HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Husband of Falls Church City Council Member Arrested
Posted by: No parole ()
Date: September 26, 2015 01:29AM

Virginia has no parole. You can get some time off for good behavior, but you must serve 85% of your sentence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: New video... ()
Date: September 26, 2015 04:45AM

Gardner's molestation victim speaks out

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/09/25/gardners-molestation-victim-speaks-out/72838754/

He's already been sentenced to 20 years in prison for molesting young girls. Tonight we're hearing from one of Michael Gardner's victims. (WUSA video at the link)

Peggy Fox, WUSA 10 p.m. EDT September 25, 2015

ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA9) -- Michael Gardner has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the sexually abusing four young girls. Now, one of his victims is speaking out exclusively to Peggy Fox, who has covered the case since Gardner was arrested in 2011.

The Gardners were a well-connected political power couple in Falls Church. He was a Democratic Party leader, and she had been the mayor and council member. When he was arrested, many refused to believe the allegations. The case divided the city.
The child sex assault case rocked the small historic city of Falls Church. Michael Gardner and his wife political power couple, he as the head of the democratic party in Falls Church, and she the mayor.

"The vindication that these children have gotten through this process is worth it. It's so worth it," said Sonya Richardson, the lead detective in both child molestation cases.

"These little girls were 9 and 10 years old. And from the very first interviews, they stuck to the same story because they were telling the truth," said Richardson.

His wife, Robin Gardner, a former mayor and council member, stuck by him. Even after he was convicted of molesting two girls at his daughter's slumber party in 2011.

"When you're child tells you something like this happened, you believe them," said Richardson.

His conviction was thrown out on a technicality, but after he was released, his niece came forward with allegations he had done the same to her when she was 12. The niece, now 18, testified in a new trial on Wednesday.
Then Thursday, Gardner agreed to plead guilty to molesting his niece and three other girls from the 2011 case, the deal gives him a 20 year sentence behind bars.
One of the now 14-year-victims who talked to WUSA9 said she wishes her abuser received more time.

"I knew he attacked me. I knew it was him. We were telling the truth the entire time," she said.

Her parents say they don't expect an apology from Gardner, because he pleaded in order to protect his wife. A phone call recording in which Robin Gardner appears to acknowledge the abuse of her niece was about to be played in court when Gardner entered his plea deal.

"Some people are still confused and not willing to be involved and stand up and say what's wrong is wrong," said Kris Rice, the girl's mother.

Gardner was also accused of a murder for hire plot, allegedly he tried to hire someone to kill the child victims, along with the detectives and prosecutors. His plea deal includes immunity from prosecution in that case, and it includes immunity for Robin Gardner in both.

By the way, the girl has decided she wants to be prosecutor some day.

Posted by: The Old Man in FC ()
Date: September 26, 2015 12:54PM

Here is the statement issued Friday morning by Garnder's sister. I posted a link on the previous page to the FCNP story but had no time to comment yesterday.

“It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that this afternoon Michael took a deal to protect his family. The deal ensured that Robin and the kids would remain safe and be free from prosecution. We were winning the trial…we proved that things did not happen as was being related…but when the prosecution AND the judge showed that they were willing to go after Robin with the same vitriol that they went after Michael, Michael gave them what they wanted."

-----What she doesn't say is that Robin was on the prosecution's witness list and that her testimony likely would have been damaging to both of them. From that point on they would not have been "winning", if they ever were.

“Michael will serve 20 years, less time served and good behavior. Robin and the kids will be left alone….Michael was always willing to gamble with his life, but never Robin’s and the kids. He loves his family too much to allow them to go through the horrors that he was these last four years."

-----So in her eyes he is both innocent victim and classical hero, the selfless husband and father, battered by the law but unbroken in spirit.

“We all stood behind Michael this afternoon as he made his plea. The judge asked if he was guilty of the crimes and Michael’s response was “I am pleading guilty.” When the judge asked Michael’s profession, Michael turned to his attorneys and asked if he could claim he was a lion tamer….in typical Michael fashion.

-----Defiant to the end in the face of all the evidence. And such quick wit or was this an implied reference to Daniel 6? Actually the more accurate analogy would have the girls first in the lion's den.

“Please know that his family and friends were there with him during this difficult decision. He made this decision in the best interest of his family. His friends and family know the truth. We know that Michael NEVER did any of the things that he was accused of doing. We still stand behind him 100 percent."

-----They all are secure in their delusion, though their only real knowledge here is his word.

“By taking this plea, Michael has knowingly forfeited his right to appeal. There is no justice in the justice system. Michael tried so hard to bring it to light, but his best efforts failed. We, his family, continue to support him. Please continue your support so that Michael is not forgotten."

