HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Metrowest prices
Posted by: Interested Buyer ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:24PM

So metro west is going to consist of mostly townhouses and condos any idea of a ballpark the condo fees will be, or the initial pricing on the units..seems like it could be a solid investment opportunity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Metrowest prices
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: May 19, 2011 06:26AM

umm, call a real estate agent.

And I would highly recommend that someone with your intelligence and means buy a couple of one bedroom condos as an investment. What could possibly go wrong?

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: May 31, 2011 06:48PM

Real estate across the nation has started having second dip. The SF units across Dunn Loring went down almost 12% during past two years. Not a good property for investment at this time unless you can wait for a decade or more.

Posted by: Nextdoorneighbor ()
Date: June 02, 2011 12:07PM

An Arm and a LEg maybe a couple eyes and ears.

Posted by: Sam ()
Date: June 03, 2011 04:42PM

It is not an affordable community. Here's the info:

Floor Plan Square Footage Bedrooms/Baths/Powder Rooms Available Homesites
Blake 1,448 sf 3 BR/3 BA/1 PR 149–154
Stuart 1,942 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR 199–204
Tyler 2,470 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR 86–92

The smallest unit BLAKE (1448 sf) will be priced around 500,000 !

huh!

Posted by: kdubz ()
Date: June 03, 2011 05:03PM

hey sam, where did you get this figure? is it just a guess or did someone tell you? i was guessing in the high 400s for the smallest townhome sans any upgrades.

Posted by: Jazzy Juice ()
Date: June 03, 2011 11:49PM

Sam is correct on the models and square footage and lot size.
but he has no clue about the pricing
The pricing doesn't come out until Monday for those in the know.
With that said.. I can see the biggest one - Tyler going for $700K - easily.

Date: June 04, 2011 12:56AM

jazzy, everyone in nova is on the vip list and i know when the prices will be public. i wondered if sam was connected in away that made him aware of the prices, now.

Posted by: Sign Me Up ()
Date: June 04, 2011 06:07PM

looking to move

Posted by: Sam ()
Date: June 06, 2011 05:56AM

Prices I mentioned are not guess but figures given by a reliable source. Does anyone see these prices reasonable? For me they are highly unrealistic expectation from Pulte (builder).

Date: June 06, 2011 09:52AM

cool sam, thanks for the info.

Date: June 06, 2011 09:59AM

there are a lot of dumbasse$ in nova that would have paid this 4 years ago but people are smarter about homebuying. now there are just enough dumbasse$ left to fill each of these units. pulte will be fine. the townhomes right beside metrowest go for around $680.000 for the 4 bedrooms. and they sell. the timing of this will be great for pulte, because when the silver line gets further along it will be a huge smartgrowth housing draw. vienna will be a dead end line with little draw other than housing and the comm. of metro west and the merrifield revamp.

"It was the Moors, not the Moops."
Posted by: Bubble Boy ()
Date: June 06, 2011 10:00AM

They're comparable to Midtown in RTC. Both very overpriced. I see 1brs at Midtown still priced at 500K+. Meanwhile,there are plenty of rentals there for as low as 1700/mo.

Posted by: kdoubl ()
Date: June 06, 2011 12:12PM

i would stab myself in the eye with an icicle made of magic johnson's blood before i would pay $500k+ for a 1bdrm at reston town center.

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: June 06, 2011 04:12PM

Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is not an affordable community. Here's the
> info:
>
>
> Floor Plan Square Footage Bedrooms/Baths/Powder
> Rooms Available Homesites
> Blake 1,448 sf 3 BR/3 BA/1 PR
> 149–154
> Stuart 1,942 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR
> 199–204
> Tyler 2,470 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR
> 86–92
>
>
> The smallest unit BLAKE (1448 sf) will be priced
> around 500,000 !
>
> huh!

So, it's Monday... were Sam's prices on the money?

Date: June 06, 2011 04:17PM

yes.

Posted by: n ()
Date: June 06, 2011 04:18PM

Floor Plan Square Footage Beds/Baths/Powder Rooms Homesites Pricing
Blake 1,448 sf 3 BR/3 BA/1 PR 149–154 $499,990–$530,930
Stuart 1,942 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR 199–204 $625,430–$655,330
Tyler 2,470 sf 3 BR/2 BA/2 PR 86–92 $731,880–$766,980

Posted by: gay names ()
Date: June 06, 2011 06:14PM

Those condo names are awful.

