HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
WORST APARTMENT COMPLEXES IN FAIRFAX?
Posted by: Curious ()
Date: December 07, 2007 06:39PM

Post them up!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WORST APARTMENT COMPLEXES IN FAIRFAX?
Posted by: native ()
Date: December 07, 2007 09:46PM

Orleans Village on little river. Its in Alexandria but still part of Fairfax county. Absolutely the worst. Full of blue collar workers and military people but parking sucks, my car got hit twice with the person leaving the scene and there are always cops here every weekend. It;s cheap and likely I had good neighbores but I wouldnt resighn the lease.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 07, 2007 10:15PM

uh those really crummy ones 10800 block by Paul the VI. Cedar avenue and oak street by WJFK radio station. Good Lord SLUM Alert!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:06AM

The places mentioned so far are POSH compared to the Culmore Apartments!

Posted by: Lord Fairfax ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:50AM

Rose Hill Apts

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 08, 2007 12:14PM

A friend of mine used to live in Idylwood Village Apts., and it was probably the worst place I've seen around the Tysons neighborhood. Great location, but majorly overpriced given the living conditions. I used to feel bad for her because there was a ridiculous ant problem in her unit, the place was very tired and rundown looking, and weird smells would just mysteriously waft into the place from other apartments. It was depressing to visit there, I couldn't imagine shelling out 1100 a month to live in it.

Edit: oh, and one time she came home and there was a squirrel in her apartment, and the mgmt. people wouldnt even help her get it out of her place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 12:17PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: December 08, 2007 12:27PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A friend of mine used to live in Idylwood Village
> Apts., and it was probably the worst place I've
> seen around the Tysons neighborhood. Great
> location, but majorly overpriced given the living
> conditions. I used to feel bad for her because
> there was a ridiculous ant problem in her unit,
> the place was very tired and rundown looking, and
> weird smells would just mysteriously waft into the
> place from other apartments. It was depressing to
> visit there, I couldn't imagine shelling out 1100
> a month to live in it.
>
> Edit: oh, and one time she came home and there was
> a squirrel in her apartment, and the mgmt. people
> wouldnt even help her get it out of her place.

Squirrel problem, No problem.

Squirrel (Gray, Red, and Fox*)

* Fox squirrels open only in the counties west of the Blue Ridge and in the counties of Culpeper, Fauquier, Loudoun, Orange, Madison and Rappahannock during any authorized squirrel season.
Bag Limit:

All squirrels combined - six per day.
Seasons:

* September 1-January 31: statewide
* Spring Season: June 7-21, 2008
o Allowed only on the following Wildlife Management Areas: Amelia, Big Survey, Briery Creek, Chickahominy, Dick Cross, Dismal Swamp, Fairystone (including Fairystone State Park and Philpott Reservoir), Goshen, Havens, Hog Island (Carlisle Tract only), Horsepen, James River, Pettigrew, Phelps, Powhatan, Thompson, Turkeycock Mountain, and White Oak Mountain Wildlife Management Areas.

* Fox squirrels may only be harvested on Big Survey, Goshen, Havens, Phelps and Thompson Wildlife Management Areas.
* Hunting squirrels with dogs is not allowed during the spring season.

And if you are successful, try this website.

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 12:29PM by slimey.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 08, 2007 12:42PM

Squirrel problem, No problem.

LOL, who do you think I hang out with, Annie Oakley??

Posted by: HIGHWAY RESIDENT ()
Date: December 08, 2007 12:48PM

Janna Lee apt. complex on rte 1 is definitely one of the worst in ffx county. losts of drug dealing goes on and ive personally witnessed shootouts when i used to hang out down there.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: December 08, 2007 01:14PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Squirrel problem, No problem.
>
> LOL, who do you think I hang out with, Annie
> Oakley??

It doesnt take an "Annie Oakley" to down a squirrel. Air rifles work fine and
they're very quiet. No silencer needed. Bon Apetite!

Posted by: ViennaParkSucks ()
Date: December 08, 2007 03:41PM

Vienna Park Apartments:

Lax Rental Requirements and Rules Enforcement
Date posted: 9/22/2007
Years at this apartment: 2007 - 2007

Dozens of day laborers live here. They aren't gainfully employed so they don't qualify for a lease. Instead they rent sleeping space from someone who already has a lease. You never know who your neighbors will be from one day to the next, or how many will be living in the apartment next door to you. Management doesn't know either and probably doesn't care as long as the rent is coming in.

