HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS SACC Program
Posted by: wondering ()
Date: January 04, 2008 12:33PM

Does any parent have their child in the SACC program? What are your opinions, likes and dislikes?

Any information will be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS SACC Program
Posted by: Kids in SACC ()
Date: January 04, 2008 01:09PM

I have two kids in SACC. They love it! They've been there for two years now.

It's more than a baby-sitting service, they have programs, currently they are exploring media, they produce a monthly newsletter. They can also get help with their homework, play games, read, or just play in the gym.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: January 04, 2008 01:51PM

I have a son in before-school SACC and he loves it. When I was in grade school in FCPS it was more of a low-budget daycare, but they have really improved the program and made it fun for the kids.

Posted by: K ()
Date: January 04, 2008 02:00PM

My son did AK SACC last year and he loved it.....they had creative things for them to make and do. I guess it also depends on the staff, I know some are better than others. Better sign up now even if you are still undecided. You will probably be on a waiting list.

What school would it be? I know a few people that work for SACC.

Date: January 04, 2008 04:04PM

I was just put on the wait list for Freedom Hill. Any knowledge of their SACC program.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 04, 2008 08:04PM

SACC == lazy parent program.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: January 04, 2008 08:11PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SACC == lazy parent program.

You got that right, Gravis!

I used to drive a SACC run, and just about every day we had to take kids back to school because their parents couldn't be bothered to get out there and receive their child. (SACC kids can't just be let off the bus, they have to be met)

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 04, 2008 08:55PM

wondering Wrote:
> I was just put on the wait list for Freedom Hill. Any knowledge of their SACC program.

My friends have their kids in the Freedom Hill program. I don't know the specifics of it, but I know their daughter really loves it. Plus it's majorly convenient for the parents (obviously).

Posted by: OrangeFish ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:28PM

My daughter has been in the SACC program for two years. She loves it! The SACC teachers even work with her classroom teacher on strategies to help her social development. I echo the advice to get on the waiting list -- ours took a while until we managed to get a spot.

Date: January 04, 2008 10:59PM

Gravis Wrote:

Yeah I'm lazy because I have to drive me kid 2 miles out of my way to take him to school each day. And I'm really lazy because I save $116 a week by not putting him in a daycare.

Date: January 05, 2008 08:30AM

two miles is nothing, i drive 30 miles to work.

daycare == lazy parent program.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 05, 2008 09:16AM

So do I. So 2 + 30 = 32. Good work.

Date: January 05, 2008 09:30AM

Gravis Wrote:
daycare== lazy parent program.

Please explain your point?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: January 05, 2008 10:15AM

i was in sacc (i think), the first time i lived in virginia, when i was preschool+kindergarden... it was after school only..

i lived with my mom only, she worked until 5 or 6, which is the same deal with most people that have a job..

so how is working == lazy?

but then again if a parent sits at home all day and still sends their kid to daycare.. then yes, lazy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2008 10:16AM by bdimag.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: January 05, 2008 10:20AM

oh ya, and it was fun...

a snack and a nap, what more could you ask for?

i vaguely remember some sort of marbe track thing.. or i guess it coulda been a hot wheels track set (and lots of em) that i put marbles down? and making fun of the cockroach brothers (cochoran)

Date: January 05, 2008 11:24AM

wondering Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SACC == lazy parent program.
> daycare== lazy parent program.
>
>
> Please explain your point?

my point is that parents that send their kids to these programs are too fucking lazy to look after their own kids.

Posted by: Gravis' mother ()
Date: January 05, 2008 02:48PM

I should've aborted him ~ it's a mistake we all have to live with.

FFX = super expensive

Both parents NEED to work

Pay FFX Cnty to watch kids for a few hours while enriching their lives

People can pay their mortgage...Yeah!

Seems like a win-win

Posted by: furryfux ()
Date: January 05, 2008 03:58PM

Gravis--do you have any children? Do you hve any basis to even be responding to this topic?

SACC is an excellent program well managed by FFCo and is much better than having Elem. school kids going home to an empty house where there is no supervision....it is just too bad that the waiting list is so long.

And by the way, if you are a stay at home parent, you are ineligible to have your child in SACC. THe cost is also prorated according to family income.

Posted by: Vince ()
Date: January 05, 2008 07:51PM

Do yourself a favor..ignore Gravis..he is a professional irritant! If he did have children and spent as much time as he does on here, he'd be the best example of a lazy parent.

