HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cold Case Investigations - Fairfax County
Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: June 02, 2011 09:38AM

Cold Case Investigations

These are older cases that the Fairfax Homicide has not been able to solve.

Please take a moment to look and see. Maybe you can identify one of these people.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/unsolved-homicides/homicideunit.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cold Case Investigations - Fairfax County
Posted by: theShadowToo ()
Date: June 02, 2011 10:33AM

That has got to be the worst formatted PDF I've ever seen.

With regards to the Sherry Culp case (in Fullerton Industrial Park), why was a random baby picture added FOR HER UNBORN CHILD?!?

:-|

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: June 02, 2011 10:53AM

Wow. No idea there were so many unsolved crimes and tragedies in the area. Scary.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 02, 2011 11:38AM

I really want to know why I haven't heard anything about the Marion Newman and Marion Marshall cases.

Date: June 02, 2011 02:36PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really want to know why I haven't heard anything
> about the Marion Newman and Marion Marshall cases.

Hmmmm...Here's what I was able to find....

A Tale Of Two Marions
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=42418

In 2006, two women were murdered in northern Virginia. Both lived in Springfield. Both were active senior citizens. And both had the first name Marion.

On November 21, 2006, the body of Marion Newman was found in her North Springfield home. The 72-year-old Marion Newman was beaten and there was no sign of forced entry into her residence. Cops say Marion Newman was last seen on Sunday, November 20, 2006 at the nursing home where her 92-year-old mother lives.

The nursing home is only a few miles from Marion Newman's home, and she was known to be a daily visitor there. According to friends, Newman never missed a meal with her mother. When Marion didn't show up for her dinner one night, her mom immediately knew something was wrong.

But as police would soon realize, the murder of Marion Newman was not unique.

Oddly enough, just a few months earlier, another woman named Marion -- in this case, Marion Marshall, 74 -- had been found murdered and beaten in her home.

Eerie Similarities Between Murder Cases

View Larger

Marion Marshall liked to cook for the needy and volunteered at her church.

Oddly enough, just a few months earlier, another woman named Marion -- in this case, Marion Marshall, 74 -- had been found murdered and beaten in her home. She lived just a short distance away from Marion Newman, off Bostwick Drive in Springfield, Virginia.

Police say Marshall was last seen shopping on surveillance tape at the Giant Food store in the Bradlick Plaza shopping center on August 13, 2006. Investigators say Marion Marshall loved to make meals and deliver them to needy people in her area, and she also helped out at her local church.

The case stood out for two reasons: the first is that investigators can't come up with a good reason why someone would want to murder this charitable elderly woman; the second is that there are only about 15 murders in Fairfax County, Virginia every single year.

But as police discovered links between Marion Marshall's murder and the subsequent murder of Marion Newman, they realized that this case might be even more unusual than they'd originally thought.

Missing Ring Could Be Key Clue
The murders weren't officially linked until December 6, 2006 through a detailed victimology analysis of both victims. The analysis compares the victims's physical characteristics, behavior, and family dynamics.

Investigators say Marion Marshall and Marion Newman lived in the same style home, a one-story layout with no garage. They both lived alone, were around the same age and were very independent. Police say big ticket items were left behind in the homes so burglary was not a motive, and with no signs of a break-in at either location, the women may have known their attacker. Authorities believe the suspect has some sort of link to the Springifeld area, possibly through a girlfriend or a job.

The same day the murders were linked, police released another key clue to solving these crimes. Investigators divulged that a ring Marion Newman had been wearing was missing. It's a custom-made ring, described as white gold, with a three diamond setting. The ring also sits on a leaf band. Police believe the ring may have been displayed, sold, or traded in the area.
Attachments:
Newman%20-%20enlarge1.jpg
Marshall%20-%20enlarged1.jpg
RING1.jpg

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 02, 2011 02:38PM

Does that mean Marion Barry may be murdered soon?

Date: June 02, 2011 02:42PM

Yeah I found that AMW thing a few months back when I found the pdf linked in this thread and remembered the crimes. I don't relish the idea that someone could commit 2 murders in my area in such a short time and get away with it. I really wonder how the cops hit a wall, if they had any suspects at any time and how they were cleared (if they were), if anyone is still investigating, if they have DNA, if not how did they connect the cases (just MO?), etc.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 02, 2011 02:44PM

Its like whoever produced that PDF cut and pasted a table from a Word document into Adobe, and did not check to be sure it all ended up in the right place. Don't they know they can just save as a PDF right from Word?

Posted by: Question? ()
Date: June 02, 2011 02:48PM

How come some of the home address locations were not given?

Posted by: Funny_Guy ()
Date: June 02, 2011 02:51PM

Question? Wrote:
> How come some of the home address locations were
> not given?

Well its obvious...To keep creepy guys like you and I from dropping by.

Posted by: grammar_popo ()
Date: June 02, 2011 03:33PM

Funny_Guy Wrote:
> Question? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How come some of the home address locations
> were
> > not given?
>
> Well its obvious...To keep creepy guys like you
> and I from dropping by.

Or creepy guys like you and me from dropping by.

Posted by: anon ()
Date: June 02, 2011 03:34PM

Didn't police feel like they got Melissa Brannen's killer, the groundskeeper, Hughes? Does he still say he's innocent or did they do new DNA testing on the blood evidence they found? Also, did they ever link that guy who killed himself, Frank Berry, to Rosie Gordon? Anyway, I was new to the area when these happened and remember them both well.

As far as the old lady case, I anonymously sent in a tip about this guy who lived within a mile of them during that time who later was found squatting in an abandoned house. He would always try to do work for people in the area and was unemployed and would walk and hang out at the Bradlick Shopping center. He had lived in the abandoned house for months without water or power and was breaking into houses in the area. Really weird and I heard and supposedly he had serious mental health issues and had all sorts of swords and weapons. They already have him in custody for the break ins so I suppose the cops have checked out this link already so no leads there.

Date: June 02, 2011 04:02PM

anon Wrote:
> Didn't police feel like they got Melissa Brannen's
> killer, the groundskeeper, Hughes? Does he still
> say he's innocent or did they do new DNA testing
> on the blood evidence they found? Also, did they
> ever link that guy who killed himself, Frank
> Berry, to Rosie Gordon? Anyway, I was new to the
> area when these happened and remember them both
> well.

He had her DNA in his car and was sentenced to jail for her abduction even though they never found a body. Not sure about Rosie.

You’re right, both stories was all over the TV, very big local news.

Date: June 02, 2011 04:12PM

anon Wrote:
> As far as the old lady case, I anonymously sent in
> a tip about this guy who lived within a mile of
> them during that time who later was found
> squatting in an abandoned house. He would always
> try to do work for people in the area and was
> unemployed and would walk and hang out at the
> Bradlick Shopping center. He had lived in the
> abandoned house for months without water or power
> and was breaking into houses in the area. Really
> weird and I heard and supposedly he had serious
> mental health issues and had all sorts of swords
> and weapons. They already have him in custody for
> the break ins so I suppose the cops have checked
> out this link already so no leads there.

