HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Immigration Figures - Double County Resources
Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 18, 2007 08:10PM

This could be Farifax County if immigration is allowed to continue - Double the schools, double the County resources needed.

Watch it until the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Immigration Figures - Double County Resources
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 19, 2007 03:34PM

Also Double the posted topics.

Date: December 19, 2007 04:42PM

Funny there are 66 views in this thread and in the duplicate thread there are 55 views. Apperantly 9 people were smart enough to figure out this was probably a repost error. LOL

Posted by: who's laughing now? ()
Date: December 19, 2007 06:40PM

last time I checked, 66-55 is 11, not 9. Someone isn't smarthen that a 5th grader..

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 19, 2007 06:51PM

who's laughing now? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> last time I checked, 66-55 is 11, not 9. Someone
> isn't smarthen that a 5th grader..

Lurker wasnt counting himself which adds to the page views count chucknuts. Oh and its THAN not Then. Your Banged up Grammar aint too swift either there Laughing boy.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:07PM

Lurker Wrote:
> This could be Farifax County if immigration is
> allowed to continue - Double the schools, double
> the County resources needed.
>
> Watch it until the end
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Interesting. If you look at U.S. population growth over the last 200+ years, it has never looked like the green chart and has looked more like the red chart. Not sure what point he is trying to make except to scare people with his latent racism.

Build a fence? Sure. Enforce immigration laws in the workplace? Absolutely. Somehow make the U.S. an anti-illegal immigration utopia - which it has never, ever been - idiotic, unrealistic and inflammatory.

Instead of bitching about how much we dislike brown people in this country, we would do ourselves a lot more good if we came together and considered realistic ways of dealing with this issue instead of trying to scare the shit out of everybody and offering unrealistic solutions like deporting 20 million people.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:55PM

How is deporting people who are here illegally unrealistic???

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 19, 2007 08:02PM

How is deporting people who are here illegally unrealistic???

Because it costs money to prove someone is illegal and then deport them. Multiply that cost by 20,000,000, and then try to figure out where all that money will come from.

Date: December 19, 2007 08:13PM

Actually it costs very little. The burden is on the "alien" to demonstrate that s/he is here legally. No green card or no paper, you're on the plane out of here. This is not brain science.

The cost of deporting them is much less than the burden on county services every time they wander in front of a car, get hit, and expend over $20,000 in county revenue at Inova Fairfax.

Date: December 19, 2007 08:29PM

> every time they wander in front of a car, get hit, and expend over $20,000 in county revenue at Inova Fairfax.

Using a fallacy of misleading vividness is an irrational way to present your argument.

> No green card or no paper, you're on the plane out of here.

It is definitely not that simple.

Date: December 19, 2007 08:43PM

Oh, actually it is. You're detained by INS, you're taken to an INS/DHS facility. You're questioned as to your nationality and whether you have legal U.S. residence rights or are simply a citizen of the United States. If you fail to produce said documentation or fail to provide any info that can be matched to data in the DHS/CPB/State Department databases, you're toast. They'll also look at NCIC for possible warrants that match up to whatever alias you have. Assuming that NCIC checks out clear, and you've failed to provide satisfactory evidence that you're entitled to staym your paperwork is processed, you're sent to a holding facility pending the next available plane flight/bus/train to the border or home country.

In border areas, its even more simple. You're rounded up, your name is taken, and unless you can provide any residence documentation, you're put on a bus down to San Ysidro, Nogales, El Centro, Yuma, Brownsville or whereever.

Same thing with airports. No entry visa? No green card? No birth certificate? No passport? You're taken from the CBP area, placed in a secure hotel or holding facility, and put on the next flight back to the country where you arrived from.

The ONLY exceptions are where you make an immediate assylum claim to the CPB officer. The officer will assess your nationality and will immediately decide if your case even begins to merit consideration. If you're from most of Latin America, assylum won't even be considered. If you're from Sudan, maybe.

If you're Cuban, you won't even get a chance to plead assylum. Thats why Cubans seek whatever means they can of winning the "feet wet, feet dry" game. Hatians, Dominicans and Jamaicans don't even have that option. Instead, you'll be held in a Coast Guard/DHS facility and held there until the next bulk load of returnees is ready for repatriation.

Its that simple.

Date: December 19, 2007 08:54PM

> Oh, actually it is. You're detained by INS, you're taken to an INS/DHS facility.

You're forgetting about all the resources involved to go out and find these 20 million people.

> Its that simple.

Oh OK, thanks for posting.

Date: December 19, 2007 09:05PM

who's laughing now? Wrote:
> last time I checked, 66-55 is 11, not 9. Someone
> isn't smarthen that a 5th grader..

LOL, that's what I get for posting while talking on the phone. For some reason I transposed the numbers and I was thinking 56 and 65.

Posted by: Vince ()
Date: December 19, 2007 09:57PM

ITRADE Wrote:
> Actually it costs very little. The burden is on
> the "alien" to demonstrate that s/he is here
> legally. No green card or no paper, you're on the
> plane out of here. This is not brain science.
>
> The cost of deporting them is much less than the
> burden on county services every time they wander
> in front of a car, get hit, and expend over
> $20,000 in county revenue at Inova Fairfax.

I just love people who use our broken health care system to justify the stupid immigration policies espoused in the video. If you want to fix the health care system..do so! But stop using the health care system as an excuse.

Date: December 19, 2007 10:11PM

For just about as long as this country has existed we have been dependent on immigration to fuel our economy (cheap labor) and to fill the gap of high skilled/educated engineering and medical professionals that "A-Merican" born peoples are not willing or able to perform any longer.

I seriously doubt that if all the immigrants were white and spoke perfect english (god forbid "A-Mericans" learn a second language)...this would even be an issue. White "A-Merica" has to get over the fear of the browning of this country...and learn to compete.

