HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any list of section 8 housing?
Posted by: Zeeeeep ()
Date: June 30, 2011 02:49PM

I want to see if any houses are section 8 in the neighborhood. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any list of section 8 housing?
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:13PM

Yes there is. They are all over. Where do you live.

Posted by: Joan ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:19PM

check in Reston. There were only two places we could quailify 'cause you can't make more than 65k as a couple...

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:23PM

Reston/Herndon, and Springfield both have the highest concentration in the county AFAIK.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Zeeeeep ()
Date: June 30, 2011 04:44PM

I live in Springfield.

Posted by: indaknow ()
Date: June 30, 2011 11:21PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reston/Herndon, and Springfield both have the
> highest concentration in the county AFAIK.

True, plus they (liberal social agencies) keep a tight reign on the list. Simple fact is Section 8 = problems. Absentee landlords don't really give a crap because it's a guaranteed rent check every month from the gubment. A small percentage on a sliding scale is supposed to be paid by the tenant. I had a buddy who had rental condo down on Hagel Circle in Lorton. There were no normal takers even after he busted his ass fixing it up, so he had to rent it out to section 8 to cover the mortgage. The tenant's contribution was supposed to literally be $21.00 every month but she would never pay. On top of her and her brood of bastard children trashed the place, bunch of looter locusts.

Get used to it under the current regime (Demonrats) and frankly if they practice some fiscal austerity and cut back on these "entitlements" the natives will riot. Institutionalized dependency is just another form of control.

Posted by: NiggaPlz ()
Date: July 01, 2011 11:09AM

Zeeeeep Wrote:
> I want to see if any houses are section 8 in the
> neighborhood. Thanks.

Your best bet is to download the Section 8 database directly from HUD:
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/mfh/exp/mfhdiscl

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: July 01, 2011 11:45AM

Too bad I don't have Microsoft Access =(

Posted by: Igotthedownload ()
Date: July 01, 2011 11:52AM

Zeeeeep Wrote:
> neighborhood. Thanks.

Zip?

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: July 01, 2011 12:47PM

I'd be curious about 22015 and 20166.

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: July 01, 2011 01:16PM

I don't think that database will give you a comprehensive listing of "Section 8 houses." It only covers multifamily assistance/Section 8 contracts, where an entire apartment/condo complex is subsidized. Most Section 8 assistance now comes through the Housing Choice Voucher Program.

The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and is not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

Posted by: Omyomy ()
Date: July 06, 2011 06:49PM

I love Section 8. I'm a landlord. Guaranteed income but just like all of my properties... I have 22, I screen each tenant very carefully. You also must lay down the law.... let them know if there are *ANY* issues, complaints, whatever... you will IMMEDIATELY start eviction proceedings. They better make nice nice with their neighbors. Most Section 8 folks would hate to lose their funding because it usually takes years to get and once you lose it... you can't get back on it. You just have to let them know that nonsense is not tolerated. Ever.

Re: Any list of section 8 apartments in fairfax va?
Posted by: lorenzo ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:46PM

hi im lorenzo i need help finding a 2 bedroom apartment for me and my dad he has a section 8 voucher he had it for 4 or 5 years we stay in alexandria va and are least is up in aug.... please help me find a nice apartment for him or give some numbers to call thanks

Posted by: KP4pM ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:10PM

It is mostly naive landlords who put up with section 8 tenants.
I was naive once.. No more. No more, driving over to pick up late rent or hearing excuses that someone dropped it off for them so I must have been stolen.
No more lame court appearances for unlawful detainer. No more having my properties trashed with no recourse. No more having judges trying to shame me for collecting damages (thousands of dollars worth), because the tenant was on the Section 8 program.
Section 8 housing is a major failure for landlords, and a loophole for irresonsible adults ... along with, cable TV subsidies, electricity subsidies, WiC, ETB, etc.
Food stamps .. screwing the tax payer 1 entitlement at a time.
Sham and Shame

Posted by: HUxbG ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:11PM

Why do you have to leave if your lease is "up"?
Landlord's aren't renewing?

Posted by: 9eTcb ()
Date: April 17, 2015 04:55PM

Posted by: jNymj ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:02AM

fx co gov is a counterfeiting ring ...

they have hundreds if not thousands of "friends" all who are paid gov money to run "agencies"

call any of these agencies and they will do absolutely nothing for you and are doing nothing they are supposed to be doing

and if it is illegal for obama to expand and appoint his own cabinet and also people he's not supposed to be appointing ...

tell me how's is "legal" for bull-o-va gov to create hundreds of agencies run by political families and friends - all which loose money and do no service

Posted by: Section_8_Sharon ()
Date: April 20, 2015 09:58AM

Zeeeeep Wrote:
> neighborhood. Thanks.

Pretty much anywhere in red on this map.

Map_showing_Fairfax_County,_Virginia.png

Posted by: PEMLv ()
Date: April 20, 2015 01:28PM

Section 8 should not exist .. but since that's not possible, it should have it's own exlusive town.

Posted by: Follow the Trail ()
Date: April 20, 2015 08:53PM

If you want to know where there's a lot of Section 8 housing, just follow the crime reports. More Section 8 means waaaay more crime. That's why libs want Section 8 housing in YOUR neighborhood, not theirs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.