It might be time to give them a call on it again. As you can see they haven't gotten very far with this case. 1-800-CRIME-TV

Date: June 02, 2011 05:04PM

anon Wrote:
> Also, did they
> ever link that guy who killed himself, Frank
> Berry, to Rosie Gordon? Anyway, I was new to the
> area when these happened and remember them both
> well.

Doesn't look like it...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/crime-and-punishment/police-still-seek-clues-10-year-old039s-murder

In 1992, after a man fatally shot himself before investigators could question him about the attempted abduction of a 9-year-old girl, police said they were investigating whether the man could have been involved in Gordon's death. The investigation never panned out.

I imagine it didn't "pan out" because the dude killed himself.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: June 02, 2011 08:08PM

In the Charles Fitzmaurice case, the cops thought the wife did it or had someone do it. Sunday or Saturday evening.

In the Walter Graham case, I always felt that it was a gay thing. He had a hustler come over and the guy strangled him.

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: June 02, 2011 09:28PM

theShadowToo Wrote:
> That has got to be the worst formatted PDF I've
> ever seen.
>
> With regards to the Sherry Culp case (in Fullerton
> Industrial Park), why was a random baby picture
> added FOR HER UNBORN CHILD?!?
>
> :-|

Maybe they pulled the baby out and gave it some sort of glamour shots makeover or something. Perhaps not a random picture afterall?

Posted by: Dear Stones ()
Date: June 02, 2011 09:36PM

Abortion much?

Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: June 02, 2011 11:41PM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 03:26PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Inspector Fuzz ()
Date: June 03, 2011 07:00AM

See attachment
Attachments:
homicideunit.pdf

Posted by: Brrrrrrrrrr ()
Date: June 04, 2011 07:09PM

What is oldest unsolved case?

Posted by: mike ()
Date: June 06, 2011 05:22PM

I wanna know what happened to Tommy Burkett

Posted by: Robert Stack ()
Date: June 06, 2011 06:56PM

mike Wrote:
> I wanna know what happened to Tommy Burkett

SUMMARY:
On December 1, 1991, Tommy Burkett was found dead in his Herndon, Virginia home with multiple injuries--a fractured jaw, a battered right ear, and abrasions on his chest. He also had a bullet wound to the head, supposedly self-inflicted from a .357 Magnum that was in the room. The exit wound was 1/4" by 1/2". The autopsy (http://www.thepacc.org/Beyer.html) revealed no powder burns nor powder debris. The gun's cylinder was unlatched, and there were no prints on the gun or cartridges. The police did not talk to witnesses who observed Tommy's car being chased that afternoon , saw his car returned to the house hours after he was already dead, and observed other cars at the scene.

The investigating officer from the Fairfax County Police (http://www.thepacc.org/FCPD.html)lied repeatedly concerning his activities; the medical examiner's signature (http://www.thepacc.org/Hautsig.html)was forged on the report identifying manner and cause of death (http://www.thepacc.org/Stats.html) one day prior to an autopsy; and the pathologist (http://www.thepacc.org/Beyer.html) denied the existence of photos of the injured right ear even though he had previously shown them to Tommy's father. After appealing to the Virginia State Medical Examiner and The Governor, the parents appealed to the Justice Department.

The FBI (http://www.thepacc.org/FBI.html) at first refused to investigate, but after Janet Reno received over 4000 signatures on a petition, they opened an investigation. In their 20-month "investigation" they never spoke to the investigating officer and accepted the word of the local medical examiner, Dr. Donald Haut that his obviously forged signature was his own(Wm. Megary, the FBI supervisor, said "Anyone can sign anyone's name to anything."). They took walls from the Burkett house which held blood spatter far removed from the death scene but did no DNA testing, although they did acknowledge it was human blood and the pattern was consistent with gunshot injuries. FBI investigator Robert Pocica refused to accept tips from "Unsolved Mysteries" (http://www.thepacc.org/Mabry.html) and refused to interview reporters who had received threats after covering Tommy's story. He did not obtain or test the gun, nor did he obtain and compare fingerprints collected by the expert hired by the family (the FCPD (http://www.thepacc.org/FCPD.html) did no fingerprinting other than the gun, did not test the gun, did not remove the supposed "fatal" bullet from the wall nor do any other forensic tests). In short, the FBI followed the same script as the FCPD with the obvious intention of clearing the local cops of any wrongdoing. This is the pattern established by the feds in cases like this. (See the "Primetime" (http://www.thepacc.org/Adden.html#anchor781858) segment of Dec. 13, 1995 on FBI investigations of local police misconduct.)

Posted by: robert stack??????? ()
Date: June 07, 2011 01:10PM

What I want to know is what really happened, if theres been any news in the case and if they will reopen it. Ive read all those articles . thanks for the post though

Date: June 07, 2011 01:17PM

That post was great because I heard Robert Stack's voice as I read it.

Posted by: Dr. Otto ()
Date: June 07, 2011 01:50PM

I remember Bryan Fuentes and his girlfriend getting shot.That happened on my street.Dude rolled up on the car where they were sitting in front of Bryan's house and let them both have it. He ran with T.R.G. Supposedly the guy who shot them was a rival gang member and a jealous Ex boyfriend. RIP Smoke.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: June 07, 2011 02:09PM

Jeannie Herholtz, strangled in her car at a shopping center in 1987. Why didn't they arrest the guy that was watching her as she used the ATM? You know he did it.

Posted by: Robert Stack ()
Date: June 07, 2011 06:56PM

Dr. Otto Wrote:
> I remember Bryan Fuentes and his girlfriend
> getting shot.That happened on my street.Dude
> rolled up on the car where they were sitting in
> front of Bryan's house and let them both have it.
> He ran with T.R.G. Supposedly the guy who shot
> them was a rival gang member and a jealous Ex
> boyfriend. RIP Smoke.

The latest update is they are both still dead and the bad guy got away. Guess what? The bad guy lives down the street from you and now knows that you know to much. Eeeeek!

and

6X Wrote:
> Jeannie Herholtz, strangled in her car at a
> shopping center in 1987. Why didn't they arrest
> the guy that was watching her as she used the ATM?
> You know he did it.

Because he didn't do it...But if not who did?

Date: June 07, 2011 07:18PM

Robert Stack Wrote:
>>
> 6X Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jeannie Herholtz, strangled in her car at a
> > shopping center in 1987. Why didn't they arrest
> > the guy that was watching her as she used the
> ATM?
> > You know he did it.
>
> Because he didn't do it...But if not who did?

Bull shit, He did it. Who was his lawyer? Who got paid off? What was his record?
Who else did he kill? Is he still alive?

