HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone ever busted for speedng on GW Parkway?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 27, 2005 05:44PM

A friend recently got busted for speeding on the GW Parkway. The court date/location shows US District Court, so is this going to be handled fed-only? How does this work? I assume points, etc find their way to one's VA record. The speed qualified for reckless in Virginia, so can the federal court suspend a VA license if they want?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever busted for speedng on GW Parkway?
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: August 28, 2005 01:01AM

My understaning, traveling this road every day for work, is that the GW is covered under the national park service.,... completly fed.

They bring Fairfax or Arlington county rescue squads to help in accident cleanup, but tickets and fines are going to be fed related. Frunny though, as many a times, the 45~50 mph limit on that road, I'll follow park poilice at 70 with no problem on my way to work.

Was th "crime" durring non-rush hour periods? I never drive it outside of the ususal 9-5 commute times but have been warned from friends that you need to keep to the posted limit when in non-rush hour times.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 28, 2005 07:43PM

Yeah, my understanding was this happened at night.

Posted by: SWweeman ()
Date: August 31, 2005 08:19AM

You will have to go to federal court in Alexandria. They have a traffic court section. You will be assessed points. There is a law that allows the federal goovernment to assimilate state traffic laws and enforce them, including points.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: October 16, 2013 08:36AM

this is a old thread....but interesting

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.