Date: January 05, 2008 08:25PM

file.php?2,file=1947

Date: January 05, 2008 11:27PM

Once again Gravis is spouting off about something he has no clue about! What an idiot you are you friggin shit bag!

Date: January 06, 2008 12:35AM

K Wrote:
> What an idiot you are you friggin shit bag!

would you like to buy a comma?

file.php?2,file=1463

Posted by: lyle j ()
Date: January 06, 2008 08:37AM

Comma or not....I think K drove the point home! I think you better come up with a better come back.

Quit talking out of both sides of you mouth. Do you have kids in SACC Gravis?

Like somebody said in a post, you must show proof of employment to qaulify. Schools let out between 3 and 4. What time do you get off work Gravis? How long does you commute take you? Soooo picking up a kid at 3:30 for most parents is impossible. Don't think you can chalk that one to being lazy you fuck stain!

As far as being a bus driver...could it be because you could not get any other job and pay a baby sitter. So you drive your bus with you kids riding shot gun...sounds like a fair trade off to me. I would love to take my kids to work with me and not have to pay $200 a week for day care.

Go ahead Gravis..come up with your only come back on a misplaced comma or word spelled incorrect. But keep your pie hole shut about something you have no clue about!

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: January 06, 2008 01:52PM

Well, the school bus drivers can only take pre-school age kids with them on their runs. Once the kids are in school, you are shit out of luck. You need to be able to work less than 7 hours a day, five days a week AND support yourself and your kids while living in our exorbitantly expensive Fairfax County.

Date: January 06, 2008 04:00PM

bus driver Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> You got that right, Gravis!
>
> I used to drive a SACC run, and just about every
> day we had to take kids back to school because
> their parents couldn't be bothered to get out
> there and receive their child. (SACC kids can't
> just be let off the bus, they have to be met)

Where did you drive SACC kids? When my son was in after school SACC I had to go to the school and pick him up.

Date: January 06, 2008 07:57PM

Suburbanite Wrote:
> Well, the school bus drivers can only take
> pre-school age kids with them on their runs. Once
> the kids are in school, you are shit out of luck...

That's the theory...the practice is quite different. LOL

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 06, 2008 08:10PM

Both parent shouldnt need to work tho. If they have to, its becuase one cant afford the cost of living in FFX county. Move the hell out them and make room.

Date: January 06, 2008 10:30PM

lyle j Wrote:
> Comma or not....I think K drove the point home! I
> think you better come up with a better come back.

OH SNAP! lol. this is just an internet forum, get over yourselves.

> Quit talking out of both sides of you mouth.

how am i talking out of both sides of my mouth?

> Do you have kids in SACC Gravis?

no.

> Like somebody said in a post, you must show proof
> of employment to qaulify. Schools let out between
> 3 and 4. What time do you get off work Gravis?

i get out of work at 7pm.

> How long does you commute take you?

30-50 minutes.

> Soooo picking up a kid at 3:30 for most
> parents is impossible.

well... i actually could work early enough to be back at 3:30pm if i wanted. however, if i was concerned about such things, i would either get a closer job or move closer to work BEFORE having kids.

> Go ahead Gravis..come up with your only come back
> on a misplaced comma or word spelled incorrect.

too easy. anyway, i was referring to the people that just sit at home while someone parents their kid instead of them. anyway, unless you have a third grade or lower kid, what's wrong with a couple hours of freedom?
  • if you are single parent, you really only have yourself to blame for your situation. the exception being your spouse was killed somehow.
  • if you are both working, wtf, you dont have enough money? if you cant live in the area on a single income and you have children, you need to move to a new location that is affordable for your income.
SACC only exists for lazy, selfish and/or irresponsible parents. everyone always thinks they have some special situation that exempts them from these traits but it's only been recently that these programs existed so it's not like this is how it's always been. humanity has come a long way but during that whole time two situations have existed:
  1. all able (includes children) members of the family would work to get/grow food to sustain themselves
  2. one parent would take care of the children and the other hunt/work.
since child labor is frowned upon, the later situation is the one that should be done. im not saying women must be the ones to stay at home because either parent can either role. if you are a single parent, you have done a serious disservice to your offspring because it's been shown time and time again that there are serious psychological issues that arise from a single parent childhood. im not saying they are all going to be completely fucked up but you are really gambling with their lives.

Date: January 06, 2008 10:33PM

lyle j Wrote:
> Comma or not....I think K drove the point home! I
> think you better come up with a better come back.

OH SNAP! lol. this is just an internet forum, get over yourselves.

