HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority / Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development
Posted by: mb99fairfax ()
Date: September 22, 2011 09:37PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:41PM by mb99fairfax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority / Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development
Posted by: FUCK_U_WELFARE ()
Date: September 22, 2011 10:54PM

DAMN!!!! these are some nice units, no wonder so many people are on welfare,
castellanimeadows-fcrp.jpg

Re: Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority / Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development
Posted by: Correct ()
Date: September 23, 2011 02:08AM

FUCK_U_WELFARE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DAMN!!!! these are some nice units, no wonder so
> many people are on welfare,

Those units are right across the street from the McDonald's in Centreville. Very convenient to fast food - and, if they run fast enough, they can cross 6 lanes of Rt. 28 and get to Burger King.

It seems like every time I've been driving by these units, there's some ghetto rats just hanging out and looking for trouble.

Date: September 23, 2011 02:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:41PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: Ronald McDonald ()
Date: September 23, 2011 06:08AM

The special housing is always right across from McDonalds.
Attachments:
mcdonalds.jpg

Date: September 23, 2011 07:52AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:42PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: shrug ()
Date: September 23, 2011 10:44AM

What you're saying is you've been in public housing for nearly 20 years and you're furious they want you to verify that you qualify to live there? You yourself say it's housing for single workers and apparently you have NOT been working for the past 6 years per your website? The way you describe it, you got nearly 20 years of cheap housing in a decent area even though you did not even meet the requirements for the last several years. Maybe it's someone else's turn to live there now.

To then try to turn it into an ADA issue because you're bitter is sad. Funny how the facilities were acceptable till they told you you didn't qualify/you had to prove that you actually qualified to live there, lol.

I guess I don't have that much sympathy for you having to disclose all sources of your income since it is housing paid for by others. It certainly sounds fair to me. Disabled/elderly people have to fill out pages of detailed paperwork to qualify for tax relief on their property--why shouldn't you be held to the same standard?

Date: September 23, 2011 04:19PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:42PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: wtf, over ()
Date: September 23, 2011 04:33PM

From your web site:

"So in essence my "SSDI income" was now below the minimum income requirement for this property and that as I was disabled and not working, that I no longer qualified to live at Coan Pond. "

Am I reading this right? You make too much from one government assistance check that you don't qualify for another form of assistance (the housing)? And you are expecting sympathy for that?

Date: September 23, 2011 04:47PM

So NO ONE is paying for me to have this place, I'm paying for it

The documents you link on your website show that you're paying NEXT TO NOTHING for it (a $175 bi-monthly fee). There's no way what you're paying covers the cost of it; so that in fact means that others ARE paying for you to have it plus free phone, plus free cable. To infer that your pittance of a payment means others are not paying towards your costs is delusional.

You're going to be hard pressed to find anyone to have sympathy for you.

Posted by: Mr. Bean ()
Date: September 23, 2011 05:11PM

Nice group of folks you live with Michael.

"ADEKOYA ","ABIDUE ","B","022"," 3700","PENDER # 114 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","05/05/2004","DIST MARIJ>1/2OZ<5LBS "
"ADEKOYA ","ABIDUE ","B","022"," 3700","PENDER # 114 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","05/05/2004","DIST MARIJ>1/2OZ<5LBS "
"BEAN ","MICHAEL ","K","041"," 3700","PENDER #102 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","05/08/2004","EXPIRED STATE LIC PLATE "
"BEAN ","MICHAEL ","K","042"," 3700","PENDER #102 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","11/11/2005","EXP COUNTY STICKER "
"DAWSON ","JAMES ","O","053"," 3700","PENDER 115 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","09/06/2005","DRIVE W/O LIGHTS "
"DAWSON ","JAMES ","O","053"," 3700","PENDER 115 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","09/06/2005","NO DRIVERS LICENSE "
"DAWSON ","JAMES ","O","053"," 3700","PENDER 115 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","10/06/2005","SIGNALS REQUIRED BACK/TURN/STOP "
"DODANGVINH ","GUY "," ","062"," 3700","PENDER 117 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","06/01/2005","ALCH BEV SOLD TO MINOR / INTOX PERS"
"DODANGVINH ","GUY "," ","063"," 3700","PENDER 117 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","03/19/2006","45-49MPH/25MPH ZONE "
"GUZMAN ","MARTHA ","R","047"," 3700","PENDER #111 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","11/19/2005","NO/STATE INSPECTION "
"LANCASTER ","DARRELL ","A","054"," 3700","PENDER #106 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","08/08/2007","55-59MPH/35MPH ZONE "
"MASON ","ANTHONY ","T","026"," 3700","PENDER 103 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","05/24/2004","55-59MPH/35MPH ZONE "
"MASON ","ANTHONY ","T","028"," 3700","PENDER 103 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","10/16/2006","IMPROPER REGISTRATION "
"MASON ","ANTHONY ","T","029"," 3700","PENDER 103 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","01/03/2007","DOMESTIC ASSAULT "
"PORTELLA ","ROBINSON "," ","053"," 3700","PENDER 113 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","07/04/2007","60-64MPH/45MPH ZONE "
"SENDEKE ","MOGES ","A","043"," 3700","PENDER #104 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","07/26/2007","RCKL/DRIVING ON PARKING LOT "
"SMITH ","YOLANDA ","M","035"," 3700","PENDER #115 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","07/28/2008","FAIL OBEY HWY SIGN "
"SMITH ","YOLANDA ","M","036"," 3700","PENDER #115 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","02/05/2009","50-54MPH/35MPH ZONE "

