HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hit and Run Recovery
Posted by: Grunt ()
Date: December 02, 2007 08:10PM

Two weeks ago I was coming back from my friends house heading back home pretty late almost in the morning with drunks and truckers. I stopped at a traffic light and I was the first one in line. All of the sudden I heard a big crash and I see a pathfinder come around and blow pass the light. I went after the guy realizing it was a hit and run and got the guys license plate and then came back to the victim. The girl was ok and we ended up calling the police to make a report. I gave the plate number to the cops and they took down my personnel information then they said that if they need me to identify the suspect or I need to be in court as a witness I will be notified. I decided to go look for the guy myself and guess what.....found him. The car was parked in the apartment complex across from mine. The police officer that respnded to our call gave me his card so police department dispatched me to him and I told him where the car located. He asked me to wait until he got there. He basically got the street address , thanked me and left. I am just wondering is this somehow or in someway placed on my record, I am not looking for recogniton but just want to know if this is somehow attached to my record.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hit and Run Recovery
Posted by: fd ()
Date: December 02, 2007 08:15PM

what record?

Date: December 02, 2007 08:32PM

I don't know that's why I am asking you.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 02, 2007 09:12PM

Your info may be included in the officer's report, but if you are looking for some recognition when you get pulled over next time I doubt that's coming.

Personally after you went to the trouble of getting the plate number (which was nice) and supplied it to the officer I'd let them handle it. If you go looking for the guy or start hanging around where he is, you could put yourself in danger. The driver was already hauling ass and could have been a carjacker or a robber, possible dangerous and may react violently to people looking for him. I don't know that going after him for a plate number was necessarily the wisest thing to do... if you followed him and then circumstances left you both at a stop light, who's to know that he won't hop out and shoot you? The cops communicate with auto body shops and they'll get whoever it was. It is nice to have people around who care though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 09:16PM by pgens.

Date: December 02, 2007 09:31PM

ha, I actually came face to face with the person couple of days later. Unless they have a gun I wouldnt worry much and I was in my crappy rental and yes I do care. Shit like that just pisses me off

Posted by: giggit ()
Date: December 05, 2007 08:41PM

I have a question about this topic if you know anything about it. I actually bumped someone from behind and we both pulled over, well there was no damage to any of our cars, so the drivers wife said i don't see any damage, so i left the scene because they said it was just a bump, well 4 days later the guy calls my parents house saying that the liscence plate that he received was in a hit and run, so he must of went to the police station filed a report and got my fathers information which the car is under his name. He told me father he did not want to get the insurance involved but his bumper was cracked. what should I do?

Posted by: joe ()
Date: December 05, 2007 08:54PM

giggit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what should I do?

Absolutely nothing.

Posted by: fd ()
Date: December 05, 2007 09:35PM

It is not a hit and run because you stopped and checked on the party. At the time of the collision both parties decided it was a bump and not worth further action. How do you know they didn't damage the fender after your bump? You will face no criminal charges, however they may sue you civilly. The decent thing would be to pay for any damage you caused.

Date: December 06, 2007 11:37AM

"ha, I actually came face to face with the person couple of days later. The dude was 4'9" and whipped my faggotity ass to a pulp.Shit like that just pisses me off."

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 06, 2007 11:48AM

Actually, a report of your assistance does go on record with Chipotle....you're now entitled to one free burrito and drink per week at any Chipotle location in Fairfax County. Just give the cashier a photo ID and let him/her know you're on the "Heroes List" and then place your order.

Date: December 07, 2007 12:12AM

shit ill take free chipotle

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.