HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Teachers Leaving Mark Twain Middle School
Posted by: Teach 4 Life ()
Date: September 04, 2011 11:39AM

Since the arrival of Amy Holleb at Mark Twain Middle School in 2007, the staff has turned over approximately 90%. Holleb is the epitome of an autocratic manager, bullies her employees and engages in age discrimination. Holleb has a plastic smile, in insincere and disliked by her contemporaries at Twain feeder schools. WSHS is paradise compared to Twain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teachers Leaving Mark Twain Middle School
Posted by: works for p o s ()
Date: September 04, 2011 12:19PM

I am always surprised when someone can rise to a managers position in government and manage using 1950s era style. Managing through fear and threats. I dont know if this applies to the person you posted about but it sure as hell applies to my boss.
Threats through emails, demeaning language and constant use of all caps is the only way she knew to manage.

Her mistake was sending them through email. All one has to do is click forward and opps it went to the main office for a full display of her dictatorship style. Now how did that happen.

Posted by: Kids at all schools in that pyramid ()
Date: September 04, 2011 07:31PM

She's a horrible administrator ask any of the teachers that left. They didn't leave because of a spouse, move or to retire. The majority left the school because of her. The administrators under her are also leaving left and right. I have had kids at the elementary, middle and high in that area. When people ask me about the schools I tell them send your kids to private school 7th and 8th grade to avoid Mark Twain. Test scores are down since her arrival as well. Look at Edison's freshman class it's always a project trying to get the graduates of Mark Twain up to speed. She should be fired unfortunately in order to fire any one in the education system is almost an act of congress.

Posted by: Principal Joe Clark ()
Date: September 04, 2011 07:39PM

If test scores are down, she won't last.

Posted by: Fact Checker ()
Date: September 05, 2011 09:21AM

Kids at all schools in that pyramid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Test scores are down since her arrival as well.

Incorrect statement. Since Robinson left and Holleb took over test scores have increased significantly.

Posted by: been there too ()
Date: September 05, 2011 09:43AM

I have seen some very bad government managers cost taxpayers money. The high ups will just not take action to stop it because their motto is dont rock the boat. Better to let numerous good employees leave than to stop it in its tracks.

Posted by: Former Twain Teacher ()
Date: September 05, 2011 11:18AM

As a former Twain teacher, I can attest to her horrible management and people skills. I had been in the school system for 30+ years and she intentionally placed me in two separate classrooms. I am handicapped and the classes were at each end of the school. I had the same classroom for years. She singles out older teachers she feels are a threat to her and harasses them. She harasses substitute teachers, as well and has driven several out of the building. She is a horrible administrator and human being.

Posted by: Could be ()
Date: September 07, 2011 03:01PM

Perhaps she was brought on to shake it up? Seems to me that Twain should have been producing better prospects as a GT Center than it did under it's former Admin. Just saying...

Posted by: Lanier staff ()
Date: October 29, 2011 12:57AM

The staff was so happy when she left Lanier. Good riddance. She is a manipulator and can't be trusted.

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: August 18, 2014 11:29PM

She is no longer the cluster Director. Does anyone know what her current position is now ?

Posted by: Random Troll ()
Date: October 13, 2014 03:16PM

Becky Wrote:
> She is no longer the cluster Director. Does anyone
> know what her current position is now ?

Holleb was passed over for the lateral move when FCPS reorganized the cluster system. She got demoted to an AP position at Herndon, then was sent back to Gatehouse as an asst. Director in facilities services. There are more than a few people that are happy with the fact that she is nowhere near being responsible for curriculum and instruction.

Posted by: Paint-me Glolleb ()
Date: October 13, 2014 04:02PM

Yes....she has been stashed in a back-room job at Gatehouse. She is "in charge" of facilities planning, that way, she can no harm to the young children. Only inaminate objects, blueprints, and rooms with no windows...in fact, the rubber room is where she belongs.

Aimee Holleb
Assistant Director, Facilities Planning Services
Department of Facilities and
Transportation Services

Posted by: Problem Principals ()
Date: October 13, 2014 09:17PM

It looks like Amy Holleb's new job includes overseeing enrollment projections and producing the Capital Improvement Program.

http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/index.shtml

Posted by: Why not fire bad principals? ()
Date: October 13, 2014 09:43PM

Why doesn't FCPS just fire subpar principals instead of moving them into nice jobs at Gatehouse? Or transferring them to other FCPS schools? FCPS isn't exactly rolling in dough.

Posted by: Oy Vey ()
Date: October 13, 2014 10:13PM

Problem Principals Wrote:
> It looks like Amy Holleb's new job includes
> overseeing enrollment projections and producing
> the Capital Improvement Program.
>
> http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/index.shtml

Is there anything in her background that equips her to do this? FCPS projections have never been very accurate and they sure aren't going to get any better with a recycled principal at the helm.

Posted by: reality check 703 ()
Date: October 13, 2014 11:50PM

Oy Vey Wrote:

> Is there anything in her background that equips
> her to do this? FCPS projections have never been
> very accurate and they sure aren't going to get
> any better with a recycled principal at the helm.

Maybe she has an architecture degree, and a degree in advanced math. Planning Facilities is a very difficult job that requires only the most qualified individuals. I'm sure she is doing an excellent job in her new position. Overcrowded Langley will soon have a beautiful new renovation and expansion. FCPS facilities are looking better than ever. Have you seen the new Edison? The Facilities Department is also very innovative: Baileys Elementary (upper school) is now in a converted high rise office building.

Posted by: Oy Vey ()
Date: October 14, 2014 11:24AM

reality check 703 Wrote:
> Oy Vey Wrote:
>
> > Is there anything in her background that equips
> > her to do this? FCPS projections have never
> been
> > very accurate and they sure aren't going to get
> > any better with a recycled principal at the
> helm.
>
>
> Maybe she has an architecture degree, and a degree
> in advanced math. Planning Facilities is a very
> difficult job that requires only the most
> qualified individuals. I'm sure she is doing an
> excellent job in her new position. Overcrowded
> Langley will soon have a beautiful new renovation
> and expansion. FCPS facilities are looking better
> than ever. Have you seen the new Edison? The
> Facilities Department is also very innovative:
> Baileys Elementary (upper school) is now in a
> converted high rise office building.

Hahaha.

Langley is getting expanded while the enrollment declines. Meanwhile, Falls Church is falling apart while the enrollment increases. Bailey's Upper is in a converted high-rise because FCPS couldn't persuade the Board of Supervisors to let them build a regular school on land that was available near Glasgow MS.

Nice PR, but Facilities operates like an ocean liner. By the time they execute their plans, conditions have already changed. Nimble they are not.

Posted by: Bailey's Uppered ()
Date: October 14, 2014 01:03PM

I will say that, given the short amount of time, Facilities gets credit for converting that high-rise on Route 7 into the Bailey's annex. But that credit goes more to the construction folks than the people within Gatehouse responsible for projections or capital improvement priorities.

Posted by: PerfectPlace ()
Date: October 14, 2014 01:41PM

She is evil and has no people skills; perfect place for her!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Vanna White ()
Date: October 14, 2014 05:03PM

<< She is evil and has no people skills; perfect place for her!!!!!!!!!!>>

What do you expect, she is a _ _ _. (Do you want to buy a vowel?)

Posted by: Ffxanon ()
Date: December 04, 2014 09:17PM

There is NOTHING that qualifies her for her current position. The only focus she has is on the employees. She's essentially getting paid by Fairfax County to nitpick insignificant things unrelated to her duties.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.