-----So it's the system that's failed Gardner, not Gardner who failed the system. I doubt his family and friends will forget him. His victims certianly won't.

“Thank you to all of you who showed support by writing letters, by taking his calls, and by going to see him. It has been greatly appreciated.”

-----I'm sure it was and I'm sure there are those outside his family circle who still believe in his innocence, but how deep is their belief and how willing will they be to proclaim it? I don't expect them to start wearing "Free Michael Gardner" T-shirts.

http://fcnp.com/2015/09/25/michael-gardners-sister-insists-on-his-innocence/

Posted by: the new poke man ()
Date: September 26, 2015 06:01PM

Took a deal to protect his family? Bullshit. He took a deal because he figured that getting ass raped for twenty years is better than getting ass raped for life.

Justice will be served in the showers

Posted by: ksjafwejf; ()
Date: September 26, 2015 06:15PM

Posted by: Gardners poop shoot ()
Date: September 26, 2015 09:37PM

What gets pumped harder than $1.97 gasoline? Mike Gardner's colon.

Posted by: Anal cream pie ()
Date: September 26, 2015 09:55PM

Survey:

A) Does Mike understand and come to grip with his fate and pick the biggest guy in the clink to service on day one only to later be sold and traded to everyone?

Or

B) Mike tries to save his bung by paying someone off only to have the guy turn him out and sell him to everyone?

I guess it doesn't matter, either way Mike will be getting poked like a Capri Sun pouch.

Posted by: Richard Nixon ()
Date: September 27, 2015 08:56AM

I'll bet he is dead within five years, either natural causes or ass rape.

Posted by: Ben Dover ()
Date: September 27, 2015 11:39PM

While I agree with most sentiments, they are exactly that. All this is small ball and post mortem to boot. The best way now to minimize the threat to our community is to hold accountable those that betrayed all of our trust. If Peggy Fox is the only one willing to seek the truth, so be it. But the truth will come out. The prosecutors( wittman and rueda)by thier own words and statements lay out a long series of lies and manipulation in effort to cover their own ass and further their careers. All of which left themselves and their families AND their neighbors well protected while not even bothering to notify the actual people in jeopardy. This is and was an apauling act and should in every right be answered for by both of these "ladies" of the court.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:31AM

https://www.gofundme.com/WeSUPPORTtheGIRLS
file.php?2,file=213275,filename=wesuppor

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 12:17AM by WingNut.

Date: September 28, 2015 10:33AM

That is only one piece to this travesty puzzle. Both prosecutors independently waived the states right to his FULL alocution which was yet another slap in the face to all these victims. To willfully deny these girls that closer is absolutely reprehensible! All of this with giving his bitch wife full and complete immunity is totally baffling to when when her illegal acts are so clear. The only way any of this makes sense(still bullshit though), is to frame it in what's best for the prosecutors careers. Shame on them!!!!! They have no honor and hopefully, God is watching.

Date: September 28, 2015 10:36AM

Wingnut, FYI you have many fans here in the community. Keep it up

Date: September 28, 2015 11:11AM

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: September 28, 2015 11:52AM

Unlike you,I suppose, I will not be served a shit sandwich, forced to eat it, then smile and say tank you. That will never happen, you might as well kill me! Nor will I bury my head in the sand and go quietly into the night. If I go down, I'm going down swinging. I do not seek approval nor tacid authority from anyone.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:54AM

Godspeed.

Posted by: The Nut that rocks the cradle ()
Date: September 28, 2015 03:31PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Godspeed.

Obsessed with some dude who has been convicted and serving the time. Why?
Something in your past?

Date: September 28, 2015 08:10PM

He who casts the first stone...sounds like your the one who wants to take a pounding! Lmfao!! That can always be arranged if you are able to find those little peas you so generously call balls. Anytime you fucking pussy!!! If your not interested then simply don't read along. No one is twisting your arm,,,yet.

Posted by: L Ron Hubbub ()
Date: September 28, 2015 08:19PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> He who casts the first stone...sounds like your
> the one who wants to take a pounding! Lmfao!! That
> can always be arranged if you are able to find
> those little peas you so generously call balls.
> Anytime you fucking pussy!!! If your not
> interested then simply don't read along. No one is
> twisting your arm,,,yet.

Oh no, an internet vigilante! Strangely fascinated with male genitalia..

"No one is twisting your arm...yet."

Not sure what that means...

Posted by: Skool Daze ()
Date: September 28, 2015 08:20PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> He who casts the first stone...sounds like your
> the one who wants to take a pounding! Lmfao!! That
> can always be arranged if you are able to find
> those little peas you so generously call balls.
> Anytime you fucking pussy!!! If your not
> interested then simply don't read along. No one is
> twisting your arm,,,yet.

