HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Townhomes in Fairfax county
Posted by: mainstream guy ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:24AM

I know the cost of home ownership is still pretty high in Fairfax so I am looking at a couple townhouses in the Burke area. Does living in a townhouse or condo automaticly brand you as a low rent loser?
I dont see how anyone would live in a townhouse by choice. A condo is for people that are too fat or old or lazy to maintain a yard.
I grew up in a house on 20 acres of land so these townhouses just look pitiful to me but it may be all I can afford. Will people look down on me if I live in a townhouse?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Townhomes in Fairfax county
Posted by: BurkeRes ()
Date: September 26, 2011 06:04AM

"I grew up in a house on 20 acres of land so these townhouses just look pitiful to me but it may be all I can afford."
Being a loser is a mindset. You clearly have it.
It's too bad you can't live up to the standard you'd grown accustomed to, but that says nothing about anyone else buy you. The lifestyle afforded to you by your successful parents is something you seem to be unable to attain for yourself. Perhaps they are ashamed by your relative lack of success. Perhaps that is the root of what's wrong with you, evidenced by your question. I see a sad, empty future for you.

Posted by: Not At All ()
Date: September 26, 2011 07:14AM

I spent 15 years living in a townhome. Considering that it was a nicely equipped end unit with a garage, we ended up have some side property. I'm sure in quite a few cases, it would have outclassed many single family homes because due to the size, it didn't feel like a townhome - other than all the steps between the 3 levels.

Oh, and we sold at the height of the market a little over 5 years ago - made a killing on the price and the sale. The market then dropped, and I believe the current owner now has a property that is worth $100K less, and 100% financing was utilized. Sadly, the mortgage companies were allowing buyers to do this at the time - so I'm not sure if I should feel pity or sorry that that property is upside down in the mortgage.

Posted by: Ivory Tower Guy ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:51AM

mainstream guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A condo is for people that are too fat or old or lazy to maintain a yard.

Perhaps condos are also for people that value their free time. While you are shoveling snow, cutting, seeding, watering, aerating and fertilizing your grass, trimming your edges, raking your leaves, clipping your hedges, cleaning the outsides of your windows, painting the exterior of your home/installing and or maintaining the siding/maintaining the brickwork, sealing your driveway, and hauling your trashcans back and forth from the curb, I'm off crushing my Titleist or carving up the slopes.

My life's not better than yours...just different. People choose things for MANY reasons.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: September 26, 2011 09:34AM

"Will people look down on me if I live in a townhouse?"

No, but I wouldn't show these comments to anyone else if you don't want people to look down on you. You give away your age and lack of experience.

Posted by: Near George Mason Univ ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:38PM

Buying a TH makes you smarter, in the right neighborhood. You are getting the cheapest thing in the nice neighborhood, pay less in taxes generally and have less outdoor work to do. Besides, it's whats on the inside that counts. Plenty of people buy bigger homes and can't afford furnishings, property tax, AC/heat bills, etc.

Posted by: hicktownie ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:06PM

where i come from they would build townhouses in cornfields on the cheap and sell them for $80k, mostly to "rich" white folk to rent out for $500-600/mo.

If you lived in a townhouse you were a poe-mofo. but out here man, if you have a fucking garage your are high rollin up in this bitch. seriously, if you own land your ass is living large, even if they measure it by the sqft.

another thing you may not have picked up on yet. those people who have large or even small single family homes...they are poor!! yes, they are paying $3000/mo+ but they can't afford to do anything else. and they probably have 2-3 incomes. THEN there's the minority families that buy a 4000sqft townhome w/ garage and move grandpa and grandma in with them to watch their 5 kids while they run their resturants/stores. then have other young working age family to help with the mortgage. and they are poor as hell too.

rarely will you find somoene in FFX CO with a nice single family home, in two incomes, and still living a comfortable lifestyle. take my advice -- get a townhouse, or condo you can afford, and still live comfortably. when this market crashes out, and everyone else flees the area...you'll be sittin pretty to buy their $800K single family home for $350k.

Posted by: homeowner ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:09PM

Near George Mason Univ Wrote:
> Buying a TH makes you smarter, in the right
> neighborhood. You are getting the cheapest thing
> in the nice neighborhood, pay less in taxes
> generally and have less outdoor work to do.
> Besides, it's whats on the inside that counts.
> Plenty of people buy bigger homes and can't afford
> furnishings, property tax, AC/heat bills, etc.

+1. Although I would not go with cheapest - maybe middle of the road. I live in what's probably a median priced home for my area, but we have plenty of McMansions around. I know that a lot of those folks have no more take home pay than me, but they bought up to the absolute limit and now have to live with that. Live in a place that is comfortably below what the RE mafia says you can afford, and you will never regret it. Sure you may get the occasional pang of envy at the backyard pool or whatever, but you can sleep soundly knowing you are not living on the edge financially. It's all about the choices you make....

Posted by: R_in_FFX ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:11PM

Aside from the cleaning and maintaining of a house vs condo / apt ... I simply dont own that much 'stuff' nor do I want to, rewatch Fight Club

Posted by: Realtors Opinion ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:27PM

No I don't need your business but will give you my 17 years of knowledge. You should look at a town home over a condo right now. There are lending regulations that were recently passed that are having a negative effect on some condo projects. These rules do not apply to town homes. Example if there are 100 units in a project and 15 of those are delinquent then Fannie Mae says you can't get a loan on a unit there. Which means only a cash buyer would buy the property and of course they want a discount. Over a period of time this negatively effects the value. This is why some developments in our area have gone down in value while others are going up. Yes values are up stop watching the news. If you bought in 2006 that statement does not apply to you and I am so sorry for your loss. Reasons to buy now versus renting. If you don't make a lot of money BB&T has 100% financing with no PMI at a 4% rate. This gets you in the home for very little money. Your mortgage would probably be less than what a rental payment is because rents are up 15% in our area. You get a tax break for the interest. You can rent a room out and have someone pay part of your mortgage. Once you own the property take your monthly mortgage payment divide it by 4 send that amount once a week to your lender you end up paying your loan off much quicker. Right now you are paying a mortgage it just isn't yours.

