HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Paul A. Wardinski
Posted by: Bye ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:05AM

We have to say it again. Paul Wardinski is leaving anyone know where his going? He earns 113,000 a year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul A. Wardinski
Posted by: logicaldog ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:10AM

I think this is the 3rd time posted, and I was ridiculed for posting the 2nd time..he apparently is going to the gatehouse where all horrible principals head, I think they even invented a new stupid title for him, at least he won't be dealing with kids or parents, but will, of course, be getting paid handsomely..

Posted by: WSHS IN THE KNOW ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:31PM

Paul Wardinski was a complete failure and the school system had to get him out of there. Virtually EVERYONE- students and faculty alike -hate him . His policies sucked, and they had to create some bullshit job for him because they can't fire him. The man is totally incompetent and he is a failure in all aspects of his life. Too bad you quit NOW Paul, Richard would've stayed another year if you had quit over the summer. Worst of luck you simpleton loser!

Posted by: fact checker ()
Date: September 27, 2011 02:37PM

Going to head CTE for the county. Promotion. Actually many very good and talented principals head to Gatehouse so be careful of global assertions.

Posted by: bc ()
Date: September 27, 2011 03:46PM

It'll be interesting who comes in as the full time replacement to wardinski. Then again the railroading on here is impressive when you consider that no one knows who will be the new principal.

They could be worse or they could be better...a lot of people might have gotten what they want by him leaving but they might be regretting those desires if the new principal is even worse.

Wardinskis new position also already existed in the county so its a little absurd leveling claims about a new job being created just to get him out. Besides why promote to a curricular position like that if he was such a poor administrator.

That said people need to stop saying mr. Griffin would have stayed. He was classy in his exit and left more for personal reasons than professional disagreements over policy.

Posted by: MHS Parent ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:02PM

If Wardinski performed as poorly at WSHS as he did at McLean then it would be practically impossible to replace him with someone "even worse".

He was replaced at MHS by a wonderful administrator. Although it took a little while she eventually repaired the damage caused during the Wardinski years, and most everyone moved on. I still feel sorry for the students and teachers at McLean whose educations and carreers were damaged by Wardinski and his minions since those years can not be regained.

Date: September 27, 2011 05:12PM

No offense mhs parent but your principal could have easily been a county bleeding sycophant and been worse than wardinski...all I am is saying is people don't consider how good or bad it was until its to late.

If you read wardinskis blurb about leaving you do sort of wonder where the hate within the wshs community comes from. The food fight? I haven't heard that he had any major discipline issues beyond that nor was there a mass exodus due to his policies.

I remember 6 years ago, there was a mass exodus of talented teachers from irving ms because they didn't buy into danny littles policy. I don't recall that happening at west springfield so you have to give wardinski some credit.

And while I understand what happened at mclean with the teachers and wardinski...there is something to be realized that those incidents have little tie to wardinskis time at west springfield. Did he use what happened as lesson we hope so but the incident was at mclean not at west springfield.

Posted by: Not MHS but A parent ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:17PM

MHS Parent:

Let's get this straight, those running nose kids who threatened Wardinski were supported by their parents, one of whom was a lead Council for a law firm. Wardinski acted in the right manner as a principal but you won't believe that because you are always right and never wrong.

Here is one for you, the WSHS community appreciates Mr. Wardinski's service. He has cleaned up our school, been at all of our functions and cares about our kids.

You are nothing but a helicopter parent and society will no doubt be taking care of your offspring because you failed parenthood 101. Oh wait--society already is.

Date: September 27, 2011 05:23PM

Not MHS but A parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MHS Parent:
>
> Let's get this straight, those running nose kids
> who threatened Wardinski were supported by their
> parents, one of whom was a lead Council for a law
> firm. Wardinski acted in the right manner as a
> principal but you won't believe that because you
> are always right and never wrong.
>
> Here is one for you, the WSHS community
> appreciates Mr. Wardinski's service. He has
> cleaned up our school, been at all of our
> functions and cares about our kids.
>
> You are nothing but a helicopter parent and
> society will no doubt be taking care of your
> offspring because you failed parenthood 101. Oh
> wait--society already is.