> Quit talking out of both sides of you mouth.

how am i talking out of both sides of my mouth?

> Do you have kids in SACC Gravis?

no.

> Like somebody said in a post, you must show proof
> of employment to qaulify. Schools let out between
> 3 and 4. What time do you get off work Gravis?

i get out of work at 7pm.

> How long does you commute take you?

30-50 minutes.

> Soooo picking up a kid at 3:30 for most
> parents is impossible.

well... i actually could work early enough to be back at 3:30pm if i wanted. however, if i was concerned about such things, i would either get a closer job or move closer to work BEFORE having kids.

> Go ahead Gravis..come up with your only come back
> on a misplaced comma or word spelled incorrect.

too easy. anyway, i was referring to the people that just sit at home while someone parents their kid instead of them. anyway, unless you have a third grade or lower kid, what's wrong with a couple hours of freedom?
  • if you are single parent, you really only have yourself to blame for your situation. the exception being your spouse was killed somehow.
  • if you are both working, wtf, you dont have enough money? if you cant live in the area on a single income and you have children, you need to move to a new location that is affordable for your income.
SACC only exists for lazy, selfish and/or irresponsible parents. everyone always thinks they have some special situation that exempts them from these traits but it's only been recently that these programs existed so it's not like this is how it's always been. humanity has come a long way but during that whole time two situations have existed:
  1. all able (includes children) members of the family would work to get/grow food to sustain themselves
  2. one parent would take care of the children and the other hunt/work.
since child labor is frowned upon, the later situation is the one that should be done. im not saying women must be the ones to stay at home because either parent can either role. if you are a single parent, you have done a serious disservice to your offspring because it's been shown time and time again that there are serious psychological issues that arise from a single parent childhood. im not saying they are all going to be completely fucked up but you are really gambling with their lives.

Date: January 07, 2008 07:09AM

With most schools having half day kindergarten it is definitely a benefit and I hardly see how you could even considider the parents that use it lazy.

Bus driver: Were the kids you had to take back to the school the kindergartner's from SACC?

Posted by: I know who gravis is ()
Date: January 07, 2008 10:25AM

I think Gravis is the Stinky Grinch

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: January 07, 2008 10:31AM

I know who gravis is Wrote:
> I think Gravis is the Stinky Grinch

Is this because you saw the picture he posted of himself?

Posted by: SAC is the best part of my kids day ()
Date: January 07, 2008 10:31AM

it's the only thing FCPS has done right. the rest of teir efforts are just designed to fill their pockets with high saleries and low student achivement.
It's the truth......sad but true.

Posted by: Grammar Time ()
Date: January 07, 2008 10:55AM

bus driver Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> You got that right, Gravis!
>
> I used to drive a SACC run, and just about every
> day we had to take kids back to school because
> their parents couldn't be bothered to get out
> there and receive their child. (SACC kids can't
> just be let off the bus, they have to be met)

A bus run? Sounds like a giant load of stinky poo to me. I have to go to the school to pick up my kid.

Date: January 07, 2008 12:00PM

Gravis Wrote:
> wondering Wrote:
> -----
> > Gravis Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > SACC == lazy parent program.
> > daycare== lazy parent program.
> >
> >
> > Please explain your point?
>
>
> my point is that parents that send their kids to
> these programs are too fucking lazy to look after
> their own kids.

My point is, how am I lazy? I have 2 jobs, one as a gov't contractor and the other as a real estate agent, my husband is a cop, and we live in a 650K home. We are very busy people. How is it lazy that I need to get my kid to school early (SACC), because I cant wait around for his bus to come at 8:50am? I guess we are just selfish for having kids, and working hard to afford nice things for them.

Date: January 07, 2008 06:54PM

Grammar Time Wrote:
> A bus run? Sounds like a giant load of stinky poo
> to me. I have to go to the school to pick up my
> kid.

I guarantee you there is at least some SACC transportation...I don't know what the criteria is, but some SACC students are definitely transported on FCPS buses.

Don't believe me? Go to the SACC center at Robinson Secondary (on the Roberts Rd side) and watch the little tykes board buses every afternoon.

Posted by: S ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:11PM

While I was at a county library this afternoon, buses from several private schools were dropping off students there. The names on the side of the buses were pretty much from rather elite private schools. Is the county's library system serving as a free SACC for these schools?

Posted by: I'm not to blame ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:26PM

Well, I am a single Mom. Not my choice, or my fault. If I could have things different, I would. But my spouse commited a crime and I am alone. I had no clue he would ever do anything like he did. No clue. He had a squeeky clean record, and I new him for years. One day I woke up and life changed.
Literally.
And I will NEVER take him back.

