HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Crime Solvers Seeks Suspect in the Murder of Sherry Culp and her Child
Posted by: Cold Case Investigations ()
Date: June 09, 2011 08:18AM

Crime Solvers Seeks Suspect in the Murder of Sherry Culp and her Child

Nine years ago on January 16, 1998, 36-year-old Sherry Ann Culp of Stafford was shot to death. About 6:00 p.m. that Friday, Sherry was leaving her work place in the area of Dynatech Court and Cameron Brown Court in the Fullerton Industrial Park when she was shot in the upper body. Sherry, who was eight and one half months pregnant, was pronounced dead a short time later at Inova Fairfax Hospital.

Her baby was delivered by cesarean section, but died two days later. Detectives are still following leads they have received and continue to look for a man seen in a newer model maroon Ford Ranger pickup truck, which was parked nearby on Fullerton Court just prior to the shooting. He was described as white, in his thirties, about six feet tall with sandy brown hair. In addition, they would also like to speak to a man seen at a Landmark Mall restaurant talking to Sherry’s husband prior to the murder.

Anyone who may have information about this incident, the two men or the truck is asked to call Fairfax County Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS. In addition to the $1000 cash reward being offered by Crime Solvers, the family of Sherry Culp is offering an additional reward, which was recently increased, of $50,500 for information which leads to an arrest and indictment.
Attachments:
picture.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crime Solvers Seeks Suspect in the Murder of Sherry Culp and her Child
Posted by: head scratcher ()
Date: June 09, 2011 08:35AM

> ...In addition, they would also like to speak to a man seen at a Landmark Mall
> restaurant talking to Sherry’s husband prior to the murder...

A contracted hit?

What's the husband up to now?

Posted by: Nose for News ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:33AM

It might be, take a look at this...

Masked man killed 8-months-pregnant woman
Share Print By: Scott McCabe 01/11/09 1:00 AM
Examiner Staff Writer
http://washingtonexaminer.com/crime-and-punishment/2009/01/masked-man-killed-8-months-pregnant-woman

Sherry Ann Culp was a divorced mother of two with a third child on the way when a masked man walked up to her after work 11 years ago and shot her twice in the head.

Culp, 36, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, died instantly. Her baby, who the family planned to name Kelley, was delivered by Caesarean section but died two days later.

Kelley would have turned 11 years old this week.

With the anniversary of the mother and child’s death approaching, Fairfax County cold case investigators are hoping someone will come forward with information. The family has offered a $50,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest or indictment.

On Jan. 16, 1998, Culp was sitting in her car in Springfield at the Fullerton Industrial Park, where she worked in an electronics company’s accounting department. She was shot twice at close range.

Police said two men were seen sitting in a reddish-maroon Ford Ranger pickup in the area minutes before the shooting. One man was wearing a dark jumpsuit with a hood over his head. He was later seen running away from Culp’s car. He was black. The other man was described as white, in his 30s and about 6 feet tall with sandy brown hair.

“Somebody out there knows who committed this murder,” said Fairfax County police Officer Shelley Broderick. “It’s just a matter of that person coming forward.”

Investigators believe the shooting was a murder-for-hire, according to affidavits. Four years after the slaying, police obtained a warrant to search the home of her ex-husband in the hopes of finding evidence including secret audiotapes of Sherry’s phone conversations. Police have also released a photo of a man who was seen talking to the ex-husband at the Landmark Mall in Alexandria shortly before her death.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 866-411-TIPS(8477) or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637). Callers never have to give their names or appear in court.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/crime-and-punishment/2009/01/masked-man-killed-8-months-pregnant-woman#ixzz1OmlEuzsG

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:44AM

Damn, you white people and your contract murders.
One thing you can say about ghetto trash and third world mutants is we kill are own enemies, nome sane?

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: June 09, 2011 10:27AM

"Nine years ago on January 16, 1998" way to post an article from 2007. It has been 13 years and about 5 months as of today.

Posted by: Cold Case Investigations ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:30AM

BB*X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Nine years ago on January 16, 1998" way to post
> an article from 2007. It has been 13 years and
> about 5 months as of today.

What do you expect from a "Cold Case Investigation"? And its still an unsolved murder.

