HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Street Spam
Posted by: wagnerism ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:09PM

I'm glad to find a local forum. I hope to find a few like-minded people that might know what to do here.

I hate street spam! The "we'll haul anything" signs seem to be the worst. They often put the high up on poles because people are (rightfully) pulling them down.

I'm not talking about a garage sale sign that is up for a few days. I'm sick of the plastic signs on wire stuck into the medians.

This is all on public property. It is definitely an eyesore. I take them down when I see that they're very dense in my neighborhood. I have seen some that are cut down to a single strip on the pole so that the next poster will know better... rather than think they've found a virgin pole (no jokes plsKthx).

Is there any law? Littering? Vandalism? If I catch someone placing the signs, can I get their license plate number and report it as littering?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Street Spam
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:19PM

Off topic.

Date: December 09, 2007 06:55PM

Please show me where the topic is for this forum... or which forum this topic would apply.

"Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting." is all I see, so hopefully the requirement isn't only that it has to be interesting to you.

Posted by: native ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:55PM

how about finding a hobby and something better to do with your life??? Let me guesss you are a stay at home wife, maybe divorced , maybe you are just old and cant find a job??? Dont mean to sound like a jerk but there are far more worse things then chasing sighns, after all it's just people trying to make a living. Someone who posts those and hauls your crap for next to nothing probably not making a lot of money and doesnt have internet or cash to post in the newspaper. Bottom line, leave it alone, if it was that big of a deal the county would do something.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:56PM

I saw a sign the other day advertising...guess what...SIGNS! LOL

"50 signs for $159"

Posted by: lol ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:59PM

HAHA, I hope one of those people turn around and kick your sorry ass. I second on you doing something better with your life. Join the peacecorps, volunteer, join the military. I believe the Air Force has an MOS for sign remover so you should fit right it. get a life

Posted by: Carlos the illegal ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:00PM

Hey man, don't take down my sign.

Posted by: gabydamage ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:35PM

wagnerism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please show me where the topic is for this
> forum... or which forum this topic would apply.
>
> "Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia
> residents would find interesting." is all I see,
> so hopefully the requirement isn't only that it
> has to be interesting to you.

Go to "Forum List", and you will see the "Off-topic" forum. And don't be put-off by the wacked responses you got....they do that to all the newbies (i got the same response when I posted for the first time).

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:38PM

> I hate street spam!

Years ago I used to see signs plastered all around Reston for "Two Guys and a Truck, Fifty Bucks", or something like that. It's pretty tacky, but the practice doesn't bother me (as long as it's not in my neighborhood). I'm sure it's probably against some sort of ordinance, but I've never heard of it being enforced.

> I'm glad to find a local forum.

You'll actually regret it after a few days.

LOL.

Date: December 09, 2007 07:40PM

stay at home wife? no.
divorced? no.
old? no.
unemployed? never.
leave it alone? sorry, no.
loser that needs a hobby? YES!

I wouldn't be bent about it if there were only a few here or there. Every intersection has several signs. Everyone has a right to make a living, but not at others' expense. Maybe they're rejects that can't get real jobs and they're stuck advertising their shit jobs with their eyesore signs everywhere.

I'm not at all convinced that they're poor dolts without options either... the signs have 800-numbers and web site addresses. So much for being poor and without resources.

Yes, the county should do something. Good idea.

I can also call them from payphones to set up an appointment to nonexistent addresses. After a while, I'll call them back and bitch at them for missing the appointment. Then I'll tell them its all a joke because they plastered my neighborhood with 60 fucking signs yesterday.

Date: December 09, 2007 07:47PM

Found a link... it is illegal. http://www.cleanfairfaxcouncil.org/signs.htm

So now it is just a matter of lax enforcement.

For those that don't bother to RTFA:

"Note: off-site signs advertising a private business, service, or other concern are not permitted. These include but are not limited to signs advertising painting, gutter cleaning, house cleaning, etc."

Hey man, quit putting up illegal signs.

Date: December 09, 2007 08:45PM

so you said that it's ok for people to make living except at others expense, hm interesting though. So what kind of expense do these signs bring upon you. Oh what an eyesore, my day is ruined....boo fucking hoo. Every business makes living at other peoples expense. For example my insurance agent from USAA just told me to go *uck myself and that they will not cover my rental damage due to some jerkoff hitting my car and leaving the scene of an accident. Likely someone got his tag number and its all taken care of but thats another story. Point is everyone makes a living off each other when it comes down to it. Who cares that some illegal put those up and trying make a living. We will also have cheap labor, we will always have illegals and there is always someone willing to do your job for less therefore crap like this exists and you know what thank god we have those people. Quit bitching!!!

Date: December 09, 2007 08:52PM

Hm I think if the military allowed illegals to join and one of the "benefits" was to become a citizen, Army's problem of finding bullet mattresses would be solved. Just a thought

Date: December 09, 2007 09:01PM

Since you bring up the existence of illegal aliens...