Posted by: hairy tootles ()
Date: June 06, 2011 06:28PM

gay names Wrote:
> Those condo names are awful.

Not as gay as your name, Harry.

Date: June 06, 2011 07:33PM

gay names Wrote:
> Those condo names are awful.

Typical names for anything in the DC area.

Where pretentiousness is in the water.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: June 13, 2011 10:50PM

620,000 base price for a 1950 sq ft town home !

Highly overpriced

Posted by: HamptonsCap ()
Date: June 15, 2011 12:27AM

I agree those prices are a bit aggressive even for this (recovering) market. If anyone is interested in buying a condo I would suggest looking at the Marquis next to the metro station or Hunter's Branch on the opposite side and next to Metrowest. A quick look at the MLS and you can pay far less for a well maintained condo. 2BRs run $340,000-$400,000. 3BRs $400,000-$450,000.

HC
(Licensed Realtor VA)

Posted by: Toopoortobuy ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:59AM

The problem with those condos are the ungodly high condo fees, betweeen 300 - 600. I guess I'll end up trying to go for those low income spots in tysons since my household income just breaks 100,000k :(

Posted by: HamptonsCap ()
Date: June 15, 2011 11:31AM

Rule of thumb - average condo fees should run about $.35-.40 per square foot of the unit. So a 1,000 sqft condo would be in the $350-$400/mo range. Anyone looking to buy new condos needs to perform due diligence and read the condo docs, especially the projected budget and expenses.

HC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 11:32AM by HamptonsCap.

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: June 15, 2011 02:51PM

Pulte is trying to make another bubble with this community.

What a day dreaming !

Posted by: no brainer ()
Date: June 15, 2011 02:57PM

Who would pay that for a condo? You could find a SFH closer in with the same or more sq.ft. Plus, no condo fees.

Posted by: Thigh Master ()
Date: June 15, 2011 03:00PM

If all goes well, the next project will combine hedonism and high prices. It'll be called the Metrosexual.

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: August 30, 2011 03:59PM

Metrowest is highly overpriced. We had their Hard Hat tour last week and shocked to see the size and layout of their TH. Seriously, 510K TH feels like a pigeon hole. Just, it is near Metro doesn't mean that people should pay their arm and leg to get a 'box' . Metro is not cheap either, commute to DC cost approx. $9 a day (price of one week's gas). Also, what will happen when it rains or snow? you have to walk to Metro! metro is not very flexible option in terms of money and commute time. Zestimate of Metrowest TH is less than half of selling price. Check on zillow.com

Posted by: Developer ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:17PM

Hey, those names belong to my kids. How dare you call them gay.

Posted by: Robert or Robuva? ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:56PM

Wow, I saw this exact post on the City-data forum. What's your agenda, Robert/Robuva? Why are you trying to bash Metrowest on the internet? Who do you work for?

Scroll down to Robuva
http://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/811517-metro-west-development-vienna-metro-7.html

Posted by: sling blade ()
Date: August 30, 2011 08:38PM

kdoubl Wrote:
> i would stab myself in the eye with an icicle made
> of magic johnson's blood before i would pay $500k+
> for a 1bdrm at reston town center.

I would rather jerk off with a sand paper glove in the center of town before i would pay $500k+ for a 1bdrm @ the reston town center

Posted by: NAHB ()
Date: September 01, 2011 07:21AM

Every now and then you see offerings like this where the home builders and/or the agents put a listing up hoping the "good old days" are back. Maybe a few idiots sign up, but the rest will negotiate significant discounts.

And I also have no idea why someone would pay so much for a condo in RTC.

Posted by: Mattw ()
Date: September 01, 2011 10:20PM

Check the city-data discussion:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/811517-metro-west-development-vienna-metro.html

I think it is pricey but not way over priced.. Where else can you find brand new townhomes walkable to metro in great school districts for $500K-$600K?
There is a premium for new construction as is for being close to metro and being in good school districts.

Posted by: Mattw2 ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:34PM

The Mosaic project is coming up in Fall 2012 and it looks like a cool walkable community. The townhomes look more interesting to me but it is not walkable to the metro (about 1 mile away, I believe)

It's difficult finding parking in Vienna metro as it is usually filled up early so I think the place right on Vienna Metro definitely command that kind of premium.

Posted by: CERTenletl445454 ()
Date: September 02, 2011 06:20PM

me knows thinks that Metro decideded on the prices to use the station. i thinks it will be a lot mores to pay for it. likes 10 dollars pluse the costs of the regular trips from the falls church to wears you want to goes.