Finished your homework?

Date: September 28, 2015 09:12PM

Aaawwww poor baby! Was someone mean to you? Should we kiss your boo boo n make it all better? God, I hate fucking cowards! Your a great example of what this country was NOT built on. Crawl back into whatever hole you climbed out of.

Posted by: Dazed onlooker ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:27PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> Aaawwww poor baby! Was someone mean to you? Should
> we kiss your boo boo n make it all better? God, I
> hate fucking cowards! Your a great example of what
> this country was NOT built on. Crawl back into
> whatever hole you climbed out of.

It might help if you made it clear who you were addressing. I assume it was your partner, Wingnut. Did you two have a fight?

And please get that pesky your/you're thing sorted out...

Date: September 28, 2015 09:55PM

I can only guess that English is your second language and if you have a problem with autocorrect, get in line and take it up with Apple you idiot. Sweeping my floor is more interesting than dealing with you. Btw, if you didn't get the memo, it's no longer PC/acceptable to bash homosexuals. Even though I'm no where close. It must be comforting to attack someone(while in vain), on a personal level when you have nothing of value to add to this conversation or this planet for that matter. Why do you hate gay people. I'm guessing you had a voluntary encounter you're embarrassed to admit to. One question, did you swallow???? I bet you did

Date: September 28, 2015 10:04PM

Come on, just admitt it. It's the first step to recovery. You remind me of that vile cult that goes around screaming at the very people that fight and die to provide you the "right" to spew that shit. You're the reason for birth control!

Posted by: Falls Church Resident ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:06PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> Come on, just admitt it. It's the first step to
> recovery. You remind me of that vile cult that
> goes around screaming at the very people that
> fight and die to provide you the "right" to spew
> that shit. You're the reason for birth control!

Somebody is getting very angry. Speaking of a screaming "vile cult," you must belong to the cult that approaches a keyboard after having too many wine coolers...

Posted by: Gorgon Blvd ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:14PM

"it's no longer PC/acceptable to bash homosexuals. Even though I'm no where close."

Hmm, with your chosen pseudonym, "ben dover," I'd say you were pretty damn close...

LOLZ

Date: September 28, 2015 11:58PM

Congratulations, you turned enough tricks to buy a thesaurus! I'm guessing they want their money back. Nothing to due with anger, what exactly, is the reason your here? This has nothing to do with topic at hand. Go back to craigslist you loser.

Posted by: Derailed ()
Date: September 29, 2015 12:03AM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> Unlike you,I suppose, I will not be served a shit
> sandwich, forced to eat it, then smile and say
> tank you. That will never happen, you might as
> well kill me! Nor will I bury my head in the sand
> and go quietly into the night. If I go down, I'm
> going down swinging. I do not seek approval nor
> tacid authority from anyone.

LOL WHUT?

"tacid"?

"flacid"?

Tank you very much!

Date: September 29, 2015 12:12AM

YOUR welcome hahahahahahaha

Date: September 29, 2015 12:19AM

WingNut wrote

> I would like to see victims or family write a
> counter letter to the FCNP,, no to ALL LOCAL MEDIA
> to explain away any misconception that Michael
> Gardner is not a child molester.

My guess is that these people want to put the ordeal behind them. It is the Gardner faction that doesn't want to let it go. Benton actually should reach out to them to see if they want to respond. If they do that would offset the sister's letter. If they don't, then Benton should not run the letter in the print edition on Thursday.

Date: September 29, 2015 12:38AM

It's quite the opposite. Just wait.

Posted by: BLACK LABS MATTER ()
Date: September 29, 2015 07:03AM

The Old Man in FC Wrote:
> then Benton
> should not run the letter in the print edition on
> Thursday.

Benton shouldn't have run that POS letter regardless. It was a twisted and sad smear the victims. Not news.

Date: September 29, 2015 08:30AM

Date: September 29, 2015 08:47AM

Date: September 29, 2015 08:51AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 12:18AM by WingNut.

Posted by: Moving on ()
Date: September 29, 2015 08:56AM

Yawn......justice done...move on.....

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Date: September 29, 2015 09:02AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 09:25PM by WingNut.

Date: September 29, 2015 10:05AM

They obviously meant to type moveon.org. If you buy his line of shit, then yes, move on. The only way to prevent someone else's kids from suffering this kind of ordeal is to flatly remove the prosecutors from what's supposed to be their job.

