HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Thinking about buying a TH in the fairfax circle area.. does anyone know how the area is?
Posted by: Moving in ()
Date: December 05, 2007 05:17PM

Im Planning on buying a Townhome in Fairfax circle area, it is off of Kingbridge dr. does anyone know how that area is? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thinking about buying a TH in the fairfax circle area.. does anyone know how the area is?
Posted by: § ()
Date: December 05, 2007 06:21PM

(1) Check the sex offender registry.

(2) Check the rest of the internet (rotten neighbors.com, FX city and county crime reports, etc.).

(3) Sit in your car at night in the neighborhood and check for riff-raff and signs of thug life.

(4) Check out the shady strip mall near the Pizza Hut across from Home Depot (if they're still there) and also the shopping center with the Asian grocery store and Artie's. Both are a little shady, but hey, you're about a mile from Vienna Metro. -§

Re: Thinking about buying a TH in the fairfax circle area.. does anyone know how the area is?
Posted by: SE ()
Date: December 05, 2007 06:43PM

I have lived here my entire life and I personally wouldnt buy there.

Date: December 05, 2007 06:48PM

SE, why do you say that? Please let me know in detail.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: December 05, 2007 06:53PM

I worked in that area for 3 yrs (recently- left in Oct), and I would never go to the shopping centers anywhere around there alone. There are a lot of shady people around there. If you are looking in the townhouses I am thinking of, they are fairly new, correct? Not a bad neighborhood I would guess, but the area that surrounds it is crap. Its pretty seedy.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: December 05, 2007 06:54PM

Why are you looking at that area? Is it because if the close proximity to Metro?

That may help with some other suggested areas

Posted by: Budweiser ()
Date: December 05, 2007 07:40PM

§ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (1) Check the sex offender registry.
>
> (2) Check the rest of the internet (rotten
> neighbors.com, FX city and county crime reports,
> etc.).
>
> (3) Sit in your car at night in the neighborhood
> and check for riff-raff and signs of thug life.
>
> (4) Check out the shady strip mall near the Pizza
> Hut across from Home Depot (if they're still
> there) and also the shopping center with the Asian
> grocery store and Artie's. Both are a little
> shady, but hey, you're about a mile from Vienna
> Metro. -§

Excellent advice. There's also some kind of homeless facility across from
Home Depot. If they mean Stonehurst, its pretty safe. Ive seen cops chase
bad guys through the woods next to The Virginian. (the assisted living
place) I walked through those woods once and found lots of trash, beer
and wine bottles too. There is also an abundance of deer. BTW, the
beer bottles were Corona. Rt. 50 in that area has a high incidence of
theft from businesses. Car dealers always show up in crime reports for
some reason. Still beats DC or Arlington.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 05, 2007 08:03PM

Don't buy ANYTHING!

The housing market hasn't come close to hitting bottom.

In a few years you'll be able to buy nice single family home on a decent size lot for way less than you'll pay for that damn rowhouse now.

Date: December 05, 2007 08:31PM

There building new TH off of kingsbridge Dr. they look very appealing. They have a nice roof top deck, and yes it is very close to the metro. But the area seems kinda wierd. Theres alot of apartments around it. Im still looking but id like to know how the area is.

Date: December 06, 2007 11:15AM

Any more info?
thanks

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 06, 2007 11:54AM

duh Wrote:
> Don't buy ANYTHING!
>
> The housing market hasn't come close to hitting
> bottom.
>
> In a few years you'll be able to buy nice single
> family home on a decent size lot for way less than
> you'll pay for that damn rowhouse now.

Everyone, do yourself a favor and ignore this advice.

Posted by: allivant ()
Date: December 06, 2007 11:10PM

BR Wrote:
> duh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't buy ANYTHING!
> >
> > The housing market hasn't come close to hitting
> > bottom.
> >
> > In a few years you'll be able to buy nice
> single
> > family home on a decent size lot for way less
> than
> > you'll pay for that damn rowhouse now.
>
> Everyone, do yourself a favor and ignore this
> advice.

It's ok, some people rent forever.

vaburbia.com

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 07, 2007 10:36AM

YES you should definitly buy one of those NEW mcmansions that are going up at te 10800 block along cedar avenue/oak street etc etc! easy walking distance to Micky D's burger king, There is a poppa johns AND a domino withing 1 minute., Chinese food restuarants GALORE! WhooHOOO WJFK is RIGHT THERE!

Posted by: rxmorecowbell ()
Date: December 07, 2007 10:44AM

that's Kamp Washington, at least 2 miles west of ffx circle. the circle has it's homeless wanderers, wannabe yorkville crew gang members (kingsbridge area) and plenty of laborers around. it is a central location to a lot of things, but still check the local police reports, both city and county, to see previous incidents.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: December 07, 2007 03:43PM

BR Wrote:
> duh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't buy ANYTHING!
> >
> > The housing market hasn't come close to hitting
> > bottom.
> >
> > In a few years you'll be able to buy nice
> single
> > family home on a decent size lot for way less
> than
> > you'll pay for that damn rowhouse now.
>
> Everyone, do yourself a favor and ignore this
> advice.

That was good advise. Prices will continue to tank, so hold off another year or two and don't be ripped off.

That area of Fairfax is very ghetto. Shady ass mofos everywhere. The older townhomes around circle woods aren't too pricey, but parking sucks and it is a bit crowded. The new townhomes off 29 near the Pan Am shopping center (the ones with garages) are really nice, but will cost about $600k.

Posted by: grew up on Blake Lane ()
Date: December 08, 2007 09:28PM

I grew up in the apartments on Blake Lane, Fairfax Circle Villa. It was just okay then, but now I'd say no way, especially if I was actually buying a place. If they are building where I think they are on Kingsbridge, the only open space left there,it is a weird location. If you have enough to buy a place, I wouldn't buy it there. But if your kids are in high school, that location does put you in Oakton High School which just made the list of the 100 best high schools in the country.

I've got a fond place in my heart for Blake Lane, but it's changed drastically in 20 years.

Posted by: Scotty ()
Date: December 08, 2007 09:38PM

I used to have soccer practices and games at draper park about 5 years ago. which is the same area that your asking about, and id tell you ive seen not so good things happen out there. From shooting to big fights, many empty beer bottels on the fields and alot of trash, and shady people hanging out around there. If i were you id stay away.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: December 09, 2007 01:55AM

fair circle is shady overall.

anyplace that has a few motels is off my list.

go further west on 29. Area around gov. center and wegmans is a whole lot better.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.