Thank you for summarizing what I was trying to say...well minus the snot nose kid part. Being a principal anywhere is just like any other management position some of your employees like you some hate you some are indifferent...some of your clients like you some may be indifferent but your product is needed by them some may hate you so they don't do business with you.

Wardinskis leaving with supporters detractors and those that are indifferent plain and simple

Posted by: MHS Parent Helicopter ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:55PM

Not MHS but a parent: You are clueless, and it is a shame you feel a need to strike out illogically since you know nothing about me, my children or my parenting.

I was not referring to "The Incident". I have never felt that I had enough information or access to the facts to form a judgement on that situation, and I certainly would not have brought it up in a public forum.

The main problem with Wardinski at MHS was that he made a series of very poor decisions and hires that were simply not in the best interest of the students' education and professional respect for the many dedicated teachers there. That sometimes happens when a new principal wants to make an agressive mark on a school. Unfortunately, when it became clear that some of his decisions were faulty, instead of re-assessing them and making changes he chose to dig in his heels until the problems compounded and became systemic. A good administrator continually evaluates the results of his or her decisions and makes adjustments accordingly.

I'm glad to hear that perhaps he did learn from his mistakes at MHS.

Posted by: he didnt ()
Date: September 27, 2011 06:06PM

He didn't learn anything. He barely showed up at wshs last school year or the start oof this one because he is so hated. Griffin would have stayed if Wardinski had left- trust me. Wardinski is a two faced coward ready to hang is staff out to dry or break a promise to a parent. Ninety percent of the staffs at mhs and wshs hated him, and so did the students. He is an incredibly inept leader- perhaps switching him to a desk job where he doesn't have to interact with people or try to lead them will accentuate his strengths. I hope that is the case, at least so his county funded "life coach" can let him be a big boy and thereby save the county money.

Date: September 27, 2011 08:16PM

He was a horrific administrator consistently demonstrating a lack of leadership skill and basic ability to run a school, he had no communication skills and worked very poorly with teachers, students and parents. The placating brown noser who says otherwise has such low standards and expectations that they are satisfied with anybody who shows up. Being a good principal at a high school takes talent, creativity, finesse, skill and experience-Wardinski had NONE of these. Better behind a desk not interfacing with humans.

Date: September 27, 2011 08:18PM

very very few supporters, and none who actually paid attention.

Posted by: See ya! ()
Date: September 27, 2011 11:01PM

He's the worst. He is not only a terrible principal and leader, he is a weak -willed, spineless, clueless half man. "Mickey ties" what a total loser. How do people like him NIT catch on that they are the butt of the joke?

Posted by: WSHSpartans ()
Date: October 04, 2011 05:53PM

Comments are being accepted by FCPS until Thursday, October 6, on who you think should replace The Warden as WSHS principal.

West Springfield High School and its community are a very special place. We will recover from the disaster of Paul Wardinski, just as McLean High School recovered before us. But I can think of nothing worse than moving a failing administrator from one school (ie, Danny Little at Washington Irving or Rob Sanders at South County, two of the names we've heard through the grapevine) to ours, just because FCPS has no place else to put him. FCPS should fire inept administrators, not reward them with custody of a high school.

We need to stand up for West Springfield High School. We are not a dumping ground. We are a proud community, with a long, proud tradition of excellence. We deserve better.

Posted by: Pumpkin ()
Date: October 04, 2011 06:09PM

Why does FCPS keep ineffective administrators in the system? Once they get to that level, as long as they don't make a major screw up, they are on cruise control.

Posted by: Document Jockey ()
Date: October 04, 2011 07:46PM

Wardinski Paul A 09/17/1985
Principal, HS West Springfield High 126,775

Promotion is equivalent of a pardon by exiting Dale and School Board.
Will next Superintendent the School Board hires keep him is the real answer?

