HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Springfield County Club
Posted by: golfer ()
Date: June 22, 2011 10:06PM

Does anyone know anything about Springfield CC. I like to golf and would love to find a place to play more but don't know anything about it. Is it expensive? Is it a bunch of old people? Is it fun? etc

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springfield County Club
Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: June 22, 2011 10:14PM

Posted by: richie ()
Date: June 23, 2011 12:32AM

Join Chantilly Country Club in Centreville. It's cheap (by country club standards) and a great club.

http://www.cngcc.org/

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: June 24, 2011 09:54AM

The course is short, easy and boring. Cost per round out total rip off . Social climate bunch of wana be's. Pool and Tennis is nice.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:23PM

golfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know anything about Springfield CC. I
> like to golf and would love to find a place to
> play more but don't know anything about it. Is it
> expensive? Is it a bunch of old people? Is it
> fun? etc

Go to Laurel Hill, no country club amenities but a great golf course. Annual membership for unlimited golf is in the $4,200 range which includes unlimited use of the practice facilites and advanced tee time priviledges.

Posted by: golfer1 ()
Date: June 28, 2011 09:52AM

Def Laurel Hill great golf club, friendly staff, and fantastic course.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: June 29, 2011 01:31PM

Springfield is definitely a short course but in my experience, I've played it well over 20 times, it is well maintained. The initiation fee's used to be high but they brought those down a couple years back when no one was joining. They may also do a separate golf membership where you only get access to the course and the clubhouse, no pool or tennis, but I'm not sure.

I would say $4200 is a much better deal at Laurel Hill. The course distance is more in line with a normal 18 hole course and their practice facility is one of the best around. If money is not a concern I would take a look at Westfields, the course was designed by Fred Couples and it is always in immaculate condition and provides a challenge. You can play it for $70 and get lunch at the Burke Glory Day's afterwards if you sing up for one of their monthly outings, sign up sheets are sitting out on the bar in Glory Day's.

Posted by: Rachel Mayer ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:51PM

Dear "golfer"

I am the membership director here at Springfield Golf and Country Club and I would like to invite you to tour the Club any time! We have just opened a brand new tennis/fitness center as well as a beautiful new pool complex. All this, combined with our championship golf course, makes SGCC a wonderful club for golf and so much more. Please email or call me at the Club with any questions and/or to arrange a tour.

Rachel

Posted by: I would pass ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:46PM

I would say the same as others, pass on Springfield Golf & Country Club. I had my wedding their and the place was nice, but when we looked at the membership package they gave to us to check out I knew that wouldn't happen. Can't remember the buy-in amount, but iirc it was more than 50K. Then yearly dues plus food, beverage, and parties were out of control.

Much better choices available if you are just looking to golf and don't need all the Country Club perks.

Posted by: Dave C. ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:38PM

Lot's of bad information in the previous quotes. I am a member who joined in 1997 while still on active duty in the military. I did so because i wanted my family to have the golf, tennis and swimming the club offered. Yes, maybe expensive (medium priced car) but well worth it because we had great times and made friends for life. My son and daughter both played golf there and on the Lee High School golf team. I PCS'd and then when I retired I came back. The club house, tennis facility, gym and the golf course have all been rebuilt or upgraded. The staff knows my family and make us feel welcome every day we are there. I play interclub competitive golf throughout the region and Springfield is at the very top in quality. It's a great, traditional course you can walk. Sometimes I go to the course in the evening after work and play two or three holes. All this is secondary to the membership that comes from every walk of life. We have fun competitively while supporting each other at work, play and during lifes many challenges. Dave C.

Posted by: Uh Oh... ()
Date: April 16, 2014 09:24PM

"the membership that comes from every walk of life."
Well, thanks for the tip to look elsewhere....

Posted by: 4jL67 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 11:42PM

country club....... Springfield

lmao

Posted by: Judge.Smails ()
Date: April 17, 2014 08:27AM

Ah yes...Springfield Country Club...that's where has-been's, never-waser's and never-will-be's sulk and cry about never being invited to join Burning Tree Club.