Stay away
Date posted: 7/19/2007
Years at this apartment: 2001 - 2006

worst place where you can live,nigtmare,do NOT move there,PLEASE Roach,roach,roach,.....and more illegals !!!!!!!
look at the intersection Park st.and Cedar Lane those gonna be your neighborhood so watch out!!!!!They have a Rent-o-Cop security who all day standing front of the office!(specialy on the weekends).Thursday is the roach killing time full of fan.Watch out for your balcony they steeling your staff.End on the weekends heavy drinking going on look at the dumpsters monday morning corona etc.This is not safe area at all!!!!!The rent-o-cop are there but they Dont care!But if you dont have a parking permit Oooooo they care about that! And if anything will hapend next around here I will write here so just read more often.People throving out beer bottle from the balconies so be careful!!Unsupervised chidren running around with sticks,yelling,screaming,managment unresponsive at all!!Now is april an roaches are everyvhere in kitchen ,bathrom and in your badroom and crowling around you when you sleep.now is july-07,situation is the same roaches everywhere,place is a dump,they like to people move in with all kind of bull... but dont fool your self you can find better place like this,I recomend you to come and look aroun on the weekends drinking is going on ,the security is still dont doing his job(maybe hi is scared ).O I almost forget "cloth care center " where you will clean your stuff is nightmare some resident dont no how to use the machine machine,they put everithin in it!!! and the dryer is mess to.(broke always most of the time).

AND, My Personal Favorite:

If you look in the dictionary for the word "ghetto," Vienna Park Apartments would appear as the definition!
Date posted: 11/1/2005
Years at this apartment: 2004 - 2005

Vienna Park Apartments are the worst place to live in northern Virginia. Although the location is in a nice area of Vienna, close to popular attractions such as Tyson's Corner and right off the beltway and I-66, don't be fooled!

While living their I experienced an infestation of roaches, spiders and illegal immigrants. As a single female, I felt very uncomfortable in this living situation. Not to mention gang signs spray painted in the laundry room. The maintenance services at Vienna Park are a joke. Although there is a 24 hour emergency maintenance line, it takes nearly two hours to get a response. While there I had experienced horrible plumming problems (which I will spare the details of human waste in my bathroom floor).

I could go on forever about the terrible experience I have had in the one year lease at this location. In conclusion, DO NOT put yourself in this situation. The whole property should be demolished!!

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 08, 2007 03:48PM

Wow this thread makes me appreciate my current dwellings.

Posted by: gwat ()
Date: December 08, 2007 06:08PM

If u think the worst apartments in fairfax county are in vienna, u need to get out more .

Posted by: SE ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:12PM

Oakton Park behind Fuddruckers is pretty nasty.

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: December 08, 2007 11:28PM

SE Wrote:
> Oakton Park behind Fuddruckers is pretty nasty.

Yes, Willow Crescent Drive is a slum to be sure.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 10, 2007 05:01AM

winterthur in Reston used to be pretty bad when I lived out in that area, I wonder if it was burned down yet...

Posted by: 7-corners thug ()
Date: December 10, 2007 10:32AM

Yea Culmore is pretty nasty along with the post WWII places off of John Marshall and Peyton Randolph. I think its call Wilston something.

Posted by: sir author conan doyle ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:16PM

ok if those are the worse then is there one apt thats 3/4 nice? that doesnt rip u off in rent, actually fixes things with in a weeks time no shootings? just asking. i got a budy who wants to move there next spring

Posted by: gwat ()
Date: December 10, 2007 02:26PM

u just changed this topic with that dumb ass question, stick to what was asked

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 10, 2007 04:12PM

I can't recall the exact location of this joint, but if I recall correctly it's somewhere near Herndon Golf Course. Every time I drove through it there was either someone getting arrested or doing something that would get them arrested.

Posted by: immigres ()
Date: December 11, 2007 10:20PM

What no Springfield SQuare or Chelsea Sq. Apts. in Springfield? Commerce st? Lee Valley or any Apt. complex on Edsall rd. They all look and smell like Calcutta.

Posted by: saysitall ()
Date: December 18, 2007 07:51AM

Good advertising
Attachments:
vienna_park_slums.jpg

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 18, 2007 10:39AM

Thanks for the .jpg

I've noticed that "Southern Management" operates an entire fleet of slum projects - all over NoVa, P.G., and the District. When I was young, stupid, and renting, we'd always look at the silly Apartment Renters guides. Every time we saw a P.O.S. property that looked more like a correctional facility or a sanitarium rather than a proper apartment complex, guess what, it was a Southern Management property.

What is the deal with them?

Date: December 18, 2007 11:05AM

I love the "spin" by SM on their web page.

"Vienna Park offers one of Northern Virginia's most desirable addresses"

LOL. Of course, what can they say? Our place sucks, has cockroaches, is filthy and may be hazardous to your health.

Oh well.

In general, apartment living sucks. Nobody cares about their units (unless they are uber uber pricey (a la the Lansburgh in D.C.), and the management at every complex turns over faster than a South Lakes cheerleader.

When I first moved to NoVa, we lived in a place called Millbrook which - at the time - was new and was the bomb according to all the neighbors. Fast forward abot 7 years, and when you read a review of the place, you'd swear that you were reading about an apartment complex in southern Beruit.