Posted by: WSHSpartans ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:08PM

We hear that Wardinski's move to central office is not even lateral. He's taking a substantial pay cut. But FCPS had to get him outta there-he was literally destroying the spirit of the school and the WSHS community. A friend of mine told me that large organizations like WSHS don't like to fire folks like the Warden because they're afraid of being sued.

The only thing we're worried about is who they hire to replace the current moron. If they move another deadbeat in to take over at WSHS, that would be a crime.

Posted by: SPARTAN FEVER ()
Date: October 04, 2011 09:13PM

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

WEST SPRINGFIELD DANCE TEAM WON !!!!!!

SEASON WINNERS OF AMERICA'S GOT TALENT!!!

Posted by: Snark ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:00PM

Does anyone know how the WSHS Dance Team did on America's Got Talent?

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:05PM

fact checker Wrote:
> Going to head CTE for the county. Promotion. Actually many very good and talented principals head to Gatehouse so be careful of global assertions.<

Name 5

Posted by: paul sux ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:11PM

The important thing is that this thread acknowledges that Paul is an incompetent fool. He is reading this, no doubt, so please post to let him no what a sack of shit he is.

Date: October 04, 2011 10:16PM

I meant "know" of course! Oops P.S. Paul is a moron

Posted by: Paul sux ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:17PM

I hope the pay cut makes you have to sell your house

Posted by: Dr. Seuss ()
Date: October 05, 2011 03:22PM

All the failed FCPS HS principals are put out to pasture at the Gatehouse Administrative Center. Former principal Linda Burke from Lake Braddock was sent packing several years ago. Maybe Linda and Paul can share a cubicle together and complete their paint-by-number coloring books while earning $125,000 annually.

Posted by: Paul Wardinski ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:06PM

paul sux Wrote:
> The important thing is that this thread
> acknowledges that Paul is an incompetent fool. He
> is reading this, no doubt, so please post to let
> him no what a sack of shit he is.

Yes, well I laugh all the way to the bank loser. After all I'm doing what I do best...Nothing...At YOUR expense. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go take a shit on your dime!

Date: October 05, 2011 07:20PM

Thanks for the laugh. I really wish this WAS Paul because at least he would be admitting he sucks. He's not that bright though

Posted by: I Love WSHS ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:03PM

School just picked the committee that will help select new principal. Trouble is that last time we went thru this - 4 years ago - the committee had PAW last on its list and he was named principal anyway. Does that tell you the system is rigged? E-mail assistant superintendent Leslie Butz at Gatehouse and demand that she do what's in the best interests of the school and not her ego. LLButz@fcps.edu

Posted by: I Love WSHS too ()
Date: October 06, 2011 10:26PM

Not at all a Wardinski fan, but not sure you gave good info. I was on a principal committee for our school a few years ago. Not sure how you know the last panel had Wardinski last? I never knew what our panel decided.

Our panel had parents, teachers, and another person or two – I think a central office person or other principals (and the guy leading the interview). When it was over, we wrote our comments, listed our top applicants and left. I have no idea what anybody else wrote.

We didn’t talk about the interviews and everybody left as they finished writing their comments. By the time I got done there was only one other person there. I turned in mu comments and listed follow up questions I thought should be asked. I never knew who the other people listed as their choices. We were told the top few, based on what we wrote, would be interviewed by the head of the cluster.

How did you find out what the committee decided? We couldn't.

I was also on one other panel, maybe 10-12 years ago. The process was about the same. We never had an idea what the panel suggested. We wrote and left. I liked who they ended up hiring, but never knew what happened after the panel. Maybe you have some inside info.

Posted by: I Love WSHS ()
Date: October 07, 2011 06:52AM

People talk. Nuff said. Wardinski was last. No one wanted him four years ago, everyone's glad he's leaving now. Just don't want Ms. Butz to use WSHS as a dumping ground one more time!