Posted by: April ()
Date: June 17, 2011 08:36PM

I want to know what happened to my Fiance Tony Taylor. His case like man are just there with No info no nothing I have never heard anything about this case No one has given me any information I gave birth to his daughter the same December he passed on the 24th. he never ot to see her but he would have been So proud of her. I still seek answers or info on this case.
Attachments:
tony1.jpg

Posted by: Encyclopedia Brown ()
Date: June 17, 2011 08:39PM

April Wrote:
> I want to know what happened to my Fiance Tony
> Taylor. His case like man are just there with No
> info no nothing I have never heard anything about
> this case No one has given me any information I
> gave birth to his daughter the same December he
> passed on the 24th. he never ot to see her but he
> would have been So proud of her. I still seek
> answers or info on this case.

We need more information, like his full name. There are too many people that show up with the same name. Also where did he live (town), street, what year did he die, etc?

Date: June 22, 2011 04:45PM

His name is Tony Martinez Taylor. He was found dead The listing states December 11, 1983 as day Unsure if this is the day they found him or the day he passed We had not heard from him from Thanksgiving on and i was away when detectives visited my Aunt and left her know what happened He was living in Washington DC when this happened.

He was found in the 7000 block of Georgetown Pike, Great Falls

Due to my being out of state i never got the full story of what they thought or who was handling the case etc
I just am left with a lot of open Pain and loss and no way to close it ortry to heal it.

Posted by: Still Looking.... ()
Date: June 22, 2011 06:56PM

Posted by: More on Tina Ricca ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:16AM

Glimpses of America's Man-Made Disasters
by

Trowbridge H. Ford

Part Sixteen

Angus Mackenzie's developing a brain tumor in December 1992, and then dying on Friday, May 13, 1994 - whatever the cause of the cancer, and his possible overuse of cellphones looks increasingly unlikely - was a black period not only for the aggressive 44-year-old journalist but also for American democracy. During the period when he was dying, a hiatus was created in his research which his survivors were unable to properly revive when they belatedly added to the finished manuscript. They worked on the assumption that Mackenzie was particularly interested in firing the spies - what Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes called for in a January 26, 1992 article in the San Francisco Examiner/Chronicle as a way of allegedly getting rid of the CIA - when Mackenzie essentially wanted transparency in the conduct of American government. DCI Robert Gates, in giving orders to Agency employees to make it more popular with the public, had "...made it plain that CIA 'openness' did not mean the lessening of secrecy." (Angus Mackenzie, Secrets: The CIA's War at Home, p. 197)

Now there is a clear distinction between protecting secrets, and stopping spies. While counterintelligence agents focus on the latter, it usually is for protecting some kind of vital information, though it can just be to prevent dangerous blowback from opponents or just to protect an agency from embarrassing disclosures. In this case, Gates was clearly protecting information, particularly of a scientific nature that Danny Stillman had discovered for the Agency in his visits to China and Russia during 1990-1, and Thomas Reed has written about in The Nuclear Express. The visits had apparently shown that neither of them were really that far advanced in nuclear capability but this information was cooked up for domestic political and public consumption so that Congress was panicked into funding far more than America's bloated military-industrial state could possibly consume, resulting, among many other things, in the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) building itself a grand new headquarters in Chantilly, Virginia with $310 million of allocated but unspent funds. Stillman officially claimed that "... Chinese weapons technology is on a par with that of the United States" (p. 356), and that his December 1991 visit to Russia turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt to mask its past and ongoing stealing of American nuclear technology. (pp.42-3)

The biggest cause of the change in focus from protecting secrets to catching spies was caused by the difficulties surrounding Bill Clinton's unexpected election as President in November 1992. America's covert government had written off the Governor of Arkansas as a likely replacement of George H. W. Bush, given Clinton's serious involvement in the Iran-Contra scandal, especially his making available the services of Mena's International Regional Airport to the Agency's Evergreen International Aviation, Southern Air Transport, Vortex Aircraft Sales and Leasing and other carriers, but was panicked when it happened as he had promised to end the Agency during the election campaign, not only for vote catching purposes but also to cover up his role in its operations. To head off the Agency's possible demise, Gates gave him an unprecedented personal briefing in Little Rock in September 1992 about what it was doing - something they both had a mutual interest in keeping covered up - and continued on a regular basis as the Presidential Daily Brief in Little Rock, once he was elected.

For more on the crisis, see these links:

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2004/08//how-and-why-woolsey-and-clinton-saved.html

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2004/08/how-and-why-woolsey-and-clinton-saved_25.html

The arrangement that Clinton and CIA's new DCI R. James Woolsey reached was that they would work mutually to clean up their acts with as little contact as possible, while leaving the NRO to stew in its own juice. The primary threats were Special Counsel Lawrence Walsh's continuing efforts to prosecute high Reagan officials, especially the National Security Council's Oliver North, and the possible fallout from Peter Dale Scott's and Jonathan Marshall's Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies, and the CIA in Central America which was based upon John Kerry's Senate Subcommittee Report on Terrorism, Narcotics and International Operations shortly after George Bush became President, and was published in 1991 by the University of California Press, the same university press which would publish Mackenzie's manuscript. Clinton was afraid that the prosecution of North would lead to his revealing all, especially the former Governor's role in the Agency's use of Mena - what led Walsh to back off from prosecuting him after others had been pardoned by Bush - what the President-elect perfunctorily criticized. Fortunately for Clinton, the Scott and Marshal book neither mentioned him nor Mena, and nothing new was said about then Deputy Director of Operation Gates's role in the whole process.

The biggest problem for the Clintons was keeping secret all the dealings they had had with the Agency during Iran-Contra - what kept them preoccupied while considering more routine matters, especially appointments, explaining partially why it was done so ham-handedly. The first task was to get rid of Bureau Director William Sessions who was involved in knitting the FBI and CIA together at the top rather than catching turncoats at the bottom during the "decade of the spy."When Sessions began having his agents look into the Agency's relationship at the bottom with Banco Lavoro Nazionale where the Agency's Aldrich 'Rick' Ames had deposited $111,000 of unexplained money from a Swiss bank account, as Mark Riebling wrote in Wedge (p. 443), Sessions became a marked man (p. 425), and soon he was gone because of alleged ethics violations. While the Bureau's investigations of so-called Iraq-Gate hurt Bush at the polls, it was time to get rid of Sessions when it was reported his reduction of its counter intelligence capability had led to the continued spying by Ames for Soviets which the Bureau had finally started investigating when the real problem then was Hillary's dealings with weapons firms like Teledyne which had been supplying Saddam with cluster bombs from cutouts like Chile's Cardoen - what Gates had denied at his confirmation hearings under oath as DCI.

Hillary soon took over the White House Travel Office for fear that its official employees would get wind of its most questionable transactions, especially the many money-laundering trips to Switzerland and elsewhere by deputy White House counsel Vince Foster who had been dragged in to "accelerate the process". (James B. Stewart, Blood Sport, p. 260) As 'Travelgate' developed, Foster became increasingly in the eye of the storm, particularly thanks to the media's, especially The Wall Street Journal's, pursuit of him. The prospect of congressional hearings over the messy business seemed increasingly inevitable despite the hiring of counsel David Gergen to stem the hostile publicity. Soon the WSJ was requesting Foster's photograph, and when he refused to provide it, the newspaper filed a successful Freedom of Information Act request for it. Foster was so stressed that he even cancelled his trip to Arkansas to receive its Bar Association's 1993 Outstanding Lawyer of the Year award.

