HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins problems
Posted by: bender ()
Date: December 02, 2007 10:52PM

I think the team has too many coaches for one thing. That could be a problem with getting plays called in before the thirty second clock runs down. Def a loss in communication with too many bosses.

Also Campbell seems to be afraid to take a hit. I mean going to the ground as soon as someone gets near rather than gain the extra five yards. Campbell is a big guy so he shouldnt be scared to take a hit. Gibbs looks like he has no idea what is going on and appears puzzled by the plays that are being called.

I think the defense plays above average but the offense is just three and out so the defense cant even catch their breath. I just see the same calls over and over, Portis, Portis, Pass, Punt. I really think a new coach is needed and more on the field leaders to step forward. I have heard Bill Cowhers name being thrown around. He is a good one to put some of these guys in line who just show up to get a check.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Redskins problems
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: December 03, 2007 12:46AM

If the Skins weren't the laughing stock of the league before, they certainly are now.
That was so embarrassing! I guess all of us fans have to start looking to next season already. This really sucks!

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 03, 2007 08:45AM

i wouldn't bother looking ahead at all. A lot of people have been saying the skins are in semi-permanent limbo and I began to agree early in the season. They just give up as the game goes on, no matter what. They need a complete cultural change for the team... and that starts at Joe Gibbs going away if he truly has control of the team, and Dan Snyder going away if Joe Gibbs does NOT in fact have control. No chance of Snyder going away, so if Gibbs leaves and the skins can't do it, I would count on the team continuing in limbo for years.

Even the years they made the playoffs under Snyder, they did it in easy seasons and didn't have any heart when they got to the dance...

I also believe firmly Joe Gibbs will die because of football if he keeps coaching or even being team president. He has apparently gotten back into most of the bad dietary and other lifestyle habits he had when he coached the team before, and it damn near killed him that time.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:49AM

I've given up on the Redskins. I don't understand why a team insists on repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

First, Jason Campbell cannot read zone coverage in the End Zone when the team is in the Red Zone. QUIT CALLING THE SAME CURL ROUTE IN THE END ZONE!!!! It's obvious Campbell can't hit it and it's obvious the other teams' defenses are looking for it. QUIT IT!!!

Either protect Campbell from behind or teach the guy to step into the pocket when outside protection starts to break down. Getting hit from behind is Campbell's Achilles heal, yet the Skins are doing little if anything to protect him or change the way he rolls out of the pocket.

When you are at 3rd and Goal, PUNCH IT IN!!! Don't throw it. Don't do a reverse. Don't run on the outside. Put your fullback, tight ends, etc. and PUNCH IT IN!

And never, ever, call back-to-back time outs. How the hell can Gibbs have been a coach in this league off and on for 30 years and not know something that even the most pedestrian of fans knows?

Ugh. Ugh.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 03, 2007 09:57AM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> When you are at 3rd and Goal, PUNCH IT IN!!! Don't
> throw it. Don't do a reverse. Don't run on the
> outside. Put your fullback, tight ends, etc. and
> PUNCH IT IN!

Yeah, whatever happened to the "Heavy Jumbo" play Gibbs ran back in the '80s and '90s? They'd put four TEs in and Gerald Riggs would basically shuffle into the endzone untouched. I know Mike Sellers is out, but he's the perfect guy for that sort of thing.

I truly think the game has gone over Gibbs' head. I also don't think he can relate to the players in a football way anymore. He may be a good mentor or inspiration, but I think by the time he came back so many things had changed it made any chance of him getting comfortable a bit far-fetched.

Date: December 03, 2007 10:53AM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:

> First, Jason Campbell cannot read zone coverage in
> the End Zone when the team is in the Red Zone.
> QUIT CALLING THE SAME CURL ROUTE IN THE END
> ZONE!!!! It's obvious Campbell can't hit it and
> it's obvious the other teams' defenses are looking
> for it. QUIT IT!!!

I agree. To me, Campbell holds on to the ball too long. By the time he's ready to throw, the receivers have already finished their routes and have to come back to the ball. That's why so many of the receivers are stopped when they catch it.

> Either protect Campbell from behind or teach the
> guy to step into the pocket when outside
> protection starts to break down. Getting hit from
> behind is Campbell's Achilles heal, yet the Skins
> are doing little if anything to protect him or
> change the way he rolls out of the pocket.

That's true too. Don't they ever watch film of Brady or Manning?

> When you are at 3rd and Goal, PUNCH IT IN!!! Don't
> throw it. Don't do a reverse. Don't run on the
> outside. Put your fullback, tight ends, etc. and
> PUNCH IT IN!

They Can't! This offensive line has absolutely no authority. They simply aren't nasty and mean enough. They are also nowhere near the size of the hogs.

> And never, ever, call back-to-back time outs. How
> the hell can Gibbs have been a coach in this
> league off and on for 30 years and not know
> something that even the most pedestrian of fans
> knows?

Agreed. "Could any hell be more horrible than now and real?"

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: December 03, 2007 07:55PM

Bad thing is to remake a NFL team into a contender takes at least three years. We have been waiting too long for a positive result, people are getting pissed. Esp when no other team in Washington seems to be worth a crap. Washington seems to own last place in all sports.

I think the Skins biggest problem is no leaders on the field. When you have a Tom Brady the team will think this is a guy who can lead us down the field if everyone does his part. A defensive player like Mike Singletary from the old Bears. Guys knew he was there and could depend on him to make a play to change the game around. Even further back to Roger Staubach, the Cowboys knew if anyone could turn the game around it was him. The skins havent had someone like that in years.

Posted by: Gibb's Dementia ()
Date: December 03, 2007 08:57PM

He will be in the ground with Taylor by February.