Date: October 07, 2011 07:28AM

Let me quess (been through this lots of times) the most compliant, placating parents on the committee, no one that would object if they were waterboarded? Same ole, same old.

Posted by: Screw You ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:33PM

Paul Wardinski is partial to Mickey Mouse ties. Walt Disney was a fascist. The WSHS SGA wants us to wear Disney attire on Wardinski's last day. A connection?

Posted by: no name ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:05PM

WSHSpartans Wrote:
> Comments are being accepted by FCPS until
> Thursday, October 6, on who you think should
> replace The Warden as WSHS principal.
>
> West Springfield High School and its community are
> a very special place. We will recover from the
> disaster of Paul Wardinski, just as McLean High
> School recovered before us. But I can think of
> nothing worse than moving a failing administrator
> from one school (ie, Danny Little at Washington
> Irving or Rob Sanders at South County, two of the
> names we've heard through the grapevine) to ours,
> just because FCPS has no place else to put him.
> FCPS should fire inept administrators, not reward
> them with custody of a high school.
>
> We need to stand up for West Springfield High
> School. We are not a dumping ground. We are a
> proud community, with a long, proud tradition of
> excellence. We deserve better.

Oh god. What if you get Sanders.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:21AM

Well I volunteered to serve (I have a big mouth) and wasn't picked, which is what I predicted. I really just hope there is someone "with a pair" so that we (I have three more years there), don't get stuck with another cast off FCPS looser that a good school doesn't want. Anyone know who the parent on the committee?

Posted by: Yes for KAM - Koreans Against Moon ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:51PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> Let me quess (been through this lots of times) the
> most compliant, placating parents on the
> committee, no one that would object if they were
> waterboarded? Same ole, same old.

Time for someone won't take administrator side more over than parents. Heard Schultz at several places this week and has won vote of all people I know, even people who thought wouldn;t vote for her.

Date: October 20, 2011 07:22AM

well that would be me, I have never voted for a republican in my life and will vote for Liz.

Posted by: No Touching!!! ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:45AM

Just make sure you don't get saddled with Deborah what's-her-name over at Lake Braddock, who got sent there from Kilmer MS after making a hash of things. She's too close for comfort.

Posted by: Hernandez? ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:49AM

11:45 am post: Are you referring to Deborah Hernandez? Why didn't FCPS fire her? It's time for them to trim down administrators instead of passing them along to another school.

Posted by: B u ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:01PM

Lets get this straight...he issued a policy were students who get 3 tardiness receive a detention. I could maybe understand this under the right circumstances but hillside is closed and makes it virtually impossible to get to class on time if you leave your house at 7:15....every tardie after the 3rd is another detention and the detentions reset after the 2nd quarter starts...the past two days there has been 128 and 205 kids in detention...the school is full of pot heads he hasn't cleaned up anything and it is a fact he is looked down ap

Posted by: WorriedParent ()
Date: October 20, 2011 01:56PM

No worries about Deborah, WSHS is getting Danny Little. Of couse we wont know for sure until closer to Thanksgiving since that's when the decision is going to be announced. The panel was held yesterday but due to confidentially reasons, we don't know who the candidate(s) are and what questions were asked.

Posted by: WIMS ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:36PM

HOW do you know WSHS is getting Danny Little??? I mostly like him. A little aloof and still not one word from admin. about the WIMS being locked down last week for 50 minutes and dismissal delayed.

Date: October 20, 2011 06:02PM

well they like to use white guilt, which works well because the white parents don't criticize the black principals even if they suck...

Posted by: OMG! ()
Date: October 20, 2011 06:05PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> well they like to use white guilt, which works
> well because the white parents don't criticize the
> black principals even if they suck...

You are horrible.

Date: October 20, 2011 06:14PM

Why is that?

Date: October 20, 2011 06:15PM

Date: October 20, 2011 06:21PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> Why is that?

If you have to ask, you wouldn’t understand. The rest of us do.

Date: October 20, 2011 06:24PM

You are an idiot.

Date: October 20, 2011 06:28PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> You are an idiot.

