HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fire the Junkies
Posted by: End the Madness ()
Date: August 26, 2005 08:07PM

Why do "The Junkies" have a radio show? WJFK needs to get rid of them. They are amateurish at best and a waste of advertisers' dollars at worst.

Yes, I know Ron and Fez are gone. But seriously, in a metro area of 5 million people JFK can't get a group of guys on the air that don't sound half-retarded? Please. Do the JFK management think this is Roanoke or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire the Junkies
Posted by: Hemsk ()
Date: August 26, 2005 09:19PM

I agree. I've tried listening to them before. Horrible.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 26, 2005 10:54PM

they are probly 50x better than don and mike

Posted by: DoctorMr ()
Date: August 26, 2005 10:59PM

MrDoctor, if you haven't ever listened to Don and Mike, shut the hell up because your "opinion" means nothing. Ever heard the saying that it's better to say nothing and have people think you stupid than to open your mouth and erase all doubt? Know it, learn it, love itass.

Posted by: Junk in the Trunk ()
Date: August 26, 2005 11:03PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they are probly 50x better than don and mike

50 x shit still = shit.

Date: August 26, 2005 11:06PM

you're right. theyre all shit. but junkies are better than don and mike

Opie and Anthony > all
junkies > donn mike
don mike >= shit

Date: August 26, 2005 11:09PM

Now I get it. You like dopey and asshat. It all makes sense now. Any further discussion would be fruitless. Good day.

Date: August 26, 2005 11:11PM

i think 99% of the WJFK listeners would agree, DOn and Mike suck compared to O&A Good day to you

Date: August 26, 2005 11:14PM

I SAID GOOD DAY, GODDAMMIT. END OF DISCUSSION.

Date: August 26, 2005 11:17PM

thats why DOn and mike had the shitty time and O&A were the highlight of the station, other than howard. Good day

Date: August 27, 2005 12:30AM

yea see nbodys arguing,

Posted by: SWweeman ()
Date: August 27, 2005 08:02AM

Think all talk radio blows. Can't believe people listen to others speak their minds over pointless issues. Think for yourselves. Yor're letting the media dictate your thoughts and opinions. Even when you do listen, within a week or two they will be talking about the same topic in some manner. Boring!!! Half of you sound more intelligent than all of those guys on the radio.

Posted by: Terps ()
Date: August 27, 2005 09:13AM

They were ok when they were the SPorts Junkies. Now that they are just the Junkies, they aren't as entertaining.

Posted by: Whine and Bitch, Whine and Bitch ()
Date: August 27, 2005 11:10AM

SWweeman Wrote:
> Think all talk radio blows. Can't believe people
> listen to others speak their minds over pointless
> issues. Think for yourselves. Yor're letting the
> media dictate your thoughts and opinions. Even
> when you do listen, within a week or two they will
> be talking about the same topic in some manner.
> Boring!!! Half of you sound more intelligent than
> all of those guys on the radio.

America has become a nation of whiners, not doers. That's why the whiners on talk radio have all been successful. Rush, Hannity, D&M, Stern, Franken...none of them have contributed anything to society, except the pushing of Trim Spa and Veromax.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 27, 2005 12:41PM

Whatever the fuck happened to Ron and Fez? When did they get the boot? I used to listen to those fucks religiously. Well, whenever I was driving after 7pm.

Posted by: Whine and Bitch, Whine and Bitch ()
Date: August 27, 2005 01:14PM

JC Wrote:
> Whatever the fuck happened to Ron and Fez? When
> did they get the boot? I used to listen to those
> fucks religiously. Well, whenever I was driving
> after 7pm.

I think they went to XM. Too gay for JFK, I guess.

Date: August 27, 2005 02:47PM

didnt realize the junkies wernt the sports junkies.. in that case they do suck

Posted by: F--ing Ponderous ()
Date: August 27, 2005 03:49PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
> didnt realize the junkies wernt the sports
> junkies.. in that case they do suck

They stopped being the Sports Junkies about six months ago. Instead of talking about Dan Snyder and Ted Leonisis, they now talk about their personal lives and the policies of George W. Bush. Their "intellectual insight" is fucking ponderous.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 27, 2005 04:07PM

fuck the radio and fuck the sun. i boycotted the radio since WHFS went mexican. what a waste of a perfectly good radio station. the nighttime is the right time.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Jim ()
Date: August 30, 2005 08:00PM

Not all talk radio blows. Check out http://www.wotaradio.com. They are SWEET.. I am the drunk f'er who runs their board..

Posted by: fventura03 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:36AM

junkies do suck, sometimes they are ok. i listen to them because i don't know of anything else that is on

anyone know of any other talk radio stations that are good? what station is opie and anthony on?

same with don and mike, getting tired of their crap.

Posted by: LoudounVisitor ()
Date: August 31, 2005 10:03AM

Opie and Anthony are on XM 202, along with Ron and Fez in about a week. I think the Junkies dropped the "Sports" when they went to HFS to do mornings.

Posted by: fventura03 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 10:53AM

Oh ok. gotta get satelite now :).

Posted by: loco ()
Date: September 06, 2005 02:36PM

dios mio!