Posted by: HappyD ()
Date: April 17, 2014 10:05AM

I am a member at SGCC as well. They have great facilities and a really nice staff. The tennis and work out facilities are new and state of the art. The entire course was just reseeded so it's really nice.

I'd say it's more family friendly than FFX CC and it's a bit more relaxed. Still nice but not stuffy.

I too like Laurel Hill's course but there really is no comparison between joining muni course and a full service country club.

Posted by: come and look ()
Date: April 17, 2014 11:03AM

"country club....... Springfield

lmao"

You obviously don't know that area. "Springfield" encompasses a vast area---and people use that area word to describe all of it. This is really in West Springfield (right near the Whole Foods, Austin Grill, a great Thai place, Panera, Starbucks, etc.). The homes around the CC are not cheap and many of those residents are lawyers, military officers, PhDs, etc.). West Springfield Elementary constantly earns awards and is a top elementary school. I've lived here 15 years (25 in the area). I don't think you'd be laughing if you knew this area. Two houses are for sale right now (one at 675K and the other at 640K--and they will probably get it). Is that cheap?

Posted by: Hahahahahaha ()
Date: April 17, 2014 11:26AM

I fucked so many bitches on that course at night back in the 80's. Hell yeah! SGCC BABY!

Posted by: tysons enginequeer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 11:29AM

My 3br luxury condo in Tysons goes for 650k.

So yes, for a SFH that is cheap.

Posted by: Hahahahahaha ()
Date: April 17, 2014 02:16PM

come and look Wrote:
> "country club....... Springfield
>
> lmao"
>
>
> You obviously don't know that area. "Springfield"
> encompasses a vast area---and people use that area
> word to describe all of it. This is really in
> West Springfield (right near the Whole Foods,
> Austin Grill, a great Thai place, Panera,
> Starbucks, etc.). The homes around the CC are not
> cheap and many of those residents are lawyers,
> military officers, PhDs, etc.). West Springfield
> Elementary constantly earns awards and is a top
> elementary school. I've lived here 15 years (25
> in the area). I don't think you'd be laughing if
> you knew this area. Two houses are for sale right
> now (one at 675K and the other at 640K--and they
> will probably get it). Is that cheap?

Houses around the CC are dumps. Springfield is a shithole.

Posted by: Mick ()
Date: April 17, 2014 03:14PM

tysons enginequeer Wrote:
> My 3br luxury condo in Tysons goes for 650k.
>
> So yes, for a SFH that is cheap.

There is luxury, and then there is LUXURY. For only 650K, there are no caps.

Posted by: NO THANKS! ()
Date: April 17, 2014 03:28PM

come and look Wrote:
> "country club....... Springfield
>
> lmao"
>
>
> You obviously don't know that area. "Springfield"
> encompasses a vast area---and people use that area
> word to describe all of it. This is really in
> West Springfield (right near the Whole Foods,
> Austin Grill, a great Thai place, Panera,
> Starbucks, etc.). The homes around the CC are not
> cheap and many of those residents are lawyers,
> military officers, PhDs, etc.). West Springfield
> Elementary constantly earns awards and is a top
> elementary school. I've lived here 15 years (25
> in the area). I don't think you'd be laughing if

640? 675? By Northern Virginia standards...that is the price of a modest home now. Look...up until 1993, Springfield was a really, really nice place to live. I grew up there from 1974 until 1990 when I left for school. I still visit my folks several times a year but it's shocking how that place has started to circle the drain. I enjoy celebrating diversity as much as the next guy okay? But when celebrating diversity means the neighborhood starts looking like shit because there's 12 cars parked in front of a single-family-home...and there's an influx of renters who don't cut the lawn but the facts are there's just too many brown, savage, illegal mud-people living here now who simply don't want to adjust themselves to American culture as they would expect us to adjust to their culture if we relocated to their homelands. Assuming he could afford to do so, the white man doesn't want to live near that and doesn't want to raise his family near that. Why else do you think people are taking their money, doubling or tripling their commutes and moving out to Loudon County? You can get a nice piece of land where even if undesirables move in, you never see them because the houses are much further apart.

