HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
An important FYI for the holiday season
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:58PM

Don't forget about the great sober ride program this area is having this season, I'll definitely take advantage of it.

http://www.soberride.com/files/soberRide.htm

WRAP's 2007 Holiday SoberRide program will be offered from Friday, December 7th, 2007 through Tuesday, January 1st, 2008. Hours of service for this program will be from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am each evening. The program will end at 6:00 am on January 1st. To receive a free cab ride home (up to a $50.00 fare), please call 800-200-8294 (TAXI) or #8294 (TAXI) on your AT&T telephone. Please refer to the SoberRide information listed below for important details concerning this program. You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.

Please note: At this time the SoberRide line is only able to accept calls from cell phones with a DC, Maryland, or Virginia area code number and any local landline or pay phone.

General SoberRide Information

WRAP's SoberRide , called one of the nation's most successful free cab ride programs for would-be impaired drivers, has helped to ensure greater Washington, DC residents have a safe way home on high-risk holidays. Since 1993, WRAP has provided over 38,000 safe rides home.

Currently, SoberRide operates during the December/January holiday season, St. Patrick's Day, Independence Day and Halloween.

WRAP's SoberRide provides a free cab ride home up to a $50 fare.
Callers are financially responsible for anything over $50.

You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service. All calls must originate in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties in Maryland; the Cities of Rockville, Bowie, College Park, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt and Takoma Park in Maryland; the District of Columbia; Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and Eastern Loudoun Counties in Virginia; and the Cities of Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park in Virginia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An important FYI for the holiday season
Posted by: adsf ()
Date: December 19, 2007 08:50PM

how long does it take after you've called it to show up

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 19, 2007 09:36PM

800 - 200 - TAXI that's easy to remember.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 19, 2007 09:47PM

Mofo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget about the great sober ride program
> this area is having this season, I'll definitely
> take advantage of it.
>

I love it!

"Hi Sober Ride, I am MOFO, can I make a reservation for tomorrow night around 11:00 pm? Thanks!"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.