He felt like he was in a hopeless situation that he could do nothing about. As soon as he heard Sessions had been fired - replaced by former Bureau eager-beaver Louis Freeh rather than Clinton old friend Richard Stearns to stem criticism that the White House was politicizing it - Foster committed suicide the next day in Fort Marcy Park.

While conspiracy theorists went wild over the death - thanks particularly to articles in The New York Times, and fumbling activities by the Bureau making it look like it might well have been murder - the White House not only encouraged such suspicions by unreliable claims, unexpected activities, and puzzling evasiveness but also took advantage of them. Of course, the prospect that everyone might believe that Foster did, in fact, commit suicide, was the last thing the Clintons wanted. Then when all kinds of claims were made about important witnesses of the suicide allegedly being silenced, Clinton critics - particularly former security chief Jerry Luther Parks who had been pressuring Foster and predicted his own murder after Foster killed himself; troublemaking lawyer Arthur Wilcher who had been investigating activities at Mena and how it related to Iran-Contra; and nearly me who almost died several times the way Wilcher did - were taken care of, as I have explained in these articles:

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2004/03/confessions-of-american-exile-who.html

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2004/04/more-confessions-about-americas-plot.html

Then the Agency complemented the process by getting rid of potential troublemakers, one way or another. On August 8, 1993, Freddie Woodruff, a long-time friend of the Ameses, was shot dead in the Republic of Georgia while he, the director of its intelligence service Eldar Guguladze, and two unidentified women were taking a sightseeing visit to Mount Kazbek. The Woodruffs had rented the Ameses' house on the Golf Course Island in Reston back in 1976 when Ames was transferred to NYC, and had remained close friends thereafter - what the Agency ignored when it wrote up an account of Rick's spying. (David Wise, Nightmover, p. 234) Woodruff was the CIA resident in Leningrad when the non-nuclear conclusion to the Cold War occurred after the assassination of Olof Palme, and Woodruff knew more clearly than anyone else what was at stake - especially unexpected Soviet counterforce if the triggering had worked on Moscow - if the showdown had gone ahead. Woodruff could clearly have blown the Agency sky high it he had lived to testify in any trial. Woodruff's murder was written off by the Agency as mere a random act of violence.

To show that the Agency had Palme's unsolved assassination clearly on its mind, Viktor Gunnarsson, the most likely assassin of still unsolved Palme killing according to the Swedish public, was himself assassinated in North Carolina where he had sought refuge. His killing was certainly caused by at least two killers who managed somehow to remove the drugged, good-sized man from his apartment complex in Salisbury, and drive him, unconscious in the trunk of a car, 90 miles to Deep Gap where his body was disposed of - so well that it took six weeks for it finally to be found. Consequently, the plotters were obliged to murder the mother of Kay Weden, the leading suspect's former girl friend, former policeman L. C. Underwood, in the hope of making Gunnarsson's killing stick on him too. The successful prosecution was based on the assumption that if Underwood had killed Gunnarsson, then he might well have murdered Ms. Weden's mother, Mrs. Miller and the reverse. With hypothesizing like this, the state of North Carolina was able to incarcerate Underwood for life with no chance of parole.

For more on this, see this link:

http://codshit.blogspot.com/2004/06/why-palme-assassination-suspect.html

With the Clinton administration's covert problems greatly reduced, Freeh's Bureau finally arrested KGB spy Ames in February 1994 because he no longer had potential witnesses who could provide extenuating circumstances for his spying for Moscow. While his colleagues made much of the spies he had betrayed, Viktor Cherkashin, his KGB recruiter, was much more to the point when he explained: "He is a humanitarian. How did he hurt your country? He didn't betray any of your secrets, he simply told us who were the traitors in our midst. I consider him a very fine fellow." (Quoted from Pete Earley, Confessions of a Spy: The Real Story of Aldrich Ames, p. 350.) Of course, in saying this, Cherkashin was alluding to the secret plot to eliminate the USSR by a non-nuclear war, thanks to triggering it by the assassination of Olof Palme, and the spying by Stillman which disclosed that Russia was apparently still seeking world domination, thanks to spying for the Russians by PERSEUS aka Arthur Fielding and apparently MI5's Peter Wright et al., which Ames never allegedly mentioned to Moscow. It ultimately even denied that Ames was its spy.

To repay the KGB in kind, the Bureau then hired Robert Eringer to befriend Edward Lee Howard in Moscow, and render him back to the States to face the music, as Eringer has now been describing and posting the fruits of on his blog. Of, course Eringer did not explain it as an act of vengeance, as Howard had no mitigating circumstances like Ames - what would have led to his execution if successful. While Howard had deliberately been allowed to escape to Moscow before the non-nuclear showdown with the Soviets to give them a false sense of what was afoot, his disclosures to Moscow, especially the spying for the Agency by Adolf Tolkachev which kicked off the celebrated year of the spies - 1985, were worthless.

Of course, one would like to know why it took the Bureau so long to go after Howard, and why Eringer has waited so long to tell of his adventures and insights into spying with an agent that even the Agency didn't want. President Clinton's refusal to permit Howard's rendering from any European location showed that he wanted to let sleeping dogs lie, especially since the Bureau was rendering terrorists involved in the first bombing of the WTC. Eringer's purpose apparently is to show how amateurish such agents are in deed and thought.

During all this messy clean up, the American intelligence community, especially the NRO, was keeping a most low profile, hoping that the revelations would only be about spies outed rather than secrets revealed. NRO Director Martin Faga released a few basic facts about the organization to still complaints about it performance until the construction of its new headquarters at Chantilly was revealed - reviving the concerns which had caused Judge William Webster to retire as DCI back in 1991. Webster had appointed the Dan Childs Study Group in March 1991 to review generally the intelligence community's performance, and he was shocked when it reported in May about how the NRO operated, and how intelligence was managed in the DoD. While the DCI thought that the air attacks in preparation for the invasion had been greatly overdone, he was shocked by what these departments had done - an apparent allusion to the Iranian earthquake. "This extraordinary statement," the Agency's own history of his performance as DCI recorded, "seemingly reflected a perception that the DCI was not in charge of some important changes being undertaken within the community he putatively led." (CIA's The Work of a Nation: The Center of Intelligence, "William Webster: Transition to Post-War Era," Chapter Ten)

While this led to Webster's hasty departure, disclosure of the construction of the Chantilly facility led to Faga's. Jimmy Hill, the NRO's long-time serving Deputy Director, took over to help it weather the storm, and he certainly was needed, as trouble kept occurring. Its biggest problem was the murder of its security guard, Tina Ricca, while on duty for Vance International at the construction site of the alleged Rockwell International Building in Westfields on November 6, 1994. It was not only the front for the new NRO building but also showed that the diversifying aerospace company was busy in supplying it with its high-energy, chemical iodine laser (COIL) to shoot up anything on the ground, worth shaking up. Rockwell moved its headquarters repeatedly during this period, and in May 1994 it had been awarded two contracts to make the airborne laser system fully operational. For those who like vivid logos, its was a cobra, spitting deadly poison at a rising ICBM during the booster stage, and with the motto of "Peace Through Light" - light which had the power of a thermonuclear explosion.