Posted by: Encyclopedia Brown ()
Date: June 09, 2011 05:48PM

Nose for News Wrote:
> It might be, take a look at this...
>
> Masked man killed 8-months-pregnant woman
> Share Print By: Scott McCabe 01/11/09 1:00 AM
> Examiner Staff Writer
> http://washingtonexaminer.com/crime-and-punishment
> /2009/01/masked-man-killed-8-months-pregnant-woman
>
>
>
> Sherry Ann Culp was a divorced mother of two with
> a third child on the way when a masked man walked
> up to her after work 11 years ago and shot her
> twice in the head.
>
> Culp, 36, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, died
> instantly. Her baby, who the family planned to
> name Kelley, was delivered by Caesarean section
> but died two days later.
>
> Kelley would have turned 11 years old this week.
>
> With the anniversary of the mother and child’s
> death approaching, Fairfax County cold case
> investigators are hoping someone will come forward
> with information. The family has offered a $50,000
> reward for information that leads to an arrest or
> indictment.
>
> On Jan. 16, 1998, Culp was sitting in her car in
> Springfield at the Fullerton Industrial Park,
> where she worked in an electronics company’s
> accounting department. She was shot twice at close
> range.
>
> Police said two men were seen sitting in a
> reddish-maroon Ford Ranger pickup in the area
> minutes before the shooting. One man was wearing a
> dark jumpsuit with a hood over his head. He was
> later seen running away from Culp’s car. He was
> black. The other man was described as white, in
> his 30s and about 6 feet tall with sandy brown
> hair.
>
> “Somebody out there knows who committed this
> murder,” said Fairfax County police Officer
> Shelley Broderick. “It’s just a matter of that
> person coming forward.”
>
> Investigators believe the shooting was a
> murder-for-hire, according to affidavits. Four
> years after the slaying, police obtained a warrant
> to search the home of her ex-husband in the hopes
> of finding evidence including secret audiotapes of
> Sherry’s phone conversations. Police have also
> released a photo of a man who was seen talking to
> the ex-husband at the Landmark Mall in Alexandria
> shortly before her death.
>
> Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime
> Solvers by phone at 866-411-TIPS(8477) or text
> “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES(274637).
> Callers never have to give their names or appear
> in court.
>
> Read more at the Washington Examiner:
> http://washingtonexaminer.com/crime-and-punishment
> /2009/01/masked-man-killed-8-months-pregnant-woman
> #ixzz1OmlEuzsG

Couldn't they have the husband do a polygraph? Not enough to convict, but enough to maybe get some traction for the investigators.

Posted by: kstorey614 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 11:45AM

The ex- husband has nothing to do with this murder. I am in fact his step daughter. What the articles conveniently forget to mention is that the boyfriend failed a polygraph test. Also the fact that the Youngs stalked us to the point where my family went after a restraining order

Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: September 02, 2011 12:39PM

kstorey614 Wrote:
> The ex- husband has nothing to do with this
> murder. I am in fact his step daughter. What the
> articles conveniently forget to mention is that
> the boyfriend failed a polygraph test. Also the
> fact that the Youngs stalked us to the point where
> my family went after a restraining order

Which boyfriend do you mean? Who was the restraining order issued against? (All the Youngs or just someone in particular?)

Posted by: triangle head ()
Date: September 02, 2011 12:47PM

LOL @ the sketches. One guy with a square head and another with a very oblong one.

Posted by: Blockhead ()
Date: September 03, 2011 07:01PM

Those sketches lack.

Posted by: Sketchers ()
Date: September 03, 2011 08:35PM

Doesn't the police force hire people to do their sketches? Those sketches look like a 4th grader could do them. Or, they look like something I'd do after about 6 drinks.

Posted by: Funny_Guy ()
Date: September 04, 2011 10:50AM

Sketchers Wrote:
> Doesn't the police force hire people to do their
> sketches? Those sketches look like a 4th grader
> could do them. Or, they look like something I'd
> do after about 6 drinks.

Sadly no...
Attachments:
moose-bad_guy.jpg

Posted by: joey ()
Date: May 26, 2012 07:09AM

don culp had it done. your step father denied a polygraph test. he'll burn in hell.

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 26, 2012 09:18AM

joey Wrote:
> don culp had it done. your step father denied a
> polygraph test. he'll burn in hell.

Murder Mystery
3:24 AM, Jan 17, 2004
Written by
WUSA Staff
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=26113

A Virginia family continues their fight to find the killer of their daughter and unborn grandchild. Sherry Culp was eight-and-a-half months pregnant when she shot in the head by a masked man. The man who murdered Sherry Culp didn't steal a thing except her life, and the life of her daughter, Kelsey. Fairfax police have never described the case as random, or as a robbery. But if they have suspicions of who is responsible, they have never named that person publicly. Even six years later, the pictures of Kelsey bring a surge of emotion to the Young family. The Young family has always believed, Donald Culp, Sherry’s first husband and father of Sherry’s two older daughters is responsible for the killings. Two years ago police searched Culp’s house near Cleveland, after filing an affidavit describing the case as a “murder for hire.” But Culp has never been charged. The couple had gone through a messy divorce, and baby Kelsey was fathered by one of Culp’s former friends. Now Don Culp has a court order keeping the Young’s away from their two granddaughters. Every year on the anniversary of the murders, the Young family visits Sherry’s grave, where baby Kelsey is buried in her mother’s arms. There is a 50-thousand-ollar reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment in this case. If you have any information, call Fairfax County Crime Solvers at 1-800-673-2777.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 26, 2012 09:31AM

yeah, I remember this one. It was the ex husband but cant prove it in court. Really sucks. Kinda scary cause it's right down the block from another unsolved murder :(