You can't argue with crazy. Get some therapy.

Posted by: Any word? ()
Date: October 20, 2011 09:43PM

So who is the new principal going to be?

Posted by: worried parent ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:38PM

They will announce by Thanksgiving.

Posted by: rationalcat ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:40PM

logicaldog Wrote:

Yeah, they do. Madison had a black principal years ago and the white parents criticized her constantly.

The principal at McLean after Wardinski is black and, while she's not perfect, she's viewed as a big improvement over him.

Date: October 21, 2011 06:01PM

Believe me Danny Little is not better than Wardinski! Much, much worse!

Posted by: self rule ()
Date: October 21, 2011 06:28PM

I think its time we did an experiment in FCPS----no principal.

Let's honestly see if a school functions better without one-I bet it does.

With salary and benefits-say $160K-heck WSHS can buy new tolilet seats or something.

Say it with me....WE DON"T WANT A PRINCIPAL.

Posted by: Moving up? ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:33PM

What's the chance one of the AP’s will get the job?

Posted by: go away ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:43PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> You are an idiot.

logicaldog, on another FFU forum, you said that you were quitting FFU. I thought you were going away? JF, don't you have some Clifton neighbors to crank call?

Posted by: learn to like it ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:43PM

School system jobs are like tenure. Unless you commit a criminal act you cannot be fired ever.

Posted by: No hurry... ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:58PM

WSHS has the guy who opened Westfield, Romberger, filling in. I heard he was really good. Could they let him go for the rest of the year and not hire anoyone now?

Date: October 21, 2011 09:11PM

No, Leslie Butz already indicated that Romberger is just acting and that the selected Principal will be announced close to Thanksgiving

Posted by: Rumberger ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:15PM

Dale is who they send in when they have a mutiny on their hands. Wardinski sucked so bad that they needed to send in the ultimate politician- not that he is that great as a principal but a great politician- to placate the masses. No worries though, there is nobody as bad as Paul

Posted by: New principal ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:26PM

worried parent Wrote:
> No, Leslie Butz already indicated that Romberger
> is just acting and that the selected Principal
> will be announced close to Thanksgiving

I guess Leslie Butz is making the decision? Too bad, I think it might be good to let this guy carry the school through the end of the year and then open it up to all who might apply if the job were open during the summer.

Posted by: concerned Parent1 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:02PM

she makes the decision and then gets approval through her chain ultimately going to the school board. The School Board basically "rubber stamps" the selection.

By waiting till the new school year, means a new school board that might not be as willing to finalize the selection of her "top contender".

Date: October 22, 2011 08:17PM

Go Away- why don't you??

Posted by: you are idiots ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:22PM

Logicaldog is right - the county uses minority candidates to discourage parents from causing problems, because they know they will back down.

Posted by: You are an idiot, you are idiots ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:38PM

you are idiots Wrote:
> Logicaldog is right - the county uses minority
> candidates to discourage parents from causing
> problems, because they know they will back down.

The county uses minority candidates to discourage parents from causing problems? You may be stuck in the 60’s or 70’s but the rest of us have moved on. If a candidate (regardless of color) is or is not getting the job done, people will tell it like they see it.

Posted by: Could it be? ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:51PM

logicaldog Wrote:
> Go Away- why don't you??

I went away. Then I was lonely so I came back, but you weren’t here, so I left again. Then I found someone new, but he left, too. So I went away from there and came back here. Once I was back, I thought you were here, but I was wrong and couldn’t find you, so I left and found him. But he turned out to be just a mirage. So I am back… for you. Will it be real this time?

Date: October 23, 2011 10:01AM

No you don't get the point- FCPS puts minority administrators in predominantly white schools like W Springfield where parents have been "causing trouble" (please observe quotations marks), and because parents will not question them (white guilt, fear...) and will back down to minority principals. Works really well.

