HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: hungry ()
Date: June 10, 2011 07:42PM

they used to have a location in fairfax, but it closed and now there's the one in vienna and i think there's one in arlington. anyone been there? what's the food like, any good?

i've just been scouring around nova for good italian food. most of the stuff is a joke, like lido's pizza.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Pinocchio ()
Date: June 10, 2011 08:00PM

Joes Pizza and Pasta was the bombdiggity back when they had $4.99 all you could eat lunch buffet. How i miss the days of being a growing high school athlete and being able to eat all the tasty greasy food to my hearts delight and not gain an oz. Used to spend one hour eating and two hours on the crapper.

Your best bet for NY Style Italian is Tony's NY Pizza in Fair Lakes. Tony is actually from Italy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Pizzaman ()
Date: June 10, 2011 08:17PM

hungry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they used to have a location in fairfax, but it
> closed and now there's the one in vienna and i
> think there's one in arlington. anyone been there?
> what's the food like, any good?
>
> i've just been scouring around nova for good
> italian food. most of the stuff is a joke, like
> lido's pizza.

There's Jimmy's in Sterling. Its truly awesome!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: DH ()
Date: June 10, 2011 08:23PM

Back in the day, didn't Joe's have these things called hippy rolls? A rolled up thing stuffed with hot sausage and such. I think it was Joe's. They were very good. The lunch buffet was a great deal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Manny Cotti ()
Date: June 10, 2011 08:58PM

Vapiano's isn't bad. The setup is kinda goofy but it works. You stand in line at these cooking stations and when you get there you tell them what you want; type of pasta, sauce, addins etc, and they cook it in front of you. There's one in Ballston but I think Reston has one as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Date: June 10, 2011 10:44PM

Several in DC.

I find the pasta pricing a bit cheeky. $11.00 for pesto or carbonara...

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Rick from Arlington ()
Date: June 11, 2011 07:38AM

I grew up in Arlington and went to Yorktown High School - not far from Joe's in Arlington. I have very fond memories of their dinner buffet. I'm no expert, but I enjoyed the food!

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Cebmeb ()
Date: June 11, 2011 08:17AM

Try Pomodoro's at fair oaks plaza, rt 50 and west ox road. Go in there any Friday or Saturday and hard to find a table -many Italian families eat there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: CMR_53 ()
Date: June 11, 2011 10:37PM

Oh, nostalgia...I used to go to Joe's in Fairfax all the time as a kid/teen. I wish that it was still there, Vienna and Arlington are pretty far. Their pizza is soooo good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: 703-4-Life ()
Date: June 11, 2011 11:16PM

it's AMAZING! Love that place, been going for well over a decade. Rent was too high in Fairfax, they kept raising it and finally Joe's decided to just have the two locations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: June 12, 2011 02:00AM

CMR_53 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, nostalgia...I used to go to Joe's in Fairfax
> all the time as a kid/teen. I wish that it was
> still there, Vienna and Arlington are pretty far.
> Their pizza is soooo good.


I assume you live on the southern side of Fairfax City then, because the one in Vienna is at the corner of 123 and Nutley - not too far from the northern edge of Fairfax City. (though getting through Oakton can sometimes be a pain)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2011 09:51AM

I think there is one in Manassas (Georgetown South) and one in Manassas Park (northern part right off of Rt 28)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Loves Pizza ()
Date: June 12, 2011 06:23PM

No offense not to offend anyone but there are several pizza places named Joe's or tony's

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Farteks ()
Date: June 13, 2011 11:12AM

Pinocchio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joes Pizza and Pasta was the bombdiggity back when
> they had $4.99 all you could eat lunch buffet. How
> i miss the days of being a growing high school
> athlete and being able to eat all the tasty greasy
> food to my hearts delight and not gain an oz. Used
> to spend one hour eating and two hours on the
> crapper.
>
> Your best bet for NY Style Italian is Tony's NY
> Pizza in Fair Lakes. Tony is actually from Italy!



No one that works @ Tony's is actually named "Tony." I've been neighbors and friends of the family since they moved to Centreville, now in FFX.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: June 13, 2011 11:23AM

Farteks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pinocchio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Joes Pizza and Pasta was the bombdiggity back
> when
> > they had $4.99 all you could eat lunch buffet.
> How
> > i miss the days of being a growing high school
> > athlete and being able to eat all the tasty
> greasy
> > food to my hearts delight and not gain an oz.
> Used
> > to spend one hour eating and two hours on the
> > crapper.
> >
> > Your best bet for NY Style Italian is Tony's NY
> > Pizza in Fair Lakes. Tony is actually from
> Italy!
>
>
>
> No one that works @ Tony's is actually named
> "Tony." I've been neighbors and friends of the
> family since they moved to Centreville, now in
> FFX.

Tonys Fair Lakes sets the NOVA standard for NY style 'za!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: KH ()
Date: June 13, 2011 01:24PM

The best place for pizza and pasta is Pomodoro's in the Fairfax Towne Center on West Ox Road. We use to go to Tony's in Fair Lakes until Pomodoro's opened and haven't been back to Tony's since. I believe the new traffic pattern in Fairfax City also affected Joe's Pizza & Pasta - the last time we were there he mentioned that it had pretty much killed his business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: June 13, 2011 03:30PM

Farteks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pinocchio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Joes Pizza and Pasta was the bombdiggity back
> when
> > they had $4.99 all you could eat lunch buffet.
> How
> > i miss the days of being a growing high school
> > athlete and being able to eat all the tasty
> greasy
> > food to my hearts delight and not gain an oz.
> Used
> > to spend one hour eating and two hours on the
> > crapper.
> >
> > Your best bet for NY Style Italian is Tony's NY
> > Pizza in Fair Lakes. Tony is actually from
> Italy!
>
>
>
> No one that works @ Tony's is actually named
> "Tony." I've been neighbors and friends of the
> family since they moved to Centreville, now in
> FFX.

I am well aware of that fact too however being that the OP is not from the area i felt he wouldnt care about the semantics.

Anyways, Although Pomodoro's is good, Tony's is better. They probably have the largest "By the Slice" selection in all of Virginia..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 13, 2011 08:26PM

Tonys is ACES!

Also a nod to Luciano's in Fair Oaks Mall - GREAT NY style slices at both places :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: fat tony ()
Date: June 13, 2011 08:42PM

Someone told me about 25 years ago the Joe's in Woodbridge was owned by the mafia....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: June 14, 2011 09:37AM

Ley us not forget Tonys brothers/cousins/family's place in Centreville Ciros.... Also Delish!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: June 14, 2011 11:10AM

Rumor has it Tony and Ciro used to be partners but got into a huge argument over how much basil to use in the tomato sauce. They haven't spoke a word to eachother since that argument....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: joe's pizza and pasta
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: June 14, 2011 11:29AM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor has it Tony and Ciro used to be partners but
> got into a huge argument over how much basil to
> use in the tomato sauce. They haven't spoke a word
> to eachother since that argument....


I dunno if you are being serious or not... If so, thats friggin hilarious!

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **   *******   **     **  **     **  ********  
  **   **   **     **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
   ** **    **         **     **  **     **  **     ** 
    ***     ********   **     **  **     **  ********  
   ** **    **     **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
  **   **   **     **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **   *******    *******    *******   ********  
This forum powered by Phorum.