HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Braddock Road-Twinbrook Area Cops & Helicopter
Posted by: Dueces ()
Date: August 18, 2011 02:02AM

Does anyone know what happened last night at around 11pm near twinbrook shopping center on braddock road? Outside on the road two cop cars parked with lights and a police helicopter in the air kept circling for 30 minutes to an hour. Does anyone know the reason for this? someone escaped or running from the cops

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Braddock Road-Twinbrook Area Cops & Helicopter
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 18, 2011 02:15AM

Tuesday nights are usually the nights for drug busts.

Posted by: 2's ()
Date: August 18, 2011 02:23AM

It was tonight the 17th. The fucker iwas circling forever using the infared, and there were cop cars in all the neighborhoods like dequincey dr and stuff so idk it seemed to me like they were searching for someone ya know

Posted by: obligatory ()
Date: August 18, 2011 08:39AM

According to the free online police scanners it had something to do with a suspected homeless person running the nightly police barrier behind the Giant there between the back door and the dumpster. The day's donuts and other pastries are usually discarded an hour or so after closing and the state police from the station a mile west prevent those materials from going to waste.

From what I gathered, sometimes area vagrants try to beat out the police in order to get food. Last night one of them brushed by an officer and they decided to pursue in order to charge him with assaulting a police officer. I fell asleep before any word on whether it was resolved.

Posted by: Mary M. ()
Date: August 18, 2011 09:28PM

A Safeway courtesy clerk got off right before 10pm and was on his way to McDonalds when two people mugged him and beat him up badly. This is according to the cashiers. Scary!

Posted by: Heard all the noise too ()
Date: August 19, 2011 08:55PM

I heard the helicopters Wed night too. Here is the FCPD incident report about it, see page 4:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/incident-reports/2011/activity_report_08-19-11.pdf

Corroborates what Mary M posted.

Date: August 21, 2011 06:32PM

did they find the robbers??

please let me know,

if not i may have pictures for the cops to show the victim. i suspect a known person of my old neighborhood may have done this... very likely

let me know

Posted by: Curious George ()
Date: August 22, 2011 10:25AM

why do you suspect a "known" person of your old hood did it?

Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: August 28, 2011 07:48PM

Youth Robbed on Braddock Road near Twinbrook
Victim treated for minor injuries.
By Susan Larson
August 21, 2011
http://burke.patch.com/articles/youth-robbed-on-braddock-road-near-twinbrook

Fairfax County Police report two males robbed a 16-year-old boy around 10:25 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, in the 9500 block of Braddock Road (near the intersection with Twinbrook Road).

The suspects were described as black, about 17 or 18 years old, with thin builds. One was wearing a white tank top and the other was wearing a black T-shirt and jeans.

The victim was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.