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 26, 2012 09:58AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> yeah, I remember this one. It was the ex husband
> but cant prove it in court. Really sucks. Kinda
> scary cause it's right down the block from another
> unsolved murder :(

What is the other unsolved murder?

Posted by: er ()
Date: October 18, 2012 03:22PM

the youngs stalked the culps because they wanted to see their granddaughters!! That seems reasonable to me, why would don not want a loving couple to see his daughters.

answer only 5 months later..........
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:56PM

@McGruff - Amy Baker

Posted by: *bump* ()
Date: October 21, 2012 11:59AM

Bump

Posted by: SoWhatTheyDid ()
Date: October 21, 2012 06:12PM

er Wrote:
> the youngs stalked the culps because they wanted
> to see their granddaughters!! That seems
> reasonable to me, why would don not want a loving
> couple to see his daughters.

And the best way for them to do this was to implicate the father who would have sole custody if no evidence was found (this is what happened apparently). I agree with the stepdaughter above, those dumbass grandparents were probably so overfed with what their (insert adjective here) daughter fed them that they probably thought the father was a horrible person, "he must've done it". They bet on the wrong horse there and now think they can feed the same garbage to their granddaughters that their dad is a horrible person? I hope the grandparents die without ever seeing the kids trying to implicate an innocent person.

Posted by: affairs_wreak_havoc ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:26AM

Here's a good collection of articles on the subject.

http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5159

Posted by: CSI FFX ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:24AM

affairs_wreak_havoc Wrote:
> Here's a good collection of articles on the
> subject.
>
> http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=
> 5159

Thanks!

Posted by: against don ()
Date: April 21, 2013 10:12PM

Don Culp is guilty. He has denied a lie detector test, lawyered up immediately, his alibi is a lie, he told his daughters that they could not discuss their mother's death, he fled the state of the murder, he never tried to help police in helping to solve the case. He is guilty.

Posted by: truthseeker ()
Date: April 29, 2013 02:49PM

E-MAIL THREAD FROM SHERRYS EX HUSBAND DON CULP

Sent to Don Culp Jan 16 2013 – anniversary of murder

“The How and the Why”

My opinion – Don Culp murdered his wife. Ken Young 8/24/2012

Before I get dementia or die I want to state the facts that support my opinion.

My opinion is based on observations of behaviors and known facts and includes my knowledge of what the actual behavior has wrought on the family. In a family, actions as well as body language and emotions are organic elements in determining guilt - hearsay and feelings permeate all families. All feelings point to Don.

But, there is a large amount of evidence and observed behavior to support my opinion.

There are only two suspects, Don and Al. Al interviewed with the police without legal representation and took several polygraph tests and was eliminated as a suspect. Don would not talk to police without having legal representation and Toni present and Don has refused taking a polygraph test.

Don and Al both told me that the other man did it.

Don has never told anyone in the family that he did not do it.

Within hours of the murder Don was notified by me and the police knocked on his door and left a card and he never did call the police, but rather called Sherry’s sister in the middle of the same night and talked to her for about an hour about what was going on.

Following the murder I talked to the babysitter working for Don and it was evident that there was time available to commit the crime.

My information from the police is that the alibi couple, covering the time Don and Toni and Don’s daughters were eating dinner the night of the murder, recanted.

At police request, I looked at several weeks of Dons’ phone communications after the murder and after about two weeks he shut down all communications with the family.

Within days after the murder Don and Toni did everything to keep Sherry’s family from visiting or talking with her daughters, Lauren and Heather

Whenever visitation did occur, Don and Tony did a thorough de briefing of the juveniles to determine what happened and what was said.

Toni had Jane charged with a state felony, swearing on the phone, and did not appear at the trial. Toni also used this tactic on Sherry in a previous suit. Both Jane and Sherry were trying to get Lauren or Heather on the phone. Denial of access to juvenile family members caused both mother and grandmother to curse.

A grandparent’s visitation suit resulted in a judicial decision that eliminated family contact with Lauren and Heather.