Date: September 23, 2011 05:19PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:43PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 23, 2011 05:31PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:43PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 23, 2011 05:42PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:44PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 23, 2011 05:46PM

Posted by: Ugh ()
Date: September 25, 2011 09:23PM

Look you got a sweet deal on rent for many years in a nice high cost of living area by lying so you had to know eventually they would catch up with you and they now they have. You need to be thankful for the years you did get and stop complaning that you might have to *gasp* be responsbile for your own rent and living situation from here on out. I wouldn't be that surprised if the County doesn't come after you and your handy dandy SDDI check and claim that you owe them back for all those years you lived there....

Posted by: As It Should Be ()
Date: September 25, 2011 09:54PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
>
> There is ONLY free cable in the lounge area which
> is used by HCD employees during their lunch
> break.
> If you want cable in your apartment, WE have to
> pay for it.

Just as it should be. The sad thing is, I'm sure many of those tenants have more premium stations on their cable line-up than most others in Fairfax County. I think Fairfax County should perform a better "screening" process for these candidates as opposed to just income alone. Start doing some "profile" checks on them and see if things line up.

Oh, it says they are a family of 4 making $32,000 a year, but they drive a 5-Series BMW. WTF? Something just doesn't add up here - maybe, a light or alarm would go off in someone's head.

D'oh.

Date: September 26, 2011 12:50AM

Date: September 26, 2011 01:06AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:45PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 26, 2011 07:24AM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
>
> These apartments are for 1 person ONLY, no pets
> and no kids and the maximum income level is
> $42,000.00. And no one drives anything fancier
> than a Toyota Camry here.
>
> ANY MORE ISSUES I CAN HELP YOU
> WITH??????????????????????????????

OK. A few points I'd like to make.

1) Yes, one person could qualify by making less than $42,000 for a one-bedroom place. However, once in, what's to stop Taniqua from inviting Tyrone to move in with her? Who polices that activity? Who checks up? I'm sure the county doesn't have the resources to do such checking.

2) Toyota Camry? I make more than two times $42,000 and yet, I don't even have such luxury for my commuter car.

3) Cable TV: Again, I have a much higher family income, but only retain basic / extended cable. No premium stations, no pay per view, etc. I still believe that some of the tenants have some massive cable bills, yet they seem to afford it.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:12AM

> mb99fairfax Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > There is ONLY free cable in the lounge area
> which
> > is used by HCD employees during their lunch
> > break.
> > If you want cable in your apartment, WE have to
> > pay for it.
>

The very fact that FFX county allows cable hookups in subsidized housing (even if you pay for it yourself) is a problem. You should be wanting to get out of that housing, not making it more comfortable for yourself. And forget the one bedroom efficiency - make it like a dorm with the bathroom down the hall. If it's good enough for students living off their parents, it should be good enough for people on the dole.

Date: September 26, 2011 10:15AM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> Ugh Wrote:
> -----
> > Look you got a sweet deal on rent for many
> years
> > in a nice high cost of living area by lying so
> you
> > had to know eventually they would catch up with
> > you and they now they have.
>
> PLEASE point out where I was lying??????????
> During the Recertification I hand over 6 months of
> Bank Statements. The FCRHA knows everything I
> buy, ALL money that came in AND all money that
> went out.
> If I lie, I'm evicted, plain and simple!
>

Great, then you should be evicted. It says on the website and I am sure elsewhere that the units are intended for working adults. That is adults whose income comes from an employer. You said yourself your problems started when someone started poking around and realized that you were not employed per their guidelines.

Disability is not an employer and affords you more access to govt funds and programs then it does a single, working adult who relies only the income they derive from an employer. You start off ahead of all your neighbors because you are given a guarantee of money each month from the govt.

Date: September 26, 2011 10:53AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:46PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 26, 2011 10:56AM

Posted by: Cut Him Some Slack ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:59AM

I don't know who's right here, but there is a disturbing lack of empathy for someone who appears to be genuinely disabled and would prefer to work full-time if he could. Your righteous anger might evaporate pretty quick if you were in his situation.

I don't like paying taxes any more than you do, and there certainly are abuses of the system, but I don't begrudge helping a guy who worked his whole life and who needs some help now.

Date: September 26, 2011 11:17AM

Date: September 26, 2011 12:36PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:

> From 1993 when I moved into Coan Pond up to 1/06 I
> was working 40 - 60 hours a week so I was a
> "Working Adult" and I've been working full-time
> since the age of 17 (and worked small jobs from
> the age of 13) and have been paying into Social
> Security for 31 years so it's not like I'm getting
> a free handout... I've worked for it so please
> stop your crying...

You were working so much you forgot to get your car inspected and pay for your registration.

