HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Suspended Forever
Posted by: native ()
Date: December 09, 2007 02:57PM

I was just wondering at what point or how many points do you have to have to have your license taken away FOREVER? and if you do is it possible to get it in another state? A buddy of mine used to work fort NAPA and he basically got a lot of points on his license while driving the truck and now I think he has 10 something points

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suspended Forever
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:03PM

native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just wondering at what point or how many
> points do you have to have to have your license
> taken away FOREVER? and if you do is it possible
> to get it in another state?

When you go to another state to get a drivers license, the first or second question on the application is "has your driving privileges be suspended or revoked in any other state or the District of Columbia?"

Lying on that form would be a serious no-no, if caught.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2007 04:53PM by Radiophile.

Date: December 09, 2007 04:24PM

Ok, so if you have a valid Virginia license and try to get a license in a different state your point dont transfer???

Posted by: gonzo ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:40PM

Habitual offender status is 10 years. I "BELIEVE" one can then re-apply for a new license, but it "MAY" have to be approved by a Judge.

Posted by: gonzo ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:43PM

And what kind of dumbass that drives for a living gets pulled over?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:19PM

native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just wondering at what point or how many
> points do you have to have to have your license
> taken away FOREVER?

taking away someone's driving license should only be done to _adults_ who have committed serious offenses that really do put people's lives in jeopardy. some judges get off by taking licenses away from kids that are caught doing stupid things like street racing. if you are under 21, you should be able to get your license back when you turn 21 or in 4 years, whichever is longer.

the people who should have their licenses taken away are those who cause a few of accidents where the other person is seriously hurt. however, something like plowing into a crowd of people should mean your license is just gone. if you are directly responsible with a obvious disregard for people's safety for killing or paralyzing someone in a car accident you clearly caused, then i would also take away your license. by directly responsible, i mean you hit them and there is no doubt at all that it was 100% preventable and the guilt is clearly on your shoulders. if someone is ejected from their car because they werent wearing a seatbelt, fuck them, it's extremely likely they could have avoided serious injury by wearing their seatbelt. also the other car's safety specs should be taken into account, so if it's notorious for people getting badly injured in, that is taken into serious consideration.

overall, it should be judged using all the available information about the accident as well as plausible misinformation. heh... but since when has a judge known jack shit about anything.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 09, 2007 06:49PM

Oh well I didnt mean serious offenses like that , I was just wondering about accumulating point over speeding or passing a stop sign, stuff like that and getting your license taken away forever.
I remember my step father telling me about when he was in high school , a couple of his friends went staright into a metal highway divider going 120mph+ not only did it split the car in half but the guard rail dragged 2 of the passenger throguh the car and out, turning them into nothing but cut up bones and meat. Very bad accident and the ironic thing is that the driver ended up alive and 2 of his friends obviously dead. When he went in front of the judge, the judge said that knowing that he killed two of his friends is punishment enough and dint do anything to the kid but laws and judges changed.... and something like that happening in FFX county I am sure will wind up in jail possibly for life

Posted by: john.galt ()
Date: December 10, 2007 05:13PM

I went to "driving school" once for being a "rapid point accumulator". People there had 30+ points and still had their licenses.

Most of the laws where no one gets hurt are to generate revenue. And you have to pay for the class, which gets you 5 good points back. So speed away.

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: December 10, 2007 09:20PM

LOL I GOTS 46 POINTS N I"M LEVEL 3 DWARF
BEAT THAT NAGGERS

Posted by: manti ()
Date: December 15, 2007 08:27AM

I knew someone who was about to lose their license in VA so they went to Oklahoma to get thier license and tags. Apparantly they didnt have reciprocity with other states at the time (this was about a decade ago). I don't know if that's still the case, but if you can manage to find a state that doesnt have reciprocity with VA then you may be in luck.

Otherwise I'd have to agree that you'd have to do something pretty effed up to lose your license for life around here

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.