Posted by: Girion ()
Date: December 18, 2007 01:12PM

Layton Hall Apartments are terrible. definately full of illegals, the people there spread and grow not only roaches but bed bugs too, a third world insect is being reintroduced through this complex. The management is terrible and lies to its tenants. Their mold remediation involves tearing the wall out and putting it right back up. No cleaning, no isolation. People regularly cat call women walking through the complex and I've seen people outside the building smoking weed and then staring you down if you act like you notice them.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 18, 2007 07:44PM

Re: saysitall

Worst photoshop job ever, you can see the color difference in the backround

Posted by: Rod Munch ()
Date: December 19, 2007 11:20AM

Ravensworth Towers are dreadful the whole building is ghetto and the hallways smell like bad indian food and dirty daipers. Someone went off to work the left a pizza in their oven but forgot to take it out of the box. THe building was full of smoke and someone in the building seems to constantly be cooking cabbage and some kind of pork product. All night you hear people running in the halls and noises coming from other units. A few monthes ago someone was filling up their tub to take a bath and fell asleep flooding the two units below before being awakened by rental office and mainetence officials. There used to be a program in which a new tenant received a background check and such, now they rent to anyone including aliens from South and Central America.

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: December 19, 2007 05:18PM

Hagel Circle are really not apartments but small town houses off route 1. That's the worst. It's like a ghetto.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: December 19, 2007 05:21PM

There is a neighborhood off route 1 called Hagel Circle. They are not really apartments but small town houses. It's the worst. Like a ghetto.

Posted by: pissedtenant ()
Date: January 04, 2008 11:23PM

Layton Hall is terrible. I completely agree. We had roaches and just when they started to get better my roommate got bed bugs. Not only that, we had neighbors throwing up on our porch. We constantly have to be sprayed and there are so many regulations that have to be followed just to be sprayed. I could write about this place for pages.

Posted by: Find a place ()
Date: May 07, 2008 05:03PM

Camden at Fairfax Corner and the Reserve at Fairfax Corner got bad reviews on aptratings.com....anyone live there and have a comment?

Posted by: Former Tenant ()
Date: May 07, 2008 06:36PM

Find a place Wrote:
> Camden at Fairfax Corner and the Reserve at
> Fairfax Corner got bad reviews on
> aptratings.com....anyone live there and have a
> comment?

I lived at the Reserve at Fairfax Corner for a little over a year, compared to what I've been reading on this thread, the Reserve is very nice. The amentities are good, especially the pool, and there are generally no "undesirables" living there, mostly just young professionals who mind their own business, I found it to be very quiet even on weekend nights, and had no complaints about noise.

I will agree somewhat with the reviews on that site, the staff at times can be very unhelpful in getting issues resolved. It can be hit or miss depending on who you contact at the office, the one really cool guy I knew there who got shit done left about the same time I vacated.

And yes, the trash seems to back up to the point of a mountain being created outside the compactors, something else which was pretty unsightly but in reality didn't have much of an effect on me personaly.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll gladly answer them. I also know somebody who lived at Camden at Fairfax Corner for a few months, I can speak somewhat to that as well.

Posted by: IsItTrue? ()
Date: May 07, 2008 10:13PM

I heard Vienna Park is remodeling and is really trying to clean up. Anyone know if this is true or not? I'm sorta in the area and would love to see it clean up it's act.

Posted by: Mike00 ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:48AM

Fairmont Gardens and the Parliaments in Annandale come to mind. they're both located off of Little river turnpike near medford dr, next to the big shopping center with the safeway. I've had friends live (briefly) in both complexes, so I've hung out there and been inside the apartments. insect problems, illegals everywhere, gang members hanging around all the time, graffitti, people would offer to sell me weed when I was outside smoking a cigerette. the cops are there constantly, oh yea and all the units smell bad.

Posted by: Find a place ()
Date: May 08, 2008 10:06AM

Former Tenant Wrote:
> Find a place Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Camden at Fairfax Corner and the Reserve at
> > Fairfax Corner got bad reviews on
> > aptratings.com....anyone live there and have a
> > comment?
>
> I lived at the Reserve at Fairfax Corner for a
> little over a year, compared to what I've been
> reading on this thread, the Reserve is very nice.
> The amentities are good, especially the pool, and
> there are generally no "undesirables" living
> there, mostly just young professionals who mind
> their own business, I found it to be very quiet
> even on weekend nights, and had no complaints
> about noise.
>
> I will agree somewhat with the reviews on that
> site, the staff at times can be very unhelpful in
> getting issues resolved. It can be hit or miss
> depending on who you contact at the office, the
> one really cool guy I knew there who got shit done
> left about the same time I vacated.
>
> And yes, the trash seems to back up to the point
> of a mountain being created outside the
> compactors, something else which was pretty
> unsightly but in reality didn't have much of an
> effect on me personaly.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions, I'll gladly
> answer them. I also know somebody who lived at
> Camden at Fairfax Corner for a few months, I can
> speak somewhat to that as well.