Date: September 26, 2011 03:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:47PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 26, 2011 04:03PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> Mr. Bean Wrote:
> -----
> > You were working so much you forgot to get your
> > car inspected and pay for your registration.
>
> Do you just disparage the disabled online or do
> you also like to roam the streets looking for
> people in wheelchairs to tip over or maybe go
> looking for someone with cerebral palsy who relies
> on a cane to walk so you can kick the cane out of
> their hands just to watch them fall...
>
> My-God, you really need to get a life because
> you’re really a sorry excuse for a human...
>
> And just to show you I’m a better man, I'm going
> to help you out so you don’t have to go look it
> up.
> Disparage (Encarta Dictionary) = criticize - to
> refer disapprovingly or contemptuously to somebody
> or something.
> Disparage (Thesaurus) = belittle, laugh at, mock,
> ridicule, pour scorn on, sneer at, criticize,
> vilify, denigrate, run down.

According to you, you were disabled as of January 2006. Check the dates below.

"BEAN ","MICHAEL ","K","041"," 3700","PENDER #102 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","05/08/2004","EXPIRED STATE LIC PLATE "
"BEAN ","MICHAEL ","K","042"," 3700","PENDER #102 ","DR","FAIRFAX ","VA","11/11/2005","EXP COUNTY STICKER "

Sooooooo....you were not disabled while ignoring the traffic laws.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:09PM

Cut Him Some Slack Wrote:
> I don't know who's right here, but there is a
> disturbing lack of empathy for someone who appears
> to be genuinely disabled and would prefer to work
> full-time if he could. Your righteous anger might
> evaporate pretty quick if you were in his
> situation.
>
> I don't like paying taxes any more than you do,
> and there certainly are abuses of the system, but
> I don't begrudge helping a guy who worked his
> whole life and who needs some help now.

+1

Date: September 26, 2011 04:40PM

Shadow Wrote:
> Cut Him Some Slack Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't know who's right here, but there is a
> > disturbing lack of empathy for someone who
> appears
> > to be genuinely disabled and would prefer to
> work
> > full-time if he could. Your righteous anger
> might
> > evaporate pretty quick if you were in his
> > situation.
> >
> > I don't like paying taxes any more than you do,
> > and there certainly are abuses of the system,
> but
> > I don't begrudge helping a guy who worked his
> > whole life and who needs some help now.
>
> +1

OK, I have no problem with giving folks a helping hand when they need it - but it should be temporary. 18 years in subsidized housing goes a bit beyond a helping hand, don't you think?

Date: September 26, 2011 04:45PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:47PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 26, 2011 04:53PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:48PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: September 26, 2011 04:59PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:

>
> Coan Pond is not considered subsidized because it
> gets NO money from HUD… D’OH!

FFX County web site for Coan Pond says "Financing includes: CDBG Funds" CDBG = Community Development Block Grants.

From Wikipedia:

The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), one of the longest-running programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, funds local community development activities such as affordable housing....

Date: September 26, 2011 05:07PM

Date: September 26, 2011 05:46PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
>
> "what's to stop Taniqua from inviting Tyrone to
> move in with her?"
>
> Our Resident Manager. Once a month our Resident
> Manager enters each apartment for an inspection;
> to check for problems, issues, that your place
> isn't disgusting, that all fixtures are working
> properly and that only ONE person is living
> there.
> Then there's the security system. You have to
> have an electronic card to enter the building and
> they only hand out 1 card to each resident.
> Then there's the video cameras:
> 2 outside watching over the parking lot.
> 1 inside the vestibule to record whose entering
> the building.
> 1 camera just inside the security door.
> 1 camera to show the hallway.
> And 1 camera inside the laundry room.
>
> So, do you really think Taniqua has ANY chance of
> inviting Tyrone to move in with
> her??????????????????????????????????????????????
>
>
> And as for cable, again, we have a number of
> residents that don't even own a TV so I doubt
> they're getting premium stations, or pay per view,
> etc.

OK, in your place, you've made a valid point with some of your responses. The cameras might be there, but is there someone really monitoring them 24 hours a day? Also, Teniqua could have Tyrone living with her and when the resident manager pays the visit, Teniqua could just indicate Tyrone is a friend visiting. I'd be willing to bet that over 50% of the people in Section 8 housing are breaking the rules in one form or another.

Finally, I don't understand why Section 8 housing has to be better than the average housing in the county. If a Section 8 apartment had a rat problem and was biting the resident in the ass at 2:00 a.m., that would create a lot of incentive for the person living their to get on their feet and move ahead with their lives.

This type of housing isn't a "long term" answer for an individual or family.