Posted by: Paranoia is definitely settling in ()
Date: October 23, 2011 03:46PM

you are idiots Wrote:
> No you don't get the point- FCPS puts minority
> administrators in predominantly white schools like
> W Springfield where parents have been "causing
> trouble" (please observe quotations marks), and
> because parents will not question them (white
> guilt, fear...) and will back down to minority
> principals. Works really well.

It’s not that we don’t get what you are saying, we just don’t buy the theory. If they hire a minority administrator it won’t be because whites won’t complain or challenge the principal. People will complain one way or another and this theory is bogus.

Date: October 24, 2011 10:15AM

It isn't a theory, it is a "best practice", tried and true behind the scenes of the gatehouse, and there is no degree of paranoia that is not justified when deal with that system.

Posted by: Jennifer Knox Fan ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:18PM

Jennifer Knox, the AP for the Senior Class over at WSHS, is in the final cut. Instead of bitching back and forth like this, why not e-mail Leslie Butz and tell her what you think? Leslie.Butz@fcps.edu - while you're at it, copy Dr. Dale. Jen Knox would bring the smarts and the stability back to WSHS that have been sorely lacking since David Smith left. She cares about people and will show her face. Wardinski mostly hides under his desk, and always looks startled when someone says "hello."

Date: October 27, 2011 08:26AM

Knox is def better than Danny Little, who the kids say is awful..I am afraid that if I send something supporting Knox they will do the opposite, you never know with FCPS which way it will go. But Little is a BIG mistake.

Posted by: cold ()
Date: October 27, 2011 09:55AM

From what I saw and heard, Danny Little cared little for interacting with ANYONE. Students, parents. He actively avoids even speaking to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Performs the basic job but won't even come to the evening performance of the school play. Very aloof, stand off-ish. That isn't always a bad thing, as long as basic stuff does get done. But why did he go into education if he really doesn't enjoy interacting with people at SOME level? Greg Hood was MUCH better with people, and he genuinely cared about students. Too bad he was moved to a new position.

Once an educator reaches this zone, FCPS keeps them. Forever. Danny Little is not well-suited to be a high school principal.

Date: October 27, 2011 10:40AM

so I can guess we can assume, true to form that they will pick Little, there is always some kind of punishment involved when you get a new principal, they almost always find a way to find someone who is actually worse. Parents need to stand up and resist if it is little.

Posted by: worried Parent ()
Date: October 27, 2011 11:58AM

They will pick Danny Little, someone told me he's Leslie's "Boy" like Wardinski was. I was told that when confronted by any parent who disagreed with him, Little would run to his office and hide to avoid them. The reason Irving ran well before Armando Peri was because of Greg Hood, he was a genuine person who really cared about the kids. BTW, Armando being the awful SR&R violator that he was, was promoted to Principal at an Elementary School in FCPS. Feel horrible for that school and the potential kids that are under his administration

Date: October 28, 2011 07:16AM

Little is a BIG MISTAKE, kids and parents hate him and this is a real F-you message from administration, for once, parents need to stand up to the fake process of recruitment from the bowels, I mean, ranks.

Posted by: avoidance ()
Date: October 28, 2011 07:41AM

If a student or parent is merely walking down a hallway at Irving and Mr. Little is there, he will turn away/avoid any contact. Not optimistic that his behavior will change if he moves to WSHS. I have known a very effective principal who was somewhat introverted, but he was effective because he made an extra effort to reach out and he was a GREAT teacher--kids loved him. Don't see this happening with Little. He does the minimum--no more.

Armando Peri--very disappointed when Greg Hood was promoted away from Irving and Peri assumed the assistant principal job. He was not a great fit with that age.

FCPS's school board and administrators are not doing a great job of keeping the focus on student education. The administrators seem to be mostly concerned with their own interests (Dan Meier, Robinson HS and real estate scam artist).

Posted by: better watch out ()
Date: October 28, 2011 10:01PM

WSHS is about to blow like a volcano and all it will take is the wrong choice for principal.

Posted by: Ssssssssspartan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 05:35AM

Mark Greenfelder, from Thoreau, will be the new principal, not Little.