Thank you for your response. How would you rate the parking in both places and based on what you and your friend have experienced which one do you think is more worth the $$$? I like the location and the fact there will be other younger people there as well since I'm only 23. Thanks

Posted by: Former Tenant ()
Date: May 08, 2008 10:19AM

Find a place Wrote:

> Thank you for your response. How would you rate
> the parking in both places and based on what you
> and your friend have experienced which one do you
> think is more worth the $$$? I like the location
> and the fact there will be other younger people
> there as well since I'm only 23. Thanks

It depends on which type of unit you rent. The Reserve has units of all sizes with both attached and detached garages, but obviously cost more. If you feel inclined to have a garage like I did, maybe you have tools and want the means to do some maintenance on your car or something, the ones with attached garages also have small driveways that you will split with your neighbor. Even so I was able to park two cars on my side of the driveway if I wanted. If you don't want a garage and just plan on getting a place that employs spots, from what I saw parking was fairly ample. Even when I had to park a car in a public spot, I never had any trouble finding one.

The Camden has a public indoor garage, which is basically connected to the parking lot of the Fairfax Corner center. As for which place is a better value for your money, both are priced around the same, and have mostly the same amentities. If you want to check them out, I suggest taking a look at both since they are literally right next to eachother.

For the sake of going into more detail and not hijacking this thread, I posted a review on aptratings.com.

Posted by: Deezy ()
Date: May 08, 2008 04:45PM

Awesome photoshop! All the letters are almost the same shade!

Posted by: Deezy ()
Date: May 08, 2008 04:47PM

...weeks later. Sorry for the late post. I had to say something though.

Posted by: coompore ()
Date: May 08, 2008 05:41PM

fucking culmore -- how do you say disgusting in spanish

el distgusting

Posted by: Timetomove ()
Date: May 14, 2008 01:12PM

Washington Square on Richmond Highway

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: May 14, 2008 02:24PM

definately not my apartments.

this is what i found in the basement of the building 2 days ago.
Attachments:
0512082215.jpg
0512082215a.jpg

Date: May 14, 2008 03:45PM

Belle Haven Towers on Route 1 might rank up there....

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: May 15, 2008 12:04AM

I don't know if it even has a name, but the apartments at the corner of Rt. 1 and Backlick Rd. near Ft. Belvior are some of the slummiest-looking ones I've seen. There's actually what looks like a barber shop in one of the 1st floor apartments, and some of them the windows are either busted or always open and the filthy shades are flapping in the wind. I bet the roaches are better at paying rent on time than the humans.

Posted by: Tbats ()
Date: June 10, 2008 09:05AM

Worst in the county is definitely Culmore. Illegals galore who who put 8-10 people in a 1 BR. The condition of these post WW2 crapholes are abominable. The windows and fixtures are terribly old. There are probably 100 bicycles chained up outside these apts and 6 or 7 roach coaches...

Close seconds are.....
Wilston Apts,7 Corners-similar problems with over occupied units which leads to zero street parking
Janna Lee, South Alexandria ( where I think crack is indeed still available),
Wadsworth Court,Annandale (illegals, gang graffiti, public urination is as common as getting your daily mail)

Posted by: Bonfire ()
Date: June 10, 2008 09:16AM

LETS NOT FORGET THE FAMOUS CHELSEA SQUARE, BY HECHINGER PLAZA AND BURGER KING. Cockroaches are exceptionally fine, tender, juicy, sleek, and sexy, mmmmmm

Posted by: Hell might be nicer ()
Date: June 10, 2008 09:21AM

IsItTrue? Wrote:
> I heard Vienna Park is remodeling and is really
> trying to clean up. Anyone know if this is true or
> not? I'm sorta in the area and would love to see
> it clean up it's act.

Answer to your question: http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/VA-Vienna-Vienna-Park-Apartments-782687.html

Posted by: Milagros@VP ()
Date: July 21, 2008 08:41PM

take it from someone who has lived here in vienna Park for almost 4 years. and yes it has changed. Off coarse you get what you pay for, but overall its nice, the rental office staff is very nice and helpful. I've lived in other places before, but vienna park has been the only place I can call home. Specially since i've seen change.

I've gone through to neighbors and each time they are better and better people. I use to hate coming home because of my previous neighbors that would blast their music and congegrate in my buildings, they got kicked out! yeah...off coarse you get a bad seed every once in while but everything i've complained has gotten better or resolves!

i love it hear and plan to continue my stay and renew my lease.

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: July 23, 2008 12:54AM

Milagros@VP Wrote:
>off coarse
> you get a bad seed every once in while but
> everything i've complained has gotten better or
> resolves!
>
> i love it hear and plan to continue my stay and
> renew my lease.

So glad to know that "off coarse" you will stay "hear."