Posted by: metroman ()
Date: September 03, 2011 02:48PM

Mattw2 Wrote:
> The Mosaic project is coming up in Fall 2012 and
> it looks like a cool walkable community. The
> townhomes look more interesting to me but it is
> not walkable to the metro (about 1 mile away, I
> believe)
>
> It's difficult finding parking in Vienna metro as
> it is usually filled up early so I think the place
> right on Vienna Metro definitely command that kind
> of premium.

Dunn loring is pretty close, i would say a bunch of people in Mosaic would walk to the metro. Except on bad weather day. I thought i remember a plan to upgrade dunn lorning parking to a parking garage, could be mistaken.

Posted by: Matt3 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 12:33PM

As of now, they have already sold 23 units. Not a super impressive number given that there are 218 units but none of the building is completed and there is no model home yet.

Posted by: WaitAMinute ()
Date: September 13, 2011 12:44PM

Robert Wrote:
> Metro is not cheap either, commute to DC
> cost approx. $9 a day (price of one week's gas).
>

If you can commute from RTC to DC every workday for $9 a week, please let us know what you are driving. Lots of people would love that kind of gas mileage.

Posted by: Cost? ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:33PM

How much does it cost to commute from Fairfax to DC on metro each day?

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:53PM

Cost? Wrote:
> How much does it cost to commute from Fairfax to
> DC on metro each day?

Depends on where the trip originates and ends and if you park at a metro. You can calculate a trip at http://www.wmata.com.

Posted by: So from Metrowest ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:11PM

I guess it would be $9.00 a day. Unless Metrowest gives you a discount on Metro.

I am confused. How does living at MW save you any money? Why not just live in the city of Falls Church. They have a lot of great condos. Plus great schools.

Posted by: Matt4 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:24PM

I don't think that it will save you any money. but Falls Church is not cheaper. Newer construction in Falls Church area also prices at $300+ per sq feet and there is not many places that are walkable to the metro.

To be fair, you have to compare them with newer constructions. There aren't that many in Falls Church area. Here are a few I can think of:

- The Broadway on west broad st. This is a condo and is priced around $300 per sq-feet. Plus you will have to pay $700+ per month for the condo fee.
- The Bryon also on west broad st. About the same price as above if not slightly more. Enjoy paying $900+ per month for the condo fee!
- There were also some newer townhomes near Great falls st but they are quite a hike from the metro station and they are also price at $300+ per sq feet.

There were condos and townhomes built in 2005 on Westmoreland st and Washington Blvd which is walkable to East Falls Church metro and they were priced around $700K-$800K. (These are in Arlington though) But the area is very close to I-66 and it doesn't look as pleasant as what MetroWest could be.

Falls Church is definitely not cheaper and there aren't any options that are considered to be walkable to the metro station.

Posted by: Matt5 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:41PM

Wow, it seem like robuva is really angry at MetroWest.. see his latest post in CD forum here..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/811517-metro-west-development-vienna-metro.html

Posted by: Harry sax ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:50PM

I would rather jerk off with a sand paper glove than pay $700 to $ 8000 for a condo or townhome in this area.

Posted by: Matt6 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 01:51PM

Whether the prices are too high or not, about 40 units have already been sold..

Posted by: took a look ()
Date: November 11, 2011 12:58AM

I went into the models. Hope you like stairs.

Posted by: rusty trombone ()
Date: November 11, 2011 08:35PM

took a look Wrote:
> I went into the models. Hope you like stairs.

hope you like getting fucked in the ass. No fuckin way is the price worth what you get. maybe if you pay that much you must enjoy getting fucked?

Posted by: sharon b ()
Date: November 11, 2011 09:14PM

I heard the really nice units are already set for section 8, enjoy your new neighbors and try to make friends with their pit bull and ten kids

Posted by: Jazz Juice ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:31PM

sharon b Wrote:
> I heard the really nice units are already set for
> section 8, enjoy your new neighbors and try to
> make friends with their pit bull and ten kids

Sharon B (I'm sure the B stands for b*tch or blonde - i.e. dumb)
Where did you "hear" this?
And exactly is a "really nice" unit in a new Townhouse community?
What about the not so "really nice" units?
Stop speaking out of your ass. No one believes your BS. You're probably one of those NIMBYs who didn't want the development built. You lost during the zoning phase and you are STILL a LOSER now.