You heard it here.

Posted by: The Truth Will Set You Free ()
Date: October 29, 2011 05:23PM

Caution West Springfield. Greenfelder is a dull knife. Former PE teacher who hasn't read a book in decades. He says all the right things, but the pool is very shallow. He too will be gone in four years once you realize the emperor wears no clothes. He's not ready to deal with a secondary school with a diverse population, large student body, and comprehensive athletics and extracurricular program. Thoreau is a middle school in Vienna. A five-year old could the head administrator there...well in fact, that's been the case.

Posted by: please no ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:32PM

Does FCPS hate WSHS? Why do they keep sending these ineffective administrators from other schools this way? Why are the duds passed along in the administrative pool?

For people who supposedly are educated and support quality education for children, many of these people (school board and administrators) are really LOUSY!

Posted by: not a fan ()
Date: October 29, 2011 07:58PM

When Wardinski leaves he needs to take Andy Muir with him.
The pair have ruined Student Activities at WSHS. Sports, clubs, booster clubs, you name it they find a way to kill the enthusiam of the kids.

Date: October 29, 2011 08:16PM

why don't they do an external search, since DC was just touted as "the place to live" they could get amazing candidates from all over the country and this job is a plum, no, they have to move some dead wood...

Posted by: Waaah ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:52PM

you are idiots Wrote:
> why don't they do an external search, since DC was
> just touted as "the place to live" they could get
> amazing candidates from all over the country and
> this job is a plum, no, they have to move some
> dead wood...

Why don't you whine a bit more and see if that's a big draw to some highly qualified candidates who happen to be total masochists?

The number of misanthropic assholes around here who complain about virtually everything makes it a miracle that anyone would ever want to spend time with their kids.

Date: October 30, 2011 08:35AM

so "waaa" let me get this straight- you are whining about what you think people are whining about- let me tell you this using your own language: "why don't you go out and get a job and get off welfare, and move out of your parents basement, and stop being an illegal immigrant"...damn liberals...there, I did it for you, so stop whining.

Posted by: Nothing would make you happy ()
Date: October 30, 2011 07:42PM

you are idiots Wrote:
> why don't they do an external search, since DC was
> just touted as "the place to live" they could get
> amazing candidates from all over the country and
> this job is a plum, no, they have to move some
> dead wood...

So, “you are idiots,” you’ve completed your detailed research and determined Greenfelder is dead wood? Do tell your scientific methods.

So you want an outside search? Isn't that what they did the last time FCPS needed a superintendent? My guess is you are not too happy with how that turned out. Anyway, how many “candidates from all over the country,” after Googling WSHS once or twice and reading posts like those on this thread, would want to move to Fairfax to deal with these “constituents?” Would you want to work with you?

Posted by: Any ideas? ()
Date: October 30, 2011 09:18PM

better watch out Wrote:
> WSHS is about to blow like a volcano and all it
> will take is the wrong choice for principal.

Who would be the right choice?

Date: October 31, 2011 07:42AM

hmmmm...someone with talent, creativity, insight, real ability (not fake FCPS propaganda ability), finesse, you know the list that any organization looks for defining leadership. Having served as a prior administrator in another FCPS school means nothing except for the fact that you have lived through it. You cannot possibly think that there would not be candidates from all over the country if it were advertised? Look at other systems, they recruit nationally on education websites and their own (there are lots). My definition of "dead wood" is another FCPS administrator who is cast off...or has not excelled. The ones who have done well and have proven themselves are quickly moved to the good schools where the parents won't put up with the likes of Wardinski and Little. I don't know Greenfelder but I bet a parent here does. Please expand.

Date: October 31, 2011 03:45PM

It appears that Greenfelder was an AP from Robinson from 2000 to 2005. At Thoreau worked with Northrop Grumman to help build/ influence the Aspire software that FCPS eventually bought from NGC. He's also quoted in several published books for hiw work with this effort and is a consultant. It would be nice for someone to publish what this person is really like. I've heard he's a "Climber" like Wardinski.