Posted by: old timer1942 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:28PM

Realtors Opinion Wrote:
> No I don't need your business but will give you my
> 17 years of knowledge. You should look at a town
> home over a condo right now. There are lending
> regulations that were recently passed that are
> having a negative effect on some condo projects.
> These rules do not apply to town homes. Example
> if there are 100 units in a project and 15 of
> those are delinquent then Fannie Mae says you
> can't get a loan on a unit there. Which means
> only a cash buyer would buy the property and of
> course they want a discount. Over a period of
> time this negatively effects the value. This is
> why some developments in our area have gone down
> in value while others are going up. Yes values
> are up stop watching the news. If you bought in
> 2006 that statement does not apply to you and I am
> so sorry for your loss. Reasons to buy now versus
> renting. If you don't make a lot of money BB&T
> has 100% financing with no PMI at a 4% rate. This
> gets you in the home for very little money. Your
> mortgage would probably be less than what a rental
> payment is because rents are up 15% in our area.
> You get a tax break for the interest. You can
> rent a room out and have someone pay part of your
> mortgage. Once you own the property take your
> monthly mortgage payment divide it by 4 send that
> amount once a week to your lender you end up
> paying your loan off much quicker. Right now you
> are paying a mortgage it just isn't yours.

Realtors will always say stuff like this no matter what the situation. Total BS every time.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:34PM

BurkeRes Wrote:
> "I grew up in a house on 20 acres of land so these
> townhouses just look pitiful to me but it may be
> all I can afford."
> Being a loser is a mindset. You clearly have it.
> It's too bad you can't live up to the standard
> you'd grown accustomed to, but that says nothing
> about anyone else buy you. The lifestyle afforded
> to you by your successful parents is something you
> seem to be unable to attain for yourself. Perhaps
> they are ashamed by your relative lack of success.
> Perhaps that is the root of what's wrong with
> you, evidenced by your question. I see a sad,
> empty future for you.

Wow thanks man. I am thinking that you must be a townhouse guy. I guess I would have a hard time being your firewall buddy,you must be a douchebag.

Posted by: Rental cost? ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:37PM

I am only in the area for the next 3-4 years.

I need a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom in an upscale townhouse. I need VRE or near 66.

What would be the rent?

The place I like has a great kitchen, hardwood floors and a garage $2,000 a month seems high.

Date: September 27, 2011 05:11AM

Rental cost? Wrote:
> I am only in the area for the next 3-4 years.
>
> I need a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom in an upscale
> townhouse. I need VRE or near 66.
>
> What would be the rent?
>
> The place I like has a great kitchen, hardwood
> floors and a garage $2,000 a month seems high.

I think 2000 a month is about average for a townhouse unless you want to live in manassas. Townhouse people give up alot I think. Parking wars crime and noise seem to be the name of the game in the townhouse communities I have seen so far. Just people living right on top of each other. But if you have to live in this area and make less than 100k thats about all you can get is a townhouse.

Posted by: Woodland Way ()
Date: September 29, 2011 08:32AM

BurkeRes Wrote:
> all I can afford."
> empty future for you.

Townhouses are okay in the 5 to 7 years after you graduate but it does make people seem like losers if they still live in one in their 30's or 40's. It's kind of sad really.

Posted by: HUH ()
Date: September 29, 2011 04:13PM

So your sad if you live in a townhouse that costs $650,000 yeah their life must really suck. There are townhomes in Alexandria going for over a million their life must suck even more. If you need your house to make you feel better about who you are that's what makes you a loser.

Posted by: dummy ()
Date: September 29, 2011 08:48PM

"Townhouses are okay in the 5 to 7 years after you graduate but it does make people seem like losers if they still live in one in their 30's or 40's. It's kind of sad really."

Nigga Please..

Posted by: Ghetto Townhomes ()
Date: September 29, 2011 09:17PM

HUH Wrote:
> So your sad if you live in a townhouse that costs
> $650,000 yeah their life must really suck. There
> are townhomes in Alexandria going for over a
> million their life must suck even more. If you
> need your house to make you feel better about who
> you are that's what makes you a loser.

McLean has some really "ghetto" townhomes that I'd pity anyone to live in. Sheesh, who'd want this place? Only $1,049,900.

McLean Cove | Tysons Metro | FOR SALE
7035 Little Leaf Linden Lane
McLean, VA

Price: $1,049,900
Type: Residential
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 4

LAST BRAND NEW MCLEAN COVE TOWNHOME!! Three levels w/ nearly 3,400 SF of living space -- plus the extra features you expect from a luxury townhome: an all brick exterior, a fenced rear patio and a two car garage!! Exquisite architectural ...

Attachments:
mclean.JPG

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: September 29, 2011 09:37PM

I prefer to not live in a townhome or condominium for one major reason. I'm an asshole. People are assholes too. I don't want to share walls with them. They're better off not sharing walls with me either.

I don't like to bother people and I don't want to be bothered. Hearing people fuck, or kids running around like elephants, or the shithead teenager playing loud music - people are intrinsically inconsiderate. I also want to fuck, have loud kids running around and be a shithead playing loud music without bothering anybody.

If anybody in the house has a problem, we can work it out without political fallout like getting the HOA on your ass or doing stupid shit that is just shy of breaking the rules.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: September 29, 2011 09:40PM

old timer1942 Wrote:
> Realtors will always say stuff like this no matter
> what the situation. Total BS every time.

+1 When have you ever heard a real estate agent say it was a bad time to buy? They just change their sales tactic depending on whether it is a buyers' or sellers' market.

Posted by: Your Better ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:00PM

To be frank...and 100% honest...I live in a house currently appraising at around 1.1 million...in an upscale neighborhood...with a short commute to work...and yes, my wife and I look down on all of you.