Posted by: Haterade ()
Date: November 15, 2011 06:27PM

No matter what haters say, the demand speaks for itself. The haters are just either people who can't afford to buy there but wish they could. Or are now underwater because they bought a place that doesn't have amenities that hold value like Metro West does.

An no, I never bought at Metro West nor am in the market. I just don't see the point to being a hater.

Posted by: dctrader ()
Date: November 16, 2011 03:27PM

Went into the model too and they looked pretty good actually. I was a bit skeptical about the size of the model but they turned out pretty nice. The smallest unit (Blake) offer quite a value -- you get 3 BR and each has a private bath, it is a bit narrow but doesn't feel too narrow. We love the mid-sized unit (Stuart) the best as the unit feel so spacious and open. The largest unit (Tyler) is really spacious, there are a lot of storage space but it is also priced very high ($750K+ with options)

It's all about location, location and location. Once the park, retails, condo and office space are completed, I am pretty sure that the price will only go up. It's just a matter of when will those be completed.

Posted by: Matt7 ()
Date: February 28, 2012 02:06PM

Seem like they are doing pretty well, not bad but not extraordinary. about 65 units sold so far -- at this rate everything will be sold in the next 1.5 year ?

Posted by: T ()
Date: September 02, 2012 08:21AM

W

Posted by: Curious G ()
Date: September 02, 2012 08:24AM

Any idea on how many units sold so far.

Posted by: Mr. Pulte ()
Date: September 06, 2014 11:49PM

All the townhome condos and townhouses are sold. 2 of the elevator condo buildings are completely sold. They are building 3 more, 1 of which is 70% sold and 2 more which haven't begun construction yet.

The area despite all the naysaying is hot and prices are going up.

Buy

Posted by: Disappointed ()
Date: September 07, 2014 12:38AM

Might all be true, but Pulte had the opportunity to make a real statement at Metro West by producing a visionary product that people would point to for years. They failed. They've been quite outdone by Edens, Halstead, Mill Creek, and Hitt just a few miles to the east. The finishing touches at MW aren't in yet, so maybe it's too early to make a final call, but it's late in the game, and things aren't looking too good for the Pulte side.

Date: September 09, 2014 01:26AM

I agree hands down, even the mosaic product is higher end already boasting hire sale prices for equivalent size units. That area is 70% sold out and the main competitor that Metrowst is targeting. There is alot planned for the final phases (est complete 2017) that include a unique bar, grocery store, boutique retail shops..no Angelika or huge magnet like Target however.

The strength for these units will be in their proximity to 2 arterial highways and right on the metro, but compared to the Mosaic TOD it is the "affordable" option.

The hardest thing I believe, is people refusing to accept the density increase coming in the next decade. Condo living in NoVa will become the norm, SFH and TH will become pricier and as they run out of new metrostops to attach homes too the prices will continue to rise from the epicenter out.

13 - 15% increases in both areas annually over the last three years..how much longer can that last?

Posted by: doubledip? ()
Date: September 09, 2014 08:46AM

Jason Wrote:
> Real estate across the nation has started having
> second dip. The SF units across Dunn Loring went
> down almost 12% during past two years. Not a good
> property for investment at this time unless you
> can wait for a decade or more.

No double dip occurred. Yet again another shitless republican hoping that the USA fails due to politics, double dip my balls in your mouth teabagger.

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: September 09, 2014 06:53PM

I went to a meeting in our community last night. They are building right next to us next year. It is across from metro west on route 29. Townhouses will sell for up to 1 million. Will hate that it takes away forest and all the noise the next 3 or 4 years but they say it will increase our housing.

Date: September 10, 2014 01:23PM

There's one TH listed by a re-seller trying to game a 100k off the action. Depending on how much that drops before it closes will set the precidence for the area.

http://www.fairfaxva.gov/home/showdocument?id=1696

14+ and you can see that eventually the entire area is being reformed from the top down

Posted by: history lesson ()
Date: September 10, 2014 01:31PM

doubledip? Wrote:
> Jason Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Real estate across the nation has started
> having
> > second dip. The SF units across Dunn Loring
> went
> > down almost 12% during past two years. Not a
> good
> > property for investment at this time unless you
> > can wait for a decade or more.
>
>
> No double dip occurred. Yet again another shitless
> republican hoping that the USA fails due to
> politics, double dip my balls in your mouth
> teabagger.

Not in this area, but if you look at the time the post was made in 2011, DC was the only market without a double dip. It was prudent to be cognizant of it at the time.