Gravis Wrote:
> fuck the radio and fuck the sun. i boycotted the
> radio since WHFS went mexican. what a waste of a
> perfectly good radio station. the nighttime is
> the right time.
>
> unfairfax adaptivetime com
>
> As of 8/27/05 15:52
> My Linux uptime: 53 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes
> Your Windows uptime: pushing two hours

Posted by: The Junkies can suck my Junk ()
Date: September 06, 2005 03:09PM

The Junkies lost to Elliot, big time. I blame them personaly for the loss of WHFS.

Bastards.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 06, 2005 04:46PM

God damn it, I am getting Sirius in a couple of months waiting for Howard but now I also want XM to listen to O&A and Ron and Fezzie. I take it there isn't a receiver out there that makes it possible for me to have both XM and Sirius right?

Posted by: tsarinaalixandraromanov ()
Date: October 09, 2005 10:27PM

What really sucks is that they cut the last hour of Howard for those morons. As soon as their crappy pseudo-rap comes on, the radio goes off. God, I hate them, the only other show that comes close to sucking as bad as them is the Phil Rosenberg Show. Howard, Don & Mike and G.Gordon Liddy were the best on WJFK, I have been so sad since they changed from that lineup! The rest of radio is absolutely unlistenable, the only thing left is talk! If I have to hear another song by Beonceye or however the fuck you spell it, I might puke...anyways, please fire those retards, bring back Ron & Fez to fill that slot, or better yet, replay Howard's whole show.

Date: October 10, 2005 08:49AM

You know what is worse? Collin Quinn's new show. Holy crap! The guy got fired from Comedy Central for a reason. He has turned into a clueless, hateful, conservative bore like Dennis Miller. I'm all for political humor, but this guy doesn't have ANY humor. And he sounds like he has no f-ing idea what to do on radio. Yes, I know he is a bitter old f-ck because his buddies on Remote Control like Dennis Leary and Adam Sandler went on to fame and fortune while he continues to be a boring loser, but still.

Radio has really gotten bad in recent years. It seems like anybody who walks into a studio can get a gig nowadays. Can't wait to hear the train wreck that will be the David Lee Roth Show. How many weeks do you think it will be before the guy just stops showing up for his show? Six? Eight? This should be good.

Posted by: qwert ()
Date: October 10, 2005 09:50AM

Last week Don and Mike hinted that the junkies were moving to the JFK morning show when Howard goes to Sirius.

Date: October 10, 2005 11:22AM

qwert Wrote:
> Last week Don and Mike hinted that the junkies
> were moving to the JFK morning show when Howard
> goes to Sirius.

That will be a ratings disaster. I hope Michael Hughes has his bags packed, because he will lose his job over that one.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:26PM

Last week Don And Mike were hinting they had new material for their show for the first time in years (I don't count his wife as "material", well, not like Don does anyway)

The material? They want to take on the comments made on the internet, presumably on this site as well. Have fun with that, dopes. Bring it on.

Still better than listening to the Sports Junkies talkin' hoops with Governor Erlich. That guy is a total asshole and a world-class shitty politician.

And even still it beats the "rosenberg semitic confusion show", where jews are talked about in total measure. JFK has slowly started going religious.

Date: October 10, 2005 01:30PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
JFK has slowly started going
> religious.

I fully expect JFK to be Spanish-language or Hindi by this time next year. It is being managed into the ground. How do you take Howard Stern, Bill O'Reilly, mix it up with the infantile Don & Mike and a bunch of derivative D&M clones and think that is the way you program a radio station? D&M like to brag about how they are 45% of the station's revenue. The station must make absolutely no money if that is the case.

Posted by: qwert ()
Date: October 10, 2005 02:04PM

I can't figure out the point of the Rosenberg show - its basically unlistenable and unfunny.

Posted by: glad the show ended ()
Date: April 18, 2014 08:15PM

so glad that dreadful show ended.

tablemanners!

Posted by: GBW ()
Date: April 18, 2014 09:40PM

glad the show ended Wrote:
> so glad that dreadful show ended.
>
> tablemanners!

I would be glad if that dreadful show had ended! Tablemanners is a fucking travesty of broadcasting.

Posted by: Junkie Monkey ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:20AM

This thread started 9 years ago and the Junks are still at it.

Posted by: Big Fat Hurting ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:10AM

In those 9 years, the Junkies have made $3+ million if what everyone says about their salaries is true. Yet you losers are still writing on a message board about how much they suck. Hilarious. They have only gotten more successful as the years have gone on. Radio show, Table Manners TV show, on Fox 5 every morning. Even their geek movie reviewer/stunt guy is blowing up on local and network TV.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:38AM

Bring back Grease.. The master of verbal visual theater!

http://www.greaseman.org/sounds/karls/0230%20Revenge%20on%20Phil%20Kronenberg.mp3

http://www.greaseman.org/sounds/karls/0523%20Sgt.%20Fury%20-%20Goes%20nuts%20on%20Vietnamese%20family%20at%20Christmas%20time.mp3

I can't remember the number of times I was late to class listening to this guy.. Local radio talent has fallen considerably.

Posted by: Junkies Fan ()
Date: April 19, 2014 01:00PM

I started listening to them just a few years ago, now I listen to their full podcast daily.

For a local radio show, these guys are pretty damn good.

Posted by: Derfx ()
Date: April 19, 2014 10:43PM

I say get rid of the Junkies and put Goss' Garage on. I need to know whether switching to synthetic oil for 83 Caprice Classic is worth it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.