I don't care who's putting up those signs. The signs are illegal and I could care less whether the POS putting up the sign is authorized to work in the U.S..

So making a living off each other is all right? The ends justify the means?

How about not breaking the law? If the law is unfair, repeal it.

I work all day, turning the crank until the peanut comes out the chute... like many other good little drones. At the end of the day, I didn't break any laws or burden anybody on my way to get my peanut.

I'm sorry to hear about your insurance problems. Those fuckers aren't in the business of paying claims and they're only your friend when it comes time to pay your premiums.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 09, 2007 10:55PM

Attachments:
wah.jpg

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: December 10, 2007 10:03AM

native Wrote:
> so you said that it's ok for people to make living
> except at others expense, hm interesting though.
> So what kind of expense do these signs bring upon
> you.
>

The expense is paid in your taxes. The state and county do take down the signs, I've seen VDOT guys ripping them off of poles. That takes time, plus the expense of disposing of the signs. Remember, these people buy hundreds of signs and plaster them around the area. It may only look like twenty, it's more like 100. Then there are the signs that end up on the ground, mowers run over them and break blades or other parts. Then someone has to pick up all the little pieces the mower chopped up. It's one of those hidden expenses. So, it is at the taxpayers expense.

If you see someone posting them, call the non-emergency police line, you're witnessing vandalism. Of course, you may have to follow the vandals until the cops show up, but hey, if it really bothers you...

Posted by: john.galt ()
Date: December 10, 2007 04:24PM

I'll catch you someday stealing my junk signs, bitch. Everyone gets chased. If you're taking the signs, that's a crime, skippy. Grand larceny.

I see people taking my signs down from time to time. What's funny is how righteous they all think they are, yet they all run from me like scared little girls. If you're so righteous, don't run. I drive a white pickup, pussy.

Just don't run away like the gingerbread-man. We can debate the legalities of "street spam" like gentlemen. And if you're the little girl with the red dodge, license number RDDHOT, I'll see you again someday. Fairfax is big, but it ain't that big.

It's funny to watch someone risk there lives on a Sunday to run across the Parkway at Popes Head to pull down ONLY my signs (cost 1.20 ordered online)....then drive away scared when they watch me U-turn. I got you on the camera phone, though. God bless technology.

Oh, and I have THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of signs in storage. So keep your weekends free. And PLEASE follow me. I chased a guy into the Herndon PD, and I got to get all his personal info, now he has many bad days where shit just happens to him inexplicably. And no cuffs for me. Go figure.

Keep thinking you ain't breaking the law and I am. And then run like a little bitch when you see 7,000 pounds of American-made turbo diesel power screaming after your bitch-ass.

Fag.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 10, 2007 04:33PM

I like the goofy ones you see around D.C. that say "We'll Pay You $100 For Your Unwanted Car." Sometimes it's not even $100...like $50 or $75.

Date: December 10, 2007 05:55PM

Lastly, I'll be the last guy to stop putting up signs, not the first. Just about every ordinance regarding "street spam" would fail a constitutional test, either under the god almighty First Amendment, or Due Process (14th, 15th, something like that). If you think the county can randomly select companies to target for putting up signs, you're a retard.

So pile up that free-time, wagnerism, because thanks to your whining, I'll be out each night this week putting up signs. Let me know where you're neighborhood is and I'll be sure to put some extras there.

I'll be in my pick-up with a mini-sledge in my hand to hammer those signs into your nightmares. AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. And then I'll be going to the bank to deposit all the $$$ I get from them. And then buying more signs. And then putting them up. Then going to the bank. Then buying more signs. Repeat.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 10, 2007 07:38PM

im going out tonight with a home made flame thrower and burn me some signs. And if anyone comes after me in a white pickup truck i will just feel free to burn all the signs inside his truck as well.

Posted by: HaulJunk.com ()
Date: December 11, 2007 09:40AM

Funny thing is... if they don't have the resources to enforce the laws prohibiting those putting up the signs, what makes you think they have time to enforce "grand larceny" on a $1.20 sign?

If they cite someone for "grand larceny" for the signs, they have to find the victim of this crime. If the victim comes forward, they can then be cited for violating the law that applies to the sign itself.

john.galt is a troll like any other. He's an asshole for putting up illegal signs and he knows it. They'll never arrest anyone for this, so I'm not impressed that nobody has cuffed him yet. I ripped the tags off of my mattress and I still walk the streets a free man!!!11!!1!! LOLZ.

If the assholes putting up signs are as punchy as john, I figure its a good idea to call them to set up services to fake addresses and waste their time.

Date: December 11, 2007 09:51AM

The link is old, but real, lamer. I pay fines to PWC for putting up the signs. I'll pay fines all day for civil violations. Steal the signs, and it a criminal offense. You're right, prosecution is a long process, but it happens. You want to risk a crimnal record for a $1.20 sign, and an ass-kicking, go right ahead. I feed my family with that money, so if you want to step in front of that train, hey, it's a free country.