Don, without notification, took our family members, out of state, to Ohio to live. He and Toni sold a very nice home and left Virginia suddenly after getting married.

I send an anonymous letter to Don’s neighbors and employer in Ohio stating the facts of the murder and that he was a murder suspect and he left his political appointment and he never raised the issue with me or sought any damages from the consequences to him of my factual revelations.

In Ohio, Don and Toni had the police, tell Jane not to call by telephone to talk to her granddaughters and had the police suggest that her effort to talk to her grandchildren was harassment.

In Ohio, Don and Toni, had Lauren and Heather, write to Jane that they hated her and asked her not to try to communicate with them. Mail to them never was delivered.

Upon their majority, Lauren and Heather, sought out Jane and their mother’s family and started talking to them and reestablished a loving relationship. They talked about living with Don and Toni. They talked about being forbidden to use social media or cell phones.

According to Lauren and Heather, Ton and Toni had volatile arguments and in one of them they overheard Toni say to Don “you murdered your wife”.

According to Lauren and Heather, Toni was abusive to them and their father, Don, did not protect them from her abuse.

According to Lauren, the abuse continued till she survived slitting her wrists and Don’s brother intervened and Don and Toni divorced.

In a dispute over assets, Toni threatened, in a text message that Don shared with Lauren, to tell the authorities the “truth” if he did not back off.

Don has become estrained from Lauren and Heather and will not talk to them about what happened to their mother with them. Over the years Don has let his daughter think that Al killed their mother.

Don has cut off any efforts to reestablish contact with his daughters.

To sum up: Don’s alibi has flaws. Don’s actions are indicative of guilt – joint interviews with lawyers to keep stories straight, declining polygraph tests, seeking information for a short time then cutting off contact with Sherry’s family, keeping juvenile witnesses away from family, punishing family for attempted contact, leaving the State, child abuse, refusal to level with his children and his present estrainment.Toni’s overheard statement to Don and her text message provides confirmations.

My family and I think Don killed Sherry and Toni was an accomplice.

Reply from Don Culp Feb 3 2013

“re: The How and Why”

I received your email and your opinion.

I do not begrudge you your grief in the loss of Sherry. I share it. It has, however, clouded your judgment and colored the way you look at things.

Let me be clear, as I have countless times before, I had nothing to do with Sherry's death.

You and others have methodically turned my daughters against me based on lies, deceit, and misinformation.

Beyond that, there is no further use in my trying to convince you or even communicating again. I will not respond to future like emails.

Response to Don Culp’s Reply Feb 3 2013

“Let’s Get Real”

Don

Thank you for responding to my how and why email.

You have, for the first time, addressed one of my 22 points by denying that you had anything to do with Sherry's murder.

And, you have attacked the messenger, me, for no reason related to the other 21 factual points in my email.

I think that a careful explanation or rebuttal of the other 21 points could affect my opinion.

I think you (and you’re ex wife) did a pretty good job of turning your daughters against yourself. Your daughters came to their mother’s family seeking love and truth and were directed to the police files. The files are factual and are not "lies, deceit and misinformation". They formed their own conclusions.

If you are lying, you are clearly a sociopathic liar who is delusional and believes your own lies and will never address the facts and will always attack pesky messengers who now include your own daughters. You might consider a polygraph to prove me wrong in my assessment.

If you are grieving, good, but I suspect this profession of grief is just another lie.

Face up to the case against you and prove me wrong.

Ken

Addendum - Background Text Message - Toni to Don – griping about car transfer during divorce – containing very revealing threats.

Big mistake. You have no idea how they continue to pursue me to this day, nor the price I have and continue to pay to protect you. I have nothing. No money, no resources, no home. The second I was convicted of OVI, there was an offer to expunge. No record, no fees, no fine. The price was small. A conversation. I refused, and I have paid severely for it.

That is only one aspect of the pursuit. There is so much more.

The first judge or magistrate I stand in front of hears everything. The whole truth. And THEY will be there to hear it all.

I will put this in writing, along with the facts, to your counsel Monday. You stole my car, which would have paid my share of my debts in full. You forged my title to my car, and stole it. Instead of having you prosecuted, I acknowledged that my debts were paid in full. I'm sure you're aware of the state statute of limitations. I like federal law much better.

BIG MISTAKE. If you give me an audience, I welcome the opportunity to finally tell the truth.

Posted by: joe lewis ()
Date: June 21, 2013 03:51AM

don had it done.

Posted by: asdfsdfsdf ()
Date: June 21, 2013 09:20AM

joe lewis Wrote:
> don had it done.

I wish they had an arrest in this.

Posted by: Paula ()
Date: July 27, 2013 01:51AM

I worked with Sherry back in the 80's and I am SO saddened by her death! I hope the person responsible is brought to justice and her family finally gets the piece of mind they deserve. So very tragic!