Date: September 26, 2011 07:02PM

Posted by: affordable housing ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:51AM

From the FairfaxTimes.com:

Published: Friday, October 7, 2011

Providing affordable housing to all income levels is good policy

The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area has noticed that Fairfax County’s housing program has become an issue in this year’s election, with some questioning whether the county should be involved in this area at all.
Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) would disagree with the notion government does not have an important role to play in housing policy. McDonnell has convened a workgroup to develop recommendations for a State Housing Policy and has stated strong housing policies are essential to his plan to attract more businesses and to increase economic development in the Commonwealth.
Fairfax County’s Economic Development Advisory Committee also would disagree. It has recommended to the Board of Supervisors that county policies include affordable and workforce housing to remain competitive in the search for businesses to locate in the county. Housing advocates maintain providing housing for families at a variety of income levels helps employers recruit and retain their workforce. If employers cannot attract and keep employees, they will not relocate to Fairfax County.
The League agrees with McDonnell and the Economic Development Advisory Committee. We think providing affordable housing to families of all income levels is good policy. It enables public sector employees such as policemen, firemen and teachers to live in the communities they serve. And it lets businesses know that all their employees, from the CEO to the receptionist, can find affordable housing within the county.
The League encourages residents who have questions about the value of the county’s housing program to contact the governor’s workgroup at www.Virginiahousingpolicy.com and the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority at www.Fairfaxcounty.gov/rha.
Janey George and Julie Jones, co-presidents, Fairfax County League of Women Voters

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want a place and a government official to give your 2 cents to, well now you have it.

governor’s workgroup at www.Virginiahousingpolicy.com
Attachments:
affordable_housing.gif

Posted by: Ashleigh ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:37PM

So where are all the crybabies that ragged on the guy who's just trying to get by????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jealousy is a real bitch isn't it!

Posted by: eyyy yo ()
Date: October 14, 2011 02:57PM

mr bean for the next 18 years u should go to the baileys crossroads shelter on muncure ave

Date: October 19, 2011 01:59AM

eyyy yo Wrote:
> mr bean for the next 18 years u should go to the
> baileys crossroads shelter on muncure ave

Hey eyyy yo - you talking about me Mother Fucker!

Posted by: wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:48AM

wahhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh

I can post all day long on fairfax underground about my free housing but I can't work from home cause I'm disabled wahhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Asshole = wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:27PM

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wrote:
> wahhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> I can post all day long on fairfax underground
> about my free housing but I can't work from home
> cause I'm disabled wahhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

Hey Asshole (sorry, Hey Asshole wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh),

I dare you to walk up to a US Soldier who has lost limbs from an IED and tell him or her: "wahhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh."

If you're able-bodied why don't you say a prayer tonight before climbing into you comfortable bed and THANK GOD you're not disabled.

NOBODY wants to be disabled and I applaud mb99fairfax for not only making the most of a bad situation but also for taking 3 years out of his life to make things better for the next disabled person.

We need more people like mb99fairfax to stand up and fight the agencies that think they can do what they want, ignore the law and then think no one will do anything about it. For mb99fairfax to stand his ground and take on the biggest housing agency in the state of Virginia takes a lot of guts and determination and he should be applauded.

OH! Asshole wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you still have a problem with the disabled then I know of a few disabled veterans in wheelchairs who will gladly knock you down a peg or two. Pussies like you should stick to what you're good at, video games and leave commentary to the professionals.

Date: October 22, 2011 12:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:49PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: affordable housing ()
Date: October 23, 2011 03:32PM

Does anyone know how this turned out? Were you aware of it?
__________________________________________________________________________________

Jeans Day 2011 Aimed at Ending Homelessness

Posted by Karen Goff
October 17, 2011

Want to help end homelessness in Fairfax County? Then sign up to have your company participate in Jeans Day 2011 on Friday, Oct. 21.

The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has declared Friday, Oct. 21 as Jeans Day 2011.

Participating companies and organizations can sign up to allow employees to wear jeans that day in return for a $5 contribution to the Campaign to End Homelessness.

Each participating Department and/or business will collect the funds and send their donations to the Partnership to End Homelessness.

Only businesses need to sign up in advance. Individuals can also particpate by wearing jeans on Friday (if their company is partcipating) and then sending a check to the Campaign to End Homelessness.

Click this link to sign up for Jeans Day 2011. For more info, contact the Office to Prevent and End Homelessness at 703-324-9492 or visit website.

Posted by: www.fairfaxcounty.gov ()
Date: October 25, 2011 12:12AM

affordable housing Wrote:
> Does anyone know how this turned out? Were you
> aware of it?
> __________________________________________________
> ________________________________
>
> Jeans Day 2011 Aimed at Ending Homelessness
>
> Posted by Karen Goff
> October 17, 2011
>
> Want to help end homelessness in Fairfax County?
> Then sign up to have your company participate in
> Jeans Day 2011 on Friday, Oct. 21.
>
> The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has
> declared Friday, Oct. 21 as Jeans Day 2011.
>
> Participating companies and organizations can sign
> up to allow employees to wear jeans that day in
> return for a $5 contribution to the Campaign to
> End Homelessness.
>
> Each participating Department and/or business will
> collect the funds and send their donations to the
> Partnership to End Homelessness.
>
> Only businesses need to sign up in advance.
> Individuals can also particpate by wearing jeans
> on Friday (if their company is partcipating) and
> then sending a check to the Campaign to End
> Homelessness.
>
> Click this link to sign up for Jeans Day 2011.
> For more info, contact the Office to Prevent and
> End Homelessness at 703-324-9492 or visit website.