Posted by: And Echoes...With The Sound...Of Salesmen. ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:03PM

wnrsm Wrote:
> old timer1942 Wrote:
> > Realtors will always say stuff like this no
> matter
> > what the situation. Total BS every time.
>
>
> +1 When have you ever heard a real estate agent
> say it was a bad time to buy? They just change
> their sales tactic depending on whether it is a
> buyers' or sellers' market.

+2 While I have never sold real estate, I have been in sales for the last 20 years so, I have seen the entire economic cycle. The successful firms, organizations and companies indeed spend A GREAT DEAL OF TIME training their sales personnel on how to sell in every environment, situation and circumstance.

Posted by: I'm With You, Brother ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:19PM

Your Better Wrote:
> To be frank...and 100% honest...I live in a house
> currently appraising at around 1.1 million...in an
> upscale neighborhood...with a short commute to
> work...and yes, my wife and I look down on all of
> you.

I'm with you, brother. When can we hook up for a BBQ and smoke some imported cigars from your built-in humidor?

Posted by: Your Better ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:33PM

I'm With You, Brother Wrote:
> Your Better Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > To be frank...and 100% honest...I live in a
> house
> > currently appraising at around 1.1 million...in
> an
> > upscale neighborhood...with a short commute to
> > work...and yes, my wife and I look down on all
> of
> > you.
>
> I'm with you, brother. When can we hook up for a
> BBQ and smoke some imported cigars from your
> built-in humidor?

Sorry. No walk-in humidor, but we do have quite a few built-in bookcases, so you could drop by and read. ;)

True story - we are both on our second marriage...and we each lived in a townhouse when we married. I owned mine outright...and she also had quite a bit of equity in hers...so this is our first single-family home...which we came close to buying in cash. It's our seven figure starter home. :)

BTW OP with the question, you are an idiot. My neighbor has two (count them two) Ferraris and I drive a ten year-old truck...and could give a rat's ass what anyone thinks.

Just in case you are smart enough to listen OP - buy a house somewhere near work and/or somewhere with a decent cultural scene. Get the fuck out of Burke. That's the 8th circle of hell...and Target does not count as culture.

Posted by: vjj ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:36PM

mainstream guy Wrote:
> I know the cost of home ownership is still pretty
> high in Fairfax so I am looking at a couple
> townhouses in the Burke area. Does living in a
> townhouse or condo automaticly brand you as a low
> rent loser?
> I dont see how anyone would live in a townhouse by
> choice. A condo is for people that are too fat or
> old or lazy to maintain a yard.
> I grew up in a house on 20 acres of land so these
> all I can afford. Will people look down on me if I
> live in a townhouse?

People have quite a few other reasons to look down on you, based on your post. Your living arrangements will be of little or no concern to others.

Posted by: Sick of Idiots in THs ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:56PM

wnrsm Wrote:
> I prefer to not live in a townhome or condominium
> for one major reason. I'm an asshole. People are
> assholes too. I don't want to share walls with
> them. They're better off not sharing walls with
> me either.
>
> I don't like to bother people and I don't want to
> be bothered. Hearing people fuck, or kids running
> around like elephants, or the shithead teenager
> playing loud music - people are intrinsically
> inconsiderate. I also want to fuck, have loud
> kids running around and be a shithead playing loud
> music without bothering anybody.
>
> If anybody in the house has a problem, we can work
> it out without political fallout like getting the
> HOA on your ass or doing stupid shit that is just
> shy of breaking the rules.

I don't know if I am oversensitive or if the people around me are just assholes, but I hate my townhouse. It has a rear garage with an alley and there is always some group of people hanging out in the middle of the street, or all the kids play back there when there is a fucking common area with grass and a playground about 200 feet away. All I want to do is get my car in and out without having to run some kids over or wait for the house frau two doors down to move her lawn chair from the street. What is wrong with the front of your house where no garages are? Or your backyard? Or the common space 200 feet away? Or your deck? That is where I would go to have a beer and chat with people if I didn't think everyone around me was a moron.

Nevermind that having a deck that is literally 2 feet away from your neighbor is fucking pointless. "Oh hey, you are grilling too". Just what I want to do after I get home.

And the number of adults who apparently hold professional jobs that cannot care for a patch of grass is astonishing.

I'm going single family next with a decent size buffer from the neighbor, I don't care if I am out in goddamn Gainesville. It will be worth every minute of the commute. Its not even about the square footage, it is about the buffer.

Posted by: I'm With You, Brother ()
Date: September 29, 2011 11:06PM

Sick of Idiots in THs Wrote:
>
> I don't know if I am oversensitive or if the
> people around me are just assholes, but I hate my
> townhouse. It has a rear garage with an alley and
> there is always some group of people hanging out
> in the middle of the street, or all the kids play
> back there when there is a fucking common area
> with grass and a playground about 200 feet away.
> All I want to do is get my car in and out without
> having to run some kids over or wait for the house
> frau two doors down to move her lawn chair from
> the street. What is wrong with the front of your
> house where no garages are? Or your backyard? Or
> the common space 200 feet away? Or your deck?
> That is where I would go to have a beer and chat
> with people if I didn't think everyone around me
> was a moron.
>
> Nevermind that having a deck that is literally 2
> feet away from your neighbor is fucking pointless.
> "Oh hey, you are grilling too". Just what I want
> to do after I get home.
>
> And the number of adults who apparently hold
> professional jobs that cannot care for a patch of
> grass is astonishing.
>
> I'm going single family next with a decent size
> buffer from the neighbor, I don't care if I am out
> in goddamn Gainesville. It will be worth every
> minute of the commute. Its not even about the
> square footage, it is about the buffer.

I can't figure out why they are building new townhomes with the garage in the back. The small deck that gets built in / on is very useless if you ask me. Plus, if you were to check in your regs., I'll bet that the children playing behind the homes on the asphalt is prohibited. Roads and driveways are for driving on and not playing - especially when the asphalt belongs to the community that you live in.

If you are annoyed by them playing out there when you want to get home, but are afraid about running them over, launch a complaint with your community manager. You have a right to your own peace and security, too.

The only thing that sucks right now is the flat housing market. Even for people who try and sell now, most have to bring checks to the closing table. That takes a bit bite out of the next property you want to buy. I'm sure we'll see a recovery, but it could be many years 8, 9 possibly 10.