Posted by: robert ()
Date: July 27, 2013 11:21AM

There appear to be major discrepancies in the story, and two contradictory versions cited above:

"About 6:00 p.m. that Friday, Sherry was leaving her work place in the area of Dynatech Court and Cameron Brown Court in the Fullerton Industrial Park when she was shot in the upper body. Sherry, who was eight and one half months pregnant, was pronounced dead a short time later at Inova Fairfax Hospital."

versus:

"Culp, 36, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, died instantly."

Something is definitely fishy about the time of death. Makes one wonder what other inconsistencies there are.

The police always claim the husband is culpable.

Posted by: perry mason ()
Date: July 27, 2013 11:30AM

against don Wrote:
> Don Culp is guilty. He has denied a lie detector
> test, lawyered up immediately, his alibi is a lie,
> he told his daughters that they could not discuss
> their mother's death, he fled the state of the
> murder, he never tried to help police in helping
> to solve the case. He is guilty.

Guilty or not, retaining an attorney and declining to take a lie detector test are simply the prudent decisions anyone should make.

Never, ever speak to the police without legal counsel it there is the slightest chance you might be a suspect or party to a crime.

It's not an indicator of guilt or innocence whether or not a suspect retains an attorney.

Posted by: Matlock ()
Date: July 27, 2013 05:09PM

perry mason Wrote:
> against don Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don Culp is guilty. He has denied a lie
> detector
> > test, lawyered up immediately, his alibi is a
> lie,
> > he told his daughters that they could not
> discuss
> > their mother's death, he fled the state of the
> > murder, he never tried to help police in
> helping
> > to solve the case. He is guilty.
>
> Guilty or not, retaining an attorney and declining
> to take a lie detector test are simply the prudent
> decisions anyone should make.
>
> Never, ever speak to the police without legal
> counsel it there is the slightest chance you might
> be a suspect or party to a crime.
>
> It's not an indicator of guilt or innocence
> whether or not a suspect retains an attorney.

Cooperating with the police is a moral imperative. A women is dead and the husband is a suspect.

Posted by: robert ()
Date: July 27, 2013 06:05PM

Did they catch the culprit yet? Who are these other people Don and Al, and what makes them potentially culpable?

Any time the police want to talk to you, it a moral imperative to seek advice from an attorney and do exactly as they say.

Posted by: Matlock ()
Date: July 28, 2013 03:58PM

robert Wrote:
> Did they catch the culprit yet? Who are
> these other people Don and Al, and what makes them
> potentially culpable?
>
> Any time the police want to talk to you, it a
> moral imperative to seek advice from an attorney
> and do exactly as they say.

Great advice idiot, that's why this suspect is still on the loose.

Posted by: Deanna ()
Date: February 04, 2014 09:28PM

Very sad to see there was never an arrest in this case. I was a coworker/friend on Al's and I know how excited he was about the baby and his future with Sherry. It is abundantly clear the murder was arranged and Don was the one with motive. Really hope that everyone that loved Sherry gets the closure they deserve one day.
Don, you will be judged one day - guaranteed.

Posted by: Y3XGu ()
Date: February 05, 2014 08:07AM

Deanna Wrote:
> Very sad to see there was never an arrest in this
> case. I was a coworker/friend on Al's and I know
> how excited he was about the baby and his future
> with Sherry. It is abundantly clear the murder was
> arranged and Don was the one with motive. Really
> hope that everyone that loved Sherry gets the
> closure they deserve one day.
> Don, you will be judged one day - guaranteed.

What ever happened to Don?

Posted by: anonymouse1 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:37PM

He is a pretty high manager at goodyear headquarters in Akron in IT. lives near canton I heard.

Posted by: THE TRUTH! ()
Date: February 16, 2014 10:41AM

anonymouse1 Wrote:
> He is a pretty high manager at goodyear
> headquarters in Akron in IT. lives near canton I
> heard.

So then, why hasn't anyone gone and taken out Don?

Answer: Because anyone who cared about Sherry are a total bunch of Pussies with no backbone.

