HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Two "Folk Singer" Dudes singing the song in the Eastern's Motors commercial.
Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:49PM

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but those two seem very into each other. It seems like they stare at each other a little too long, smile at each other a little too much, share a few too many lingering glances. There's something a little too friendly about that couple to deceive me into believing that they're just two "cool" and "rockin'" guys that happen to share a mutual enjoyment for Eastern's Motors and "unplugged" jam-sessions. Actually, the commercial seems more like a coy little "role playing" sex romp for the two of them.

I bet the little one is the "bitchy wife" in the relationship and the doofy, big one is the hen-pecked husband............... Additionally, while I find it fascinating from a sociological pint of view, it doesn't really inspire me to want to buy a car. Maybe Eastern's is trying to appeal to the "closeted, yuppie, acoustical guitar loving, gay couple" demographic?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 04:55PM by Taylor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two "Folk Singer" Dudes singing the song in the Eastern Motors commercial.
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:53PM

it's "Easterns Motors."

Get the name of your second chance finance, used car company correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 04:54PM by FUNdamental.

Date: August 30, 2011 04:57PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's "Easterns Motors."
>
> Get the name of your second chance finance, used
> car company correct.

Sharp eyes, good Sir. I have corrected the grievous error. I even threw in a possessive apostrophe just for grammatical competency. Even though they don't use it, I like it better this way...................... Now that I think about it, YOU'RE not one of the two guys, are you?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 05:00PM by Taylor.

Re: Two "Folk Singer" Dudes singing the song in the Eastern's Motors commercial.
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:23PM

Any Redskins players still embarrassing the city by doing these dopey commercials?

I don't get to see them anymore now that I DVR everything.

Re: Two "Folk Singer" Dudes singing the song in the Eastern's Motors commercial.
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:43PM

Date: August 30, 2011 06:44PM

HaHa

Date: August 30, 2011 06:54PM

Date: August 30, 2011 07:00PM

You roxxors, 6X! Thanks for posting that.

Posted by: Gary ()
Date: September 05, 2011 03:04PM

That commercial struck me also, not as a gay thing (how strange for the previous poster to speculate so vividly) but as a being "in the same grove" for the song. They really seemed to support one another in their music. I wonder if the musicians have done other work together. Please post if anyone knows them!

Date: September 05, 2011 03:08PM

Apparently now only nerdy white guys can get car loans with an APR of 22%.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Gay Guy ()
Date: September 05, 2011 03:39PM

I just saw the commercial and GOOGLEd it to find more info on the lil guy, cuz I like the way he shakes his azz ! I've NEVER thought there was ANYTHING gay about either one of them. I've always thought that they did this and then sent it to E.M. who liked it and put it on the air, or they re-recorded it and these guys can't believe they are getting paid to do this! Lets find the story and find out the cute guys name! PS_ Did you notice how they kept the Ebonics of the song with "your job, your credit" instead of your job IS your credit?

Posted by: Paul Lee ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:36PM

Anyone know who this group is? I'd like to know if they have a CD. I actually like their music.

Posted by: Ms TAYLOR ()
Date: September 26, 2011 02:07PM

awh c'mon Taylor.. Go fuck yourself with their guitar. You have focussed on this way too much.... who knows maybe you have a crush on one or the both of them.. Hey man just seems , sociologically speaking,that you are Gay. What skeletons are you hiding in your gay closet?

Date: September 26, 2011 07:59PM

Lol, you're the one happily imagining me putting their guitar in my ass and you think that I'M the one with hidden homosexual tendencies? Judging by your fantasy, you might have some deep inner-reflection to engage in.

Posted by: TankRizzo ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:13PM

It's Charlie Mason (formerly of Jebus) and Dustin Conley. Charlie is in Austin, TX now, Dustin is still in the area. Charlie is a really talented musician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bXqNI6p9o

Posted by: Laura Plaugher ()
Date: September 30, 2011 01:37PM

I happen to Love This Commercial I have it saved on my Phone it makes me happy when I'm feelind dwn or Havin a bad day. And the 1 that u refer to as the bitchy wife is my favorite he is just so Damn Cute!!!!!!!@!

Posted by: Keith ()
Date: November 04, 2011 07:10PM

I'm a (bi) guy and I admit it, I got a crush on that little ass shakin' guy. I always get a little excited when that commercial comes on. It doesn't make me want to buy a car, it makes me want to see him naked. lol

Date: November 05, 2011 01:25PM

See, I KNEW there was some sort of gay vibe to that commercial. I ROXXOR!

Posted by: gay guy ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:00PM

Im gay. The sexy wiggly guy in the front can play my guitar anytime. WOOF! He's HOT. Love to lay under him. He looks so sexy. Sight of him makes me hard.

Posted by: 2dudez buddy ()
Date: June 14, 2012 02:45AM

They're both badass musicians. Dustin Connely (Buster brown - shorter guy) & Charlie Mason (formerly Mr.awesome - taller guy) they've been playin together for years around DC, VA till Charlie moved to Austin. Lool them up on YouTube and enjoy.

Posted by: tankrizzo ()
Date: March 26, 2022 03:43PM

Dustin Conley has been in prison for several years now for inappropriate behavior with an underage girl. Charlie is still in Austin and doing well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.