Posted by: Skittles Esq ()
Date: September 29, 2015 10:50AM

I'm not part of the "pedofag" cult of Falls Church, but I find it interesting how Wangnut and his disciples go on at great...very great...length at the sexual torture Gardner will experience in prison.

And Mr. Ben Dover expounds on his sexual proclivities..." That can always be arranged if you are able to find those little peas you so generously call balls. Anytime you fucking pussy!!!"

Not "interesting," but actually troubling...perhaps a few more people should be safely behind bars, where they can live out their fantasies...

Date: September 29, 2015 11:44AM

I will not bury my head in the sand and go quiety into the night. Pedofags like you should have your nuts if you can find them cut off and boiled in oil.

Date: September 29, 2015 11:48AM

I did not write that. Pretty sad you have to use someone else's handle!

Date: September 29, 2015 12:01PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> I did not write that. Pretty sad you have to use
> someone else's handle!

You could register your name like most responsible trolls.
Do you Ben Dover? Sounds kinda gay, huh?

Date: September 29, 2015 12:18PM

Likewise asshole. I'm not the coward using someone else's username. You have a serious issue with gay people! I would ask what they ever did to you, but I already have a good idea.

Posted by: Falls Church is OK! ()
Date: September 29, 2015 12:41PM

Gosh Ben Dover I, or whoever you are, you call yourself, you seem to be the one who keeps bringing up gays...as far as we know, Gardner is a heterosexual pederast...how did gays enter into this? Someone could say hello to you on the street and you'd point out how you were NOT gay!

Repressed much?

And now you're sending messages to yourself?

Date: September 29, 2015 02:05PM

Your attack is as misguided as it is irrelevant. An idiot hijacked my username for whatever pathetic reason. Again, what does this have to do with the issue at hand. Just stay hidden behind your keyboard in your mothers basement because the real world would eat you alive.

Posted by: Adult Content ()
Date: September 29, 2015 02:42PM

Um, the issue at hand is the sexual molestation of several young girls, a heinous crime.

You've turned this into a sideshow all about you. How long did it take you to come up with that stupid name, "Ben Dover"?

Leave this conversation to the adults, OK?

Loser

Date: September 29, 2015 02:46PM

Fuck each and every one of you.

Posted by: Catharsis ()
Date: October 01, 2015 08:22AM

Thanks to all of the participants on this forum for their lively (and sometimes profane) discussions since the initial case began in June, 2011. It's obviously an emotionally-charged situation, which the discussion reflects. For those of us directly involved in these cases, but not allowed to speak openly during the prosecution phase(s), it was of some comfort that we could live vicariously through the words and sentiments of others. The way that these cases have divided Falls Church residents is unfortunate, but rather than bickering amongst ourselves, I would hope that we can focus on the way that the community can be more supportive of the victims, especially keeping in mind that there are likely more of them out there than the charges reflect.

It's been one week since the prosecution offered the sweetheart deal and Mr. Gardner accepted. Legally, it's over. But some of us will always be troubled by the terms and the prosecution's performance surrounding the plea. Not requiring a clear statement of guilt and some admission of his crimes in court allowed Mr. Gardner and his supporters to perpetuate his claims of innocence and further smear the victims. Offering him less jail time, despite an additional victim and stronger scientific evidence, does not make sense. Voluntarily offering immunity to him for the murder-for-hire situation and for his wife's perjury against her own blood niece is just wrong. Any objections by the victims and their families were politely heard and disregarded. Maybe the Commonwealth was battle weary and just wanted to move on, under the guise of doing what was best for the girls. But steamrolling victims and their families was not a just end, particularly when the prosecutors promised to fight the good fight.

The statements in support of Mr. Gardner and his wife by their many loyal family and friendly supporters are beyond offensive and simply ignore the facts for a more palatable reality -- for them. However, continuing to call these girls liars despite the overwhelming testimony, physical and scientific evidence will not help anyone. The decent thing for his lying wife to do would be to move out of Falls Church. But she has shown time and time again that she is not decent. And she should never be placed in a position of respect and authority over young lives ever again. I wish the best for her children, but not for her or her husband. Many of us have been forever altered by BOTH of their actions, and I can only hope that a day will come when we never have to think of either of them again. Until then, keep your kids close, listen when they talk to you, and keep them away from Ellison Street.

Date: October 01, 2015 08:43AM

Posted by: Bell End ()
Date: October 01, 2015 08:55AM

Can we put Ben Dover in the same cell as Gardner? Both of them belong off the streets

Date: October 01, 2015 11:31AM

With all due respect, there appears to be more than one Ben Dover posting to this site. Harsh words related to an unjust situation involving a pedophile are not even remotely similar to what Gardner is serving his 13+ years for. Let's give folks a break.

