HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Gas Prices
Posted by: Greedy Bastards ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:50AM

The price gouging has begun because of the Hurricane. Any idea where you can still get decent gas prices in Fairfax County. Also, if you suspect gouging, any ideas of who to report it to?

Greedy bastards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Gas Prices
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:59AM

Unfortunately reporting it to your household pets will do as good as reporting it anywhere else.

Posted by: Lyd ()
Date: August 31, 2005 02:05PM

Check out this site: www.virginiagasprices.com
You can find the cheapest gas in your area.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: September 01, 2005 04:05AM

Wow. $45 to fill my 17 gallon tank, crazy. Stupid premium...

The cheapest I've found locally (Chantilly) is $3.05 for 93 at the Rt 50/Centreville rd exxon

$2.79 at the Sheetz 5 miles down the road. Worth it even with the 10 extra miles.

VirginiaGasPrices.com from the post above is awesome: http://www.virginiagasprices.com/index.aspx?s=Y&fuel=A&area=Fairfax&tme_limit=36

AAA has a members only one that's very refined, but good luck, the server is usually busy during the day. http://www.aaa.com/fuelfinder

Posted by: Me ()
Date: September 01, 2005 08:59AM

Highest in Falls Church - $3.10. Lowest I've found - 2.76 at a Exxon in Annandale.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 01, 2005 09:30PM

$3.20 for a fuckin' gallon on premium on the Shell on 123 in Vienna close to Nutley.

Posted by: kingOFgEEEks ()
Date: September 01, 2005 10:45PM

$3.09 for regular at a station in Bailey's x-roads today. Yes, I drove right on past.

-"The best way to stay in business is to give your competitor all of the risky contracts" Dr. H Randolph Thomas, CE 432 - Construction Project Control, Penn State University

Posted by: rtcpenguin ()
Date: September 01, 2005 11:55PM

Heh, thought I was smart when I went down to Harrisonburg last week and the gas was $2.35...it jumped over $.60 yesterday alone...

Fuck driving. At this point, I'm a walking man.

Posted by: Tice ()
Date: September 01, 2005 11:58PM

Fairfax proper still has a couple stations under $3.00 (some only by that tenth of a cent); the Sunoco on Route 50/29 is one of them. The Exxons on Route 50/29 & 123 are both at $3.09, a dime up from yesterday.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: September 02, 2005 01:46AM

say 347 in falls church tonight for regular

Posted by: tina ()
Date: September 02, 2005 03:05AM

haha, i don't have to pay for such wicked high gas prices.

Posted by: infinitcash ()
Date: September 02, 2005 03:31AM

its 3.99 for regular
and 4.19 for super

at parkway express near loisdale rd. (springfield mall)

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: September 02, 2005 12:23PM

Holy crap. You're all going to wish you bought that "expensive" $3 gas yesterday. Prices jumped another 30 cents last night.

Also, for the first time ever prices in Fairfax are actually cheaper than Loudoun or Prince Williams counties. Don't ask me why. The Sheetz I always goto out 50 west was a good 8 cents more expensive than my local Sunoco this morning.
Goto that http://www.virginiagasprices.com/ site and look up Woodbridge, their prices are through the roof! Maybe they're on a different supply chain than Fairfax County?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 02, 2005 05:35PM

Meanwhile the oil companies will more than likely DOUBLE their earning from just one year. If my memory serves me correctly they took in $26 billion in profits from 2004 alone... they're going to crush that this year ramming us straight up the asshole.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 02, 2005 05:45PM

how long do you think it will be until there are riots? i expect to see gas stations up in flames soon. places were out of gas... i filled up for $3.24 a gallon... $45+ a tank which used to be $17. let'em burn.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: September 02, 2005 07:05PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2005 07:05PM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: udontknowme ()
Date: September 02, 2005 11:59PM

Its a lose lose situation. You're gonna spend 10 bucks of gas driving to the cheapest station to save 5.

Posted by: infinitcash ()
Date: September 03, 2005 06:38AM

id buy a hybrid, but i feel like hybrids are at full efficuency yet, its fucked up

Posted by: Jim ()
Date: September 03, 2005 09:25AM

And this place is right across the street from the tank farms on FFX County Pkwy..

>> 3.99 for regular
>> and 4.19 for super

>> at parkway express near loisdale rd. (springfield mall)

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: September 03, 2005 09:31AM

Shell on Lee Jackson Mem Highway was $3.95 yesterday for regular, probably more now.

But I don't drive yet (only 17) so I shouldn't care, but I do.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: Terps ()
Date: September 03, 2005 10:32PM

I live in Loudoun County/Sterling and paid $2.88 Thursday. It was $2.98 yesterday and $3.17 today.

Where in Centreville was the station selling for $5.99/gallon? This was Friday.

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: September 04, 2005 04:13PM

There's no rhyme or reason to the madness. I've seen several gas stations at 3.50/regular, and then just as many at about 3.15. Usually the prices in a 15 mile radius are within 10-15 cents of each other.

By the way, the cheapest one I've seen was 3.15 at the Exxon by the Fair Lakes Target. That was a couple days ago, and I've seen another at 3.15 somewhere in C'ville, but forgot where.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 05, 2005 05:00PM

Shell at 29/Union Mill was 2.95, and Shell at Braddock/Union Mill was 2.95. However both are totally out of gas. I spent twenty minutes this afternoon following the same people around looking for somewhere to buy. Ended up paying $3.25 at the Exxon across from Shoppers by Multiplex. I wonder how long it will be before people start getting held up by a couple of guys while they siphon your car?

Posted by: Winnie ()
Date: September 06, 2005 10:03AM

The Shell at Union Mill in Centreville that charged 5.99 a gallon last week is NOW selling gas (unless they're closed like pgens said) at 2.95 a gallon. They price-gouged last week and are now trying to win all the business by charging less. I refuse to use that station simply because of that principle -- how dare they take advantage of a situation then turn it around to make themselves look like the hero.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 09, 2005 06:25PM

There are two things I can't stand: people who are intollerant of others, and the dutch. it turns out that the dutch own Shell, the whole thing.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: September 09, 2005 07:50PM

Its a publicly traded company, meaning many people own Shell, including me. Queen Beatrix is the CEO or president or whatever though and is making bank off of it.

Posted by: xcvxcvcxvxcvcxv ()
Date: January 06, 2013 02:50PM

Cary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. $45 to fill my 17 gallon tank, crazy.
> Stupid premium...
>
> The cheapest I've found locally (Chantilly) is
> $3.05 for 93 at the Rt 50/Centreville rd exxon
>
> $2.79 at the Sheetz 5 miles down the road. Worth
> it even with the 10 extra miles.
>
> VirginiaGasPrices.com from the post above is
> awesome:
> http://www.virginiagasprices.com/index.aspx?s=Y&fu
> el=A&area=Fairfax&tme_limit=36
>
> AAA has a members only one that's very refined,
> but good luck, the server is usually busy during
> the day.
> http://www.aaa.
> com/fuelfinder

Mr Cary drivin dem foren carz, 17 gallon tank and premium fuel? Sheet. That means you probably got an FI 6 cylinder or at least an 8 cylender. Premium also, so it must be a nice car u ridin around in. merc s class?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.