Did you check the Fairfax County web site for info?

www.fairfaxcounty.gov

Posted by: Glynda w/PROCLAMATION ()
Date: October 26, 2011 05:16PM

affordable housing Wrote:
> Does anyone know how this turned out? Were you
> aware of it?
> __________________________________________________
> ________________________________
>
> Jeans Day 2011 Aimed at Ending Homelessness
>
> Posted by Karen Goff
> October 17, 2011
>
> Want to help end homelessness in Fairfax County?
> Then sign up to have your company participate in
> Jeans Day 2011 on Friday, Oct. 21.
>
> The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has
> declared Friday, Oct. 21 as Jeans Day 2011.
>
> Participating companies and organizations can sign
> up to allow employees to wear jeans that day in
> return for a $5 contribution to the Campaign to
> End Homelessness.
>
> Each participating Department and/or business will
> collect the funds and send their donations to the
> Partnership to End Homelessness.
>
> Only businesses need to sign up in advance.
> Individuals can also particpate by wearing jeans
> on Friday (if their company is partcipating) and
> then sending a check to the Campaign to End
> Homelessness.
>
> Click this link to sign up for Jeans Day 2011.
> For more info, contact the Office to Prevent and
> End Homelessness at 703-324-9492 or visit website.

I have supplied info regarding Jeans Day, thanks for asking.

Fairfax County Jeans Day 2011 – Putting the ZIP on Homelessness

Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has proclaimed October 21 as Jeans Day 2011!

•The Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnership to End Homelessness, Fairfax County agencies, civic organizations, area businesses, nonprofit organizations and other Northern Virginia chambers of commerce for a Northern Virginia wide "Jeans Day 2011." The Chamber requests your community spirit and support by sponsoring a Jeans Day in your workplace or business.
•More than 55 workplaces, accounting for over 1,500 employees, have now registered to participate in Jeans Day 2011 to Put the ZIP on Homelessness.
•On October 21 allow your employees to wear jeans to support the 10-Year Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness and the Partnership to Prevent and End homelessness.
•The cost to an employee to participate is $5. Each participating business will collect the funds raised and if they choose can match the funds.
•Donations will be donated directly to the Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness.
•Businesses who wish to participate may register here. Participating businesses will be listed on that site.
What is Jeans Day? Jeans Day (Denim Day) is an event held across the United States, UK and Australia throughout the year to show support for many “causes” from children’s health and medical to women’s health. Jean Days are held as campaigns and fund raising efforts to support causes, public awareness, organizations, education and national research. In most areas corporations encourage their employees to be involved by paying or donating to wear jeans for a cause. Many times participating corporations match the funds raised by their employees.

Deltek recently hosted a Jeans Day for the Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness and matched the funds of their employees raising several thousand dollars to fund organizations that serve the homeless.

“Helping raise funds to use for organizations battling homelessness is a priority for Deltek. We thought the idea was good for three reasons it raises money for worthy causes, it allows our employees to 'dress down' at work, and it is an easy and great way to get all of our employees energized about helping others.” ~ Patrick Smith, vice president of corporate marketing and communication with Deltek

The Jeans Day concept is simple-by convincing enough people to take one small step, together they could reach an incredible goal of awareness, involvement and support.

Where are the Donations Going? All funds raised go directly to the Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness. There are many ways you, your business or your community organization can impact homelessness today. No matter what your skills, age or resources, there are ways you can make a difference for people who are homeless. This fund not only supports rapid re-housing activities, but also provides valuable resources that tackle multiple prevention issues. Checks can be made payable to PEH/CFNCR (Partnership to End Homelessness) and mailed to the Fairfax County Office to Prevent and End Homelessness (OPEH), 12000 Government Center Pkwy, Suite 561, Fairfax, VA 22035.

Help Us Make a Difference More than 1,500 children, women and men face homelessness and the threat of severe temperatures and hunger today in the Fairfax County-Falls Church community. The majority of people without homes in our community are children and working families. Homelessness affects everyone, with social and economic costs to the community, including increased public costs for medical care and education.

Make your Jeans Day a huge success. It's fun and simple to organize.

1.Ask people to come to work in their jeans and make a donation of $5. It’s a great way to bring a team, a floor or the whole company together.
2.Download Jeans Day flyer and distribute.
3.It can help raise the profile of your organization. You can highlight your fundraising in your annual report, on your Web site and in your local paper or trade magazine.
4.Staff will think it’s great and for a good cause. The boss will look good for letting you all wear your jeans.
5.Create a bit of role reversal and give the boss a 'day off', sponsor him or her to make the coffee or do the photocopying.
6.Wearing jeans and having some fun in the office starts the weekend a bit earlier.
7.The fun and fundraising don't have to stop at 5 p.m. Make a night of it and hold a happy hour or karaoke night!
8.Raising money on Jeans Day helps your company to meet its corporate civic responsibility targets and Put the ZIP on Homelessness.