Posted by: one of the few or many.... ()
Date: June 03, 2009 05:11PM

Due to budget restrictinos I had to move in to VP, and I must say that i was scared but I needed a place and fast. I did a short term contract in the event that I would not be happy or safe. well its been great! Haven't had any issues at all. maybe I'm just a few of the lucky ones. Yes there are a lot of hispanics and possible illegals, but are they a threat to me? NOPE. I love it here and have signed a 12 mth lease. no roaches as of yet! Staff is very nice and always there to help. oh and the person who asked if they are remodeling, yup they are, although the remodel apt was a little over my prince range.

Thos that arn't happy, sorry to hear that, but it's been great for me :)

Posted by: ZAMORA ()
Date: December 14, 2009 03:09PM

CULMORE IS THE WORST.My sister and i moved 2 years ago from caribbean to attend college.WANDA & MANAGMENT WONT FIX THINGS,ELERICAL SHORTAGES,DIRTY FLOORING.ITS FILTHY.TOO MUCH DRINKING.DIAPERS SMELL.1 MORE YEAR I'M DONE.

Posted by: former res ()
Date: December 14, 2009 04:08PM

SANGER PLACE
Lorton

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: December 14, 2009 05:00PM

immigres Wrote:
> What no Springfield SQuare or Chelsea Sq. Apts. in
> Springfield? Commerce st? Lee Valley or any Apt.
> complex on Edsall rd. They all look and smell
> like Calcutta.

Have to agree with the commerce Springfield apartments being some of the worst around. I know for a fact there have been stabbings and crack busts in this area over the last few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2009 05:00PM by More Complete.

Posted by: Karmadispenser ()
Date: December 14, 2009 07:34PM

In regards to Camden at fairlakes... I am convinced that there is an active campaign to lower their ratings on apartment ratings.com. I also noticed that their ratings were very low. Those ratings almost scared us away from moving in. Just visiting, you notice it is a very classy place. We have lived Here for almost six months now and we love the place. It is so much nicer than all of our friend's place. I posted a positive rating on apartmentratings.com and within a few hours someone had responded as "anonymous" telling me how stupid I was and eplaining that there were rats everywhere. That is not the case. I suspect that a neighboring compex watches these posts and posts negative reviews themselves.

Posted by: samsonite ()
Date: December 15, 2009 04:04AM

how about the stuart woods apartments in herndon? that place sucks because you will get murdered and stuffed into a suitcase there like that poor asian lady the other day. everytime i see a suitcase, i run the other way because i am afraid of who i will find in there.

the dulles glen apts in herndon suck too except for this hot spanish girl that lives there. oh yea, and i would like to fuck the spanish girls that work in the mgmt office as well.

Posted by: jr ()
Date: December 15, 2009 07:54AM

Good new commerce Springfield apartments are going to be torn down soon.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=318436&paper=72&cat=104

Posted by: Salvatrucho Pepe ()
Date: December 15, 2009 08:04AM

Rockville, here we come!

jr Wrote:
> Good new commerce Springfield apartments are going
> to be torn down soon.
>
>
> http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?ar
> ticle=318436&paper=72&cat=104

Posted by: A lil south of ya ()
Date: December 15, 2009 10:37AM

Make this vote three for Layton Hall. Place looks o.k. from the street, but I know a guy who moved in and was immediately found to have bedbugs from the apartment. He is a clean quiet guy, so he was pretty pissed. He promptly moved.

On the upside, police response is fast there due to its close location to regular patrol beats for Ffx City Police. Glad I only went there a couple times and only once inside. I did not sit down.

Posted by: paco ()
Date: December 15, 2009 06:44PM

Fairmont Gardens in Annandale is just a rotten sewer!!! They (rental office) let tenants have live chickens running around in their units. The place is run down with old junk cars in the parking lot and smells like piss and cigarette smoke. There are fires and vandalism all the time the maintenance is a joke. The trash pickup is well awful and they rent to anyone who can sign their name. A roach infested trashy ass Mexican hoe-down is for fucking sure.

Posted by: kevin ()
Date: December 16, 2009 12:36AM

commerce st. apartments and the ones in culmore are the worst.

I live at lee valley apts. in springfield and it ain't that bad. the buildings may be old but it's quiet and peaceful here.

Posted by: hophop ()
Date: December 16, 2009 06:29PM

Pender Brook!! watch out for them spicicans there, they will rape u.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 17, 2009 01:08AM

Stonegate, The Greens, Winterthur, etc., etc.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: doors ()
Date: December 17, 2009 01:20AM

Not sure what the names of them are and ive lived alot of places in this state and other states some of the worst ive seen in NOVA not md or dc are down rt 1 dont remeber the name of them but they are right by a roy rogers or is it a burger king im not sure but they look more like a crappy hotel down near ft belviour.. i was there one time and the doors dont even stay closed and every thing stinks and there area crack heads all over

RE: eesh,lizzie,Mr.Misery and the rest of you
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 17, 2009 07:14AM

RE: eesh,lizzie,Mr.Misery and the rest of you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:42AM by WingNut.