And for the record, the parent who provided the quote to the News Press for today's article was not a spokesman for the families of the victims. Those comments are disputed by at least one victim and one parent.

Posted by: COL Mustard ()
Date: October 01, 2015 12:30PM

Just remember. This . Is your asshole before prison. This O is your asshole after prison.

Date: October 01, 2015 12:32PM

Thank you, Catharsis. Very moving testimony.

The Gardners are driven, aggressive personalities, accustomed to winning and getting their way, like so many people in Falls Church City. In defeat they remain defiant, secure in their anger and resentment.

Gardner's sister Maya blames the legal system for her brother's fate. Actually, the system may have failed the victims far more than it ever failed Michael Gardner.

A weakness of our adversarial judicial process is that a successful prosecution sometimes fails to reveal the entire truth. An inquisitorial system likely never would have allowed a plea bargain, especially one that provided his wife with immunity.

What will Robin do now? Although she left the city council in July 2012, she did not shrink away:

http://fcnp.com/2014/01/15/former-f-c-mayor-voted-onto-vestry/

That probably was the only time in its history that the FCNP ran a story about a church election. While much of the article gave Nick Benton another chance to bash the FC Anglicans, the headline and the lead delivered a different message - namely that Robin was still an active presence in the community and enjoyed the support of her church.

When her husband's conviction was still under appeal, most people were willing to support her (if not him) or at least give her the benefit of the doubt. More recent events have cast her in a very different light.

Her vestry term runs through next year:

http://www.thefallschurch.org/#!vestry/c1kl7

Under the circumstances she should resign, but that wouldn't seem in character. If she does not withdraw, will the church remove her or will they allow her to stay? In most places the answer would be clear, but not in FCC.

Date: October 01, 2015 09:25PM

@ Catharsis:

Some questions, if you choose to answer them.....

Now that the criminal case is resolved, do you plan to go after the Gardners in civil court, or do you just want to put this all behind you?

If you do go to civil court, would you expect to collect on any damages?

If you collected, would you want the money, knowing where it came from?

I hope you and your family can come to a resolution in this, wherever it may lead.

Posted by: sendhimdownstate ()
Date: October 20, 2015 03:59PM

This Thursday will be four weeks since he entered his guilty plea and was sentenced. Why is he still at the Arlington Hilton, I mean Detention Center? He has already been through the processing stage of incarceration at the state level not that long ago. He should be at another facility by now. Is it because they will have a hard time placing him at his old facility given his troubled relationships with some of his former fellow inmates?

Date: October 20, 2015 05:28PM

I don't know anything about prisoner assignment policies so I don't know if four weeks is out of the ordinary. The one convict I have known served out his Virginia time entirely at Club Fairfax and never made it into the system. Of course his sentence was nowhere near as long as Gardner's.

I believe Gardner was in the Augusta CC (near Staunton) most of the time, though I think initally he was sent to Dillwyn. His suite surely was assigned to another guest when he was released in 2014. I suspect Gardner will be sent to a different facility, given his alleged activities while at Augusta. I assume they want to give him a fresh start, which would include a new home.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Gardner no longer appears in the Virginia sex offender registry. Maybe he was removed from the registry when his initial conviction was overturned and they just haven't gotten around to reposting his record. I can't think of any other explanation for the omission.

Posted by: not voting 4 Gardner supporters ()
Date: October 20, 2015 05:30PM

Excerpts from the letters of support for Michael Gardner......

Former Mayor Brian O’Connor

“…there is good reason to temper sentencing with compassion mindful that lengthy incarceration of Michael Gardner will serve little purpose.”

City Council Member Phil Duncan

“In this case, I hope the sentence imposed will reflect what I see as Mike’s ability, and willingness, to move beyond this dark chapter in his life… .”

Debra Roth

“I believe in Mike and want him back home and in our community… .”

Ellen Gilmore

“I will be a support for Mike… . I will also support him as a friend… .”

Former Vice Mayor Hal Lippman

Page of letter transmitted by the Court was missing.

James Allen

“I am honored to be … a friend of his.”

Kathy Allen

“In closing, I still believe Michael is a person of good character.”

Kim Maller

“I believe Mike Gardner is a good person and has been a great asset to the Falls Church Community.”

Former Vice Mayor Lindy Hockenberry

“Last and most important is his friendship that I so greatly value. … I remain their (Robin) loyal friend today.”

Falls Church News Press Publisher Nick Benton

“He represented himself as the epitome of an upright, conscientious citizen and father, and knowing him personally, I was confident that such was the case.”

