HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cox out in falls church
Posted by: Thamagicalarab ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:00PM

I have been on and off the phone with cox since 4am. I have not gotten any answer to when service will be back. Anyone heard anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cox out in falls church
Posted by: rose hill ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:15PM

I'm in Falls Church, 22041, and we never lost Cox cable/internet...hopefully, they get you up and running soon.

Posted by: Ciperl ()
Date: August 28, 2011 02:40PM

We lost cox internet for about 5 hours this morning. Its back on now.

Posted by: Olde English 800 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 07:19PM

My Cox out in Prince William. A/S/L

Posted by: Cox Update ()
Date: August 28, 2011 08:56PM

Hurricane Irene Important Customer Information
Cox Communications Recovery Update
http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/northernvirginia/community/alert.cox?campcode=fif_1_alert

Cox Communications has transitioned its Business Continuity Plan to restoration operations. Below is specific guidance for customers regarding their Cox services.

•If your power is working, please reset all of your Cox equipment. To reset equipment, customers should power down and unplug their device(s), wait a few seconds, and then re-start.

•Technicians have been deployed and we are working to restore service to impacted customers. If residential customers require assistance, please contact our Cox Customer Care Center at (703) 378-8422. Please be aware that your wait time could be longer than normal due to high call volume following the aftermath of Hurricane Irene.

•Service outages have been reported throughout the region and are primarily due to power outages. Almost 92% of Cox residential and business customers in Fairfax County and Fredericksburg now have their service restored.

•If the service interruption is power related, we follow Dominion Power in service restoration.

•Also, all Cox Solutions Stores in Northern Virginia have reopened and will remain open until 6 p.m. today. Our Customer Care Center is operational.

•Cox Media advertising services will resume normal operations on Monday.

For more information and updates, either visit the Cox Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CoxNova or go to www.cox.com/fairfax.

Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: August 29, 2011 04:44PM

Olde English 800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Cox out in Prince William. A/S/L

+1

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.