Posted by: Training Camo ()
Date: December 03, 2007 11:39PM

The problems start with having training camp in Ashburn. Great for the fans, terrible for the players. Bus them to PA and let them live in the dorms for two weeks. These guys are spoiled.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 04, 2007 07:03AM

Training Camo has a good point about, uh, training camp. Snyder is a moron.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: December 04, 2007 08:02AM

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN....

THE SKINS SUCK!

Date: December 04, 2007 10:40AM

like2eat@theY Wrote:
> I'VE SAID IT BEFORE, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN....
>
>
>
> THE SKINS SUCK!

Thank you for your poignant appraisal.

Date: December 04, 2007 05:46PM

Brady proved my point last night. They marched down the field and scored the go ahead touchdown with less than a minute. The other 10 guys on offense knew he could take them to the end zone and he did it.
Throughout NFL history you have guys that are true leaders and the rest of the team has faith in and follows. You only need to look at the superbowl teams to see the same pattern. The redskins lack a real leader and have for years. The coach can only do so much and he is on the sidelines, it takes a player out on the field to generate the kind of leadership they need.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: December 04, 2007 08:32PM

hold em Wrote:
> Brady proved my point last night. They marched
> down the field and scored the go ahead touchdown
> with less than a minute. The other 10 guys on
> offense knew he could take them to the end zone
> and he did it.
> Throughout NFL history you have guys that are true
> leaders and the rest of the team has faith in and
> follows. You only need to look at the superbowl
> teams to see the same pattern. The redskins lack a
> real leader and have for years. The coach can only
> do so much and he is on the sidelines, it takes a
> player out on the field to generate the kind of
> leadership they need.

Super Bowl "Leaders"

Trent Dilfer
Jeff Hostetler

Date: December 04, 2007 09:24PM

Doesnt have to be the QB who leads the team. Of 40 super bowls, 21 mvps were not quarterbacks. Including Desmond Howard for Green Bay who the Redskins traded away.
My point is everyone on the skins is waiting for someone else to step forward and motivate the team, it just isn't happening.

Posted by: Secret Azn Man ()
Date: December 04, 2007 10:12PM

1. The skins have too much emphasis on "EXPERIENCE." From assistant coaches to players.

Players that are long on Credentials are great. But long on Potential is greater.

Snyder, Gibbs, Cerrato, all need to get tossed, or realize this.

"Knowing the offense" is no substitute for playmaking ability. Time after time, we have jettisoned our high-potential rookies/developing sophomores in order to retain mediocre lifetime Skins, and/or to acquire high-price aging superstars past their prime, and/or veteran bench players from other teams that "know the offense".

I bet if you researched the avg age of all the teams the last 20 years,
The Skins under Gibbs II would be in the top 10 for oldest teams. While the Skins under Gibbs I would be in the top 15 for youngest.
Our offensive coordinator looks as old as Santa Clause up in the booth. Look at the Patriots, Cowboys, etc. They have young, innovative, crafty Off. coordinators that can stay on top of the game and take it to new and higher directions. Meanwhile we have these old foggeys who want to keep the game as traditional and conservative as possible. Joe Bugal, Al Saunders... Retirement should be mandatory for coordinators at 65.

Hopefully, G.Williams will be made head coach next season and he can bring in a bunch of new young assistant coaches who will bring in an offense that is more current, along with young players who don't create huge salary cap hits which weakens our depth.

Posted by: Training Camp, not camo....that was a ()
Date: December 04, 2007 11:48PM

HELLO.....leadership, playmaking ability, and all the other things it takes to win are developed in training camp....away from civilization. Look, when you go from million buck homes to dorms at Latrobe College (or where ever the will go, if hey go), it is a humbling experience. Sleeping on a twin size bed, hardly any A/C etc. makes these pros realize they are one injury or one rookie away from the ghetto or country or any other place they came from. So you realize that if you want to keep earing the "5" million a year (2.5 mil if you dont meet performance standards), you gotta produce on the field, NOT to mention the biggest factor, creating a TEAM. It is a chance for everybody in the organization to focus in and get a singular goal in mind and for two weeks just focus on that stuff. Don't believe me, check out Marty when we were 8-8. his practices wore us out, but at least we were a tough team.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: December 07, 2007 01:30PM

I'm kind of surprised there is no Redskins chatter after last night's win.

It is interesting to note that Todd Collins lit up the field with Al Saunders offense. The guy stayed in the pocket and seemed to time the routes well. I don't ever recall guys coming open like Portis, Cooley, etc, did when Campbell or Brunell were running the offense. Collins doesn't have Campbell's arm, but he doesn't seem to be a serial fumbler/INT guy either. Hmmmm.

Date: December 07, 2007 03:00PM

I wouldnt get too excited it was just the Bears, not exactly the monstors of the midway era Bears either

Date: December 07, 2007 03:17PM

Anyone else catch the part where the fan ran onto the playing field? They cut it real quick. Years back some idiot tried that when the Baltimore Colts were playing. LB Mike Curtis saw the guy and gave him a hit that bent the guy like a pretzel. Curtis was one of the toughest players ever. They said if someone on offense screwed up Curtis would wait for the guy on the sideline to threaten him with physical harm. Sure miss the good ole days of football.

Posted by: Quesarito ()
Date: March 01, 2016 01:49AM

PEnis PRoblems?

Posted by: Wordmoneydipset ()
Date: March 01, 2016 01:34PM

Redskins are racist.

Posted by: Voice of Reason ()
Date: March 01, 2016 06:27PM

The age of this thread just goes to show that the Redskins have some serious and fundamental problems they need to solve to become a championship team.

Posted by: Notre Gay ()
Date: March 03, 2016 03:36PM

yes we do

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.