Posted by: Sick of Idiots ()
Date: September 30, 2011 08:16AM

I'm With You, Brother Wrote:
> Sick of Idiots in THs Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > I don't know if I am oversensitive or if the
> > people around me are just assholes, but I hate
> my
> > townhouse. It has a rear garage with an alley
> and
> > there is always some group of people hanging
> out
> > in the middle of the street, or all the kids
> play
> > back there when there is a fucking common area
> > with grass and a playground about 200 feet away.
>
> > All I want to do is get my car in and out
> without
> > having to run some kids over or wait for the
> house
> > frau two doors down to move her lawn chair from
> > the street. What is wrong with the front of
> your
> > house where no garages are? Or your backyard?
> Or
> > the common space 200 feet away? Or your deck?
> > That is where I would go to have a beer and
> chat
> > with people if I didn't think everyone around
> me
> > was a moron.
> >
> > Nevermind that having a deck that is literally
> 2
> > feet away from your neighbor is fucking
> pointless.
> > "Oh hey, you are grilling too". Just what I
> want
> > to do after I get home.
> >
> > And the number of adults who apparently hold
> > professional jobs that cannot care for a patch
> of
> > grass is astonishing.
> >
> > I'm going single family next with a decent size
> > buffer from the neighbor, I don't care if I am
> out
> > in goddamn Gainesville. It will be worth every
> > minute of the commute. Its not even about the
> > square footage, it is about the buffer.
>
>
> I can't figure out why they are building new
> townhomes with the garage in the back. The small
> deck that gets built in / on is very useless if
> you ask me. Plus, if you were to check in your
> regs., I'll bet that the children playing behind
> the homes on the asphalt is prohibited. Roads and
> driveways are for driving on and not playing -
> especially when the asphalt belongs to the
> community that you live in.
>
> If you are annoyed by them playing out there when
> you want to get home, but are afraid about running
> them over, launch a complaint with your community
> manager. You have a right to your own peace and
> security, too.
>
> The only thing that sucks right now is the flat
> housing market. Even for people who try and sell
> now, most have to bring checks to the closing
> table. That takes a bit bite out of the next
> property you want to buy. I'm sure we'll see a
> recovery, but it could be many years 8, 9 possibly
> 10.

Well I didn't buy the house, the soon to be wife did, and with our income we can get a single-family, just not exactly in McLean or anything like that. Luckily she isn't buried in this house, so the biggest problem would be selling right now for the right price. The foreclosure 2 doors down isn't helping that anytime soon. I swear, the suckers are the people who actually bought what they could afford. That woman who owned that house is probably living better than we are, and certainly not worrying about what the foreclosure down the street is selling for.

Posted by: Drywall contractor ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:14PM

Ghetto Townhomes Wrote:
> HUH Wrote:
> -----
> > So your sad if you live in a townhouse that
> costs
> > $650,000 yeah their life must really suck.
> There
> > are townhomes in Alexandria going for over a
> > million their life must suck even more. If you
> > need your house to make you feel better about
> who
> > you are that's what makes you a loser.
>
> McLean has some really "ghetto" townhomes that I'd
> pity anyone to live in. Sheesh, who'd want this
> place? Only $1,049,900.
>
> McLean Cove | Tysons Metro | FOR SALE
> 7035 Little Leaf Linden Lane
> McLean, VA
>
> Status: Sold
> Price: $1,049,900
> Type: Residential
> Bedrooms: 3
> Bathrooms: 4
>
> LAST BRAND NEW MCLEAN COVE TOWNHOME!! Three
> levels w/ nearly 3,400 SF of living space -- plus
> the extra features you expect from a luxury
> townhome: an all brick exterior, a fenced rear
> patio and a two car garage!! Exquisite
> architectural ...
>

Those Mclean cove homes looked just aweful to me. The construction looked very poor. For less money you can get a single family home with a nice yard and a lot more privacy over off of westmoreland drive. Those homes are older and well built just not fancy.
I have tried townhome living and it sucks unless you are a people person.

Posted by: Junk Homes ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:24PM

Drywall contractor Wrote:
> Ghetto Townhomes Wrote:
> -----
> > HUH Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > So your sad if you live in a townhouse that
> > costs
> > > $650,000 yeah their life must really suck.
> > There
> > > are townhomes in Alexandria going for over a
> > > million their life must suck even more. If
> you
> > > need your house to make you feel better about
> > who
> > > you are that's what makes you a loser.
> >
> > McLean has some really "ghetto" townhomes that
> I'd
> > pity anyone to live in. Sheesh, who'd want
> this
> > place? Only $1,049,900.
> >
> > McLean Cove | Tysons Metro | FOR SALE
> > 7035 Little Leaf Linden Lane
> > McLean, VA
> >
> > Status: Sold
> > Price: $1,049,900
> > Type: Residential
> > Bedrooms: 3
> > Bathrooms: 4
> >
> > LAST BRAND NEW MCLEAN COVE TOWNHOME!! Three
> > levels w/ nearly 3,400 SF of living space --
> plus
> > the extra features you expect from a luxury
> > townhome: an all brick exterior, a fenced rear
> > patio and a two car garage!! Exquisite
> > architectural ...
> >
>
> Those Mclean cove homes looked just aweful to me.
> The construction looked very poor. For less money
> you can get a single family home with a nice yard
> and a lot more privacy over off of westmoreland
> drive. Those homes are older and well built just
> not fancy.
> I have tried townhome living and it sucks unless
> you are a people person.

I don't care how expensive it is, but I always get the impression that anything built in the last decade is a poorly built POS. The exception may be some ridiculously expensive custom home. Anything from Pulte, Toll Brothers, K.Hovnanian, Beazer, KB, or the other national home building corporations are piles of garbage.