Gravis Wrote:

> if you are single parent, you really only have
> yourself to blame for your situation. the
> exception being your spouse was killed somehow.

Posted by: zack ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:34PM

i went to sacc kindergarten - 6th grade
to be honest
most of the time i hated it
it was a relief when i got to middle school and got to just go home

Posted by: ex con starting new ()
Date: January 07, 2008 08:13PM

I'm not to blame

Would you like to hook up for da drink? I've done a little time but that is in the past. You sound pretty hot, do you like harleys? Wake up with me and you will never think about another guy again

Date: January 07, 2008 08:21PM

duplicate post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 08:23PM by Gravis.

Date: January 07, 2008 08:37PM

SE Wrote:
> My point is, how am I lazy? I have 2 jobs, one as
> a gov't contractor and the other as a real estate
> agent, my husband is a cop, and we live in a 650K
> home. We are very busy people. How is it lazy
> that I need to get my kid to school early (SACC),
> because I cant wait around for his bus to come at
> 8:50am?

nobody said someone has to be a lazy person to be a lazy parent. you are doing a job but you are not doing your parenting job. btw, you just told me exactly who you are.

> I guess we are just selfish for having
> kids, and working hard to afford nice things for
> them.

you are being selfish because you are doing what you like instead of taking care of your kids. a kid can live with the nicest of things but without involved parents, the kid with parents who just barely make ends meet but are actively involved in their childrens life will still have a better childhood. perhaps you should buy them a new childhood... oh wait.

stop pawning off your kids and do your job as a parent.

I'm not to blame Wrote:
> Well, I am a single Mom. Not my choice, or my
> fault. If I could have things different, I would.
> But my spouse commited a crime and I am alone. I
> had no clue he would ever do anything like he did.
> No clue. He had a squeeky clean record, and I new
> him for years. One day I woke up and life
> changed.
> Literally.
> And I will NEVER take him back.

sounds like you are a great judge of character but i think the MS-13 tattoos should have tipped you off earlier. there is a LOT more to this story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 08:41PM by Gravis.

Posted by: I'm not to blame ()
Date: January 07, 2008 09:05PM

Sure. Give me a call.

(703)382-5968

Talk to you soon.

ex con starting new Wrote:
> I'm not to blame
>
> Would you like to hook up for da drink? I've done
> a little time but that is in the past. You sound
> pretty hot, do you like harleys? Wake up with me
> and you will never think about another guy again

Date: January 07, 2008 10:42PM

Gravis Wrote:
> SE Wrote:
> -----
> > My point is, how am I lazy? I have 2 jobs, one
> as
> > a gov't contractor and the other as a real
> estate
> > agent, my husband is a cop, and we live in a
> 650K
> > home. We are very busy people. How is it lazy
> > that I need to get my kid to school early
> (SACC),
> > because I cant wait around for his bus to come
> at
> > 8:50am?
>
> nobody said someone has to be a lazy person to be
> a lazy parent. you are doing a job but you are
> not doing your parenting job. btw, you just told
> me exactly who you are.
>
>
> > I guess we are just selfish for having
> > kids, and working hard to afford nice things
> for
> > them.
>
> you are being selfish because you are doing what
> you like instead of taking care of your kids. a
> kid can live with the nicest of things but without
> involved parents, the kid with parents who just
> barely make ends meet but are actively involved in
> their childrens life will still have a better
> childhood. perhaps you should buy them a new
> childhood... oh wait.
>
> stop pawning off your kids and do your job as a
> parent.
>
Well, either way, I dont really care what you think. You obviously don't have kids, and if you did, I'd like to see you support two kids and a spouse so your wife could stay at home and watch the kids. I do my job as a parent very well...so does my husband. We work around the obstacles with my son's daycare in the morning, which is for all but one hour before school starts. As I mentioned before, I dont have time to wait around til 8:50 when traffic starts on 66 at 6:30am. I could- but I choose not to. The extra hour with him after breakfast and before he gets on the bus is not going to shape him into a better child. He has fun at SACC in the morning, he wants to go. I also forgot to mention in the earlier post that I drive a Cadillac.

I love having a dual career and a family. I guess that's the choice I made when I married a cop with a 65K salary. Woe is me.

I don't think you know me, but if your first name is Josh, I know you.

