that falls somewhere between 11am and 1pm. He did try other ways to get ahold of the COO and was ignored. he left one call.And jumping on the kid for bad manners? If this is how the school authorities (since Candy works in the school administration too) respond to a single call made during business hours and leaving your contact info, then lets hope all those kids do not learn their manners from the adult example she set.
Keeping in mind there were two parties to this and one was a kid and the other a supposed adult, the adult has a lot more to answer for. A reasonable response asking him to direct his call to the office number would have taught the kid something about boundaries and left nothing to post on-line. Shame on her for treating the kids she and her husband make their living off of that way. She needs to take some anger management courses and to paraphrase her “GET OVER HERSELF!”

Date: January 25, 2008 02:23AM

YEP 2 Wrote:
> TO ALL FCPS Officials and the entire School Board
>
> What are you going to do about the racial and
> economic imbalances in the following schools?
>
> The bottom 9 schools (South Lakes, West Pot,
> Hayfield, Edison, Lee, Falls Church, Mt Vernon,
> Annandale and Stuart) have the following
> averages:
>
> 36% White, 19% Black and 24% Latino.
>
> The racial breakdown among all FCPS students is as
> follows:
>
> White 50.2%
> Asian 17.40%
> Black 10.80%
> Latino 16.00%
> Other 4.90%
>
> You need to do more than just redistrict some
> schools, because you are just scratching the
> surface of the racial imbalances in FCPS. Your
> goal should be that you schools reflect the
> county's demographics.
>
> The top 8 schools (Madison, Langley, Oakton,
> Robinson, McLean,Woodson, Chantilly and Westfield
> have the following averages:
>
> White 66%
> Black 4.76%
> Latino 7%
>
> So these schools have half the FCPS proportion of
> Blacks students and less than half the proportion
> of Latino students.
>
> Do we have segregated schools in FCPS? Are schools
> made up of the haves and the have not?
>
> The key question is who allowed this to happen and
> what are you going to do about bringing racial
> balance to the entire FCPS system?

Yeah, they need to kick out some of those white people in McLean and move in some Black and Hispanics. Same in Vienna, make some of those people move out.

Posted by: AGAINST PREDATORS ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:26AM

If you think that FCPS is out of control, based upon a school official calling a student and reaming him a new ass hole, then read below and see where they are really out of control.

Mr.Jack Dale
Mr. Storck

Please review the attached and tell me based on what happen yesterday should we:

Review, remove, or change Policy 1530, school board, Dated July, 1 1986. This policy is outdated and needs to be changed to reflect the current state of predators in our country.

In today's world with sexual predators, should you allow moral turpitude contracts?

It states in part the following:

I hereby certify that I have not been convicted of a felony or any offense involving the sexual molestation or physical or sexual abuse or rape of a child: and that I have not been convicted of a crime or moral turpitude (lying or stealing). IS THIS STATEMENT A JOKE? I guess all FCPS students should feel safe with this statement?

Based on the above is FCPS not doing background checks and just taking someone's word? Watch out, you are asking for a lawsuit if you allow this policy to continue.

Mr. Curran has mixed up event volunteers with volunteers who come in contact with student/players daily and help school coaches. He also states in the attached that coaches can VOUCH For these assistants/volunteers. Who is liable in the event that someone who is vouched for molest a child?

Since this problem has been brought to your attention and other FCPS officials for the last year and have been stonewall to date.

We believe that all who come in contact with students/players must have background checks performed.

By telling you about this problem you are now on record of this very serious problem that FCPS is permitting.

Since you have taken the position that you do not have to deal with or respond to issues, we will continue to bring issues to your attention for the record.

SAFETY OF THE STUDENTS IN FCPS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST FOR MR.DALE AND THE ENTIRE SCHOOL BOARD.

Posted by: AGAINST PREDATORS ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:31AM

TO ALL FCPS OFFICIALS AND THE SCHOOL BOARD

THE BELOW CERTIFICATION AND SIGNED STATEMENT BY INDIVIDUALS WHO COACH,or are assistants and volunteers IS USED BY FCPS TO PROTECT OUR STUDENTS FROM SEXUAL MOLESTERS OR, SEXUAL ABUSE OR RAPE OF CHILDREN.

"I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY OR ANY OFFENSE INVOLVING THE SEXUAL MOLESTATION OR PHYSICAL OR SEXUAL ABUSE OR RAPE OF A CHILD: AND THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME OF MORAL TURPITUDE [LYING OR STEALING)."