Posted by: Geezer ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:35PM

I sold a single family home in S. Arlington for a FFx townhouse
and love it. Someone above mentioned maintenance, cutting grass,
etc. and it's spot on. We paid $175K back in 2000 and it would
sell for around $350K these days. HOA can sometimes be a pain
in the ass but overall it's very good. Parking wars? Yes.
Kids who aren't being supervised by parents? Occasionally.
Now, as far as someone looking down on me for living in a
townhouse? Fuck'em. I know a guy who could put my three story
townhouse in his living room but he won't tell how much his
heating bills are now. I also like the idea of having several
retirees who live here and keep an eye on things during the day.
They'll drop a dime in a heartbeat if they see anything that
looks suspicious and in all the time I've lived here we've
only had one attempted break-in that was by a relative
of the owner who had a grudge.

Posted by: pope's head ()
Date: October 03, 2011 07:47PM

townhouse people are low rent most of the time.
Just a fact of life.

Posted by: destewart01 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 10:40AM

I guess I'm a people person. I love townhome living. Best of both worlds, not much yard to take care, but no one living above or below you. If you live in the middle of a row you save a lot on energy bills. If you dont want to stare at your neighbors deck or have them stare at your while you grill, put up a high wooden fence or thick lattice on either side of the deck.

A lot of DC and Richmond townhomes (in old neighborhoods) have a small yard in the rear and a fenced in parking space off the alley thats inside the rear yard wide enough for 1 or 2 cars. That way you get a patio/yard and a private parking space.

If you buy/rent historic, you CANNOT hear on the other side of the firewall. My 1890 townhouse I rented in the Fan District of Richmond... had a brick firewall so thick, it probably could have taken direct canon fire without caving in.

I loved sitting out front and saying hello to my neighbors as they came and went. To each their own.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: October 05, 2011 10:47AM

I live in a townhouse. Every house is what you make of it. Depending on where you are in Fairfax, a single family home is simply out of the budget for many people. Some of the townhouses I've visited - especially those in the City of Fairfax in certain areas - are top-shelf all the way.

Sure, I wish I had a yard or some land, but for now, we've got enough space for the family and it's within our budget. Maybe down the road we'll upgrade, but for now, we like the townhouse. Just check out the neighborhood and the HOA and make sure you're comfortable with them.

Posted by: destewart01 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 10:47AM

yeah. those townhouse people in Georgetown, Old Town, Dupont, Capitol Hill, Mclean, Falls Church, Reston, Vienna sure are low rent...

Posted by: gated driveway ()
Date: October 11, 2011 05:00AM

destewart01 Wrote:
> yeah. those townhouse people in Georgetown, Old
> Town, Dupont, Capitol Hill, Mclean, Falls Church,
> Reston, Vienna sure are low rent...

The first three places you mention are not in Fairfax county.
The rest are for the most part low rent except for a few townhome communities in Mclean.
Like it or not its just natural to see townhouse living as a sign of failure.
I would not let my kids play with townhouse kids. Thats just the way it is.

Posted by: Yucky23. ()
Date: October 11, 2011 06:36AM

Only 3rd world poor people (aka Democrats) live in townhomes...

GET OUT OF MY AREA YOU FILTHY PEASANTS!

Date: October 11, 2011 08:37PM

Yucky23. Wrote:
> Only 3rd world poor people (aka Democrats) live in
> townhomes...
>
> GET OUT OF MY AREA YOU FILTHY PEASANTS!

I work with a few townhome people and they seem nice, just a little simple.

Posted by: Happy Harry Homeowner ()
Date: October 11, 2011 10:04PM

gated driveway Wrote:
> destewart01 Wrote:
> -----
> > yeah. those townhouse people in Georgetown, Old
> > Town, Dupont, Capitol Hill, Mclean, Falls
> Church,
> > Reston, Vienna sure are low rent...
>
>
> The first three places you mention are not in
> Fairfax county.
> The rest are for the most part low rent except for
> a few townhome communities in Mclean.
> Like it or not its just natural to see townhouse
> living as a sign of failure.
> I would not let my kids play with townhouse kids.
> Thats just the way it is.

That's quite the pompous post, sir...I earn $223,000/yr. I live alone. I'm on travel, overnight away from my NOVA townhouse over 200 nights/yr. I could easily afford a single family home but, why would I do that when I...am...NEVER...there?

Posted by: townhorse ()
Date: April 13, 2013 12:51PM

Life is too short to live in a townhouse. Sadly the poor uneducated masses simply have no other option.

Posted by: poundit ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:41PM

For the same price, you can get a nicer townhouse than a detached home. A large percentage of condo buyers are landlords. A lot of people buy them to live in and rent it out if their job moves them to a different part of the metro area.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:45PM

townhorse Wrote:
> Life is too short to live in a townhouse. Sadly
> the poor uneducated masses simply have no other
> option.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice..............

Posted by: Lee Horsey ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:50PM

townhorse Wrote:
> option.

Or type from your dad's basement or mom's attic.

Posted by: YouDon'tKnowWhatYou're Saying ()
Date: April 13, 2013 01:54PM

townhorse Wrote:
> option.

I spent my entire life in single family homes. When I moved here in 1999 with my wife and 2 kids in college, I bought a Falls Church townhome. The value rose from $350k to near $800k and now has setlled into the low $600s.

The end unit house is fantastic as is the small TH community. The HOA is friendly, reasonable, helpful. I've had a retired Army colonel and now a young, single attroney as next door neighbors. I have yet to hear sound from the adjoining home in 14 years.

Best real estate move my wife and I ever made.

Poor and uneducated? You're joking, of course. I make $255/year and my wife add $65k/year to help out.

Posted by: townhorse ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:20PM

YouDon'tKnowWhatYou're Saying Wrote:
> townhorse Wrote:
> -----
> > Life is too short to live in a townhouse. Sadly
> > the poor uneducated masses simply have no other
> > option.
>
>
> I spent my entire life in single family homes.
> When I moved here in 1999 with my wife and 2 kids
> in college, I bought a Falls Church townhome. The
> value rose from $350k to near $800k and now has
> setlled into the low $600s.
>
> The end unit house is fantastic as is the small TH
> community. The HOA is friendly, reasonable,
> helpful. I've had a retired Army colonel and now a
> young, single attroney as next door neighbors. I
> have yet to hear sound from the adjoining home in
> 14 years.
>
> Best real estate move my wife and I ever made.
>
> Poor and uneducated? You're joking, of course. I
> make $255/year and my wife add $65k/year to help
> out.