Ms. Ricca had been murdered for apparently helping disclose the NRO's runaway character to reporters like Steven Aftergood - who had a piece in the August/September 1994 issue of Secrecy and Government Bulletin, entitled "Get Smarter, Demystify the NRO" - and threatening to tell more about its most cozy relation with Rockwell International as she moved to a position with it in Australia. According to her father, John Ricca - just days after President Clinton declassified the existence of the new NRO headquarters - his daughter was shot dead by one bullet at cross range, and it was not reported to her employer for well over two hours. "It gave the CIA plenty of time to destroy whatever evidence there was before the police got on the scene," Rocca told reporter Bonnie Hobbs of the Centre View. Rocca was particularly upset because the Fairfield County police were just treating it as a common homicide which had no connection with the NRO, and seemed to have been an insider killing which The Washington Post had not even reported. "If (the CIA) doesn't want Congress and the Ways and Means Committee to know what happened," Ricca complained, "they're surely not going to tell me - especially if they're involved in it." (Ibid., "The Tina Ricca Murder," November 8, 1994.) When Ricca tried to get some worker compensation of her murder, Virginia's Worker's Compensation Commission trivialized it by claiming that her death occurred in 1993, and was the result of "a work accident". (VWC File No. 171-16-86)

The murder - especially since it has never been solved - had the desired effect upon any other potential whistleblower since even Mackenzie's survivors did not make mention of it when completing his manuscript, though they did make mention of the scandal at the NRO in a footnote regarding its use of Special Access Programs (SAPs) in building the new headquarters with a minimum of oversight and "an exotic level of secrecy" (p. 196) - what the joint venture with Rockwell International fitted to a tee. Matters got even more confused after a Fund for Constitutional Government panel discussion at the Capitol of Mackenzie's book which was dominated by personnel working in the media, particularly the Post's Bob Woodward and Walter Pincus, when David Martin aka DCDave asked Woodward why nothing had appeared in his paper about Tina's murder, the reporter looked pained, and said reluctantly that he would look into the matter if Martin briefed him about its details. After Martin did so, and asked Woodward to inform him when something appeared, he said he would do so, but he never did, leading Martin to conclude that the whole panel, which also included James Bamford, was just a pack of bird dogs, working for the spooks.

By this time, the whole Intelligence Community furor over Iran-Contra. Iraq-Gate, and the NRO was starting to simmer down, and Stillman resumed his campaign to tell tales about Russia and China to keep up for the pressure on Congress for additional funding. He was so upset about PERSEUS's continued spying for the communists that he went to the FBI special agent in charge in Santa Fe with his evidence against the suspect who was becoming wealthy because of it - an apparent allusion to what Peter Wright was raking in from the sales of Spy Catcher. After the Bureau's leading counterintelligence expert had seen Stillman's files and supporting evidence against PERSEUS, he was soon on the trail of Wen Ho Lee at Los Alamos, as Stillman had clearly indicated that the spy was an American. (p. 38) He was suspected of having given Beijing American secrets about the W88 warhead of its latest thermonuclear bomb, and it was only in 2000 that the government admitted that it was all a terrible mistake, and allowed Lee to be released after pleading guilty to one charge of mishandling non-classified information about nuclear weapons.

Then this same Bureau expert on spying, it seems, was claiming that the Chinese had tried to recruit at both labs scientists to provide data about their development of the neutron bomb aka "Tiger Trap". This alleged spying had started in the late '70s and continued into the middle '80s when Beijing, it seems, had stolen secrets about warhead W70. In 1988, China tested successfully its own neutron bomb, and passed its secrets along to Pakistan. About the hurried process, Reed wrote: During the 1980s, the Chinese developed a neutron bomb after four failed attempts. They were unabashedly concerned about their 'northern neighbor', Russia, and they were quite open about the studies done to confirm the ability of enhanced radiation weapons to destroy mobile tank forces without obliterating their own countryside." (p. 231) Thanks to Stillman's scare-mongering, Gwo-Bao Min, who had been fired from Lawrence Livermore for leaking classified material in the early '80, the FBI continued its pursuit of him but it came up with nothing.

At other times, Stillman continued to spread disinformation about China's nuclear capability, as Reed duly recorded: "On September 25, 1992, the Chinese tested a new and quite sophisticated primary. The test employed diagnostics beyond any U. S. capability at the time." (p. 231)

During a 1994 visit to China, Stillman learned through his friendly discussions with Chinese counterparts that the president of the Chinese Institute of Atomic Energy " 'had been spending a lot of time with scientists from Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan trying to sell them scientific equipment'." (Quoted from p. 229.) Reed made it quite clear that Saddam was still working on getting the bomb, and seemed quite confident that he would do so, thanks to his continual tricking IAEA inspectors. "In May 2007, the Congressional Research Service (CRS)," Reed explained, thanks to all the disinformation that Stillman had supplied it, "published a bill of particulars. Among other transgressions, that report noted that, immediately prior to the Iraqi Freedom War, China supplied Iraq with critically needed missile components. China also supplied Iraq with missile guidance software disguised as 'children's computer software.' " (p. 328)

Of course, this was the missing link that the Clinton administration had long wanted to close the noose around Slobodan Milosevic's neck - connecting Russia and China to Saddam's alleged WMD via Serbia. While Moscow had allegedly given Milosevic the capability to make a bomb, and he had passed it along to Baghdad, China had long provided the missile components to make Saddam's WMD threats deadly serious to Israel and beyond. And when Clinton learned that China was providing information to frustrate his bombing of Serbian forces to make them withdraw from Kosovo, he flattened its embassy in Belgrade on May 8, 1999 for converting a three-day bombing sortie into a three-month campaign. Of course, Stillman and Reed, contrary to the Chinese hosts, acted as if they had had no role in the process when it was just the tip of the iceberg that they had essentially created.

For more on this, see this link:

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/recent-mossad-undisclosed-false-flag-operations

Clinton was not satisfied with this result, though, going on to cause the earthquake in Ismit, Turkey for the assistance that its Demirel-Ecevit government had given Milosevic about NATO's aerial bombardment. Washington had resumed interest in the possible use of lasers in causing earthquakes after Rockwell International had sold its Aerospace and Defense divisions to Boeing in December 1997, and Secretary of Defense William Cohen had prepared the public about the possibilities of such man-made disasters in a speech he delivered at the University of Georgia earlier in the year. The NRO's high-energy, chemical iodine laser satellite had an ideal target in the sandy, qanat infested territory around Ismit, and Washington just added to Turkey's problems by sending in warships and marines to help in the cleanup when solid, across-the-board disaster reconstruction was needed.

