HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Discount Appliances
Posted by: KK ()
Date: July 05, 2011 12:17PM

Anyone recommend a place for Discount Appliances? I don't want to buy used stuff. Are Lowe's and Home Depot good deals?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Discount Appliances
Posted by: Suggestion ()
Date: July 05, 2011 12:27PM

Home Depot and Lowes both offer their appliances at discount rates, bur you gotta know the secret code word. Find someone in the appliance section and whisper "cum dumpster" to them, and viola....discounted rate. Trust me on this one.

Date: July 05, 2011 12:44PM

Ok, you sound to be someone I could trust so, on my way home today, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

I knew that posting something on here would yield some reall gems!

Posted by: backdoor2thefuture ()
Date: July 05, 2011 01:35PM

After looking through all options including ajmdadison online I have concluded that best buy has the best prices. Lowes it he most expensive, sears / home depot second and best buy the cheapest.

Posted by: Ale ()
Date: July 05, 2011 04:44PM

I just purchased a fridge, Stove and a washer machine. I found that K-mart has the best deals. Don't fall for their open box deals 'cause they aren't worth their price

Posted by: contractor ()
Date: July 05, 2011 05:22PM

KK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone recommend a place for Discount Appliances?
> I don't want to buy used stuff. Are Lowe's and
> Home Depot good deals?

Now that the ass clowns are done responding here is a real answer.
JE rice in Manassas sells discontinued and scratch & dent appliances on the cheap with factory warranty intact.

http://www.jericeco.com/

Date: July 05, 2011 05:32PM

If you are buying several, sometimes appliance wholesalers and distributors will sell to you.

I had parts of my entire house done two years ago (new kitchen, new mud/wash room, new garage), and that added up to 9 different appliances.

Both Bray & Scarff and Appliance Distributors Unlimited put in bids.

Got very attractive pricing from both.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: FUCK_U_WELFARE ()
Date: July 05, 2011 11:19PM

"JE rice in Manassas "
Most of us who live in NOVA (inside the beltway) don't want to drive 500 miles to manasshole

He needs help with his website, and i dont see any appliance inventory online.

Posted by: Comparison shopper ()
Date: July 06, 2011 12:17AM

I gotta disagree with the poster who said Lowes is the most expensive. Someone I know just got a great deal on a fridge there--paid half what I paid four years ago for one of about the same size and quality. I shopped at Sears and was not happy with the delivery delays (or the price, now that I see what I could have gotten for half the price). Have appliance prices gone down in recent years, or did I just get ripped off?

Posted by: Good chance answer is ... ()
Date: July 06, 2011 01:00AM

Comparison shopper Wrote:
> I gotta disagree with the poster who said Lowes is
> the most expensive. Someone I know just got a
> great deal on a fridge there--paid half what I
> paid four years ago for one of about the same size
> and quality. I shopped at Sears and was not happy
> with the delivery delays (or the price, now that I
> see what I could have gotten for half the price).
> Have appliance prices gone down in recent years,
> or did I just get ripped off?

b)

Posted by: backdoor2thefuture ()
Date: July 06, 2011 07:25AM

I made the anaylsis on Lowes by just doing a quick compare with their online prices. We actually bought a fridge and dishwasher this past week.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: July 06, 2011 12:57PM

There are two parts - the appliance itself and the place selling it to you.

The appliance itself is supposed to the same no matter where you buy it. You can find every manufacturer being torn apart in online reviews - filter out the batshit insane ones and see what's left. If it is a big appliance that requires visits to your home to fix it, try to figure out which manufacturer has fewer needs for service calls... and those that have provide service calls at least somewhat competently. Going for the cheapest in the class will probably cost you more.

The place selling it to you is all about cost, delivery reliability, and installation reliability. Cost is the easy one to compare. Sears has a horrible history of unreliable delivery and stuff being out of stock. The last time I had Home Depot deliver a refrigerator, the delivery person didn't work for Home Depot. I think most of them contract that work out so much that you can't even cash-n-carry from their stores (especially that dinky craphole Reston store.)

I can perform installations myself. I prefer to because I believe that anybody talented/capable enough to do a good job probably won't get stuck delivering them for a living. I'm not sure how you can get a better installer if you can't do it yourself... I fear that they all subcontract out to the lowest bidder and will end up with poor quality at some point.

The last dryer I bought was on eBay - picked it up at a warehouse in Sterling. Got it for 50% of the price at BestBuy. You can also try cash-n-carry at Costco.

I don't DIY because I'm cheap. I DIY because it avoids dependence upon the declining service and competency brought about by price wars. If you can DIY and have a truck, you can save a lot and get it done right.

Date: July 06, 2011 01:57PM

Thanks for all the sincere replies. Ihadn't thought of applicances on ebay, will give it a look.

Posted by: A. M. ()
Date: August 10, 2017 02:43PM

Do people really say "ass clowns" discussing appliances? I thought that was limited to our political discourse. Happy shopping, everyone.

Posted by: x6yfc ()
Date: August 11, 2017 02:28AM

KK Wrote:
> Anyone recommend a place for Discount Appliances?
> I don't want to buy used stuff. Are Lowe's and
> Home Depot good deals?

google it and you likely end up in manassas somewhere

Posted by: p7ckg ()
Date: August 11, 2017 02:30AM

used, being taken out for remodeling

it's surprising what people discard these days because of a few blemishes - stuff that will last 40+ yrs more

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: August 11, 2017 10:33AM

I agree. I bought a GE refrigerator when I bought my current house. The next year when I was replacing the other appliances they changed the logo to the circular "GE" badge. My wife wanted my to get a NEW refrigerator so that they all would match. Instead, I just ordered the updated "GE" badge and swapped it out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.