Commissioner of the Revenue Tom Clinton

“It’s easy to see first hand the many good deeds done by residents and business owners (as was Gardner) … and that’s true whether they are dedicated elected officials, or just humble civic activist like the Gardner’s have been.”

Robert McCan

“To me, our church, community, and indeed, our nation have been deprived of the services of a very significant person. I ask, sir, for you to consider leniency within your discretion.”

Developer Robert Young

“My hope is that Mike will receive a sentence that is as short as possible so that he has a opportunity to return to his community … .”

Date: October 20, 2015 11:57PM

Here is a link to the story, which includes a link to all of the letters. I never dreamed they would be published:

http://www.thefallschurchpost.com/2015/10/20/letters-in-behalf-of-gardner-after-first-trial-from-residents-current-and-former-city-officials-released/

If you haven't already guessed this has to do with local politics. There is a council and school board election next month. One of the letter writers is currently on the council and is running again.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 21, 2015 12:30AM

Those assholes in Falls Church that support that evil fucker are pieces of shit.

Date: October 21, 2015 09:14AM

Last night I had no opportunity to read the letters written in Gardner's behalf, only the accompanying story. Now I have begun to read some of them.

All I can say is that the letters are appalling. But don't take my word for it. Read them and draw your own conclusions.

Posted by: observer observer ()
Date: October 21, 2015 09:30AM

Old Man in FC - your comments are trenchant and worth reading.

Upon observation of Gardner's supporters, I just wonder how strong the herd mentality is among and between them. I suspect the herd mentality infects both the left and the right, but political solidarity often appears to be a paramount virtue among those on the left. They appear to be so imbued with the moral superiority of their cause that matters of basic character are subrogated to political loyalty.

Witness the case of Neil Erickson, a former Michigan teachers union official (i.e., essentially a leader in the Democratic Party in Michigan), who was convicted of a 15-30 year sentence for having a sexual relationship with a 13 year old boy:

http://eagnews.org/jaw-dropper-teacher-claims-young-student-wasnt-damaged-when-her-husband-sexually-assaulted-him/

He had several supporters (who wrote the judge) who evinced no sympathy for the victim (indeed the victim's family was subject to harassment and vandalism) and thought Erickson's transgression was a mere forgivable "mistake".

The similarities between the Erickson case and Gardner's case are striking, especially in the lack of acceptance of accountability, both as to the convicted and certain elements of the community which support the convicted.

Date: October 21, 2015 04:15PM

Posted by: Oakwood Voter ()
Date: October 21, 2015 04:25PM

I think Phil Duncan has effectively disqualified himself from public office. If he wins, it will because of the support of the local Democrats.

Date: October 21, 2015 09:55PM

Is there anything in Falls Church but Democrats???

Posted by: Prison Guard ()
Date: October 21, 2015 10:53PM

Where is he serving his sentence so I can turn my back?

Date: October 21, 2015 11:12PM

Heeelllloooo, I told you so a long time ago! Many of of these problems/issues lie at the prosecutors feet. I would like to know what these "people" running for office have said regarding their stance on this case since its conclusion.

Date: October 21, 2015 11:13PM

The letters really say more about the people who wrote them than they do about Michael Gardner. They are very representative of the mindset of the clique that has run the city for decades. The authors include a former mayor, two former council members, the revenue commissioner, an incumbent councilman (whose mother-in-law is a former mayor), and the city's media mogul, Nick Benton. All truly among the elite of Falls Church.

Make no mistake, the letters were published for political reasons. The faction running against the clique's candidates appears to be desperate. However, their publication also has released some pent up fury, which includes some interesting revelations, apparently made by the victims' parents.

Here are some of the comments at the FC Post, followed by my observations:

"And then of course there was the whole three week delay on the original search warrant, with Gardner the tax attorney mysteriously unable to produce his computers or phone the result."

This is not actually a revelation, though it's pretty much been forgotten. There never has been an adequate explanation for the delay in executing the warrant. The theory is that during the interval the Gardners likely destroyed incriminating evidence.

"And then there is Theo Stamos. Who hugged Robin in open court at the first proceeding in the Arlington Courthouse, never once offering support or reaching out to the victims,"

Stamos, a friend of the Gardners, had to recuse herself and allow prosecutors from Loudon to try the case. If she actually did what's described above it constitutes an extraordinary breach of professional ethics.

"Don’t forget how Theo Stamos sat in the front row on Gardner’s side during the plea hearing."

If true this is inexcusable.

See especially the lengthy post by "Aggrieved Parent."

http://www.thefallschurchpost.com/2015/10/20/letters-in-behalf-of-gardner-after-first-trial-from-residents-current-and-former-city-officials-released/#comments

Date: October 21, 2015 11:23PM

COL Mustard Wrote:
> Is there anything in Falls Church but Democrats???