Not sure why you needed to make it a political thing as it doesn't appear to be political by the person who made the statement. Take off your blinders, put down the propaganda and learn to think for yourself.

Posted by: Metrogoin ()
Date: September 14, 2014 12:45AM

They roped off an area where they are building the new condos, also the areas where the mixed mode retail and new road to the metro will go in the grass, feel sorry for everyone who bought they are in for a few years of construction for in exchange for those 750k mortgages!

Posted by: Boomer Exodus ()
Date: September 14, 2014 10:06PM

Mr. Pulte Wrote:
> I agree hands down, even the mosaic product is
> higher end already boasting hire sale prices for
> equivalent size units. That area is 70% sold out
> and the main competitor that Metrowst is
> targeting. There is alot planned for the final
> phases (est complete 2017) that include a unique
> bar, grocery store, boutique retail shops..no
> Angelika or huge magnet like Target however.
>
> The strength for these units will be in their
> proximity to 2 arterial highways and right on the
> metro, but compared to the Mosaic TOD it is the
> "affordable" option.
>
> The hardest thing I believe, is people refusing to
> accept the density increase coming in the next
> decade. Condo living in NoVa will become the
> norm, SFH and TH will become pricier and as they
> run out of new metrostops to attach homes too the
> prices will continue to rise from the epicenter
> out.
>
> 13 - 15% increases in both areas annually over the
> last three years..how much longer can that last?

Where is the demand coming from? In the next decade you are going to have a flood of Baby Boomer federal retirees on cushy pensions getting the hell out of the overpriced, poorly planned, traffic congested sewer they created for their beach house retirement pads paid for by a generation who has no pensions at all. The ones that stay will start dying.

Plenty of existing inventory will come on the market and the government keeps letting positions go unfilled.

So who is buying the $1M townhouse? People under 35 didn't get to ride the ridiculous housing wave that turned a 200k home into a 600k one.

All they have are salaries around $100k a year if the are doing OK, and that does not buy one of these places.

Posted by: Overpaid baby boomer ()
Date: September 14, 2014 10:12PM

Boomer Exodus Wrote:
> Mr. Pulte Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I agree hands down, even the mosaic product is
> > higher end already boasting hire sale prices
> for
> > equivalent size units. That area is 70% sold
> out
> > and the main competitor that Metrowst is
> > targeting. There is alot planned for the final
> > phases (est complete 2017) that include a
> unique
> > bar, grocery store, boutique retail shops..no
> > Angelika or huge magnet like Target however.
> >
> > The strength for these units will be in their
> > proximity to 2 arterial highways and right on
> the
> > metro, but compared to the Mosaic TOD it is the
> > "affordable" option.
> >
> > The hardest thing I believe, is people refusing
> to
> > accept the density increase coming in the next
> > decade. Condo living in NoVa will become the
> > norm, SFH and TH will become pricier and as
> they
> > run out of new metrostops to attach homes too
> the
> > prices will continue to rise from the epicenter
> > out.
> >
> > 13 - 15% increases in both areas annually over
> the
> > last three years..how much longer can that
> last?
>
> Where is the demand coming from? In the next
> decade you are going to have a flood of Baby
> Boomer federal retirees on cushy pensions getting
> the hell out of the overpriced, poorly planned,
> traffic congested sewer they created for their
> beach house retirement pads paid for by a
> generation who has no pensions at all. The ones
> that stay will start dying.
>
> Plenty of existing inventory will come on the
> market and the government keeps letting positions
> go unfilled.
>
> So who is buying the $1M townhouse? People under
> 35 didn't get to ride the ridiculous housing wave
> that turned a 200k home into a 600k one.
>
> All they have are salaries around $100k a year if
> the are doing OK, and that does not buy one of
> these places.

Our kids are staying here so we are selling our large SFH homes for condos and town homes.

Also, with the low interest rates even the youngsters can afford $900k town homes. $90k or $180k down isn't that hard to put down with 2 high incomes.

Posted by: buuuuuuuurnnnneed ()
Date: September 15, 2014 12:32AM

No town center for you, ouch!

Posted by: 9hw9P ()
Date: September 15, 2014 02:16PM

bait and switch fraud posted by DC metro democrat BEWARE

they complain of it being $2 and but when you get their: bang it's 2x that and your screwed

when you get there the far will be $5 and up - more than cost of driving

a nigger will try to steal your credit card when your pay (and do you really trust metro with your bank #s ?)