THIS WAS PROVIDE BY MR. CURRAN AS ONE OF THE WAYS FCPS PROTECTS STUDENTS FROM SEXUAL PREDATORS.

PLEASE STOP THIS PRACTICE NOW INORDER TO INSURE SAFETY OF STUDENTS IN FCPS.

Posted by: OBSERVER ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:53AM

Jack Dale and the FCPS school board have more problems then just out of controlled teachers who grow pot,have sexual talks with POLICE and are in need of anger management.

They did one boundary study for the new SCSS less then two years ago, now due to the results of their bad decisions, they need to do another one TRYING to fix over capacity at SCSS.

Fairfax County
By Catherine Belter
Source: Times Community Newspapers
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16 2005
UPDATED MONDAY, JUNE 4 2007

To my dismay, the Fairfax County School Board last Thursday managed in a single night to (1) cause the new South County school to be more overcrowded than it needs to be; (2) create underutilized capacity at Hayfield Secondary School and (3) most significantly, add an additional 160 students (phased in at 40 students per year) to an existing overcrowded situation at West Springfield High School.

In short, we built a new school and then, by the board's own ill-advised actions, caused overcrowding and underutilization and severely upset the West Springfield community.

How did these anomalous results occur? The process began when Daniel Storck, the Mount Vernon District representative, decided to support the desires of the Mason Neck community. He offered to amend the staff's recommended boundaries to add the Mason Neck community to the South County school, thereby removing these students from Hayfield Secondary School.

At the same time, Mr. Storck was faced with a competing and more valid claim for admission to the South County school by his constituents in the South Hunt Valley community (a community significantly closer to the new school than Mason Neck). He responded to this community's desires not by offering to champion the same cause of seeking to add them to the South County school but rather by offering to move them from Lee High School to West Springfield High School.

The West Springfield area had never been included in the study area for the South County school. Nevertheless, if Mason Neck was to be admitted to South County, the result of doing nothing for South Hunt Valley would be too patently unfair.

Further underlying the flawed nature of the process, Mr. Storck never consulted with the principal of West Springfield or otherwise alerted that community. He first alerted me to his intentions in late December, long after the public process had begun.

At my urging, and after I consulted with the West Springfield principal and the PTA president, the West Springfield community was alerted to Mr. Stork's intentions. A community meeting was hastily arranged and held on Jan. 24. At the meeting a number of parents voiced their concerns over the potential addition of 160 more students from South Hunt Valley to the already overcrowded situation at West Springfield.

This community meeting was followed immediately by a public hearing on Jan. 25, just two days before the board took up the new South County boundaries at its Jan. 27 public meeting.

I had hoped and expected that, at that meeting, the board as a whole would not allow its processes to be corrupted merely to make the two communities of Mason Neck and South Hunt Valley happy. At the board meeting, the motion by Mr. Storck to add the Mason Neck community passed.

Anticipating that Mr. Storck would try to assuage his constituents in South Hunt Valley by moving them into West Springfield, I then tried, with the assistance of school board representative Stu Gibson (Reston) and Kathy Smith (Centreville) to persuade the board to alleviate the unfairness by also adding South Hunt Valley to the South County school instead of West Springfield.

In the same motion, we included a provision advancing funds for the new middle school at the site. We did this since it was obvious that the new middle school would be needed at an earlier date as a result of the current population to be included in the new school as now exacerbated by the addition of the Mason Neck community. The board voted down this effort.

At this point, Mr. Storck, as anticipated, moved to add the South Hunt Valley community to West Springfield High School.

I argued that no one representative should be allowed to initiate action to affect boundaries of a school (West Springfield) not in a community that person represented and not without a more formal process with more adequate notice than what had been offered in connection with the South County study process. I also argued that there was no basis to add 160 students to an already overcrowded school.

The board rejected these arguments and voted to add the South Hunt Valley community to West Springfield High School. This action was done with minimal notice to the public advising them that the process had been expanded to potentially include communities outside the boundaries of the study area. This was unfair, lacking in adequate due process and resulted in the anomalous detrimental results described.

I understand that some of my colleagues may defend these results in the name of providing "community" schools-i.e., whole communities going to the closest school and retaining the "community" spirit represented by keeping feeder intermediate school populations together in high school. I disagree with their judgments.

In the end, the board alleviated a split feeder situation for South Hunt Valley but created a new split feeder situation for students in Gunston Elementary. The board made two small communities happy at the cost of adversely impacting the educational situation of thousands of other students and caused significant hard feelings among the West Springfield community-a community that should never have been impacted in the first place since it was not in the study area and was already overcrowded.