Date: January 08, 2008 01:36PM

SE Wrote:
> You obviously don't have kids, and if you
> did, I'd like to see you support two kids and a
> spouse so your wife could stay at home and watch
> the kids.

my parents still live in fairfax and they raised four kids on a single income. we didnt fancy cars, big tvs or even cable but im thankful that my mother had the common sense to be a stay at home mother to actually take care of her children.

> I do my job as a parent very well...so
> does my husband.

no, you neglect your childrens' psychological needs and try to justify it by saying you are doing it to give them nice things. the truth is YOU are the one who wants all those fancy things and your children have just become like pets that you do the minimum to take care of.

> As I mentioned before, I dont have time to wait
> around til 8:50 when traffic starts on 66 at 6:30am.
> I could- but I choose not to.

of course not, you selfishly choose to neglect your children.

> The extra hour with
> him after breakfast and before he gets on the bus
> is not going to shape him into a better child.

you clearly know little of psychology and less of parenting.

> I also forgot to mention in the earlier post that I
> drive a Cadillac.

and all you had to do is neglect your children, good for you!

> I love having a dual career and a family. I guess
> that's the choice I made when I married a cop with
> a 65K salary.

so you choose from the very start you would neglect your children. you are exactly the type of woman that should not be allowed to breed.

I don't think you know me, but if your first name
> is Josh, I know you.

ha! with the details you provided, it wouldnt be all that hard to track down who you are. however, if you wish to make it a challenge, i will gladly post the details of your life on here. btw, no my name is not josh and yes i am an adult. sounds like some other people dont think you are a good parent either.

Date: January 08, 2008 05:13PM

Gravis Wrote:
> SE Wrote:

> my parents still live in fairfax and they raised
> four kids on a single income. we didnt fancy
> cars, big tvs or even cable but im thankful that
> my mother had the common sense to be a stay at
> home mother to actually take care of her
> children.

My parents raised two kids on a single income also, Mommy stayed home with us until we could take care of ourselves after school. That was in the 80s, not now :-)

>
> > The extra hour with
> > him after breakfast and before he gets on the
> bus
> > is not going to shape him into a better child.
>
> you clearly know little of psychology and less of
> parenting.

I have a MA in Psychology from GMU
>

Everything else is garbage....if you would like to post my details please feel free. I can save you the hassle and give you my address if you want, then you can come over and see all of my nice things and messed up kids! But first you would have to get through the gate, and I dont think Geo Metros are allowed :(

Date: January 10, 2008 05:33AM

SE Wrote:
> My parents raised two kids on a single income
> also, Mommy stayed home with us until we could
> take care of ourselves after school. That was in
> the 80s, not now :-)

for you perhaps but i graduated HS post y2k. if you wanted to actually parent your kids, you could do so on a $65K single income. you choose to neglect your children.

> I have a MA in Psychology from GMU ...
> I can save you the hassle and give you my
> address if you want

please, do give me your name and address, i would like to verify this claim of yours.

> then you can come over and see all of my nice
> things and messed up kids! But first you would
> have to get through the gate, and I dont think Geo
> Metros are allowed :(

thanks for the offer but your husband is a life-threatening danger. ^_^

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: January 10, 2008 07:36AM

Gravis Wrote:
>sounds like some other people dont think you are a good
> parent either.

I don't know what kind of parent she is, but I would question what kind of psychologist she is when she gets into anonymous debates online with people she doesn't know in an attempt to justify her actions. I mean really, what does it matter?
And apparently she has an air of conceit, (The whole Geo Metro thing. Kids pick up on things like that too. "We're better then them because we have more." Not a good thing to teach.) I wouldn't use her services.

Posted by: wwmmaaa ()
Date: November 28, 2009 04:25PM

Gravis is an idiot who was obviously left in daycare as a child. Here's proof, right? Idiot-boy, you have no room to judge anyone. Go away.

Posted by: wwmmaaa ()
Date: November 28, 2009 04:30PM

Oh, wait, Gravis wasn't sent to daycare by working parent who didn't care, he was brought up by a stay-at-home parent, which accounts for his stunning vocabulary (F-bomb = intellect) and compassion.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: December 03, 2009 12:24PM

Gravis, I never knew you were a clone of Dr. Laura on this issue.

So, should:

(1) having kids be restricted to men making upwards of $100k a year
(2) should parents all move out to Faquier or Spotsylvania
(3) should parents move in to say Culmore
(4) should parents be content to live in a 2BR/1BA condo

I mean, since you know everything about raising kids and having a family and all.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.