Posted by: Pulte Syndicate ()
Date: September 15, 2014 11:34PM

Metro costs are rising, right along with parking costs in the district. The price to suck from the generous teat of D.C contracting will become more expensive to obtain. Your either a have or a have not. If you can't afford a million dollar SFH a 800k TH or a 550k Condo then you don't belong in Fairfax city. There are still some great deals in Stafford and Lurray to be had...and you'll same alot of money on metro

Posted by: REagent ()
Date: September 30, 2014 09:00PM

The developers of these "luxury elevator condominums" are insane. I'm not sure how the unit's are appraising so high, but they open next month and financing for at least two of the unit's have fallen through. Both are re-listed in the mid 5's! No conessisions or incentives offered...as the A-hole sales consultant put it
"if you don't want this product, there's a line of people behind you that do"

Garbage.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3168421240-MetroWest-9521-Bastille-St-104-Fairfax-VA-22031

and

http://www.trulia.com/property/3166754484-MetroWest-9521-Bastille-St-105-Fairfax-VA-22031

Posted by: Cheesesteak ()
Date: September 30, 2014 09:27PM

An actual real estate agent would understand that prices are set by what willing buyers and willing sellers agree upon. Unless you are one or the other, your opinions mean nothing, and you don't have an actual role to play.

Posted by: Transplant1 ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:34AM

Me and my wife are relocating from the southwest to DC. We went on a walk through of the show units for condos being built by the vienna metro. The asking prices seems astronimcal at 515 + 40 - 50k in upgrades for a condo and $280 a month fees. How does this compare with arlington/falls church

Posted by: orange line ()
Date: November 21, 2014 10:56AM

Transplant1 Wrote:
> Me and my wife are relocating from the southwest
> to DC. We went on a walk through of the show
> units for condos being built by the vienna metro.
> The asking prices seems astronimcal at 515 + 40 -
> 50k in upgrades for a condo and $280 a month fees.
> How does this compare with arlington/falls church

For a place as close to the Metro, Arlington or Falls Church will be more expensive unless you are willing to start with older construction.

Posted by: EYA vs Pulte ()
Date: April 24, 2015 10:20AM

Found this thread after trying to figure out which of the two neighborhoods is going to make the most sense for me and my family..

https://www.redfin.com/VA/Fairfax/3002-District-Ave-22031/unit-BRYANT/home/45104470

Can anyone explain why the Mosaic district is 150 - 200k more expensive than the high end units in the Metro west community? Are both areas accurately valued for the area any help is apprecaited!

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: April 24, 2015 01:11PM

Mosaic is developed and right off the beltway & 66. Metrowest is being developed and an exit outside the beltway on 66. Metrowest is probably better value at this point.

Posted by: Penis Envy ()
Date: April 24, 2015 01:36PM

yeah Wrote:
> Mosaic is developed and right off the beltway &
> 66. Metrowest is being developed and an exit
> outside the beltway on 66. Metrowest is probably
> better value at this point.

Mosaic is infested with Mexicans. Metrowest borders Oakton, so there are fewer there.

Posted by: MILF Lover ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:15PM

Penis Envy Wrote:
>
> Mosaic is infested with Mexicans. Metrowest
> borders Oakton, so there are fewer there.

Lots of hottie MILF's hanging around as well, especially on the weekend!

Posted by: Voyeur ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:36PM

A cool million to milf watch at the mosiac on weekends after throwing back drinks at Ted's and rubbing one out inside the Angelika afterwards... worth it. Nothing at metrowest but a parkinglot, Pan-am shopping center and dirt

Posted by: wow overpriced ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:51PM

EYA vs Pulte Wrote:
> Found this thread after trying to figure out which
> of the two neighborhoods is going to make the most
> sense for me and my family..
>
> https://www.redfin.com/VA/Fairfax/3002-District-Av
> e-22031/unit-BRYANT/home/45104470
>
> Can anyone explain why the Mosaic district is 150
> - 200k more expensive than the high end units in
> the Metro west community? Are both areas
> accurately valued for the area any help is
> apprecaited!

Over 200 days and not sold.

Posted by: 1million ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:06AM

1,001,248 reasons to not buy at mosiac...but paying that much for dusty 200 day old furniture because of an exxagerated series of strip malls...LOL!

Date: July 10, 2015 12:26AM

Yet another price hike for the flats at metro west. Units are now going for 600 - 730k after upgrades...

http://www.pulte.com/communities/va/fairfax/metrowest/39331/index1.aspx#.VZ9JPvlKaao

thats about a 70k increase in the last 10 months...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.