The airborne laser had become the primary weapon in America's offensive arsenal.

Posted by: Tony Martinez Taylor ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:19AM

April Wrote:
> His name is Tony Martinez Taylor. He was found
> dead The listing states December 11, 1983 as day
> Unsure if this is the day they found him or the
> day he passed We had not heard from him from
> Thanksgiving on and i was away when detectives
> visited my Aunt and left her know what happened He
> was living in Washington DC when this happened.
>
> He was found in the 7000 block of Georgetown
> Pike, Great Falls
>
> Due to my being out of state i never got the full
> story of what they thought or who was handling the
> case etc
> I just am left with a lot of open Pain and loss
> and no way to close it ortry to heal it.

I wasn't able to find anything on the death or investigation of Tony Martinez Taylor.

Date: June 23, 2011 12:39PM

Thank you for trying

Posted by: Tony Martinez Taylor ()
Date: June 23, 2011 01:38PM

April Wrote:
> Thank you for trying

Are you sure he's dead? I wasn't able to locate an Obit for him either.

Posted by: Chris Evans ()
Date: July 06, 2011 06:29AM

Could you tell me who the Fairfax County Police investigators name?
Was it Bob Murphy?

Date: July 06, 2011 11:53AM

April Wrote:
> Thank you for trying

>Are you sure he's dead? I wasn't able to locate an Obit for him either.

Yes he is dead You can not locate a obit because he was not from this area and the family likely done ine in GA which is where he was from.
He is listed on the PDF shown on the top of the thread.
And believe me There is No way he would have left me and his unborn child and no way his family would have been going through their own hurt all these years.
I do not know who the investigator was or anything i was young and when it happened well i will not lie it sent me into a nervous breakdown.

Cold Case: Springfield 'Marion Murders' Go Unsolved
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: April 08, 2012 01:23PM

Cold Case: Springfield 'Marion Murders' Go Unsolved
Neighbors recount 2006 experience, and many still feel uneasy
By James Cullum
April 6, 2012
http://lorton.patch.com/articles/still-no-leads-in-springfield-marion-murders

Marion Newman and Marion Marshall had a lot in common, especially in the way they were murdered.

It's been almost six years since they were beaten to death in their homes—two single Springfield women in their 70s who didn't know each other, but had the same first name, no children, looked alike and lived in nearly identical red brick ramblers within three miles of each other. The victims were killed three months apart, and in both cases, there was no sign of a break-in.

Fairfax County Police have released no information on a suspect and have little to go on.

"The investigations into the murders of Marion Marshall and Marion Newman are open and continue to be investigated," said police spokesperson Shelley Broderick in an email to Patch. "Currently, detectives believe these two homicides were committed by the same suspect. This is a result of similarities in the two cases and evidence obtained in both investigations."

County police were mum on clues at the crime scenes, and the importance of a key piece of evidence has come into question. Shortly after Newman's murder, the Franconia District Police Station held a press conference and reported that Newman's custom-made diamond ring was missing and that the suspect may have ties to the Crestwood and Edsall Park communities.

"The ring has not been located," Broderick said. "However, we are not certain the ring was taken by the suspect. The ring has just not been found yet."

The County is offering a $1,000 reward for any information that leads to an arrest of a suspect in each murder. There are currently 82 Fairfax County cold cases going back to 1961, and most have the same reward.

Monday, Aug. 14, 2006

Marion Marshall, 72, was last seen alive at around 11:15 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2006, at the Giant Food store at the Bradlick Shopping Center in Annandale, according to a surveillance video obtained by police. Her body was discovered by neighbors at her home in the 6600 block of Bostwick Drive. Investigators determined that she was killed by trauma to the upper body and that there was no forced entry.

Neighbor Harold Johnson found Marshall's body. "Marion had an appointment with a friend of hers that morning in D.C. and she didn't show up," he said. "The friend showed up here in a taxicab that late afternoon and she knocked on my door. Marion's car was out there, and her friend was nervous about going over by herself, so a neighbor and I walked over with her. She had a key, so we walked in and there she was lying on the living room floor."

Marshall was on her back, Johnson said. "She had facial bruising and bruising on her arms," he said. "She had a heart condition, so at first I thought she'd had a heart attack and got bruised when she fell… Some of her groceries were still on the kitchen table when we walked in the house. It was like she got home and put the groceries down and there was a knock at the door. It was like he was waiting for her."

Johnson now carries a concealed firearm. "It really affected everybody, but especially my mother, who was a friend of hers. I'd gone out that day about the time it happened and my mother was home alone. It could have been her," he said. "I really want to see the cops catch this guy, but I feel like the only way it's going to happen is if he commits another crime and they match his DNA."

The murder shocked neighbor Barbara Hughes. "Everybody's scared now," she said. "My husband gets mad at me if I leave the front door unlocked."

Jose Bracdos and his family moved into the Marshall home in 2008 after it sold for $368,500. "It's safe, it's quiet," he said. "Last year, my truck was broken into and all my tools were stolen, but that's all that's happened."

Rose Henderson, 21, lives with her family next door to Marshall's house. "We were terrified and we stayed in the house. I was definitely not allowed out at night for a while," she said. "It used to be a nice neighborhood."

Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006

Marion Newman, 74, was last seen alive in the early evening on Nov. 20, 2006, visiting her 92-year-old mother at the Greenspring Retirement Community in Springfield. She was found the following afternoon in the bedroom of her home in the 7100 block of Reservoir Road by one of her mother's friends. There was no forced entry and the cause of death was determined to be trauma to the upper body.

Newman, who volunteered at her church and at local animal shelters, had a strict routine, according to friend and next-door neighbor Reba Fogle. "She called her mother every morning, visited and ate dinner with her from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and then returned home," she said. "That morning, I got a call from Marion's mother. She called me at about 1:00 in the afternoon and she said, 'Have you seen Sweety?' - that was her nickname for her. I said no, and I told her that her (Newman's) car was in the driveway. And she said, 'Well, tell her to call me because I'm worried about her.'"

Newman's mother asked a male neighbor at Greenspring to check on her daughter. "When he got there, the door was cracked open and the keys were in it, on the inside," Fogle said. "She was beaten and choked. The police asked me a bunch of questions because they didn't know anything. They had me go over to see if anything was stolen... I knew she was choked because they asked if she'd had throat surgery recently and I said no."

Newman's mother died of natural causes a few months after the murder.

Newman was married a number of times. "Marion's missing ring, the one that was stolen, was made from her engagement rings and it had three diamonds from three of her husbands," said Fogle, adding that she spoke with Newman daily over the course of 30 years. "We had a lot of fun. We also went through a lot of hard times too—everyday things."

The Newman house sold for $386,000 in 2007. "A real nice family lives there now," said Fogle, who remains unnerved. "Before she passed away, you could go to bed with the door open... I don't trust people after dark, so I don't go out to the car at night."