Thats great that you are happy there. Do you have to share a swimming pool with the great unwashed? I suppose you have to keep your horses boarded at some distant place and you have to share tennis courts with God knows what kind of people. I could not live that way.

Posted by: tabs703 ()
Date: April 13, 2013 02:59PM

LMAO

Posted by: YouDon'tKnowWhatYou're Saying ()
Date: April 13, 2013 03:44PM

townhorse Wrote:
> Thats great that you are happy there. Do you have
> to share a swimming pool with the great unwashed?
> I suppose you have to keep your horses boarded at
> some distant place and you have to share tennis
> courts with God knows what kind of people. I could
> not live that way.

Funny you should ask, but we do have a swimming pool with a well appointed club house, but as a 56 year old guy, I don't go there and make fool of myself with all the 25 year old girls lounging around.

Tennis courts? You got me on that one.

I take it you have a private pool, tennis courts and stable.

Maybe in your dreams, huh?

Posted by: *Zelinsky* ()
Date: April 13, 2013 04:16PM

townhorse Wrote:
> Do you have to share a swimming pool with the great unwashed?
> I suppose you have to keep your horses boarded at
> some distant place .... I could
> not live that way.

Hahahahahahaha

What a fucking idiot!!

Hey, how's the view out of your basement window?

Can you see your horse stables from there?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

You stupid fuck.

Posted by: slap happy ()
Date: April 13, 2013 05:49PM

Pow! In the face...enjoy =)
Attachments:
1722.jpg

Posted by: Clifton Mom ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:15PM

mainstream guy Wrote:
> rent loser?
> live in a townhouse?

A townhouse community is no place to raise a child. When the county closed our local school my kids were in danger of having to go to school with townhouse kids. I had to send my kids to a private school to keep them away from the drugs and violence that come with low rent kids.

Posted by: payup ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:22PM

It depends on where you live. Best place is a new community where a lot of young families have recently moved in. A lot of the McMansion homes have the townhome feel to it. Very little land. The rooms are small.

Posted by: west wing ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:51PM

BurkeRes Wrote:
> all I can afford."
> empty future for you.

I know this is a old thread that someone bumped but I couldn't help but LMAO at BurkeRes who is clearly a butthurt townhouse loser.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: July 19, 2013 02:48PM

mainstream guy Wrote:
> rent loser?
> live in a townhouse?

I don't want to pay TAXES on 20 acres of unproductive land unless it was providing me income from a crop. I like my townhouse because there is very little yardwork. When you can afford a $600K TH, you are not a "loser".

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: July 19, 2013 02:57PM

pope's head Wrote:
> townhouse people are low rent most of the time.
> Just a fact of life.

Tell that to the six doctors and three bankers that live in my TH community in Annandale.

Posted by: well now ()
Date: July 19, 2013 03:01PM

If you are over 30 and married with kids yes being a townhouse dweller is kind of hurting.

If you are under 30 or over 60 a townhouse in a upscale hood can be a good thing but you need a strong aggressive HOA as townhomes do attract low life people.

Posted by: bishop move ()
Date: July 19, 2013 09:21PM

townhorse Wrote:
> option.

Town house living is a little too close for comfortable neighbors but you can get used to it. You have to call the cops every couple months.

Posted by: chappelle ()
Date: July 19, 2013 10:10PM

YouDon'tKnowWhatYou're Saying Wrote:

> Poor and uneducated? You're joking, of course. I
> make $255/year and my wife add $65k/year to help
> out.

Sure you do? Why do cocksuckers like you lie about how much you make? nobody gives a fuck.

Posted by: just ghetto really ()
Date: July 19, 2013 10:41PM

Living in a townhouse is pretty much the same as living in a trailer park. The neighbors are all really big losers. You can see them hanging out on their front stoops and chewing tobacco at night. When you lived on that 20 acres, you were living large---no doubt about it. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you have to live in a (horrors) townhouse. But, rest assured, many people have survived it and their kids have turned out okay. Heck, I know one kid who is now working for a big Wall Street firm. He started out in a townhouse and had to suffer his whole childhood there. It was terrible really. Made me want to cry. I think he may have gotten free lunch. I'm sure he got a scholarship to college (based on need of course). So, yes, living in a townhouse is horrible, but your kids can rise above that if you keep them off the streets and counsel them well.

Posted by: Rocks hire ()
Date: July 20, 2013 12:46AM

Don't go to Windsor park in Alexandria.

Four Arrested; Drugs & Weapons Seized

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 13/165/(2)LHC
June 14, 2013

Four Arrested; Drugs & Weapons Seized
Franconia Police District – Following five months of investigation by the Northern Virginia Regional Gang Task Force, police charged four men in connection with numerous weapons and narcotics violations. After receiving a tip regarding a subset of an active gang in the region who call themselves the “Reccless Tigers”, officers sought and executed a search warrant on Thursday, June 13 in the 6400 block of Rockshire Street.

As a result of the search, multiple firearms including an M-4 rifle and an AR 15, ammunition, over 10 pounds of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy and thousands of dollars were seized.

The investigation is ongoing. Police have arrested the following individuals in connection with this investigation:

Kyu Hong, 19, felony possession of marijuana and cocaine

Inzamam Abbasi, 19, possession of firearm by felon, possession of firearm while distributing more than 1 pound of marijuana, possession of ammunition by a felon, possession of MDMA, possession of cocaine, possession with intent to distribute marijuana over 5 pounds

Zu Chang, 20, possession with intent to distribute marijuana

Boubacar Sow, 18, possession of firearm while distributing more than 1 pound of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana greater than 5 pounds, maintain a common nuisance

The Northern Virginia Regional Gang Task Force is a multi-jurisdictional partnership comprised of local and state law enforcement agencies whose goal is to address illegal gang activity in Northern Virginia through dedicated officers and resources, thereby making the region inhospitable to gang activity. Participating agencies include the Fairfax County Police, Arlington County Police, City of Alexandria Police, Loudoun County Sheriff’s Department, Town of Herndon Police, Town of Vienna Police, Prince William County Police, City of Manassas Police, Fairfax City Police, Manassas Park Police, Town of Leesburg Police, and the Virginia State Police.