Posted by: John Q. Public ()
Date: February 05, 2012 07:38PM

By far Little Bombay " Dolley Madison" has the worst cockroach infestation.
The place is grundy,crusty old and no matter how many rehabds it smells
like a third world hallway upon entering the buildings.

It is own by a family enterprise, named Ritzenbergs who if googled
are tennis players, that give back to the community via DC poor kids.

The best building is the rental office. Outside of that it smells
has cockroaches, and not worth the money, no matter how close to wherever you
need to be. Parking is also terrible.

Posted by: BrandonG.M.U. ()
Date: February 05, 2012 08:06PM

Fairmont Gardens in Annandale on Little River used to have a police substation inside it. Its also a stone's throw away from a KFC/Taco Bell and tons of illegal day labor standing along the road, so you know its a bad neighborhood.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: February 06, 2012 12:19PM

Surprised no one mentioned Circle Towers. I had no idea of its bad reputation when I moved there.
It's old , but kept up. Everything works. I can't hear through the apartment walls, but I can hear into the hall way.
The place can get dirty, but thats down to thr residents more than anything else. Especially the third world crowd. They throw garbage on the floor, and I have seen roaches in those cases. But keeping my own place decent, I haven't seem one bug.
But the attitude of some of the Paki's and Latino's baffles me. They literally shit where they eat.

Posted by: Johnny Rockets ()
Date: February 06, 2012 12:52PM

Two contenders. Knollwood Apts in Baileys XRoads, near Rt 7/Columbia Pike, and Whatever the one is off of Janna Lee Road (Rt 1). Those are complete shitholes.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 06, 2012 04:42PM

slimey Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Squirrel problem, No problem.
>
> Squirrel (Gray, Red, and Fox*)
>
> * Fox squirrels open only in the counties west of
> the Blue Ridge and in the counties of Culpeper,
> Fauquier, Loudoun, Orange, Madison and
> Rappahannock

It's Madison time!

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

COMPLAINING OF LIVING CONDITIONS...WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING
Posted by: WOE ()
Date: February 06, 2012 08:55PM

Wow!

Very informative posts.

Definately do your homework, research and back-ground checks before signing your leasing papers and making your security deposit payments.

Better Business Bureau is another way to research on APARTMENTS. Just a thought.

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: February 06, 2012 10:22PM

BEH Wrote:
> Surprised no one mentioned Circle Towers. I had no
> idea of its bad reputation when I moved there.
> It's old , but kept up. Everything works. I can't
> hear through the apartment walls, but I can hear
> into the hall way.
> The place can get dirty, but thats down to thr
> residents more than anything else. Especially the
> third world crowd. They throw garbage on the
> floor, and I have seen roaches in those cases. But
> keeping my own place decent, I haven't seem one
> bug.
> But the attitude of some of the Paki's and
> Latino's baffles me. They literally shit where
> they eat.

Even if you keep your place clean, they will still eventually move in.

Date: February 06, 2012 10:24PM

Will be interesting to watch and see if Circle Towers mgmt tries to push the current residents out with MetroWest being built in.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: rtg ()
Date: February 07, 2012 09:00AM

The Merrifield at Dunn Loring (formerly called Merrifield Village)

Posted by: BuckFutterman ()
Date: February 07, 2012 12:23PM

native Wrote:
> Orleans Village on little river. Its in Alexandria
> but still part of Fairfax county. Absolutely the
> worst. Full of blue collar workers and military
> people but parking sucks, my car got hit twice
> with the person leaving the scene and there are
> always cops here every weekend. It;s cheap and
> likely I had good neighbores but I wouldnt resighn
> the lease.

The 1965-vintage Orleans Village apartments has been renamed to Arbor Park of Alexandria and is "currently undergoing an extensive capital improvement project", which is corporate slumlord landlord-speak for "putting lipstick on a pig".

They continue to be owned by Home Properties, which has owned them since 2000.

http://www.homeproperties.com/apartments/VA/Alexandria/Arbor-Park-of-Alexandria/tabid/90/cid/162/maid/80/Default.aspx

Posted by: WORST APARTMENTS EVER ()
Date: August 08, 2012 08:30PM

I had to bump this to nominate CIRCLE TOWERS again....I am dead serious, my friend moved in 2 weeks ago and she ALREADY has BEDBUGS!!!! STAY THE FUCK AWAY!!!!

Not to mention, her neighbor has 8 PEOPLE living in a STUDIO. She happened to walk by when the door was open for a brief moment, and spotted at least 3 cheap kmart special bunkbeds lined on the walls with a cheap old bertha 32" playing some middle-eastern video loudly and the 4 men on the floor had their backs turned to her. There was also a 2-year old running about- although she didn't see any toys for the kid anywhere either.

She stood there in amazement for about 5 seconds taking it all in, went to pull out her cameraphone to take a pic (to show management in case they didnt believe her), and I guess one of the people in there realized the door was open and smiled at at her in a creepy way as he walked toward the door and she quickly ran into her apartment and slammed the door.