Be sure to schedule a fake appointment from a known number so I can find your address, name, etc. And just FYI, we call cx's ahead of time so if you don't answer, we don't show up.

http://www.causs.org/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=55&topic_id=13&mesg_id=13&page=

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: December 11, 2007 10:20AM

and what happens if he takes them and returns them to you? is that stealing?

Posted by: John Galt ()
Date: December 11, 2007 11:03AM

Heres what my signs say:

NEED HEAD??
CALL JOHN GALT
1-800-SUK-COCK

Date: December 11, 2007 12:16PM

John Galt Wrote:
> Heres what my signs say:
>
> NEED HEAD??
> CALL JOHN GALT
> 1-800-SUK-COCK

uh ok is that if you need help with cock sucking or you need your cock sucked? cuz john, YOu are the white man most in need of a blow job in history.

Date: December 11, 2007 12:22PM

ferfux Wrote:
> uh ok is that if you need help with cock sucking
> or you need your cock sucked? cuz john, YOu are
> the white man most in need of a blow job in
> history.

customers first...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 12:22PM by bdimag.

Date: December 11, 2007 01:56PM

ferfux, so you're offering? that's sweet but I'll wait for the original poster to offer his services.

and bdi, 2 edits on a two word post? your smrt.

Date: December 11, 2007 03:01PM

john.galt Wrote:
> The link is old, but real, lamer. I pay fines to
> PWC for putting up the signs. I'll pay fines all
> day for civil violations. Steal the signs, and it
> a criminal offense. You're right, prosecution is a
> long process, but it happens. You want to risk a
> crimnal record for a $1.20 sign, and an
> ass-kicking, go right ahead. I feed my family with
> that money, so if you want to step in front of
> that train, hey, it's a free country.

I'll steal your crappy signs all day long. Then I'll gather them all up and take them to the proper authority so they can levy the fines as appropriate.

Date: December 11, 2007 03:10PM

john.galt Wrote:
> ferfux, so you're offering? that's sweet but I'll
> wait for the original poster to offer his
> services.
>
> and bdi, 2 edits on a two word post? your smrt.

you'd have to have a dick in the first place. As for your signs, im gathering road signs tonight and will be staking them all over your front lawn, backyard, Car, cat, dog whatever else property you might have while you are out polluting the highways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 03:11PM by ferfux.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 11, 2007 03:18PM

There doesnt have to be a victim for a crime. The prosecutor (victim) is the state and the defendent is the criminal

Date: December 11, 2007 03:46PM

I love making people pull my signs. You HAVE to pull them down. It's great. You're like my little puppet. Now get out there and pull them down! Do it. Get out there. I put a bunch up last night, so fill your tank full of expensive gas and get out there.

I love it. The more you pull, the more I put up, the more money I make.

And really, save the tough talk, girly. Any time you want to meet, schedule an appointment. And use a real address if you're that tough, then when I get there, run your mouth. We'll see how badass you are.

Date: December 11, 2007 03:55PM

john.galt Wrote:

> And really, save the tough talk, girly. Any time
> you want to meet, schedule an appointment. And use
> a real address if you're that tough, then when I
> get there, run your mouth. We'll see how badass
> you are.

Ok PUSSY! my Name is MEADE and I will GLADLY meet your Dumb ass! Come to 1925 Grove Avenue, Richmond Va at 4pm on Dec 16th!!!!
im gonna LOVE taking you aprt Girly man!

Date: December 11, 2007 04:29PM

I'm in fairfax bitch. Let me know when you're done with finals and back in NOVA, little kid. Assuming you can pull yourself away from wow for 2 seconds. I thought you were a man. I didn't realize you were some dumb kid. I guess all the crying should have given it away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 04:31PM by john.galt.

Date: December 11, 2007 04:46PM

you mean smart?

Date: December 11, 2007 04:57PM

oh yeah, just thinking about it makes me rock hard...if you're lucky i might spit on my cock for you. me thinks you might like the burn though.

Date: December 11, 2007 05:03PM

john.galt Wrote:
> I love making people pull my signs. You HAVE to
> pull them down. It's great. You're like my little
> puppet. Now get out there and pull them down! Do
> it. Get out there. I put a bunch up last night, so
> fill your tank full of expensive gas and get out
> there.

Which ones are yours? I don't want to pull down anyone else's except for yours.

Date: December 11, 2007 05:28PM

they are all mine. so git out there. go on now! git!

Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: December 11, 2007 10:22PM

It's not theft if you just pull them down and toss them on the street.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 12, 2007 01:22AM

HaulJunk.com Wrote:
> I ripped the tags off of my mattress and I still
> walk the streets a free man!!!11!!1!! LOLZ.

you can rip the tags off the mattress. the people who cannot remove the tags are the people who sell the mattress.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: John Dolt ()
Date: December 12, 2007 09:01AM

"Which ones are yours? I don't want to pull down anyone else's except for yours."

For those that missed it last time. My signs say:

I SUCK COCK
CALL JOHN GALT
1-800-SUK-COCK

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.