Kyu Hong Inzamam Abbasi Zu Chang Boubacar Sow

Posted by: redneck townhouse ()
Date: July 21, 2013 02:12PM

lol
Attachments:
townhoue.jpg

Posted by: mann asss ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:00PM

redneck townhouse Wrote:
> lol

hey thats in manassas!

Posted by: just sad ()
Date: October 25, 2014 04:20PM

Townhouses are for people that are total losers.

Posted by: 20 acre land? ()
Date: October 25, 2014 04:49PM

just ghetto really Wrote:
> Living in a townhouse is pretty much the same as
> living in a trailer park. The neighbors are all
> really big losers. You can see them hanging out
> on their front stoops and chewing tobacco at
> night. When you lived on that 20 acres, you were
> living large---no doubt about it. Sometimes life
> throws you a curve ball and you have to live in a
> (horrors) townhouse. But, rest assured, many
> people have survived it and their kids have turned
> out okay. Heck, I know one kid who is now working
> for a big Wall Street firm. He started out in a
> townhouse and had to suffer his whole childhood
> there. It was terrible really. Made me want to
> cry. I think he may have gotten free lunch. I'm
> sure he got a scholarship to college (based on
> need of course). So, yes, living in a townhouse
> is horrible, but your kids can rise above that if
> you keep them off the streets and counsel them
> well.

Maybe he meant a 20 acre farm in Idaho or Kansas

Posted by: KP west Dad ()
Date: February 17, 2015 07:08AM

One of my kids has a friend from school who lives in a townhouse. I am worried.

Posted by: Old Thread but one last thing ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:02AM

The only place a townhouse is justifiable is in a town...or a city.
Anywhere else is stupid.

Posted by: high class family ()
Date: February 17, 2015 11:30AM

My townhome in george town south is much nicer than your shithole single family homes.

Posted by: Townhouses in the field ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:08PM

high class family Wrote:
> My townhome in george town south is much nicer
> than your shithole single family homes.

Georgetown South? Couldn't afford Georgetown,eh?

Posted by: paul honemaster ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:18PM

I lived in a townhouse in reston for like 5 years. It was the worst 5 years of my life. All townhouse people are low rent people.

Date: February 19, 2015 09:00AM

KP west Dad Wrote:
> One of my kids has a friend from school who lives
> in a townhouse. I am worried.

I guess this means you are sending your child to public school? Big mistake.

Posted by: FredCDobbsJr ()
Date: February 19, 2015 09:38AM

Condo's and Townhouses are the reason Fairfax County schools are overcrowded, coming apart at the seams. The reason real estate taxes and such are going up.
We opened the borders for all these illegals to come in.....no restrictions.

It's just out of control now.

Posted by: rear view ()
Date: February 19, 2015 10:13AM

There's a big price range for townhomes in reston from 200K to 800K. Mcmansions are the equivalent of the upscale townhomes close to downtown, except you can peek out your window to watch your next door neighbor.

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: February 19, 2015 11:22AM

All who posted here are FUCKING IDIOTS!

Posted by: who da neighbors, kobe bryant ()
Date: February 19, 2015 11:45AM

Townhouses LOL!

My mansion sittin on 40 acres, who the neighbors? Kobe Bryant from the Lakers, now that's paper!

Posted by: you my dear are an ()
Date: February 19, 2015 12:06PM

Who cares Wrote:
> All who posted here are FUCKING IDIOTS!

ROFL

Posted by: gods punishment ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:03PM

Townhouse living is quite terrible. It is slightly better than being in prison.

Posted by: e. gads ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:18PM

gods punishment Wrote:
> Townhouse living is quite terrible. It is slightly
> better than being in prison.

You must be in prison. This post is from 2011 and hasn't been commented on since February. Come out of your parents basement and feel the sunshine.

Posted by: Goodnight Irene ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:27PM

Old Thread but one last thing Wrote:
> The only place a townhouse is justifiable is in a
> town...or a city.
> Anywhere else is stupid.

+ 1

Sometimes I live in the country,
Sometimes I live in the town,
Sometimes I get a great notion
To jump in the river and drown.

Leadbelly

Posted by: painfully true ()
Date: December 30, 2015 08:21PM

just sad Wrote:
> Townhouses are for people that are total losers.

Sad but true. It is okay to live in a townhouse in your 20s but it will brand you a worthless loser if you live in one beyond that.
Townhouses are okay for single people but townhouses are a terrible place to try and raise a family.

Posted by: adad2 ()
Date: January 01, 2016 09:14AM

One of my kids had a friend she met in school that was a townhouse kid. Of course the townhouse kid and her parents were pieces of shit. I had to explain to my little girl that no decent family would live in a townhouse.

Posted by: Brownstone Bob ()
Date: January 01, 2016 03:13PM

You morons keep exposing your stupidity. There are many townhouses/rowhouses that have far more character and build quality than your crappy soulless tract home, and are worth many times as much.

Posted by: Bob Barker ()
Date: January 01, 2016 03:43PM

Brownstone Bob Wrote:
> You morons keep exposing your stupidity. There
> are many townhouses/rowhouses that have far more
> character and build quality than your crappy
> soulless tract home, and are worth many times as
> much.

But none are in Fairfax County.

Thanks for playing.

Tell him what he's won as a consolation prize on his way out Johnny.

Posted by: oh the life of the simple folk! ()
Date: January 02, 2016 08:30AM

Brownstone Bob Wrote:
> You morons keep exposing your stupidity. There
> are many townhouses/rowhouses that have far more
> character and build quality than your crappy
> soulless tract home, and are worth many times as
> much.

