HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BRADDOCKRD & 123 TRAFFIC...
Posted by: Orange989? ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:15PM

what is going on at that intersection. I know traffic studies are being performed by they have REALLY screwed up the traffic at that intersection...lines going waaaaaay over the hill going west at Brecon Ridge.

Who to call ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BRADDOCKRD & 123 TRAFFIC...
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:15PM

Ghostbusters!

Posted by: Ogien ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:27PM

Orange989? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is going on at that intersection. I know
> traffic studies are being performed by they have
> REALLY screwed up the traffic at that
> intersection...lines going waaaaaay over the hill
> going west at Brecon Ridge.
>
> Who to call ?

I live fairly close to that intersection (about a mile away) and you're absolutely right, during rush-hour that intersection becomes one enormous traffic-jam.

Posted by: pony ()
Date: September 26, 2011 06:18PM

The best thing to do is post complaints to this blog. There is no pipe from here to FFx county or VDOT, but the magical fairy dust that must fly out of your ass to get other things done in your life should get the right people on that problem

Posted by: VDOT ()
Date: September 26, 2011 07:12PM

We screwed the light timing up at the request of GMU. If traffic gets really really bad, Fairfax City will support the West Campus Connector - new road and bridge from Braddock to Campus, through fieldhouse area: http://facilities.gmu.edu/projects/WCampConn/index.htm

Posted by: Captain Obvious ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:54PM

When traffic goes from 70 mph to 20 mph (past mason) it tends to back up. You slow everyone down to a stop for a redlight, and you only add to that backup.

Posted by: jbalo ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:57PM

they're putting in an overpass to GMU. that will help substantially.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=350295&paper=63&cat=104

Posted by: neighbor ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:58PM

Light timing changed in the last week. now heading east on Braddock at the light about 8 to 10 cars get through before it changes. 2 weeks ago at least 50 would go through.

Posted by: prof. hawkes ()
Date: September 28, 2011 06:33AM

Does this project have anything to do with the recent placement of cameras at each stoplight intersection on Braddock Road?

does George Mason have a actual student capacity in mind or just keep growing?

Posted by: judgeme ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:25PM

I looked at the map, but still can't figure out what they're planning and how it will ease traffic.

Posted by: That is a cluster fuck of an area ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:34PM

I need a drink after driving that way for my kids sporting events. Please build an overpass quickly. Plus I went it made in America.

Posted by: sdfajlsadfjl;afjsdfkla ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:42PM

http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/citizen.asp

Go there and report your complaint.

Posted by: red light fever ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:53PM

Just avoid the intersection. Go around using the Parkway or some of the roads east of the intersection.
It might help if when the light turned green the assholes texting went ahead instead of just sitting there.

Posted by: GMU President ()
Date: September 28, 2011 10:37PM

As the president of the university, I don't appreciate your whining. We will continue growing rapidly and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't even think about complaining about our impact on traffic, or I will close off Braddock Rd and Rt 123 altogether.

Posted by: Aggravated ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:35AM

Anyone else notice that the traffic is getting still worse at 123 and Braddock? Eastbound Braddock seems to be backed up to Shirley Gate morning and evening. Is this the norm now?

Posted by: bobabooie ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:47AM

Aggravated Wrote:
> Anyone else notice that the traffic is getting
> still worse at 123 and Braddock? Eastbound
> Braddock seems to be backed up to Shirley Gate
> morning and evening. Is this the norm now?

And northbound 123 is backed up almost to Burke center pky.

Posted by: quitter ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:38PM

GMU President Wrote:
> As the president of the university, I don't
> appreciate your whining. We will continue growing
> rapidly and there's nothing you can do about it.
> Don't even think about complaining about our
> impact on traffic, or I will close off Braddock Rd
> and Rt 123 altogether.

Dr Merten, you friggin quit after McDonnell appointed several of his minions to the Board. Then all your chiefs started bailing, like the head of admissions, financial aid, the basketball coach, a provost and others to be named.

Posted by: Near George Mason ()
Date: October 22, 2011 06:36PM

Mason has ruined this area for residents. They are too large for this community and the infrastructure. All the politicians cater to them too.

Posted by: yupp ()
Date: October 22, 2011 09:32PM

Near George Mason Wrote:
> Mason has ruined this area for residents. They are
> too large for this community and the
> infrastructure. All the politicians cater to them
> too.

So move elsewhere.

Posted by: fo ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:50PM

A lot of it is caused by that light at Roanoke River (Sunoco station). That light totally favors the GMU traffic at the expense of Braddock traffic. A rare case where a side street takes precedence over the main drag.

What really pisses me off is when the circus or other event is at GMU. When the show is over, a GMU cop goes to the traffic light control box and stops the Braddock traffic and lets hundreds of show-goers out of there while cars on Braddock sit and steam.

Goddammit, if you want to go to the show, you should accept the hassles that go with it, don't penalize the innocent fuckers on Braddock!

sydney hawkes
Posted by: sydney hawkes ()
Date: May 19, 2016 11:12AM

hey thank you very much for all the un thoughtful comments you write about me on here.I really appreciate it any who I must be minding my own business if you don't say because I don't get on this website and post crap about other people and start up drama if you don't like me fine that is on you! if you hate me that would be in your personal opinion was not put on this earth to please anybody whith my actions or anything. But please stop and drop the conversation on this website and lets all show a little maturity and back away from this topic and forget about it but tbh everyone not perfect wanna talk about the thing going on in my life go ahead its not ganna get you anywhere in life! think about it would you want anyone talking about you on here or is all your family perfect exacly okay will I feel I have made a point here we all have something in life that makes life difficult and things not going perfectly hahah no one is perfect will this blog is very point less you may go ahead and keep on writing about me out your fee own will it doesn't really effect me in anyway okay will I feel I had to say what I had to say okay have a nice dayyy byeeee

Re: sydney hawkes
Posted by: heyyy ()
Date: May 20, 2016 03:55PM

hahhaa she gets into truble some but i loveeeeeeeee herrrrr sweeet girl soooo sweeet hahahahah bitches we aint all perfect

Re: sydney hawkes
Posted by: j ass ()
Date: May 22, 2016 05:33PM

sydneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hawkkkkkkkkkkkessssssss geeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg she fucking hilarious and a good person bitchesssss

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.