Posted by: Petey Greene ()
Date: April 17, 2014 03:31PM

I have fond memories of Springfield Country Club. I used to caddie there back in the 60's. If I recall, I'd get 4 dollars a bag for carrying some old duffers bag for 18 holes, and sometimes I got lucky and I would get treated to a hot dog and a coke at the turn into the back 9. A good day for me was working two rounds -- 8 bucks and two hotdogs/cokes. I don't recall there even being a club house then. Just a trailer and an area for us caddies to hang out. Golf carts were not used at that time. Back then, there was nothing at that location other than the course and a 7-11. Rolling Road was a single lane once it crossed the intersection. There was no light there. Just a stop sign.

Posted by: Class E. Golfer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 08:28PM

Petey Greene Wrote:
...and sometimes I got lucky and I would get treated to a hot dog and a coke at the turn into the back 9.

Any mope brave enough to tote my fucking bag of worthless equipment for 4 hours and watch me play "whack-fuck" gets WHATEVER he/she wants on the turn. Yeah, sometimes they go a bit much...I think the biggest tab I ever covered for my bag man before teeing off at #10 was $75. Apparently, that's what happens when you forget to tell him/her, "Please...no boxes of Pro-V1's for yourself, ok?"

Oh...and while I'm thinking of it...

If you are playing with a caddy...make sure you have your gratuity (IN CASH) before teeing off at #1. That way, as soon as you hole out on #18 and the bag is back in the stand near the valet parking area you can tip the caddy immediately. Immediately, ok? None of this..."Oh shit...lemme' go hit the ATM..." bullshit.

Posted by: look elsewhere ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:05AM

come and look Wrote:
> I don't think you'd be laughing if

Umm, yeah, that is cheap.

Posted by: Racist Ray ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:12AM

Can you say Springfield and Country Club in the same sentence?

Posted by: too funny ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:53AM

Racist Ray Wrote:
> Can you say Springfield and Country Club in the
> same sentence?

Not without snickering.

Posted by: JonhyBoi ()
Date: February 02, 2019 12:00PM

I have been a member at Springfield for @ 9 years and it has been a great experience. I am a decent golfer and relatively long. Usually play around 35-45 times/year, but have never gotten tired of the course. It is a little short for some of the biggest hitters (@ 6,300 yards), but relatively tight and the greens are slick, with a lot of subtle breaks. In summary, I usually score better at longer courses that are more open.

It is a little expensive rounds/year, but my family uses the gym a lot and we enjoy the great service at the bar/restaurant. Moreover, I have made many friends and there are lots of fun, competitive groups to jump in with if you like to play for a couple bucks.

To the douche from Tyson's bragging about his condo and the other haters putting down Springfield, I would note that there are lots of people there that could buy everyone on this site x10, but you wouldn't know it because they are not snobbish assholes that have to show every penny...like you!

Posted by: I am not amused ()
Date: February 02, 2019 12:22PM

JonhyBoi Wrote:
> I have been a member at Springfield for @ 9 years
> and it has been a great experience. I am a decent
> golfer and relatively long. Usually play around
> 35-45 times/year, but have never gotten tired of
> the course. It is a little short for some of the
> biggest hitters (@ 6,300 yards), but relatively
> tight and the greens are slick, with a lot of
> subtle breaks. In summary, I usually score better
> at longer courses that are more open.
>
> It is a little expensive rounds/year, but my
> family uses the gym a lot and we enjoy the great
> service at the bar/restaurant. Moreover, I have
> made many friends and there are lots of fun,
> competitive groups to jump in with if you like to
> play for a couple bucks.
>
> To the douche from Tyson's bragging about his
> condo and the other haters putting down
> Springfield, I would note that there are lots of
> people there that could buy everyone on this site
> x10, but you wouldn't know it because they are not
> snobbish assholes that have to show every
> penny...like you!

I guess they snicker at the mention of Augusta because it's in Georgia.

Posted by: right... ()
Date: February 02, 2019 02:16PM

JonhyBoi Wrote:

> To the douche from Tyson's bragging about his
> condo and the other haters putting down
> Springfield, I would note that there are lots of
> people there that could buy everyone on this site
> x10, but you wouldn't know it because they are not
> snobbish assholes that have to show every
> penny...like you!