Says the complete loser who has to live in a townhouse.

Posted by: The answer is........ ()
Date: January 02, 2016 08:51AM

Get what you can afford in the nicest area you can that is close to where you work (or gives you good options if you change jobs). Live small if you have to. That sums it up.

Easier said than done.

Posted by: real answer is.... ()
Date: January 02, 2016 09:00AM

The answer is........ Wrote:
> Get what you can afford in the nicest area you can
> that is close to where you work (or gives you good
> options if you change jobs). Live small if you
> have to. That sums it up.
>
> Easier said than done.

Or you could apply yourself and not be a lazy piece of garbage. If you are living in this area and you are not at least a millionaire by the time you are 30 you are simply not trying.

Posted by: Colonel Howdy ()
Date: January 02, 2016 09:48AM

The true loser is the person who gives the slightest shit about what a FFXU poster, or anyone else for that matter, thinks about their home.

Posted by: egg zactly ()
Date: January 02, 2016 02:15PM

Colonel Howdy Wrote:
> The true loser is the person who gives the
> slightest shit about what a FFXU poster, or anyone
> else for that matter, thinks about their home.

+1

If you have a roof over your head, indoor plumbing, electric power, central heat and air you are living in luxury by the world standard. Big homes are important to some people and not to others. No big deal either way.
Same with cars, some people want a fancy expensive car and others prefer cheap, basic and reliable ones. Most of the time it seems that the people who buy fancy cars can afford them the least.

Posted by: wahheesh ()
Date: June 26, 2016 07:19AM

oh the life of the simple folk! Wrote:
> Brownstone Bob Wrote:
> -----
> > You morons keep exposing your stupidity. There
> > are many townhouses/rowhouses that have far
> more
> > character and build quality than your crappy
> > soulless tract home, and are worth many times
> as
> > much.
>
>
> Says the complete loser who has to live in a
> townhouse.

LMFAO

Posted by: parkside lane ()
Date: June 27, 2016 08:36AM

No way I would let my kids hang out with townhouse kids. Living in a townhouse past age 29 means you are a worthless loser.

Posted by: fire wall ()
Date: May 13, 2017 10:10AM

gods punishment Wrote:
> Townhouse living is quite terrible. It is slightly
> better than being in prison.

Yes, the noise and the parking wars are horrific. I had no choice but live in a townhouse community for 5 years while I was paying off my student loans. Fuck that! Never again.

Posted by: very true words ()
Date: May 13, 2017 11:54AM

real answer is.... Wrote:
> The answer is........ Wrote:
> -----
> > Get what you can afford in the nicest area you
> can
> > that is close to where you work (or gives you
> good
> > options if you change jobs). Live small if you
> > have to. That sums it up.
> >
> > Easier said than done.
>
>
> Or you could apply yourself and not be a lazy
> piece of garbage. If you are living in this area
> and you are not at least a millionaire by the time
> you are 30 you are simply not trying.

+1

Posted by: jungle boogie ()
Date: October 27, 2017 09:19AM

parkside lane Wrote:
> No way I would let my kids hang out with townhouse
> kids. Living in a townhouse past age 29 means you
> are a worthless loser.

Townhomes are for losers no matter what race or age.

Posted by: IDK bout that ()
Date: January 06, 2018 12:32PM

jungle boogie Wrote:
> parkside lane Wrote:
> -----
> > No way I would let my kids hang out with
> townhouse
> > kids. Living in a townhouse past age 29 means
> you
> > are a worthless loser.
>
> Townhomes are for losers no matter what race or
> age.

In Northern Virginia I think living in a townhouse in your 20s is okay but not beyond that.

Posted by: Anonymous User 1 ()
Date: January 06, 2018 06:19PM

997348166_965b636d0b_z.jpg?zz=1
england

row-houses.jpg
england

when you brought civility to many un-civilized places and have had cities nearly as long as Rome, this is your reward !

1c12b2633c464f40eadeb04dd69c7782--naples
naples, italy
a6cfd3c1fcf9eee63d1ad0361ad068ab--napoli

naples, italy; some capri portico

depositphotos_6636543-stock-photo-typica
obviously french!

so i guess the lesson is that colonial townhomes from the Ben Franlin era of architecture are not the only style that could or should be built!

Posted by: Frank Howard ()
Date: June 22, 2019 05:49PM

Townhouses are okay if you are single. Townhouse communities are not good for those raising a family.

Posted by: short lived ()
Date: December 20, 2020 06:35AM

Fuck townhouses. Life is too short to live in a townhouse or a apartment or a condo.

Posted by: house liver 9 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 11:37AM

townhouses are for poor people. but, if you have one, stay in it and DON'T go outside ever! we are in a pandemic. Please wear your mask inside your shitty townhouse also. Always. Wear. the. MASK.

Posted by: pooptardo ()
Date: December 20, 2020 02:16PM

No likey townhouse. Too many stairs. No carry laundry up stairs. Fuck you stairs.

Yes likey condo or house with no stairs. Or house with not so many stairs. Not shitty old faifax houses with freezing cold basement where you sit in office with hat and coat on. And mold.

Fuck you fairfax.

Posted by: tackle box ()
Date: December 20, 2020 04:20PM

I was a Fairfax county deputy for 6 years. We served more warrants in townhouse communities than anywhere else. Townhouse people are the scum of the earth.

Posted by: It’s not the type ()
Date: December 20, 2020 08:42PM

This is NoVa, no one judges you by what type of residence you live in.

All that matters is how much it’s worth.

A 1m condo beats an 800k townhouse which beats a 600k single family. No one here cares what your personal house preference is, just which one you can afford.

Posted by: worth is not depth ()
Date: December 21, 2020 05:06AM

It’s not the type Wrote:
> This is NoVa, no one judges you by what type of
> residence you live in.
>
> All that matters is how much it’s worth.
>
> A 1m condo beats an 800k townhouse which beats a
> 600k single family. No one here cares what your
> personal house preference is, just which one you
> can afford.

The fact that you mention money proves that you are a low rent low class loser.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.