HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What happened at Springfield Mall?
Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: December 03, 2007 08:24AM

My wife and I were eating dinner at Famous Daves and saw on one of the bar TVs all the fire and police at Springfiled Mall at around 7:30 pm but the attack that killed the young hispanic man happened at 2 am. We couldn't catch what was going on the local news. Apparently there was two incidents at the Centro Comercial.

I looked on the FFX police page and there was nothing. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened at Springfield Mall?
Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: December 03, 2007 08:48AM

There was a fire at the mall around 5pm...could that have been what you were seeing?

http://www.nbc4.com/news/14751337/detail.html?rss=dc&psp=news

Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: December 03, 2007 08:53AM

Thanks for the info. That's more than likely what we saw.

Posted by: Kobersteen ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:02AM

Same night as the fire (small fire), there was also a murder. Just another day at Springfield Mall...

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:20AM

Kobersteen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same night as the fire (small fire), there was
> also a murder. Just another day at Springfield
> Mall...

Shocking such a thing could happen at a dark and decaying piece of shit mall.

I hate going to that place.

Posted by: Grunt ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:35AM

living in the border line of Alexandria(still part of FFX county) I would pick Springfield mall anytime over Landmark mall. That place is a ghost town on any given day. When I first got out of the core and desperately needed a job I got a job as a loss prevention agent for one of the department stores......there was always work to do,lol

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: December 03, 2007 11:14AM

Springfield mall anytime over Landmark mall

I'll second that... fortunately now I live next to potomac mills and work next to Tysons.. I still hate malls though..

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 03, 2007 07:33PM

I think malls are going the way of the dinosaur...thank goodness. I haven't been in one in about 25 years...HATE 'em. I especially hate how big department stores cover all the walls with mirrors...and other tricks to help you get lost in the fucking place.

I've read the new hot retail thing is like Fair Lakes....a bunch of big box stores arranged in a row or an otherwise concentrated area. I like that better myself...

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: December 03, 2007 07:47PM

I heard Landmark Mall is going to be renovated. The big stores will remain along with a few small ones. The rest will be made into condos. A mixed use result. But I have heard that for years.
I never go to springfield mall, I go the extra few miles to Fair Oaks. Besides there are more than enough milfs there in the daytime.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:02PM

I heard that Springfield mall will tripled fenced. Busloads of Machete weilding illegals will be bought in and units from ft. Belvoir will then use the grounds for target practice. After all said illegals are gunned down, a daisy cutter will be dropped, not just on the former mall but on Alexandria and Springfield as well.

Date: December 03, 2007 09:13PM

Ft.Belvoir is weak, very weak. I think it's the smallest Army base in the nation. Their Mp unit is non existent. I do like the Aafex though. DLA which is located right outside the base is a good place to work if you considering working for the government and the commute there is descent. Quantico is numero uno in my book. Even better Parris Island aka Pow camp

Posted by: mallaway ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:16PM

malls are finished, its all open air now

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:48PM

Ft.Belvoir is weak, very weak. I think it's the smallest Army base in the nation.

Umm, Ft. Belvoir is the HQ for the vaunted DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency). That fact alone makes it a military powerhouse. It's federal-procurement-central for military spending. There's alot of communications stuff based there too.

They might not have alot of soldiers, but it's the nerve center for the contracts that make the military what it is.

Date: December 04, 2007 01:23AM

its still the Army.....enough said. The only branch that will accept a GED drop out just to fill the boots. Their promotion system after E-4 is based on tests!!! Are you freaking kidding me? You have to bust your ass and prove yourself above and beyond to get promoted in the Core. I have seen so many dumb**cks at Belvoir. I have seen a staff sergeant drive off from the gas pump with the nozzle still inserted, leading in dislocation of the hose from the pump AND he drove off with it until someone chased him down to tell him he had a freaking pump hose dragging from the back of his car. Do I need more examples????

Posted by: CheekyMonkey ()
Date: December 04, 2007 08:28AM

Grunt Wrote:
> You have to bust your ass and prove yourself above
> and beyond to get promoted in the Core.

Grunt, this is the second message in this thread where you have used the word 'core' when it seems pretty clear that you are trying to say 'corps' and imply that you are a Marine. Either you are dumb as a post and the DIs at PI hit you with too many pugel sticks or you are a pathetic poser. Care to let us know the truth?

Date: December 04, 2007 10:18AM

how about I just beat the cheeky part out of you

Posted by: Former GI ()
Date: December 04, 2007 12:33PM

When I was on Joint staff, all of the marines working for me were substandard...and gay. I used to wonder why they would all head to lady Bird park every lunch time....

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 04, 2007 02:22PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Ft.Belvoir is weak, very weak. I think it's the
> smallest Army base in the nation.
>
> Umm, Ft. Belvoir is the HQ for the vaunted DCAA
> (Defense Contract Audit Agency). That fact alone
> makes it a military powerhouse. It's
> federal-procurement-central for military spending.
> There's alot of communications stuff based there
> too.
>
> They might not have alot of soldiers, but it's the
> nerve center for the contracts that make the
> military what it is.

It also has a kick ass PX and Grocery Facilities.

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: December 04, 2007 05:55PM

This has to be record time for the quickest detour a post has taken. On the first page it goes from springfield mall crime to who is the biggest pussy in the military.

Springfield mall is an absolute mess. They jumped the shark when they added on the extra wing. Just too many stores and then they lowered the rent to fill the vacancies. Once they did that they started getting in crappy stores catering to low lifes. PG thugs and latin gangs helped grease the skids.

Posted by: kevin ()
Date: December 06, 2007 04:10PM

why is there so much prejudice against minority people in this forum???

Posted by: Jermaine jackson ()
Date: December 06, 2007 04:15PM

Hey Kevin, STFU whiteboy

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 07, 2007 05:16PM

Ft. Belvoir doesnt even have an M1A1 Abrams. Closest one would be up in Aberdeen, MD. If terrorists ever attack DC, we wont have protection.

THere is a national guard armory in Manassas that has a stryker I belive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.