By the way...I have never heard our immigration policy as trying to "save the 3rd world". Until the recent immigration panic this country embraced immigrants...saw that they added to the US economy and society. They saved the US...we didnt save them!

I did agree with one point of the video. The gentlemen said we need to provide a means for the millions of people in 3rd world countries to support themselves..rather then rushing to this country. To that end I suggest you all go to this web site www.kiva.org ...and do something other then whine about immigration.

Date: December 19, 2007 10:21PM

Here is a less emotionally charged discussion on the topic...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Oct/13/op/FP610130324.html

Posted by: Fruppy ()
Date: December 20, 2007 07:28AM

Vince Wrote:
> Here is a less emotionally charged discussion on
> the topic...
>
>
> http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Oct
> /13/op/FP610130324.html

Thats stupid.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: December 20, 2007 09:27AM

So what if I have a visitor visa?

And it expiries in 3 months.

But I stay beyond that time.

How are you gonna find me?

I exited the airport and I AM GOOOOONE.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2007 09:28AM by Kiev.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 20, 2007 10:25AM

ITRADE Wrote:
> Actually it costs very little.

Well, let's assume certain things. First, you have the labor cost of the police force to apprehend these folks. Then you have the labor cost of the additional ICE agents you will need to hire to process these people (seems to me will will have to significantly increase the number of ICE agents to handle a case load that increases by several hundred-fold). Then you need to pay for places to house these people temporarily while you are processing them (prisons, holding facilities, etc). Then you have to pay for travel, etc.

Keep in mind, this doesn't even consider things like court costs, lawyer fees, etc., etc.

Also keep in mind we have 150,000 troops in Iraq and can't secure the border there, so even if we try to deport 20 million people, odds are a large portion of those people will come back on their own anyway, no matter what we do with the border.

So, in conclusion, I don't think it will actually cost "very little." If anything, you are looking at a program that will, on the low end, cost $50 billion and, on the high end, could approach $1 trillion. Unless, of course, you think the Federal Government has suddenly become incredibly cost-efficient and bureaucrats and members of Congress have become responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars.

Date: December 20, 2007 04:23PM

Vince Wrote:
> Here is a less emotionally charged discussion on
> the topic...
>
>
> /13/op/FP610130324.html

those are the facts...we need immigrants as much as they need us.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 20, 2007 04:32PM

Will take the cheap labor, but let illegals live in other counties and suck on their tax dollars and resources.

I'm sick of this "We need to change everything over to spanish so ILLEGALS can understand." Perhaps we should also go buy some nice lazyboy chairs for the Counties jail too? Certainly don't want any murderers to feel were not paying attention to them also.

Posted by: legumer ()
Date: December 20, 2007 05:00PM

Vince Wrote:
> Vince Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here is a less emotionally charged discussion
> on
> > the topic...
> >
> >
> >
>
> > /13/op/FP610130324.html

But do we need illegal immigrants? You fail to make the distinction. The answer to that is a resounding no.
>
>
> those are the facts...we need immigrants as much
> as they need us.

Date: December 20, 2007 05:57PM

Classic example of ends justifying the means. Jobs aren't being taken by americans because the illegals are willing to work for a fraction of the amount that americans would. Do you honestly think that Americans will not weld, paint, do construction or other work? Sure they well, but not for $9.00 - the amount that the illegals have been willing to accept for the work.

Now that contractors are conditioned and used to paying rock bottom wages for standard blue collar work, they're unable to get legitimate citizens to do the work.

If you removed the illegals, you'd be restoring wages to reasonable levels.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: December 20, 2007 06:45PM

If you restore wages to reasonable levels - your profit falls, and for consumers - prices rise.

Posted by: VInce ()
Date: December 20, 2007 07:27PM

legumer Wrote:
> Vince Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Here is a less emotionally charged discussion
> > on
> > > the topic...
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > /13/op/FP610130324.html
>
>
> But do we need illegal immigrants? You fail to
> make the distinction. The answer to that is a
> resounding no.
> >
> >
> > those are the facts...we need immigrants as
> much
> > as they need us.

The idiot in the video did not mention or differnetiate between legal and illegal immigrants...in fact since he talked about Congress reducing those allowed to immigrate he is specifically talking about legal immigrants.

To answer your question...it is obvious to me that our economy must need more blue collared immigrants then the current rules allow. Illegals do not come here to not work. They come to work..if there was no work...they'd be no illiegals. So...I say...in a free economy as we have...it's obvious we must need them...or we wouldnt be hiring them.

Now as some say..the illegals ..are driving down wages...I wonder. They do fill some jobs that "A-Mericans" are just too good to do anymore...I beleive higher paid "A-Merican" welders...and other tradesmen are employed at union construction projects and government contract sites. Their gravitation to those higher paid union/governemnt jobs has left a void in the "right to work" environment created by non-union states like VA. So...do we need illegals...yes..in a non-unionized state like VA...we do!

Posted by: Why not? ()
Date: December 28, 2007 07:13AM

I know of a very simple way and extremenly cheap way to deal with the immigration issue. It costs about 400 bucks up front and about 7 cents for each illegal immigrant.

Slide on down to your local gun shop - buy handgun and a truckload of ammunition.
Load your handgun.
Request people prove they are legal and if they cant.
Shoot.

Problem solved.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 28, 2007 08:22PM

Why not? Wrote:
> Request people prove they are legal and if they
> cant.
> Shoot.
>
> Problem solved.

why bother asking anyone? hell, why bother with immigration? do like the FCPD, just shoot people.

robocop at work on a bad dayrobocop at work on a bad day
robocop at work on a bad dayrobocop at work on a good day

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 08:28PM by Gravis.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.