Date: September 10, 2014 04:04PM

He now is
Director, Project Delivery
Acuative, Cleveland/Akron Area

Here is an email sent to his boss ---

Mr Chad Mead COO
Acuative
In his employment application, it may or may not be that Mr. Culp disclosed the information in the following message string to your HR department:
www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/597147.html
If not, the message string will be of interest to your company.
There are a number of people, including my family and Mr. Culp's daughters, that think Mr. Culp was
involved in the murder of his ex wife, Sherry Culp, and, thus far, has gotten away with 1st degree murder.
He has severed his relationship with his adult daughters, and thereby seems to further implicated himself, by hurtful things he allegedly said to them when they were discussing the murder.
The case long ago reached the "probable cause " threshold because a search warrant was granted. My opinion is - he is the prime suspect.
Very truly yours,
Ken Young
PS I am the step father of the victim and am seeking justice.
cc Don Culp

Posted by: Awesome! ()
Date: September 11, 2014 08:42AM

truthseeker Wrote:
> He now is
> Director, Project Delivery
> Acuative, Cleveland/Akron Area
>
> Here is an email sent to his boss ---
>
> Mr Chad Mead COO
> Acuative
> In his employment application, it may or may not
> be that Mr. Culp disclosed the information in the
> following message string to your HR department:
> www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/597147.htm
> l
> If not, the message string will be of interest to
> your company.
> There are a number of people, including my family
> and Mr. Culp's daughters, that think Mr. Culp was
>
> involved in the murder of his ex wife, Sherry
> Culp, and, thus far, has gotten away with 1st
> degree murder.
> He has severed his relationship with his adult
> daughters, and thereby seems to further implicated
> himself, by hurtful things he allegedly said to
> them when they were discussing the murder.
> The case long ago reached the "probable cause "
> threshold because a search warrant was granted. My
> opinion is - he is the prime suspect.
> Very truly yours,
> Ken Young
> PS I am the step father of the victim and am
> seeking justice.
> cc Don Culp

;)

Posted by: CpKy3 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:45PM

never heard of it - but to me 1998 is "to new, during immigrant takover bullova takover just staring" period

and in stafford: not in fairfax

obviously the husband is suspected they don't have evidence

-----------------------
or is there a foreigners or political family living where she once lived and in her job?

it's not impossible it is a case of duck duck goose and she lost her chair to people who live off using / preventing other's successes. the job was valuable, i assume, very

Posted by: Carolina Transplant ()
Date: April 03, 2015 10:26PM

Part of the discrepancy may stem from the requirement that VA EMS are required to perform life-saving techniques on persons believed to be recently deceased. They aren't allowed to make the decision on when a person is dead, that call comes from a doctor at the hospital.

I worked with Don at the time of the shooting and I have my own opinions. I've tried to keep up with findings and disclosures but its hard to trust what is factual.

Posted by: 9WvUK ()
Date: April 06, 2015 08:38PM

kstorey614 Wrote:
> The ex- husband has nothing to do with this
> murder. I am in fact his step daughter. What the
> articles conveniently forget to mention is that
> the boyfriend failed a polygraph test. Also the
> fact that the Youngs stalked us to the point where
> my family went after a restraining order

dont forget we think anything a lawyer suggests is bullshit to cover up a crime !

who wouldn't ?

the family , and friends as well, always suspects. ^^ the above changes nothing

Posted by: KMN9h ()
Date: April 06, 2015 08:45PM

nows a convenient time to remind everyone

fx co gov lawyers "wrong themselves a law" that allows them to file court papers by phone or "verified fx co gov email"

if you do anything in person or phone or what: they will say "no you have to hire a lawyer, also pay a gov worker to server process, and wait".

they lie. they don't.

yes it's strange police never got a line on the caller or boyfriend and got a weapon

infact it's strange they are publicizing it without saying what kind of weapon - since that should already be known

Posted by: BMK1 ()
Date: May 06, 2015 05:00PM

The police know what kind of weapon was used. My question is, why isn't this 18 year old case solved. It was my understanding that Fairfax County had one of the best police force in the country. It's my opinion they screwed up in the very beginning when Sherry was murdered.

Date: May 06, 2015 06:01PM

the weapon was a semi automatic pistol - 9 mil as I recall
the cops found 2 casings - they have not recovered the pistol
the casings were of 2 different manufacture - odd but true

Date: May 06, 2015 06:05PM

Who is "Carolina transplant"?
I would like to find out what you know?

Date: May 06, 2015 06:27PM

There is a recent picture of Don Culp on "LinkedIn". He still looks like he did in the 90s.

Posted by: truthseaker ()
Date: May 04, 2016 07:34PM

Now that we are in an era of big data, data mining and Government Agency overarching surveillance, there must be some person/group that can unlock the ability of law enforcement to "solve" Sherry's murder. The quotes are around "solve" because the killer is known but law enforcement wants overwhelming evidence to make sure a jury does not blemish a prosecutors win/loss ratio - risks of loss have to be so very low before a prosecutor will authorize investigative resources; this reality is a G** dammed shame because so many cases are circumstantial and so many criminals get off the hook because of prosecutorial "cold feet". Help bring Sherry's killer to the justice he deserves - if he gets off because of poor prosecution or clever defense, so be it; he will suffer the psychological and real costs of defense, and society can make it's own judgment outside the criminal biased constraints of the criminal justice system. The family still suffers and the case lumbers on without resolution. HELP. Justice for Sherry and her unborn, Kelsey.