For more information on the event, contact Glynda Mayo Hall,
Fairfax County Office to Prevent and End Homelessness, at glynda.hall@fairfaxcounty.gov
Attachments:
proclamation.jpg

Date: October 27, 2011 09:26PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> Ugh Wrote:
> -----
> > mb99fairfax Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Ugh Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Look you got a sweet deal on rent for many
> > > years
> > > > in a nice high cost of living area by lying
> > so
> > > you
> > > > had to know eventually they would catch up
> > with
> > > > you and they now they have.
> > >
> > > PLEASE point out where I was lying??????????
> > > During the Recertification I hand over 6
> months
> > of
> > > Bank Statements. The FCRHA knows everything
> I
> > > buy, ALL money that came in AND all money
> that
> > > went out.
> > > If I lie, I'm evicted, plain and simple!
> > >
> >
> > Great, then you should be evicted. It says on
> the
> > website and I am sure elsewhere that the units
> are
> > intended for working adults. That is adults
> whose
> > income comes from an employer. You said
> yourself
> > your problems started when someone started
> poking
> > around and realized that you were not employed
> per
> > their guidelines.
> >
> > Disability is not an employer and affords you
> more
> > access to govt funds and programs then it does
> a
> > single, working adult who relies only the
> income
> > they derive from an employer. You start off
> ahead
> > of all your neighbors because you are given a
> > guarantee of money each month from the govt.
>
>
> Poking around????? When the rules changed in 2/08
> I was forced to disclose for the 1st time that I'm
> permanently disabled and receiving SSDI.
>
> And as for "working adults" - my attorney has
> notified the FCRHA and HUD that's it's against the
> law to single out apartments for 1 group of
> people.
> Do you see any apartments in Fairfax that say
> Whites Only - or - Blacks Only - Males Only -
> Females Only - Tall People Only - Short People
> Only... etc.
>
> From 1993 when I moved into Coan Pond up to 1/06 I
> was working 40 - 60 hours a week so I was a
> "Working Adult" and I've been working full-time
> since the age of 17 (and worked small jobs from
> the age of 13) and have been paying into Social
> Security for 31 years so it's not like I'm getting
> a free handout... I've worked for it so please
> stop your crying...

Your lawyer is reaching so I wouldn't get to carried away.

Requiring someone to have a stable job and get a paycheck isn't some form of discrimination.

Once you went on disability, you stopped being a "working adult" so yes, they have every right to ask you to move on.

Welfare isn't meant for a lifetime - and yes non- market rate housing that the local govt provides to you is just a form of welfare. You had from 1993 - 2006 to figure out a way of truly supporting yourself. If Fairfax county was too expensive, you should have moved on.

Since you are not employed now, it would seem ideal to go ahead and move now to a much lower cost of living area somehwere in the US. Really, you don't even need to go that far just a little bit farther out from where you are and prices for housing start to drop.

Date: October 28, 2011 01:03AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:50PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: October 28, 2011 09:20AM

Your entitlement attitude is sickening.

Date: October 28, 2011 10:55AM

Date: October 28, 2011 11:49AM

Date: October 28, 2011 11:58AM

Hit a nerve there, huh?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Date: October 28, 2011 12:02PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:51PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: Homey ()
Date: October 28, 2011 12:05PM

FCRHA:
Attachments:
MO\' MONEY.jpg

Date: October 28, 2011 12:06PM

mb99fairfax:
Attachments:
Homey Don\'t Play That.jpg

Date: October 28, 2011 12:37PM

NO! I just hate snot nosed kids telling me what I can and can't do.

LOL. Definitely hit a nerve. Perhaps you qualify for housing elsewhere based on your mental health-related disability?

Date: October 28, 2011 01:09PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:52PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: hwy mr bean ()
Date: October 28, 2011 08:10PM

MR bean go get a job as a secretary you seem to be ABLE to type

Date: October 28, 2011 08:15PM

I've been volunteering on the weekends since early 2009 and helping rescue groups save dogs from over crowded shelters and kill shelters. I've spent 6 months volunteering and helping a rescue group try and find and capture a lost Beagle by the name of Billy.
Fuck u MR bean and ur shity house i hope they throw u the fuck out u fuckin broke bitch typin all day rescueing dogs cant work ur a fucking idiot

Date: October 28, 2011 09:58PM

Date: October 29, 2011 12:36AM

stop whining like a little bitch mr bean i cant spell but i can count and i need no public or parent assistance and who the fuck whould actually read every word of ur pussy as whining either get a job and pay ur shity ass rent and u must be in ur 40s or 50s and still renting with assistance fuck u and ur part time job and that beagle u been lookin for the past 6 months u probly havent got any pusssy in the 2o years u lived in that apartment

Date: October 29, 2011 09:02AM

Posted by: OH SNAP! ()
Date: October 30, 2011 05:20PM

mr bean your severe case of diarrhea of the mouse is really annoying
Attachments:
oh_snap.jpg

Date: November 01, 2011 12:52PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:53PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: huh???? ()
Date: November 01, 2011 03:32PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> I
> DON’T get ANY assistance with paying my rent.

Michael, don't you live in public housing?

Posted by: sad ()
Date: November 01, 2011 04:18PM

Michael, don't you live in public housing?

Yes, he lives in public housing; how he can live under the delusion that it's not assistance is sad. I guess that living and trying to sell others on that denial is the only way he can get by...denial and other taxpayers' dollars!