Yes, two of the most prominent are Dave Snyder and John Lawrence, but both of them are Obama Republicans and loud and proud of it. It takes a great deal of nerve to "come out" in Falls Church. Most people prefer to stay in the closet where it's warm, than endure the cold shoulder.

Date: October 21, 2015 11:28PM

"Theory".... Seriously? Is that what your really going with? If you doubt that she was there, reach out to the source and see if she denies it. It IS true! In truth, it's so much worse than you can even know unless you were there to witness it.

Posted by: Hilldog ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:31PM

I think there is a great left wing conspiracy going on here. "What does it even matter" that he assaulted these children and who knows how many others?!?

Posted by: Slick willy ()
Date: October 21, 2015 11:37PM

I, did not have sex with those, children..... WTFE!!! Like our ideology, it's all a big fucking lie!

Date: October 22, 2015 12:49AM

WingNut Wrote:

> nowhere in ANY of these letters is a
> recommendation or hope that Michael Gardner will
> receive treatment or get some type of help. I
> think I counted one letter that even seemed to
> recognize the legitimacy of the verdict.

Good points. I hadn't thought about it until now, but perhaps what's more revealing isn't what the letters said about Gardner but what they didn't say.

If you believe he's innocent, why recommend any treatment? If you think the verdict incorrect, best not to say so.

These are two sides of the same coin - a plug nickel with Gardner's face on the obverse and the words "Innocent in Our Minds" on the reverse.

Posted by: puffy white dog ()
Date: October 22, 2015 03:23PM

The Old Man in FC Wrote:
> COL Mustard Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there anything in Falls Church but
> Democrats???
>
> Yes, two of the most prominent are Dave Snyder and
> John Lawrence, but both of them are Obama
> Republicans and loud and proud of it. It takes a
> great deal of nerve to "come out" in Falls Church.
> Most people prefer to stay in the closet where
> it's warm, than endure the cold shoulder.

John Lawrence is an opportunist and guilty of his own dirty political tricks.

Date: October 22, 2015 04:59PM

Posted by: Eleven Pages? ()
Date: October 22, 2015 05:49PM

Pathetic. This fuck up was found guilty and yet some are obsessed. Nothing going on in your own lives?

Date: October 22, 2015 06:28PM

Eleven Pages? Wrote:
> Pathetic. This fuck up was found guilty and yet
> some are obsessed. Nothing going on in your own
> lives?

file.php?2,file=203436,filename=michael_

How many convicts will it take to throw Pedofaggot Michael Gardner down the stairs???

None! He must have slipped!

wG2n1vgUQ4GbcBIBVOGi_Inmates%20laughing%

Posted by: GFY ()
Date: October 22, 2015 07:35PM

11 pages... I hear he's looking to pick up some babysitting work, you should hire him! While I hope( but don't believe ) any harm will come to your children, I hope more your gene pool dies with you. Thanks for sharing, asshole.

Posted by: America #101 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 07:42PM

GFY Wrote:
> 11 pages... I hear he's looking to pick up some
> babysitting work, you should hire him! While I
> hope( but don't believe ) any harm will come to
> your children, I hope more your gene pool dies
> with you. Thanks for sharing, asshole.

Very mature retort. Hoping children are harmed is a profound statement from a fine outstanding citizen.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:15PM

They said the exact opposite of that. Talk about pathetic, making a comment like that on a site you CHOSE to be at, read, then take the time to make a worthless comment about something you know nothing about. Too funny!!

Posted by: Sandy ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:20PM

I agree! If it's no big deal, then let him have a go at your kids. This is our COMMUNITY! If there is a clear threat posing a danger to us or our children, like a weed, we should remove it.

Posted by: Fran ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:22PM

How can you defend these "people"??? Your as sick as he is.

Posted by: Gma ()
Date: October 22, 2015 09:27PM

We just had our very first grandchild, it scares me to think there are people out there willing to condone this kind of thing. Shame on you!

Date: October 23, 2015 11:53AM

Strange as it may seem, the same thing happened in Falls Church City a decade ago. A group of citizens, led by a councilman, rallied a round the pedophile and urged the court to reduce the man's sentence:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1263188/posts

Posted by: Squeaky Wheel Syndrome ()
Date: October 23, 2015 04:07PM

I'm WingNut and I approve this message. It takes the heat off of my indiscretions.

Posted by: Wusa 9 ()
Date: October 24, 2015 07:50AM

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/falls-church/2015/10/23/letters-support-convicted-va-child-molester-draw-outrage/74501330/

FALLS CHURCH, Va. (WUSA9) -- Falls Church residents are angry at several city leaders who wrote letters in support of a convicted child molester after his first conviction.

