HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
St Stephens St Agnes School
Posted by: justwondering00 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:15AM

There has been a lot of talk about various private schools on this board, has anyone here had experience or know anyone who has experience with St Stephens St Agnes in Alexandria?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St Stephens St Agnes School
Posted by: lortongal ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:41AM

I graduated from there.

If you can afford it, then go for it. great education.

Date: August 17, 2011 09:52AM

Lortongal, any truth to the reputation that the school mostly caters to their rich students and that discipline is very light?

Date: August 17, 2011 09:59AM

mostly "caters"???....ummmm...yea, my entire graduating class was RICH, and yes, discipline is very light :)

it basically guarantees you into a great college,the connections the school has with the admissions staff at most of the VA colleges, is unreal.

my kids will go there for HS, if we can afford it financially.

any other questions?

Date: August 17, 2011 10:12AM

Thanks for the info, it is very appreciated. My family is not Christian, obviously this is a religious school but were most of the students practicing and a member of the this church? What were the religious class requirements? Would you say the students who were not Christian had a harder time making friends?

Date: August 17, 2011 10:16AM

I wasnt episcopalian and I went there. Lots of kids weren't. The requirement is (was) a 1 hour wednesday chapel service at 10am, which we all walked to, and to take a semester of Religion each year. Not a big deal. really.

Dress your kids in Ralph Lauren clothing, North Face Jackets, hand them a Porsche at 16 to drive to school in, and your kids wont have a hard time making friends.

reality. bites.

the education is tough there. Im not going to lie. the classes were all AP in nature. beginning 9th grade english they hand you a Norton Anthology literature book and make you write critical essays on the readings.

PS, the school is in City of Alexandria, Not FFX county. This thread might be moved.

Date: August 17, 2011 10:19AM

Thanks! It sounds like the Langley area to be honest, just with more church. I wonder why we read so much about the other schools on this board and not this one. I didn't realize this was in the city of Alexandria, thanks for the heads up about the post moving.

Date: August 17, 2011 11:17AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.