Date: November 01, 2011 04:43PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:53PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: November 01, 2011 04:54PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:54PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: November 01, 2011 05:23PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> huh???? Wrote:
> -----
> > mb99fairfax Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I
> > > DON’T get ANY assistance with paying my
> rent.
> >
> >
> > Michael, don't you live in public housing?
>
>
> NO, I don't live in public housing. Neither I nor
> Coan Pond get any money from HUD. Coan Pond is
> zoned as a Hotel/Motel because of its location in
> an office park. As Coan Pond is located on the
> ground floor of the Headquarters for the Fairfax
> County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA)
> it takes very little money to run this place. As
> a matter of fact all of our utilities are included
> in the rent as the Coan Pond tenants share water,
> electricity, phones service (no long distance)...
> etc., with the employees in this 3 story office
> building.
> If a tenant wants anything else like cable or
> Internet service then they have to obtain it
> through the cable company on their own dime.

What's the cost of your rent? From Realtor.com, looks like you can't get a 1 BR rental for less than about 1K/mo in your zip code. Subtract your rent from that and you'll see what your subsidy is.

Date: November 01, 2011 05:38PM

Date: November 01, 2011 05:46PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> > What's the cost of your rent? From
> Realtor.com,
> > looks like you can't get a 1 BR rental for less
> > than about 1K/mo in your zip code. Subtract
> your
> > rent from that and you'll see what your subsidy
> > is.
>
> Coan Pond is cheap because it's a small efficiency
> and no where close to the size of a 1 bedroom.
> And NO ONE at Coan Pond gets a subsidy. I live
> here because this is all I can afford working a
> part-time job.

So above there's some mention of $175 every two weeks. That's 380/mo. The studio apartments advertised around you are ~1000/mo. You, my friend, are getting $620/mo of government subsidy, cause no private company is going to rent you a studio apartment for anything other than the market rate.

I have another queston - above you wrote "I've spent 6 months volunteering and helping a rescue group try and find and capture a lost Beagle by the name of Billy" - Was that seriously your job for six months, looking for one lost dog?

Date: November 01, 2011 06:16PM

Posted by: huh????? ()
Date: November 01, 2011 06:42PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> huh???? Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > So above there's some mention of $175 every two
> > weeks. That's 380/mo. The studio apartments
> > advertised around you are ~1000/mo. You, my
> > friend, are getting $620/mo of government
> subsidy,
> > cause no private company is going to rent you a
> > studio apartment for anything other than the
> > market rate.
> >
> > I have another queston - above you wrote "I've
> > spent 6 months volunteering and helping a
> rescue
> > group try and find and capture a lost Beagle by
> > the name of Billy" - Was that seriously your
> job
> > for six months, looking for one lost dog?
>
>
> Sorry to disappoint you but I get NO (repeat NO)
> subsidies! Coan Pond isn't run by any private
> company, it's run by the County government in a
> Fairfax County office building which is why the
> rent is so cheat. A private company is just out
> to make money while the County was just looking to
> help out those that couldn't afford a regular
> apartment in the Fairfax County area. Coan Pond
> was originally set up as transitional housing but
> we all moved in and didn't move out. Up till
> February 08 when the rules were changed 70% or
> more of the residents at Coan Pond had been here
> for more than 10 years.
>
> As for Billy, no that wasn't my job, I volunteer
> whenever I have free time as I love dogs and the
> rescue group was desperately looking for
> volunteers. When I got off work I'd drive down to
> the Skyline Mall area and check out locations that
> Billy had been spotted at, check out feeding
> stations if they were set up. Unfortunately the
> youth of today would rather stay inside and play
> video games all day and all night versus spending
> some of that time volunteering.
> I've put in thousands of hours volunteering
> because it's something I like to do. If I asked
> anyone in FFX Underground to volunteer just 1 days
> they'd tell me to fuck off and they'd go back to
> playing their video games.
> The youth of today is spoiled and lazy and
> unfortunately lacking any of the good qualities
> that those of us who volunteer possess.

Rather than volunteering for thousands of hours, how about you work and be able to pay for your own housing? That private company's cost to provide a studio apartment is probably 80 - 90% of what they charge in rent. Even if you take the profit out of it, you are still getting a subsidy of 400 - 500 per month.

Date: November 01, 2011 07:22PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:55PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: LMAO ()
Date: November 02, 2011 10:17AM

Hilarious that you say anyone who criticizes you is young/living at home/not working/gamers/etc. It just means you have no legitimate reponse to those pointing out your pathetic entitlement attitude.

I'll play your game: you're an obese, scooter riding loser (too fat to fit in your car--that's why you let the registration/car tax decal lapse years ago). You -would- live at your parents' house too if you didn't move to this area to mooch off its taxpayers. Your disability (besides the obvious mental issue) is that you overate and rendered yourself "disabled." Too fat to walk!

Date: November 02, 2011 02:22PM

Posted by: LMAO ()
Date: November 02, 2011 04:03PM

Typo, not an actual spelling error, but since that's all you have to rebut with, go for it buddy if it makes you feel better! :)

Date: November 02, 2011 08:15PM

Date: November 02, 2011 08:46PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:56PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: gamer ()
Date: November 04, 2011 11:31AM

hey asshole you haven't lived until you experienced the gamers high after a intense mission of black ops. gamers rule!