Posted by: H3E4G ()
Date: May 04, 2016 08:13PM

so your saying the case file, coroners report, and evidence box is %100 online ? i doubt that

Posted by: UL3Kb ()
Date: May 04, 2016 08:21PM

haven't there been allot of RECENT unexplained deaths that dont have "very probable motives" (like to talk to man speaking to husband) already known?

like bodies turning up in parks ?

like all of the sudden VRE becoming a place of suicide where before it hadn't been right at the same time news of DC metro being used for murder simply fell off the radar ?

fires where people are inexplicably trapped and burned ? (which according to one firefighter i talked - is actually very rare)

this cold file above appears to have good leads but it's incredible the leads didn't open up further at the time

for instance. was the carried child the result of the marriage or not? was there an ongoing divorce?

the above seems to be a more commonplace domestic crime

whereas on the other hand last time i was at XXXX grocery store i heard two people talking jive - intently loud enough to hear them - about $1,000,000 they could get their hands on (using some form of scam theft - cant remember what)

Posted by: nCG9K ()
Date: May 04, 2016 08:22PM

oh never mind - 1998 isn't that long ago - i took the b&w dotted picture to be early 80's material

Date: May 05, 2016 11:13AM

i am saying that the authorities and communication companies likely have surveillance of everyons communications and that includes the suspect.

Posted by: Jane young ()
Date: August 23, 2017 04:55PM

Sherry Culp's murder has an Anniversary date coming up on January 16, which will be 20 years since she was brutally murdered. Her unborn baby girl also died and is buried in her mothers arms. This case has never been solved. Her life is inside a square box sitting in a Fairfax County cold case office and surely her family has lost all hope of getting closure. The evidence is there and waiting for the last card in the deck to be turned over! In the meantime, a family continues to wait for justice for their daughter and her baby girl. Can this old Ashe be solved?

Posted by: LJS ()
Date: August 24, 2017 11:31AM

against don Wrote:

Always hire a lawyer and never take a lie detector test. Smart people know this.

Posted by: Sgt Pepper ()
Date: January 16, 2018 06:48AM

It was 20 years ago today...

Date: January 16, 2018 02:39PM

Jan 16 2018
The truth is out there somewhere. Nobody should get away with murder. The truth is in someone's vague recollections. The truth is in the bankers boxes full of interview notes and stuff that the police have which needs a review and perceptive analysis. The truth is in an old photo album or scrapbook that has been there in plain sight for 20 years. The truth is in digital files, maybe done for surveillance of something totally unrelated as in todays recordings of every conversation of all of us by our spy/terrorist catchers. The truth may be in some old bank records. Perhaps a guilty conscience will kick in and give us the truth. Perhaps a miss-step of the killer or an accomplice will give us the truth. I know you have to be careful about you pray for, but please God point someone to the truth. Twenty years is too long to be in the darkness of an unsolved murder mystery which has a huge amount of circumstantial evidence. This is a cry for help, please!

Date: March 20, 2021 09:28AM

all the authorities have to do is give tonie storie the reward and grant her immunity from prosecution in exchange for her testimony. she knows who he hired to kill sherry.

Date: March 30, 2021 10:12PM

this is an easy case to solve. i would go into don's high school yearbook and look for the white guy on the left on the poster. he was donnys boy. he put don in contact with the black guy on the right of the poster.

Date: April 02, 2021 08:05PM

donny paid $20.000 for the murder.

Posted by: TS33KR ()
Date: April 03, 2021 12:39AM

Numbers tell story truth seeker
Why you keep bringing it up

Date: April 03, 2021 10:00AM

no one else will. are the guy on the right side of the poster or left?

Date: April 03, 2021 12:10PM

are you the guy on the right side of the poster or left?

Date: April 03, 2021 05:07PM

after all these years one of you will suffer a sudden pang of conscience and tell all.

Date: April 04, 2021 08:20AM

good morning baby killers! another day to bask in your guilt and hope that God is not harsh on you.

Date: April 05, 2021 08:45AM

i dont see how don, tonie and the two gunmen can live with the murder of an unborn child on .heir hands. subhuman garbage,

Posted by: sorry to hear that ()
Date: April 05, 2021 10:28PM

Posted by: twenty dollars ()
Date: April 06, 2021 11:15AM

joe lewis Wrote:
> donny paid $20.000 for the murder.