Not Knowing What to Look For

The murders resulted in an increased neighborhood watch campaign across Springfield. "But there was a feeling of helplessness," said Tawny Hammond, then-president of the Springfield Civic Association, of which Newman was a member. "We couldn't even help the police because we didn't know what to look for. There was no description of a car or the time of day the incident occurred or what the suspect looked like… I respect the professional protocols of the police, but we need more information from them on this case. The more time goes by, the colder it gets."

Bruce Waggoner is the current Springfield Civic Association president. "This is a terrible tragedy and we don't want to forget these ladies," he said. "We're keeping them in our hearts and minds and are praying that the police solve this case."

Anyone with information on the murders of Marion Newman or Marion Marshall is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or the police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131.
Attachments:
47c42dd0fe3fb39b9049b55588ce6b49.jpg
d0f4f0dab38284b64479e70344e9968c.jpg

Re: Cold Case: Springfield 'Marion Murders' Go Unsolved
Posted by: Cold Case Investigations ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:42AM

McGruff - The Crime Dog! Wrote:
> Cold Case: Springfield 'Marion Murders' Go
> Unsolved
> Neighbors recount 2006 experience, and many still
> feel uneasy
> By James Cullum
> April 6, 2012
> http://lorton.patch.com/articles/still-no-leads-in
> -springfield-marion-murders
>
> Marion Newman and Marion Marshall had a lot in
> common, especially in the way they were murdered.
>
> It's been almost six years since they were beaten
> to death in their homes—two single Springfield
> women in their 70s who didn't know each other, but
> had the same first name, no children, looked alike
> and lived in nearly identical red brick ramblers
> within three miles of each other. The victims were
> killed three months apart, and in both cases,
> there was no sign of a break-in.
>
> Fairfax County Police have released no information
> on a suspect and have little to go on.
>
> "The investigations into the murders of Marion
> Marshall and Marion Newman are open and continue
> to be investigated," said police spokesperson
> Shelley Broderick in an email to Patch.
> "Currently, detectives believe these two homicides
> were committed by the same suspect. This is a
> result of similarities in the two cases and
> evidence obtained in both investigations."
>
> County police were mum on clues at the crime
> scenes, and the importance of a key piece of
> evidence has come into question. Shortly after
> Newman's murder, the Franconia District Police
> Station held a press conference and reported that
> Newman's custom-made diamond ring was missing and
> that the suspect may have ties to the Crestwood
> and Edsall Park communities.
>
> "The ring has not been located," Broderick said.
> "However, we are not certain the ring was taken by
> the suspect. The ring has just not been found
> yet."
>
> The County is offering a $1,000 reward for any
> information that leads to an arrest of a suspect
> in each murder. There are currently 82 Fairfax
> County cold cases going back to 1961, and most
> have the same reward.
>
> Monday, Aug. 14, 2006
>
> Marion Marshall, 72, was last seen alive at around
> 11:15 a.m. on Aug. 14, 2006, at the Giant Food
> store at the Bradlick Shopping Center in
> Annandale, according to a surveillance video
> obtained by police. Her body was discovered by
> neighbors at her home in the 6600 block of
> Bostwick Drive. Investigators determined that she
> was killed by trauma to the upper body and that
> there was no forced entry.
>
> Neighbor Harold Johnson found Marshall's body.
> "Marion had an appointment with a friend of hers
> that morning in D.C. and she didn't show up," he
> said. "The friend showed up here in a taxicab that
> late afternoon and she knocked on my door.
> Marion's car was out there, and her friend was
> nervous about going over by herself, so a neighbor
> and I walked over with her. She had a key, so we
> walked in and there she was lying on the living
> room floor."
>
> Marshall was on her back, Johnson said. "She had
> facial bruising and bruising on her arms," he
> said. "She had a heart condition, so at first I
> thought she'd had a heart attack and got bruised
> when she fell… Some of her groceries were still
> on the kitchen table when we walked in the house.
> It was like she got home and put the groceries
> down and there was a knock at the door. It was
> like he was waiting for her."
>
> Johnson now carries a concealed firearm. "It
> really affected everybody, but especially my
> mother, who was a friend of hers. I'd gone out
> that day about the time it happened and my mother
> was home alone. It could have been her," he said.
> "I really want to see the cops catch this guy, but
> I feel like the only way it's going to happen is
> if he commits another crime and they match his
> DNA."
>
> The murder shocked neighbor Barbara Hughes.
> "Everybody's scared now," she said. "My husband
> gets mad at me if I leave the front door
> unlocked."
>
> Jose Bracdos and his family moved into the
> Marshall home in 2008 after it sold for $368,500.
> "It's safe, it's quiet," he said. "Last year, my
> truck was broken into and all my tools were
> stolen, but that's all that's happened."
>
> Rose Henderson, 21, lives with her family next
> door to Marshall's house. "We were terrified and
> we stayed in the house. I was definitely not
> allowed out at night for a while," she said. "It
> used to be a nice neighborhood."
>
> Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006
>
> Marion Newman, 74, was last seen alive in the
> early evening on Nov. 20, 2006, visiting her
> 92-year-old mother at the Greenspring Retirement
> Community in Springfield. She was found the
> following afternoon in the bedroom of her home in
> the 7100 block of Reservoir Road by one of her
> mother's friends. There was no forced entry and
> the cause of death was determined to be trauma to
> the upper body.
>
> Newman, who volunteered at her church and at local
> animal shelters, had a strict routine, according
> to friend and next-door neighbor Reba Fogle. "She
> called her mother every morning, visited and ate
> dinner with her from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and
> then returned home," she said. "That morning, I
> got a call from Marion's mother. She called me at
> about 1:00 in the afternoon and she said, 'Have
> you seen Sweety?' - that was her nickname for her.
> I said no, and I told her that her (Newman's) car
> was in the driveway. And she said, 'Well, tell her
> to call me because I'm worried about her.'"
>
> Newman's mother asked a male neighbor at
> Greenspring to check on her daughter. "When he got
> there, the door was cracked open and the keys were
> in it, on the inside," Fogle said. "She was beaten
> and choked. The police asked me a bunch of
> questions because they didn't know anything. They
> had me go over to see if anything was stolen... I
> knew she was choked because they asked if she'd
> had throat surgery recently and I said no."
>
> Newman's mother died of natural causes a few
> months after the murder.
>
> Newman was married a number of times. "Marion's
> missing ring, the one that was stolen, was made
> from her engagement rings and it had three
> diamonds from three of her husbands," said Fogle,
> adding that she spoke with Newman daily over the
> course of 30 years. "We had a lot of fun. We also
> went through a lot of hard times too—everyday
> things."
>
> The Newman house sold for $386,000 in 2007. "A
> real nice family lives there now," said Fogle, who
> remains unnerved. "Before she passed away, you
> could go to bed with the door open... I don't
> trust people after dark, so I don't go out to the
> car at night."
>
> Not Knowing What to Look For
>
> The murders resulted in an increased neighborhood
> watch campaign across Springfield. "But there was
> a feeling of helplessness," said Tawny Hammond,
> then-president of the Springfield Civic
> Association, of which Newman was a member. "We
> couldn't even help the police because we didn't
> know what to look for. There was no description of
> a car or the time of day the incident occurred or
> what the suspect looked like… I respect the
> professional protocols of the police, but we need
> more information from them on this case. The more
> time goes by, the colder it gets."
>
> Bruce Waggoner is the current Springfield Civic
> Association president. "This is a terrible tragedy
> and we don't want to forget these ladies," he
> said. "We're keeping them in our hearts and minds
> and are praying that the police solve this case."
>
> Anyone with information on the murders of Marion
> Newman or Marion Marshall is asked to call Crime
> Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or the police
> non-emergency number at 703-691-2131.