Posted by: hack this ()
Date: November 04, 2011 12:56PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> I've been contacted through my
> web site and given the 411 on some of you'll by
> your ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends. I was
> provided with links to Facebook pages, passwords
> and other social media site info which has given
> me a pretty good picture of SOME of the haters on
> this site.

Hacking of someone else's Facebook or other account is a Federal crime, even if someone else gave you the password.

Date: November 04, 2011 09:27PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:56PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: November 06, 2011 10:29PM

mb99fairfax Wrote:
> hack this Wrote:
> -----
> > mb99fairfax Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I've been contacted through my
> > > web site and given the 411 on some of you'll
> by
> > > your ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends. I was
> > > provided with links to Facebook pages,
> > passwords
> > > and other social media site info which has
> > given
> > > me a pretty good picture of SOME of the
> haters
> > on
> > > this site.
> >
> > Hacking of someone else's Facebook or other
> > account is a Federal crime, even if someone
> else
> > gave you the password.
>
>
> Oops!
> Hey, I didn't ask your ex-boyfriends and
> ex-girlfriends to contact me. But it was nice to
> see who the individuals were that were was saying
> lies and bullshit about me.
> You'll should be careful who you piss off or cheat
> on as it might come back to bite you in the ass.

are you trying to say that homey is gay? yu said you were contacted by a ex-boyfriend so are you saying that homey is gay? that's pretty fucked up
Attachments:
imagess.jpg

Posted by: ghfhfkfkf ()
Date: November 07, 2011 01:12AM

"Maybe you're the lazy type who doesn't take action when you see laws being broken... but I'm not like that. I'm not going to sit idly-by as some Mafia wannabe, a.k.a - HCD employee tells me they have the right to break the law. "

YOU were too LAZY to do anything for how many years? YOU are LIKE THAT.

"OH SNAP! - What, are you 6, 8, 10-years-old? Diarrhea of the mouse - are you kidding me...
What kind of juvenile crap is this? "

From someone who uses D'OH on a regular basis? Really?

"I've been contacted through my web site and given the 411 on some of you'll by your ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends. I was provided with links to Facebook pages, passwords and other social media site info which has given me a pretty good picture of SOME of the haters on this site."

BULLSHIT - who are you fucking kidding?

"you still live in your parent's house and that you do nothing but play video games all day and crucify the disabled at night. WOW! What a life you live! Your parents must be so proud! I'm sure you can make your parents prouder"

YES - Your parents would be proud you have bitched and whined for MONTHS (I repeat MONTHS) to anonymous people about something THEY do not give a shit about, but you keep tuning in over and over - hmmm - kind of like wasting time on a video game.

A little advice from someone quite ahead of you intellectually:

Go take care of what the fuck ever it is you have to with whatever "Mafia" organization you are bitching about and be done with it...

What the fuck good is it to obsess over this site and defend (and REPEAT) the same shit over and over? YOU have become ENTERTAINMENT for the users of this site, nothing more.

Ask yourself this - "Does coming to FFXU, for MONTHS, and trying to convince complete strangers of the merits of something they do not give a fuck about help me?"

Answer that and move the fuck on...

Date: November 07, 2011 11:49AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:57PM by mb99fairfax.

Posted by: hilarious ()
Date: November 07, 2011 12:31PM

I'm the ONLY person who has used correct grammer and knew what a spell-checker was... The rest of you'll have been writing like you're in the 5th or 6th grade.

Love it.

Date: November 07, 2011 01:06PM

Date: November 07, 2011 01:17PM

Date: November 07, 2011 01:28PM

“Love it.” You should be ashamed of the way you write, speak, act… etc. I’ve had to send some of your writings to my 7-year-old niece so she could decipher what some of you’ll were saying. Even my 7-year-old niece was shocked by some of the ambiguous, obscure, or illegible matter written by some of you’ll.

"Writings" implies plural--I've been lurking in this 'hilarious' (hence my name) thread for the past week or so until I posted for the first time today. I posted two words. You needed assistance from a 7 year old family member to decipher its meaning?

You may want to consider attending school with your niece for your grammar/spelling issues."You'll" is a contraction for "you will." I have no doubt you meant "y'all", but when your posts as of late are attacking writers' spelling/grammar skills you may want to turn that magnifying glass on yourself for awhile.

Date: November 07, 2011 01:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:58PM by mb99fairfax.

Date: November 07, 2011 02:21PM

Your use of "you'll" remains incorrect.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/you'll

Additionally, Merriam-Webster says that "y'all" is a variant of you-all, so my statement was not incorrect.

Date: November 07, 2011 02:35PM

Date: November 07, 2011 03:58PM

Not sure what you're going off about now, but urban dictionary isn't relevant. I just forgot to paste the merriam-webster link before posting. Here it is:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/y'all

Your use of you'll was still 100% incorrect.

Date: November 07, 2011 04:37PM

Date: November 07, 2011 08:22PM

Incorrect period, unless you meant to say "you will." At no time does "you'll" mean anything but "you will" and that would make zero sense contextually in the sentence you used it in.
Also, "grammer" was incorrect unless you were referencing the talented Kelsey Grammer of "Frasier" fame.

Date: November 07, 2011 10:03PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 08:59PM by mb99fairfax.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.