NO WONDER it is so shitty- they let ANYONE live there and DON"T CARE about overcrowding as long as the rent gets paid.

Posted by: big dummy ()
Date: August 08, 2012 09:37PM

welcome to the new world of fairfax.

Posted by: H8ter ()
Date: August 09, 2012 11:04AM

Regents Park Apartments at Nutley and 29 suck balls. I hate this fucking place.

Posted by: kardiac ()
Date: August 09, 2012 12:19PM

WORST APARTMENTS EVER Wrote:
> I had to bump this to nominate CIRCLE TOWERS
> again....I am dead serious, my friend moved in 2
> weeks ago and she ALREADY has BEDBUGS!!!! STAY THE
> FUCK AWAY!!!!
>
> Not to mention, her neighbor has 8 PEOPLE living
> in a STUDIO. She happened to walk by when the door
> was open for a brief moment, and spotted at least
> 3 cheap kmart special bunkbeds lined on the walls
> with a cheap old bertha 32" playing some
> middle-eastern video loudly and the 4 men on the
> floor had their backs turned to her. There was
> also a 2-year old running about- although she
> didn't see any toys for the kid anywhere either.
>
> She stood there in amazement for about 5 seconds
> taking it all in, went to pull out her cameraphone
> to take a pic (to show management in case they
> didnt believe her), and I guess one of the people
> in there realized the door was open and smiled at
> at her in a creepy way as he walked toward the
> door and she quickly ran into her apartment and
> slammed the door.
>
> NO WONDER it is so shitty- they let ANYONE live
> there and DON"T CARE about overcrowding as long as
> the rent gets paid.

But if you get rid of these places where's the help gonna live?

Posted by: Guiliana DePandi's Forehead ()
Date: August 09, 2012 12:55PM

Cedar Lane in Vienna is a ghetto. Many/most renters have groups of day laborers (men) all living together or it is several different families all crammed into a two bedroom apartment; we're talking 6 to 8 people in a two bedroom.

The "laborers" all stand around across from 7-11 and gawk at young teen girls walking to Thoreau. The entire strip mall around Cedar Lane is trashy and crime ridden.

Posted by: no ()
Date: August 13, 2012 03:17AM

I'd have to say, The Fields of Herndon right behind the clocktower is absolutely disgusting. Bedbugs and roaches galore, apathetic management, and little shitheads running up and down the halls at all hours of the day.

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: August 14, 2012 01:07PM

Seven Corners apartment complex is dismal in every sense. Shady characters loitering outside, leering at women in passing and cop cars roll through the neighborhood at all hours.

Same can be said of most Falls Church apartments. There's no such thing as a 'deal' in this area, only low-income dumps loaded with unsavory residents. Makes Layton Hell seem idyllic.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 14, 2012 02:50PM

no Wrote:
> I'd have to say, The Fields of Herndon right
> behind the clocktower is absolutely disgusting.
> Bedbugs and roaches galore, apathetic management,
> and little shitheads running up and down the halls
> at all hours of the day.

+1

Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 14, 2012 04:16PM

Wherever the beaners are.

Posted by: Layton Hall ()
Date: August 14, 2012 05:04PM

Lived at Layton Hall in 07-08 I wanna say? TERRIBLE place. The unit they showed us seemed pretty nice and the price was right so we moved in. Within a week we received a notice saying the unit was being sprayed for bedbugs and had been treated for several months prior. We brought this up with management who claimed they had no record of the unit ever being treated for bedbugs, which means they had been destroying or withholding records from us. Didn't take too long after that to get bedbugs, as well as roaches, which we had for the next year. I was also solicited for a ride by some homeless girl, which creeped me the fuck out. No issues whatsoever with the other tenants though. Anyone who thinks hispanic people are bad to have as neighbors has never actually had one or talked to one they had, I had friendlier neighbors here than anywhere I've lived in NoVA and most of them were hispanic.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: August 14, 2012 05:44PM

I nominate the apartments that supply Hunter Woods Center with hood rats.

Posted by: Nancy J. ()
Date: November 05, 2012 04:52PM

Aw, c'mon - that was an extraordinary, sad situation that has little to do with Stuart Woods. The victim was my friend and next-door neighbor, so your description is a bit offensive.

People don't get murdered and stuffed into suitcases there every day. The only thing that Stuart Woods might have done differently was to not to rent to the creepy husband/murderer.

Stuart Woods is OK.

Posted by: VV ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:12PM

I lived in Virginia village off little river and it doesnt get any worse than that. Im glad i left that hell hole.

Posted by: Doc Benway ()
Date: November 25, 2012 10:33PM

the roach motels and trailer parks on rt. 29 between fairfax city and centreville were by far the worst...

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:57PM

If you want to be eaten alive by bedbugs- move to Arrowwood Parc. They are large apartments, but INFESTED with bedbugs and it has been going on since at least '99!!