The board needs to carefully review these results and its processes. I will do my best to implement the board's final actions in the least disruptive fashion. But, at a minimum, this board needs to explain to the West Springfield community why their high school should suffer additional significant overcrowding merely because we built a new school.

I feel compelled to publicly express my disagreement with the board's judgments and voice my objection to the process by which these results have occurred.

Once again the school board and Jack Dale have failed to do their job.

IS THIS MALFEASANCE OF DUTY BY PUBLIC OFFICIALS?

Date: January 25, 2008 08:50AM

I watched the 1-24-08 meeting on the proposed CIP and the Board members are surging ahead ignoring the amendment Storck etc passed in 2007. No money is free unless it is a proffer and this South County situation has driven the finances and actions of FX for years. The School Board is supposed to manage the school division under Virginia law - Connelly and Hyland are on the Board of Supervisors and supply funds. Their names were mentionned far too often and I suspect Tisdadt and Dale cannot do their jobs. Last night Storck might have mentionned increased population on Fort Belvoir. The Fort does not attend South County. The whole thing is directed to Bradsher's cronies at Silverbrook and even if they got 2000 middle and high school students as a result of BRAC that is no guarantee that the western point of Silverbrook would stay at South County. Over 75 million in construction because a lousy 400 kids refuse Lake braddock!!!!

Posted by: To observer ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:58AM

Observer: Think about your post! Millions of people post stupid videos on youtube everyday....very few make it to CNN. Do you really think he expected this kind of attention. I think it's great that Dave brought up bigger issues, and knowing him personally, I wouldn't expect any less from him.

Posted by: NOT FAIR ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:06PM

Now the student has to serve detention, what about the out of control FCPS employee.

Make them serve together.

Posted by: What ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:22PM

NOT FAIR Wrote:
> Now the student has to serve detention, what about
> the out of control FCPS employee.
>
> Make them serve together.

What? You are serious? The student got detention? And what did Candy get? A pat on the shoulder? Ridiculous.

Posted by: Lee Parent ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:23PM

This school district is OUT OF CONTROL.

We need to give it back to the people-the parents and students.

JACK DALE IS A COWARD AND A DO NOTHING ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO LEADERSHIP QUALITIES.

DEAN TISTADT IS AN INCOMPETENT TROLL WHO HAS SCREWED UP IN VIRTUALLY EVRY ASPECT OF HIS JOB DESCRIPTION.

CANDY TISTADT IS A HATEFUL VICIOUS MONSTER WHO NEEDS TO BE SHOWN THE DOOR.

I want ONE FCPS official to have the moral fiber to say "This is not how we speak to our students". "We will treat our students with respect or we will not get respect back". "Our schools are toxic and the leaders in this school district are self-serving and negligent in their duties" "FCPS has lost its way and we continue to bring shame upon the people we are supposed to serve".

I am ready for a revolt and I hope this SB is ready for battle because the gloves are coming off.

Posted by: What ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:38PM

Lee Parent Wrote:
> This school district is OUT OF CONTROL.
>
> We need to give it back to the people-the parents
> and students.
>
> JACK DALE IS A COWARD AND A DO NOTHING
> ADMINISTRATOR WITH NO LEADERSHIP QUALITIES.
>
> DEAN TISTADT IS AN INCOMPETENT TROLL WHO HAS
> SCREWED UP IN VIRTUALLY EVRY ASPECT OF HIS JOB
> DESCRIPTION.
>
> CANDY TISTADT IS A HATEFUL VICIOUS MONSTER WHO
> NEEDS TO BE SHOWN THE DOOR.
>
> I want ONE FCPS official to have the moral fiber
> to say "This is not how we speak to our students".
> "We will treat our students with respect or we
> will not get respect back". "Our schools are
> toxic and the leaders in this school district are
> self-serving and negligent in their duties" "FCPS
> has lost its way and we continue to bring shame
> upon the people we are supposed to serve".
>
> I am ready for a revolt and I hope this SB is
> ready for battle because the gloves are coming
> off.

That is the problem many of us are having with these FCPS officials these days..where are their moral values in working for us and most importantly put the kids first regarding education? The kid should have not gotten detention, maybe have an apology meeting with the officials but NOT a detention and Candy should have apologized for making such an abusive comment. Also, stuffing kids in trailers while these officials shiny up their new offices for example gets the best of me..where is that pitch fork?

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.