HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
County Employee Diddles Child
Posted by: RobotDean ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:36PM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/
News Release: 2011-2140105/BW/(9)
September 27, 2011

Man Charged with Taking Indecent Liberties

On September 22, police charged Lee Betton, 62, of 5202 Leeward Lane, with taking indecent liberties with a child who was in a custodial relationship with him. Police determined that the incident occurred five years ago when the victim was 17 years old. Police were contacted by the victim who resides out of state.

Betton oversaw technology programming at various county facilities while he was an employee of the Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services. No criminal acts associated with this charge occurred at county facilities. Betton turned himself into police.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2011/092711leebettonindecentliberties.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: County Employee Diddles Child
Posted by: RobotDean ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:00PM

I think he worked at the Gum Springs community center.....

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:24PM

He should have waited a few more months... 17 will get you 20.

Posted by: Know ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:41AM

I know Mr. Betton and I think he is a honest individual that we should give the benefit of Innocent until proven guilty.
He has worked very hard to develop opportunities for underprivileged children and although many may say that he may have done that to be close to children, I also have seen cases when young people can damaged someone reputation or even sent someone to jail because of their accusations, much of these because of the circumstances they grow up and the emotional conflicts they have lived through life.
I am quite confident he should prove is an innocent man, although his reputation may be damaged for ever.

Posted by: Yucky23 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 05:15AM

Posted by: GMUstudentOfReason ()
Date: September 28, 2011 07:56AM

A 17-year-old is not a child, she's just not legal.

Posted by: clean livin' ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:38PM

Know, if he is such a wonderful man, how did he get in this jam? I think you know this guy in a different way but no REAL man who is normal would be around a 17 year old in this day and age. We will have to see if any others implicate him but I remind you that it only takes one! He should have kept it in his britches...Another predator discovered

Posted by: HAAAA ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:45PM

Ya right, he's a predator. If she was a few months older, everyone would be saying how he has game, he's a player for getting with an 18 year old. Hell in Utah, if she was 14, he could have actually diddled her (if they were married). 17 year olds can be sent off alone to college, they know what their doing. Everybody knows what right by at least 9th grade. Putting people in jail, because he couldnt wait a few more months...pathetic.

Posted by: OfftoJail ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:17PM

What makes this case disturbing is that this guy worked with Teens in the county (ages 12-18). So a 17 year old, or even a 18 year old is the population he was supposed to be helping. I don't feel for this guy, if this turns out to be true. He should have known better.

Posted by: pics ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:19PM

Without pics, this thread is worthless. I think the girl is probably a whore. At 17 you're making your own decisions.

Posted by: OfftoJail ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:24PM

pics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without pics, this thread is worthless. I think
> the girl is probably a whore. At 17 you're making
> your own decisions.

What if it's not a girl...

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:24PM

Here we go again.

Who needs proof when an allegation will suffice?

Who was charging detective?

Nicole Christian?

Posted by: NWA says ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:39PM

i don't trust any source that can't put out a press release without screwing that up: "Betton turned himself into police.".

If this is indicative of the care and precision we can expect in the investigation?

Posted by: whore ()
Date: September 28, 2011 05:12PM

She probly came onto him.

Pun intended!

Posted by: SM ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:12PM

I also know Mr. Lee and he has personally helped me with many things in my career. He is a good man and if he is proven guilty that will be a shame but will not change all the good he has done for our community in so many ways. I hope everyone can take in consideration how delicate this is for him and his family. I know in my heart he is worth sticking up for.

Posted by: paddleman ()
Date: September 29, 2011 02:12PM

Come on now! What difference does it make how old the victim is or if she came on to him? IT IS WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! He is the adult advisor who should have known better. There are many possible reasons but the fact is, this guy screwed up AND was dumb enough to get caught. We will see if other victims show up as the investigation goes on. I hate hearing from people after someone is charged and they are going on about what a great person they are...blah blah blah.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.