No wonder they have a 0% on apartment ratings:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/VA-Vienna-Arrowood-Parc-Apartments-formerly-Berkeley-Square.html

Posted by: Sake ()
Date: December 02, 2012 11:59PM

Washingyon square in route 1

Posted by: If no other choice... ()
Date: December 03, 2012 07:15AM

OT but you could try to just get a month to month in one of these in the interim if you work at an agency whose employees PCS frequently. Then get the hell out and get a nice rental from one of them at very good rates. They advertise internally and usually aren't looking to profit. They just want someone trustworthy and low maintenance who will pay on time and take care of their house/condo/townhouse while they are away. It's very hard to find tenants like that on the open market and they are willing to keep the rent low if you can be trusted. Having a clearance helps a lot. You get to live in a decent neighborhood, too. Once you've established a good rep, you'll never have to live in one of those managed shit holes again.

Posted by: route 1? ()
Date: December 03, 2012 08:56AM

Sake Wrote:
> Washingyon square in route 1

is it REALLY that bad? THey are on my short list since I need something within a 20 min. drive of Ft. Belvoir and hopefully <1100 rent for a 1 bedroom. On a government contract now making 37k so its the most i will qualify for, thats why. Car is paid for so I can flex a little on my rent if i need to.

I can deal if its just a few roaches (that is what domyownpestcontrol.com is for, their stuff is expensive but WORKS) or a few "thugs" outside who think they're hard when they don't even have $10 in their pocket nor a job but if its bedbugs, rats, break-ins, and extreme overcrowding, HELL NO.

Any other recommendations?

Posted by: Mo Mo ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:31PM

Layton Hall Apartments. Thefts are to be expected. Bedbugs are to be expected. Roaches are to be expected. Never feeling safe is to be expected.

Posted by: itsobvious ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:16PM

Bent Tree in Centreville, VA.

Posted by: King of Fairfax ()
Date: April 29, 2013 08:54PM

Girion Wrote:
> Layton Hall Apartments are terrible. definately
> full of illegals, the people there spread and grow
> not only roaches but bed bugs too, a third world
> insect is being reintroduced through this complex.
> The management is terrible and lies to its
> tenants. Their mold remediation involves tearing
> the wall out and putting it right back up. No
> cleaning, no isolation. People regularly cat call
> women walking through the complex and I've seen
> people outside the building smoking weed and then
> staring you down if you act like you notice them.

Layton Hall Apartmants are next door the the Fairfax City Police Departmant and right next to the Health Department. LOL!

Posted by: Chanterelle ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:58PM

I can't believe no one has mentioned the "Avant" (formerly Patriot Village) in Annandale. I looked at it once, and lost my 250 deposit to the scummy little Asian creep who could barely speak English. Trying to get a "yes" or "no" answer out of this turd was like pulling teeth. "Do the heating bills get combined in the whole building?" Simple question, right? Read the reviews on Apartment Ratings, and you'll be amazed that the leasing agents are still walking around in one piece.

Posted by: Oakton Park ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:01PM

I lived in Oakton Park for two years. The location and price are good, but the kids constantly screaming outside and the white vans weren't appealing.

Posted by: Bah! ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:13PM

No, Winterthur still exists. It's still a dump and those of us who live nearby wouldn't be sad to see it go.

Posted by: me2 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 05:06PM

Bah! Wrote:
> No, Winterthur still exists. It's still a dump and
> those of us who live nearby wouldn't be sad to see
> it go.

i forget the name, but those places a bit behind/east of Embassy Car Wash. I lived there way back as a student at GMU. i doubt they've improved.

Posted by: b-man ()
Date: April 30, 2013 08:22PM

Layton Hall Wrote:
> Lived at Layton Hall in 07-08 I wanna say?
> TERRIBLE place. The unit they showed us seemed
> pretty nice and the price was right so we moved
> in. Within a week we received a notice saying the
> unit was being sprayed for bedbugs and had been
> treated for several months prior. We brought this
> up with management who claimed they had no record
> of the unit ever being treated for bedbugs, which
> means they had been destroying or withholding
> records from us. Didn't take too long after that
> to get bedbugs, as well as roaches, which we had
> for the next year. I was also solicited for a
> ride by some homeless girl, which creeped me the
> fuck out. No issues whatsoever with the other
> tenants though. Anyone who thinks hispanic people
> are bad to have as neighbors has never actually
> had one or talked to one they had, I had
> friendlier neighbors here than anywhere I've lived
> in NoVA and most of them were hispanic.

Layton Hall is a DUMP. When we moved in (2001ish?), the property manager was flushing roaches after letting us in to our apartment. We had them there the whole time we lived there. We then moved to Circle towers, which was basically falling apart - you had to be careful in the parking garage. That place wasn't horrible, except they tried to rip us off by saying we didn't return our keys - which we did - and trying to keep our deposit when we moved out.

Posted by: WHT+1 ()
Date: May 01, 2013 08:10AM

EDSALL GARDENS

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.