This is another curious case.

Posted by: *Bump* ()
Date: March 03, 2013 03:12PM

Bump

Posted by: Michele Gottlieb ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:10PM

My neighbor, Constance Hiner, was murdered in her home in Reston on January 2,1996. This case has never been solved. Is there new information?

Posted by: Constance Hiner Murder ()
Date: April 07, 2014 05:43AM

This is strange, I can't access the news stories for this particular murder unless I sign up for some sort of service.

Posted by: 4FYxY ()
Date: April 07, 2014 09:58AM

THERE IS a big problem with this. some people get paid for cold case we don't. it's about insulting to shovel cold cases on unpaid workers for the pay the investigators get

----------------------------------
well. my theory is sharon bulova remembered some girl she hated in HS and her name was Marion

too little information. who benefitted from the deaths? family? or was any land auctioned by the county (ie, did the county profit) ?

who is now on the land these dead women had been living their lives on ?

it could be petty crime, not necessarily

we here online know far too little

we can bet that family corruption and polititcal corruption are not to be immediately dismissed

------------------------------------
they did appear to have her name didn't they ?

but with 15+ murders/yr (i don't beleive you i think some of the horrendeously high number of white suicides are murders) a year ...

It could be coincidence that both were old women and named marion. HOWEVER they criminals may well have bank records of who is worth how much.

before the murder the coincidence of age and name and city occured, and statistically white old women in gang areas are just fodder for illegals

non-statistically the area was made into a ghetto by a corrupt gov

it was an area to be very proud of. keep that in mind.

Posted by: F4Ceh ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:03AM

ask her what inflation really is

Posted by: Ukdu3 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:24AM

supposedly self-inflicted from a .357 Magnum that was in the room. The exit wound was 1/4" by 1/2". The autopsy

---------------------------
do you mean there was evidence of injury before a gunshot and the coroner falsified the death record ?

i see no reason to think it wasn't a suicide if the parents had insurance on the boy's head (ie, through the company the boy worked for, or by the bank). easily they could be in denial and the situation describe was the result of suicide

easly a perp could use a weapon they knew of to stage a suicide, and any illegal immigrant fugative living off the grid, or smart nigga, would have no problems doing so.

this is two problems with "a massive increase in suicide". (1) due to poverty due to gov theft, was a republican (2) were not suicides

could have been drug related business or out of court "settlement" for a crime he did.

no case file just some odd comments. again few details

the coroner did not cross his testimony. if a jaw can break hitting the floor, yes maybe. if that could be the case here: no info.

again. who profitted ? or was there an eviction notice and gambling debt ? or maybe an eviction notice however he was setup to fail and he could not himself prove it ?

Posted by: Ye9Ey ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:30AM

It's been almost six years since they were beaten to death in their homes—two single Springfield women in their 70s who didn't know each other

beaten ? that is unusual isn't it ? someone was angry.

-------------------------------------
so back up. why did fx. co. have a homeless man everyone knew of with barely any aid and only given for near free labor ?

the environment in '72 was different. more poverty was allowed as to drifters, churches gave less to those who asked but gave and churches had more of the total control over charity than gov did (not incl. gov paychecks). there was a gas crunch. there were children not hardly eating. many could not afford parts for this or that. also in some states one could go to prison for being poor, ie GA.

hey! that means Hillary shoudl technically still be in prison ! :)

back up

Posted by: 6WFFc ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:37AM

Glimpses of America's Man-Made Disasters
by Trowbridge H. Ford

--------------------------
simply trying to jam the channel with facist parliamentary drivel

also in Clinton's time he'd have been arrested

Today, Obama and every county executive have many corruption charges of buying luxuries while neglecting duties: they are not investigated. The people complaining aren't drifter, they are engineers sometimes doctors. It is different, very different.

Posted by: wnv69 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 10:44AM

the Clinton administration had long wanted to close the noose around Slobodan Milosevic's neck

---------------------------
probably didn't know his name and never read the letter he sent

were busy setting up ear marked USA money and such

that clinton would sell us out to foreign powers i have no doubt

that it wasn't every day gov crime of selling out gov goods and selling heads, that it involved allot of intrigue: i doubt

it was the age of making laws against white men and laws to use illegals in our gov and to force USA to buy illegal foreign goods for USA contracts

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:00AM

How doesn't anyone know that old lady who killed herself in Pleasant Valley Memorial Park back in 1996 near the mausoleum??? Ugh!

Posted by: 9WF39 ()
Date: April 07, 2014 11:55AM

Michele Gottlieb Wrote:
> My neighbor, Constance Hiner, was murdered in her
> home in Reston on January 2,1996. This case has
> never been solved. Is there new information?

I can't view any of the articles on the case either.

­
Date: April 07, 2014 03:39PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 11:43PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Not safe ()
Date: April 09, 2014 04:49PM

Wow, I thought fairfax was a really safe place. I guess not all parts of it are safe

Date: October 19, 2014 07:57PM

Bump Hey McGruff, your link is Dead! How do I find the info on unsolved murders in Fairfax Co.??

Posted by: fracturedfairfax ()
Date: October 19, 2014 08:25PM

6X Wrote:
> Bump Hey McGruff, your link is Dead! How do I find
> the info on unsolved murders in Fairfax Co.??

Here's the original PDF, saved from the memory hole.

The newest case is the Diamond Ring murders of Marion Newman and Marion Marshall which happened in the summer and fall of 2006.

The document itself was created in March of 2010, so I suspect they took it down because it was out of date.

Absolutely Nothing You Need to Know About Fairfax County

Fractured Fairfax

https://www.fracturedfairfax.com
Unnatural Deaths in Fairfax County Map

Attachments:
homicideunit.pdf

Date: October 20, 2014 06:30PM

Thanks Chuck. Not sure why it was taken down the murders are still all unsolved. I was looking for info on the woman & child found inside a trash can at the bottom of the pond in Springfield by Vulcan. It was a old hangout back in the day. Your PDF does not give any additional info on any of the cases past the first page. Have the cops given up on solving any of these murders?

Posted by: ted ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:58PM

Why?

­
Date: February 17, 2015 07:01PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 01:18AM by chuckhoffmann.

Obama's Approval Rating with Military? 15%
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 17, 2015 07:04PM

"the Vulcan Material pond"

Hope they catch the bastard.

I know that pond, never heard the story, this gave me a fucked up visual.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 12:47PM by WingNut.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.