Twenty dollars and zero tenths of a dollar and zero hundredths of a dollar and zero thousandths of a dollar?

Date: April 06, 2021 11:58AM

don you really screwed yourself good. you paid all that money just to lose the love of your two daughters and bring them closer to their family. like Confucius said when you seek revenge dig two graves, idiot.

Date: April 06, 2021 12:02PM

yeah he paid those two clowns that much. sad. they must be the most low life bastards on the face of the earth.

Date: April 07, 2021 08:38AM

i believe that any day now tonie or one of the killers will confess. remember who confesses first will get the better deal from the authorities. except donny.

Date: April 08, 2021 11:57AM

do baby killers like you think about going to hell?

Date: April 09, 2021 12:36PM

the killer on the right of the poster is former military. getting closer!

Posted by: Keith Morrison Wannabe ()
Date: April 09, 2021 01:03PM

against don Wrote:

Hey dummies, it is a person's right to refuse a lie detector test. Here is another tip, if the police want to question you, refuse and ask for a lawyer.

I am not a lawyer, but I watch 20/20 and 48 hours religiously!

Date: April 09, 2021 07:34PM

that doens't mean we don't have the right to find clues yo bring the maggot to justice.

Date: April 10, 2021 09:28AM

does anybody know what high school donny graduated from. thank you.

Date: April 10, 2021 05:43PM

does anybody know where donny culp is nowadays and what he's doing? thank you.

Date: April 11, 2021 12:02PM

everyone seem to forget that baby kelsey is he real victim here.

Date: April 12, 2021 10:52AM

good morning ! another great day to search for killers.

Date: April 13, 2021 12:44PM

one baby killer lives it up at punta gorda one is working for law enforcement. can you fucking believe it?

Date: April 13, 2021 05:15PM

the killers of kirsten smart were found after 25 years, the cops are getting better at these types of cold cases,

Date: April 14, 2021 08:57AM

the authorities should put the entitre case file online yhat way someone would definetly see something to solve this case.

Date: April 15, 2021 10:28AM

hey donny after killing an innocent child like the coward you are how do you feel about it as the years go by? just curious.

Posted by: joseph lewis ()
Date: April 16, 2021 03:27PM

donnys high school please!

Date: April 16, 2021 03:59PM

does anybody remember the date donny was at bennigans with the black guy? thank you.

Date: April 17, 2021 09:51AM

does anybody care anymore?!

Date: April 18, 2021 10:14AM

has everyone forgotten this case?

Date: April 19, 2021 12:58AM

ney toni why dont you tell the truth?!

Date: April 19, 2021 12:59AM

toni tell the truth!

Date: April 20, 2021 12:46AM

that twenty g is long been spent. now you must look over your shoulders for the rest of your life.

Posted by: Albert D. Heath ()
Date: April 20, 2021 02:37AM

You seem pretty nosey, you are all over the Amy Baker murder investigation too. What's next for you, Amelia Earhart? JFK? Judge Crater? Or, you could mind your own business for a while.

Date: April 20, 2021 09:16AM

justice!

Posted by: lisa rinker ()
Date: April 20, 2021 03:23PM

lisa rinker is next.

Posted by: Albert B Heath ()
Date: April 20, 2021 07:04PM

lisa rinker Wrote:
> lisa rinker is next.

More like Lisa Stinker.

Posted by: lisa rinker ()
Date: April 20, 2021 07:10PM

i never seen a serial killer give theri trophies to the police.

Posted by: Jay Fasick ()
Date: April 21, 2021 09:28AM

I'm Jay Fasick, I'll cut a bitch then go steal a parrot.

Date: April 21, 2021 12:51PM

the mentality of some people.

Posted by: Carl Fluglehorn ()
Date: April 21, 2021 04:50PM

joe lewis Wrote:
> the mentality of some people.

You are mental.

Date: April 21, 2021 05:43PM

it seems that me posting on a site for cold cases has upset some people. i remember that the police said that friends that provided alibis for don and toni each had a conflicting one. i wonder how many of you are them. i also wonder hos many of you coud condone the murder of a woman and her unborn child,

Posted by: Marvin Hamlish ()
Date: April 21, 2021 06:30PM

joe lewis Wrote:
> it seems that me posting on a site for cold cases
> has upset some people. i remember that the police
> said that friends that provided alibis for don and
> toni each had a conflicting one. i wonder how many
> of you are them. i also wonder hos many of you
> coud condone the murder of a woman and her unborn
> child,

There's a thing called Let Sleeping Dogs Lie. There's a thing called Stop Stirring Shit Up.

Date: April 22, 2021 12:15AM

then you or whoever should not have done it.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.