HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Missing autistic boy found - An Annandale boy reported missing Thursday night has been found.
Posted by: Lost and Found ()
Date: September 16, 2011 06:28AM

Missing autistic boy found
An Annandale boy reported missing Thursday night has been found.
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=149&sid=2547506

UPDATE at 5:35 a.m. Friday, Sept., 16: Fairfax County Police say missing Micah May has been found. A woman who heard the boy was missing found him Friday morning. He is being reunited with his parents.

ORIGINAL STORY:

ANNANDALE, Va. -- Police need your help to find a missing 12-year-old boy who is autistic.

Fairfax County Police say Micah May, was last seen at 6:45 p.m. Thursday at his home on the 4600 block of Longsdon Drive.

May is a highly functioning autistic child.

He is white, 4-foot-10 and 111 pounds. He has blonde hair and brown eyes.

When he was last seen, he was wearing a distinctive, long-sleeved red shirt with black stripes and a white collar. He is wearing red running pants and black shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Fairfax County Police Department at 703-691-2131
Attachments:
226077.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing autistic boy found - An Annandale boy reported missing Thursday night has been found.
Posted by: BeenThere ()
Date: September 16, 2011 08:57AM

Thats why the helicopter flew over Annandale all evening. Kid was likely hiding from the chopper sound...

Re: Missing autistic boy found - An Annandale boy reported missing Thursday night has been found.
Date: September 16, 2011 09:03AM

Why do parents of autistic kids insist on dressing them to look autistic?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:05AM

Actually, it's usually the kid. Besides, having them wear something that stands out is a good thing.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:09AM

Found him, huh?

Parents are just going to have to try again.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: 1965 and back ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:57AM

It used to be very few kids could be classified as autistic. They didnt speak and actually needed help to get by in life.

Today amost every parent out there is claiming their kid is autistic. I suspect it may have something to do with all the free government programs and money that comes with it. I dont know if it applies to this kid but just saying.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:07AM

Is that Mr.Misery?

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:09AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Found him, huh?
>
> Parents are just going to have to try again.
Attachments:
I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Date: September 16, 2011 10:10AM

1965 and back Wrote:
> It used to be very few kids could be classified as
> autistic. They didnt speak and actually needed
> help to get by in life.
>
> Today amost every parent out there is claiming
> their kid is autistic. I suspect it may have
> something to do with all the free government
> programs and money that comes with it. I dont know
> if it applies to this kid but just saying.

Smart, socially awkward kid
1965 = Nerd
2011 = Autistic

Moody teenager
1965 = Rebel
2011 = Bi-polar

Not to say that these aren't real and serious conditions, but they are turning into labels that are being slapped on normal human behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:12AM

1965 and back Wrote:
>

True, many kids are being labeled autistic that wouldn't have been years ago, but there are more now. The diagnosis is way too broad, but I know several autistic kids now and there's no doubt they are autistic. Their parents are aware that they will never be sending their kids off into the world on their own. And in all of those cases, there was no known family history of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 10:12AM by Shadow.

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:59AM

1965 and back Wrote:
>

I think psychiatrists are probably over diagnosing kids as having autism. It seems like suddenly everyone who isn't an emotional wreck has aspergers now. I wouldn't be surprised that if there were parents out there who try to get their kid diagnosed as autistic to take advantage of govt. programs, but I would think they would be few and far between around here. Why would you want to slap an autistic label on your kid?

Posted by: NEGRO ()
Date: January 07, 2012 06:35PM

HES IN MY SCHOOL

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.