The leaders who wrote the letters now say they no longer support Michael Gardner after he pleaded guilty last month.

One of the people who wrote those letters is a city council member up for re-election and parents of the victims want anyone who supported Gardner out of office.

"It was scary, it was discouraging, it was painful," Kris Rice, whose daughter was one of the four girls molested by Gardner, said.

Commissioner of Revenue Thomas Clinton was one of the people who wrote letters. He said he no longer supports Gardner and would not resign.

READ THE LETTERS: Letters supporting Va. child molester spark outrage

"It really hurt out trust and confidence in city leaders," Rice said.

Phil Duncan hasn't apologized for his letter. He's a city council member and up for reelection November 3rd.

Duncan said his letter was about the question of whether Gardner could be reintroduced into society. At the time, he thought so, but he said he no longer believes that.

After Gardner's first conviction was tossed out, his niece came forward with similar allegations and during last month's trial, Gardner suddenly pleaded guilty to all charges.

His plea came right before the prosecution was about to play a secretly recorded phone call between Gardner's wife Robin Gardner, the former mayor of Falls Church, and her brother. In it, she acknowledges the abuse of her niece.

Like this story? Like WUSA9 on Facebook.

Date: October 24, 2015 10:15AM

Posted by: pathetic ()
Date: October 24, 2015 10:20AM

it's a travesty of justice that robin gardner can't be brought up on charges now. she is just as guilty as he is and now gets off scot-free. what a disgusting human being.

Date: October 24, 2015 12:55PM

We have the prosecutors to thank for that decision.

Posted by: Unacceptable ()
Date: October 24, 2015 05:15PM

Date: October 24, 2015 10:24PM

The defense didn't request,require or even ask for amunity for his bitch wife, prosecutors made the offer without telling anyone. Just as they declined his admission of guilt! "Mrs." Rueada is a total self serving CUNT!!!

Date: October 24, 2015 11:01PM

Ben Dover Wrote:
> The defense didn't request,require or even ask for
> amunity for his bitch wife, prosecutors made the
> offer without telling anyone. Just as they
> declined his admission of guilt! "Mrs." Rueada is
> a total self serving CUNT!!!

I'm an little asswipe bitch. Sorry I posted this bullshit.

Posted by: Real Ben Dover ()
Date: October 25, 2015 02:09AM

Imitation is the highest form of complement, so thank you. On the other hand, I encourage you to move to California so as I may get in the long line to assist you in your own suicide. Ill buy your ticket!!

Posted by: Please stand up Please stand up ()
Date: October 25, 2015 02:40AM

Real Ben Dover Wrote:
> Imitation is the highest form of complement, so
> thank you. On the other hand, I encourage you to
> move to California so as I may get in the long
> line to assist you in your own suicide. Ill buy
> your ticket!!

It's obvious you're the real ben dover since you write like a retard.

Posted by: Slim shady ()
Date: October 25, 2015 03:13AM

Aawwww, looks like somebody choked on too much cock tonight. If need be, this can be settled.

Posted by: Sarah jo ()
Date: October 25, 2015 03:42AM

Hahahahaha! That's hilarious.

Posted by: bpEpm ()
Date: October 25, 2015 06:06AM

Compare this to the whole PSU scandal. A lot of people in Falls Church who had knowledge and did nothing are getting away scot-free.

Posted by: Mila terry ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:14AM

Yea thanks to ms.rueda and ms.wittman! They should not be afforded the oppertunity to resign, immediate termination. They violated the trust of the victims, their families, and our community. Fire thier asses!

Posted by: Seymour Butz ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:20AM

Ironic that this prick bitterly complained about these women for years through his recorded prison sessions/calls, when they turned out to be his best friend in the end!! Unforgivable.

Posted by: Caesar ()
Date: October 25, 2015 09:16PM

FYI,,, these little girls have an gofundu account I encourage all those who are able to contribute to, do so. Thank you for your support.

Posted by: Sally Mae ()
Date: October 25, 2015 09:22PM

Has anyone read the leaked letters? They're awful. I understand many more are comming. I hope and prey no one votes for these terrible people that now want to run our community. Can't you people see through the BS???

Posted by: Inside Information ()
Date: October 25, 2015 11:03PM

I know someone who is around Gardner. I hate to say that Gardner has yet to be turned out but the contact says he does cry. He says that 2-3 nights ago he caught him crying aloud. I have no clue how MG is protecting his corn hole but the source says he has been able to up to this point.

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 13

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.