HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Kane show
Posted by: Radio lover ()
Date: June 27, 2011 11:21AM

How many of you think that the kane show @ hot 99.5 sucks?! they talk about irrelevant crap, there isn't really an alternative so I guess most of us are "stuck" with them. So glad I will be able to listen to my iPod moving forward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kane show
Posted by: I don't mind it ()
Date: June 27, 2011 11:27AM

I don't think it is too bad, but I certainly don't "love" it. They try to play it safe. They don't discuss anything controversial or that can cause a debate. No sports. No politics. Just stuff out of magazine and internet articles. "It says in this article that 50% of women do blah blah blah because of blah blah blah. Call us, women, and let us know if you do it". I also think their War of the Roses bit is a fake. Otherwise, I do find my self listening a few times a week. I flip back and forth from Kane and Elliot.

Date: June 27, 2011 11:28AM

Yes. Kane is a big fake and he sucks. But he also gets big ratings with the air-headed bimbos who listen to his show while doing someone's nails.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: June 27, 2011 11:29AM

Kane huffs, the humor is on par with a 9th grade locker room.... "Sock-Ween" HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

FML.

Posted by: I don't mind it ()
Date: June 27, 2011 11:30AM

It does seem like the listeners that call in are not the sharpest tools in the shed. although I never called, I do listen on occasion so I guess I'm a dope too. And Sara is NOT hot.

Posted by: otown ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:18PM

Sarah....not hot....

Date: June 27, 2011 12:51PM

otown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sarah....not hot....

She's a pig.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: YES! ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:59PM

The few times I've listened too it, it sounded like 6 teenage girls sitting around at lunch running their mouths.

Vapid, useless, unentertaining banter for the sake of making noise.

On tomorrow's show: What do you think about girls that dye their eyebrows a different color than their hair?

Date: June 27, 2011 01:08PM

YES! Wrote:
> The few times I've listened too it, it sounded
> like 6 teenage girls sitting around at lunch
> running their mouths.
>
> Vapid, useless, unentertaining banter for the sake
> of making noise.
>
> On tomorrow's show: What do you think about girls
> that dye their eyebrows a different color than
> their hair?

And it's the #3 rated show in this market.

While I don't listen to Kane, I understand that they have a market...stupid and uneducated women in their 20s and 30s. Jack Diamond's show is pretty much the same thing, just aimed at stupid and uneducated women in their 30s and 40s.

What irks me about people like Mike O'Meara is that they try to take formats and bits developed for stupid women in their 20s and 30s and use them on stupid guys in their 40s and 50s and then they are shocked when it doesn't generate ratings.

Posted by: heck yes! ()
Date: June 27, 2011 01:08PM

YES! Wrote:
> The few times I've listened too it, it sounded
> like 6 teenage girls sitting around at lunch
> running their mouths.
>
> Vapid, useless, unentertaining banter for the sake
> of making noise.
>
> On tomorrow's show: What do you think about girls
> that dye their eyebrows a different color than
> their hair?

Exactly!
I would love some to hear some useful info and not the kind of stuff we could easily read on AOL.com...
if at least they were funny I wouldn't mind. I find Sammy's voice irritating, Kane is annoying and thinks the world of himself and Sarah is just there to either says yay or nay...

Posted by: Dark Brown Shit Nuggets ()
Date: June 27, 2011 01:17PM

As bad as that show is....it's lightyears better than the Davy Jones Show on the KHZ Network.

Posted by: Greaseman ()
Date: June 27, 2011 01:18PM

You need me back on mornings, I don't know what is wrong with you people. Hobble-du-gaga!

Posted by: rlv ()
Date: June 28, 2011 11:34AM

they do suck

Posted by: Greaseman ()
Date: June 28, 2011 12:09PM

Wadadoodle!

Posted by: Tyy ()
Date: December 09, 2014 09:41PM

That why I listen to 107.3 kane is fake and a jerk

Posted by: Milf Fan ()
Date: December 09, 2014 10:26PM

Wow! Can you now tell us why you felt the need to bump this three year old worthless thread?

Posted by: Ornaments ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:21PM

I LOVED the Kane show. I used to listen to it everyday on the way to work but honestly I hate that show now. Kane is SO fake and ingenuine lately that I can't stand him! The topics that they bring up are so unoriginal that it makes me want to reach through my radio and punch Kane in the face. I mean WTF happened? I now Sammy and Sarah left...but WTF? Kane should take a lesson from Adam Carolla or someone of that nature about how to host a decent show that keeps the listeners entertained. how about have more in-depth conversations with the callers rather than 20 second increments.

Posted by: RadioDial ()
Date: December 10, 2014 09:25PM

Clearly the thread bumper is Ty from the terrible Sarah Ty Mel show on 107.3. I can't stand those three -- Sarah usually sounds drunk, Mel is insufferable, and Ty is a jerk. I talked to him once at an event and he proved the point.

Now: Kane. That show has gone way downhill. He used to be likable and funny. Now he's kind of phoning it in, and his co-hosts are awful. Intern John can't annunciate (radio is the wrong job for him -- he sounds like he has something on the roof of his mouth and misses the last syllable of most every word). Danni sounds like she's trying too hard with her calling people "boo" and trying to sound "street."

Just listen to WTOP.

Posted by: Born Every Minute ()
Date: December 10, 2014 10:49PM

Cheaper than Geronimo's podcast where I'm out $90.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: December 10, 2014 11:12PM

I listen now to 93.3 Less talk and not the annoying Boxer on 98.7, Kanes ok and I do listen sometimes but got tired of Roses..

Posted by: kompetition for kane ()
Date: December 11, 2014 02:27PM

It's interesting to note that more than half of the former staff of the Kane Show (Sarah, Samy and Mel) are now doing a morning show that directly competes with him.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.