Posted by: WSHS Parent ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:50PM

It appears that he went to school through the WSHS Pyramid!

Posted by: The science is settled ()
Date: October 31, 2011 05:19PM

worried Parent Wrote:
> It appears that Greenfelder was an AP from
> Robinson from 2000 to 2005. At Thoreau worked with
> Northrop Grumman to help build/ influence the
> Aspire software that FCPS eventually bought from
> NGC. He's also quoted in several published books
> for hiw work with this effort and is a consultant.
> It would be nice for someone to publish what this
> person is really like. I've heard he's a "Climber"
> like Wardinski.

No reason to look into this anymore. "You are idiots" has already determined that Mr. Greenfelder is "dead wood." To quote, “My definition of ‘dead wood’ is another FCPS administrator who is cast off...or has not excelled. The ones who have done well and have proven themselves are quickly moved to the good schools where the parents won't put up with the likes of Wardinski and Little.”
Not sure what “you are idiots is saying” about West Springfield High School. Is he/she saying West Springfield is not one of the “good schools?”

Posted by: I Believe you ()
Date: October 31, 2011 05:59PM

Assistant Superintendent Leslie Butz, who is in charge of WSHS selection process, is apparently pretty steamed about all the idle chatter and suggestions from Spartan parents about who she should choose to replace the Warden. She's making the new principal announcement Tuesday, 11/1, 2:30 pm in school auditorium. Parents, you should show up. If she doesn't respect us and picks another loser, you should complain-A LOT. Her email is leslie.butz@fcps.edu - we need to be respected on this. WSHS is not a dumping ground!!!

Posted by: Well... ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:36PM

logicaldog Wrote:

you are idiots Wrote:
> Logicaldog is right - the county uses minority
> candidates to discourage parents from causing
> problems, because they know they will back down.

So is Greenfelder a minority?

Date: November 01, 2011 06:32AM

no, he's not and that maybe to his disadvantage.

Date: November 01, 2011 01:16PM

well she should have announced it by now then
and no, wshs is certainly not one of the upper income schools in this county (not langley, not mclean, not oakton....) it is very middle income and gets treated accordingly.

Date: November 01, 2011 01:17PM

there was an email this morning that they were appointment Dale Rumberger (same old same old) as interim principal...

Posted by: who knows ya know ()
Date: November 01, 2011 01:56PM

you are idiots Wrote:
> there was an email this morning that they were
> appointment Dale Rumberger (same old same old) as
> interim principal...

Eh that was public knowledge when Wardinski announced he was leaving. And you don't hear a lot of complaints about Rumberger. Someone here called him the politican principal...besides all that read that email, he's only going to be there this week and next week.

Whoever is the new principal will be starting on Nov. 15; you don't say in your email that Mr. Rumberger will be there until Nov. 15, 2011 unless the plan is to have the new person in place by that day.

We'll see what happens...besides aren't we all baited breath the announcement cometh in less than half and hour according to my sources.

Posted by: WSHS Parent ()
Date: November 01, 2011 06:34PM

so what's the news???

Posted by: Greenfelder is the New Principal ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:12PM

It was officially announced today at a faculty meeting after school.

Posted by: usernmae44 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 08:10PM

I just hope i don't ended up hating Greenfelder

Posted by: a good man ()
Date: November 01, 2011 09:58PM

Most of you on this forum are horrible people. He was a good principal. You try being the principal of a high school like WSHS. You would suck at it. There are many aspects of the job that you are forgetting about. You only see what he publicly says or does. He is a man of many hats. If you still believe that he is a horrible person after reading this then look in the mirror, most likely it is you that is the horrible person.

Posted by: to a "good man" ()
Date: November 01, 2011 10:22PM

A. He is not a man- a man has guts, a man defends his people, a man doesn't run when things get tough. Ask anyone: Griffin, Ukele, any of them. He may have a penis, but he is NOT a man.
B. Go to bed

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.