Nigga please. SGCC hasn't been a real club in many years. The ghetto moved in around you and you never realized you got too old and irrelevant.

Posted by: JonhyBoi ()
Date: February 02, 2019 02:59PM

It's true - Springfield is nicer than Augusta Georgia, especially the area around Augusta National. However, I will concede that Augusta National is a more challenging golf course.

Now get off this moronic web site and find something constructive to do!

Posted by: Rory ()
Date: February 03, 2019 12:01PM

SGCC is a really nice course. Top notch condition with fast greens and very nice fairways - most of which are new within the past few years. It really is no comparison to a muni course. Plus it has nice amenities, a nice practice area for putting and chipping and a small driving range.

The workout facilities are first rate as are the indoor and outdoor tennis courts. Never very crowded. Nice facilities ad amenities.

The club housing including the restaurant and bar are currently being completely renovated. Should be done in time for Spring.

The only notable downside is the food. It mediocre. It great for lunch or 19th hole snack but for a nice meal with your wife, it comes up short. I think they have a banquet chef running the kitchen so everything tastes like it was cooked an hour ago and was sitting under a warmer. Entrees are never ever really hot or particularly flavorful. The food is decent but not great. Go to Mike's or even Austin Grille any Thursday through Saturday had you're sure to see at least three or four couples who are members of SGCC eating dinner before going to the club for drinks.

I understand the new GM is trying to address the food so I'll stay for one more year. I have high hopes. I hope they get a chef in there with a restaurant background rather than a banquet chef.

Forgot to mention, the staff is exceptional. From the GM, to the pro and his assistants, to the servers and bartenders and landscape guys. All excellent and service oriented,

Posted by: MarcusAurelius ()
Date: December 04, 2019 09:03AM

I don't have any idea. When we go golfing, my friends are the ones that are responsible for all the organizational matters. I just sit my ass in their car and play golf once we're there. I'm the kind of person which gets really frustrated when something goes wrong or doesn't go as I want to. That's why they are the responsible ones. Because of that, I also use a lot of golf accessories while playing. I want every shot to be perfect, and my overall game also. When I'm on the golf course, I'm like a surgeon - with tons of instruments in my golf bag.
If someone's into golf gadgets also, on https://golfclubguru.net/the-best-golf-gadgets-for-the-money/, you can find what I call "the essential golf gadgets".

Posted by: Springfield CC SUX ()
Date: December 05, 2019 07:08AM

Springfield sucked when I played 2weeks ago.
Management of grounds keeping is sub par.
Worse than most county run courses.
Laurel Hill very nice nearby.

Posted by: Jeorge H Waters ()
Date: December 13, 2019 03:38AM

Hello guys. Golf is a pretty strange discipline and many people don't even know where to start. And there are really few sources which give information about it. Personally, I have known this information from this article and I read it literally 5 days ago. Before it, I didn't have an idea what to do

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: December 13, 2019 06:55AM

Springfield CC SUX Wrote:
> Springfield sucked when I played 2weeks ago.
> Management of grounds keeping is sub par.
> Worse than most county run courses.
> Laurel Hill very nice nearby.

So, you're basing your opinion of a golf course that you played in late November?

I'm not saying SCC is Augusta but, in season is a better time to evaluate it...

Posted by: Rachel the cocksucking Mem. Dir. ()
Date: December 13, 2019 12:02PM

Dear "golfer"

I am the membership director here at Springfield Golf and Country Club and I would like to invite you to tour the Club any time! We have just opened a brand new tennis/fitness center as well as a beautiful new pool complex. All this, combined with our championship golf course, makes SGCC a wonderful club for golf and so much more. I will personally suck your cock and carry your clubs for you. After you're 1st round, I will allow you to bone me in the ass along with the rest of you're 4some.Please email or call me at the Club with any questions and/or to arrange a tour.

Rachel

Posted by: Mark Donovsn ()
Date: February 04, 2020 08:51PM

David is right. I coached his daughter. Best to all members.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.